User Reviews for Hailey 24 Fe to treat Birth Control

Hailey 24 Fe has an average rating of 4.5 out of 10 from a total of 58 ratings for the treatment of Birth Control. 28% of reviewers reported a positive experience, while 50% reported a negative experience.

Hailey 24 Fe rating summary

4.5/10 average rating

Compare all 266 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Hailey 24 Fe

Bee Kay · Taken for 1 to 6 months · September 25, 2021

"Before I started on Hailey 24 Fe and I was reading the reviews on this sight I was really nervous for bad side effects. I am happy to say my fears weren't all justified. I just started my second month on Hailey 24 Fe. So far my symptoms have been as follows -Loss of appetite - more emotional but it has steadied out -Larger swollen breasts -Can't stand the smell of fish or cooked bacon - Super mild periods -Barely any cramping or bleeding -No weight gain -No acne Overall starting Hailey 24 Fe has been almost stress free and everything is manageable."

Steph · Taken for 1 to 6 months · October 31, 2021

"My pharmacy quit carrying Blisovi 24 FE (I was on it for three years). I switched to Hailey for a month and am stopping birth control all together because of it. My breasts are very sore, my face broke out like crazy, no libido, skin is itchy and I'm very emotional."

Lily · Taken for 1 to 6 months · April 7, 2021

"Hi I just wanted to put this review out there for people are really nervous about starting birth control like I was. I’m 5’6, 115lbs. I haven’t gained any weight, however, my boobs have gotten a lot bigger. My skin has always been pretty clear except for the occasional period pimples. On this birth control my skin has been very clear. However, in the beginning my skin did breakout for a few weeks, but now it’s perfect. My period hurt very badly the first time on the pack. Also, I had spotting for about a month but it could have been from a UTI I had at the same time. Normally my periods are 8 days and heavy. On this birth control it was 2-3 days and light. My emotions are completely normal as well. Once the meds regulate this is a very good birth control.Overall, I recommend this birth control and have had a very good experience on it."

GOODUSER · March 22, 2021

"PART ONE: This is for someone who bases their decisions off of reviews (like my self). This is my first experience ever using the contraceptive pill. After reading numerous reviews of this product I was really scared to start Hailey. My doctor prescribed me Junel, but my providers only carry Hailey. It has now been two weeks going on three weeks of being on Hailey and using Birth Control for the first time. I am 22 years old, height 4'11 and 95 lbs. I did not experience any crazy symptoms. I wanted to put this honest review out, to ease peoples decisions. However, if you currently already use Junel or another brand I do not recommend changing your formula. But this was my first time, and feel perfectly normal. My face has remained clear. Some minor headache an hour or two after I take the pill but shortly goes away. I take it at night so I sleep it off. My boobs are a little sore now. I haven't got to the sugar pill yet so I am curious how long my period will last and how much cramps."

ECB · Taken for 1 to 6 months · July 16, 2022

"This was prescribed for Endometriosis/PMDD. Obviously everyone's experience is different, but taking this pill actually improved my quality of life. My "periods" are very, very light and last maybe 2 days at most, so it may be more alarming for someone who is sexually active, but for me this is way better than horrible cramps and bleeding through my pjamas the first two nights of my periods before going on the pill (and I spend like no money on sanitary supplies anymore). Any bleeding is predictable (I'm not spotting before my placebo pills). My PMDD gave me brain fog, fatigue, attention issues, mega cravings, and really bad emotional symptoms (all the symptoms people say the pill will give you). After only one month on Hailey 24 Fe these symptoms were way reduced if not gone. My acne may have gone down slightly, esp on my back. No weight gain. This pills seems to get average to bad ratings, but if you're suffering from endo/PMDD I would recommend at least giving it a shot. It's made me super happy."

Dee · Taken for 1 to 6 months · February 24, 2021

"I had to switch to this birth control because my insurance stopped covering Junel, my doctor told me it was the same thing but it’s not. I’ve been on this for 3 months and I have a headache everyday, moody, bloated and nauseous almost everyday. I stopped taking it because I’d rather not be on any birth control than feel the way I did. Since I’ve been off of it I’ve been feeling better than ever."

