User Reviews for Alesse

4.8

Ovarian Cysts

Summary of Alesse reviews 5.3 160 reviews

Reviews for Alesse

For Birth Control "Switched from the mini pill to Alesse (I had been on it a few year before but not for long) in April 2017. I never missed a pill and was always taken them on time. July 23rd 2017 found out I was pregnant, while taking this pill. December 2017 rolls around and a recall issue is put out for it. So yeah, watch out for that. Pretty sad it didn’t get recalled until December."

Angel (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 14, 2018

For Birth Control "I was on Diane 35 for 10 years. Started getting migraines with Aura so my doctor said I should try Alesse and it could help with the migraines. Only took 2 pills of Alesse to know I couldn’t take it again. I’ve never had such severe migraine auras and had actual migraine pain that spread from the top of my face down to under the cheekbones. I’ve never felt that bad/ unwell in my life. I clearly had some sort of reaction I’m sure it doesn’t happen a lot. I definitely will not be continuing Alesse. I’ll have to figure out what to try next. But just wanted to share my experience in case it might help someone."

Lt1848472 (taken for less than 1 month) May 27, 2018

For Birth Control "Okay so this is the first time I have read these reviews because I was wondering why my sex drive has been unbelievably low and I just figured put it's this birth control. I have been taking It for months. I had extreme nausea anytime I thought about food and I sincerely didn't think it was this birthcontrol but since other women are having the same problem I think I've come to my conclusion. Do not take this birth control. Their website doesn't even have any information on the pill they sell."

Why (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 7, 2018

For Birth Control "I started taking Alesse 2 months ago when my other brand ran out. It has been HORRIBLE. I gained 15 pounds (the most I've ever gained in a short time span) I am horribly moody and I get extremely nauseous about 3 hrs after taking the pill. The nausea lasts for hours too. Even if I take the pill before bed, I feel sick the next morning. I have absolutely NO sex drive since starting, and Im constantly bloated. I do NOT recommend using!"

torontogirl (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 29, 2018

For Birth Control "Worst birth control I have ever taken BY FAR. Took it for 3 months (gave it a fair shot). Broke out in the worst cystic acne of my entire life. Zero sex drive. Prone to sadness. Can't wait to start a new pack of something else. Not for me."

Tiff (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 12, 2018

For Ovarian Cysts "Non stop bleeding for 3 months after having a regular period for 30+ years. Anxiety. depression. Headache, nausea. Increased facial hair, breast size and retained water. Would NEVER recommend. 3 days after I stopped taking it my mental health immediately stabilized but the "breakthrough bleeding" continues. Glad I survived this preposterous experiment . Should be a class action suit!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 10, 2018

For Birth Control "I wish I had read these review before going on this birth control. I was told by my doctor that it would improve my skin, although my reason for going on it was irregularity. I developed a skin rash due to this birth control, which I realized after a long struggle of trying different acne solutions. When I went off of it, I noticed an improvement in both my skin and my overall well-being. Would not recommend Alesse to anyone."

unsatisfied7 (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 7, 2018

For Birth Control "Took alesse for 2 years because I never bothered to get a new pill and I’d always hope the side effects would stop. Became an emotional wreck, gained a lot of weight, however the little acne I have cleared up. Had insane nausea, vomiting at work, home, school..... gave me a lot of anxiety and etc. I’m sure that there are better options out there. Do not take this birth control."

Alexandra (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 4, 2018

For Birth Control "This is the worst pill ever!!!! It made my skin terrible. The doctor gave me the generic pill that was covered by insurance. I started in October 2016... a week later, I started breaking out all over my forehead. Then I gave the pill 3 months and saw no improvement, then gave it another 3 months and saw nothing. So 9 months in, I read online the Generic pill does not work as well as the brand pill. I stayed on the pill for another 6 months. If your skin does not improve in 3 months get off the pill! I got off the pill October 2017 and it’s March 2018 and I still am getting over the symptoms. This is a disgusting pill and trust me, I read reviews on every site and they say the same."

A23 (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 1, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "This was for my cycle regulation. It was okay until my hair started shedding. Every time I ran my hand through it would come out with 5-7 hairs, bulb and all. My hairdresser noticed there was excessive shedding in the brush when I went, and I'm still sweeping up hairs all over my apartment, and picking them off everything. I also felt angrier and my anxiety intensified in the fourth month to the point where I couldn't control it, so I switched off. There was no weight gain, breast growth, etc, but it also didn't make my periods any less painful and they were still very heavy. I spotted the full first month, but it stopped in the second. My sex drive was increased, I had a breakout of a few cystic acne lesions in the third month. (Which was awful, because I never get acne) and it left some hyperpigmentation scarring. I wouldn't go back on it. Maybe it will work for some, I must just be sensitive to the progestin used in Alesse."

Lise February 22, 2018

For Endometriosis "I've been taking this BC pill for about 4 months now (on my 4th month pack day 5) and I can tell you that the side effects are horrible and have yet to get any better. I've been having nasty headaches, insomnia, REALLY BAD depression (never been this badly depressed before), major mood swings (never had mood swings before), and days where I'm nauseated 24/7. I can hardly function. The only thing it has helped, was lesson my period pain. I feel like this pill is ruining my life more than the pain I was experiencing during my period that put me in bed for 2-3 days. I'm looking to get off of it asap, will be scheduling an appointment with my doctor very soon."

