User Reviews for Estazolam to treat Insomnia

Estazolam has an average rating of 8.8 out of 10 from a total of 20 ratings for the treatment of Insomnia. 85% of those users who reviewed Estazolam reported a positive effect, while 5% reported a negative effect.

Estazolam Rating Summary

8.8/10 average rating

Compare all 81 medications used in the treatment of Insomnia.

Reviews for Estazolam

Agne · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 12, 2021

“I tried ambien and estazolam. Estazolam sometimes works sometimes not, causes too many unpleasant dreams. I take 2mg. Last night took 3mg, had bad sleep and many nightmares. Ambien works better for me, at least it works every time and I can rely on it. Still want to try ambien xr and lunesta.”

LT · Taken for 10 years or more August 13, 2020

“I taken 1 mg for 15 years and it works great for insomnia. I’ve tried to taper off but keep waking up. I’m 72 and just decided to keep taking it each night.”

Boo · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 25, 2019

“Great... but good luck quitting. It is the worst. Took it for 50 days and now I’m dependent on it. I don’t sleep if I don’t take it and have crazy anxiety. I took 1mg then reduced to 0.5mg”

rmg2108 · Taken for 10 years or more November 19, 2015

Prosom (estazolam): “I absolutely LOVE Prosom. I have experienced chronic Insomina my entire life, but when I go through an extreme "bout" I Prosom and it ALWAYS works and I never feel drowsy, have difficulty waking or any negative side effects. I think it's the best sleeping pill of them all. I can only get the generic now and fear it will stop being manufactured! No other sleeping pill has ever been this effective! I highly recommend it!”

Benzodream June 5, 2019

“One of the best sleep meds available. But be warned; it will not work for long if you take it every night. No benzodiazepine will. I have suffered from delayed sleep phase disorder and insomnia for 25 years, and have tried nearly every medication for insomnia. I have found that if you use benzos for sleep, you have to leave 2 days between each dose or they will stop working and/or you will become dependent (and benzo withdrawal is very nasty). I switch between a benzo and mirtazepine (which is also highly effective at a dose of 15-30 mg). As far as benzos go, I believe estazolam, diazepam, temazepam, and alprazolam are the most effective to stay asleep for 7-9 hours..”

Anonymous May 22, 2008

“I've had trouble sleeping for over 20 years and have tried literally every sleep aid on the market. I accidentally discovered Estazolam (a long story) and asked my Doctor to let me try it, at first he tried me on Ambien and then Lunesta and fianlly he prescribed Estazolam. I am now sleeping 7 to 8 hours every single night and awkake feeling refreshed and without any kind of drugged hangover feeling. I actually feel great, more rested, and much more active and productive.”

Restful April 2, 2013

“I have had insomnia for years. In 1991 I had surgery for ovarian cancer. The chemo made me very nervous. My dr. Prescribed this medicine and it worked great. Since then, I have continued to take. I have worked in a health food store for years and have tried all the natural supplements. So far this is the best and safest medication I have taken. I usually only need 1 mg. at night. I also have irritable bowel syndrome and fibromyalgia and it works great for it also. My dr. said this medicine is much safer than over the counter sleep aids.”

I am a 72 year old female · Taken for 10 years or more October 27, 2017

“I have been taking estazolam over 30 years without bad side effects. I fall asleep quickly and wake up rested. I have taken other meds for insomnia because of all the severe warnings but none have worked for me. Medicare will not pay for this medication because they say it's not for insomnia!!!”

Scotty M February 13, 2010

“This drug is by far the best sleeping medicine I have tried. Very gentle initiating sleep, and sleep for about 7-8 hours waking up feeling like I've taken nothing. I'm so glad I did my research and asked my doctor about this hidden gem.”

Anonymous August 4, 2008

“Recently came across extazolam after many years of sleeping problems. It works like a charm. 1 mg allows me to fall asleep quickly and sleep a full 8 hours. 2 mg was too much and caused sleepiness and grogginess well into the next day. 1 mg is perfect, wake up feeling great and refreshed.”

Dibbie · Taken for 10 years or more November 11, 2018

“My doctor prescribed estazolam for me as a medication for insomnia (which I developed immediately following a total hysterectomy--oopherectomy (25 years ago!!). The immediate improvement in my ability to sleep was amazing. Although I later learned that it is really an anti-anxiety medicine, it continues to give me the very best night's sleep. (I am careful not to take it every night so that I don't become immune to its effects, but for me it is a miracle drug. I sleep through the night and wake up refreshed.”

Pussywillow · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 17, 2019

“I've been taking estazolam 2 mg for 10 months and it's really been a lifesaver. Although I am starting to wake up more frequently during the night and starting to think I'm becoming too tolerant of it and need a break. I'll talk to my doctor and see the alternatives but scared they won't be as good as this.”

Antonio January 4, 2019

“Ambien didn't worked for me. I felt really groggy the next day. My doctor prescribed me this medication and it works great. I've been taking 2 mgs before bedtime . I must note that I do wake up feeling sleepy/druggy the next day but it goes away after a cup (or a couple of cups) of coffee. It worked way better than ambien for me. Would recommend.”

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 14, 2012

“I take Estazolam 1.5mg before bedtime and it works quite well. I alternate with Seroquel to avoid getting a tolerance to either. Been on Estazolam 9 months and have no tolerance because of alternating it with other meds.”

Frenchi1234 June 7, 2016

“Have chronic insomnia for six years. Estazolam helps me fall asleep, .5-1.0 mg. Four hours later it's toss and turn. Lots of dreams. Next day it's double vision. Even on .5mg. looking for alternatives.”

eggcream35 December 14, 2009

“I use it after a few bad nights of sleep. It has provided a good night's sleep but it is a drug and I would prefer to use a natural remedy, if I could find one. I am looking at Restaid but it is rated second best after Solumin”

71 year old male · Taken for 10 years or more February 17, 2017

“Taking estazolam for 20 years. Amazing drug. Go to sleep quickly and wake up when needed. No side affects.”

Anonymous November 13, 2010

Prosom (estazolam): “Worked very well the first week, now in week 2 not so well. Great for short term.”

Speedsnigel July 6, 2014

“Fantastic! Takes all anxiety away and give your muscles relaxation as well. Best pill I've tried. And I've tried some thousands.”

Dgs30 July 10, 2008

“You are going to be surprised how fast you'll fall asleep and how great you feel when you wake up.”

Anonymous December 13, 2014