User Reviews for Estazolam

Insomnia

Summary of Estazolam reviews 8.7 19 reviews

Reviews for Estazolam

Benzodream June 5, 2019

For Insomnia: "One of the best sleep meds available. But be warned; it will not work for long if you take it every night. No benzodiazepine will. I have suffered from delayed sleep phase disorder and insomnia for 25 years, and have tried nearly every medication for insomnia. I have found that if you use benzos for sleep, you have to leave 2 days between each dose or they will stop working and/or you will become dependent (and benzo withdrawal is very nasty). I switch between a benzo and mirtazepine (which is also highly effective at a dose of 15-30 mg). As far as benzos go, I believe estazolam, diazepam, temazepam, and alprazolam are the most effective to stay asleep for 7-9 hours.."

Pussywillow · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 17, 2019

For Insomnia: "I've been taking estazolam 2 mg for 10 months and it's really been a lifesaver. Although I am starting to wake up more frequently during the night and starting to think I'm becoming too tolerant of it and need a break. I'll talk to my doctor and see the alternatives but scared they won't be as good as this."

Antonio January 4, 2019

For Insomnia: "Ambien didn't worked for me. I felt really groggy the next day. My doctor prescribed me this medication and it works great. I've been taking 2 mgs before bedtime . I must note that I do wake up feeling sleepy/druggy the next day but it goes away after a cup (or a couple of cups) of coffee. It worked way better than ambien for me. Would recommend."

Dibbie · Taken for 10 years or more November 11, 2018

For Insomnia: "My doctor prescribed estazolam for me as a medication for insomnia (which I developed immediately following a total hysterectomy--oopherectomy (25 years ago!!). The immediate improvement in my ability to sleep was amazing. Although I later learned that it is really an anti-anxiety medicine, it continues to give me the very best night's sleep. (I am careful not to take it every night so that I don't become immune to its effects, but for me it is a miracle drug. I sleep through the night and wake up refreshed."

I am a 72 year old female · Taken for 10 years or more October 27, 2017

For Insomnia: "I have been taking estazolam over 30 years without bad side effects. I fall asleep quickly and wake up rested. I have taken other meds for insomnia because of all the severe warnings but none have worked for me. Medicare will not pay for this medication because they say it's not for insomnia!!!"

71 year old male · Taken for 10 years or more February 17, 2017

For Insomnia: "Taking estazolam for 20 years. Amazing drug. Go to sleep quickly and wake up when needed. No side affects."

Frenchi1234 June 7, 2016

For Insomnia: "Have chronic insomnia for six years. Estazolam helps me fall asleep, .5-1.0 mg. Four hours later it's toss and turn. Lots of dreams. Next day it's double vision. Even on .5mg. looking for alternatives."

rmg2108 · Taken for 10 years or more November 19, 2015

Prosom (estazolam) for Insomnia: "I absolutely LOVE Prosom. I have experienced chronic Insomina my entire life, but when I go through an extreme "bout" I Prosom and it ALWAYS works and I never feel drowsy, have difficulty waking or any negative side effects. I think it's the best sleeping pill of them all. I can only get the generic now and fear it will stop being manufactured! No other sleeping pill has ever been this effective! I highly recommend it!"

Anonymous December 13, 2014

For Insomnia: "Best of the best."

Speedsnigel July 6, 2014

For Insomnia: "Fantastic! Takes all anxiety away and give your muscles relaxation as well. Best pill I've tried. And I've tried some thousands."

It is good. · Taken for 6 months to 1 year December 30, 2013

For Insomnia: "Strong."

Restful April 2, 2013

For Insomnia: "I have had insomnia for years. In 1991 I had surgery for ovarian cancer. The chemo made me very nervous. My dr. Prescribed this medicine and it worked great. Since then, I have continued to take. I have worked in a health food store for years and have tried all the natural supplements. So far this is the best and safest medication I have taken. I usually only need 1 mg. at night. I also have irritable bowel syndrome and fibromyalgia and it works great for it also. My dr. said this medicine is much safer than over the counter sleep aids."

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 14, 2012

For Insomnia: "I take Estazolam 1.5mg before bedtime and it works quite well. I alternate with Seroquel to avoid getting a tolerance to either. Been on Estazolam 9 months and have no tolerance because of alternating it with other meds."

Anonymous November 13, 2010

Prosom (estazolam) for Insomnia: "Worked very well the first week, now in week 2 not so well. Great for short term."

Scotty M February 13, 2010

For Insomnia: "This drug is by far the best sleeping medicine I have tried. Very gentle initiating sleep, and sleep for about 7-8 hours waking up feeling like I've taken nothing. I'm so glad I did my research and asked my doctor about this hidden gem."

eggcream35 December 14, 2009

For Insomnia: "I use it after a few bad nights of sleep. It has provided a good night's sleep but it is a drug and I would prefer to use a natural remedy, if I could find one. I am looking at Restaid but it is rated second best after Solumin"

Anonymous August 4, 2008

For Insomnia: "Recently came across extazolam after many years of sleeping problems. It works like a charm. 1 mg allows me to fall asleep quickly and sleep a full 8 hours. 2 mg was too much and caused sleepiness and grogginess well into the next day. 1 mg is perfect, wake up feeling great and refreshed."

Dgs30 July 10, 2008

For Insomnia: "You are going to be surprised how fast you'll fall asleep and how great you feel when you wake up."

Anonymous May 22, 2008

For Insomnia: "I've had trouble sleeping for over 20 years and have tried literally every sleep aid on the market. I accidentally discovered Estazolam (a long story) and asked my Doctor to let me try it, at first he tried me on Ambien and then Lunesta and fianlly he prescribed Estazolam. I am now sleeping 7 to 8 hours every single night and awkake feeling refreshed and without any kind of drugged hangover feeling. I actually feel great, more rested, and much more active and productive."

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)