User Reviews for Marlissa

Marlissa Rating Summary

4.0/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 268 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Marlissa to treat Birth Control

"Had the most awful experience with Marlissa. Took it every day at the same time and the first week was fine. Noticed boobs got larger, but not painful. Second week and I started getting gassy. I'm a very healthy, fit, slim 34 year old female who eats a vegetarian diet. I don't know this problem at all. Third week and the bloating got so severe that I couldn't work out anymore, the pain from the pressure made me scream when I tried to push on the toilet, I became sick to my stomach and threw up several times a day. I missed days at work, couldn't eat anything anymore, even drinking water caused me to throw up. My blood pressure was so low that I had to stay in bed or I would have passed out. Immediately stopped taking it, but symptoms persisted for two more days. Absolutely horrible!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 24, 2018

"I was on Marlissa for 6 months . I originally started taking it because I had very heavy periods and I also became sexually active. Overall, it did its job. My periods became super light and it did protect me against pregnancy. However the side effects were terrible. I was sick to my stomach for the first couple days of a new pack every month, my cramps got worse instead of better, my mood would constantly change, and there would be random months where my face would totally break out. I just changed to Apri and so far it's been better."

Jay1201 October 16, 2017

"I've been taking this for 3 weeks and it's HORRIBLE. I recently just got diagnosed with polycystic ovarian syndrome, and I have new insurance so my doctor recommended this. The only thing it has done for me, is give me acne. It's made my skin worse. I was taking levora since I was 19, because I always had irregular periods, but it's because I had PCOS this whole time. I'm now 27, and my skin was always phenomenal when I was on levora. I Never gained weight and levora maintained everything perfectly. Now I have pimples every day, and if one heals I'll get 2-3 more, by the time it's healed. I haven't noticed any change in my weight even though, I do workout 4 days a week and watch what I eat."

Anonymous October 13, 2017

"Something has changed in the formulation of this drug. I developed a rash which looked like giant hives after starting a pack and into the 3rd day. I thought it was unrelated but then it happened again when I started a second pack. I have changed to another brand and had no problems."

Marlissa hives September 16, 2017

"I started on this a while ago. It was wonderful actually I never had problems getting my period on time, it always works and my cramps weren't bothering me. I moved and my pharmacy gave me Levora- same amount of active hormones but, Levora gave me god awful cramps all times of the month, made me miss my period for a month at a time, get 2 periods a month and sometimes just get it in the middle of the cycle. Marlissa doesn't give me that issue at all- I am so happy to be back on it again! There's a reason why there are so many types and brands, everyone's body will respond completely different"

Chelseabergstresser (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 9, 2017

"I started taking Marlissa about 5 months ago and when I first started taking it it took about a month for me to adjust. I had mood swings, worsened anxiety and depression, and I was tired all the time. The pros of this pill were decreased acne and my boobs got bigger! My period is also now 3 days instead of 7 and I have basically no cramps. The reason I started taking the pill was because of my extremely painful cramps and it did its job of taking them away which I am grateful for. I have recently realized I have been getting panic attacks a week before my period and I am not sure if it is because of the birth control or just me."

20 yrs. old (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 7, 2017

"This pill made me have 2 full cycles each month. With lots of cramping. NOT an equivalent generic."

A Californian (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 22, 2016

"I was on Marlissa for over 6 months and loved it - my periods were regulated, no weight gain, no acne, boobs grew. And I didn't even take it at exactly the time I was supposed to every night! My only con is that my sex drive has greatly declined :( but luckily I have an amazing boyfriend to counteract that! I would definitely recommend this birth control. I had to switch this week to Portia sadly... so we shall see how this one goes."

AG42092 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 2, 2016

"This birth control worked in the sense that it prevents pregnancy however I suffered from horrible side effects. I had never struggled with bad acne before but I began getting cysts around my jawline and breakout on my cheeks (which I never got before). Not sure about any other side effects. I didn't pay much attention to that because my face was my main concern. I took this for 3 months and I ended up switching to a different pill."

nicoleb123 September 15, 2015