User Reviews for Estazolam to treat Insomnia

Also known as: Prosom

Estazolam Rating Summary

9.0/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 96 medications used in the treatment of Insomnia.

Reviews for Estazolam

"I've been taking estazolam 2 mg for 10 months and it's really been a lifesaver. Although I am starting to wake up more frequently during the night and starting to think I'm becoming too tolerant of it and need a break. I'll talk to my doctor and see the alternatives but scared they won't be as good as this."

Pussywillow (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 17, 2019

"Ambien didn't worked for me. I felt really groggy the next day. My doctor prescribed me this medication and it works great. I've been taking 2 mgs before bedtime . I must note that I do wake up feeling sleepy/druggy the next day but it goes away after a cup (or a couple of cups) of coffee. It worked way better than ambien for me. Would recommend."

Antonio January 4, 2019

"My doctor prescribed estazolam for me as a medication for insomnia (which I developed immediately following a total hysterectomy--oopherectomy (25 years ago!!). The immediate improvement in my ability to sleep was amazing. Although I later learned that it is really an anti-anxiety medicine, it continues to give me the very best night's sleep. (I am careful not to take it every night so that I don't become immune to its effects, but for me it is a miracle drug. I sleep through the night and wake up refreshed."

Dibbie (taken for 10 years or more) November 11, 2018

"I have been taking estazolam over 30 years without bad side effects. I fall asleep quickly and wake up rested. I have taken other meds for insomnia because of all the severe warnings but none have worked for me. Medicare will not pay for this medication because they say it's not for insomnia!!!"

I am a 72 year old female (taken for 10 years or more) October 27, 2017

"Taking estazolam for 20 years. Amazing drug. Go to sleep quickly and wake up when needed. No side affects."

71 year old male (taken for 10 years or more) February 17, 2017

"Have chronic insomnia for six years. Estazolam helps me fall asleep, .5-1.0 mg. Four hours later it's toss and turn. Lots of dreams. Next day it's double vision. Even on .5mg. looking for alternatives."

Frenchi1234 June 7, 2016

Prosom (estazolam): "I absolutely LOVE Prosom. I have experienced chronic Insomina my entire life, but when I go through an extreme "bout" I Prosom and it ALWAYS works and I never feel drowsy, have difficulty waking or any negative side effects. I think it's the best sleeping pill of them all. I can only get the generic now and fear it will stop being manufactured! No other sleeping pill has ever been this effective! I highly recommend it!"

rmg2108 (taken for 10 years or more) November 19, 2015

"Best of the best."

Anonymous December 13, 2014

"Fantastic! Takes all anxiety away and give your muscles relaxation as well. Best pill I've tried. And I've tried some thousands."

Speedsnigel July 6, 2014

"Strong."

It is good. (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 30, 2013

"I have had insomnia for years. In 1991 I had surgery for ovarian cancer. The chemo made me very nervous. My dr. Prescribed this medicine and it worked great. Since then, I have continued to take. I have worked in a health food store for years and have tried all the natural supplements. So far this is the best and safest medication I have taken. I usually only need 1 mg. at night. I also have irritable bowel syndrome and fibromyalgia and it works great for it also. My dr. said this medicine is much safer than over the counter sleep aids."

Restful April 2, 2013

"I take Estazolam 1.5mg before bedtime and it works quite well. I alternate with Seroquel to avoid getting a tolerance to either. Been on Estazolam 9 months and have no tolerance because of alternating it with other meds."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 14, 2012

Prosom (estazolam): "Worked very well the first week, now in week 2 not so well. Great for short term."

Anonymous November 13, 2010

"This drug is by far the best sleeping medicine I have tried. Very gentle initiating sleep, and sleep for about 7-8 hours waking up feeling like I've taken nothing. I'm so glad I did my research and asked my doctor about this hidden gem."

Scotty M February 13, 2010

"I use it after a few bad nights of sleep. It has provided a good night's sleep but it is a drug and I would prefer to use a natural remedy, if I could find one. I am looking at Restaid but it is rated second best after Solumin"

eggcream35 December 14, 2009

"Recently came across extazolam after many years of sleeping problems. It works like a charm. 1 mg allows me to fall asleep quickly and sleep a full 8 hours. 2 mg was too much and caused sleepiness and grogginess well into the next day. 1 mg is perfect, wake up feeling great and refreshed."

Anonymous August 4, 2008

"You are going to be surprised how fast you'll fall asleep and how great you feel when you wake up."

Dgs30 July 10, 2008

"I've had trouble sleeping for over 20 years and have tried literally every sleep aid on the market. I accidentally discovered Estazolam (a long story) and asked my Doctor to let me try it, at first he tried me on Ambien and then Lunesta and fianlly he prescribed Estazolam. I am now sleeping 7 to 8 hours every single night and awkake feeling refreshed and without any kind of drugged hangover feeling. I actually feel great, more rested, and much more active and productive."

Anonymous May 22, 2008