User Reviews for Gianvi

Menstrual Disorders 12 reviews 71 medications

5.5
Summary of Gianvi reviews 144 reviews 6.7

Reviews for Gianvi

For Birth Control "Been on this pill for 2 weeks. I have been extremely happy and in a good mood. No break outs besides little bitty white heads that I get just when I eat oily foods. So far so good."

JJjjjjjjjJj December 4, 2016

For Acne "I took gianvi, the generic of Yaz for two months. I had some breakthrough bleeding and cramps near my original start date, and still bad cramps during the sugar pills. My acne cleared up big time. But I started getting melasma (dark spots) on my cheeks, especially near my eyes. No weight gain. Huge, huge decrease in libido. Currently trying to find something else."

tlc789 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 16, 2016

For Menstrual Disorders "I have been on Gianvi around three years. I had always had extremely painful periods with clotting that would last 7 days since puberty, and really did not know how abnormal what I was experiencing was. Suddenly, in my mid twenties, I started having two periods a month, then they would last almost two weeks at a time. I was either having horrible pms or bleeding 100% of the time. Originally, dr had me on Apri. After 6 weeks of nonstop bleeding, dr switched to Yaz, which switched to Gianvi a few months later. The bleeding stopped, and each period got lighter and less painful. However, it did take two years for my periods to actually fall on inactive pill days."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 8, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on it for 3 months, and it's pretty good. Your acne does get semi worse for the first couple months but at month 3, I can see that my skin is clearing up. I would say 8/10 in terms of how much it's helped my skin. I don't think I've gained much weight, but my boobs have definitely gotten bigger. No loss of sex drive for me, but it has not helped my period cramps/aches at all. I think it's only made my period marginally lighter. It does what it does, fairly well, and it's completely covered by my insurance. There have been no negative side effects as of now."

JaxDrogs (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 17, 2016

For Menstrual Disorders "Was started on this because of extremely heavy bleeding and also birth control. I have nothing negative to say. It's been 2 years and have been enjoying it. Took about 2 months for the bleeding to slow down, and now its literally spotting to non existence with little to no cramps."

KLani (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 20, 2016

For Birth Control "I'm currently on Gianvi & let me tell ya I'm having the worst experience ever, my migraines are so bad after they're it feels like my brain is about to fall out of my head, I'm constantly dizzy & always having weird chest pain.. I have made the decision to get off of this pill as soon as possible & have made the decision to go with the most traditional route.. CONDOMS even though I already have a 10 month old. I was on the depo shot before this & that was a horrible experience too! I've read so many reviews on this pill some good some bad some relatable. I'm constantly feel like I'm having a anxiety attack my hormones are out of this world."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 30, 2016

For Birth Control "I have been on 4 different birth controls and I must say that this one is by far the worst one so far. I have gained about 30 pounds since being on it (with the same diet). I am very moody quite often. And I have headaches all of the time."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 29, 2016

For Birth Control "For birth control purposes, never gotten pregnant. For acne purposes, my face used to be extremely broken out & this definitely helped. However, I gained about 10-15 pounds with the year I was on it (my boobs grew so that was a plus) & I started going into a depression & feeling like I was going insane. Needless to say, I switched."

Plots (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 16, 2016

For Acne "My acne got worse and so did my moods. The only thing that was good about it is I was less hungry. I wouldn't recommend it for acne, but for birth control I would."

Kimdiesal 32145668910 August 16, 2016

For Birth Control "AWFUL. I know it's different for everyone but this has been awful. I've tried 4 different birth controls and now I'm on this one. I have terrible cystic acne because of it, even have acne on my legs!!!! None of this has ever happened since before I started this. If I could post pictures I would. Also, I do not have a period. I mean that's kinda nice but I always take at least two pregnancy tests a month to make sure, even though I'm being safe. I'm not saying I wouldn't recommend it, because you should at least try it to see if it works for you. Good luck!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 12, 2016

For Birth Control "I LOVE gianvi. I used this for birth control and for PMDD. I've had ZERO moodiness, very little PMS symptoms and very light periods. I've been taking Gianvi for 4+ years and can't say enough great things about it. My local pharmacy recently switched to a different brand (same hormone combo) of this birth control and I felt horrible, headaches, mood swings, stomach aches. Please be sure you are getting Gianvi and not a different name brand."

Happyh2138 July 21, 2016

For Birth Control "I was on Gianvi from the age of 16-22 & I loved it. I had great skin (w/ the occ. brkout), short periods, & little cramping. I heard that Mirena IUD made it so you had no periods & I thought not having to take a pill every day would be great too. So I switched to the IUD & everything was going well until about 6 months in I started getting HORRIBLE acne, like I had never had before. Long story short I got it out & I just recently switched over from IUD back to Gianvi (after a few month break in between my acne got a lot better). Since getting back on Gianvi I have been having the horrible acne coming back. I see my esthetician weekly & have since my IUD acne. Going to try to stick it out for 3-4 mo. & hoping to have the ance goes away soon."

