User Reviews for Xulane

Birth Control 174 reviews 296 medications

6.2
Summary of Xulane reviews 174 reviews 6.2

Reviews for Xulane

For Birth Control "Have been on patch for over 16 years. First Ortho Evra; few years back Zulane generic brand. I had zero side effects, since the first use. I have tried the pill for a few months not good since I forget. The Ring that made me gain weight in a matter of 2 months so immediately got off that. Tried the pill again to get lower estrogen but again it is hard to remember to take it. So the patch it is for me. All bodies are unique, we all react differently. I am glad I was able to process this form of BC without any problems. I did try to get off BC for approx 6 months and my body didn't like it, I started to gain weight get bloated, so I attribute my weight control /hormone control to the patch!!"

QUHOU March 27, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Been on xulane 3 months starting today. The first month went great no side effects, noticed my boobs grew a bit. When the second month started it was going well until I applied the second patch, I had terrible headaches, nausea, extremely light headed, and the worst part extreme stomach pains . I had to remove the patch because of the pain. I almost went to the ER. I applied the third path of the month the following week and still had some symptoms but they only lasted 2/3 days. I applied the first patch of the third month this Monday that just passed and the extreme stomach pain returned along with vomiting & headaches. I've overall decided I'm going to stop xulane and hopefully find a birthcontrol that won't send me to the hospital."

sam0612 March 23, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Been on patch going on 2 months. I love it. Notice boobs are getting bigger and a little sensitive. I place the patch on my buttock and put waterproof band aids to prevent it from unsticking due to bathing. I also learned to attach new patch before removing old 1 it decrease the sick feeling. I take one a day vitamins to prevent feeling sleepy. So far so good."

Neat7 March 23, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I've been on Ortha Evra & Xulane for going on 6 years now. They switched to the off-brand a few years ago and I never noticed a difference. I haven't had any complications or bad side effects from it. The only thing I've noticed is if I quit taking it, my period quits coming. I just recently tried to stop in January, my period came that month. Skipped February completely, and passed my period date for this month. So I got back on it to hopefully regulate it out again. Not sure what to do if I wanna stop taking it and try to get pregnant again tho."

MandyMarieeee (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 14, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I've been on the patch for two years now and have had a pretty positive experience. I choose the patch because unlike the pill it was only once a week and didn't have many horrifying side effects like some other options out there. I place my patch on my stomach near my belly button area, per the instructions. I find that on my skin it stays put but removal can be a bit painful hence why I always remove it in the shower while using plenty of soap. My periods while in the patch are short and sweet and to the day. I usually have 2 days of light bleeding and two medium days to end my cycle. I did notice some weight gain, but nothing crazy and nothing I worried myself with. Just remember every body reacts differently to birth control!"

Danyell326 March 12, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I was using the birth control ring for 5+ years. In May, 2016 I switched to the Ortho Evra patch. I was given the Xulane birth control patch, the generic form of Ortho Evra. I've not had a single problem. . . UNTIL NOW! The first week of March I put a new patch on my lower abdomen. Within 6-8 hours I had a raised, burning, itchy rash under the patch. I'd never had this problem before no matter where I place the patch. I removed that patch and put a new patch on my upper shoulder. Within 5 hours another raised, itchy burning rash under the patch. I removed that patch. Now I have two square raised, red, burning, itchy rash spots!! Needless to say I have to stop Xulane. Not sure what to use now."

