User Reviews for Ospemifene

Also known as: Osphena

Ospemifene has an average rating of 4.9 out of 10 from a total of 43 ratings on Drugs.com. 30% of those users who reviewed Ospemifene reported a positive effect, while 43% reported a negative effect.

Dyspareunia 6.4
Vaginal Dryness 4.0
Atrophic Vaginitis 3.0
Perimenopausal Symptoms 2.0
Postmenopausal Symptoms 1.5
Summary of Ospemifene reviews 4.9 43 reviews

Reviews for Ospemifene

Nora · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 10, 2020

Osphena (ospemifene) for Dyspareunia: “I've been using Osphena for several years and it changed my life. I could not have sex after menopause due to severe pain-like broken glass. I've had no side effects, no weight gain or bloating. Some leg cramps are easily handled with Ca/ Mg Supplement. BUT in addition my gyno has me using melted cocoanut oil on penetration. She said do not use OTC lubricants as they have ingredients that are drying. I also used a vagdilator for awhile as my muscles were so tight from pain avoidance.”

Dmp · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 19, 2020

Osphena (ospemifene) for Atrophic Vaginitis: “Have been using Osphena for approximately 4 months. It has helped with the dryness but now the bloating is unbearable. All of a sudden my stomach has gotten like a beach ball and feels horrible. I’m sure this is what it is from. Asked to go back on estate cream.”

Sunshine · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 13, 2020

Osphena (ospemifene) for Vaginal Dryness: “I’ve been taking Osphena for 1 month now. The first week started the hot flashes and night sweats during the night that wakes me. Muscle spasms in my legs. Weight gain and feeling bloated. My Dr advise to continue for a least 12 weeks, not sure if I can manage 2 more months of side effects.”

Mew · Taken for less than 1 month August 25, 2020

Osphena (ospemifene) for Vaginal Dryness: “Ok so I started over a week ago on Osphena and everyday I have horrible migraine. I'm tired and am starting to feel the weight gain bloating also. No night sweats, or leg cramps. But I am not going to continue. I read the side effects and it's not worth it to me.”

DD · Taken for less than 1 month August 6, 2020

Osphena (ospemifene) for Atrophic Vaginitis: “The side effects from Osphena are not worth the minor results. Overwhelming bloating and cramps.”

MiataDriver · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 16, 2020

Osphena (ospemifene) for Atrophic Vaginitis: “I used this for only two months, had horrible bloating & leg cramps. I stopped. It DID help a tremendous amount with the dryness BUT the cramps just weren't worth it. They were several times a day!”

Anonymous June 14, 2020

Osphena (ospemifene) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: “I took this medication for 3 months. The side effects are just not worth it. I experienced horrible hot flashes and sweating profusely. You will also gain weight on this medication. My doctor assured me that neither were a side effect... not true. Just read these reviews.”

GaNative · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 6, 2020

Osphena (ospemifene) for Dyspareunia: “I've been taking Osphena for 3 months for painful intercourse. My doctor said give it 3 months and I did, but sex still hurts, and the side effects are pretty bothersome. Hot flashes, weight gain, bloating, and the worst is the bitchiness. My husband said he'd rather have his sweet wife back. I'm calling the doctor today, but leaning toward stopping it.”

Nikki April 5, 2020

Osphena (ospemifene) for Vaginal Dryness: “My Dr had me try Osphena. I have been taking it for more than 9 months. It did not help at all with the vaginal dryness. We even tried it along with a natural product. Still have the dryness. But I do take anti depressants, which I think is the reason these haven't helped me. I 'Il continue trying different alternatives. I wish I could be a guinea pig to help someone come up with something that works for me .”

wellkids · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 19, 2020

Osphena (ospemifene) for Dyspareunia: “This product did absolutely nothing for me! I went through five months of pills just waiting for something to happen. But, all I did was fill my body with some type of synthetic drug that had zero impact on my problem. I would never recommend this product.”

Nana · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 2, 2020

Osphena (ospemifene) for Vaginal Dryness: “Really helped with vaginal dryness and improved my sex life immensely. The only side effect is weight gain of about 7 pounds”

Micky · Taken for 6 months to 1 year December 23, 2019

Osphena (ospemifene) for Atrophic Vaginitis: “For us, this drug Osphena saved our sex life. I’ve been on it for a year with no side effects. I was embarrassed to go to the doctor and talk about it and once I got on this medication I wished I had done it sooner.”

