User Reviews for Portia

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding
5.5

Summary of Portia reviews 5.6 95 reviews

Reviews for Portia

For Birth Control "At first I really liked Portia, the pill cleared up my skin, made my period lighter, little to no cramps, but as my body got used to the pill my hunger increased like crazy and was really hard to control the random cravings which I had never had problems with before. Along with this I had lots of break through bleeding causing me basically to have two periods a month. I am going off this bc and going to stay away from hormonal birth controls due to my issues with hunger on them."

Diaya (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 29, 2018

For Birth Control "Started taking Portia about 2 months ago- had to stop because I was not myself at all! Felt like a cloud was over my mind at all times. Caused EXTREME anxiety, depression and mood swings. Lost friends and broke relationships, after 2 days of accidentally not taking I noticed I felt like myself again and refuse to go back on. PLEASE watch your body and your mental response- don’t want anyone to have to go through this because of a silly pill!"

k19c17 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 23, 2018

For Birth Control "I was switched to Portia from levora when my pharmacy switched manufactures. The only issues I had with this birth control was that my emotions were very high the week before my period and I experienced a lot of water retention/bloating. However, I already suffer from severe anxiety, OCD, and depression regardless that has always gotten worse around my period, so it is hard for me to tell if this is a side effect or merely just part of how my body deals. I hear a lot of talk about Portia being blamed for weight gain, but scientifically there is no evidence that hormonal birth control leads to actual weight gain. I have gained weight however, I noticed a change in my diet as well. I was not eating well, craving sweets and more food than normal so that is what is responsible for my weight gain I believe. Any way over all this is a good birth control. My boyfriend and I never use protection and I tend to take my pill late and I have never even had a pregnancy scare. Love love love"

Magic1171 June 11, 2018

For Birth Control "Unfortunately Portia caused such profound nausea and vomiting that it was impossible to take. I even took it with a big meal (dinner) and tried taking it before bed so I could sleep through the side effects - I ended up waking up at 2am throwing up several times. I tried this 3 nights before I called it quits. Going to switch to a progestin-only pill to see if this helps with the nausea. Good luck, ladies!"

Anonymous April 30, 2018

For Birth Control "This has been the worst birth control I’ve ever been on. Great at controlling my period so I don’t have two periods in a month anymore, but I’ve been so nauseous the past two months. I have to stop taking it. I’ve been throwing up + nauseous every single day. Can’t eat hardly anything without getting sick. My mood has been up and down. I feel like laying in bed every day. No motivation. It’s horrible. But the worst symptom by far is the nausea for me. I hate throwing up more than anything else on this planet, so feeling like I have to all the time is pretty much my worst nightmare. I highly suggest something else if you want to feel even the least bit normal. This is the first pill I’ve ever been on that makes me feel this bad."

Cassg1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 14, 2018

For Birth Control "This pill has made me feel horrible! I have awful morning-like sickness and wake up in the middle of the night throwing up. My breasts have become bigger and so sensitive. I have broken out. My moods are all over the place - very depressed and lethargic - uncharacteristic for me. I am so bloated and gassy no matter what I eat - I can eat rice and bananas all day and still bloat up."

Sunny (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 26, 2018

For Birth Control "I was on Junel Fe for almost a year before I started taking Portia. Junel Fe made my acne clear up, but my period was very irregular. So my doctor prescribed me to Portia. My acne has gotten SO bad all along my jawline and chin. It’s cystic and painful. It’s nowhere else on my face, but it is so embarrassing, I don’t want to leave the house because I feel like people look at me and think it’s an STD. Not only that, but it has caused SEVERE mood swings and depression. I got into a huge fight last week with my boyfriend for no reason at all, and canceled plans with my mother the day of just because I had no motivation to get up and go do anything or see anyone. So now the question is, do I keep taking it for a few more months to see if things get better, or change to something else?"