New Haven Gal March 12, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "This is my first time on xulane patch I been on it for 7 days now, boy I tell ya I been feeling really sick like flu symptoms and nausea.. I can say it sticks on very well you just can't be soaking for an hour in water I take showers it works best on my buttocks.. I don't know anything about the periods yet since it is my first week"

Lexxeffects March 9, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "This patch made me throw up three times the first night I put it on, my boobs are getting bigger and more sensitive, and this patch makes me feel tired all the time "

lanismith (taken for less than 1 month) March 3, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I have been on this almost 4 years, but I do not remember any side effects when I switched over from a pill. I have had acne since I was 12 but now I get maybe one pimple when I'm on my off week. I have not experienced weight gain that I attribute to the patch. My main complaint is my libido does not exist anymore and sometimes I get moody, but I feel like that is normal for women. I personally have had a great experience with it and am thankful that it has been free for me! The application area is itchy sometimes but it's not a huge inconvenience."

pug123456789 February 28, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I've been on the patch one month, a complete cycle. I started after my first ever miscarriage, so I was a little weary and nervous of how my periods were going to be since I have been bleeding off and on the past 2-3 months! Xulane works amazing for me!! My period is shorter and lighter but I still spot a few times which was expected. But I have literally had no other side effects! I forget it is there! I alternate putting it on each side of my back, above my pants line but below my bra line so no irritation. It has never fallen off, even with bathtubs I had no issues. I have seen a lot of negative comments but I truly think it is just how your body will handle it. The patch is amazing for me, but the pill makes me so sick. I recommend!!"

Ella222 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 15, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I have been on the patch for about 3 months now, I used to have severe headaches every day before starting Xulane. Now I rarely get them - only on my period. I also have not had any issues with the patch coming off, if anything it is hard to take off at the end of each week and actually quite painful! Also, the week before my period and during my period, I have intense mood swings and become extremely irritable and emotional. So, 2 weeks out of 4 in every month, I feel pretty terrible. I am considering stopping the patch completely, as it is becoming increasingly difficult to manage."

8493948483829291038589302 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 10, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Would not recommend. My doctor put me on the patch because I had a hard time remembering to take the pill to help control my reoccurring ovarian cysts. I am now in the hospital with severe blood clots from my belly button to just below my knee in my vein. My leg is swollen and I am in horrible pain after 9 days in the hospital, so far. I would recommend NOT using this patch!"

16 year old in NY February 8, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "At first, like most people say, the symptoms were terrible. Abdominal and back pain, slight nausea, mood swings, general foggy feeling in my brain. After a couple of days, the symptoms decreased and now all I experience is some mood instability the day I replace my patch. I've never had a problem with it falling off, though it does tend to get fuzzy around the edges from your clothes. It does kind of kill your sex drive at first, but I feel like I'm back to normal now. Hooray for regular periods and no babies!"

Laylaaa (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 8, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I could even last two days with the Xulane. I had the Evra patch years ago and liked it so I thought I'd give this patch a try. Literally after have it on for a couple of hours I got a migraine and then woke up to medium-severe cramps that lasted all day along with the headaches and then nausea. I literally felt sick to my stomach. After taking it off I was able to feel a little better, no more major cramps but still feel sick. Hoping this goes away soon. I'm absolutely done with BC. Rather be celibate. Oh and I forgot to mention I literally gained 3/4lbs within 2 damn days"

22Fustrated February 7, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "This is the third time I am submitting a review for Xulane. I was approaching 1 year using this patch, but discontinued it this past Friday. Over the past 6 months, I have had high blood pressure readings (extremely high). The only change I have made over the past year is switching from Ortho Evra to Xulane. My Doctor thinks this is causing my high blood pressure. Not only that, but I have been having headaches, which I never had prior to taking this patch. Not sure if anyone else has had an increase in blood pressure, since they started this patch? I hoped I was not the only one. Anyone else?"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 6, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I absolutely love it now. I've been on the patch approximately 4 months. The first couple months I experienced emotions going haywire, minor headaches and one period that I thought I was going to die or just felt like dying because it was horrifically pain. I also experience frequent episodes of indigestion. I honestly think your body has to adjust to the hormones because the previous two months the side effects are gone! I haven't experienced an acne blemish which was common to occur during my period. My periods have lightened shortened and pain free. I've had one incident with patch falling off the day before replacing it. Oh and no kids! Overall I give it a two thumbs up!"

