User Reviews for Portia

5.5

2 reviews
Summary of Portia reviews 5.6 92 reviews

Reviews for Portia

For Birth Control "This pill has made me feel horrible! I have awful morning-like sickness and wake up in the middle of the night throwing up. My breasts have become bigger and so sensitive. I have broken out. My moods are all over the place - very depressed and lethargic - uncharacteristic for me. I am so bloated and gassy no matter what I eat - I can eat rice and bananas all day and still bloat up."

Sunny (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 26, 2018

For Birth Control "I was on Junel Fe for almost a year before I started taking Portia. Junel Fe made my acne clear up, but my period was very irregular. So my doctor prescribed me to Portia. My acne has gotten SO bad all along my jawline and chin. It’s cystic and painful. It’s nowhere else on my face, but it is so embarrassing, I don’t want to leave the house because I feel like people look at me and think it’s an STD. Not only that, but it has caused SEVERE mood swings and depression. I got into a huge fight last week with my boyfriend for no reason at all, and canceled plans with my mother the day of just because I had no motivation to get up and go do anything or see anyone. So now the question is, do I keep taking it for a few more months to see if things get better, or change to something else?"

ThumbsDown (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 20, 2018

For Birth Control "The only thing I can say positive about this birthcontrol pill is that it kept me from getting pregnant. Even on days I had missed and doubles up I never had a pregnancy scare. The bunch of negatives. When I first started Portia my heart rate was high and started noticing chest pain. My monthly flow 4-5 days , & flow got heavier. After being on it for a few months I started having cramps in ovaries and intense periods with migraines that would last for the whole period. Moody, gained weight, felt bloated. I was always extremely wet down there all day and during sex was worst. I recently switched back to the depo and immediately those symptoms went away! In my opinion it’s a good pregnancy preventive pill because I’ve gotten pregnant twice on other bc pills but I feel this medicine did was not compatible with my body at all!"

Kaywolfe March 14, 2018

For Birth Control "I do not recommend this pill due to my personal experiences. I was gaining weight and it was combating against all the work I was devoting to losing weight. I would get extremely bad chest pains and I thought I needed to see a cardio it was so bad. I was on Levora prior to this and I absolutely loved it and had no issues, but my pharmacy had it discontinued from their warehouse. I just got off the Portia this prior weekend and I started Altavera today and will post a review on that drug as well."

cllove (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 12, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I have been on Portia for 4 months for heavy and long periods. I have an ablation for fibroids 2 years ago and it was a failed ablation which left me with one tiny fibroid. It was causing problems with periods lasting up to 8 days and spotting in the middle of the months. I am so please with this pill. I am 47 and I am ready for my periods to be over. Being on Portia allows me to plan my vacations. My periods are lasting about 6 days now. With the 1st days being basically spotting and day 5 being light and day 6 being spotting with a watery drainage. My only problem is that my sex drive has been very high. I thought it was may age. I have always had a sex drive but now it is so unbearably high. I like this pill and hope that my days continue to decrease. I will keep the sex drive because I am going to need it when my soulmate comes. lol"

QueenKnee (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 5, 2018

For Birth Control "I took Portia for about two weeks and I already have bad break outs. It is by far the worst birth control I have ever taken. I was taking viorele and it kept my skin super clear nevertheless IT made my period all whack. I want to go back just for the clear skin. BUT now I am on Mylan. And I can’t find any reviews for it. So hopefully this will help my skin because Portia MESSED IT UP."

Lauren101 January 29, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve been taking Portia for 6 months. My period usually starts in the middle of the week BEFORE it should, and lasts for more than a week. But the flow is so much lighter than I’m used to. I haven’t gained weight, and my body shape looks much more pear-like. It was easy for me to gain weight when off the pill, but I haven’t run or gone to the gym in 5 months and I actually loss three pounds. This could be attributed to having a better diet, but I think taking this pill has helped me at least maintain my weight. The biggest negative for me is my libido reduction. I had absolutely no sex drive the first 2 months of taking, but then it increased moderately. My drive is not nearly the same as it use to be. I’ve also never gotten pregnant."

