User Reviews for Xulane

Birth Control
5.9

Summary of Xulane reviews 5.9 276 reviews

Reviews for Xulane

For Birth Control "I’ve been on it for 2 years. It doesn’t really bother me too much but the patch does come off often. It helps make my period lighter and no weight gain. Thinking about switching due to it coming off too often."

Gee August 14, 2018

For Birth Control "I was on this patch in my twenties and went on it again after my second child was born. I have been back on it for 2 months. I suffer from migraines in general but being on this makes them last so much longer especially around the time I’m due for my period. I also have anxiety and this is also so much worse. I have also put on 5 pounds. I am feeling extremely depressed and I’m probably taking the patch off and switching."

Cancun August 10, 2018

For Birth Control "Some reviews said that it comes off in the water but I have not had this happen. You have to make sure there is no lotion or soap residue on the area before you put it on. Also, I always wipe the area clean with running alcohol before I apply to ensure a tight hold. And if I place it in my pelvic area I shave first, wipe with alcohol and press firmly. I go swimming all the time for hours at a time and it has never fallen off. I've had no side affects especially with my sex drive or vaginal lubrication. No headaches or nausea for me. I feel absolutely normal even with having hypothyroidism, which impacts different hormones, I don't feel any side affects. I always recommend this to my friends. It's much easier then remembering to take a pill and safer for me then an IUD. I say everyone should try it for themselves rather then be scared off my other people's bad experiences."

J.P.H.K (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 8, 2018

For Birth Control "I started Xulane about a year ago and while it did it’s job for the birth control aspect of it, it made me suffer in my relationship as I NEVER wanted to have sex. My libido was shot and my bodies natural lubrication system was gone. The thought of sex to me was appalling which is a complete 180 of what I was like. If I wasn’t in a relationship then I guess that would be okay but I am and we suffered because of that. I have been off Xulane for 2 weeks and feel so much better. It caused me to have constant mood swings and just never feel “right” I am switching back to the pill as it has less hormones and hopefully things will get better from here on out. I gave it a decent rating as it does prevent pregnancy (if you ever want to have sex lol)"

MC (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 6, 2018

For Birth Control "I started on Xulane 2 weeks ago. I placed the initial patch on a Wednesday. First thing I noticed was itchiness around the site of placement. Just a mild irritation that eventually went away. Also, the 2nd thing I’ve noticed is breast tenderness and swelling. I am on my second week and my breasts are VERY sore to touch. They feel heavy and swollen. I’ve also had some itching on or around my breast. I’ve had some mild nausea as well. I like the convenience of only replacing it once a week. I went to the beach with mine on my lower abdomen. It stayed in place. I noticed it was coming up a bit when I got home, but it’s still on and flat as of right now. I was in the water a little over two hours. So, I think it held up pretty good. I have about 2 days until I change it again. I place it in a different spot every time like the instruction say to do. We’ll see how I feel when it’s cycle time. I haven’t noticed any mood swings as of present."

Joykam4eva August 5, 2018

For Birth Control "This birth control sucked for me. First of all if you think about going swimming or anything just say forget the patch, it comes off. Then while I had been on this patch for almost a month I get very nausea and start gagging. It makes me have hot flashes and makes me very un easy."

Cookie (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 18, 2018

For Birth Control "I started using Xulane patches because I have such heavy & long periods & I never really liked the pill. The first two months were terrible I was bleeding so heavily & was cramping so bad. Eventually the bleeding stopped & my period came which was super light but still bad cramps. Now I’m back to spotting with stomach cramps & I've been on Xulane since May so I’m hoping my body adjusts soon. Haven’t gotten pregnant either but Im not having sex so lol. Besides the side effects I’ve never had problems with the application process & it never falls off as long as I place around my butt area. I would recommend to give it a try out though despite all the negative reviews."

Anon (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 17, 2018

For Birth Control "I used depo shot before I changed to the patch due to the significant change in my sex drive. On depo shot I had no sex drive entirely. Then, the good side about the patch is that it's super convenient, and it got my sex drive back! However, I completely lost my appetite, and my mood swing was crazy. Also, as someone who had some depression history (even it was just minor), this patch got my depression back, which was horrifying! I was not able to sleep well, and feeling constantly sad, empty and under a lot of self hate. That's just not me! And it's been bothering my daily life and my work really really bad. Today I took the patch off and switched to the Nuva Ring as the doctor said the ring has less hormone. I hope Nuva Ring would make my depression stop..."

