User Reviews for Alesse

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 6 reviews 169 medications

5.1
Summary of Alesse reviews 126 reviews 6.1

Reviews for Alesse

For Birth Control "Started taking Aleese 4 months after first baby. Within the first 24hrs I developed a headache. For a week I took my pill same time everyday. On day 7 my headache had become unbearably bad. By the next morning I started pain puking unable to open my right eye. I went into emergency at the hospital and was treated for a migraine... a migraine was not what the problem was I have a blood clot in my brain caused by being on this pill for 1 week. I am now on blood thinners and treatment for the clot luckily I did not keep waiting for what I thought was my body adjusting to this bc. I saved my life by going to the hospital."

Jc403 (taken for less than 1 month) July 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "There were many positives to Alesse (I was on the generic - Aviane). This was about my 4th or 5th kind of BC pill, as I tend to have issues and side effects with most others. The only side effects I had on this were spotty, random periods, and acne. I can handle the breakthrough bleeding, but the acne was just awful. I have acne prone skin, and Yaz totally cleared it up, but made me gain weight. When I switched to Alesse, I lost weight (not entirely due to changing the pill) but my acne came back horribly. I am going to switch soon. I didn't have any mood swings. I have some cramps during my period. It didn't mess with my sex drive (Yaz killed it). I would recommend this ONLY if you don't have issues with acne."

Runnergirlx126 June 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I'm just finishing up my 3rd pack of alesse!! Before starting alesse I read a lot of reviews to know what to expect but for me it's been really good! I'm 18, about 105lb, and the most I was concerned about was getting bad acne on this pill. For me, I've had clear skin my whole life and didn't want to make it worse. The first week of taking this birth control I broke out on my forehead and it really freaked me out. It all cleared up within a few days though and I haven't had worse acne than before taking the pill. My only side effect is sex drive has gone down quite a bit, I didn't really think about this one until I had it for myself. Also very dry but nothing that lube can't fix! boobs have grown about a cup size too haha"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I originally started talking this BC (having never before taken any others) as an attempt to regulate my acne. It did help the acne on my back and chest a bit, but I did not notice it help clear up my face. So it was disappointing in that regard. HOWEVER I love how it regulates my period nicely with very few--if any--side effects. No nausea, no cramps, etc. BUT to be fair, I never experienced those during my normal periods. I guess if you're just looking for a birth control pill that regulates irregular/heavy periods (mine went from 7 down to 4 days), this could be a pill for you to consider."

S Maria June 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Alesse was the first type of birth control I've ever taken and I experienced many negative side effects. When I first started it, I had severe back pain, headaches, and mood swings. After a week or two these symptoms subsided but I began to feel depressed--this feeling went on for about a month and worsened whenever I drank alcohol. In total, I was on this pill for two cycles before I decided to switch. That being said, everyone is different! If Alesse doesn't work for you, there are probably others that will."

Snj May 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been on alesse now for about 5 years and I'm going to switch pills. It's never helped with my acne nor my period pain and it's made me EXTREMELY irritable and very very moody and depressed. I went off it for a year and it I was instantly happier and my skin wasn't as bad and I had regular period pain. As far as being a contraceptive it's worked so far *knock* *knock* I would not recommend this if you are sensitive to medication."

Kathanp April 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I was taking this as a contraceptive and to prevent ovarian cysts, which I am prone to. This pill worked great for those two things and I had no problems with this BCP for the first year of taking it. However, after around a year and half on it I developed extreme anxiety, panic attacks, severe moodiness and change of temperament, as well as nausea every single day. I am about to go off of it, hopefully I can find a BCP without these side affects."

uaheb1838 (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been on and off the generic version of Alesse for around 2 years now. I love this pill because I don't get many side effects and it has worked perfectly for the duration of my usage. But the downside is that it made my skin break out. I've always had acne prone skin, but on this pill, I get large under the skin bumps and clogged pores all over my chin - which is an area I NEVER experienced problems with (and how I pinpointed it to the pill). My forehead gets clogged pores as well which is unflattering. I've try to ride it out and hoped that it would go away but it never does, even with a great skincare regime. Although I don't experience other side effects, the acne never goes away and seems to be getting worse - not worth it."