DEMLARX January 27, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I used the brand name Ortho Evra for years!! Loved it! no problems ever! Now I am forced to use this Xulane patch, and it is just NOT the same. 1. My period starts while Im on the third patch every month. Ortho, it was 5 days exactly after removing. 2. Taking a bath it comes off! Then its not as sticky. Never ever had an ortho patch come off. 3. I have 2 week long periods now. I used to have only 5 day periods. I just don't like this generic patch whatsoever!!!!"

wefflet84 January 27, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I've been on this almost 3 months and the only cons are cost and when I change it each week my emotions are off for a day or 2. You have to place in an area where your pants or bra doesn't rub so it can stay on right. My appetite has definitely increased but I'm not a big girl and I can control that. Love the convenience. The best placement for me is my butt cheek. I used to pay for this but found a clinic that covers it at no cost."

Monica D. (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 16, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I have been on the Xulane patch for 3 months now. During the first month, I did experience some pregnancy side effects (AM nausea, food/smell sensitivity, painful breasts) especially on my patch change day. I believe it is normal as your body is getting used to the amount of hormones you are receiving. When it came time for my 4th week (off week) I did have a severe migraine that lasted up until I began my period, 2-3 days after removing the patch. It was so debilitating that I did consider discontinuing the patch. However, things returned to normal with my period and I did notice a lighter period that lasted only 3 days."

Part 1 of 2 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 11, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Have been taking Xulane for about 8 months, it's been great. Spotting during the first two months, tired with some increase in appetite until my body adjusted. I do notice mild headaches during days (1-2 times per week). Of course, breasts are swollen, which isn't a terrible side effect. I've had no nausea, no weight gain, and my mood seems more balanced. I have a history of depression, and have not had any issues outside of baseline while using Xulane. I have fewer PMS symptoms- less depressed, less irritable, don't want to run people over then cry because I'm a horrible person for thinking that :/ It's been very effective."

Liz348 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 11, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I got pregnant while on this damn Xulane patch. Not effective for me at all.."

Mimir23 January 3, 2017

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I started the patch 2 days ago. I thought it was fine and everything. My doctor didn't tell me the side effects of tell me I would have any at all. Past 2 days I haven't had any other symptoms but this past moring I woke up and I couldn't handle it. I tried to stay asleep but I felt like I had to throw up. I got up and ran to the bathroom and puked for a good 10 minutes. Now I know why I had so many headaches. Glad I quit before it got worse tho. I don't like it and I wouldn't recommend it."

migrob222 (taken for less than 1 month) December 28, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "My first time starting any kind of birth control (just to regulate my period, not really as a contraceptive) and I could only last half way through my third week, the increase in anxiety, depression along with the pregnancy like symptoms were debilitating. I just took my patch off today because I couldn't take it anymore. I have terrible gastrointestinal problems, feel sore and tender, dizzy, have headaches and the worst part is the nausea. It's been gradually increasing since I started and has finally gotten to the point where I can't leave my bed. My first patch fell off after three days so I put a new one on my thigh instead of my side and that made it not come off anymore but the mix of mood swings and painful symptoms are too much."

Hayley n December 21, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I started the Xulane patch two months ago. I have to say that it has been a great experience so far. I myself read through these reviews before starting the patch and I was terrified of the experience I would have. I have not gained any weight. I have not had migraines or even mild headaches. The patch does not itch nor does it leave a rash or any type of bump. It does leave a residue on the outer ring from where it catches your clothing and collects fuzz. I have not experienced any nausea. It has been smooth sailing. My period is drastically lighter and I don't get ill or experience extreme cramps. I have to say I'm a huge fan of the patch. It has even increased my sex drive, because I feel so comfortable now that I have it."

Hones-T (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 14, 2016

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Occasionally got a rash but nothing time or some hydrocortisone couldnt fix. Loved the convenience. Didn't love the few times it fell off and had to reapply or tape it back on. Overall, works great for my very busy lifestyle. Grad student, mom of 2."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 14, 2016

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next

More about Xulane (ethinyl estradiol / norelgestromin)

Other brands: Ortho Evra