Cat Mom · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 18, 2019

Osphena (ospemifene) for Vaginal Dryness: “I am having horrible headaches, leg cramps, drenched in sweat to the point where I am waking up in the middle of the night dehydrated, fatigue, and had none of that before taking. It started about a week into taking the pills. Am going to stop immediately and search for an alternative.”

Ann · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 7, 2019

Osphena (ospemifene) for Atrophic Vaginitis: “When I started the Osphena I felt better, the hot flashes were horrible. Didn't notice any difference in sex, still hurt. By 3rd month slight headache constantly and leg cramps were bad. Called doctor and stopped taking.”

Ann · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 6, 2019

KJ · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 23, 2019

Osphena (ospemifene) for Atrophic Vaginitis: “This medicine did help with dryness, BUT after 6 months of night sweats and hot flashes (worse than I ever experienced during menopause) it just wasn’t worth it. Then came a horrible case of BV, which was the final straw.”

Molly · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 12, 2019

Osphena (ospemifene) for Vaginal Dryness: “I have been on Osphena for 6 months due painful sex and it unfortunately is not helping ! I have also always been a person of a nsc Wright of 120, even 9 months pregnant didn’t weigh what I do now, I am at 149lbs and realized all the weight increases have occurred while on this med! Nothing else has changed so with still painful sex and lack of interest along with the major weigh gain I am stopping usage! Going back on my old low dose estrogen med!”

Janed · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 31, 2019

Osphena (ospemifene) for Dyspareunia: “At first it was definitely helping with dryness. Then I was wetting my pants all the time and I got a horrific yeast infection -- took three rounds of medication to fix it. I also felt stressed -- lack of energy and weakness. I didn't realize how bad that had gotten until I went off it. The yeast infection was the final straw. Then, after being off it for a week ovarian pain began and I now will need to get this checked off. I went through early menopause (46). I think I have exhausted all options for the pain at this point.”

Wwotw · Taken for 1 to 2 years July 24, 2019

Osphena (ospemifene) for Vaginal Dryness: “I have taken this for over a year. Initially, other than being a little more tired than usual, I was pleased with the results. The last six months I have had severe night sweats, and still feel overall tiredness. I am physically more fit than many women my age. (66). I decided to quit this and try non hormone alternative treatments. After three days I did not have the night sweats. Will see if my energy returns!”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 4, 2019

Osphena (ospemifene) for Dyspareunia: “This drug has renewed my sex life! My husband is thrilled and I’m pretty darn happy, too! I was getting depressed about how painful sex was and how little of it we were having. Now, it’s like I was 20 years ago!”

Labrylao May 2, 2019

Osphena (ospemifene) for Perimenopausal Symptoms: “I started osphena to maybe help with worsening prolapse...along with pelvic PT. Then 1.5 years later I have had a hysterectomy due to endometrial cancer, also I have had night sweats and hot flashes”

Me · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 23, 2019

Osphena (ospemifene) for Dyspareunia: “Wish I had started Osphena years ago. Works amazingly.”

LLP · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 14, 2019

Osphena (ospemifene) for Dyspareunia: “I have taken this for 3 months and still have very painful sex, feel like a hot poker. I am discontinuing.”

Sweaty momma · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 8, 2019

Osphena (ospemifene) for Vaginal Dryness: “I started this medication about 3 months ago and it had taken that long for it to work on me. Then I realized I’ve gained 10 pounds in that three months and the hot flashes are extreme with lots of sweating. Yes it did what it was supposed to do, but I feel bloated, fat, sweaty and have experienced leg cramps. Bottom line, not for me.”

kitkat5859 February 11, 2019

Osphena (ospemifene) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: “This did not work for me. Since I started taking this drug, I have had increased vaginal pain, increased urination, and weight gain to the fact that I have gone up 2 pants sizes. I see my doctor this week and am getting off of this drug. I doubt if there is an alternative at this point, they don't make many options for women.”