User Reviews for Portia

Birth Control 71 reviews 305 medications

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 1 reviews 169 medications

Summary of Portia reviews 72 reviews 4.5

Reviews for Portia

For Birth Control "I had to switch to Portia cuz that's my Insurance "generic" brand. Felt the "Usual" nausea & fatigue thought it was normal, until I have been having stomach pain on my left side like if I had air, more gassy, low sex drive (thought it was the summer heat but not that), tired and back pain. I feeI like a fatty mc fatty. Feeling worse and worse each time. So going to decide no longer birth control to clean my body out of toxins and if I get blessed with a baby bump then HEY its meant to be. :) Aside the fact it does help not having a baby. Which that is what is suppose to do. OBVIOUSLY"

UgghWhyPeriods (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been on this medication for one month. I was switched from Levora to this because the medication is supposably the same. Not the same side effects for me! Levora was perfect, but this pill has given me 10 extra pounds. . . In one month!!! (My weight has never been this high) Plus my mood has been horrible, no sex drive. Only reason I am giving this 2 stars is because I am not pregnant."

Lelectricmomma (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "4 years and successfully no baby! Now....how to have a baby with the person I want one with!!"

Stephyyyyyy (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Obviously by the name I am a Mom. After I got off of Portia I immediately got pregnant a week later. Wasn't our intentions at all. When I got back on it after having my kid, everything had changed. I get MASSIVE headaches, nausea, dizziness, and it makes my body really tender and sore down there, so sex hurts quite a bit sometimes. With all that being said, I have never had an issue or a pregnancy scare while being ON the Portia pill and it definitely works when it comes to preventing pregnancy. I have been on it for 6 years now and even though the side effects suck, it's the only one that is truly accurate on it pregnancy prevention. I buy this version of it for $9. It's very cheap."

Momof2015 April 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "The worst birth control ever!!! I have only been on this for about 2 weeks and everyday at the same time I have stomach cramping. I already had my PCP switch me to something else but I can not switch in the middle of packs. I wouldn't recommend this birth control to anyone."

AlannaB 3200 April 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "During the first month of Portia I was loving it. No side effects, no nothing. My only side effect was breast enlargement which was not a problem for me. But when it came to be the week before my period I noticed I was getting pimples by the daily. My face is always perfectly clear, but I literally turned into a pizza face. Not exaggerating I decided to stay on it because I knew it was because of my period. But once my period came, my cramps got so much worse than what they normally are like. I was bending over the whole entire day and it became painful to walk. Not to mention my stomach is always flat. I am always bloated now. I could eat a grain of rice and my stomach will pop back up. I've gained 10 pounds. I am not confident in myself"

CatherineM April 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Hi Everyone I had a bad experience with this birth control​. I was taking another birth control before this one. I switched to this one bc of my mood. And around the 3rd month I went crazy. I started to think weirdly I started to think I didn't love my boyfriend anymore. And I know it's not true but it is the WORST. I went off it about a month ago and I still have the worst depression and anxiety. I can't even look at my boyfriend the same anymore and it breaks my heart. But I heard it gets better and these thoughts will go away. Remember ladies never act when your on birth control it's not you! But this made my realtionship the worst. So I needed a break from birth control after this one a break is well needed! Good luck ladies!"

Kvernon87​ March 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Absolutely terrible!!! I've been on many oral birth control pills and this is one of the worst. My mood swings are so intense, zero sex drive, and I am snapping over little things. I am switching back to gildess fe ASAP!!! 10000% better"

Emz07179 March 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Absolutely hate this pill. Was on nuvaring but co-pay was going up to 65bucks a month and I couldn't afford that! This pill makes me moody and little things bother me that shouldn't. I have no sex drive, breasts are tender and don't want to be touch. Unfortunately I have to wait out the month before switching to another pill. Definitely not a fan of this birth control."

Cfz February 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I got pretty bad mood swings/anxiety with this but worst of all, I got cramps. I had cramps all month long for about 3 months before I switched. It would feel like someone punched me in the uterus and I'd bend over in pain at random times in the day. However, I did experience this with other barr/teva pharmeceutical birth controls. I didn't get pregnant so I suppose it was effective in that sense."

xxsmileatmexx January 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I don't have acne issues, my cycles are the same painful and heavy. But my only issues that I can't deal with are the mood swings, bad dreams and tiredness. I've been taking it for 2 months now and my attitude SUCKS! I don't even want to do things I enjoy. And there is absolutely no sex drive! I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one having these issues. I was starting to think I was crazy."

Riverdale, GA (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I was put on this about two years ago. My periods are shorter, my anxiety is gone, not as much breast pain, no headaches EVER I can't remember the last time I had one and have not gotten pregnant. My only complain: stretch marks. I have so many stretch marks now from this birth control on my lower belly/thigh/groin/hip area. I have gained some weight (college) but my weight has always fluctuated. These stretch marks are insane. Otherwise, the medication is great."

