User Reviews for Gildess Fe 1 / 20

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 6 reviews 169 medications

3.5
Summary of Gildess Fe 1/20 reviews 227 reviews 5.1

Reviews for Gildess Fe 1/20

For Birth Control "Since most people write reviews when thing are bad, I had to right down and say how happy I was with Gildess for the last 2 years. No side effects to mention, no bad experiences just how I like a BC. Sad to say it was recalled and now I can no longer take it. I am not taking the Blisovi that was given to me due to NO positive reviews at all and it just being approved in 2015. I hope that one day this could possibly be back for me to take."

Cmbear December 2, 2016

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I was prescribed Loestrin to get my irregular periods regular, and Gildess is the generic that my pharmacy carried. It did a really terrible job of regulating my periods, because they are crazier now than they were before. The first month, I spotted almost the entire month, but my period was on time, short, and light. When I didn't spot at all the second month, I figured it would be smooth sailing. Nope. My period was really early that month and longer than usual. I either had an extremely early period the third month, or heavy spotting accompanied by bad cramps and no period at all. It didn't effect my sex drive, but it did cause me to have vaginal dryness for about the first six weeks of taking it, although thankfully that side effect did go away after a while. I found myself to be incredibly short tempered after starting this medication, but I think that side effect subsided (ask my friends, I guess haha). I also became alarmed at the amount of hair that was falling out, but a call to the doctor assured me that the hair is falling out faster, but also growing back in faster. I haven't noticed a change in the fullness of my hair, so I'll take her word on it. I have noticed myself having more pimples in the last month, but this could be related to stress, because I hadn't noticed it the first two months. Bottom line, I'm giving it a six, because while it served me well as a birth control and I didn't get pregnant while taking it and most of its side effects subsided for me, it has served me poorly for the reason it was prescribed, to regulate my period."

Shurrydan (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 15, 2016

For Birth Control "I definitely don't recommend this pill if you already have anxiety. It made my anxiety attacks much worse. Plus it gave me horrible acne, and I've never struggled with acne. Everyone reacts differently to BC, but just be aware when you decide to go with this one.."

Disney diva November 11, 2016

For Birth Control "I was on Demulin and Zovia from the first time I got my period until three months ago, I'm 35, so literally 20 years. I LOVED that pill. No side effects and a very light period like clockwork down to the hour. After turning 35 my doctor said I needed a low estrogen pill and she switched me to Gildess. First month I had tender breasts, which never happened before, cramping, and my period lasted over a week. Second month I started getting nauseous every day, bad cramps, but only got my period for an hour. Four days ago I started my third month and I've been so sick. Debilitating cramps, severe nausea and overall feel like death. The doctor told me today to stop the pill right away. I've never in my 35 years of life felt this sick from BC."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 10, 2016

For Birth Control "I have racked my brain trying to remember the name of this birth control. Sad it is discontinued. My favorite out of five brands I have tried. Made me lose 5lbs/mo without changing anything in my life style, i never got pregnant and I never had acne."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 8, 2016

For Menstrual Disorders "I've been taking this for about four years now and it's been great. I only get my period when I forget to take the medicine. It alleviates acne and cramps. I recommend asking your gyne if this is right for you."

Rashza October 26, 2016

For Birth Control "I just switched birth controls today, but I was previously on my fourth month with Gildess. The first month was great. Very light period, barely any cramping, and barely any symptoms. I have endometriosis, so the first month was a dream come true. However, after that first month it was awful. I felt bloated all the time, I had insane breast tenderness, and I was incredibly irritable and anxious for absolutely no reason. My period was regular and super light, but the symptoms were horrible. My doctor said that my symptoms were due to the progesterone, and she switched my dose today. I am really hoping it helps! I know everyone is different, but I would recommend switching if things don't timrpove after three months. No use being miserable!"

LoBelle October 26, 2016

For Birth Control "I have never suffered from acne but after 3 months of taking this birth control I started breaking out with cystic acne,pimples and white heads. I also bought proactive and it didn't help me form breaking out I have been off this bc for two days ."

Des210 October 21, 2016

For Birth Control "I thought this birth control was great at first, but I have now gained 40+ pounds after being on this. I HATE it, to say the least. Oh, it was RECALLED, by the way, which scares me. That's why they have switched users to Blisovi."

