User Reviews for Chateal EQ

Birth Control 3.4

Reviews for Chateal EQ

notcoolman · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 3, 2020

For Birth Control: “This was the first birth control pack I ever tried. I was under 18 at the time and at first everything seemed to be ok. The only thing that I noticed was a decreased sex drive and lack of emotions. Then after six months of being on it, it suddenly became unbearable. I developed headaches, cloudy thoughts, hot flashes, weird muscle spasms, severe fatigue, no appetite, and CONSTANT nausea. The whole ordeal was probably the worst experience I’ve had in my life thus far. Even a year later I still feel like this pill messed me up pretty bad.”

Maya · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 28, 2020

For Birth Control: “First BC I’ve ever loved! Positives:• no added weight gain. I am smaller framed. •didn’t change my sex drive •haven’t gotten pregnant with partner and he always finishes inside •no positive or negative effect on skin •periods come at the same time every month. I was so irregular before •shaves a day to two days off of my previous 7 day cycle. Negatives/side effects • experienced some nausea when I first began taking it. 30 mins after taking the pill I noticed I would get a lil hot and nauseated. But after a while I no longer experienced that. • I’m a lil more emotional. Doesn’t take much to get the water works going. • I feel slightly more fatigued and will sleep more. I combat this with eating small pieces of raw young ginger to spice myself awake. Overall it’s been great for me. I’ve been taking it for almost 2 years. Previously I tried the depo shot which was so bad and made me bleed nonstop for months.”

Rhi · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 9, 2020

For Birth Control: “I’ve been on this birth control for about six months. I take birth control as a way to get rid of my periods- they are very heavy, I pass clots the entire length of my period, they last seven days every time, and I experience cramps 5/7 days. This birth control got rid of my period which has been AMAZING, but in turn made me very emotional and gave me more acne than I’ve ever had in my life. I’m 24 years old and sometimes it feels like I’m going through puberty all over again! My libido is the lowest it’s ever been, and overall I haven’t had a great experience with this birth control. Will be discontinuing.”

B · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 30, 2020

For Birth Control: “I started this six months ago and I thought it was a decent birth control until, I had uncontrollable acne, as an adult. I thought it had been my diet or skincare, after investing hundreds of dollars into my skin, I realized it was my Chateal birth control. Also, you will get I had very painful cramps on this pill. I would not recommend at all!”

Kathryn · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 14, 2020

“At the beginning of taking this pill I felt really nauseous, bloated, and hormonal. But, after a few weeks I started feeling better through waiting out the symptoms. This helped me a lot it instantly stopped the 3 month long period I had and I felt less emotional when this pill stopped my long 3 month period. Before taking this pill I felt sluggish, lost a lot of blood, and had terrible premenstrual/period symptoms. The only side effects I have right at the moment(been on it 4 months) terrible breast pain and can get dry down there (if ya know what I mean) so I have to use vaginal cream which is eh. but overall feel better.”

R.W · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 25, 2020

For Birth Control: “I have been on this pill Chateal EQ since November and I absolutely hate it. I have had no periods up until this month (March) - and now mid pill pack I have heavy breakthrough bleeding. My sex drive is gone completely and my vagina is very dry all the time. My nose has been stuffy since the week I began this pill. My breasts are slightly bigger but not worth the acne I now have in my 30s (never had acne before). The first two months gave me very deep painful pimples , now I get small breakouts on my face and shoulders. I am very irritable and emotional and my energy level is very low. I will be discontinuing this pill.”

k · Taken for less than 1 month December 14, 2019

For Birth Control: “I’ve only had two side effects so far, one being bloated. It sucks sometimes because I feel fat but it’s manageable. However, the second side effect I get is acne. I literally get two pimples everyday. I had pretty clear skin, enough to be comfortable with makeup, but now, NO WAY! I only took if for two weeks to realize that it was causing my acne. My friend is on this birth control pill and experience mood swings, which I also had, and being bloated. but she had no acne. Definitely didn't like this pill at all”

Xialsamo December 8, 2019

For Birth Control: “I do not recommend those pills . When I started taking them I started having uncontrollable acne, irritation and headache. I feel so bad about acne.”

raviolioli · Taken for less than 1 month November 28, 2019

For Birth Control: “This is the fourth birth control brand I’ve used. I started taking it in order to regulate my periods, and control my acne. My acne was annoying but nothing cystic or necessarily painful. A week into taking it, my skin was a disgusting and painful mess of cysts all over my forehead, chin and cheeks. I also became very irrationally angry and extremely emotional. I’ve never had side effects this severe and this suddenly. I do not recommend this pill.”

branddl · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 7, 2019

For Birth Control: “I was taking Chateal for a year and it was perfect, no side effects. it was just as if I wasn’t taking anything then I ran out and had to go pick up some new ones and they asked me if I wanted the same pill and obviously I said yes but they gave me Chateal EQ and it was very different. I felt tired and very moody. Chateal and Chateal EQ are the same drugs and same strength and are sold under the label Afaxys Pharma, But they are manufactured by different companies Chateal is manufactured by Mylan Laboratories Limited and Chateal EQ are manufactured by Aurobindo Pharma Limited ?”

Elvine August 14, 2019

For Birth Control: “Almost a year ago, switched to Chateal. It's really hard to tell if it was good or bad. Generally, it was fine: I had sex drive, never had any major issues, my periods got much lighter, although not shorter (a week exactly). So it wasn't bad at all. At the same time, for the past 6 months I was constantly struggling with cytolitic vaginosis. It would leave me dry, cause irritation inside to the point I couldn't have sex for days, give me some not-terrible-but excessive discharge. I decided to switch because at a certain point, I lost sex drive, got pretty depressed (I definitely had reasons to be so, but not to this extend). My nipples would get SO sensitive that I couldn't even accidentally lightly touch them. That's where I decided to switch to a lower dose of hormones, and so far so good. For me it was not a bad birth control. It was mostly smooth. I guess you should just always keep in mind that it can change at any point, and you will need to switch.”

Lisa · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 22, 2019

For Birth Control: “I’ve been on three different types of birth control. The first one was the “mini-pill” and that left me immense side effects, such as continuous discharge, and bleeding during sex. I then switched to the combined pill, but the doctor gave me a low dosage. After raising my concerns once again, the doctor prescribed me Chateau EQ. I have been using it for 6 months now and it has been a wonderful experience. I get my period (Or withdrawal bleeding) two days going to into placebo week and they last up to the first or second day of the new package. The only side effect I have has was an increase in breast size. I highly recommend this pill if you have irregular periods, because the pill helps regulate it.”

Sage · Taken for less than 1 month April 11, 2019

For Birth Control: “The negative reviews are real! BEWARE OF THIS. Started taking it a week ago. Made me EXTREMELY tired and NAUSEOUS. Mild headaches, slightly blurred vision, muscle pain like when you have the flu and pain around uterus. I would NEVER recommend this product.”

More about Chateal EQ (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel)

Other brands: Alesse, Seasonique, Aviane, Lessina, ... +25 more