Lpetey (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 13, 2018

For Birth Control "Feel like vomiting everyday, nausea, worsen period cramps, weight gain, vaginal dryness, decreased sex drive. I’m 18 and been taking it for 3 months. The side effects is only getting worse and worse the longer I take it."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 1, 2018

For Birth Control "I was on alesse for two years, for the first few months I didn't experience any side effects, but after that I was an emotional wreck with no sex drive. After those side effects subsided, I began breakthrough bleeding a week before I started my sugar pills (this lasted a year) which was frustrating. I am now off the pill and am going to be trying something new. I did not personally experience any acne or weight gain, but the emotional side effects were daunting."

Samlil January 21, 2018

For Birth Control "I had very mild acne until I switched to aleese, my skin broke out in cystic acne along my jaw and cheeks. I'm still recovering my skin from the acne and hoping that none of this leaves me with scars. I would not recommend this bc to anyone. I switched to tricyclen recently and my skin is slowly starting to calm down. Other than the acne theres nothing really bad or good about aleese birth control, I just think there's a lot of other better options out there."

Aleesesuuuucks January 18, 2018

For Birth Control "Took Alesse for about 9 months, the only good thing is that it made my period less painful but besides that it gave me bad headaches, completely lost my sex drive, and made me irritable (mood swings) and most recently it caused me to have depression which I had never experienced until now. So I stopped taking it and felt like my normal self again within 2 days of stopping it."

Sarah marie82 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 14, 2018

For Birth Control "I went on Alesse originally to see if it would help my acne. I was on it for 4 months, during which I experienced terrible breakouts on my forehead (the only place I never breakout). My forehead was completely covered in small rough bumps that could not be concealed. I also broke out everywhere else on my face. As soon as I switched pills, all the acne cleared up. I’d say it’s worth giving a shot, but it definitely didn’t work for me personally in clearing up acne."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 11, 2018

For Birth Control "I was switched to Alesse 3 months ago when my other BC brand was discontinued. Experienced a face rash as soon as I finished my first pack to start my period which lasted the entirety of that week. Have had no other side effects until again recently I experienced a more intense rash on my arms, legs and lower back but was in the middle of my pack for month 3, which lasted for about 4 days and now spotting a week before my period is supposed to start. I’ve never had a rash in my life before taking Alesse, I’ve been on BC for 2 years and the only side effect I ever had was spotting when I first started. Would not recommend alesse if you have sensitive skin (I don’t) or react badly to medications"

Anonymous December 10, 2017

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "This garbage pill turned me into a robot. I seriously had zero emotions and cared about nothing. I was only on it for a month but I'm still dealing with the acne it gave me all over my cheeks. I regret taking this pill so much. If you don't want extra body hair or deal with acne, choose a less androgenic pill. Otherwise, it didn't have any side effects besides body hair growth in places men usually have it, and acne all over the lower part of my face."

RiWields November 13, 2017

For Birth Control "I was on this pill for probably around 4 years, when I got a pulmonary embolism. I am 18 YEARS OLD. The doctors have no idea what the cause was other than me being on birth control. I could have died. Pulmonary embolisms are very serious and I would tell all girls to rethink if they really want to risk their life for BC pills."

JoTate November 8, 2017

For Birth Control "I've started taking this type of birth control. It's my first birth control in general, and my first pack. I've been getting sharp cramps, and am now bleeding (even after my period has stopped) and, huge migraines on the right side only of my head (whether or not this is a side effect, I don't know but it has occurred ever since I started taking Alesse). I don't know if I should be alarmed about the sharp cramps, as they are extremely painful, but do go away, and come back within seconds. I want to play it safe, but I also want to make sure there is nothing wrong with myself down there. Anyone else having these issues?"

Concerned Teen (taken for less than 1 month) November 7, 2017

For Birth Control "I took Alesse for 1 month and 1 week. After the first week I broke out with the worst cystic acne I have ever had in my life. I tried to stick it out to the three month mark to see if it would clear up, but it was so horrible I decided to stop 1 week into my second pack. I'm giving it 5 stars because I didn't experience any other side effects whatsoever, which I have gotten on other pills."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 23, 2017

For Birth Control "Alesse was the first birth control that my doctor had put me on. I had no side effects and was confused due to all of the complaints I had heard about taking birth control in general from my peers. I began to wonder if there was anything better than Alesse and that is my biggest regret. I took Lolo as well as Tricera Lo and both of those helped me realize what side effects and tolls some birth control pills can have on women. I was breaking out in cystic acne, my breasts hurt, I had gained weight, my appetite was immense, etc. I went back on Alesse and low and behold, my skin is at its best, I have ZERO side effects and most importantly, it prevents me from getting pregnant."

katgirl31 October 17, 2017

For Birth Control "I switched to this pill after taking progesterone only, and I almost immediately regretted it. I was moody and nasty, gained 10-15 pounds within the first two weeks of taking it, started to become depressed, and it completely reduced my sex drive. I also had mild acne before I started taking it, and it developed into cystic acne within a week, and didn’t clear up. I’ve been off it for over a month now, still have the cystic acne, but my mood and sex drive came back up. I hated what happened to me on it so much that I stopped taking it after the first month because to me, trying to finish the 3 mo trial wasn’t worth it. There are other options."

Alixiiiiii (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 15, 2017

For Birth Control "This birth control made me break out so much because of its low estrogen to high androgen ratio. I was also very moody and irritable. I was told to wait for my body to get used to it but I ended up giving up around the 4 month mark. I switched to ortho tricyclen because it has a higher estrogen to lower androgen ration."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 13, 2017

For Birth Control "Personally I have had so far a great experience on alesse. I've been on it for just over 6 months now, it has helped with acne and regulating periods. I haven't noticed any weight gain at all, and my period are super light. I however just recently started having sex, and overall I am a nervous person about getting pregnant, but so far all good! *finger crossed*"

HowdyHithere October 8, 2017