User Reviews for Bijuva

Bijuva has an average rating of 4.8 out of 10 from a total of 18 ratings on Drugs.com. 22% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 39% reported a negative effect.

Perimenopausal Symptoms
Menopausal Disorders
3.6
Postmenopausal Symptoms
4.2
Summary of Bijuva reviews 4.8 18 reviews

Reviews may be moderated to correct grammar/spelling or remove inappropriate language. Reviews that appear to be created by parties with a vested interest in the medication will not be published.

Reviews for Bijuva

Mel · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 22, 2019

For Perimenopausal Symptoms: “I've been taking this Bijuva for about 4 months it stopped my most of my hot flashes, but lately I am still getting them. It doesn't help with my sleep at all. I'm not sure about this drug. I also noticed that my nails are thinner. Isn't this supposed to keep you from getting osteoporosis. I'm not that thrilled.”

POFMe · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 1, 2020

For Perimenopausal Symptoms: “I’ve been on Bijuva for about a month and a half and it’s been so so at best. I actually came here looking for reviews but decided to leave one since there aren’t many. The first two weeks seemed great - my skin looked better, I lost some weight, no brain fog etc. However after that it’s been annoying to say the least - I’ve had near daily spotting (usually 2-4 good days, then a day of irritability and then 4-6 days of spotting with cramps - anything from brown to small clots), my skin is starting to look dry again and I am incredibly sleepy about an hour after taking the pill. All in all, I’m considering just going back to the pill.”

Concerned · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 5, 2020

For Menopausal Disorders: “I have just stopped this drug Bijuva. Took it for 4 months and it did help greatly with my menopause issues. Then about a month ago I began feeling unwell. Headaches, fatigue, tension, weight gain, and eve had a TIA at work! I almost died. ER did every test they could think of....CAT, MRI's, Heart scans, bloodwork, heavy metal tests, vitamin levels, thyroid, hormones, etc.... Perfectly healthy! I still have brain fog, a constant headache, weakness, and moments of nausea and faintness. I truly have no idea if it is Bijuva but I am not taking any chances.”

Dawn December 25, 2020

For Perimenopausal Symptoms: “I am on my third month taking Bijuva. It stopped my hot flashes within 2 to 3 days which was a relief I feel like I look better but I started developing back pain when I lay down so I am in the process of finding out if my kidneys are being affected or if it’s a previous injury. I’m not sure which it is and I’m also not sure I want to stay on this because of all the side effects that could potentially arise. I would like to find a more natural alternative with the same result. I already had a fibroid on my uterus before I started taking the medication so I am curious if it’s growing I want to make sure everything’s OK. I have a doctor appointment set for next week to do a follow up. My main question is how do they keep track of hormone levels when you’re on this hormone pill usually you’re going to get your hormones tested and it’ll be taken up or taken down depending on your levels I don’t see that with this pill how do they know”

Anonymous September 10, 2020

For Menopausal Disorders: “I have been taking Bijuva for four months now and starting to put things together on how I feel, It did help with the hot flashes and in the beginning I was sleeping through the night but that has now stopped, so I have been over tired I have put on weight. I am having daily nausea I swear my memory is off and today I went to the doctor since I have a small hernia and he said he's concerned for my gall bladder which is one of the worse side effects. I am stopping immediately”

Angie · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 24, 2021

For Perimenopausal Symptoms: “I’m in my 5th month. Back pain is so bad. I’m seeing my doctor to make sure my kidneys are okay. It started lower and now it’s middle back and sides. Going in for X-rays. I do feel better with no hot flashes but I need to find out why my back is hurting all the time . I’m not losing or gaining weight. I feel like I look better though. It’s a toss up to quit or stick with it. No doctors know about this medication. I did get blood work done and my vit d was supper low so I’m on prescription dose . Going back in a couple weeks to check levels.”

Louise Belle · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 30, 2020

For Menopausal Disorders: “I've been on Bijuva for 5 months. Hot flashes gone; however, I get severe migraine headaches. They remind me of the ones during perimenopause when progesterone levels dropped. I'm thinking about cutting in half but it is an odd-type capsule so unsure if that will work but it is a higher dosage than "low dose" estrogen therapy. Early on, brain fog improved but it appears to be coming back. It's still worth it for me to be on! I'm looking at other anti-aging treatments. Feeling well, being alert and sharp, reduced pain in joints, and no hot flashes are my priority. My insurance will not cover but I used the coupon on the website and pay $50 per month.”

Orenda · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 13, 2021

For Perimenopausal Symptoms: “I am finishing up my 3rd month on this medication. It did stop my hot flashes but I started getting back pain by my kidney's. Blood tests showed nothing. Now I'm feeling it in my gallbladder. I'm hesitant to stop because I do feel better, but have been worried about this medication hurting my body. My doctor has no idea about the medication, so to ask any medical professional about does no good. I really think we are all testing this product for the side effects. Kidneys and gallbladder seem to take the hit with this. I'm going to try a low does of an antidepressant, which was suggested by my doctor. I'm also going to research the Duavee medication that was mentioned before I switch. I just had an ultrasound to check my fibroid that was spotted a few years ago. Didn't say if it was growing but they did spot another small one. I'm on the fence at this time.”

