User Reviews for Esterified estrogens/methyltestosterone

Postmenopausal Symptoms 8.6
Summary of Esterified estrogens/methyltestosterone reviews 9.5 22 reviews

Reviews for Esterified estrogens/methyltestosterone

Sassy · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 16, 2020

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: “After a partial hysterectomy of my ovaries and my uterus my libido dropped, hot flashes, brain fog, memory issues, weight gain - horrible symptoms. Estratest took everything away, except the libido, that surely went through the roof crazy! Thank god I have a husband of 25 years who volunteers to look after me ”

ShanaBanana · Taken for 6 months to 1 year November 12, 2019

For Menopausal Disorders: “I was prescribed the medication after an elective total hysterectomy(46 y/o. I was on it for several years until by primary care doctor took me off. I was reluctant and rightfully so. My energy dropped and I suffered for two years with horrible fatigue. I went from running half marathons/marathons, swimming 6-8 miles per week and pilates to barely running 2.5 miles and having excessive fatigue. My passion for sports and not being able to engage in them was horrible. I finally went back to my oby/gyn and he prescribed the medication which is no longer covered by insurance. The low dose helped but fatigue prevailed. I finally was told to try the higher dose for a week and I felt like my old self. My mood has improved, I can swim again and my fatigue is gone and replace being tired. My doctor does not want me to be on the higher dose however, will try and work with me to find a workable plan.”

Casey · Taken for 10 years or more August 7, 2019

Estratest (esterified estrogens / methyltestosterone) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: “I started on this 10 year's ago after a hysterectomy, I also started at that very same time having severe panic attack's caused by anxiety. I was put on Xanax 1mg. three times a day. Now I am trying to get off the Xanax. Very difficult, even with counselling. I wonder if it is the Estratest that started all of this?”

Jerri · Taken for 5 to 10 years February 8, 2019

EEMT (esterified estrogens / methyltestosterone) for Hot Flashes: “Great relief from hot flashes. Also improved muscle strength even as I age. I am now 69 and experience severe hot flashes if I forget my EEMT. Have been on EEMT for over 5 years and have no adverse side effects.”

Ann June 14, 2018

For Menopausal Disorders: “I had a complete hysterectomy when I was 46 due to endometriosis. I am now 66 Years young! My wise surgeon at the time put me on Estratest Hs along with Menest 2.5 mg shortly after the surgery and I have been extremely satisfied. Once Estratest was pulled off the market a few years ago, I began to use the generic. Now that I am on Medicare with a Part D drug supplement plan I have found paying for the estrg/mtest Hs prescription a challenge. My current family doctor prescribes the full strength 1.25-2.5 and I cut the tablets in half. That way I pay for three months and get six mouths of the half strength. Estratest is the best, but now that it’s only generic, I prefer the ANI Pharmacy brand but recently had to except a different generic brand Syrtho. I would encourage anyone interested in relief from surgical menopause to try this product. I still have a nice libido (which makes for a happy husband of 45 years, Me too) and I feel that my energy level is good.”

JC · Taken for 10 years or more April 18, 2018

Estratest H.S. (esterified estrogens / methyltestosterone) for Menopausal Disorders: “I had a total hysterectomy at the age of 48. I have been on this drug for 19 years and it is a miracle drug with no ill side effects for me. I tried to wean off when I was 62 only to be miserable. Hot flashes, night sweats, no sleep, no energy, headaches, mood swings, and no libido. I have been told that Medicare has excluded this drug and removed from being paid for by insurance due to scientific evidence that it is not effective, ( which is so far from the truth), and not being FDA approved. I feel this is discriminatory and harassment against women who need this hormone replacement.”

pelvic and vein swelling March 15, 2018

Covaryx (esterified estrogens / methyltestosterone) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: “After a hysterectomy I've had nearly 4 years of pure misery, ice packs between my legs, headaches, hot flushing through my body. I went through heaps of problems, tests by vascular Doctors, a hormone specialist didn't know what do for me , he took the ovaries thinking that would help. No it didn't change. So I was told to go to a teaching hospital. The OBGYN said to try estratest , I was never able to take birth control pills they made me so sick, so I was not excited to try them. Well I did try them and it gave me my life back !!!!!! Now Covaryx has given my my life back”

Mimi · Taken for less than 1 month February 26, 2018

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: “Worried about weight gain”

OHS-Medic · Taken for 5 to 10 years February 12, 2018

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: “I have been on this for 9 years. Started the full strength version the day of my total hysterectomy. At one point my pharmacy changed manufactures from Amneal to someone else. This caused me to experience night sweats, hot flashes, and major mood swings, even though it was supposed to be the same drug. I changed pharmacies just for the manufacturer Amneal's product. There was another time I stopped taking this drug because my new doctor did not think I needed the testosterone any longer. This proved to be a bad idea, I was horrible to be around. As soon as I restarted the Estratest, I levelled back out. I admit, this product is rather expensive, especially since my insurance will not pay for it, but I will pay every penny because of how wonderfully well this drug works for me. My insurance company does not cover this drug because they say that Amneal has never submitted paperwork for FDA approval, and if there is no FDA approval the insurance company does not have to cover it.”

peaches2881 July 13, 2016

For Menopausal Disorders: “I have been taking Estratest H.S. 0.625\1.25mg for 18 yes now and all of my hot flashes, night sweats, mood swings they all have went away. But since I smoke my drs here in Missouri will not give them too me until I have stopped smoking for at least 3 months. That is easier said then done. Without my pills I get migraine headaches, crazy mood swings and I can't stand to be around myself.”

