User Reviews for Aubra to treat Birth Control (Page 4)

Aubra Rating Summary

5.5/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 277 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Aubra

wildone270 · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 11, 2017

"On my second month and period is light to non existent!! Only PMS I had was slight cramping and nausea. I've never been on the pill before but this has been a true blessing. Sex drive seems to be normal as a a lot of people say otherwise. Lost 3 lbs so far not sure if that is pill or not though. Do seem to be very gassy though and wasn't before starting. Hope to be able to get this for years."

cxxscsdxs · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 6, 2017

"I've been on this pill twice. I started it when I was 17, it took it for a year and I LOVED it. This was the first birth control I ever tried. It made my period significantly lighter. I had no PMS when I was on this pill, before I had horrible PMS. I also lost weight on this pill (about 20 pounds) I believe the pill made my appetite a lot smaller which is a good thing. At this time though, I was still a virgin. I got the Paragard IUD a year later because I was tired of taking a pill everyday. I had a horrible experience with Paragard so went back to this pill. It’s still great. I pretty much don’t have a period now except very light bleeding for a day or two.I have all natural sex with my boyfriend once or twice a week and I've yet to get pregnant."

LILOM December 4, 2017

"I HATE THIS BIRTH CONTROL. First month if taking it and my face completely broke out like I've never broken out before. My depression and anxiety was off the charts, also I had low sex drive. I was not happy with this. Don't take this BC you'll regret it!"

Batalia · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 11, 2017

"Terrible birth control for me. First three months were great. No acne, no mood swings. Lost 7 lbs. Now on my 5th month. But here now I’m so depressed, anxiety ridden, have acne all over my face and behind my ears! My hair has thinned out! Do not recommend this! Not sure why the first three months were great and then went terrible."

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 31, 2017

"I would not recommend this what so ever. I’ve been taking this for about 2 months and I’ve never experienced this type of depression or loss of motivation. Ever since starting Aubra I’ve woken up 5/7 days of the week with a headache and absolutely no ambition to get out of bed. Acne has never been this bad either. Do not take. I can’t wait to get off this."

La'Chay October 30, 2017

"This is the worse birth control method to take especially if you have depression. I took this pill for 6 months and had nothing but breakthrough bleeding and even worse depression symptoms.. I most definitely wouldn't recommend"

SappyWappy October 7, 2017

"This was the first form of BC I have used and it has been an awful experience for me. It has killed my sex drive (I’m 18), caused dryness, made my boobs smaller, and worst of all worsened my depression which has negatively affected my relationship as if the others weren’t enough. The only reason I gave it 1 rating is because I haven’t gotten pregnant. Not sure if I should just drop it or wait til I’m finished with this pack but I am definitely switching soon."

TB Shelley September 26, 2017

"I was on Loestrin/ LoMedia for close to 10 years, never had an issue, never had bad periods with it (my periods before BC were debilitating, I would always get sick and have heavy long periods with death cramps). I had to switch to Aubra because my hospital kept getting back ordered months on Loestrin. Aubra is supposed to be of similar formulation, the progesterone component is a different chemical than I'm used to though, despite it being the same micrograms. I'm on week 3 of active pills, and on a heavy period that started 4 days ago. Have had painful cramps and back pain since I started it. Still have the mild cramps, but bad back pain. Hate these pills, miss my old ones. Granted, I am getting older, maybe that has something to do with."

Anonymous September 18, 2017

"Made me so nauseous"

juliana1234 September 13, 2017

"Just finishing up my 2nd pack just got my period after being two months late. I had a little spotting Saturday no pain Sunday little more blood severe pain like never before. Monday back pain was insane and my cramps hurt so bad I ended up in the ER. Today is day 3 and my cramps a horrible as well as back pain. I read comments its just your body adjusting but man I have never had this pain before its the absolute worse! First 2 weeks I took mine everyday at 7:30am I notice it made me so nauseous like never before so I now I take it everyday at 11:30 after I have eaten food and that really helped. I will say it did control my acne and it does make me eat a little bit more than usual however my cramps are so bad I'm thinking of getting off them"

Nataliaaaaaa · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 23, 2017

"No weight Gain. Actually lost weigh because this pill made my appetite smaller and I get full faster. No acne just broke out little bumps along jaw line but no one can notice except me. I crazy mood swings or depression like I got on other birth control pills. Regular period, no pain. First day light cramps that's it. No spotting. Happy with this pill. Almost on my third pack."

