User Reviews for Amethyst

Birth Control 4.8

Reviews for Amethyst

Smallcitygal87 · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 7, 2020

For Birth Control: “I tried taking this for birth control for about a month and had light brown discharge/bleeding. I got discouraged and stopped taking it. I restarted taking it and am on my third pack now, I have a little acne and bleeding that’s about every other week, really lightly mostly. I feel good, no mood swings, and not bloated or gassy. I am super optimistic and think it’s starting to adjust now. My breast did hurt for the first two packs pretty bad, but now their very minimally sore, and about 2 sizes bigger, lol! I suggest sticking to it, give it a shot! It takes up to 6 months to adjust to these pills girls, we know that. Don’t be discouraged!”

Bruinsgal08 · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 4, 2020

For Birth Control: “I started taking amethyst at the beginning of March. 27 days of the pill no spotting take my pill consistently every day same time I’m 44 years old been on birth control pills for 23 years now I’ve been bleeding for 37 days straight I don’t recommend this pill it’s not doing what it supposed to very unhappy”

Nobuninthisoven · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 7, 2020

For Birth Control: “I was taking Lutera which made me feel so depressed and no sex drive, I switched to Amethyst and I feel great! I've been taking for about 1-2 months I had VERY tender breasts and bad acne for the first month but no spotting or bleeding and no real changes in my mood. By the 2nd month the acne has cleared up and the tender breasts has gone away, the only problem I'm having now is bloating and gassy; (it doesn't matter what I eat) could be crackers or just a salad and I am immediately bloated and gassy. I eat well I don't eat a lot of junk food.”

HeavyFlow · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 25, 2019

For Birth Control: “I took Amethyst birth control pill after I finished my period. Everything was fine for like a month, I started spotting and basically still getting my period every month (it was very light) but my doctor said it was normal since it takes 3 months for my body to adjust. I waited for around 4 months, then got my period again and bled 9 weeks! I take birth control to get a break from my heavy flow. I can’t imagine what it would be like using it for actual birth control, you wouldn’t even be able to have sex.”

A.B. · Taken for 1 to 2 years November 4, 2019

For Birth Control: “Horrible. I've been on Amethyst for nearly a year, and have been bleeding unpredictably, and frequently. Essentially I've had to wear pads for the past 365 days because I don't know when I'll start bleeding, and I don't know if it will be a little or a lot. For the first two or three months I only bled for a few days, but it gradually increased to five or six, then eight, ten and so on. I have to switch to something else because this is affecting me so much.”

JodyJo · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 28, 2019

For Birth Control: “I have been taking Amethyst birth control since August and I have been bleeding since the 3rd week of taking it. It started off the first two days as just a little spotting, but on the 3rd day I felt like I was having my regular period- heavy and lots of large clots. I have been bleeding ever since, and it has ranged from light bleeding to heavy and painful. But I have not stopped. I will not be continuing after this pack is finished. I will say, that if you have PCOS this might be a good pill for you. I had minor problems with hirsutism and there has been a very noticeable reduction in the appearance/growth of the hair on my chin. It has improved a lot. That's literally the only positive thing about this pill. I don't recommend for any other condition.”

SherriP · Taken for 1 to 2 years October 22, 2019

For Birth Control: “Just like every birth control (BC) pill, this one is not right for everyone. My experience has been mostly positive and that's lucky for me. I have taken BC since I was 19 in various forms. I have not noticed changes in my physical shape over the years since it has been a part of my life for a long time. I switched from a monthly BC period to amethyst because not having a period would fit my lifestyle. Oddly, I had no spotting until 5 months in. I have occasionally had almost a very light period at times the first year, mostly during times of high stress. Now in my second year, I very rarely have spotting. I'm very happy and will continue with amethyst. The secret is to really stick to one time a day, especially with the lower hormone dose. Water is recommended, maybe even some food. The other secret is that this BC is just not right for every body and finding the right fit takes trial and error. I am lucky that I found something good for me.”

Kittie · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 18, 2019

For Birth Control: “I been taking Amethyst birth control pill since August of this year I had spotting for a month now, no cramping, but I am a little moody from it. I heard it takes awhile for your body to adjust from it. I haven’t had cramps or nausea which I like about this . My period before used to make me so sick ”

Alex · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 21, 2019

For Birth Control: “This is horrible!! I’m bleeding like if I have my period. I gained weight, my boobs are like 2 size bigger and hurt a lot. On top of that, craaazy mood changes... I’m so disappointed about this pills, I wish I would have read these comments before starting taking it, I would have never done it”

NoPMSbs August 2, 2019

For Birth Control: “I was on Amethyst for 2 years and I LOVED it. I spotted my first 2 months and then had no periods, my skin cleared up and I LOST weight! My breast grew two bra sizes and I definitely did NOT lose my sex drive! I wish this worked for everyone as well as it worked for me!”

S July 11, 2019

For Birth Control: “On Amethyst birth control I spotted kinda a lot for the first 3 months, I have been on it for about 6 months now. I still some spotting but very minimal, hardly noticeable and only for a few days, sometimes before it would be over a week but not more than 2. I haven't had any other physical symptoms though, and no noticeable mental health changes (wasn't perfect before but if anything has slightly improved because previously my periods caused bad mood swings and self loathing). Honestly, I've had some positive physical changes- my butt and boobs have gotten bigger but I haven't really gained any weight in my stomach or elsewhere and my metabolism seems about the same so far.”

Whit · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 14, 2019

For Birth Control: “I was in between drs and was prescribed this. It was horrible. My boobs hurt so bad and I have been cramping like I'll have an period but I don't bleed. I was so anxious and moody and sad for no reason. I switched to sprintec with a .35mg estrogen in hopes my body will calm down.”

Maddyleigh · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 26, 2018

For Birth Control: “You do have to give your body a lot of time to get used to this one. I bled for a few months straight, as it worked in my body, now I don’t have a period at all, and no spotting! Any birth control is going to mess with your hormones and cause bleeding the first few months. They warn you before taking it!!! They tell you to expect bleeding for the first SIX months. You can also read it on the paper they give you with the pill pack. I know everybody’s body will not react the same, but it takes almost a year for your body to be regulated with a new birth control.”

Over it mom July 6, 2017

For Birth Control: “I'm 36 and never used birth control I am no longer wanting to have children and hate having a period so I tried amethyst in hopes of never having to deal with it. After 1 month and 15 days of bleeding I'm throwing it away. If this is " better" than bleeding heavily for 3 days then I don't want it. Will not be continuing on any birth control. Will just have to let nature take its toll. Not what I had hoped for at all.”

Sarah1111 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 16, 2017

For Birth Control: “I took this medication hoping it would stop my periods as it claims. It's supposed to be a generic of Lybrel. I took it for 8 months, never stopped my period. In fact, I had spotting and bleeding everyday. I also became emotional and moody.”

Tka1997 · Taken for less than 1 month January 10, 2016

For Birth Control: “This pill is great in theory... Unless you take it on the first day of your period like instructed! Week 3 of this pill, and week 3 of my period. I'm pretty disappointed. And the mood swings I've been experiencing are ridiculous! Bright side, I haven't had any cramping. That's the only good thing I have to say about this pill right now.”

More about Amethyst (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel)

Other brands: Alesse, Seasonique, Aviane, Lessina, ... +24 more