KayK06 (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 12, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been on 3 different types of birth control since I was 15, I am now 21 and I wanted to be able to skip my periods so my doctor put me on Marlissa and then they discontinued so I got switched to Portia.. I was only on Portia for just a month and I hated it!! I wa every moody and felt sad.. I was hungry and it made me very very bloated.. I was getting bad migraines as well. The worst was when I got my period.. it started off not normal than what it usually is for me and it was the worst cramps I have EVER experienced! I suggest to try a different birth control like Tri-sprintec or Tri-Linyah (which I am now on)"

Nikki27 October 12, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I used to be incapacitated during my period due to cramps and id never remember when the blood would start. This almost eliminated my cramps, lightened the flow and shortened my period. As a plus, the pill packaging makes it super easy to remember when to break out the pads. I dont think I saw any side effects but that might be because I already had headaches and nausea."

No cramps mcgee (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 26, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Haven't gotten pregnant so it's working. I have migraines but this pill doesn't give me headaches. Short and lighter periods. Great medicine although my boobs are more sensitive"

Jen1995 May 22, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been on Portia for about a month now my period is extremely heavy although that's normal for me. I noticed that it makes me very tired which I really dislike because I'm a very active person. I'm constantly nauseous and I mean constantly. I'm into fitness and I gained 6 freaking pounds. I get headaches more than usual as well. I know these are normal side effects but I am really not liking this birth control so far. I used Lavora until they discontinued it and put me on Portia I never had problems with it like Portia."

My ovaries ache May 20, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have tried taking many different brands of birth control for last 4 years. When I first started birth control pills, I got really fat. So I changed by brand. Next one caused me bleeding as soon as I took it. So I quit that one also and I gave up on birth control thinking its not for me. Early this year, after a year of staying away from contraceptive, I wanted to give it a try again. My doctor prescribed me Portia once I reminded her of my whole ordeal with birth control over the years. She told me, lets give this one a try and see what happens. If not then I would have to go to IUD. Thank god for Portia, I did not have to go to IUD. Portia is subtle and come without any side effects for me."

Mishty May 9, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been using Portia since 2011. I absolutely love it! Short and light periods and no cramps!"

NicoleRenee25 April 28, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been on this pill for about 2 years now. It really helped straighten out my irregular periods and the heaviness of my flow. However, I didn't get cramps much before I started the pill and now I get them and they are horrible. Sometimes I even feel like my legs are going numb. And I get these horrible headaches everyday, they worsen when I don't take my pill right on time, even a few minutes late and they only get worse on the week I take the sugar pills. I didn't have any issues until about a year and a half after starting this pill."

So-so April 14, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I'm on day 2 of Portia-28 pack, started my period Saturday and my gynecologist told me to start the pill on Sunday, I couldn't get to pharmacy so I started on Monday. Since day 1 I have noticed a change in my period already it immediately lightened it up, usually my periods are heavy the first 2-3 days. I am also sporting a Kotex super plus or super, now I don't need a tampon and when I took my regular tampon out after it being in all day the blood was brown. I also have noticed my sex drive has spiked and so far no nasty side effects such as nausea or breast tenderness. I am sure as much as it has already shortened my period I won't be spotting throughout the month. I hope it stays this great for me for as long as I take it :)"

Beth1985 February 23, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been on it for over a year & it does work against pregnancy but gives me overwhelming nausea every single day & doesn't go away it also fixed my period but gave me cramps"

Hazel lexi February 17, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Awesome. Super short periods, no acne, no cramping. Been on for years. Highly recommend"

Victoriaaax (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 21, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Taking Portia landed me in the hospital. After taking it for 4 months, I began having horrible head aches and sensitivity to light. A few days later I went to the Doctors, after a CT, MRI, and a MRV they found a major blood clot in my brain. Two days later I was admitted into the hospital with blindness in my left eye resulting in having to have a spinal tap to take the fluid off of my brain. For the next year I will be on a blood thinner and a brain swelling medication. DO NOT TAKE PORTIA!!!"

taylorharris99 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 21, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been on Portia for a couple of months and it's the worse. I have terrible headaches , I'm always sleepy & lazy , always nauseous. It does help my period a lot though but it always makes me like I'm pregnant or something. I'm always hot at night as well."

brownkinbaeb (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 31, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been taking Portia now for 8 months and it is doing me very well. I first started taking birth control because I would go months on months without a period (7months the longest). Since taking Portia, my acne has gotten so much better, in the first 3 months I lost 20 lbs, there has been no negative effect for me."

Anonymous December 29, 2015