User Reviews for Chateal EQ to treat Birth Control

Chateal EQ has an average rating of 3.2 out of 10 from a total of 29 ratings for the treatment of Birth Control. 10% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 69% reported a negative effect.

Chateal EQ Rating Summary

3.2/10 average rating

Compare all 278 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Chateal EQ

Maya · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 28, 2020

“First BC I’ve ever loved! Positives:• no added weight gain. I am smaller framed. •didn’t change my sex drive •haven’t gotten pregnant with partner and he always finishes inside •no positive or negative effect on skin •periods come at the same time every month. I was so irregular before •shaves a day to two days off of my previous 7 day cycle. Negatives/side effects • experienced some nausea when I first began taking it. 30 mins after taking the pill I noticed I would get a lil hot and nauseated. But after a while I no longer experienced that. • I’m a lil more emotional. Doesn’t take much to get the water works going. • I feel slightly more fatigued and will sleep more. I combat this with eating small pieces of raw young ginger to spice myself awake. Overall it’s been great for me. I’ve been taking it for almost 2 years. Previously I tried the depo shot which was so bad and made me bleed nonstop for months.”

charisma · Taken for 2 to 5 years October 18, 2021

“The first and only birth control I was prescribed but it has honestly worked very well for me! I really have liked this birth control, mood swings have been a bit challenging but I think I just have a bad temper. The one thing I would say is a little odd is every time I finish a pack, I get a mild yeast infection for about two to four days every time. I have not looked into why, every time I’ve gone to the doctor they’ve told me it’s just my body naturally but it’s an odd pattern. Other than that, I don’t get any bad side effects. I really enjoy this birth control.”

Ally · Taken for less than 1 month October 7, 2020

“I’ve been on this birth control Chateal EQ for not even 2 weeks and it’s been awful. I’ve been getting hot flashes and nauseous. I didn’t inform myself about this pill at all and I wish I did. I’ve also been feeling pretty numb/empty since I started taking it but it seems as if yesterday the angry mood swings are starting. I already struggle with depression and anxiety as it is so I don’t know if I’m going to continue with this pill. Hopefully after a few months it’ll go away”

branddl · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 7, 2019

“I was taking Chateal for a year and it was perfect, no side effects. it was just as if I wasn’t taking anything then I ran out and had to go pick up some new ones and they asked me if I wanted the same pill and obviously I said yes but they gave me Chateal EQ and it was very different. I felt tired and very moody. Chateal and Chateal EQ are the same drugs and same strength and are sold under the label Afaxys Pharma, But they are manufactured by different companies Chateal is manufactured by Mylan Laboratories Limited and Chateal EQ are manufactured by Aurobindo Pharma Limited ?”

Alissa · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 19, 2021

“I got this Chateal EQ birth control at my local planned parenthood and it made me break out SO BAD. I have never had any issues with acne before I started taking this birth control. It made me nauseous the first couple weeks but then subsided. I have trouble putting on weight, but this bc made me gain about 8lbs in the first 2 months then stopped. My sex drive was non-existent, and I was dryer than a desert even when aroused. My perineum became very sensitive and I would get micro cuts. I already deal with anxiety, but after reading these reviews I felt like it could’ve made my anxiety worse, and was also the cause to my vaginal irritation. I would find myself overthinking and crying more than usual, and my discharge was always off.”

Katie · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 27, 2020

“I started taking this birth control 4 months ago and ever since I started I’ve had extreme depression and anxiety.. nothing is exciting to me anymore I felt very empty and sad. Also it gave me literally no sex drive and it’s really hard for me to get wet. I’ve never felt worse.”

Sage · Taken for less than 1 month April 11, 2019

“The negative reviews are real! BEWARE OF THIS. Started taking it a week ago. Made me EXTREMELY tired and NAUSEOUS. Mild headaches, slightly blurred vision, muscle pain like when you have the flu and pain around uterus. I would NEVER recommend this product.”

Katrik · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 23, 2021

“I've been taking this for just over 4 months. Finally had enough and changed what I'm taking today. Pros... my boobs went up a size in the first month so that was interesting and I haven't gotten pregnant. All the rest of my side effects were/are cons. I have been dreadfully tired. To the point where I am taking naps whenever I can. I am not a napper so it's weird. Also, I've had pretty bad headaches constantly (may or may not be related but matches the timeline) I have gained 10+lbs and my hunger is all over the place. I also keep getting angry super fast over the dumbest things. Not like punch a wall angry but like frustrated where I raise my voice and go on a rant. Another thing... IDK how it made my acne worse. Like cystic and tons of forehead acne.”

