User Reviews for Xulane

Learn more about Xulane.

Birth Control 207 reviews 300 medications

Summary of Xulane reviews 207 reviews 6.0

Reviews for Xulane

For Birth Control "I used xulane for 3 weeks. On day 4 using it, I passed out/fainted at work. I have also experienced nausea, cramps, mood swings and a headache that was so bad I threw up."

S..... September 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "This is my first time using birth control ever and the patch was my first choice because my step mama has it and she recommend that I use it cause she didn't want me to forget to take the pill ever day. So let me tell y'all the patch is good. Sometimes I used to have bad headache a lot when I got on the patch. My headaches got worse to the point I didn't want to open my eyes. I never had bad cramps I had them but they wasn't terrible, they were ok. When I started the patch my cramps got so bad I would cry myself to sleep I get back pains and a lot more than now when I'm cramping. I have mood swing all the time now I feel very weak sometimes and nauseous most of the time. I have no skin problems. The patch is ok sometimes I forget I'm wearing it."

Anonymous September 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Do not, I repeat, do not take this birth control. I read the bad reviews and figured it would not happen to me because I never have bad medical side effects. HOWEVER: I got sick to my stomach everytime I put on a patch to the point of throwing up. I lost 10 pounds in 3 weeks due to this. I got severe mood swings and A LOT of acne. Not worth it. I lasted 3 months and nothing changed."

Alliekaofjwncs September 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "The symptoms made me feel pregnant constantly vomiting always wanting to eat always nauseous couldn't really do much for a week and a few days. My breast became tender didn't want to be touched it made me feel horrible After a week and 2 days I took it off couldn't bare with it anymore"

KokoaKisses September 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I started the patch a month after having my daughter. I've been on it for about a year with no problems really. Occasionally it starts to peel off or irritates the skin but nothing crazy. I recommend it because it can be hard to remind yourself every day to take a pill. The patch is just a once a week reminder. The past month I've had issues with spotting and cramping like on my period which I've never experienced before while using Xulane. There can be some really scary reviews on here but everyone is different!! I would definitely recommend trying this type of BC to see what works for you."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Started Xulane a week ago. The day after I put the patch on I began having mood swings. I assumed it was because my period had just started. As the week went on I continued having crying spells and being snappy. By day 5 I noticed discomfort at the patch placement site. I also started feeling dizzy and was super irritable to the point it was affecting my job. Thankfully I didn't have to work day 6. I felt hung over most of the day with a migraine head, dizziness at times, still very irritable and pain starting from the application site and spreading across my low abdomen. As the day went on all of the symptoms intensified. The abdomen pain became so bad I couldn't take it anymore I took the patch off. Within hours I felt better."

CiCi23 August 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I feel okay about this BC method because I hate taking pills and the other methods I don't really like because of the fact we´d keep them inside our body (the ring, the umbrella, the one thats inside your arm). And then the shot causes thinning of the bones. But the negative thing is that it causes me to be super emotional, and get really bad mood swings. I SOMETIMES get bad migraines and nauseousness. I also feel sensitive to fumes and smells."

Marina2k17 August 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I want to start off by saying I haven't gotten pregnant so that's a major plus with this form of birth control. You tend to see a lot of negative reviews with Xulane as well as other birth control. You'll have to give it a try because that's the only way you'll be able to tell..When I turned 18 I was put on the Xulane patch and I loved it. After three months I switched to an IUD (Mirena) which was the worst thing ever (seriously I don't recommend it especially if you haven't been pregnant before). Since I had bad experiences with Mirena that lead to hospital trips I decided to go back to Xulane. I had a few headaches here and there that I barely noticed while I started it. My acne has gotten a little worse but not bad. Would recommend."

Leeann Korbelic August 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "If you can't remember to take a pill every day this is for you. I put it on my butt and you have to bend over when you place it on to make sure there are no wrinkles. Sometimes around the edges it gets dirty from wearing black pants/jeans. Not sure if low sex drive is attributed to the patch or not?? But that would be my only complaint. Way better than pill and the IUD proved to be super problematic for me so this is best."

