User Reviews for Alesse-28

Birth Control
6.3

Summary of Alesse-28 reviews 6.3 13 reviews

Reviews for Alesse-28

For Birth Control "I've been on Alessa for almost 5 years and this is the first time I ever took a look at the reviews. I really haven't found it bad at all. Moodiness and weight gain are my chief complaints but other than that I love the super regular periods."

Beaches0987 (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 19, 2018

For Birth Control "I took Alesse 28 for three months and it worked. I never got pregnant and Alesse cleared up my mild acne. But the side effects legit made me feel like I was crazy. The mood swings made me question my sanity. I would always lash out on my boyfriend randomly and be angry at him even though he did nothing wrong. I hated him so much for no reason. I lost my sex drive, my vagina was always dry and so it would cause my vagina to bleed and hurt after sex, and I became really depressed. I stopped taking Alesse for a month now and my boyfriend told me that my attitude and mood is normal and back to the way I was before taking Alesse."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 5, 2018

For Birth Control "Within the first month my skin become horrible, I’ve never had an acne or pimple problem just the occasional pimple here and there but after I started taking Alesse, the acne came out. Currently my chin is covered in cystic like acne which never occurred before and I have various pimples on my cheeks and forehead. I also ended up having my period for a full 2 weeks and I’m pretty sure it’s still kind of going on, not sure if that’s normal but has never happened before. Then came the mood swings, I've never been a really angry person but since starting on this I’m constantly either extremely happy or extremely upset and it’s awful. I’ve experienced really bad cramps too, thought the pill was supposed to help with that too. Going to talk to my doctor about switching pills to see if my side effects clear up."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 18, 2018

For Birth Control "I have been on alesse for 1.5 years now and can say that I got a lot of side effects that birth control is usually supposed to help against. Before birth control my periods were 5-7 days and heavy, no pain or cramps at all and no acne. After alesse my skin is really bad and I get the worse cramping and back pain right before and for the first 3 days of period. The only reason I have stayed on this is because it is effective at coming on the same day and I have no problems with irregular periods. No problem with weight gain or being emotional (thank goodness) but I just went to my doctor and recently told her about my problems and have just been switched to a brand with a higher concentration. Here is hoping for better results."

rach01530 January 8, 2018

For Birth Control "I am currently starting my placebo pills on my second month and let me tell you that my acne is worse than it has ever been in my life. I regret taking this pill so much because now I have painful, large, red cysts in random places all over my cheeks, chin and jaw area. I have had acne before but never to such degree. My face literally flared up around the 10th day. I guess all the hormones kicked in that day because my skin was fine and the next day I flared up. The worst is that they are all staying as bright red scars. I have never had such low self- esteem. I don't even want to leave the house right now (even WITH makeup). the only 2 good things is that my boobs grew a lot and after the first month of horrible mood swings it goes away"

Esther6969 December 16, 2017

For Birth Control "Have been on this medication for over a year. The first 6 months I never really had any issues. My periods were a bit lighter and the cramping had improved significantly. After six months of use I started to get very nauseous because of this medication. I take it before going to bed and about 6 hours later I would wake up and be throwing up for a few minutes. About 20 min to half hour I would usually be ok. Some days though I relied on anti-nausea tablets just to be able to get a little bit of food in me. I continued to take it but now I'm getting an IUD so I can finally abandon this pill"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 27, 2017

For Birth Control "This pill changed who I am. It ruined our my relationship with my family and my boyfriend of 3 years. Before this birth control, I was outgoing, could talk to anybody and liked by all sorts of people, but after I years of taking this pill, I just got ticked off by everything and everyone. Anyways, I get upset a lot, get upset at the dumbest things, took things way too personal and it ruined my jobs as well! I just couldn't deal with people and would walk out of jobs. I mean, I did my job well, I was able to speak with the customers, but I didn't even want to build rapport with them. I just had zero care about people. I didn't even wanna put energy into it, but I coupon and that has been therapeutic with me. Marijuana calms me down too."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 21, 2017

For Birth Control "I've been taking Alesse 28 for just over a year and its dramatically changed my period, for the better. My flow used to be heavy and 7-10 days with EXTREME cramps! I am now down to 2-3 days with a light flow and manageable cramps. My cycle has always been on schedule so it didn't change that aspect much. I should add I'm 19 and this is the first and only birth control I've tried and I think it works great."

rugbygal4 (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 11, 2017

For Birth Control "Have been on alesse for over 12 years now. Started the pill because I had very painful and irregular periods. Since being on the pill I have been like clock work and have very light and much less painful periods. No mood swings to report or any other side effects. Although everyone is different, I have nothing but good things to say about this birth control."

--Anonymous September 5, 2015

For Birth Control "I am on Alesse 28 for 3 months now (I usually skip the sugar pills), I don't have any problems with it. No spotting, just a little nausea for the first 2 days but that's it. I didn't gain any weight nor did Iose any. My breasts did go up one cup size. I was sexually active during my 2nd month and I continued to menstrate as indicated in my pamphlet I had received with my prescription. It works, and I'm happy. It gives me peace of mind."

Miss Megan July 11, 2014

For Birth Control "Alesse-28 was the first oral contraceptive I've taken. I usually have a very heavy flow and my period would be a full week and would never come at the same time every month, but since I started to take Alesse-28, my period has become VERY regulated and my flow is light and lasts usually around 3-4 days only. The best thing I would say is that I don't get cramps anymore. Before taking the pill, I'd be pretty much bedridden. I get only a very slight pain now, but it's barely noticeable! It also helped with my acne! I had a lack of appetite when I started the pill and I lost 7lbs in one month. The worst parts were the nausea, major mood swings, slight depression (cried every night), anxiety, and the lack of motivation in everything."

ALYYY February 27, 2014

For Birth Control "I started taking Alesse as soon as I turned 19. This is my 4th month on it. I never got any side affects such as nausea, headaches and spotting like I was warned :) But right after I finished my first batch, I got bad PMS symptoms (cravings, breast tenderness, and mood swings) until my first period arrived a couple days later. The following batches after that were fine. My periods came on time every month, flow was lighter, no cramps, less PMS symptoms, and the duration of my period was noticeably shorter too. Slowly gained an insignificant 5 pounds over the last four months. I rarely get break outs but got a few big annoying pimples on my face at first. Alesse does it's job as a contraceptive and I recommend it."

First time birth control user (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 17, 2013

For Birth Control "This is my 3rd day of taking Alesse. I switched from Loestrin 24 FE because my insurance would only cover $4 and was asking me to pay $67 for it. I am trying birth control to see if it may help even out my migraines. So far, not good. I am going on day 2 of a horrible migraine. I think once my body readjusts to the medicine, my headache will go away. I was the same way with the Loestrin. I'm not sure about any other side effects as my migraine has masked everything else."

Anonymous May 12, 2010