raviolioli · Taken for less than 1 month November 28, 2019

“This is the fourth birth control brand I’ve used. I started taking it in order to regulate my periods, and control my acne. My acne was annoying but nothing cystic or necessarily painful. A week into taking it, my skin was a disgusting and painful mess of cysts all over my forehead, chin and cheeks. I also became very irrationally angry and extremely emotional. I’ve never had side effects this severe and this suddenly. I do not recommend this pill.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 5, 2020

“PLEASE if your doctor recommends this birth control Chateal EQ, DO NOT accept it. This is the worst birth control I have ever been on. It has caused me to cry constantly, suicidal thoughts, my depression is through the roof now. It has caused vaginal irritation, bad cramping. I will stop taking this birth control today and will just go back to the injection. Even though I gained a few pounds on it, I would rather deal with a little weight gain than what Chateal Eq has done to me.”

Bbb15 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 18, 2021

“Had my copper IUD ripped out of me then was put on this. I gained 30 pounds taking this after month four. 140 lbs to 170. I’m not fat or untoned, but added on some weight. Made my breasts go from a small B cup to a D. I developed a gut and it cleared what little acne I had up pretty good. I swear my hips got wider, but I also just turned 18. Controlled my mood swings from BPD crazy to mild. I’m a water polo player and I gained 30 pounds taking this. The first month I started taking it I ate so much, but it felt like I had to and I was never full. The first three months my vaginal area during intercourse was so dry I cried because it wouldn’t get lubricated. I have the biggest gut now and I used to have abs and a v-line. I think the hormones made the gut.”

B · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 30, 2020

“I started this six months ago and I thought it was a decent birth control until, I had uncontrollable acne, as an adult. I thought it had been my diet or skincare, after investing hundreds of dollars into my skin, I realized it was my Chateal birth control. Also, you will get I had very painful cramps on this pill. I would not recommend at all!”

sally · Taken for 2 to 5 years April 15, 2021

“So I thought I loved this BC. No side effects physically except slight nausea when I started taking it. Then for 3 months I was off it, just because I hadn't made had an annual and gone and picked it up. I realized I'm a DIFFERENT person!! I had been on in for 5 years and thought I was naturally a depressed sad person. Wow was I wrong! This birth control was making so depressed and anxious and I didn't even realize it till I stopped taking it. The three months off it I was so happy and carefree and less anxious”

Holly · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 17, 2021

“I didn't realize this pill gave me depression and anxiety until I ran out and stopped taking them. I can't believe I was on it for an entire year and thought it was just the pandemic that made me depressed. I was off of it for about 2 weeks because I was waiting to get a new prescription. After a week off the pill, I actually felt normal, motivated, not as moody and my sex drive went back up. I got a new pill pack 5 days ago and my depression symptoms are back. If your planned parenthood provider recommends this, ASK FOR SOMETHING ELSE!!”

Aurora678 · Taken for less than 1 month January 16, 2021

“I've been prescribed this brand of birth control by my local planned parenthood. This is my first time using birth control pills. I have been on this pill for about 2 weeks now. I have not had many side effects other than nausea and tender breasts. I may wait a while before switching to a different brand if these side effects continue. I am usually very nauseous during the night and have hot flashes as well. If you are first starting birth control do research and discuss the brands and type of birth control that will work best for you with you provider before deciding. I wish I had done more research on this brand. If you go to a planned parenthood make sure to discuss all your options before purchasing a birth control method this is very important and I wish I had done more research before purchasing this brand of birth control.”

Boo B · Taken for 6 months to 1 year December 3, 2020

“So I’ve been taking this birth control since May 2020 and in the beginning it worked fine with no symptoms. I have recently noticed irritation and discharge (vaginal) so I went to the obgyn to see if I had an infection. It came back negative for yeast infection, BV, etc.. Needless to say I believe it’s the birth control and I will be discontinuing once I find another birth control. Sad part is I’ve tried the IUD with no success. I hope this helps anyone who maybe experiencing similar symptoms.”

DC September 29, 2020

“I was on Chateal Eq for 9 mo. and it made me worse in every way possible. It made me so bad I was convinced I had PMDD as I was binging a lot, very depressed, anxious, suicidal, crying spells, low confidence, I dissociated, felt numb, extreme random anger and more for about 2 weeks every month before my period. OH, and also I threw up every day for 3 months I had to be extremely careful with how much or how little I ate or else I'd vomit. I'm a college student who takes academics seriously, but it got so bad it started affecting my grades & class attendance. The only thing it did right was prevent pregnancy. Seriously, this birth control was so bad I had to go to therapy to understand what was going on & the moment I did I immediately stopped taking it got a non-hormonal IUD & have gradually started feeling waaay better. Please keep track of your monthly symptoms & get help if you notice changes similar to mine, it was a very scary & dark time.”

notcoolman · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 3, 2020

“This was the first birth control pack I ever tried. I was under 18 at the time and at first everything seemed to be ok. The only thing that I noticed was a decreased sex drive and lack of emotions. Then after six months of being on it, it suddenly became unbearable. I developed headaches, cloudy thoughts, hot flashes, weird muscle spasms, severe fatigue, no appetite, and CONSTANT nausea. The whole ordeal was probably the worst experience I’ve had in my life thus far. Even a year later I still feel like this pill messed me up pretty bad.”