MaryJohnson December 26, 2017

For Birth Control "This is the worst birth control pill I've been on (I've also used Yaz, Sronyx, Lutera, Alesse, Levora), I've never really experienced any side effects before. I was on Levora last and loved it, but was switched to Portia when Levora was discontinued. I've been on Portia for 3.5 months and have gained 5 pounds and have been depressed and anxious the whole time - I wake up in the middle of the night crying or am unable to sleep because of the anxiety."

portiasucks December 14, 2017

For Birth Control "I took this for one week. It gave me terrible acne. I have never had acne more than an occasional pimple, but it made my face red and bumpy all over, and it has stayed ever since! I switched to a mini pill for a few months and then stopped birth control to get pregnant. It has been 8 months since then and I still have a red bumpy face."

Broken out December 6, 2017

For Birth Control "I started taking it at the beginning of October and since then I have noticed I have gained weight. It also makes me extremely moody. So I'm not very happy with it."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 14, 2017

For Birth Control "I started taking Portia after my first pill was giving me too much break through bleeding. I never had any break through bleeding on Portia, but I developed moderate depression and anxiety issues while on it. I was moody, less interested in sex, and bloated most of the time. I switched back to the original pill I started on, so hopefully that goes better!"

Js1990 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 8, 2017

For Birth Control "I was switched from Levora to portia and I hated it so much! I gained 7lbs in 3 weeks even with my healthy diet and exercise. I am switching back immediately, and I don't even know why I was randomly switched the first place. Also, my anxiety was super bad too right when starting this. Never again."

Anonymous October 16, 2017

For Birth Control "I started this birth control a little over a month ago, and it's my first time being on birth control. I'm pretty happy with it. The first week or so my body was adjusting to the drug, so I was much more moody. However my body has seemed to have adjusted, and I'm pretty happy with it. My only complaint is that my period has been almost nonstop. I bled for 2 1/2 weeks, stopped for a few days and now I'm back to bleeding again. I feel like I'm possibly dying but I read somewhere that this is normal so I'm gonna give it time. All in all I'm happy with it and I'd recommend it."

Tired0198 October 16, 2017

For Birth Control "I have been on this for one week! No side effects at all. I used to have horrible headaches daily and this bc has gotten rid of them! Was very nervous to start a hormonal pill because I am prone to nausea and headaches. I don't have one thing to say bad about this pill."

Girly257::8/&// October 9, 2017

For Birth Control "Overall portia is a decent birth control. I’ve been on it for 9 months. Initially I did have some acne, but that cleared up after the first month. No affects on my libido or my anxiety. One of the negatives for me would be that it made my breasts unequally bigger. It’s not noticeable, but I can tell my right breast is bigger. Also, I’ve tried to do continuous with this pill, but I start having breakthrough bleeding around week 9. but this is the only reason I’m looking into a different pill."

GirlByTheSEA11 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 7, 2017

For Birth Control "I was switched from Levora to this. I never had issues with Levora but I hate Portia. I get cramps and pain randomly throughout the whole month. My right breast has gotten nearly a half cup bigger, despite my weight being stable. I feel bloated a lot and have cut carbs to try to fix it. This is my third pack so I was hoping the side effects would have subsided by now but they haven't. I am not impressed and hope Levora comes back on the market or whatever is going on with it because Portia sucks. Also, they have red dye in them, something I try to avoid. I waited to review until I had been on it a while to see if I was biased because of the dye but there's definitely an unwelcome change going on in my body that is really frustrating."

thewatson27 September 21, 2017

For Birth Control "When I first started it, I didn't notice it was giving me side effects until I look back now. The first month, I felt dizzy, anxious, depressed, and disorientated. I thought it was because I was trying to get use to the change in hormones. But, then those side effects continued, until now which is 3 months on it. I have gain 7 lbs that I had worked off before I started it. It makes me feel horrible. I've gotten lazier and have no motivation to do my school work and study. I have also had the side effect of my legs feeling numb. I have also had the side effect of low blood sugar and my hands shaking like crazy. Don't use this product. It's the worst birth control I've experienced."

ihatethispill (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 20, 2017

For Birth Control "Had to switch to this from Levora that worked great. Even though Portia kept me from getting pregnant, I woke up every morning with cramps, nausea and by week 3 I had purpura show up on my legs."