R (taken for less than 1 month) July 13, 2018

For Birth Control "So I've been on this patch for about a 3 1/2 weeks and I took it off to have my period a couple of days ago and I've had nothing but horrible anxiety. My body is so shaky and I thought it might just be my normal anxiety but this is the only change in my daily schedule so it's definitely the patch messing with me. And I really like it too but I cannot deal with how I feel. Any other recommendations would be wonderful."

Kat (taken for less than 1 month) July 8, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve been on the patch for 6 months. The birth control part is fine but I am having problems with it sticking. Some times they don’t stick and just peel off so I have to use another one and then I’m short a patch. They should make it where every third box has an extra. And since I’m having problems with my insurance I’m paying 120$ every month for my patches which is ridiculous. I just spent 120$ and one patch didn’t stick so today I have to get a whole new box just for one more patch to replace the one that wasn’t sticking. The price is stupid on these and the stickiness isn't the best but besides that I don’t have any issues."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 8, 2018

For Birth Control "I recently went on birth control for the first time. My partner and I chose the Xulane patch for convenience. Being over 35 I was concerned about blood clots, but was told to "see what happens" after trying it. Thankfully I never encountered blood clots but I do wake up with headaches that sometimes last for two days, I have this weird vaginal odor, not fishy but just a weird smell and I've had problems with my throat. I still have my tonsils and so I get strep at the drop of a hat, but I've had it twice since starting the patch two months ago. Currently I don't have strep but I have nasty pus pockets on my tonsils. When reading other reviews I read that throat infections is a side effect of xulane. Xulane is convenient and a good form of birth control, but for me it's not worth the side effects that come from using it."

Teddybearlover (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 1, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve been on the patch for a year and I love it. It is so easy to remember but recently my patch fell off and I couldn’t get it to stick back on. My normal patch changing days are Wednesday but it fell off on a Friday so I put a new one on Friday and that was about a month ago I’ve been bleeding ever since. I just took my 3rd patch off for my real period week so hopefully after this my body regulates again."

Melissa (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 30, 2018

For Birth Control "I have been on the patch a little over 2 yrs. I loved it. But as more time kept on passing by, I notice that every time before my period I would get extreme headaches. I thought it was just ]to my hormones. But then on one check up the doctor said my blood pressure was high. She didn't do anything. She just said that if I didn't feel good to go to the ER"

Smiley June 13, 2018

For Birth Control "Been on Xulane for 6 months now and the only side effects were when I first used it and got a little nauseous. Made my periods so much lighter and overall has hardly changed me. I gained some weight but I don’t think it was related. 100% recommend."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 25, 2018

For Birth Control "I switched from 5 years of using the pill to the patch due to a need in increased estrogen. Everything was going well. Except they say the patch will stay on with sweat, and most of the time it does, but also it rolled right off three hours after I worked out one time. I did not have any sex while on this medication. And the day before my period I got a mind splitting migraine, so now I'm exploring different options because I could not function, but it is easier to just stick a patch on once a week"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 24, 2018

For Birth Control "I'm on month one of Xulane, my last patch of the month. I love this method cause its so easy. BUT let me tell you, I get the craziest mood swings and my emotions are all over the place. There are days where I'm randomly sad over the silliest things or just don't want to deal with people, PMS but times ten! I get nausea here and there too, not too often but when i do it really sucks. My breasts are extemely tender, sometimes I'll wake up in the morning to my boobs feeling so heavy and sensitive. Also my appetite...I eat a lot! Now for my periods, I haven't gotten it but most of the time I feel like I'm on it, I'll get minor cramps or get bloated and fatigued. I will probably get off the patch which is unfortunate cause of how easy it is but its just not for me. I have every negative symptom."

Kenny May 23, 2018

For Birth Control "No side effects. Sex drive still there, so far pretty good. I’ve only been on it for a month so I’ll seen how it works in a couple of months."

Liz (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 14, 2018

For Birth Control "Gave me high blood pressure and migraines after having been on it for about 2 years. Got off of it took about two months for my BP to regulate it finally did. Doc said it was due to the high amount of estrogen in it."