Princessx (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I had a severe allergic Reaction to the whole medication . It caused me to break out into a really serious rash .Please be careful ladies this experience wasn't fun ."

D3 February 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been on Alesse 28 for a year now as of this upcoming March. Big improvement over my other pill Ministerin 24. Before I took Aleese, I had irregular periods with lots of blood on the 2nd day. After switching to Alesse, my periods are only 4 days and I have no spotting compared to my other pill. I recommend this pill to any women but talk to your gynacologist first as it is not for everyone. Also, I have no acne! :)"

Syrene (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "So far Alesse 28 has been a pretty good experience! I've only been on it for over a month, but the good outweighs the bad! This is my first birth control I've tried. I was very nervous this birth control would increase my breast size, just because I have naturally big boobs (38DD) and don't want them bigger. Haven't really noticed increase in breast size, maybe just made them a bit fuller. The first two weeks on the pill I started to break out which freaked me out because my skin was perfect pre-pill and I've read reviews where it ruins some people's skin! Breakouts cleared by week 3. Only negative side effect I've been noticing a lot is I'm always hungry! Haven't gained weight because I eat pretty healthy and go to the gym regularly."

rai060698 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I was on Alesse 28 since I was 17 (2012) and never missed a day for 3 years. It made me extremely moody, I had horrible acne, it didn't help relieve pain for my periods at all and lost my appetite altogether because it always felt like it was stuck in my throat. Although my boobs came in when I started this, I hated it. In the summer of 2015, I became pregnant while on this bcp for 3 years, and my partner wore a condom. After I stopped taking it, my skin cleared completely, I was no longer psychotic and I was actually happy! My periods are still horrible but I don't ever want to go back!! I'm still looking for a new type of bcp but I'm never going back to Alesse 28"

Olivehead2323 (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I'm 24 and this is my first ever contraceptive pills. Taking it for a month now. I don't have problem aside from gaining weight and I'm emotional but not this much since I started this pill. I'm happy that my acne slowly fading, my cramps is not severe than the last one I had and don't have problem at all. I've noticed that my breast is gaining some extra fat too. Lol "

Nickoleta (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been using Alesse since April of 2016. It works as a contraceptive and my skin is clear, my moods are in check, my periods are much lighter now and it is also the first contraceptive that I have used. However, I have noticed lately that I'm hungry ALL the time. In fact, food is all that I think about some days which has caused me to gain almost 20lb in the past near-year I've used it. I'm not sure yet if this is due to the pills or if it is due to stress or something else, but otherwise alesse works."

vttox January 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I hated this bcp. I gained 15 pounds in two weeks, and I was depressed and crying all the time. It also gave me chin acne, which I never have."

Asii January 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I'm 19, and this is the first birth control I've ever tried. I started taking it 3 months ago, for contraceptive purposes. The first week was a nightmare. I had the absolute worst stomach pain, cramping, bloating and nausea I've ever had in my life. I was crying my eyes out because I felt so awful, and I couldn't sleep at night. I kept taking it, and that side effect went away after a week. I had a little bit of spotting over the first month, but that's long gone now. I've always had extremely horrible periods. They were so heavy, I was anemic, I had to use both pads AND tampons at the same time, and I had to change them every 30 minutes. They're so much lighter now, and my formerly debilitating cramps are almost non-existent."

Susanne1996 November 26, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Alesse 28 is the first birth control pill my doctor prescribed and the only pill I have ever taken and is still currently taking. I chose to go on the pill because I believe it is best option and the most convenient for me to prevent pregnancy while regulating my period. My average period cycle is 36-39days and tends to be irregular than most. I have been on the pill for almost 2 weeks now and so far, so good. My body seem to have adjusted well to Alesse 28. The only side effects I experienced were very mild headaches, and nausea during the first 2 days of starting the pill. I also experienced a little breast tenderness during the first week. But no mood swings, or weight gain/loss. Overall, great birth control pill."