Grace123454321 August 23, 2017

" I am fully aware that every body reacts differently to the same medication so take any birth control review with a grain of salt. I am currently on my third pack and it has been better than expected. It was my first brand of birth control that I had ever used, and I was very nervous. I tried to do plenty of research to find the best option, and I am very glad I selected this one. Here's a brief run down of what happened to me. Back acne went away, face acne still remains but was not worsened, moody for the first pack and now I'm back to my regular self, period became incredibly light about two-three days of light bleeding, and most importantly - I'm not pregnant!"

randomanon August 18, 2017

"Okay, I would like to start off by saying that everybody's body is different and everyone reacts to things differently. Personally, I really like this birth control! I have always had an irregular period like I could literally go months without having a period and this fixed that and on top of that it has made me skin so much more clear than it already was and I'm not pregnant so that's all good! I didn't experience any weight gain, I did have some mood swings but that's basically it. so 10/10 would recommend."

K89000999 August 15, 2017

"This pill gave me the worst acne I have ever experienced. I never really had skin problems until I began taking this. I have been on it for 3 months and it has not gotten any better. The only thing this is good for is pregnancy prevention. I'm switching brands because my skin looks terrible from this."

S* August 15, 2017

"I've been on this pill for several years & Microgestin before that- - no problems at all with either."

AloeZam July 30, 2017

"I absolutelllly loved this BC. The first one I went on (probably the last too) and it's done wonders. I haven't gotten pregnant (woo!) & it cleared up all my acne! I have naturally very oily skin & break out right before I get my period, but on Aubra those annoying whiteheads went away. When I first started taking it I found myself hungrier than usual & with an increased appetite, and I gained almost 10 lbs, but after the first few months my appetite curbed and went back to normal & I lost the weight. My boobs grew slightly and it helped regulate my period. My friend was also on Aubra but had to switch because it made her gain a lottttt of weight. Everyone's body reacts differently, but personally Aubra worked for me :^))"

Maaary_L1087 July 26, 2017

"If I could rate Aubra as a 0, I would! Once I got on this medication I didn't really feel that many symptoms, EXCEPT for my mood swings. I started to cry about little things and it started to become a big issue in my relationship. I felt like I was going crazy because there would be times I would get mad at him for the most random & unnecessary things. I've been on this for 4 months now & one tip for you ladies: if you feel like you can overcome the depression and crazy mood swings, it is best to be safe and just get off of it. There have been many times I felt, "ok I can try again this time and try to make changes" but to be honest, easier said than done. I'm mid pack right now so I'm getting off once it's done. Hope to find a better brand!"

Sammie_booklover · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 24, 2017

"This is the first birth control that I have tried, I have no problems with it at all . No weight gain , mild mood swings , helps with acne ( keeps my skin super clear ) although I'll get a occasional pimple here or there. PMS symptoms are very mild too . I would recommend if it's your first time on birth control, try it and if you don't like it, move on to a different one ."

BrookeRGV July 17, 2017

"I started this pill, because for whatever reason, I had a menstrual period for over a month. This awful pill slowed it down, but I'm still bleeding, almost 2 months now. I have AWFUL migraines, acne, gained weight, TERRIBLE mood swings, and the worst cramps. I need off this ASAP."

CsillaJane · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 13, 2017

"I have been on Aubra for 1yr. This is my 2nd form of BC. 1st was implanon, had it for 2 months, couldn't deal with the spotting/crazy period. I haven't noticed any HUGE side effects on Aubra but there are some. I gained 10 lbs. My breasts feel sore the week before/the week of my period. I get minor mood swings/some depression, but nothing extreme. I break out a few days before my period, but I already had that problem previous to taking the pill. Sex drive remained as high as always. Head aches from time to time that I used to not get. No more severe cramps and my period is light flow and it only lasts 3/4 days, used to be heavy lasting 6 days. I am not pregnant so far so its worked. I have read it causes hyperpigmentation which I have above my brow"

Jbsj · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 6, 2017

"Horrible BC. I have never in my life experienced any skin problems, but once I got on this pill I had pimples all over my face. I got my period almost twice a month and a lot of spotting. Also had mood swings on it. At least my cramps stopped and breast tenderness stopped but other than that HORRIBLE!"

Texas resident July 5, 2017

"Horrible side effects! I'm super moody, terrible acne, mild to excruciating cramp pain, I'm having outburst at work, and crying myself to sleep.. just stay away from this. All birth controls are bad but this one tops the cake."

Ali's · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 30, 2017

"This is my first birth control ever and I really love it, I used to have a horrible period and break out very very bad. I have cleared and my period is much lighter and shorter. It seems like for this to be a persons first birth control it works fine."

Don't take · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 30, 2017

"The only good thing about this pill is pregnancy prevention. I found myself way more irritable on this BC then I've ever been my entire life, anxious to the point of debilitation. Kills your sex drive."

FlowerChild92 June 29, 2017

"I like this birth control. I hardly ever get cramps on it and I don't really get any side effects on it. Also my boobs got bigger, which my boyfriend likes. I've always had clear skin and that's stayed the same on this pill."