User Reviews for Ospemifene

1 review 156 medications
Summary of Ospemifene reviews 5.9 27 reviews

Reviews for Ospemifene

Molly · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 12, 2019

Osphena (ospemifene) for Vaginal Dryness: "I have been on Osphena for 6 months due painful sex and it unfortunately is not helping ! I have also always been a person of a nsc Wright of 120, even 9 months pregnant didn’t weigh what I do now, I am at 149lbs and realized all the weight increases have occurred while on this med! Nothing else has changed so with still painful sex and lack of interest along with the major weigh gain I am stopping usage! Going back on my old low dose estrogen med!"

Janed · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 31, 2019

Osphena (ospemifene) for Dyspareunia: "At first it was definitely helping with dryness. Then I was wetting my pants all the time and I got a horrific yeast infection -- took three rounds of medication to fix it. I also felt stressed -- lack of energy and weakness. I didn't realize how bad that had gotten until I went off it. The yeast infection was the final straw. Then, after being off it for a week ovarian pain began and I now will need to get this checked off. I went through early menopause (46). I think I have exhausted all options for the pain at this point."

Wwotw · Taken for 1 to 2 years July 24, 2019

Osphena (ospemifene) for Vaginal Dryness: "I have taken this for over a year. Initially, other than being a little more tired than usual, I was pleased with the results. The last six months I have had severe night sweats, and still feel overall tiredness. I am physically more fit than many women my age. (66). I decided to quit this and try non hormone alternative treatments. After three days I did not have the night sweats. Will see if my energy returns!"

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 4, 2019

Osphena (ospemifene) for Dyspareunia: "This drug has renewed my sex life! My husband is thrilled and I’m pretty darn happy, too! I was getting depressed about how painful sex was and how little of it we were having. Now, it’s like I was 20 years ago!"

Labrylao May 2, 2019

Osphena (ospemifene) for Perimenopausal Symptoms: "I started osphena to maybe help with worsening prolapse...along with pelvic PT. Then 1.5 years later I have had a hysterectomy due to endometrial cancer, also I have had night sweats and hot flashes"

Me · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 23, 2019

Osphena (ospemifene) for Dyspareunia: "Wish I had started Osphena years ago. Works amazingly."

LLP · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 14, 2019

Osphena (ospemifene) for Dyspareunia: "I have taken this for 3 months and still have very painful sex, feel like a hot poker. I am discontinuing."

Sweaty momma · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 8, 2019

Osphena (ospemifene) for Vaginal Dryness: "I started this medication about 3 months ago and it had taken that long for it to work on me. Then I realized I’ve gained 10 pounds in that three months and the hot flashes are extreme with lots of sweating. Yes it did what it was supposed to do, but I feel bloated, fat, sweaty and have experienced leg cramps. Bottom line, not for me."

kitkat5859 February 11, 2019

Osphena (ospemifene) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "This did not work for me. Since I started taking this drug, I have had increased vaginal pain, increased urination, and weight gain to the fact that I have gone up 2 pants sizes. I see my doctor this week and am getting off of this drug. I doubt if there is an alternative at this point, they don't make many options for women."

Letfreedomring · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 1, 2019

Osphena (ospemifene) for Dyspareunia: "I've been taking Osphena for about 2 months. I've had no side effects up until now, and the pain I was experiencing during sex has subsided a lot. Its not perfect yet, but better then it was. However, suddenly I've developed a yeast infection. I've never had yeast infections -only ones out of the blue, only after finishing a course of antibiotics. I read that yeast infections can occur when there is an increase in estrogen. So now I am wondering if I need to stop taking osphena and if its the reason I have a yeast infection."

Toni September 23, 2018

Osphena (ospemifene) for Dyspareunia: "For years after having a complete hysterectomy at age 45, intercourse was very painful, I have been taking Osphena for three years without any side effects. To me it is a miracle drug, I had given up on sex, and now I enjoy sex with my husband on a regular basis without worrying about possible side effects , I would rather live a full life with my husband than not having a life at all. Thank you Osphena"

myy July 5, 2018

Osphena (ospemifene) for Dyspareunia: "I've been taking osphena for 8 months now and it helped my vaginal dryness..but side effects are hot flashes, slight headache and gaining weight! To date is my heaviest weight in my entire life...anyhow, before I had to pay $0 with my old insurance but now I have a new insurance and its not covering the osphena. It's so expensive to pay $243 every time I refill. I can't afford it anymore. My obgyn said there's no generic for osphena and she didn't give me any alternative. :("

Piaaz · Taken for less than 1 month June 14, 2018

Osphena (ospemifene) for Dyspareunia: "I have gained 5 kgs. I am quitting this. I feel bloated."