Horrible! (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 8, 2018

For Birth Control "This is the worst thing I have done to my body. I have been on this patch for a year. The first few months I didn't notice any major side effects except for the itching. Then I start noticing that I was very irritated and anxious for no reason. Again didn't suspect that it was due to the patch. Now a year into it, I realised it s all due to this stupid patch. I had never been like this. The mood swings and irritation got so severe that I was becoming a completely different person. Constantly tired and depressed. Stay away from this patch. I DO Not recommend it."

Emy (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 6, 2018

For Birth Control "So I was originally on sprintec for 4 months last year and I hated it because of low libido and I felt like it was increasing my chances of getting yeast infection. I would get them every month. So I was scared to try the pill again. However once I became sexually active, I wanted to take all precaution so I decided to try the patch and I’ve been on it for 2 weeks going on 3 and it’s been pretty great. I would say I have a huge headache the first day but that could also be that I stupidly took plan B the same day. So a lot hormones was coursing through my body. I barely have any side effects. Sometimes I wonder if the patch is actually working because I don’t have any side effects. My sex drive seems to still be there which is great. My only thing is that, I’m noticing that I have more vaginal discharge. But other than that it’s great. Give it a try, you’ll never know."

Jane (taken for less than 1 month) April 29, 2018

For Birth Control "I had the implant in my arm last year but I started to have long periods (7-10 days) and redness and tenderness at the implant site. I had it removed and started xulane in November 2017. I began to have very long periods that progressively became worse each month. To the point that as of Feb 12 I haven’t stopped bleeding. I also had extreme nausea and vomiting. I just had my doc put me on the pill 14 days ago. I’m still bleeding. This sucks..."

Bloody mess (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 25, 2018

For Birth Control "I’m currently recovering from a life threatening illness this product chose not to share with us. The patch and the ring are more likely to give even the healthiest, youngest of women BLOOD CLOTS. Nobody warned me about this. I had just been released from the hospital lucky to be alive and being told less than 24 hours later I would have passed away BECAUSE OF MY BIRTH CONTROL. I have blood clots within my entire left leg and blood clots within my lungs. I feel lies told by not only this company but by my doctors as well because nobody warned me how likely I’m able to get a clot from THIS specific birth control. Take this garbage off the market and stop claiming lives. Do your research, you’ll see the damage this specific product as well as other birth controls have done."

Rebecca (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 24, 2018

For Birth Control "This is the worst patch ever! I’ve been on it for 2 weeks and I have these bad rashes on my skin where the patch was located. It itches sooooo bad!!! It doesn’t stick well! The words come off the patch once you touch it! I didn’t have these problems with my other brand!!!"

Dee (taken for less than 1 month) April 21, 2018

For Birth Control "I use to take Ortho Evra when I was younger and was completely fine on it. I thought I would have a similar experience on Xulane. I ended up with severe mood swings, depression, and anxiety, to the point of crying everyday for weeks. I had low libido, was tired all the time, my vision became blurry, I lost my appetite, I had severe headaches, and loss of balance. I’d wake up in the middle of the night from sweating so much. I tried to let my body get use to the high amount of hormones in this product but I couldn’t take it anymore. I didn’t feel like myself and it was affecting my marriage. I am now making an appointment with my doctor to see what other options are out there. I’m happy this drug has worked for some of you ladies but I would be careful if it starts affecting your mental health like it did mine. I feel relieved not being on it anymore."

Juli (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 17, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve had a pretty good experience with Xulane. I’ve been using it about two years. The big thing I would say is that this pill has more estrogen in it than oral contraception which I believe is what causes the enhanced side effects. My patch day is Sunday and I do notice that on Sunday and Monday I tend to have headaches and nausea. My breasts hurt more all month so that can be irritating, but I have not had any weight gain and my moods are relatively even. It works as far as not getting pregnant as long as you use it correctly every time. I’m very paranoid about birth control so I change it at the same time every week and do a quick check through out the day to make sure it is still there. If used correctly, it’s just as effective as the pill and more so for me because I was notorious for missing days while on the pill. My periods come on time every month. I would say if you’re someone who has a hard time taking a pill every day, it’s worth a shot!"

Shelby April 16, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next

More about Xulane (ethinyl estradiol / norelgestromin)

Other brands: Ortho Evra