User Reviews for Alesse-28

Birth Control 5 reviews 292 medications

Summary of Alesse-28 reviews 5 reviews 8.0

Reviews for Alesse-28

For Birth Control "Have been on alesse for over 12 years now. Started the pill because I had very painful and irregular periods. Since being on the pill I have been like clock work and have very light and much less painful periods. No mood swings to report or any other side effects. Although everyone is different, I have nothing but good things to say about this birth control."

--Anonymous September 5, 2015

For Birth Control "I am on Alesse 28 for 3 months now (I usually skip the sugar pills), I don't have any problems with it. No spotting, just a little nausea for the first 2 days but that's it. I didn't gain any weight nor did Iose any. My breasts did go up one cup size. I was sexually active during my 2nd month and I continued to menstrate as indicated in my pamphlet I had received with my prescription. It works, and I'm happy. It gives me peace of mind."

Miss Megan July 11, 2014

For Birth Control "Alesse-28 was the first oral contraceptive I've taken. I usually have a very heavy flow and my period would be a full week and would never come at the same time every month, but since I started to take Alesse-28, my period has become VERY regulated and my flow is light and lasts usually around 3-4 days only. The best thing I would say is that I don't get cramps anymore. Before taking the pill, I'd be pretty much bedridden. I get only a very slight pain now, but it's barely noticeable! It also helped with my acne! I had a lack of appetite when I started the pill and I lost 7lbs in one month. The worst parts were the nausea, major mood swings, slight depression (cried every night), anxiety, and the lack of motivation in everything."

ALYYY February 27, 2014

For Birth Control "I started taking Alesse as soon as I turned 19. This is my 4th month on it. I never got any side affects such as nausea, headaches and spotting like I was warned :) But right after I finished my first batch, I got bad PMS symptoms (cravings, breast tenderness, and mood swings) until my first period arrived a couple days later. The following batches after that were fine. My periods came on time every month, flow was lighter, no cramps, less PMS symptoms, and the duration of my period was noticeably shorter too. Slowly gained an insignificant 5 pounds over the last four months. I rarely get break outs but got a few big annoying pimples on my face at first. Alesse does it's job as a contraceptive and I recommend it."

First time birth control user (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 17, 2013

For Birth Control "This is my 3rd day of taking Alesse. I switched from Loestrin 24 FE because my insurance would only cover $4 and was asking me to pay $67 for it. I am trying birth control to see if it may help even out my migraines. So far, not good. I am going on day 2 of a horrible migraine. I think once my body readjusts to the medicine, my headache will go away. I was the same way with the Loestrin. I'm not sure about any other side effects as my migraine has masked everything else."

Anonymous May 12, 2010