User Reviews for Esterified estrogens / methyltestosterone

Also known as: Covaryx, Covaryx HS, EEMT, EEMT DS, EEMT HS, Essian, Essian H.S., Estratest, Estratest H.S., Menogen, Menogen HS, Syntest DS, Syntest HS

Learn more about Esterified estrogens/methyltestosterone.

Menopausal Disorders 8 reviews 14 medications

Hot Flashes 3 reviews 19 medications

7.8
Postmenopausal Symptoms 2 reviews 202 medications

6.7
Summary of Esterified estrogens/methyltestosterone reviews 13 reviews 8.2

Reviews for Esterified estrogens/methyltestosterone

For Menopausal Disorders: "I have been taking Estratest H.S. 0.625\1.25mg for 18 yes now and all of my hot flashes, night sweats, mood swings they all have went away. But since I smoke my drs here in Missouri will not give them too me until I have stopped smoking for at least 3 months. That is easier said then done. Without my pills I get migraine headaches, crazy mood swings and I can't stand to be around myself."

peaches2881 July 13, 2016

Estratest H.S. (esterified estrogens / methyltestosterone) for Menopausal Disorders: "This medication is a miracle. Hot flashes and sweats go away, sleep has returned, and I have more energy and clearer thinking. It helps with libido as well. I did notice some hair loss, which surprised me, but overall no other side effects. The major problem with estratest hs is the requirement for a one month prescription, you can no longer get a 3 month supply which would save money, and you have to call the doctor every month to get a new prescription. For women who are menopausal, I find this to be ridiculously inconvenient and costly. Regulations need to be adjusted to accommodate us ladies who need this medication to function. Medicare doesn't cover this med, apparently."

Northeastspot June 25, 2016

Estratest H.S. (esterified estrogens / methyltestosterone) for Hot Flashes: "Intense hot flashes all day and night. By the time one started to go away another started."

Lady EJ (taken for less than 1 month) January 14, 2016

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: "Given that I have been on this medicine for 7 years now, I'm gonna say that it works. I assume I will be taking this for the rest of my life and I'm not sure how safe that will be."

none 2016 (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 4, 2016

Estratest (esterified estrogens / methyltestosterone) for Hot Flashes: "I have been using estratest for over 25years. I do not have any complaints except the cost. If I don't take it I get migraines and mood changes something awful. My insurance company will not cover any part of the cost. But they will cover estrace or any other less costly type. Do you have any advise"

costly October 24, 2015

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I took this for 7 years with NO complaints, until my pharmacy replaced it with a dark green pill, different maker. The dark green one DID NOT work like this one by Amneal, but for some reason (prob the Estratest fiasco) this one was pulled from the market. Fast forward 3 years and cvs had this one back! So I went to doc, got a script, got a months worth and felt normal finally! Went for my refill only to be told it is being DISCONTINUED!!! uugghhh! Amneal get it together- we need your version of EEMT!!!"

Hot flash queen (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 7, 2015

For Menopausal Disorders: "After trying every other hormone. The Doctor put me on methyltestosterone F S. I have been on this drug for 20 yrs now. My Insurance will not pay for it.It is the only hormone that works for me. I type this now because I stop taking 10 days a go thinking 70 years old I would not need them. At this time I am in hot flashs, sweats and can not sleep. I will be making a appointment with my Doc ASAP. Do not think your to old to need estrogens and testosterones."

rosebud1945 May 4, 2015

Estratest H.S. (esterified estrogens / methyltestosterone) for Menopausal Disorders: "I had a complete hysterectomy and the hot flashes & night sweats were terrible. Plus I didn't have a sex drive like I use to. I was taking Premarin but it was costing me $30.00 a month with insurance. But the pharmacist said this worked the same way the Premarin worked. It's the 0.625mg Esterified Estrogens & 1.25mg Methylteosterone. I have been taking it for a couple of yrs and it works. I have no night sweats or hot flashes and I have sex whenever I want it. This hormone therapy only cost me $10.00 with my insurance. I am satisfied with this therapy."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 14, 2012

For Menopausal Disorders: "As most women have said I feel 100% better. Before taking this I must have had very symptom you could possibly think of, except the hot flashes which I think I would have rather suffer through than all the others."

dolores1757 April 2, 2010

Estratest H.S. (esterified estrogens / methyltestosterone) for Menopausal Disorders: "About ten days or two weeks after starting Estratest HS, I felt like myself again. Hot flashes are now gone completely (after two months on it), my skin looks like it used to look, and I have my old desire back (hubby is thrilled too). I feel more energy and stronger over all. I can do more at the gym. The only drawback was weight gain, but all the other good results more than make up for it."

betternow December 13, 2009

Estratest H.S. (esterified estrogens / methyltestosterone) for Menopausal Disorders: "I finally found something that worked for me- before I was having difficulty finding the right dose- now that they no longer make it, I am have a difficult time taking the generic due to the noticeable side effects- but the alternatives do not work either."

Anonymous September 10, 2009

Estratest H.S. (esterified estrogens / methyltestosterone) for Menopausal Disorders: "I had been taking Estratest HS in combination with Premarin.3 for the last 12 years and loved, loved, loved it. No side effects. Made me feel stronger and helped keep my body in shape. Since they no longer make it, I have been having trouble adapting to new hormones and wish I could find some kind of testosterone substitute. "

dunerd September 5, 2009

Estratest H.S. (esterified estrogens / methyltestosterone) for Hot Flashes: "After hysterectomy, the hot flashes and night sweats were awful, and I had no sex drive/sensations at all. The Estratest combination got rid of my hot flashes and night sweats and helped with the lack of sex drive and sensations. Also felt more clear-headed. I took the 0.625/1.25 dosage. I plan to reduce dosage as I can to eventually wean myself from the drugs entirely."

Anonymous June 9, 2009