User Reviews for Quasense

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Quasense.

Endometriosis
6.5

Birth Control
5.7

Ovarian Cysts

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding

Summary of Quasense reviews 5.0 44 reviews

Reviews for Quasense

For Birth Control "sooo, I started these pill back in January and I've gained over 20 pounds and here lately I've been spotting , breast been super sore and headaches are terrible.. I need a different pill cause the weight gain is absolutely terrible!!!"

1aGM7 April 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I was originally in love with this prescription birth control. I had terrible periods and ovarian cysts. My doctor suggested I have a pill that allows my period to only occur every 3 months, which I loved. It was until recently that I noticed that over the last 6 months, I've gained 20 lbs!!! Going into spring 20 lbs heavier is crazy. I also experienced abdominal pain and menstration pain. I love the space between periods and but I don't love the weight. I will be switching back."

Breezay March 25, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "If I missed my dosing time by an hour I spotted. Miss a day? Full blown period. It prevents pregnancy because you are always bleeding. No thank you"

Kscowgirl (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 15, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been on this for 6 months. The first 3 months I was bleeding heavily and had very painful cramps (also, I had a cyst on my ovary that had ruptured). I absolutely hated it but my Dr. "assured" me that it will take 3-4 months for my body to get used to the birth control and I took her word for it. My next set was amazing! I didn't bleed until my sugar pills but that leads me off to today. I was supposed to be off Thursday and it's Sunday. I am still bleeding heavy and I definitely do not want to bleed again for 3 months. Terrible experience, read reviews before getting on any birth control!"

GabrielleLauren February 26, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I have been taking this medicine for almost 3 months now and during this last month of the pills I have been spotting/light bleeding for a month. I took other pills before and it did not happen. I will be stopping this when I am done with this pack."

Chgdhsjkakaka January 7, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "This has been the worst birth control pill I've ever been on. I've gained around 10lbs just in 3 weeks of taking this medication. I've had a period for 7 days when I should of been off at least 2 days ago. I've been having mood swings and depression!!! Do not take this pill"

cbrittd December 31, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I've been on Quasense for 7 weeks and 5 days and as of today I have been bleeding for 7 WEEKS STRAIGHT! I started my "period" 3 days after taking my first pill and I haven't stopped bleeding since. The first 3-4 weeks were constant heavy bleeding and then it begin to taper off(actually giving me hope). Weeks 4-6 were pretty light, brown blood here and there(but still consistent daily) throughout the day and I was even more hopeful. Week 6 the bleeding began to become heavy again.....Now here it is week 7 and I'm bleeding like I would be on my normal period! I'm OVER IT! This is STUPID!"

Belle38309 October 28, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Well, where to start. The only pro I would say that there is with this medicine is the fact I don't get my period. I have been on this for 6 years now. Funny enough I have been SEVERELY AND CLINICALLY DEPRESSED for 6 years. I never feel happy. For whatever reason I never thought that my birth control could be causing it. I have struggled with my weight for 6 years, staying at a steady 145-150 being 4'11. I also have severe back acne which I have had for the last 6 years. I never put the pieces together because I have been on it for so long. I just got diagnosed for extreme pathologic hypersomnia, and I have had the symptoms for exactly 6 years now, it has ruined my life, all I have wanted to do for the last 6 years is sleep. Do not recomm"

Jayla383y October 25, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been on Quasense for about a year and a half and I love it! I had breakthrough bleeding during my first pack (the first 3 months) but have not had bleeding since. My body just needed to get used to the change in hormones and not having my period every month. I did gain a little weight but that could be unrelated. Big Fan!"

yaknowme (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 25, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been taking quasense tablets since April 2016....mostly started because of terrible cramping from my period...it does prevent pregnancy but the side effects are horrible....I lost 30 pounds prior to starting this pills only to gain 22 pounds of it back in less than 4 months....I have absolutely no sex drive....and the stomach pains are so horrible that at 30 years of age I asked my doctor to perform a colonoscopy/endo to be sure nothing major was going on with me....I understand that everybody is not the same however....I would not recommend these pills to anyone!!!!"

Nettie504 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 6, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Absolutely terrible. I never had chest or back acne, now I'm covered. I had excess discharge and bled every day (not enough for period but more than spotting). I ended up with weird bumps all over my arms. My breasts swelled up and had sharp, shooting pains. After losing 20 pounds 3 years ago, I've gained 15 of it back in 2.5 months without any change in diet. My depression has been higher than it has been in a long time. I have no sex drive; how can I when I'm bleeding every day at unpredictable times? I wish I would've read these reviews before taking this medication. Do NOT take Quasense."

ehchum (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 26, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I was on this for the whole 3 months and let me tell you I was an emotional mess. SO NASTY to all my loved ones for no good reason. I'd get mad and cry over the absolute dumbest things. but, this is my body and that is how I reacted to this birth control. I'm moving on to The Patch now, it has some good reviews and we will see how it works out. I gave this atleast 5 stars because I didn't get pregnant lol"

Br33zybaby (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 5, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Was on it for 3 years. Mostly used to help treat PMS, cramps and headache. While those never really went away just delayed 3 months were less severe, until recently. Lately been having horrible cramps about a week before, and some mild spotting. Did not have my hormone headache and cramps were tolerable with one month bc. Recently talked to OBGYN , she thinks this is my bodies way of telling me should have my period once a month, so back to the one month packs."

