User Reviews for Xulane

Birth Control 186 reviews 300 medications

6.2
Summary of Xulane reviews 186 reviews 6.2

Reviews for Xulane

For Birth Control "I recently switched from birth control pills to the patch. I wanted to be on something that I didn't have to remember to take every day and because I have PCOS the patch was my next best option. I was a little weary of it because I looked up reviews and saw that many women got ill within the first couple of days of being on it. Luckily I haven't had that experience. I think that the main reason is because I went from a pill with very similar to the patch. I didn't give the patch a 10 rating because it can get a little itchy (it feels like you're wearing a bandaid) and sometimes it makes me nervous that it's going to fall off. Overall no side effects so far and I'm so glad that I'm not having to remember to take the pill every day."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 24, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I have been using xulane for the past three years. Within the last 3 months, I have been itching under the patch like crazy. I get these painful bumps underneath them and it keeps a fever while the patch is on it. I figured maybe it was a bad batch and go away. Then the patches started falling off way too easy. I got a hold of my pharmacist who treated me like I didn't know what I was doing and said that only the manufacturer can help me. Xulane I absolutely loved your patch until now. But I have to change to another product because whatever you did to the adhesive is tearing up my skin and is SOOO itchy you feel crazy."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 23, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I would not recommend this birth control to my worse enemy. I have had terrible headaches, arm and stomach pain, and nausea. I stopped the patch as soon as I started throwing up while driving in my car. I am thinking about going to the ER, it has been almost 2 hours and I still can not stop vomiting. This is the worse pain ever. I regret ever using this patch. It is worse than the pills."

Sick to my stomach (taken for less than 1 month) May 22, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Placing patch on butt instead of other areas may possibly help with nausea."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 21, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "First birth control is been on so I had high expectations and they were completely crushed. I've never had headaches in my life but had constant terrible headaches on the patch and awful mood swings. Was constantly emotional and crying and just generally felt awful all around. Within the first 2 weeks I had already started rapidly gaining weight and it didn't slow down at all, within the short span I had taken the patch (3 months?) I went from maintaining around 110-113lbs to maintaining 123-125lbs and not being able to lose weight AT ALL!!! I was worried about weight gain, stuck to my pre bc regime and still gained the weight. Worst part is that even 8 months after I got off the medication I still haven't been able to lose the weight gained"

P!ssed off (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 17, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I was on xulane for over a year, when I first started the patch I felt nauseous and had a headache the first 3-5 days. Then after it stopped and I had NO side effects whatsoever. My period has always been 7 days so it didn't fix my long abnormal period but it did fix my acne and it did not effect my mood. Also, I never got pregnant !! This birth control was awesome I only had to change it once a week, the only con was where to place it, during the summer I had to hide it on my buttock and sometimes it would show when my bikini would rise up. and in the winter it was on my arm and sometimes I would forget and thats how my parents found out I was on birth control... also it comes off easily if you take daily baths or swim in the ocean."

itsmecristyyyy (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 15, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I have used this product for the past three years without issue until the last few weeks when the site where patch was applied became itchy. As time has gone by in few weeks time, the skin underneath gets extremely itchy. I removed it and the skin underneath was left raised, purple, and with peeling skin. It has been 2 weeks and my skin is still purple and the skin has not healed. I tried it on my back and yet again the same thing. I have a red square with leatherlike skin. I ad to call my obgyn and ask to be changed to another product. I can't walk around with damaged skin. Hoping that eventually the skin will heal. Horrible product!"

andee_1976 May 10, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "There are so many women who have trouble that I thought I would write a review. I have tried many birth control options over the years. and ALWAYS got very sick. I recently tried loestrein and was really sick. So my doctor gave me the patch. I had tried ortho eva. Years ago. And was very sick. Sick to my stomach. Couldn't keep anything down. I'm on my second patch. The first week I was moody and wanted to throw out the patch but it went away. I'm not sick like on the pill. Due to some health problems I think any hormones make me a little tired. So in the future I plan on something permanent but until then the patch is working. I'm not getting super sick. So if you are considering trying it. It's worth a try. Everyone is different."

