User Reviews for Portia

6.5
Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 1 reviews 169 medications

Summary of Portia reviews 60 reviews 4.8

Reviews for Portia

For Birth Control "I have been on 3 different types of birth control since I was 15, I am now 21 and I wanted to be able to skip my periods so my doctor put me on Marlissa and then they discontinued so I got switched to Portia.. I was only on Portia for just a month and I hated it!! I wa every moody and felt sad.. I was hungry and it made me very very bloated.. I was getting bad migraines as well. The worst was when I got my period.. it started off not normal than what it usually is for me and it was the worst cramps I have EVER experienced! I suggest to try a different birth control like Tri-sprintec or Tri-Linyah (which I am now on)"

Nikki27 October 12, 2016

For Birth Control "I used to be incapacitated during my period due to cramps and id never remember when the blood would start. This almost eliminated my cramps, lightened the flow and shortened my period. As a plus, the pill packaging makes it super easy to remember when to break out the pads. I dont think I saw any side effects but that might be because I already had headaches and nausea."

No cramps mcgee (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 26, 2016

For Birth Control "Haven't gotten pregnant so it's working. I have migraines but this pill doesn't give me headaches. Short and lighter periods. Great medicine although my boobs are more sensitive"

Jen1995 May 22, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on Portia for about a month now my period is extremely heavy although that's normal for me. I noticed that it makes me very tired which I really dislike because I'm a very active person. I'm constantly nauseous and I mean constantly. I'm into fitness and I gained 6 freaking pounds. I get headaches more than usual as well. I know these are normal side effects but I am really not liking this birth control so far. I used Lavora until they discontinued it and put me on Portia I never had problems with it like Portia."

My ovaries ache May 20, 2016

For Birth Control "I have tried taking many different brands of birth control for last 4 years. When I first started birth control pills, I got really fat. So I changed by brand. Next one caused me bleeding as soon as I took it. So I quit that one also and I gave up on birth control thinking its not for me. Early this year, after a year of staying away from contraceptive, I wanted to give it a try again. My doctor prescribed me Portia once I reminded her of my whole ordeal with birth control over the years. She told me, lets give this one a try and see what happens. If not then I would have to go to IUD. Thank god for Portia, I did not have to go to IUD. Portia is subtle and come without any side effects for me."

Mishty May 9, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been using Portia since 2011. I absolutely love it! Short and light periods and no cramps!"

NicoleRenee25 April 28, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on this pill for about 2 years now. It really helped straighten out my irregular periods and the heaviness of my flow. However, I didn't get cramps much before I started the pill and now I get them and they are horrible. Sometimes I even feel like my legs are going numb. And I get these horrible headaches everyday, they worsen when I don't take my pill right on time, even a few minutes late and they only get worse on the week I take the sugar pills. I didn't have any issues until about a year and a half after starting this pill."

So-so April 14, 2016

For Birth Control "I'm on day 2 of Portia-28 pack, started my period Saturday and my gynecologist told me to start the pill on Sunday, I couldn't get to pharmacy so I started on Monday. Since day 1 I have noticed a change in my period already it immediately lightened it up, usually my periods are heavy the first 2-3 days. I am also sporting a Kotex super plus or super, now I don't need a tampon and when I took my regular tampon out after it being in all day the blood was brown. I also have noticed my sex drive has spiked and so far no nasty side effects such as nausea or breast tenderness. I am sure as much as it has already shortened my period I won't be spotting throughout the month. I hope it stays this great for me for as long as I take it :)"

Beth1985 February 23, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on it for over a year & it does work against pregnancy but gives me overwhelming nausea every single day & doesn't go away it also fixed my period but gave me cramps"

Hazel lexi February 17, 2016

For Birth Control "Awesome. Super short periods, no acne, no cramping. Been on for years. Highly recommend"

Victoriaaax (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 21, 2016

For Birth Control "Taking Portia landed me in the hospital. After taking it for 4 months, I began having horrible head aches and sensitivity to light. A few days later I went to the Doctors, after a CT, MRI, and a MRV they found a major blood clot in my brain. Two days later I was admitted into the hospital with blindness in my left eye resulting in having to have a spinal tap to take the fluid off of my brain. For the next year I will be on a blood thinner and a brain swelling medication. DO NOT TAKE PORTIA!!!"

taylorharris99 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 21, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on Portia for a couple of months and it's the worse. I have terrible headaches , I'm always sleepy & lazy , always nauseous. It does help my period a lot though but it always makes me like I'm pregnant or something. I'm always hot at night as well."

brownkinbaeb (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 31, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been taking Portia now for 8 months and it is doing me very well. I first started taking birth control because I would go months on months without a period (7months the longest). Since taking Portia, my acne has gotten so much better, in the first 3 months I lost 20 lbs, there has been no negative effect for me."