CanadianGirl123 (taken for less than 1 month) November 18, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "My skin was great before and after starting Alesse! I've had no weight gain and my periods are extremely light. I no longer need to use painkillers for menstrual pain and my moods have been stable."

kfiona November 9, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been using Alesse for a year now and I have a great skin, although I did have clear skin prior to Alesse. I have gained 10lbs. I haven't been able to pin point what is wrong with me so to speak, and after reading all of the reviews, I feel I have FINALLY targeted the issue. I have always been sensitive... but I have been EXTREMELY EMOTIONAL this past year, crying at the smallest things. I have been so emotional that I am currently suffering from depression. Yes, I did not get pregnant, but I don't believe this pill is worth the side effects!"

1Owow9wow9smzm9x9z November 2, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been on this pill for a year and I think I'm gonna stop taking it. Honestly not really happy with this pill! For someone who had relatively clear skin I got the worst acne from using it! Like little bumps all over my forehead and painful zits on my jawline and cheeks. Tried every possible skin care line and couldn't understand how I went from clear skin to a face full of acne... and now some acne scars too. Finally pinpointed it to Alesse being the cause. Also pretty sure I gained some weight while on it. Definitely don't recommend it!"

Cathy123456789 November 1, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "This is my first birth control pill and I have been using it for 1 year and 3 months. Some info: 5'4, 120 pounds, 22 years old. I started using Alesse 28 on recommendation from my doctor because I have had irregular periods since I was 12. After several tests I am confirmed to have Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) which basically gave me major cystic acne, mild increase in body hair, and irregular periods (occurring 2-4 times a year). This pill has worked great for me: no pain, no depression/anxiety, no weight gain, light nausea couple times a month, no cystic acne (only occasional small pimples but this is normal for me as I have very oily skin). I get a light period and light discharge sometimes seven days before I stop taking the pill."

annie654 October 31, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been using Alesse for about a week now and in that short amount of time it has been absolute hell! This is my first time on birth control so I thought everything was going to be fine, but boy was I wrong. The first and second day were fine but on the third day I had a family event to go too and on the way there I began to feel disgustingly nauseous. I've only felt that nauseous when I had mono and after I got my tonsils out. It made me feel so incredibly sick that I ended up passing out on the couch at the family get together. I've also been having really intense migraines, they've been so debilitating that I've almost burst into tears, the only reason I didn't was because it would have hurt far too bad. Do not use this pill!!"

Kelsey H October 27, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "NOT WORTH THE SIDE EFFECTS!! Seriously. My GP gave me Alesse because she had some packets that were sent to her for free. I thought "Hey why not" and took them. Well, second month was the worst. Gained probably 10lbs because I was constantly hungry. Became lethargic and it made me more depressed. That went away in the third month. Then the acne started. As someone who was on accutane and had relatively pimple-less skin, this pill brought up old wounds. Turns out this pill which is often persrcibed to TREAT acne, is one of the worst BC that causes acne. My skin is now 10x more oily and i have painful zits on my cheeks, chin and lips. Also my boobs have gotten bigger which I hate. The pill also causes me really bad cramps & my period was off."

Alyyy (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 19, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "20 yr old female here, I was put on Alesse for acne & contraceptive purposes. Acne runs in my family. My mom had it really badly until she was about 21. I was on tri-cyclen lo but it made me feel sick in the mornings. So Alesse was pretty bad. I was on it for (just under) a year. I didn't get pregnant even though I never used a condom with my boyfriend. It helped my acne somewhat except I got cystic flare-ups on my chin & small dots on my forehead during my period. I gained about 10lbs. Period cramps were still bad & lasted for days sometimes. MADE ME AN EMOTIONAL WRECK. I'd cry so easily & felt unusually depressed/anxious. I believe I have too much testosterone in my blood so Alesse might not have been strong enough"

made me an emotional mess October 13, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "This birth control was the worst experience of my life. It gave me horrible breakouts for an entire week during each month and I gained a significant amount of weight. I stayed on it hoping it would get better but it never did. I've finally switched brands and finally seen improvement in my skin."

Cheergirl (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 12, 2016