LionEsse · Taken for less than 1 month · September 5, 2020

"let me just start out by saying, WOW. If I wanted a prescription that aggressively shook my hormones and emotions down to my core, this would have been my #1 choice.. (And yes, I did mind the excessive breakouts of blemishes/cystic acne that accompanied it.) My mental clarity was in danger. Woman to woman, I HIGHLY recommend against! We're better than that."

My experience · Taken for 2 to 5 years · December 3, 2021

"I’ve been on this birth control I would say for about 3-4 years give or take possibly 2. I really liked it at first, it made my periods lighter and less symptoms of my period like cramps and headaches. But over the last year I’ve gotten so moody . I thought it was just me going through stuff. Even thought I didn’t wanna be with my boyfriend of 5 years any more because there’s times I wanna rip off his head, like I literally can’t stand him. But then other days it’s norma , how I’ve always felt for him . I also NEVER get my period anymore . I’ll have spotting for a day and that’s it . I also have lost all my sex drive like it doesn’t even interest me anymore unless I am drinking. I wanna get off of this BC so bad but I don’t know what to switch too . I would NOT recommend this BC . Many other side effects I haven’t included ."

Ashley · Taken for 1 to 6 months · August 22, 2021

"I've been taking this birth control for a little over 3 months. They told me give it 3 months and it'll level out everything. Wrong. I have literally been on my period every other week or every week. I take it at the same time every I'm supposed to and it just does not work for me. I just ended my period on Sunday and I start spotting yesterday (Saturday) and today I woke up cramping and bleeding AGAIN. I'm so sick of being on my period. Waiting for a call to switch. Also, last week when I was on it, it literally was as if I didn't even take it. Clots, bad cramps, going 6-7 days. I feel like I've been patient enough. ALSO, I had a terrible migraine for about a month when I started it."

Meowmix · Taken for 1 to 2 years · January 14, 2020

"I'm 27, tried this pill for over a year (been on BC since I was 15 trying to find one that doesn't make me hate my life), the only great thing about it for me was that it works well as birth control. The first 3 months my cycle was normal on it, but after that it was SO irregular. Gave me terrible cystic acne, and also acne on my back (which is very rare for me). Basically my new mantra was "another day another cyst" because basically everyday a new one would appear and they take FOREVER to clear up and hurt so bad!! I work out 3 times a week and have an active lifestyle and mostly eat healthy, haven't gained weight but I'd imagine I would've if I wasn't active. Besides not being able to lose weight and having terrible skin, and abnormal bleeding, I definitely felt moody and like my hormones were imbalanced on this pill. I started taking "Nikki" a few weeks ago, and am starting to feel better and have had no breakouts, so hopefully that does the trick."

Jess · Taken for 1 to 6 months · April 26, 2021

"THE WORST ! I’ve been on my period for the last 5 months and that how long I’ve been taking Hailey . I take birth control because my periods are so painful and sickening it sometimes puts me in the hospital, so my goal was to stop my periods . I used to take Junel Fe and that was THE BEST. But I moved and when my insurance ended I had to find a new one. The provider told me this was like Junel but no way it’s nothing like it. I’m breaking out. I’m bleeding everyday. I’m always feeling bloated and uncomfortable. I've been trying to loose weight and it’s definitely harder now that I’m on this birth control. I went from losing 3 pounds a month to none at all. I asked my provider for a different birth control because this just ain’t it ."

