User Reviews for Enalapril to treat Left Ventricular Dysfunction

Also known as: Vasotec, Epaned

JustMEinNC June 5, 2015

Vasotec (enalapril): “This medication worked great for me as far as keeping my BP in check while I recovered from heart failure. I did have some mild coughing and dizziness if I got up too fast, but nothing I couldn't handle. After being on this for 1 1/2 years I developed angioedema - swelling of lip and face. Was immediately taken off the meds, told to take some Benadryl. The symptoms went away and I was put on a different medication.”

RogerEly November 29, 2010

“I'm sure that this medicine works wonders for those who can tolerate it, but not me. I was on it for 6 to 7 weeks and couldn't finish a sentence without coughing every two words. The worst part though is that it caused me to develop a case of pancreatitis after 7 weeks which kept me in the hospital for 10 days and was unable to eat for 10 days and not able to drink fluids for 5 days. I lived on IV fluids. I hope everyone else has better luck.”

Brians Mom November 26, 2008

“Enalapril has been shown to prevent the remodeling of heart structure. This is the most important drug that my 20 year old son takes with respect to delaying transplant. His ventricular function has not deteriorated since starting enalapril 9 years ago and his cardiologist tells him to take this medication religiously.”