User Reviews for Aubra to treat Birth Control (Page 4)

Aubra Rating Summary

5.5/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 276 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Aubra

"This was the first form of BC I have used and it has been an awful experience for me. It has killed my sex drive (I’m 18), caused dryness, made my boobs smaller, and worst of all worsened my depression which has negatively affected my relationship as if the others weren’t enough. The only reason I gave it 1 rating is because I haven’t gotten pregnant. Not sure if I should just drop it or wait til I’m finished with this pack but I am definitely switching soon."

SappyWappy October 7, 2017

"I was on Loestrin/ LoMedia for close to 10 years, never had an issue, never had bad periods with it (my periods before BC were debilitating, I would always get sick and have heavy long periods with death cramps). I had to switch to Aubra because my hospital kept getting back ordered months on Loestrin. Aubra is supposed to be of similar formulation, the progesterone component is a different chemical than I'm used to though, despite it being the same micrograms. I'm on week 3 of active pills, and on a heavy period that started 4 days ago. Have had painful cramps and back pain since I started it. Still have the mild cramps, but bad back pain. Hate these pills, miss my old ones. Granted, I am getting older, maybe that has something to do with."

TB Shelley September 26, 2017

"Made me so nauseous"

Anonymous September 18, 2017

"Just finishing up my 2nd pack just got my period after being two months late. I had a little spotting Saturday no pain Sunday little more blood severe pain like never before. Monday back pain was insane and my cramps hurt so bad I ended up in the ER. Today is day 3 and my cramps a horrible as well as back pain. I read comments its just your body adjusting but man I have never had this pain before its the absolute worse! First 2 weeks I took mine everyday at 7:30am I notice it made me so nauseous like never before so I now I take it everyday at 11:30 after I have eaten food and that really helped. I will say it did control my acne and it does make me eat a little bit more than usual however my cramps are so bad I'm thinking of getting off them"

juliana1234 September 13, 2017

"No weight Gain. Actually lost weigh because this pill made my appetite smaller and I get full faster. No acne just broke out little bumps along jaw line but no one can notice except me. I crazy mood swings or depression like I got on other birth control pills. Regular period, no pain. First day light cramps that's it. No spotting. Happy with this pill. Almost on my third pack."

Nataliaaaaaa (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 23, 2017

" I am fully aware that every body reacts differently to the same medication so take any birth control review with a grain of salt. I am currently on my third pack and it has been better than expected. It was my first brand of birth control that I had ever used, and I was very nervous. I tried to do plenty of research to find the best option, and I am very glad I selected this one. Here's a brief run down of what happened to me. Back acne went away, face acne still remains but was not worsened, moody for the first pack and now I'm back to my regular self, period became incredibly light about two-three days of light bleeding, and most importantly - I'm not pregnant!"

Grace123454321 August 23, 2017

"Okay, I would like to start off by saying that everybody's body is different and everyone reacts to things differently. Personally, I really like this birth control! I have always had an irregular period like I could literally go months without having a period and this fixed that and on top of that it has made me skin so much more clear than it already was and I'm not pregnant so that's all good! I didn't experience any weight gain, I did have some mood swings but that's basically it. so 10/10 would recommend."

randomanon August 18, 2017

"This pill gave me the worst acne I have ever experienced. I never really had skin problems until I began taking this. I have been on it for 3 months and it has not gotten any better. The only thing this is good for is pregnancy prevention. I'm switching brands because my skin looks terrible from this."

K89000999 August 15, 2017

"I've been on this pill for several years & Microgestin before that- - no problems at all with either."

S* August 15, 2017

"I absolutelllly loved this BC. The first one I went on (probably the last too) and it's done wonders. I haven't gotten pregnant (woo!) & it cleared up all my acne! I have naturally very oily skin & break out right before I get my period, but on Aubra those annoying whiteheads went away. When I first started taking it I found myself hungrier than usual & with an increased appetite, and I gained almost 10 lbs, but after the first few months my appetite curbed and went back to normal & I lost the weight. My boobs grew slightly and it helped regulate my period. My friend was also on Aubra but had to switch because it made her gain a lottttt of weight. Everyone's body reacts differently, but personally Aubra worked for me :^))"

AloeZam July 30, 2017

"If I could rate Aubra as a 0, I would! Once I got on this medication I didn't really feel that many symptoms, EXCEPT for my mood swings. I started to cry about little things and it started to become a big issue in my relationship. I felt like I was going crazy because there would be times I would get mad at him for the most random & unnecessary things. I've been on this for 4 months now & one tip for you ladies: if you feel like you can overcome the depression and crazy mood swings, it is best to be safe and just get off of it. There have been many times I felt, "ok I can try again this time and try to make changes" but to be honest, easier said than done. I'm mid pack right now so I'm getting off once it's done. Hope to find a better brand!"

Maaary_L1087 July 26, 2017

"This is the first birth control that I have tried, I have no problems with it at all . No weight gain , mild mood swings , helps with acne ( keeps my skin super clear ) although I'll get a occasional pimple here or there. PMS symptoms are very mild too . I would recommend if it's your first time on birth control, try it and if you don't like it, move on to a different one ."