Breezy · Taken for 1 to 6 months · November 24, 2020

"I wanted to add to the less scary comment section for if you were a nervous first time user like me looking at other people’s experiences! I have been on Hailey FE for about 5 months. The first month, I gained 10 pounds but mainly just water weight/bloat. Which is expected I think? I went through a few cycles when my skin was worse than normal, but nothing too too bad. My moods were fairly normal (I am prone to anxiety and sadness) it only got really bad for one week near my birthday (so could have been to do with that outside variable). All in all, it could have been worse! My periods are super light with hardly any cramping, and no pregnancy! So yay! Give it a go(:"

Em · Taken for 1 to 6 months · October 28, 2020

"This birth control Hailey 24 Fe started off really good. Noticed my minor acne going away and actually felt that my self esteem went up. Never got pregnant which is great. However within the first pill of my second month I threw up twice in that week. Then I started have horrible migraines where I lose my vision. At first I brushed them off and thought it was because my body was adjusting but well into the fourth month of using it I was still having those migraines every week or more. As of right now typing I have a migraine. I am getting off of it after my last pill. I don’t know if this will help anyone but this is how my experience was."

Bad Experience · Taken for 1 to 6 months · August 25, 2022

"I would like to start off by saying I have never written a review in my life, but I had the worst experience with this birth control and I feel like I need to warn other people. I was previously on Sprintec for about 2 years and LOVED it except for the fact that it made me a little dry down there. I talked to my doctor and decided to switch and she put me on Hailey 24 Fe. I’m not sure what happened and I may sound crazy for saying this, but it quite literally made me lose my mind. I’ve always experienced some form of anxiety in certain situations but never in my life has it been as bad as it was while I was taking this medication. It would last all day every day and it got to the point where nothing felt real. I tried to stay on it to let my body adjust and stuck with it for about 4 months, but I eventually couldn’t deal with it anymore and completely stopped birth control all together. It also affected my periods and it made me get about 3 a month."

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year · March 2, 2022

"Emotionally this drug hasn't done much to me more than the normal emotional I would have without birth control. Acne wise I do break out a little but its nothing compared to my acne when I first started birth control 4 years ago, but it is slightly more breaking out then other birth controls I have been on. I don't have any break through bleeding and my period is extremely light to none on the 24/4 schedule. It has not completely fixed my cramping during my period but it is much better now. The one draw back I do have from it is it seems to have wrecked my sex drive/libido, most of the time I am not completely like ew no, I don't want to have sex when it is initiated by someone else but it does make me never want to initiated it because I never just feel in the mood. Overall I would just have to say it's not life changing for the better but its definitely not giving as bad as side effects as other birth controls ."

HaileyDaily · Taken for 6 months to 1 year · July 8, 2021

"I was on this for around a year and I’m about to switch off of it. I think that it helped my skin, so that was nice, but lately I’ve been prone to these crazy OCD episodes - I’m not sure if it’s related, but the timeline matches. Aside from that, Hailey Fe COMPLETELY stopped my period from the moment I started taking it, even during the placebo week. My doctor said it wasn’t an issue and that some people just have that side effect, but I’m switching away from it because of that. It was sort of a plus actually but I’m worried I wouldn’t be able to tell if I was pregnant"

PMS sufferer · Taken for 2 to 5 years · May 7, 2022

"I’ve now been on Hailey for 3 years. I originally wanted to start birth control because I was suffering severe PMS depression & moderately heavy flow periods. Bonus for the fact that it was also, well, birth control! Within the first few months of starting it, I gained 10 pounds. Yes, TEN pounds. BUT, it stopped after a couple months, no more immediate weight gain or any other unwanted side effects. I am 5’4 & 150lbs (previously 135-140lbs range, 3+ years ago). This pill varies for everyone, but for me, ever since getting past the initial weight gain I’ve had INCREDIBLY light periods and only about 3-4 a year. They are unpredictable— but when they do come, they’re easy to deal with because of the light flow, & cramps are minimal, if any at all. My PMS depression (& really any PMS symptoms) has vanished, & I feel great. I haven’t gotten pregnant & the pill did what I needed it to. Don’t forget— it’s different for everyone, but worth it to try!"

kano · Taken for 6 months to 1 year · September 11, 2021

"Well, I'm not pregnant and my skin looks amazing! That's about where it stops. I think that this medicine will probably work amazing for SOME people, but I am unfortunately just not one of those people. My period while taking Hailey 24 Fe was extremely irregular, coming several times during the month from anywhere between 2-5 days at a time. Perhaps the worst side effect were the mood swings. I absolutely could not control myself at all on this medicine when these random bleeding episodes arrived. I would feel emotionally devastated at the smallest things, things that were not even issues, that I could recognize weren't issues... but that didn't help much. I sobbed for hours on end to my boyfriend over the phone over absolutely nothing. My boyfriend and I recently were trying to decide where to go for dinner, and I didn't want pizza. My reaction? To cry that I didn't want pizza. And then when we finally got where we were going (not pizza)? I cried again. Hailey messed me up."