AshenQueen (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 20, 2016

For Birth Control "I am 45 years old and have taken birth control pills from the time I was 18 to 34 when my husband and I decided to start a family. For 11 years my cycles were always 26-28 days, the reason I went back on the pill was due to painful menstrual cramps and not to get pregnant. Since I have been on this pill I had immediate break through bleeding, it's lasted for 3 months. It's actually gotten worse I bleed everyday! I have also suffered from migraines and headaches daily in the 3rd month. My breast are huge and my weight is creeping up. I feel depressed and have no sex drive. I hate this pill! I took my last pill today. I rather have two painful days of menstrual cramps. I will never take this pill ever!!!!!"

Anonymous October 15, 2016

For Birth Control "I've written a review 2 months ago and things have changed a little. I'm 18 years old and I've been on this BC for almost 4 months. The first and second month and a half, I was experiencing bloating, nausea and pelvic cramps. I also felt a little depressed and down. I spotted in the third week of the pack and got my period on the placebo week. In my third pack, I spotted and only had my period for about 3 days when I normally have it for 5. I also had a yeast infection and a UTI 2 weeks later. Now, I'm on my third week of my fourth pack and I've been experiencing pelvic cramps for a week. I haven't spotted yet . My nipples started to feel sore too which was strange because it never happened since I started takin the birth control."

J18 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 11, 2016

For Birth Control "Im glad I didn't look up reviews 5 years ago when I started taking this. I've never had a negative side effect, and definitely never had a baby, so I'd say this little pill is my best friend. Understand that the majority of people that leave reviews are the ones with negative experiences. I totally get that, but I'm leaving a review to say that I've never had a problem..other than occasional spotting..until now. Cvs no longer carries Gildess and is switching me take Blisovi fe. I'm leaving this review as a goodbye to the best birth control I could've asked for. I really really hope this new brand is the same."

SavvyG (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 7, 2016

For Birth Control "I take birth control to help treat my ovarian cysts. Normally I take Junel, but I decided to switch to Gildess because it was cheaper, assuming they were the same drug, they are not. I have constant cramping, I became depressed, I've gained 15-20 pounds, had numerous anxiety attacks and plagued with paranoia, had the worst breakouts of my life, ohh and the whole reason I'm taking birth control, you know to treat my ovarian cysts, guess who just got discharged from the hospital with prescribed pain medicine because of their frickin ovarian cysts??? I don't care how cheap this drug is, it shouldn't be legal. I've never been depressed but on this I was starting to feel suicidal Just don't do it."

Er patient (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 7, 2016

For Birth Control "For a YEAR this birth control caused the worst acne/period of my life! I would have extremedy heavy/painful periods lasting up to two weeks. They would make me nauseous/dizzy, double over from sharp pains. If I forgot to take it for HALF A DAY, the period would start all over again!! I went to my Dr. to find out if I had endometriosis & ran a bunch of tests, even ultrasounds, but nothing was present. Eventually, I couldn't afford the health insurance increase so I went without the birth control for a yr+. During that break, all my acne went away & I no longer had pain/issues with my period. I went back on Gildess Fe a few months ago & everything came back! WORST BC EVER! I use Microgestin Fe 1.5/30 now. Light 2-3 day periods no pain/acne!"

Vicky age 30 (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 3, 2016

For Birth Control "I was on this pill throughout high school and don't quite remember the initial side effects. But what I will HAVE to remember for the rest of my life is the cystic acne it has given me since stopping this pill. I didn't want to be on birth control anymore but now if I want to ever have DECENT skin again, I will have to get back on the pill- but not this specific one ever again. Cystic acne is the worst, most hard to treat acne that is underneath the skin. I hate gildess for creating a mess with my hormones."

Lexilove1111 October 2, 2016

For Acne "I was on this medication for about 3 months and was curious where my fits of rage / severe depression came from. Finally my doctor switched me to a new medicine, and later switched me back when they stopped carrying the 2nd medicine. I now have been giving it a second shot for about 6 months but plan to switch to something new today. I've been battling cystic acne all over my jawline for about 3 months now and in this time, I've gained nearly 30 pounds. I've remained a certain weight most of my adulthood - for nearly 10 years. Suddenly, after quitting soda, sugars, changing my diet, working out more - still no losses in weight. Do NOT listen to your doctor and do NOT go on this medicine. I would rather risk no birth control, over taking it."

