User Reviews for Hailey 24 Fe

Birth Control
4.8

Reviews for Hailey 24 Fe

Bee Kay · Taken for 1 to 6 months · September 25, 2021

For Birth Control: “Before I started on Hailey 24 Fe and I was reading the reviews on this sight I was really nervous for bad side effects. I am happy to say my fears weren't all justified. I just started my second month on Hailey 24 Fe. So far my symptoms have been as follows -Loss of appetite - more emotional but it has steadied out -Larger swollen breasts -Can't stand the smell of fish or cooked bacon - Super mild periods -Barely any cramping or bleeding -No weight gain -No acne Overall starting Hailey 24 Fe has been almost stress free and everything is manageable.”

Lily · Taken for 1 to 6 months · April 7, 2021

For Birth Control: “Hi I just wanted to put this review out there for people are really nervous about starting birth control like I was. I’m 5’6, 115lbs. I haven’t gained any weight, however, my boobs have gotten a lot bigger. My skin has always been pretty clear except for the occasional period pimples. On this birth control my skin has been very clear. However, in the beginning my skin did breakout for a few weeks, but now it’s perfect. My period hurt very badly the first time on the pack. Also, I had spotting for about a month but it could have been from a UTI I had at the same time. Normally my periods are 8 days and heavy. On this birth control it was 2-3 days and light. My emotions are completely normal as well. Once the meds regulate this is a very good birth control.Overall, I recommend this birth control and have had a very good experience on it.”

GOODUSER · March 22, 2021

For Birth Control: “PART ONE: This is for someone who bases their decisions off of reviews (like my self). This is my first experience ever using the contraceptive pill. After reading numerous reviews of this product I was really scared to start Hailey. My doctor prescribed me Junel, but my providers only carry Hailey. It has now been two weeks going on three weeks of being on Hailey and using Birth Control for the first time. I am 22 years old, height 4'11 and 95 lbs. I did not experience any crazy symptoms. I wanted to put this honest review out, to ease peoples decisions. However, if you currently already use Junel or another brand I do not recommend changing your formula. But this was my first time, and feel perfectly normal. My face has remained clear. Some minor headache an hour or two after I take the pill but shortly goes away. I take it at night so I sleep it off. My boobs are a little sore now. I haven't got to the sugar pill yet so I am curious how long my period will last and how much cramps.”

Steph · Taken for 1 to 6 months · October 31, 2021

For Birth Control: “My pharmacy quit carrying Blisovi 24 FE (I was on it for three years). I switched to Hailey for a month and am stopping birth control all together because of it. My breasts are very sore, my face broke out like crazy, no libido, skin is itchy and I'm very emotional.”

Dee · Taken for 1 to 6 months · February 24, 2021

For Birth Control: “I had to switch to this birth control because my insurance stopped covering Junel, my doctor told me it was the same thing but it’s not. I’ve been on this for 3 months and I have a headache everyday, moody, bloated and nauseous almost everyday. I stopped taking it because I’d rather not be on any birth control than feel the way I did. Since I’ve been off of it I’ve been feeling better than ever.”

My experience · Taken for 2 to 5 years · December 3, 2021

For Birth Control: “I’ve been on this birth control I would say for about 3-4 years give or take possibly 2. I really liked it at first, it made my periods lighter and less symptoms of my period like cramps and headaches. But over the last year I’ve gotten so moody . I thought it was just me going through stuff. Even thought I didn’t wanna be with my boyfriend of 5 years any more because there’s times I wanna rip off his head, like I literally can’t stand him. But then other days it’s norma , how I’ve always felt for him . I also NEVER get my period anymore . I’ll have spotting for a day and that’s it . I also have lost all my sex drive like it doesn’t even interest me anymore unless I am drinking. I wanna get off of this BC so bad but I don’t know what to switch too . I would NOT recommend this BC . Many other side effects I haven’t included .”

LionEsse · Taken for less than 1 month · September 5, 2020

For Birth Control: “let me just start out by saying, WOW. If I wanted a prescription that aggressively shook my hormones and emotions down to my core, this would have been my #1 choice.. (And yes, I did mind the excessive breakouts of blemishes/cystic acne that accompanied it.) My mental clarity was in danger. Woman to woman, I HIGHLY recommend against! We're better than that.”

Meowmix · Taken for 1 to 2 years · January 14, 2020

For Birth Control: “I'm 27, tried this pill for over a year (been on BC since I was 15 trying to find one that doesn't make me hate my life), the only great thing about it for me was that it works well as birth control. The first 3 months my cycle was normal on it, but after that it was SO irregular. Gave me terrible cystic acne, and also acne on my back (which is very rare for me). Basically my new mantra was "another day another cyst" because basically everyday a new one would appear and they take FOREVER to clear up and hurt so bad!! I work out 3 times a week and have an active lifestyle and mostly eat healthy, haven't gained weight but I'd imagine I would've if I wasn't active. Besides not being able to lose weight and having terrible skin, and abnormal bleeding, I definitely felt moody and like my hormones were imbalanced on this pill. I started taking "Nikki" a few weeks ago, and am starting to feel better and have had no breakouts, so hopefully that does the trick.”