MG94 August 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been on xulane for 3 months now and I love it. Before I started my periods were bad with headaches, cramping, and heavy flow, after the first month my periods dwindled and now I only need light pads, I rarely cramp and have maybe one headache. However I do get some redness and irritation on my skin, trouble with the patch adhering to my skin and also my eating habits have changed dramatically, sometimes I'll be starving and when I see what I'm about to eat I lose any urge to eat. I would recommend it but be sure you remain aware of your body."

Happyfroggy July 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Started/switched to the patch in Feb 2017 @ 229lbs after giving the nuva ring. Slight itching at patch site (buttocks), noticeable mood swings, and came off one time. Menstruation consistent, took patch off Sunday, the end of wk3 and by Wednesday menstrual period arrived. No spotting in between. I stared a weight loss program and lost 13lbs in one month (June 2017). On Monday of wk 3 I started spotting (20days post last period) and it was consisted at every use of the bathroom. Only panty liner needed. Called Gyn said its normal, weight loss triggers hormonal changes and to use the patch as usual. Wk 4 no period. new patch cycle. Skin itching insanely! Patch site swelled up as if i was branded. Wk 6 prego w/ #5! 200lbs less effective says label."

Weight loss = prego (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been using this since Tuesday. Tuesday I put it on & I noticed it started falling off easy so I put a new one & when I put them on I noticed I have a weird hurting feeling on my arms. I waited & I called planned parent hood they called me today & said it was ok to put another one on & I did on my pelvic & again this one seemed to not stick & I been having pain in my chest & pelvic area & I have a sore throat & stuffed up nose."

Mg1221 July 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "This was my first ever birth control method that I tried, I chose it because I wanted something that I could hide from my parents. I was on it for about 3-4 months and never had a problem with it besides maybe being a little moody. About a year ago, I went to see an OBGYN and got a new method, just to try my options. I chose the Nuva Ring, and it was the worst choice I have ever made! I got headaches about two hours after putting my first one in, as well as dizziness and nausea, but I told myself to push through and the side effects would subside. They didn't. I was standing in the middle of a huge, crowded store when I couldn't feel my legs and arms, and was told to go to the emergency room where I was told the Ring gave me Toxic Shock."

Sad I chose another method June 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Xulane was my first experience with birth control. I had been on the patch for a little over 3 months. I experienced many common (and rare) side effects. However, they either dissipated within a couple of weeks or became manageable. This last month though I began to heavily battle depression to the point where I was very anxious and having suicidal thoughts. I also used to have flawless, clear skin. Pimples began to cover my face even with a super diligent skincare routine. My depression did not seem to subside either. As soon as I got the ok from my doctor to take the patch off my skin began to rapidly bounce back along with my mental health. It's been a week since being off Xulane and it's such a relief to be rid of it!"

0072017 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "The patch worked fine until this week. Just recently the patch would start to come off my skin very early. My most recent patch came off 4 days early. What was under the patch is what I am warning you about. My skin was blistered with bubbles, and my skin was raised almost half an inch. It looked as if my skin had a chemical burn from the medication. I slept with some gauze on it and I cleaned it with peroxide. The next day the skin was an open wound and bright red like a burn. It is the most painful thing I've felt in a while. The worst part was being rushed to the ER due to a possible blood clot in the lung (horrible chest pains), had CT scans, blood drawn, and IVs placed all over my body. Before this, I had experienced constant fatigue"

EllRo9 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Within the first 2 months on the patch, I gain gained 10 lbs. I was also on the whole 30 during the time. Most of it is water weight. During month 3 iIlost 4 of the 10 lbs. I recently went off the patch. I was constantly dizzy, nauseas, and extremely tired. My mind felt like it was in a fog. I also end up with to ovarian cyst while on the product."

xulane user June 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Before I got on the patch I was on the birth control shot. The shot was horrible and it made me gain 20 lbs and I had horrible mood swings that almost cost me my relationship with my boyfriend as well as the extreme depression issues it gave me. Changing to the patch was the best discussion I could have ever made. I'm much more calm and back to my normal self. This product is the real deal."