Sammie_booklover (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 24, 2017

"I started this pill, because for whatever reason, I had a menstrual period for over a month. This awful pill slowed it down, but I'm still bleeding, almost 2 months now. I have AWFUL migraines, acne, gained weight, TERRIBLE mood swings, and the worst cramps. I need off this ASAP."

BrookeRGV July 17, 2017

"I have been on Aubra for 1yr. This is my 2nd form of BC. 1st was implanon, had it for 2 months, couldn't deal with the spotting/crazy period. I haven't noticed any HUGE side effects on Aubra but there are some. I gained 10 lbs. My breasts feel sore the week before/the week of my period. I get minor mood swings/some depression, but nothing extreme. I break out a few days before my period, but I already had that problem previous to taking the pill. Sex drive remained as high as always. Head aches from time to time that I used to not get. No more severe cramps and my period is light flow and it only lasts 3/4 days, used to be heavy lasting 6 days. I am not pregnant so far so its worked. I have read it causes hyperpigmentation which I have above my brow"

CsillaJane (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 13, 2017

"Horrible BC. I have never in my life experienced any skin problems, but once I got on this pill I had pimples all over my face. I got my period almost twice a month and a lot of spotting. Also had mood swings on it. At least my cramps stopped and breast tenderness stopped but other than that HORRIBLE!"

Jbsj (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 6, 2017

"Horrible side effects! I'm super moody, terrible acne, mild to excruciating cramp pain, I'm having outburst at work, and crying myself to sleep.. just stay away from this. All birth controls are bad but this one tops the cake."

Texas resident July 5, 2017

"This is my first birth control ever and I really love it, I used to have a horrible period and break out very very bad. I have cleared and my period is much lighter and shorter. It seems like for this to be a persons first birth control it works fine."

Ali's (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 30, 2017

"The only good thing about this pill is pregnancy prevention. I found myself way more irritable on this BC then I've ever been my entire life, anxious to the point of debilitation. Kills your sex drive."

Don't take (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 30, 2017

"I like this birth control. I hardly ever get cramps on it and I don't really get any side effects on it. Also my boobs got bigger, which my boyfriend likes. I've always had clear skin and that's stayed the same on this pill."

FlowerChild92 June 29, 2017

"Do yourself a huge favor and stay away from this pill. I read all the terrible reviews and still went for it. I was previously on Microgestion for 6 months, it did me wonderful. When it came time to get my new packs, Planned Parenthood supposedly didn't carry it anymore. I was told Aubra was the exact same thing and wouldn't affect me differently. What a lie that was. Two weeks into my pack and I got my period again for the month. Third week and I'm having terrible cramps accompanied with more bleeding. My appetite has changed, I'm not eating much. Grateful I haven't experienced acne, mood changes, nausea or headaches. But don't even wanna chance it. Contemplating if I should throw out the pack or finish and just drop. DON'T RECOMMEND!!!!!!!!"

ohNAhAubra (taken for less than 1 month) June 26, 2017

"First time on birth control (bc) and I am relieved to not have had any major side effects after taking this bc for a month now. The first day I took it I felt a little nauseous but switched to taking it before bed and now don't feel anything (even if I forgot the night before & have to take it in the middle of the day) I did get two pretty big pimples the first week but no physical changes besides that. I THINK I'm on my period now (end of first pack) but very very light bleeding & no cramps."

Kiki Inez June 22, 2017

"I experienced little to no side effects on this birth control. I did experience some spotting and nausea when I first began, but that subsided after a few days. I began to feel very nauseous during my first non-hormone week (which I confused as morning sickness), so be aware of that. I had acne before starting, and Aubra neither cleared this nor worsened my skin. Overall, very effective and a great choice!"

Kookaburra22 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 16, 2017

"Okay, so I thought the side effects would leave, but I'm nearing the end of my second pack and they've not gotten any better. My first period on the pill (aside from when I started) came four days early, had worse pain than any of them before, my menstrual flow had tissue in it, I could barely eat, I threw up, and had to sleep constantly because I was so weak and lightheaded. I'm hoping the next one is better, but if it's not, I'm going to have to switch. I'm nauseous, fatigued, and get cramps constantly. I'd say a pro is that I'm not pregnant, but I don't even have sex, so.. I got on Aubra to stabilize my cycle and reduce the effects on me every period (I've missed school because of it), but it hasn't done anything good for me yet."

Snerson June 12, 2017

"Honestly I have had no issues with this birth control. Obviously birth control is different for each individual but for me this has been perfect. My period is regular and light, I have not gained weight, my boobs have grown and are firmer and my skin is perfectly clear nowadays. I would definitely recommend based on my experience."

Anonymous June 6, 2017

"I was very skeptical about this pill, however, after taking this for three weeks, I feel great. No side effects whatsoever! I am glad I took this courageous step."

agarioshariff June 6, 2017