Breezy · Taken for 1 to 6 months · November 24, 2020

For Birth Control: “I wanted to add to the less scary comment section for if you were a nervous first time user like me looking at other people’s experiences! I have been on Hailey FE for about 5 months. The first month, I gained 10 pounds but mainly just water weight/bloat. Which is expected I think? I went through a few cycles when my skin was worse than normal, but nothing too too bad. My moods were fairly normal (I am prone to anxiety and sadness) it only got really bad for one week near my birthday (so could have been to do with that outside variable). All in all, it could have been worse! My periods are super light with hardly any cramping, and no pregnancy! So yay! Give it a go(:”

Jess · Taken for 1 to 6 months · April 26, 2021

For Birth Control: “THE WORST ! I’ve been on my period for the last 5 months and that how long I’ve been taking Hailey . I take birth control because my periods are so painful and sickening it sometimes puts me in the hospital, so my goal was to stop my periods . I used to take Junel Fe and that was THE BEST. But I moved and when my insurance ended I had to find a new one. The provider told me this was like Junel but no way it’s nothing like it. I’m breaking out. I’m bleeding everyday. I’m always feeling bloated and uncomfortable. I've been trying to loose weight and it’s definitely harder now that I’m on this birth control. I went from losing 3 pounds a month to none at all. I asked my provider for a different birth control because this just ain’t it .”

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year · March 2, 2022

For Birth Control: “Emotionally this drug hasn't done much to me more than the normal emotional I would have without birth control. Acne wise I do break out a little but its nothing compared to my acne when I first started birth control 4 years ago, but it is slightly more breaking out then other birth controls I have been on. I don't have any break through bleeding and my period is extremely light to none on the 24/4 schedule. It has not completely fixed my cramping during my period but it is much better now. The one draw back I do have from it is it seems to have wrecked my sex drive/libido, most of the time I am not completely like ew no, I don't want to have sex when it is initiated by someone else but it does make me never want to initiated it because I never just feel in the mood. Overall I would just have to say it's not life changing for the better but its definitely not giving as bad as side effects as other birth controls .”

Em · Taken for 1 to 6 months · October 28, 2020

For Birth Control: “This birth control Hailey 24 Fe started off really good. Noticed my minor acne going away and actually felt that my self esteem went up. Never got pregnant which is great. However within the first pill of my second month I threw up twice in that week. Then I started have horrible migraines where I lose my vision. At first I brushed them off and thought it was because my body was adjusting but well into the fourth month of using it I was still having those migraines every week or more. As of right now typing I have a migraine. I am getting off of it after my last pill. I don’t know if this will help anyone but this is how my experience was.”

ECB · Taken for 1 to 6 months · July 16, 2022

For Birth Control: “This was prescribed for Endometriosis/PMDD. Obviously everyone's experience is different, but taking this pill actually improved my quality of life. My "periods" are very, very light and last maybe 2 days at most, so it may be more alarming for someone who is sexually active, but for me this is way better than horrible cramps and bleeding through my pjamas the first two nights of my periods before going on the pill (and I spend like no money on sanitary supplies anymore). Any bleeding is predictable (I'm not spotting before my placebo pills). My PMDD gave me brain fog, fatigue, attention issues, mega cravings, and really bad emotional symptoms (all the symptoms people say the pill will give you). After only one month on Hailey 24 Fe these symptoms were way reduced if not gone. My acne may have gone down slightly, esp on my back. No weight gain. This pills seems to get average to bad ratings, but if you're suffering from endo/PMDD I would recommend at least giving it a shot. It's made me super happy.”

HaileyDaily · Taken for 6 months to 1 year · July 8, 2021

For Birth Control: “I was on this for around a year and I’m about to switch off of it. I think that it helped my skin, so that was nice, but lately I’ve been prone to these crazy OCD episodes - I’m not sure if it’s related, but the timeline matches. Aside from that, Hailey Fe COMPLETELY stopped my period from the moment I started taking it, even during the placebo week. My doctor said it wasn’t an issue and that some people just have that side effect, but I’m switching away from it because of that. It was sort of a plus actually but I’m worried I wouldn’t be able to tell if I was pregnant”

Zoe · Taken for 1 to 6 months · July 9, 2022

For Birth Control: “Was on it for 3 months before deciding to switch. It actually worsened my cramps (not even during my period, but sporadically throughout the month), increased my acne (back and face) and my appetite. Didn’t notice anything with mood changes. Will be switching to Nikki and seeing if that works.”

PMS sufferer · Taken for 2 to 5 years · May 7, 2022

For Birth Control: “I’ve now been on Hailey for 3 years. I originally wanted to start birth control because I was suffering severe PMS depression & moderately heavy flow periods. Bonus for the fact that it was also, well, birth control! Within the first few months of starting it, I gained 10 pounds. Yes, TEN pounds. BUT, it stopped after a couple months, no more immediate weight gain or any other unwanted side effects. I am 5’4 & 150lbs (previously 135-140lbs range, 3+ years ago). This pill varies for everyone, but for me, ever since getting past the initial weight gain I’ve had INCREDIBLY light periods and only about 3-4 a year. They are unpredictable— but when they do come, they’re easy to deal with because of the light flow, & cramps are minimal, if any at all. My PMS depression (& really any PMS symptoms) has vanished, & I feel great. I haven’t gotten pregnant & the pill did what I needed it to. Don’t forget— it’s different for everyone, but worth it to try!”