Northeastspot June 25, 2016

Estratest H.S. (esterified estrogens / methyltestosterone) for Menopausal Disorders: “This medication is a miracle. Hot flashes and sweats go away, sleep has returned, and I have more energy and clearer thinking. It helps with libido as well. I did notice some hair loss, which surprised me, but overall no other side effects. The major problem with estratest hs is the requirement for a one month prescription, you can no longer get a 3 month supply which would save money, and you have to call the doctor every month to get a new prescription. For women who are menopausal, I find this to be ridiculously inconvenient and costly. Regulations need to be adjusted to accommodate us ladies who need this medication to function. Medicare doesn't cover this med, apparently.”

Lady EJ · Taken for less than 1 month January 14, 2016

Estratest H.S. (esterified estrogens / methyltestosterone) for Hot Flashes: “Intense hot flashes all day and night. By the time one started to go away another started.”

none 2016 · Taken for 5 to 10 years January 4, 2016

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: “Given that I have been on this medicine for 7 years now, I'm gonna say that it works. I assume I will be taking this for the rest of my life and I'm not sure how safe that will be.”

costly October 24, 2015

Estratest (esterified estrogens / methyltestosterone) for Hot Flashes: “I have been using estratest for over 25years. I do not have any complaints except the cost. If I don't take it I get migraines and mood changes something awful. My insurance company will not cover any part of the cost. But they will cover estrace or any other less costly type. Do you have any advise”

Hot flash queen · Taken for 5 to 10 years September 7, 2015

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: “I took this for 7 years with NO complaints, until my pharmacy replaced it with a dark green pill, different maker. The dark green one DID NOT work like this one by Amneal, but for some reason (prob the Estratest fiasco) this one was pulled from the market. Fast forward 3 years and cvs had this one back! So I went to doc, got a script, got a months worth and felt normal finally! Went for my refill only to be told it is being DISCONTINUED!!! uugghhh! Amneal get it together- we need your version of EEMT!!!”

rosebud1945 May 4, 2015

For Menopausal Disorders: “After trying every other hormone. The Doctor put me on methyltestosterone F S. I have been on this drug for 20 yrs now. My Insurance will not pay for it.It is the only hormone that works for me. I type this now because I stop taking 10 days a go thinking 70 years old I would not need them. At this time I am in hot flashs, sweats and can not sleep. I will be making a appointment with my Doc ASAP. Do not think your to old to need estrogens and testosterones.”

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 14, 2012

Estratest H.S. (esterified estrogens / methyltestosterone) for Menopausal Disorders: “I had a complete hysterectomy and the hot flashes & night sweats were terrible. Plus I didn't have a sex drive like I use to. I was taking Premarin but it was costing me $30.00 a month with insurance. But the pharmacist said this worked the same way the Premarin worked. It's the 0.625mg Esterified Estrogens & 1.25mg Methylteosterone. I have been taking it for a couple of yrs and it works. I have no night sweats or hot flashes and I have sex whenever I want it. This hormone therapy only cost me $10.00 with my insurance. I am satisfied with this therapy.”

dolores1757 April 2, 2010

For Menopausal Disorders: “As most women have said I feel 100% better. Before taking this I must have had very symptom you could possibly think of, except the hot flashes which I think I would have rather suffer through than all the others.”

betternow December 13, 2009

Estratest H.S. (esterified estrogens / methyltestosterone) for Menopausal Disorders: “About ten days or two weeks after starting Estratest HS, I felt like myself again. Hot flashes are now gone completely (after two months on it), my skin looks like it used to look, and I have my old desire back (hubby is thrilled too). I feel more energy and stronger over all. I can do more at the gym. The only drawback was weight gain, but all the other good results more than make up for it.”

Anonymous September 10, 2009

Estratest H.S. (esterified estrogens / methyltestosterone) for Menopausal Disorders: “I finally found something that worked for me- before I was having difficulty finding the right dose- now that they no longer make it, I am have a difficult time taking the generic due to the noticeable side effects- but the alternatives do not work either.”

dunerd September 5, 2009

Estratest H.S. (esterified estrogens / methyltestosterone) for Menopausal Disorders: “I had been taking Estratest HS in combination with Premarin.3 for the last 12 years and loved, loved, loved it. No side effects. Made me feel stronger and helped keep my body in shape. Since they no longer make it, I have been having trouble adapting to new hormones and wish I could find some kind of testosterone substitute. ”

Anonymous June 9, 2009

Estratest H.S. (esterified estrogens / methyltestosterone) for Hot Flashes: “After hysterectomy, the hot flashes and night sweats were awful, and I had no sex drive/sensations at all. The Estratest combination got rid of my hot flashes and night sweats and helped with the lack of sex drive and sensations. Also felt more clear-headed. I took the 0.625/1.25 dosage. I plan to reduce dosage as I can to eventually wean myself from the drugs entirely.”