Bumble bee3 May 17, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Absolutely horrible.....put both my girls on it for heavy periods.....by week nine both had sores developed on the bartholin gland area. My 16 year old lasted a week and my 19 year olds were worst. Took her to the Dr. tested negative for any infection and to rule out herpes they tested her for that too....which the nurse called with only the infection results and assumed it was herpes and subscribed Valtrex for 10 days and told us to read information on herpes for next outbreak.....of which they didn't even receive any results for yet......unbelievable! So...all in all this is by far the worst experience I've ever encounter with any birth control pill. I SAY STAY AWAY FROM IT.......AND ITS NOT NORMAL TO NOT HAVE A PERIOD FOR THREE MONTH"

SMOTHER1995 May 6, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "The side effects I experienced were unusual spotting and weight gain"

ElizaStan (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 10, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I took quasense for about 3 years and the first two years I loved it. I have tried at least 4 birth controls (oral contraceptive form) and this one was the first to finally work for me. However, within the past year I have had some awful things happening to me and my obgyn thinks it is due to the estrogen in the pill. I had a weight gain of 7 pounds within a week & a half. During this time I was exercising & barely eating to try and get back down to my normal weight. However I only continued to gain weight. I have had so much hair loss this year & now have 4 distinct bald spots. Crazy mood swings, I've had my period for 2 months straight now, & I'm extremely tired. Today I had the IUD "skyla" inserted so I hope everything improves soon :("

Nicolef96 (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 31, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I was put on Quasense to help with abnormal vaginal bleeding. I was on it for less than 2 months when I suffered a near fatal pulmonary embolism (blood clot in the lungs). I am young and healthy and a non smoker... it was caused by the estrogen in the pill. Please know that although birth control is wonderful and it is commonly prescribed, it DOES come with risks. You never think it will happen to you. I am using my very scary and traumatic experience to raise awareness. If you have any symptoms of a blood clot seek emergency medical assistance immediately: Chest pain Shortness of breath Cough Anxiety Fainting Rapid heart beat Swelling or warmth in your leg or arm 900000 people will have one this year. Stoptheclot.org"

beachgirlstarfish March 22, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been on this pill for about 3 years and recently started experiencing some spotting in between periods, even sometimes during sexual activity. I went to the doctor and she said this is normal and my body could now be rejecting it. She had me stop taking Quasense and put me on a one month pill. I eventually switched back to Quasense two months later and haven't had any more issues until recently. This month, my period was 1-2 days but I've been cramping like crazy and not bleeding. That's why I'm here on this thread reading about others experiences. Hope this helps"

Justcuriousddt February 21, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "So I have been on the birth control for a month. The first 4 days I was so insanely nauseous. It would just hit at random times and be horrible. I've been having my period the entire time I've been taking it but just like a pantie liner a day is what I use. I haven't lost any sex drive. If anything it's increased! The medication overall seems great in writing but I have one concerning thing.. I'm having CRAZY mood swings. I cried the past couple nights for no reason at all and I just get super sad randomly. Or I'll just be super happy and then the next moment sad. I feel like I'm becoming depressed. But I'm just going to wait it out and hope it gets better."

Benny button February 6, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I was prescribed this medication to slow down the rate of growth for my large fibriods and to reduce cramping. Here is how it has been thus far. Weeks 1-3: Very normal. no bleeding, no mood swings, no weight gain etc. Weeks 4-5: very small old blood spotting. One panty liner a day is all I needed. Weeks 6: mix of old blood and fresh blood. no cramps. Weeks 7-8: Heavy flow with very intense cramps. This is where I am currently at and I am not sure if I want to continue this medication. My cramps are more intense than when I was not on the medication. Not to mention, I've been bleeding fresh blood for three weeks straight. I want to stick it out in order to give a full analysis of this medication, but I am not sure it is worth it."

dipsets January 6, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I took Quasense as prescribed for less than 2 months. I had a life threatening Pulmonary Embolism. Almost all tests are complete and all specialists say it is caused by the birth control. Please be careful if you are taking hormonal birth control, please ask your Doctor to do a clot risk assessment on you and KNOW THE SYMPTOMS of DVT/PE. I went to the ER with chest pain, cough and shortness of breath. I was told if I had not gone I would be dead. Just be careful. Estrogen can increase your risk of blood clots. Know the risks, know the symptoms."

Starfish81 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 9, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been on this birth control for a month today. I was already having heavy bleeding prior to my Dr prescribing this birth control. The next day I started the pill I stopped bleeding for a whole wk then the second week I began to spot. Followed my the third week my period started to be heavy all over again with quarter size blood clots. I contacted my Dr he said that my body is still trying to get used to the pill give it some time. This week again I called the Dr back because the bleeding seems to be getting worst and the cramps are on a level of 20 he said again just keep taking them and as the new month is approaching a change can occur if not contact him again. I sure hope this pill works fast & stop the bleeding."

stylishqueen September 27, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Endometriosis "I have been using quasense since 2011 due to heavy periods my Urogynecologist thought it would be a good idea to switch to this birth control. I have noticed after a year I stopped getting periods despite taking that week off each month, but I was told this is normal. I am happy not to have really painful periods & don't have any complaints."

RReib87 July 25, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I have been on this birth control for a little over a year now. I originally started because my periods were so painful I would pass out and overall it was irregular. The first week I was nauseas and really really sick. I have also lost ALL sex drive and my boyfriend thinks I'm not attracted to him anymore. My skin became really sensitive so ever time I'm exposed to the sun for long amounts of time I will develop a rash. It also took my body some getting use to; lots of spotting the first fue months. Overall, I think this drug does it job, but the side effects are just too much for me."

Side effects magnet July 9, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've used this for 2 years and have had no problems whatsoever. I previously had an arm implant and experienced spotting and weight gain that wouldn't stop. After taking Quasense I've lost weight, no spotting, light & short periods. I use retin a for acne so my skin has been unaffected. I'm not sure about water retention because I believe that has a lot to do with diet and I'm athletic so I stay hydrated on a daily basis. I experienced no nausea, headaches, psychological side effects. And most importantly, no pregnancy."

Yvo (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 27, 2015