User Reviews for Altavera

Learn more about Altavera.

Birth Control 6 reviews 281 medications

6.2
Summary of Altavera reviews 6 reviews 6.2

Reviews for Altavera

For Birth Control "This pill has given me so much acne. My mood and emotions are pretty stable but my acne is unbearable."

Anonymous August 3, 2016

For Birth Control "I've taken this drug for a month now and I love it. I had an abortion before I starred this drug and this lessened my bleeding. My skin is fine, it never was unclear. My weight is actually going down but I'm open to that changing later. No vomiting, headaches, random nausea, or mood swings. My sex drive has been the same, through the roof. Only thing that I've noticed is my sensitivity to salty foods. I've always gotten sodium headaches if I've eaten to much salt through out the day but now it's a bit more sensitive to alot of chips, too much gravy, and popeyes chicken. Either than that... I LOVE IT!"

RubbieRue June 17, 2016

For Birth Control "I am a healthy 27 year old female and have been on Altavera as a birth control method for the past 2 years. In the first 2 months I had some issues of stomach upset and increased emotional fluctuations, but after 2 months of usage, my hormone levels evened out and I have not had any side effects since. Also, sometimes when I schedule my period around vacation or an important event, it has been very easy to quicken my period (take only 2 weeks of pink before white). However, when I tried to skip my period (skip the white sugar pills and go to a new pack) I did have some spotting in the 5th week on the pink pills. I have not experienced any weight gain, headaches, increased cramps, nor acne in the 2 years I have been on Altavera."

Helen C. (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 21, 2016

For Birth Control "#1 it gave me acne. #2 I GAINED so much weight in such a short period of time #3 it made me beyond emotional, I hated everyone/everything, I wouldn't smile & I was on the verge of thinking I am bi polar at times. If your doctor EVER! prescribes this to you.... RUN! Long story short.. I HAD A TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE."

AY0STEPH (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 30, 2015

For Birth Control "I just switched to Altavera after trying other pills for the past year and suffering from weird side effects from each. I will say that for me, this has by far been the best one and I wanted to write a review because I've seen so many bad reviews about this pill. I previously tried Ortho-Tri-Cyclen Lo, Yaz, and Lo Loestrine FE. I believe I have symptoms of PMDD so I wanted a pill that will help with that. This is the end of my first month but so far I have had no breakthrough bleeding at all, my face is slowly clearing up, and my hormones are much more even (no more sobbing over little things). My period was on time and normal for what I was experiencing prior to birth control. I did notice headaches but so far so good! Hopefully this helps."

Roxy86 December 21, 2013

For Birth Control "I've taken birth control since I was 15, I am now 24. I used to get horrible migraine headaches around my menstrual cycle so I was put on continuous birth control. This has really made a huge difference for me! Instead of having a monthly period, I have a period 4x a year, every 3 months. I do believe birth control has been a contributing factor to my weight gain however. I don't have any crazy cramps or horrific mood swings. Currently I am taking Altavera."

Schlee July 23, 2013

More about Altavera (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel)

Professional resources