User Reviews for Vasotec

1 review 16 medications
Diabetic Kidney Disease

Summary of Vasotec reviews 6.5 3 reviews

Reviews for Vasotec

For Diabetic Kidney Disease "10/30/2018: I am insulin dependent Type 1 diabetic who takes enalapril 5mg to control Kidney Microprotenuria. Recently I changed to Vasotec 5mg cause Teva Enalapril 5mg no longer being carried at my local Walgreens. Horrific adverse reactions causing my insulin not to work in my body & causing high levels of glucose. The VAsotec 5mg seems to be acting like a Beta Blocker which raises sugar and prevents insulin from working. While Enalapril Ace Inhibitors tend to help lower sugar levels & helps insulin work well. I traced Vasotec 5mg manufacturer to Oceanside Pharma located in Puerto Rico which is a subsidiary of Valeant Pharma who recently changed their name to Bausch Pharma . I suspect that there might be something dangerously wrong in the mftg process of Vasotec pill in Puerto Rico. "

MimiM1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 30, 2018

For Left Ventricular Dysfunction "This medication worked great for me as far as keeping my BP in check while I recovered from heart failure. I did have some mild coughing and dizziness if I got up too fast, but nothing I couldn't handle. After being on this for 1 1/2 years I developed angioedema - swelling of lip and face. Was immediately taken off the meds, told to take some Benadryl. The symptoms went away and I was put on a different medication."

JustMEinNC June 5, 2015

For Diabetic Kidney Disease "Had a continuing cough and had to stop taking."

Anonymous August 23, 2011