Ashley · Taken for 1 to 6 months · August 22, 2021

For Birth Control: “I've been taking this birth control for a little over 3 months. They told me give it 3 months and it'll level out everything. Wrong. I have literally been on my period every other week or every week. I take it at the same time every I'm supposed to and it just does not work for me. I just ended my period on Sunday and I start spotting yesterday (Saturday) and today I woke up cramping and bleeding AGAIN. I'm so sick of being on my period. Waiting for a call to switch. Also, last week when I was on it, it literally was as if I didn't even take it. Clots, bad cramps, going 6-7 days. I feel like I've been patient enough. ALSO, I had a terrible migraine for about a month when I started it.”

AMK · Taken for 1 to 2 years · July 7, 2021

For Birth Control: “I'm only seeing negative reviews so I'm giving you mine. I've been on this for about a year and a half. It took my body about 3-4 months to get used to. In the beginning, I definitely held onto water weight, had very sore breasts, a low sex drive, and moderate mood swings. I had very bad acne as a teenager but am now 28 and only get the occasional breakout. This pill didn't really do anything different to my skin. My periods have always been fairly normal with moderately painful cramps, so it's nice to have the option to skip that week and even if I do go through the placebo week, the period is extremely light. I do notice that one lasting side effect is a low sex drive. However, other than that, I feel very normal and recommend this for a great birth control option.”

first pill · Taken for 1 to 6 months · September 12, 2021

For Birth Control: “first time I've ever tried birth control and its improved my life so much. I was terrified at first but now my skin is clear, my cramps are substantially better, I know when I'll be experiencing my period, AND I don't experience horrible pms like I previously did. At the beginning I did feel mildly moody at times but its subsided since I continued taking it. I love it”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months · June 22, 2022

For Birth Control: “First month my boobs did get bigger but as a small chested person I was happy with the results! I take birth control because I struggle with ovarian cysts that burst and are super painful, but after 5 months I haven’t had a single cyst burst. 2-4 day periods with light cramping. I do get migraines, but I’ve been struggling with migraines for years so it’s been no different. I also did have some acne over the first month but it has since gone away and I’ve had clear skin! Overall pretty happy with this BC.”

Been on it for 3 months now · Taken for 1 to 6 months · August 11, 2021

For Birth Control: “I have never had acne my entire life but 3 weeks after starting this I had bad cystic acne. I almost switched but I stuck it out and it has gone away! I’ve noticed more bloating than usual and my boobs are so so sore. It has helped lighten my periods and haven’t had any other bad side effects! I’d recommend it. However, I was on Lo Loestrin fe before this and that was the BEST. I never had any side effects. It is just too expensive though.”

Alexis · Taken for 1 to 6 months · March 5, 2022

For Birth Control: “I started this medication 3 months ago. My doc switched me from a BCP I’ve been on for years with absolutely no issues. I was trying to be an easy patient so I went along with the switch. I’ve had unbearable cramps since the first pill I took. To the point where they’re debilitating. I’ve also had insane mood swings and constant anxiety. I’ve had issues like this years ago, but the first 2 weeks on the meds I was an absolute nightmare to everyone around me and I still don’t like how I am. I’ve had to reach out to my other doc for anxiety medications because this drug has set me so far back. I’m switching back to my old BCP ASAP!”

Rbc · Taken for 1 to 6 months · March 2, 2022

For Birth Control: “I’ve been in this for 2 full months now. My boobs got so big and sore during the first month but they went back to normal after a few weeks. Also some headaches at the beginning. My periods started during the third week of pills for both months as I continued to take the remaining pills and I bled for twice as long as usual and had longer durations of cramping. It wasn’t as bad of cramping as without the pills, but lasted the entire time I bled (when it usually lasts 1 day and I’d very painful) I usually bleed 3-5 days but I have bled for 7-10 days both months on this. I am going to continue with the third pack and then consider trying something else. No weight gain while taking these.”

Nicky · Taken for 1 to 6 months · January 20, 2021

For Birth Control: “Around the 2-3 month mark I started having terrible migraines almost daily. I didn’t know what it was because I drink lots of water and get good sleep and then I checked the reviews of Hailey Fe and found out this is a common side effect. It’s now my 3rd day off this brand and no more migraines!!! Although I didn’t get pregnant on this pill, I couldn’t bear this side effect. Stay away!!!”

Anonymous · February 13, 2022

For Birth Control: “So I'm not sure really, I've had cramps that have lasted going into the 3 Rd week now and bleed was ok at first got to day 6 and not it's the heaviest I've ever had I'm going to go ahead and stop taking it and go see my doctor again this was supposed to help me with heavy flow it did the opposite never taking this again.”

More about Hailey 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone)

Patient resources