KAM · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 6, 2021

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: “I took Bijuva for roughly 6 weeks. I am 60 years old and was plagued with hot flashes and night sweats for 10 years. Within weeks the flashes were gone. Yay! But I’ve had bouts of stomach pain and nausea. Honestly I’d rather have the flashes. My doctor and I decided on me stopping taking the Bijuva. It’s been a few days since I stopped the medicine and my stomach is awful today. My hope is that this quickly goes away. It’s helpful to have these reviews so I/we know we’re not alone.”

Mo · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 5, 2021

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: “Been taking for 6 months. I have cramps often. Seems like I’m angry and irritable often. I feel heat under my skin in areas. Calling my doctor tomorrow. I want to stop taking this. I took another brand called Duavee for a couple of years with no side effects. I just got tired of paying $125 a month. These are $50. I think I’d rather pay more and get off of Bijuva.”

SM- Florida · Taken for less than 1 month October 12, 2020

For Perimenopausal Symptoms: “I am 54 yrs old i started peri menopause I had severe hot flashes every hour for 1-2 minutes, no sleeping, migraine, brain fog irritated no appetite. I was miserable I was recommended evening primrose, estrovera. I would take them for 6 weeks ans I was still suffering, they did not work!! Because of the hot flashes during sleep I got body achesm charlie horse from stretching my legs, my Obgyn recommended Bijuvia, and in 4-5 days the hot flashes stopped was able to sleep thru night. I do feel tired sometimes this medicine has helped 99%,better!”

aly February 1, 2021

For Menopausal Disorders: “I started having extremely painful stomach contractions after a couple of days of Bijuva. It came in waves like a gallbladder attack, and equally as painful. I endured that for about a week, thinking it was due to another cause. I also experienced dizziness - also to the extreme- maybe the 10th day if treatment. The room was spinning and it scared as anything. If I closed my eyes, I was okay. So I lay there for hours until the spinning was gone. Then I research the drugs side effects and noticed both of those things on the list. So the next day I did not take the Bijuva and I haven't had an issue with my stomach, or feeling dizzy since then. It was pretty unbelievable really. It worked great on the hot flashes though- completely eliminated while taking this medicine. I wish I could tolerate it !!!”

Haya · Taken for less than 1 month December 4, 2020

For Perimenopausal Symptoms: “I used Bijuva only for 3 days and already on the third day I started having serious side effects like sharp abdominal pain, pain while urinating, (maybe it caused urinary tract infection), difficulty sleeping, pelvic pain the only good thing I lost a little weight. Did not help with hot flashes at all, in turn only increased it. I have read a lot of studies, beware taking synthetic hormones can cause a lot of serious illnesses. Read research on the subject.”

Sleeplessrach · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 19, 2021

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: “I have been on bijuva for 2 years. I decided on HRT because I couldn't take the hot flashes, mood swings and brain fog any longer!!!!! I literally thought I was going crazy. I'm 48 and dealt with peri menopause effects for 10+ yrs. At 45, I was told I was post meno. I started with meds from a compounding pharmacy. It worked for a while and stopped. The progesterone pearls kept me wide awake at night. Anyway, bijuva has been a life saver for me. I still cramp and feel bloated but all the other things are gone. I recently noticed a little weight gain which is huge to me. I will be looking further into things. Good luck to all in this journey.”

Ro · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 15, 2021

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: “Been taking Bijuva for 3 weeks. I have gone up an entire pant size. I am retaining fluid in my legs and feet and my abdomen is very bloated. I love that all of my menopause symptoms are gone but the body change is uncomfortable and I am not buying new clothes. Have call in to doctor for different plan or going back to no HRT and all of the wonderful symptoms of menopause.”

Robin · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 21, 2021

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: “I have been talking this medication for about 6 weeks and while my hot flashes have stopped and I have just started sleeping through the night for the most part over the last few weeks I have been gaining a pound it seems almost daily and have been retaining water with some swelling to my feet. Also, I developed relentless GERD about 5 days ago that includes a metallic taste that seems to be coming from my throat. I am going to stop this medication as I feel these issues are some how related and the weight gain itself makes it not worth it to me. I work really hard with diet and exercise and that part is stressing me out.”

Gdmeche · Taken for less than 1 month May 28, 2021

For Perimenopausal Symptoms: “Has anyone experienced extremely high emotions while taking this? My best friend started taking it about a month ago And she can not complete a sentence without crying her eyes out She has not ever been so emotional and we were wondering if anyone else has had this side effect . Thank you all”

Arlet lata January 7, 2021

For Menopausal Disorders: “WARNING I had a STROKE ONLY 45 days after starting Bijuva. No previous conditions, nothing. I hope this is an ALERT FOR ALL WOMEN OUT THERE . Strokes can kill YOU and the doctors don’t say it.”