KleynblumM April 25, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Recently diagnosed with PCOS so I decided to start BC only because my periods were non existent. I've been on the patch for a month. So far I love it, I am way more tired than before but that's about it."

Raie April 24, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I've been on Xulane for several months now and I hadn't had a problem until February, when the patch started to give me huge raised rashes, I tried it on multiple spots on my body, tried washing with different soaps, using different lotions, nothing worked. I feel like they must've switched the adhesive recently, because this problem happened out of the blue and wasn't isolated to one patch (I even got a new package, and still had the same issue occur). I'm really disappointed because I loved this birth control, but I suppose I'll just have to find something new when I have the time. It's really ruined all the skin I've put it on. The skin where the rashes appeared seems to have scarred."

KittyCatieCat April 7, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I've been on the Xulane patch for about a year and a half now.. Pros.. NO NEW BABIES!! Cons.. (based off my own experience) Migraines, moodiness, itchy skin, tiredness, Oh how I miss Ortho Evra!!"

Renee Jaxon April 7, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Last year, I had surgery for benign endometrial hyperplasia and a baseball-sized ovarian cyst. I was officially diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome when I was 19 and this is a common side effect. To prevent further problems, my doctor recommended hormone therapy but I haven't done well with any of the pills or the shot - too many bad side effects (sciatica, mood swings, etc). I was on Ortho-Evra in my early 20s and never noticed any problems so I decided to try it again. Unfortunately, though, it was discontinued in the USA and Xulane was its generic. I've been on it for 3 months and I've been miserable the whole time. I stopped today and now I feel like I have the flu."

MissLeopard83 March 29, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Have been on patch for over 16 years. First Ortho Evra; few years back Zulane generic brand. I had zero side effects, since the first use. I have tried the pill for a few months not good since I forget. The Ring that made me gain weight in a matter of 2 months so immediately got off that. Tried the pill again to get lower estrogen but again it is hard to remember to take it. So the patch it is for me. All bodies are unique, we all react differently. I am glad I was able to process this form of BC without any problems. I did try to get off BC for approx 6 months and my body didn't like it, I started to gain weight get bloated, so I attribute my weight control /hormone control to the patch!!"

QUHOU March 27, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Been on xulane 3 months starting today. The first month went great no side effects, noticed my boobs grew a bit. When the second month started it was going well until I applied the second patch, I had terrible headaches, nausea, extremely light headed, and the worst part extreme stomach pains . I had to remove the patch because of the pain. I almost went to the ER. I applied the third path of the month the following week and still had some symptoms but they only lasted 2/3 days. I applied the first patch of the third month this Monday that just passed and the extreme stomach pain returned along with vomiting & headaches. I've overall decided I'm going to stop xulane and hopefully find a birthcontrol that won't send me to the hospital."

sam0612 March 23, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Been on patch going on 2 months. I love it. Notice boobs are getting bigger and a little sensitive. I place the patch on my buttock and put waterproof band aids to prevent it from unsticking due to bathing. I also learned to attach new patch before removing old 1 it decrease the sick feeling. I take one a day vitamins to prevent feeling sleepy. So far so good."

Neat7 March 23, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I've been on Ortha Evra & Xulane for going on 6 years now. They switched to the off-brand a few years ago and I never noticed a difference. I haven't had any complications or bad side effects from it. The only thing I've noticed is if I quit taking it, my period quits coming. I just recently tried to stop in January, my period came that month. Skipped February completely, and passed my period date for this month. So I got back on it to hopefully regulate it out again. Not sure what to do if I wanna stop taking it and try to get pregnant again tho."