ThumbsDown (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 20, 2018

For Birth Control "The only thing I can say positive about this birthcontrol pill is that it kept me from getting pregnant. Even on days I had missed and doubles up I never had a pregnancy scare. The bunch of negatives. When I first started Portia my heart rate was high and started noticing chest pain. My monthly flow 4-5 days , & flow got heavier. After being on it for a few months I started having cramps in ovaries and intense periods with migraines that would last for the whole period. Moody, gained weight, felt bloated. I was always extremely wet down there all day and during sex was worst. I recently switched back to the depo and immediately those symptoms went away! In my opinion it’s a good pregnancy preventive pill because I’ve gotten pregnant twice on other bc pills but I feel this medicine did was not compatible with my body at all!"

Kaywolfe March 14, 2018

For Birth Control "I do not recommend this pill due to my personal experiences. I was gaining weight and it was combating against all the work I was devoting to losing weight. I would get extremely bad chest pains and I thought I needed to see a cardio it was so bad. I was on Levora prior to this and I absolutely loved it and had no issues, but my pharmacy had it discontinued from their warehouse. I just got off the Portia this prior weekend and I started Altavera today and will post a review on that drug as well."

cllove (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 12, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I have been on Portia for 4 months for heavy and long periods. I have an ablation for fibroids 2 years ago and it was a failed ablation which left me with one tiny fibroid. It was causing problems with periods lasting up to 8 days and spotting in the middle of the months. I am so please with this pill. I am 47 and I am ready for my periods to be over. Being on Portia allows me to plan my vacations. My periods are lasting about 6 days now. With the 1st days being basically spotting and day 5 being light and day 6 being spotting with a watery drainage. My only problem is that my sex drive has been very high. I thought it was may age. I have always had a sex drive but now it is so unbearably high. I like this pill and hope that my days continue to decrease. I will keep the sex drive because I am going to need it when my soulmate comes. lol"

QueenKnee (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 5, 2018

For Birth Control "I took Portia for about two weeks and I already have bad break outs. It is by far the worst birth control I have ever taken. I was taking viorele and it kept my skin super clear nevertheless IT made my period all whack. I want to go back just for the clear skin. BUT now I am on Mylan. And I can’t find any reviews for it. So hopefully this will help my skin because Portia MESSED IT UP."

Lauren101 January 29, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve been taking Portia for 6 months. My period usually starts in the middle of the week BEFORE it should, and lasts for more than a week. But the flow is so much lighter than I’m used to. I haven’t gained weight, and my body shape looks much more pear-like. It was easy for me to gain weight when off the pill, but I haven’t run or gone to the gym in 5 months and I actually loss three pounds. This could be attributed to having a better diet, but I think taking this pill has helped me at least maintain my weight. The biggest negative for me is my libido reduction. I had absolutely no sex drive the first 2 months of taking, but then it increased moderately. My drive is not nearly the same as it use to be. I’ve also never gotten pregnant."

MaryJohnson December 26, 2017

For Birth Control "This is the worst birth control pill I've been on (I've also used Yaz, Sronyx, Lutera, Alesse, Levora), I've never really experienced any side effects before. I was on Levora last and loved it, but was switched to Portia when Levora was discontinued. I've been on Portia for 3.5 months and have gained 5 pounds and have been depressed and anxious the whole time - I wake up in the middle of the night crying or am unable to sleep because of the anxiety."

portiasucks December 14, 2017

For Birth Control "I took this for one week. It gave me terrible acne. I have never had acne more than an occasional pimple, but it made my face red and bumpy all over, and it has stayed ever since! I switched to a mini pill for a few months and then stopped birth control to get pregnant. It has been 8 months since then and I still have a red bumpy face."

Broken out December 6, 2017

For Birth Control "I started taking it at the beginning of October and since then I have noticed I have gained weight. It also makes me extremely moody. So I'm not very happy with it."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 14, 2017

For Birth Control "I started taking Portia after my first pill was giving me too much break through bleeding. I never had any break through bleeding on Portia, but I developed moderate depression and anxiety issues while on it. I was moody, less interested in sex, and bloated most of the time. I switched back to the original pill I started on, so hopefully that goes better!"

