User Reviews for Xulane

Birth Control 148 reviews 292 medications

6.2
Summary of Xulane reviews 148 reviews 6.2

Reviews for Xulane

For Birth Control "I have been using Xulane for around 10 months. For the first seven months the birth control worked great! I noticed that I was much easier to get along with, periods were on a schedule, and my breasts appeared bigger! I didn't experience the weight gain or hardly any negative side effects. The most annoying thing was that the patch would sometimes fall off. Fast forward to three months, I am bloated all the time and experienced a weight gain of about 15 pounds. I literally cannot stop crying and tend to bust out in tears at even a sad thought. The worst part is the mood swings. I finally decided enough was enough and threw them away. I will be requesting the birth control pill next time I am at the doctor."

Amy9989 December 2, 2016

For Birth Control "I started using the patch around 2 months ago. I loved it at first. I needed the hormones because I have hypothyroidism and I needed more estrogen. I mainly took it because my health condition caused me to have acne all the time, 2 periods a month, & I started growing facial hair rapidly. I tried this and at first it was pretty cool, my hair stopped growing so fast, my periods were predictable, my acne was gone, and my small boobs grew. But all of a sudden after 2 weeks I started getting crazy mood swings and sad. I was snappy and had so much attitude. Then I started noticing that sleep was getting difficult. And I ended up gainingweight like crazy the last 3 weeks on it. itchy everywhere. Took it off today, & very nauseous. Not worth it."

I wanted to like this so much (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 30, 2016

For Birth Control "My first time taking birth control and I chose the patch. I was prescribed Xulane. I hate it. I already had a slight acne problem, it didn't improve it. It made my breasts tender all the time. I was spotting for a whole week, which was expected. The main issue from being on this patch, was my mood swings. I felt depressed, sad, I was crying for no reason, and then I would be happy again. My boyfriend hates it because of my mood swings. I've been on it for 3 months but not anymore."

Boujiegirl22 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 27, 2016

For Birth Control "Nightmare! I was on the xulane birth control patch for 2 full months. I have felt like a complete Zombie with no energy at all. I can feel depression, anxiety and mood swings getting worse. I'm starting to get headaches and nausea which I have never experienced before. The patch doesn't stick very well on the skin. I've gotten rashes and it's always itchy at the site. I'm giving up on birth control because the crippling mental side effects are not worth it. I'm going back to condoms forever. BEWARE the mental/emotional side effects sneak up on you over time."

AKRK November 22, 2016

For Birth Control "I did a review on Xulane 8 months ago. I was taking the Ortho Evra patch and had to switch to Xulane due to it being discontinued. When I did my review, I was on the patch for 1 month. The patch is still very convenient. Increase is sex drive, no vaginal dryness, and light periods - no cramping. I am starting to get headaches for the past month. Seeing its a side effect of this medication (never got them before ) hoping they go away. Other than that, no complaints."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 21, 2016

For Birth Control "Why am I experiencing pregnancy symptoms? And why can't I sleep anymore? Not lookin to good Xulane. I just started two weeks ago.."

Nat. (taken for less than 1 month) November 16, 2016

For Birth Control "The patch causes itchiness but after a while it goes away. I noticed my breast are more full and perkier which is nice but I did notice I am more emotional on the patch and a headache here and there. This patch works great other than that. I recommend this to someone who doesn't like using pills and to someone who prefers a much easier and simple method."

Someone who is satisfied November 13, 2016

For Birth Control "Been on Xulane patch a week and my vaginal dryness from the depot is completely gone! My libido has greatly increased too. Before, it would take everything in me to even want to have sex, but not anymore! The only off thing is that the past two nights after dinner I get very nauseated and have lots of indigestion and burping. My cravings for kit-Kats has also increased, which tells me that it really does mimic some pregnancy signs. I bled almost every day on the depot and now that I'm on the patch I feel great!"

CKLeoooo October 26, 2016

For Birth Control "Every since I've started on Xulane I have Not been able to sleep. Has anyone else experienced this side effect....I don't fall asleep until, like 3am"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 24, 2016

For Birth Control "I have been on Xulane for about 7 months now and I absolutely love it! At first, yes, it is horrible while the body is adjusting to it. There are constant headaches and what look like signs of early pregnancy, but after a while it works perfect! It's worth the beginning experience. I have noticed that my breasts grew rounder and fuller, no acne, no vaginal dryness, predictable periods, light periods, low cramping and best of all, no unplanned children!"

Lalalalalala213131 October 21, 2016

For Birth Control "This medication works great, my cycle has never been regular but on this I can pinpoint the day I start and end my cycle. I do get headaches the first day I put on my new patch so i just take Advil as a preventive and that seems to do the job.. most of the time. This does help control acne as well, and have not experienced any weight gain and I have used it for over a year and a half. The patch site can itch but my skin seemed to get used to it after a month or so. I use it on my lower back above my pant line and switch sides weekly. This seems to be the best spot, except when I get asked what it is. lol! I was on the Depo shot for a year and absolutely hated it, and can't remember to take a pill daily so this is a GREAT alternative."

JessicaMT October 20, 2016

For Birth Control "The only negative thing I can say about the patch is that my period for the first two months lasted a little longer than usual but other than that I've had normal periods. I've noticed that I'm a lot curvier now and my boobs seem to be a little perkier. I love this patch! I prefer it over the nuva-ring or the pill."

Layla J (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 19, 2016

For Birth Control "I have been on Xulane for over a year now and so far so good. I have found it easier to cry and during my period i'm in pain with backaches (basically my whole body hurting). I had the nexplanon for 7 months before Xulane and it was horrible. I didn't have pain or cramps before trying BC. With nexplanon I had horrible never ending spotting/bleeding for 6 months and mood swings,mostly anger, i wasn't in control of myself so this was a great change."