Anonymous December 29, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been on this birth control for years, with no side effects. No cramps. No weight gain. No sore breasts. No bleeding through. I haven't gotten pregnant and my acne has gone away. I highly recommend"

Mimi19731994 November 23, 2015

For Birth Control "I've only been on this birth control for about a month and I already don't like it. I've been spotting for about 2 weeks now, I get head aches, vivid nightmares, gained weight, terrible mood swings. The list goes on... The reason why I switched birth controls was because my last one (the depo shot) was giving me extremely bad head aches and cramps. Also I bled for 3 whole months while being on it. I just want to find a birth control that fits me and doesn't give me all of these symptoms."

Angel224 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 16, 2015

For Birth Control "I went from Mylan to Portia. Ever since I switched I've been getting massive headaches, horrible cramping/bloating when on my cycles and just overall been feeling terrible for the past 2 months of taking it. Still works but not the type of pill for me."

findyourwings October 21, 2015

For Birth Control "I switched over to Portia because my previous birth control was making me highly emotional. Portia was able to fix that. I felt like myself again and I wasn't crying over every little thing. However, the side effects I'm facing are not worth it to me. The first one is that my cramping from my period is extreme. The main reason I got on birth control was to minimize the pain from my period. With Portia, I'm back to spending a week with a heating pad on my stomach and just hoping for the week would go quicker. The second side effect is the nightmares. I would get them every night the second week of the series. They are awful. I would wake up sobbing. These are just my experiences though."

ErinK (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 29, 2015

For Birth Control "I switched to portia after being on levora (I had no side effects with it) for three years. My first period was extremely heavy but no cramps. I'm on my second period and I feel like I've gained 10 pounds from bloating. I look like I'm 3 months pregnant. I've been very irritable and had cramps and headaches during these few days. I hate this birth control. It's effective but its not worth severe, uncomfortable bloating and weight gain."

Rha432 July 26, 2015

For Birth Control "Pretty sure this medication has been making me gain weight. Also my periods take 2 weeks, that's half my life! So I take the pink pills straight with no period because I can't do that. I will have to go back to seasonique."

Meghan2009 June 4, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been on Portia (the generic version) for about 6 months now. At the beginning everything was fine because this was a step up from my normal estrogen levels that my old birth control had. But after 6 months I've seen great increase in weight gain and I'm eating more healthy than I ever was and I exercise daily. I'm so frustrated with this birth control and almost stopped taking it all together, but I'm happy to say I'm changing back to my old one and hope this weight gain goes down. I'll never recommend Portia to anyone."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 13, 2015

"I had high hopes for this pill... I had tried Alesse and it had made no difference to my very heavy periods, so I changed to Portia. The good side was that I didn't have any mood issues (which I seemed to have with Alesse) but the down side was it didn't help at all with my problem. My periods got heavier, lasting 10 days, with 3-4 days each time when I'd have to get up every 2hrs through the night. I also got really bad cramps and pain, and huge clots. Not pleasant. I did take it for 3 months straight when I had some events on, and had no problems, no spotting or anything. Shame it didn't do anything else to help! Have now switched to Minestrin, we'll see how that goes..."

Medea81 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 1, 2015

For Birth Control "I started this birth control about a month ago and immediately felt side effects. The first two weeks I noticed my appetite was completely gone and my stomach always felt slightly bloated. Then suddenly I started my period and the first four days were very light bleeding, but I had terrible cramping/back aches/nausea like I have never experienced before during menstruation. Now I'm on day 9 of this never ending period and I've had a consistent stomach ache/cramping to accompany it. I HATE this birth control. I know that you're supposed to give yourself time to adjust to these things, but I don't want to keep putting something in my body that can make me feel this sick."

KirstenB1995 April 29, 2015

For Birth Control "The first month on this BC was brutal. I had all the side effects except irregular bleeding and my hair falling out. After the first month all of my symptoms subsided. Remember that everyone's body will react differently. Occasionally I have breast tenderness during the third week of the active pills right before my period. My periods have became so light. The only disadvantage for me is that my periods have not became shorter. But all in all, my experience has been good."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 13, 2015

For Birth Control "I just finished a month of this pill and so far it has worked really great. At first I was very unsure and skeptical since it was my first time on birth control. I mainly took this due to my bad cramps and heavy period. The first week was a little tough for me since I had minor feelings of nausea in the morning and threw up 3 times that same week. But after that, everything was great, my skin cleared up, my PMS got so much better (me and my boyfriend used to fight a lot due to my PMS) we didn't even fight this month at all. And my period lasted only 4 days cramp free along with slight bloating which is great compared to lasting 7 days."

xoheavenlyxo April 6, 2015

For Birth Control "I started taking Portia when I was 16 (22 now) and I was on it for about a year. I have since switched birth control brands twice. Before being on Portia I had very bad cramping and it 100% when away when I started this pill. I never became pregnant either. I'm rating it at a 5 because my mood swings were out of control! I also had some nausea and I was hungry all the time. I actually lost weight taking this pill ."

Jgirl4 April 3, 2015