User Reviews for Amethia

Learn more about Amethia.

Birth Control 8 reviews 292 medications

6.1
Summary of Amethia reviews 8 reviews 6.1

Reviews for Amethia

For Birth Control "I have endometriosis and was put on Camrese so I could have less periods and hopefully lessen the severity of cramps and pain. The 1st 6 months were rough, with spotting almost every other week and a 2 week long period Weeks 8-9 but once I started the 3rd pack, symptoms resided and improved. However, in January, insurance decided to switch me from Camrese to Amethia. I have since gained 20 pounds and am very moody. My acne has stayed fairly clear though and cramps and pain are still managed better than they were with one-month BC pills."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 5, 2016

For Birth Control "I've recently switched from Trinessa (taken for 18 years) to Amethia (taken for 6 months). I discontinued Amethia mostly due to mood change & weight gain. Pros: Effective in preventing pregnancy, normal periods lasted 4-5 days once every 3 months. Cons: Severe moodiness and impatience in first 1 1/2 months which turned to moderate depression for remaining months and overall general unhappiness. Increased appetite which led to increase weight gain in the belly (5-7 lbs in 6 months). Extreme bloating in belly area in the 2nd & 3rd month in each cycle. Mild monthly cramping during times when period normally comes. Bone & muscle pain - mostly in knees & legs & teeth. Cost of medication was high (based on my insurance coverage)"

Justawoman August 22, 2016

For Birth Control "This birth control was the best thing for me because I'd bleed for a month straight before the pill. This was difficult since I play sports . Now I only get my period once every three months . My period comes right when it should (on the sugar pill). The only bad effects I've had is weight gain, bloating, and increase in appetite. I've read many reviews and weight gain is an issue but if you workout regularly you should see decrease in bloating"

Cass0897 July 27, 2016

For Birth Control "I started with microgestin seven months ago to help with periods. They were heavy and incredibly uncomfortable and the microgestin just wasn't working for me, and I'd been on it for six months. Then I switched to amethia and things were weird for a little due to the hormonal changes, but after a month, everything leveled out. I haven't gained any weight, my skin is still relatively clear. The only thing I've noticed is that my breasts are very itchy. I then noticed that I was having frequent allergic reactions to *something*, so my doctor reccomended I stop taking this for two weeks. Turns out I was just allergic to my body wash, but the breast itching went away, but has since started up again. I've been back on amethia for two weeks now"

Kswizzle July 11, 2016

For Birth Control "I'm halfway through week nine on this medication and have no complaints at all. I've had absolutely no spotting or cramping. I had bad hormonal acne before starting this pill (I was not on any birth control prior to taking Amethia) but now I rarely break out except for a few stress related pimples in the past couple of weeks. I haven't had a period on this yet, but so far my body has taken to this medication very well. No weight gain or mood changes either that I have noticed!"

Allied1234 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 10, 2016

For Birth Control "My gyno prescribed this pill to help with my menstrual cramps. My gyno warned that spotting was the most common side effect of this pill. The first four weeks there was nothing, all was well other than a little nausea while adjusting to the new pill. I started week 5, the first week in the second container and instantly started spotting. At first it was nothing serious, nothing a panty liner couldn't handle. About a week goes by and the bleeding became much heavier. I'm now going through 3-4 tampons a day. Called the DR and he said it's just my body getting used to it and to stick it out for the rest of the 3 month pack and after that my body should be adjusted. Wish me luck, the cramps & bleeding are worse now than before."

Mirowo (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 17, 2016

For Birth Control "I decided to switch to this from Reclipsen (Apri) because I liked the idea of only four periods a year. Big mistake. This birth control made me break out like I never have before. I also gained about 25 pounds while on this. Being a young woman, those are the two biggest things I look for in a birth control pill, besides effectiveness obviously. The chemical difference between the two pills obviously did not agree with my body, and I switched back to Reclipsen after about 6 months. I will be sticking to Reclipsen for a long time."

JayceeAmara (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 10, 2015

For Birth Control "I am new to birth control. I first took it when I was 19 and turn 20 shortly after. My first three months were hell. My nausea was terrible that I could not eat anything, engage in sexual activities without the urge of vomiting and be dizzy. My period was very off. My body was almost on a whole month of just my menstrual cycle. It was nasty. HOWEVER, I decided to stay on it because those side effects are normal. On my second pack (4-6 months) my ACNE CLEARED UP!!! Since I had gone through puberty at 11,and had acne since then and now my skin is like a baby again. My period is officially 2 weeks long (I begin spotting and gradually have a heavier flow). I have gained about 17 pounds but I think that's because I stopped exercising rigorously since graduating high school."

Chico Lover May 12, 2015

More about Amethia (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel)

Professional resources