User Reviews for Portia

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Portia.

Birth Control
5.9

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding

1 review 109 medications
Summary of Portia reviews 4.5 81 reviews

Reviews for Portia

For Birth Control "I started taking it at the beginning of October and since then I have noticed I have gained weight. It also makes me extremely moody. So I'm not very happy with it."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 14, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I started taking Portia after my first pill was giving me too much break through bleeding. I never had any break through bleeding on Portia, but I developed moderate depression and anxiety issues while on it. I was moody, less interested in sex, and bloated most of the time. I switched back to the original pill I started on, so hopefully that goes better!"

Js1990 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 8, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I was switched from Levora to portia and I hated it so much! I gained 7lbs in 3 weeks even with my healthy diet and exercise. I am switching back immediately, and I don't even know why I was randomly switched the first place. Also, my anxiety was super bad too right when starting this. Never again."

Anonymous October 16, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I started this birth control a little over a month ago, and it's my first time being on birth control. I'm pretty happy with it. The first week or so my body was adjusting to the drug, so I was much more moody. However my body has seemed to have adjusted, and I'm pretty happy with it. My only complaint is that my period has been almost nonstop. I bled for 2 1/2 weeks, stopped for a few days and now I'm back to bleeding again. I feel like I'm possibly dying but I read somewhere that this is normal so I'm gonna give it time. All in all I'm happy with it and I'd recommend it."

Tired0198 October 16, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been on this for one week! No side effects at all. I used to have horrible headaches daily and this bc has gotten rid of them! Was very nervous to start a hormonal pill because I am prone to nausea and headaches. I don't have one thing to say bad about this pill."

Girly257::8/&// October 9, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Overall portia is a decent birth control. I’ve been on it for 9 months. Initially I did have some acne, but that cleared up after the first month. No affects on my libido or my anxiety. One of the negatives for me would be that it made my breasts unequally bigger. It’s not noticeable, but I can tell my right breast is bigger. Also, I’ve tried to do continuous with this pill, but I start having breakthrough bleeding around week 9. but this is the only reason I’m looking into a different pill."

GirlByTheSEA11 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 7, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I was switched from Levora to this. I never had issues with Levora but I hate Portia. I get cramps and pain randomly throughout the whole month. My right breast has gotten nearly a half cup bigger, despite my weight being stable. I feel bloated a lot and have cut carbs to try to fix it. This is my third pack so I was hoping the side effects would have subsided by now but they haven't. I am not impressed and hope Levora comes back on the market or whatever is going on with it because Portia sucks. Also, they have red dye in them, something I try to avoid. I waited to review until I had been on it a while to see if I was biased because of the dye but there's definitely an unwelcome change going on in my body that is really frustrating."

thewatson27 September 21, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "When I first started it, I didn't notice it was giving me side effects until I look back now. The first month, I felt dizzy, anxious, depressed, and disorientated. I thought it was because I was trying to get use to the change in hormones. But, then those side effects continued, until now which is 3 months on it. I have gain 7 lbs that I had worked off before I started it. It makes me feel horrible. I've gotten lazier and have no motivation to do my school work and study. I have also had the side effect of my legs feeling numb. I have also had the side effect of low blood sugar and my hands shaking like crazy. Don't use this product. It's the worst birth control I've experienced."

ihatethispill (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 20, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Had to switch to this from Levora that worked great. Even though Portia kept me from getting pregnant, I woke up every morning with cramps, nausea and by week 3 I had purpura show up on my legs."

Kim8753x (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 14, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I had to switch to Portia cuz that's my Insurance "generic" brand. Felt the "Usual" nausea & fatigue thought it was normal, until I have been having stomach pain on my left side like if I had air, more gassy, low sex drive (thought it was the summer heat but not that), tired and back pain. I feeI like a fatty mc fatty. Feeling worse and worse each time. So going to decide no longer birth control to clean my body out of toxins and if I get blessed with a baby bump then HEY its meant to be. :) Aside the fact it does help not having a baby. Which that is what is suppose to do. OBVIOUSLY"

UgghWhyPeriods (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 14, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been on this medication for one month. I was switched from Levora to this because the medication is supposably the same. Not the same side effects for me! Levora was perfect, but this pill has given me 10 extra pounds. . . In one month!!! (My weight has never been this high) Plus my mood has been horrible, no sex drive. Only reason I am giving this 2 stars is because I am not pregnant."

Lelectricmomma (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 10, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "4 years and successfully no baby! Now....how to have a baby with the person I want one with!!"

Stephyyyyyy (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 26, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Obviously by the name I am a Mom. After I got off of Portia I immediately got pregnant a week later. Wasn't our intentions at all. When I got back on it after having my kid, everything had changed. I get MASSIVE headaches, nausea, dizziness, and it makes my body really tender and sore down there, so sex hurts quite a bit sometimes. With all that being said, I have never had an issue or a pregnancy scare while being ON the Portia pill and it definitely works when it comes to preventing pregnancy. I have been on it for 6 years now and even though the side effects suck, it's the only one that is truly accurate on it pregnancy prevention. I buy this version of it for $9. It's very cheap."