AMK · Taken for 1 to 2 years · July 7, 2021

"I'm only seeing negative reviews so I'm giving you mine. I've been on this for about a year and a half. It took my body about 3-4 months to get used to. In the beginning, I definitely held onto water weight, had very sore breasts, a low sex drive, and moderate mood swings. I had very bad acne as a teenager but am now 28 and only get the occasional breakout. This pill didn't really do anything different to my skin. My periods have always been fairly normal with moderately painful cramps, so it's nice to have the option to skip that week and even if I do go through the placebo week, the period is extremely light. I do notice that one lasting side effect is a low sex drive. However, other than that, I feel very normal and recommend this for a great birth control option."

Nicky · Taken for 1 to 6 months · January 20, 2021

"Around the 2-3 month mark I started having terrible migraines almost daily. I didn’t know what it was because I drink lots of water and get good sleep and then I checked the reviews of Hailey Fe and found out this is a common side effect. It’s now my 3rd day off this brand and no more migraines!!! Although I didn’t get pregnant on this pill, I couldn’t bear this side effect. Stay away!!!"

becca · Taken for 1 to 6 months · June 24, 2022

"I decided to try Hailey 24 Fe birth control, tried ignoring the bad reviews because it affects everyone differently. I have tried multiple different pills. This has been by far the worst. Although I had less period pain, I have been on my period for two weeks or more at a time with only 2-5 days in between periods. I tried this birth control for 4 months and it only got worse. If I would miss a pill, even by a few hours I would automatically start my period the following day. It was awful. Sprintec birth control is what I will be going back to, it is so much better!!"

Alexis · Taken for 1 to 6 months · March 5, 2022

"I started this medication 3 months ago. My doc switched me from a BCP I’ve been on for years with absolutely no issues. I was trying to be an easy patient so I went along with the switch. I’ve had unbearable cramps since the first pill I took. To the point where they’re debilitating. I’ve also had insane mood swings and constant anxiety. I’ve had issues like this years ago, but the first 2 weeks on the meds I was an absolute nightmare to everyone around me and I still don’t like how I am. I’ve had to reach out to my other doc for anxiety medications because this drug has set me so far back. I’m switching back to my old BCP ASAP!"

Anonymous · February 13, 2022

"So I'm not sure really, I've had cramps that have lasted going into the 3 Rd week now and bleed was ok at first got to day 6 and not it's the heaviest I've ever had I'm going to go ahead and stop taking it and go see my doctor again this was supposed to help me with heavy flow it did the opposite never taking this again."

first pill · Taken for 1 to 6 months · September 12, 2021

"first time I've ever tried birth control and its improved my life so much. I was terrified at first but now my skin is clear, my cramps are substantially better, I know when I'll be experiencing my period, AND I don't experience horrible pms like I previously did. At the beginning I did feel mildly moody at times but its subsided since I continued taking it. I love it"

Jordan lee · January 27, 2022

"I started taking this pill 4 months ago. The only positive side effects I have noticed is that it helped my period cramps and flow, and I have gained little to no weight. Other than that, it made my acne horrible, gave me mood swings, and headaches, and bad anxiety. I have gone my whole life to having little to no acne but since I’ve started the pill acne is all I’ve been experiencing. I have taken other birth controls before and had no problem with this. My acne has been horrible since I’ve started taken these pills and has yet to go away. My acne has surrounded my chin, lip area, nose, and my cheeks. I have done proper skin care, drank water, and ate healthy but nothing works."

More about Hailey 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone)

Patient resources