Js1990 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 8, 2017

For Birth Control "I was switched from Levora to portia and I hated it so much! I gained 7lbs in 3 weeks even with my healthy diet and exercise. I am switching back immediately, and I don't even know why I was randomly switched the first place. Also, my anxiety was super bad too right when starting this. Never again."

Anonymous October 16, 2017

For Birth Control "I started this birth control a little over a month ago, and it's my first time being on birth control. I'm pretty happy with it. The first week or so my body was adjusting to the drug, so I was much more moody. However my body has seemed to have adjusted, and I'm pretty happy with it. My only complaint is that my period has been almost nonstop. I bled for 2 1/2 weeks, stopped for a few days and now I'm back to bleeding again. I feel like I'm possibly dying but I read somewhere that this is normal so I'm gonna give it time. All in all I'm happy with it and I'd recommend it."

Tired0198 October 16, 2017

For Birth Control "I have been on this for one week! No side effects at all. I used to have horrible headaches daily and this bc has gotten rid of them! Was very nervous to start a hormonal pill because I am prone to nausea and headaches. I don't have one thing to say bad about this pill."

Girly257::8/&// October 9, 2017

For Birth Control "Overall portia is a decent birth control. I’ve been on it for 9 months. Initially I did have some acne, but that cleared up after the first month. No affects on my libido or my anxiety. One of the negatives for me would be that it made my breasts unequally bigger. It’s not noticeable, but I can tell my right breast is bigger. Also, I’ve tried to do continuous with this pill, but I start having breakthrough bleeding around week 9. but this is the only reason I’m looking into a different pill."

GirlByTheSEA11 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 7, 2017

For Birth Control "I was switched from Levora to this. I never had issues with Levora but I hate Portia. I get cramps and pain randomly throughout the whole month. My right breast has gotten nearly a half cup bigger, despite my weight being stable. I feel bloated a lot and have cut carbs to try to fix it. This is my third pack so I was hoping the side effects would have subsided by now but they haven't. I am not impressed and hope Levora comes back on the market or whatever is going on with it because Portia sucks. Also, they have red dye in them, something I try to avoid. I waited to review until I had been on it a while to see if I was biased because of the dye but there's definitely an unwelcome change going on in my body that is really frustrating."

thewatson27 September 21, 2017

For Birth Control "When I first started it, I didn't notice it was giving me side effects until I look back now. The first month, I felt dizzy, anxious, depressed, and disorientated. I thought it was because I was trying to get use to the change in hormones. But, then those side effects continued, until now which is 3 months on it. I have gain 7 lbs that I had worked off before I started it. It makes me feel horrible. I've gotten lazier and have no motivation to do my school work and study. I have also had the side effect of my legs feeling numb. I have also had the side effect of low blood sugar and my hands shaking like crazy. Don't use this product. It's the worst birth control I've experienced."

ihatethispill (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 20, 2017

For Birth Control "Had to switch to this from Levora that worked great. Even though Portia kept me from getting pregnant, I woke up every morning with cramps, nausea and by week 3 I had purpura show up on my legs."

Kim8753x (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 14, 2017

For Birth Control "I had to switch to Portia cuz that's my Insurance "generic" brand. Felt the "Usual" nausea & fatigue thought it was normal, until I have been having stomach pain on my left side like if I had air, more gassy, low sex drive (thought it was the summer heat but not that), tired and back pain. I feeI like a fatty mc fatty. Feeling worse and worse each time. So going to decide no longer birth control to clean my body out of toxins and if I get blessed with a baby bump then HEY its meant to be. :) Aside the fact it does help not having a baby. Which that is what is suppose to do. OBVIOUSLY"

UgghWhyPeriods (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 14, 2017

For Birth Control "I have been on this medication for one month. I was switched from Levora to this because the medication is supposably the same. Not the same side effects for me! Levora was perfect, but this pill has given me 10 extra pounds. . . In one month!!! (My weight has never been this high) Plus my mood has been horrible, no sex drive. Only reason I am giving this 2 stars is because I am not pregnant."

Lelectricmomma (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 10, 2017