Momof2015 April 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "The worst birth control ever!!! I have only been on this for about 2 weeks and everyday at the same time I have stomach cramping. I already had my PCP switch me to something else but I can not switch in the middle of packs. I wouldn't recommend this birth control to anyone."

AlannaB 3200 April 6, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "During the first month of Portia I was loving it. No side effects, no nothing. My only side effect was breast enlargement which was not a problem for me. But when it came to be the week before my period I noticed I was getting pimples by the daily. My face is always perfectly clear, but I literally turned into a pizza face. Not exaggerating I decided to stay on it because I knew it was because of my period. But once my period came, my cramps got so much worse than what they normally are like. I was bending over the whole entire day and it became painful to walk. Not to mention my stomach is always flat. I am always bloated now. I could eat a grain of rice and my stomach will pop back up. I've gained 10 pounds. I am not confident in myself"

CatherineM April 3, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Hi Everyone I had a bad experience with this birth control​. I was taking another birth control before this one. I switched to this one bc of my mood. And around the 3rd month I went crazy. I started to think weirdly I started to think I didn't love my boyfriend anymore. And I know it's not true but it is the WORST. I went off it about a month ago and I still have the worst depression and anxiety. I can't even look at my boyfriend the same anymore and it breaks my heart. But I heard it gets better and these thoughts will go away. Remember ladies never act when your on birth control it's not you! But this made my realtionship the worst. So I needed a break from birth control after this one a break is well needed! Good luck ladies!"

Kvernon87​ March 17, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Absolutely terrible!!! I've been on many oral birth control pills and this is one of the worst. My mood swings are so intense, zero sex drive, and I am snapping over little things. I am switching back to gildess fe ASAP!!! 10000% better"

Emz07179 March 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Absolutely hate this pill. Was on nuvaring but co-pay was going up to 65bucks a month and I couldn't afford that! This pill makes me moody and little things bother me that shouldn't. I have no sex drive, breasts are tender and don't want to be touch. Unfortunately I have to wait out the month before switching to another pill. Definitely not a fan of this birth control."

Cfz February 7, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I got pretty bad mood swings/anxiety with this but worst of all, I got cramps. I had cramps all month long for about 3 months before I switched. It would feel like someone punched me in the uterus and I'd bend over in pain at random times in the day. However, I did experience this with other barr/teva pharmeceutical birth controls. I didn't get pregnant so I suppose it was effective in that sense."

xxsmileatmexx January 24, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I don't have acne issues, my cycles are the same painful and heavy. But my only issues that I can't deal with are the mood swings, bad dreams and tiredness. I've been taking it for 2 months now and my attitude SUCKS! I don't even want to do things I enjoy. And there is absolutely no sex drive! I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one having these issues. I was starting to think I was crazy."

Riverdale, GA (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 9, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I was put on this about two years ago. My periods are shorter, my anxiety is gone, not as much breast pain, no headaches EVER I can't remember the last time I had one and have not gotten pregnant. My only complain: stretch marks. I have so many stretch marks now from this birth control on my lower belly/thigh/groin/hip area. I have gained some weight (college) but my weight has always fluctuated. These stretch marks are insane. Otherwise, the medication is great."

KayK06 (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 12, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been on 3 different types of birth control since I was 15, I am now 21 and I wanted to be able to skip my periods so my doctor put me on Marlissa and then they discontinued so I got switched to Portia.. I was only on Portia for just a month and I hated it!! I wa every moody and felt sad.. I was hungry and it made me very very bloated.. I was getting bad migraines as well. The worst was when I got my period.. it started off not normal than what it usually is for me and it was the worst cramps I have EVER experienced! I suggest to try a different birth control like Tri-sprintec or Tri-Linyah (which I am now on)"

Nikki27 October 12, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I used to be incapacitated during my period due to cramps and id never remember when the blood would start. This almost eliminated my cramps, lightened the flow and shortened my period. As a plus, the pill packaging makes it super easy to remember when to break out the pads. I dont think I saw any side effects but that might be because I already had headaches and nausea."

No cramps mcgee (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 26, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Haven't gotten pregnant so it's working. I have migraines but this pill doesn't give me headaches. Short and lighter periods. Great medicine although my boobs are more sensitive"

Jen1995 May 22, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been on Portia for about a month now my period is extremely heavy although that's normal for me. I noticed that it makes me very tired which I really dislike because I'm a very active person. I'm constantly nauseous and I mean constantly. I'm into fitness and I gained 6 freaking pounds. I get headaches more than usual as well. I know these are normal side effects but I am really not liking this birth control so far. I used Lavora until they discontinued it and put me on Portia I never had problems with it like Portia."

My ovaries ache May 20, 2016