Amazing saved my relationship (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Put this on yesterday at 12:00pm on the right side of my hips, and my right leg subsequently felt funny ever since - like it was heavy and cramping, but I had chalked it up to my anxiety disorder playing tricks on me. Then last night while changing my clothes I found a new bruise on that same leg that was giving me trouble. I called my prescriber and yanked the damn thing right off my skin. Leg still feels funny but I have no other symptoms other than that since; but I was very tired, getting cramps, and would get hot flashes on and off. Needless to say it's still a mystery with what's happening to me, but I've been scared off this BC for good."

LegWarrior June 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "This is my first go with birth control; I have been on the patch for 6 months and I am not that impressed. It has resolved some issues but also made some things worse. Before Xulane, I would get debilitating vomiting during my period but cramps were scarce. It was heavy and I would often get headaches. Now that I'm on Xulane, I haven't thrown up at all and headaches are scarce but cramps have been made so much worse. It's to the point where I wake up in the middle of the night because it hurts so bad and I can't just sleep it off. On top of that, I'm getting two periods - very heavy "spotting" a week before it's supposed to come and then another period the week I'm off the patch. I chose the patch because I have a hard time swallowing pills, but I think I'm going to have to reconsider this method and probably switch to pills."

Aeri (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been using xulane for about 2 to 3 months maybe longer I have not gotten pregnant though my boyfriend is fixed next went back into get checked so there is a slim chance. I used the nuva ring before I liked it to a point uncomfortable to me and my boyfriend so I switched to the patch at first it was fine then after a month or less of using it I noticed intense mood swings like bi polar mood swings wanting go off on people for stupid little things being straight up mean to my man and not caring then feel terrible after. I have no energy at all always tired I hate myself like this it's not me I'm going to stop this birth control I hate these bad mood swings"

Kayshipp May 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been on the patch for months now at first there was stomach pain and nausea which I still have some times but now there weight gain , I'm fatigue 24/7 and my menstrual cramps are 10000× worst then they were before."

Sunsoutbunsout (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I recently switched from birth control pills to the patch. I wanted to be on something that I didn't have to remember to take every day and because I have PCOS the patch was my next best option. I was a little weary of it because I looked up reviews and saw that many women got ill within the first couple of days of being on it. Luckily I haven't had that experience. I think that the main reason is because I went from a pill with very similar to the patch. I didn't give the patch a 10 rating because it can get a little itchy (it feels like you're wearing a bandaid) and sometimes it makes me nervous that it's going to fall off. Overall no side effects so far and I'm so glad that I'm not having to remember to take the pill every day."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been using xulane for the past three years. Within the last 3 months, I have been itching under the patch like crazy. I get these painful bumps underneath them and it keeps a fever while the patch is on it. I figured maybe it was a bad batch and go away. Then the patches started falling off way too easy. I got a hold of my pharmacist who treated me like I didn't know what I was doing and said that only the manufacturer can help me. Xulane I absolutely loved your patch until now. But I have to change to another product because whatever you did to the adhesive is tearing up my skin and is SOOO itchy you feel crazy."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I would not recommend this birth control to my worse enemy. I have had terrible headaches, arm and stomach pain, and nausea. I stopped the patch as soon as I started throwing up while driving in my car. I am thinking about going to the ER, it has been almost 2 hours and I still can not stop vomiting. This is the worse pain ever. I regret ever using this patch. It is worse than the pills."

Sick to my stomach (taken for less than 1 month) May 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Placing patch on butt instead of other areas may possibly help with nausea."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 21, 2017