User Reviews for Estazolam

Insomnia
8.6

Reviews for Estazolam

rmg2108 · Taken for 10 years or more · November 19, 2015

Prosom (estazolam) for Insomnia: “I absolutely LOVE Prosom. I have experienced chronic Insomina my entire life, but when I go through an extreme "bout" I Prosom and it ALWAYS works and I never feel drowsy, have difficulty waking or any negative side effects. I think it's the best sleeping pill of them all. I can only get the generic now and fear it will stop being manufactured! No other sleeping pill has ever been this effective! I highly recommend it!”

Benzodream · June 5, 2019

For Insomnia: “One of the best sleep meds available. But be warned; it will not work for long if you take it every night. No benzodiazepine will. I have suffered from delayed sleep phase disorder and insomnia for 25 years, and have tried nearly every medication for insomnia. I have found that if you use benzos for sleep, you have to leave 2 days between each dose or they will stop working and/or you will become dependent (and benzo withdrawal is very nasty). I switch between a benzo and mirtazepine (which is also highly effective at a dose of 15-30 mg). As far as benzos go, I believe estazolam, diazepam, temazepam, and alprazolam are the most effective to stay asleep for 7-9 hours..”

I am a 72 year old female · Taken for 10 years or more · October 27, 2017

For Insomnia: “I have been taking estazolam over 30 years without bad side effects. I fall asleep quickly and wake up rested. I have taken other meds for insomnia because of all the severe warnings but none have worked for me. Medicare will not pay for this medication because they say it's not for insomnia!!!”

Anonymous · May 22, 2008

For Insomnia: “I've had trouble sleeping for over 20 years and have tried literally every sleep aid on the market. I accidentally discovered Estazolam (a long story) and asked my Doctor to let me try it, at first he tried me on Ambien and then Lunesta and fianlly he prescribed Estazolam. I am now sleeping 7 to 8 hours every single night and awkake feeling refreshed and without any kind of drugged hangover feeling. I actually feel great, more rested, and much more active and productive.”

Restful · April 2, 2013

For Insomnia: “I have had insomnia for years. In 1991 I had surgery for ovarian cancer. The chemo made me very nervous. My dr. Prescribed this medicine and it worked great. Since then, I have continued to take. I have worked in a health food store for years and have tried all the natural supplements. So far this is the best and safest medication I have taken. I usually only need 1 mg. at night. I also have irritable bowel syndrome and fibromyalgia and it works great for it also. My dr. said this medicine is much safer than over the counter sleep aids.”

Dibbie · Taken for 10 years or more · November 11, 2018

For Insomnia: “My doctor prescribed estazolam for me as a medication for insomnia (which I developed immediately following a total hysterectomy--oopherectomy (25 years ago!!). The immediate improvement in my ability to sleep was amazing. Although I later learned that it is really an anti-anxiety medicine, it continues to give me the very best night's sleep. (I am careful not to take it every night so that I don't become immune to its effects, but for me it is a miracle drug. I sleep through the night and wake up refreshed.”

Scotty M · February 13, 2010

For Insomnia: “This drug is by far the best sleeping medicine I have tried. Very gentle initiating sleep, and sleep for about 7-8 hours waking up feeling like I've taken nothing. I'm so glad I did my research and asked my doctor about this hidden gem.”

Anonymous · August 4, 2008

For Insomnia: “Recently came across extazolam after many years of sleeping problems. It works like a charm. 1 mg allows me to fall asleep quickly and sleep a full 8 hours. 2 mg was too much and caused sleepiness and grogginess well into the next day. 1 mg is perfect, wake up feeling great and refreshed.”

Pussywillow · Taken for 6 months to 1 year · February 17, 2019

For Insomnia: “I've been taking estazolam 2 mg for 10 months and it's really been a lifesaver. Although I am starting to wake up more frequently during the night and starting to think I'm becoming too tolerant of it and need a break. I'll talk to my doctor and see the alternatives but scared they won't be as good as this.”

Amfetamarynia · June 11, 2021

For Insomnia: “I took 4-6 mg doses several times. Makes me a lil sleepy, a lil chilled, and also a lil debilitated as other benzodiazepines, but doesn't put me into deep sleep right away (what I expected) like quetiapine does. In my case, I can say, it works kinda like a button to completely switch emotions off. I just lay there, but still, can't sleep.”

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year · September 14, 2012

For Insomnia: “I take Estazolam 1.5mg before bedtime and it works quite well. I alternate with Seroquel to avoid getting a tolerance to either. Been on Estazolam 9 months and have no tolerance because of alternating it with other meds.”

Antonio · January 4, 2019

For Insomnia: “Ambien didn't worked for me. I felt really groggy the next day. My doctor prescribed me this medication and it works great. I've been taking 2 mgs before bedtime . I must note that I do wake up feeling sleepy/druggy the next day but it goes away after a cup (or a couple of cups) of coffee. It worked way better than ambien for me. Would recommend.”

Frenchi1234 · June 7, 2016

For Insomnia: “Have chronic insomnia for six years. Estazolam helps me fall asleep, .5-1.0 mg. Four hours later it's toss and turn. Lots of dreams. Next day it's double vision. Even on .5mg. looking for alternatives.”

Agne · Taken for 6 months to 1 year · January 12, 2021

For Insomnia: “I tried ambien and estazolam. Estazolam sometimes works sometimes not, causes too many unpleasant dreams. I take 2mg. Last night took 3mg, had bad sleep and many nightmares. Ambien works better for me, at least it works every time and I can rely on it. Still want to try ambien xr and lunesta.”

eggcream35 · December 14, 2009

For Insomnia: “I use it after a few bad nights of sleep. It has provided a good night's sleep but it is a drug and I would prefer to use a natural remedy, if I could find one. I am looking at Restaid but it is rated second best after Solumin”

71 year old male · Taken for 10 years or more · February 17, 2017

For Insomnia: “Taking estazolam for 20 years. Amazing drug. Go to sleep quickly and wake up when needed. No side affects.”

LT · Taken for 10 years or more · August 13, 2020

For Insomnia: “I taken 1 mg for 15 years and it works great for insomnia. I’ve tried to taper off but keep waking up. I’m 72 and just decided to keep taking it each night.”

Speedsnigel · July 6, 2014

For Insomnia: “Fantastic! Takes all anxiety away and give your muscles relaxation as well. Best pill I've tried. And I've tried some thousands.”

Anonymous · November 13, 2010

Prosom (estazolam) for Insomnia: “Worked very well the first week, now in week 2 not so well. Great for short term.”

Anonymous · December 13, 2014

For Insomnia: “Best of the best.”

Boo · Taken for 1 to 6 months · August 25, 2019

For Insomnia: “Great... but good luck quitting. It is the worst. Took it for 50 days and now I’m dependent on it. I don’t sleep if I don’t take it and have crazy anxiety. I took 1mg then reduced to 0.5mg”

Dgs30 · July 10, 2008

For Insomnia: “You are going to be surprised how fast you'll fall asleep and how great you feel when you wake up.”

It is good. · Taken for 6 months to 1 year · December 30, 2013

For Insomnia: “Strong.”

Anonymous · Taken for 5 to 10 years · February 13, 2022

For Insomnia: “Always it is effective at the same dosage. The best medicine for insomia. I have used this medicine for more than 5 years without any problem.”

Cammy · March 18, 2021

“I have this for Anxiety. I feel out of it after taking it this, weak - not tired, a bit zombie-like then all of a sudden boom am back on tract to being normal.”