J.M. · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 10, 2020

“I got this drug Chateal EQ from a Planned Parenthood and I wish I'd never started it. The first month of taking it, I had the worst migraines I've ever had, all the while symptoms of depression and anxiety slowly crept up to me. I have a past of the aforementioned mental health conditions, but now 8 months into taking this drug, they have spiraled out of control to the point of suicidal thoughts and putting my current relationship in jeopardy. The anxiety is ruining my life. Although it's done its job of preventing pregnancy as intended and gave me slightly larger breasts, it is not worth the pain it has put me through. This is the last pack that I will be taking. I am done with these awful pills.”

k · Taken for less than 1 month December 14, 2019

“I’ve only had two side effects so far, one being bloated. It sucks sometimes because I feel fat but it’s manageable. However, the second side effect I get is acne. I literally get two pimples everyday. I had pretty clear skin, enough to be comfortable with makeup, but now, NO WAY! I only took if for two weeks to realize that it was causing my acne. My friend is on this birth control pill and experience mood swings, which I also had, and being bloated. but she had no acne. Definitely didn't like this pill at all”

Lisa · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 22, 2019

“I’ve been on three different types of birth control. The first one was the “mini-pill” and that left me immense side effects, such as continuous discharge, and bleeding during sex. I then switched to the combined pill, but the doctor gave me a low dosage. After raising my concerns once again, the doctor prescribed me Chateau EQ. I have been using it for 6 months now and it has been a wonderful experience. I get my period (Or withdrawal bleeding) two days going to into placebo week and they last up to the first or second day of the new package. The only side effect I have has was an increase in breast size. I highly recommend this pill if you have irregular periods, because the pill helps regulate it.”

Rhi · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 9, 2020

“I’ve been on this birth control for about six months. I take birth control as a way to get rid of my periods- they are very heavy, I pass clots the entire length of my period, they last seven days every time, and I experience cramps 5/7 days. This birth control got rid of my period which has been AMAZING, but in turn made me very emotional and gave me more acne than I’ve ever had in my life. I’m 24 years old and sometimes it feels like I’m going through puberty all over again! My libido is the lowest it’s ever been, and overall I haven’t had a great experience with this birth control. Will be discontinuing.”

Elvine August 14, 2019

“Almost a year ago, switched to Chateal. It's really hard to tell if it was good or bad. Generally, it was fine: I had sex drive, never had any major issues, my periods got much lighter, although not shorter (a week exactly). So it wasn't bad at all. At the same time, for the past 6 months I was constantly struggling with cytolitic vaginosis. It would leave me dry, cause irritation inside to the point I couldn't have sex for days, give me some not-terrible-but excessive discharge. I decided to switch because at a certain point, I lost sex drive, got pretty depressed (I definitely had reasons to be so, but not to this extend). My nipples would get SO sensitive that I couldn't even accidentally lightly touch them. That's where I decided to switch to a lower dose of hormones, and so far so good. For me it was not a bad birth control. It was mostly smooth. I guess you should just always keep in mind that it can change at any point, and you will need to switch.”

Michelle · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 5, 2020

“I started taking this birth control Chateal EQ for about a year taking about a month of a break from it in between every 5 months. Initially I noticed some symptoms of heightened anxiety, and fatigue, I started having shorter periods and less cramps during my menstruation which was great but I started noticing after about 2-3 months of using it I was having severe moodiness like depression, anxiety, and short temper. Once I got off of the pill I felt like myself again. This was my personal experience with this pill and it might not be the same for everyone”

R.W · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 25, 2020

“I have been on this pill Chateal EQ since November and I absolutely hate it. I have had no periods up until this month (March) - and now mid pill pack I have heavy breakthrough bleeding. My sex drive is gone completely and my vagina is very dry all the time. My nose has been stuffy since the week I began this pill. My breasts are slightly bigger but not worth the acne I now have in my 30s (never had acne before). The first two months gave me very deep painful pimples , now I get small breakouts on my face and shoulders. I am very irritable and emotional and my energy level is very low. I will be discontinuing this pill.”

More about Chateal EQ (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel)

Other brands