MandyMarieeee (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 14, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I've been on the patch for two years now and have had a pretty positive experience. I choose the patch because unlike the pill it was only once a week and didn't have many horrifying side effects like some other options out there. I place my patch on my stomach near my belly button area, per the instructions. I find that on my skin it stays put but removal can be a bit painful hence why I always remove it in the shower while using plenty of soap. My periods while in the patch are short and sweet and to the day. I usually have 2 days of light bleeding and two medium days to end my cycle. I did notice some weight gain, but nothing crazy and nothing I worried myself with. Just remember every body reacts differently to birth control!"

Danyell326 March 12, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I was using the birth control ring for 5+ years. In May, 2016 I switched to the Ortho Evra patch. I was given the Xulane birth control patch, the generic form of Ortho Evra. I've not had a single problem. . . UNTIL NOW! The first week of March I put a new patch on my lower abdomen. Within 6-8 hours I had a raised, burning, itchy rash under the patch. I'd never had this problem before no matter where I place the patch. I removed that patch and put a new patch on my upper shoulder. Within 5 hours another raised, itchy burning rash under the patch. I removed that patch. Now I have two square raised, red, burning, itchy rash spots!! Needless to say I have to stop Xulane. Not sure what to use now."

New Haven Gal March 12, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "This is my first time on xulane patch I been on it for 7 days now, boy I tell ya I been feeling really sick like flu symptoms and nausea.. I can say it sticks on very well you just can't be soaking for an hour in water I take showers it works best on my buttocks.. I don't know anything about the periods yet since it is my first week"

Lexxeffects March 9, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "This patch made me throw up three times the first night I put it on, my boobs are getting bigger and more sensitive, and this patch makes me feel tired all the time "

lanismith (taken for less than 1 month) March 3, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I have been on this almost 4 years, but I do not remember any side effects when I switched over from a pill. I have had acne since I was 12 but now I get maybe one pimple when I'm on my off week. I have not experienced weight gain that I attribute to the patch. My main complaint is my libido does not exist anymore and sometimes I get moody, but I feel like that is normal for women. I personally have had a great experience with it and am thankful that it has been free for me! The application area is itchy sometimes but it's not a huge inconvenience."

pug123456789 February 28, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I've been on the patch one month, a complete cycle. I started after my first ever miscarriage, so I was a little weary and nervous of how my periods were going to be since I have been bleeding off and on the past 2-3 months! Xulane works amazing for me!! My period is shorter and lighter but I still spot a few times which was expected. But I have literally had no other side effects! I forget it is there! I alternate putting it on each side of my back, above my pants line but below my bra line so no irritation. It has never fallen off, even with bathtubs I had no issues. I have seen a lot of negative comments but I truly think it is just how your body will handle it. The patch is amazing for me, but the pill makes me so sick. I recommend!!"

Ella222 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 15, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I have been on the patch for about 3 months now, I used to have severe headaches every day before starting Xulane. Now I rarely get them - only on my period. I also have not had any issues with the patch coming off, if anything it is hard to take off at the end of each week and actually quite painful! Also, the week before my period and during my period, I have intense mood swings and become extremely irritable and emotional. So, 2 weeks out of 4 in every month, I feel pretty terrible. I am considering stopping the patch completely, as it is becoming increasingly difficult to manage."

8493948483829291038589302 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 10, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Would not recommend. My doctor put me on the patch because I had a hard time remembering to take the pill to help control my reoccurring ovarian cysts. I am now in the hospital with severe blood clots from my belly button to just below my knee in my vein. My leg is swollen and I am in horrible pain after 9 days in the hospital, so far. I would recommend NOT using this patch!"

16 year old in NY February 8, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "At first, like most people say, the symptoms were terrible. Abdominal and back pain, slight nausea, mood swings, general foggy feeling in my brain. After a couple of days, the symptoms decreased and now all I experience is some mood instability the day I replace my patch. I've never had a problem with it falling off, though it does tend to get fuzzy around the edges from your clothes. It does kind of kill your sex drive at first, but I feel like I'm back to normal now. Hooray for regular periods and no babies!"

Laylaaa (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 8, 2017

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next

More about Xulane (ethinyl estradiol / norelgestromin)

Other brands: Ortho Evra