User Reviews for Marlissa

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Marlissa.

Birth Control
4.4

Summary of Marlissa reviews 4.4 8 reviews

Reviews for Marlissa

For Birth Control "I was on Marlissa for 6 months . I originally started taking it because I had very heavy periods and I also became sexually active. Overall, it did its job. My periods became super light and it did protect me against pregnancy. However the side effects were terrible. I was sick to my stomach for the first couple days of a new pack every month, my cramps got worse instead of better, my mood would constantly change, and there would be random months where my face would totally break out. I just changed to Apri and so far it's been better."

Jay1201 October 16, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been taking this for 3 weeks and it's HORRIBLE. I recently just got diagnosed with polycystic ovarian syndrome, and I have new insurance so my doctor recommended this. The only thing it has done for me, is give me acne. It's made my skin worse. I was taking levora since I was 19, because I always had irregular periods, but it's because I had PCOS this whole time. I'm now 27, and my skin was always phenomenal when I was on levora. I Never gained weight and levora maintained everything perfectly. Now I have pimples every day, and if one heals I'll get 2-3 more, by the time it's healed. I haven't noticed any change in my weight even though, I do workout 4 days a week and watch what I eat."

Anonymous October 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Something has changed in the formulation of this drug. I developed a rash which looked like giant hives after starting a pack and into the 3rd day. I thought it was unrelated but then it happened again when I started a second pack. I have changed to another brand and had no problems."

Marlissa hives September 16, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I started on this a while ago. It was wonderful actually I never had problems getting my period on time, it always works and my cramps weren't bothering me. I moved and my pharmacy gave me Levora- same amount of active hormones but, Levora gave me god awful cramps all times of the month, made me miss my period for a month at a time, get 2 periods a month and sometimes just get it in the middle of the cycle. Marlissa doesn't give me that issue at all- I am so happy to be back on it again! There's a reason why there are so many types and brands, everyone's body will respond completely different"

Chelseabergstresser (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 9, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I started taking Marlissa about 5 months ago and when I first started taking it it took about a month for me to adjust. I had mood swings, worsened anxiety and depression, and I was tired all the time. The pros of this pill were decreased acne and my boobs got bigger! My period is also now 3 days instead of 7 and I have basically no cramps. The reason I started taking the pill was because of my extremely painful cramps and it did its job of taking them away which I am grateful for. I have recently realized I have been getting panic attacks a week before my period and I am not sure if it is because of the birth control or just me."

20 yrs. old (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 7, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "This pill made me have 2 full cycles each month. With lots of cramping. NOT an equivalent generic."

A Californian (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 22, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I was on Marlissa for over 6 months and loved it - my periods were regulated, no weight gain, no acne, boobs grew. And I didn't even take it at exactly the time I was supposed to every night! My only con is that my sex drive has greatly declined :( but luckily I have an amazing boyfriend to counteract that! I would definitely recommend this birth control. I had to switch this week to Portia sadly... so we shall see how this one goes."

AG42092 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 2, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "This birth control worked in the sense that it prevents pregnancy however I suffered from horrible side effects. I had never struggled with bad acne before but I began getting cysts around my jawline and breakout on my cheeks (which I never got before). Not sure about any other side effects. I didn't pay much attention to that because my face was my main concern. I took this for 3 months and I ended up switching to a different pill."

nicoleb123 September 15, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

More about Marlissa (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel)

Other brands: Aviane, Alesse, Seasonique, Lutera, ... +38 more