Ei · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 27, 2018

Osphena (ospemifene) for Dyspareunia: "I've been taking Osphena for two months. It has definitely helped with dryness. However I have constant discharge and have gained 6 lbs. I am not eating more and was the same weight for years. It is crazy. I thought that I would stop gaining and my body would go back to normal but it hasn't. I'm going off the medicine and trying the Femilift."

Peg · Taken for less than 1 month February 28, 2018

Osphena (ospemifene) for Dyspareunia: "I am 30 years old, this med has been a blessing to my life!!!! After 4 days of taking it I could feel the difference. I recommend this med to anyone who may be experiencing this issue. I also haven't had any side affects."

HappyMama · Taken for 2 to 5 years October 27, 2017

Osphena (ospemifene) for Dyspareunia: "I am 65, have taken Osphena for about 2 1/2 years now, no side effects ever noted. How quickly I had positive results after starting this med, I do not remember. I do know that my sexual desire increased, and my poor once-dry vagina now lubricates with even the thought of having intercourse. I make sure I do everything I can to stay healthy, so I can continue this medication and stay sexually active for a long time. My husband is thrilled, too!"

hot doc · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 30, 2017

Osphena (ospemifene) for Dyspareunia: "Osphenia came into my life via a rep to the office. I'm a Female GP who sees vag complaints daily. I personally had gotten through the big pump bottle of lube every few months. Osphenia makes me as wet and tight as I was before we married 28 yrs ago according to my husband. Much better sex for both of us and no lube needed .Chronic headaches lifelong, no worse."

gertella June 7, 2017

Osphena (ospemifene) for Dyspareunia: "I have always had an active sex life; at about age 59, sex became very painful. Put up with it for several years until I discovered Osphena. It has made life so much better. There is still some discomfort, but that is a minimal price to pay to be intimate with my husband of 45 years. I would highly recommend this drug. :)"

SheXy · Taken for less than 1 month November 23, 2016

Osphena (ospemifene) for Dyspareunia: "Everyone is obviously so different. My experience wasn't even close to as positive as some of the others have mentioned. Thankfully I received a physicians sample, and did not purchase it. I took about 6 days worth, and noticed increased discharge. After taking it for another 7 days, I woke up with the worst headache. Headaches are very rare for me. Then I noticed some spotting on my underware. By the evening I was sweating heavily, and just felt horrible. It was then that I decided to look up side effects. I have discontinued taking this medication. It's just not worth the side effects for me. Your mileage will certainly vary."

Dancing woman · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 15, 2016

Osphena (ospemifene) for Dyspareunia: "I noticed some improvement after a few weeks, but still had some mild discomfort and spotting after intercourse. I have gained weight (about 5 pounds in a 6-week period), I have headaches, I have hot flashes and some severe leg cramping (not a normal problem even with my line dancing). I am going to discontinue this drug."

Dolcet · Taken for less than 1 month September 5, 2016

Osphena (ospemifene) for Dyspareunia: "Horrible hot flashes and depression."

Sue T. August 28, 2016

Osphena (ospemifene) for Dyspareunia: "I have experienced a 90% reduction in both vaginal bleeding and painful intercourse. This medication is miraculous. I enjoy sex again!"

Travelingstar10 · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 21, 2016

Osphena (ospemifene) for Dyspareunia: "I am a 58 year old woman who entered menopause at 40. I have dealt with severe dispariunia, vaginal atrophy and dryness for years now. I have tried everything on the market. My doctor has given me prescriptions for creams, HRT, suppositories, none of which gave me anything but temporary relief. Intercourse has been extremely painful and difficult. After talking to my doctor at length, I decided to try it. I noticed a significant difference within 5 days. I was nearly pain free during intercourse! Then the headaches began. A dull, consistent ache in the right side of my head. There was also intermittent nausea. This medication is a God send IF you don't suffer any side effects. Unfortunately, I can no longer take Osphena."

Jujuhere March 5, 2016

Osphena (ospemifene) for Dyspareunia: "Sex had become so painful and no matter how much lubricant we used it just did not work. I dreaded sex and had no desire for it. I suffered for 3 years. One my yearly exam with Gynecologist she told me I was fire engine red down there so we discussed Osphena. After three days I noticed a difference. This is hard to share but I know feel like I am 30 down there LOL ( I am 50) . I have sexual urges again. I get lubrication just thinking about sex. My husband is thrilled and said its like before my menopause. I have nothing bad to say about this. It has given me back my sex life. I must admit I am worried about the side effects that can happen. So, I want to keep check ups regularly. I have heard some gain weight on this. I have not."

willow853 November 10, 2015

Osphena (ospemifene) for Dyspareunia: "Made a significant positive difference in post-menopause symptoms. However, substantial side effects, worst off which is facial edema with distortion to facial features. Tested this by stopping the med several times to clear it from system and when did this, edema disappeared but reappeared once resume the drug. Also, strong hot flashes and sweating. No weight gain."

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)