User Reviews for Vasotec

Vasotec has an average rating of 3.8 out of 10 from a total of 4 ratings on Drugs.com. 25% of reviewers reported a positive experience, while 75% reported a negative experience.

Diabetic Kidney Disease
High Blood Pressure
Left Ventricular Dysfunction
Summary of Vasotec reviews 3.8 4 reviews

MikeM · Taken for less than 1 month · December 13, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “Just terrible for me: I was on Vasotec years ago, and it completely scrambled my memory. The simplest tasks became a nightmare--I remember trying to buy a birthday card, and I simply could not understand the text. I had to re-read it over, and over again it was that bad. I simply could not comprehend what the card meant at the time. I then told my doctor later that the pills were having such strange side effects, and he then switched me to a different medication.”

JustMEinNC · June 5, 2015

For Left Ventricular Dysfunction: “This medication worked great for me as far as keeping my BP in check while I recovered from heart failure. I did have some mild coughing and dizziness if I got up too fast, but nothing I couldn't handle. After being on this for 1 1/2 years I developed angioedema - swelling of lip and face. Was immediately taken off the meds, told to take some Benadryl. The symptoms went away and I was put on a different medication.”

MimiM1 · Taken for 1 to 6 months · October 30, 2018

For Diabetic Kidney Disease: “10/30/2018: I am insulin dependent Type 1 diabetic who takes enalapril 5mg to control Kidney Microprotenuria. Recently I changed to Vasotec 5mg cause Teva Enalapril 5mg no longer being carried at my local Walgreens. Horrific adverse reactions causing my insulin not to work in my body & causing high levels of glucose. The VAsotec 5mg seems to be acting like a Beta Blocker which raises sugar and prevents insulin from working. While Enalapril Ace Inhibitors tend to help lower sugar levels & helps insulin work well. I traced Vasotec 5mg manufacturer to Oceanside Pharma located in Puerto Rico which is a subsidiary of Valeant Pharma who recently changed their name to Bausch Pharma . I suspect that there might be something dangerously wrong in the mftg process of Vasotec pill in Puerto Rico. ”

Anonymous · August 23, 2011

For Diabetic Kidney Disease: “Had a continuing cough and had to stop taking.”