Kim8753x (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 14, 2017

For Birth Control "I had to switch to Portia cuz that's my Insurance "generic" brand. Felt the "Usual" nausea & fatigue thought it was normal, until I have been having stomach pain on my left side like if I had air, more gassy, low sex drive (thought it was the summer heat but not that), tired and back pain. I feeI like a fatty mc fatty. Feeling worse and worse each time. So going to decide no longer birth control to clean my body out of toxins and if I get blessed with a baby bump then HEY its meant to be. :) Aside the fact it does help not having a baby. Which that is what is suppose to do. OBVIOUSLY"

UgghWhyPeriods (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 14, 2017

For Birth Control "I have been on this medication for one month. I was switched from Levora to this because the medication is supposably the same. Not the same side effects for me! Levora was perfect, but this pill has given me 10 extra pounds. . . In one month!!! (My weight has never been this high) Plus my mood has been horrible, no sex drive. Only reason I am giving this 2 stars is because I am not pregnant."

Lelectricmomma (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 10, 2017

For Birth Control "4 years and successfully no baby! Now....how to have a baby with the person I want one with!!"

Stephyyyyyy (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 26, 2017

For Birth Control "Obviously by the name I am a Mom. After I got off of Portia I immediately got pregnant a week later. Wasn't our intentions at all. When I got back on it after having my kid, everything had changed. I get MASSIVE headaches, nausea, dizziness, and it makes my body really tender and sore down there, so sex hurts quite a bit sometimes. With all that being said, I have never had an issue or a pregnancy scare while being ON the Portia pill and it definitely works when it comes to preventing pregnancy. I have been on it for 6 years now and even though the side effects suck, it's the only one that is truly accurate on it pregnancy prevention. I buy this version of it for $9. It's very cheap."

Momof2015 April 11, 2017

For Birth Control "The worst birth control ever!!! I have only been on this for about 2 weeks and everyday at the same time I have stomach cramping. I already had my PCP switch me to something else but I can not switch in the middle of packs. I wouldn't recommend this birth control to anyone."

AlannaB 3200 April 6, 2017

For Birth Control "During the first month of Portia I was loving it. No side effects, no nothing. My only side effect was breast enlargement which was not a problem for me. But when it came to be the week before my period I noticed I was getting pimples by the daily. My face is always perfectly clear, but I literally turned into a pizza face. Not exaggerating I decided to stay on it because I knew it was because of my period. But once my period came, my cramps got so much worse than what they normally are like. I was bending over the whole entire day and it became painful to walk. Not to mention my stomach is always flat. I am always bloated now. I could eat a grain of rice and my stomach will pop back up. I've gained 10 pounds. I am not confident in myself"

CatherineM April 3, 2017

For Birth Control "Hi Everyone I had a bad experience with this birth control​. I was taking another birth control before this one. I switched to this one bc of my mood. And around the 3rd month I went crazy. I started to think weirdly I started to think I didn't love my boyfriend anymore. And I know it's not true but it is the WORST. I went off it about a month ago and I still have the worst depression and anxiety. I can't even look at my boyfriend the same anymore and it breaks my heart. But I heard it gets better and these thoughts will go away. Remember ladies never act when your on birth control it's not you! But this made my realtionship the worst. So I needed a break from birth control after this one a break is well needed! Good luck ladies!"

Kvernon87​ March 17, 2017