MRYRY91 September 27, 2016

For Birth Control "I am single, and am only taking this mainly for my acne issues. I stopped taking this a year ago when i was in a bad relationship and was too depressed to take the pill regularly. After stopping, I've had under the skin acne/bumps all the time, and has not gotten better. I caved in and am back on it. I just finished week 1 of my first pack. I wasn't get cystic acne previously but did get one a couple days ago. hopefully this will be the only one. When I was on this in 2015, I was very depressed and no sex drive but I was also in a bad relationship so I wont put the blame on the pill just yet. I will keep you updated with my progress, wish me luck!"

Rabbits Foot September 26, 2016

For Birth Control "This is my 2nd time taking birth control. I am on my 2nd pack with this particular one and near the end of the 2nd week. Maybe 4-5 days after my period ends, I get another period or "breakthrough bleeding" I'm not happy with this at all because this will probably go on until I finish the pack. So technically I bleed for about 2-3 weeks. This is not cool. I will give this one more month to see if my body will adjust. If this situation doesn't get better then I'm going to discontinue use of this product."

Tiffypoo September 25, 2016

For Birth Control "it caused me to gain 30 pounds"

200115 September 21, 2016

For Birth Control "I just started this 6 days ago. I have been dizzy, had headaches and nausea since day 3. Also, just like other reviewers have noted, i have cystic acne on my forehead and even some on my back. I have never had a pimple on my back and I am over 40! I am switching to another pill right away."

LBMom September 12, 2016

For Birth Control "I was given Gildesse to help control my ovarian cysts. BIG MISTAKE! I have gained wieght, feel depressed and tired and when I do have periods now they are horrible, painful,and really heavy. They will last indefinitely too. I have bled for over 30 days. I thought this was just my perimenopause but after reading everyone's reviews I felt I had the same symptoms as them and felt obligated to share."

46with ovarian cysts (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 12, 2016

For Birth Control "The first time i took this medication was last month on the 1st day of period..had bad side effects within 3 days like.. always angry..acne along side of jaw & mouth..swelling boobs..heavy bleeding..i stopped taking it after the 1st week ... Told my obgyn about it she said no take it again give it another chance for a whole month so i did and im now on my 2nd week and have not experienced any side effects so far which is good..only good side affect is swelling boobs who wouldnt want that lol "

Erika Pena September 8, 2016

For Birth Control "I'm blown away by the bad reviews. However I fully believe every birth control affects people differently. This pill changed my life. I've had bad endo since I was 13. I'm 32 now. Bleeding to the point of not being able to leave the house and pain to the point a bottle of vodka was the only fix. Since I started this pill 2 years ago I haven't had a single period. No cramps! I still bloat near the end of my pack but not bad at all. No acne. Only negative side affect I think is slight unusual nausea but coming from awful endometriosis, it seriously doesn't even bug me. When I started it took a month for break through bleeding to stop. Body had to get used to it."

BComplex84 August 31, 2016

For Birth Control "I'm in my teens struggling with very oily acne prone skin since I was 10 so I was given this birth control as a last resort to clear my skin before my junior year. I am on the 4th pill of the third row of the pack (this is my first pack) and once I finish this pack it will be the last time I go on birth control. Definitely wasn't the wonder drug I expected. I was very nauseous the first two weeks when I would wake up in the morning. I'm glad it was during the summer because if it was during school I wouldn't have felt good enough to go. It most definite wasn't worth feeling like garbage. It cleared up cheek acne but caused painful breakouts along the jaw line and mouth. I did numerous things before to combat acne such as change my diet to plant based (vegan), use topical treatments, and drink the amount of water I needed daily so I assumed it was my hormones. My period was very regular which should've been a sign that I was balanced and didn't need this junk in my body. I knew exactly when it would come but now on my 3rd row of the pack I am spotting? This is an issue for me because I always had a regular period. I'm going to solve this the organic way. I've decided to ditch this poison. My message to everyone is that if you're going on this just for acne it's not worth it. Try taking out dairy or gluten first from your diet to see if that's causing you to break out. Acne killed my self esteem but I realized I must accept and love what I cannot change. Best wishes to everyone!"

Happy days once I get off this (taken for less than 1 month) August 31, 2016

For Birth Control "Worst Birth Control I've ever taken going on my second week. I have stayed very nauseated and done nothing but cry. Do Not Recommend!"

Glover92 August 30, 2016