Crashbox BlackOut (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 5, 2016

For Birth Control "Y'all missed the whole point of this question! It was about that rashes. I use the xulane patch too my first time on bc and yes it does leaves rashes and itch the only thing I can think of now is to not put it in the same spot as last time. I just wonder if the rash is ever going to go away"

Rose2414 September 28, 2016

For Birth Control "I started the patch on Friday and by saturday night I had started crying uncontrollably for no reason at all. This has not stopped and today I'm missing school because of that and the gnarly cramps I'm also experiencing. I plan on calling my doctor today to see if I should try something different or wait and see if everything levels out."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 26, 2016

For Birth Control "I switched from Nuva Ring which made my vaginal very dry, irritated non stop light bleeding. I also developed gross acne. 2 hours after I put this patch on I stopped bleeding. My acne is clearing up and my vaginal stays very very wet. I am noticing it's easier for me to cry and I'm sleepy most days, but my sexual arousal has been spiked and hasn't dulled my ability to orgasm like my previous birth controls did. Overall I'm happy. I'm hoping the sky high estrogen content doesn't cause harm. I need the estrogen though."

Lana90 (taken for less than 1 month) September 23, 2016

For Birth Control "I love it honestly it's just that my skin is really irritated for the first couple of days. No matter where I put it I'm constantly scratching. It really is better than birth control pills because I only have to worry about it once a week. It's a myth about the whole use a patch on your patch free week if you don't want to get your period. I still ended up getting my period the next week so it's not like you won't get your period at all. I must admit that it did shorten my period and I don't really get cramps anymore. I still get acne during that time of month but I've always been like that so I don't blame the patch. Overall it's great I've been using it for over a year."

Iesha.Balaam. (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 17, 2016

For Birth Control "This is the first review I've ever wrote in life. I say that to say, this is how horrible Xulane is, so bad that I had to write a review about it. I started the patch 3 weeks ago. I was very excited because I didn't have to take pills, which means you have to remember to take them everyday. With the patch you just have to wear/change them once a week. First week of using the patch I notice a difference in my body. I was very nauseous, migraines was almost everyday, and loss of appetite. Second week, I was very very emotional, I would cry for no reason along with being very moody. I'm literally nauseous everyday now, I have vomit a few times. Long story short, I have pregnant symptoms. STAY AWAY FROM THE PATCH!! It's horrible!"

Cria September 15, 2016

For Birth Control "So I've been on xulane for about four months. I'm overall satisfied with this birth control. It's never fallen off I had no increase in weight and my breasts were a lot perkier and rounder. My periods didn't change. The only thing I noticed was I seemed to lose weight in my butt and thigh area. I'm not sure if this is due to this medication. I've always had a round butt and gained my weight there but since using xulane I've lost that curve Has anyone else experienced this?"

Still Undecided September 15, 2016

For Birth Control "I love this birth control. I got no acne on this and it made my boobs grow a full cup size no lie the only thing I didn't like was I kept getting scared that it would fall off but what i do is when i switch it i put the new one on where the old one was so its extra sticky (don't do this if your skin gets irritated or red) but yeah I'm switching back cause i miss it and no pill i've tried made my skin as clear as xulane does lol!"

Lilleytomo (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 4, 2016

For Birth Control "I was very apprehensive with the patch because of the mixed reviews but I am overall happy with it. The first 3 weeks the patch itched SO badly I almost said "screw it" and switched methods but I'm glad I didn't. I no longer itch. The patch adhesive is okay. One fell off a few days early but I just let my cycle start then. I believe my periods have became much lighter."

kansas94 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 26, 2016

For Birth Control "I was only on the patch for a month. I thought it would be a miracle because I began to struggle to remember to take a daily pill. I came to this website, read reviews, decided I'd still try it. Wish I hadnt. I had insane mood swings and did not feel like myself at all. I was extremely emotional, unreasonable. I felt angry and depressed all of the time. I'd been on the pill for 8 years with no problem, except remember to take it due to a schedule change. The patch was a different story. I completed my 3 weeks of patch, 1 week for bleeding and promptly got back on the pill. My concern now is, I'm almost a week later starting and I'm normally like clock work. I've never been late in my life. Apparently this is common after the patch."

Kruzta August 26, 2016

For Birth Control "Xulane patch worked well for me, cleared up my acne very quickly, but fell off very easily. Also seemed to increase my appetite, so it's important to exercise when you're on the patch. I started using the patch because I felt it would be easier then taking a pill everyday, but patch can be a slight nuisance. The best to put it would probably be on your butt. Overall I thought it was great if it could just stick on properly."

caitlynhi August 24, 2016

For Birth Control "Been on it for 10 months. Had mood swings and on and off bleeding the first month, but after that it worked great ( i did do the quick start method) i usually keep it on my shoulders and i hardly remember its there once i've applied it. only once had it peel, and my pharmacist simply gave me a new box (he explained that he told the manufacturer it had malfunctioned and they will send a replacement) i switch patches on friday, and my period always starts monday. it ends by friday when i apply the next patch. period is now light and pretty much cramp free, i barely notice. as far as birth control, my boyfriend and i very rarely use condoms anymore and i have had no issues with pregnancy."

kksayshey (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 23, 2016

For Birth Control "I haven't had any harsh side effect but I can't get a single patch to adhere to my skin for longer than two days! That's the on benefit I loved with Ortho Evra. I just stuck it to my butt cheek and went about my life for a week. There have been times in the last 5 months that I haven't even noticed the fell off untill my period started early. I'm currently switching to the Nuva Ring. Let's hope it stays put - it should."

Haley M (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 23, 2016