HannahD0320 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 18, 2016

For Menstrual Disorders "The pill worked wonders for me, after being diagnosed with PCOS when I was 17. I was overweight, pimply, and struggled with chronic depression. I was originally prescribed Yaz but then began taking the generic, Gianvi, because of insurance reasons. I personally couldn't tell any difference between the two. This pill cleared up my acne, improved my depression, gave me light, short bleeds every month on the clock (as opposed to heavy periods every 4-6 months lasting 10 days to two weeks!) and it helped me lose a lot of weight over the course of a year. Unfortunately, I haven't been taking it the past couple years, and it's been rough. I greatly look forward to going back on it soon."

Sandy_beach May 19, 2016

For Menstrual Disorders "I started taking Gianvi when my pharmacy switched to it from the yaz knockoff I had been taking. My periods were out of control. Some would be two weeks, I had more periods days than non bleeding days over the course of two months which made me EXAUSTED. I gained about 30 pounds as well during the course of that time, despite walking an average 13,000 steps a day. And no. That was not muscle. I can no longer fit into most of my professional clothes, and have actually ripped and over stretched a number of items."

Brucethegirl May 12, 2016

"I am 18 years old. When I was put on this medication I was 17. I started on this pill in August 2015. In November of 2015 I was taken to the hospital with BLOOD CLOTS in 3 major veins of my left arm. I do not have a clotting disorder. I have never had health problems. I went through a major bypass where they removed a section of my vein to replace part of the vein around my collarbone that could not eventually fix itself. I had many balloons done through my arm to try to remove the clots. Currently, I am therapeutic. I take a blood thinner twice a day and an aspirin once daily. This has been my daily routine for five and a half months."

britt16 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 1, 2016

For Birth Control "I just finished my second month of Gianvi and it will be my last. CONS: Constant bleeding, gained weight, horrible headaches, and mood swings that make me feel crazy. PRO: No pregnancy, on-time period, went from a B to a C cup, no change in skin."

4545 April 19, 2016

For Birth Control "I have loved using Gianvi, I started it 7 months ago when I was married. My periods are regular however, I never bloated or gained weight. However I have never been such an emotional type until I started taking this pill, and As time went on I have noticed I get a lot of migraines and often dizziness and I am almost certain it is because of this pill, it's bitter sweet but I will be switching to another brand to see if anything changes."

Pinacolina (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 18, 2016

For Birth Control "I used Yaz for years with no problems but Gianvi made me moody, depressed, and seriously suicidal. Once I made the connection that my depression and suicidal thoughts were from the pill, I stopped immediately. Sure enough, two days later, I felt cheerful and fine. I also noticed this pill gave me zero sex drive--so maybe it is really effective birth control."

AMbiguity (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 16, 2016

For Acne "I recently was switched to Gianvi, after trying at least four other birth controls to try an control my acne. I do not have severe acne but everything I was trying did not work. The dermatologist prescribed creams, oral medications etc. and I was still having breakouts. I've been on this birth control for almost a month and ever since I started taking it, I haven't had one breakout. My face has been as clear as ever. Different things work for different people but I would recommend this birth control to anyone struggling with acne."

Hal12335 February 5, 2016

For Acne "If i could give this any less than 1 star i would. I usually take yaz for birth control reasons and because I have pretty bad acne. My Dr prescribed me yaz, yet after trying the other generic Lornya and telling them I don't want any more generics I got stuck with this. Figured I'd try it anyway and let me tell you the last time my skin was this bad I had an allergic reaction to a face wash and was one big puss pimple. On top of that, I ended up getting multiple little cysts in my ovaries because they were trying to form eggs, causing a lot of pain and a high doctor bill trying to figure out the problem with tests and my periods are usually early and I'm in pain. Needless to say I gave up, & next week I start the real yaz again and I can't wait"

yllek llennoccm February 2, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been using Gianvi for the last 4 years. Other pills used to make me spot inbetween periods. This pill changed everything! My period is so regular now comes every month on the expected day always within 3 hours of each other. Way less cramping, no side effects, and it only lasts around 4 days. Make sure you get Gianvi and not a generic version as they effected me differently. Awesome BC!"

Rosedale January 6, 2016

For Birth Control "I've personally had a great experience on Gianvi so far. I'm on my third month and I've actually been able to lose weight for the first time in so long! I do work out too, but I did before and was at a stand still. I am a bit scared though cause I may switch to Yaz, as for some reason it's way cheaper on my insurance over this generic. Really though, it's been great!"

ginaginagina January 5, 2016

For Acne "Throughout puberty I had always had mild blemishes. Usually nothing too serious, occasinally cysts around the time of my menstural cycle. However, I've always been very self conscious about my skin and I wanted a fix once and for all. I visited the dermatologist and was prescribes topical medications but they didn't really do anything for the hormonal cysts. So finally I went on gianvi and I am so glad I did. There was an inital breakout and it was terrible but after 4 or 5 months there was evidently a drastic change. I no longer get any blemishes or cysts of any sorts. I am a bit more emotional than I previously was but the clarity and overrall radiance of my skin is definitely worth it."

hollycarol January 4, 2016

For Birth Control "Was on Gianvi for 2 months. Stopped taking it because it gave me mood swings, and caused me to break out more (which was the reason I wanted to take it in the first place). My sex drive was really low the first month, but it got back to normal. I had terrible cramps before, and this actually helped alot. I had an awful time tryin to concentrate on things, and over all it just made me feel crazy... :("

Olive2 December 17, 2015

For Birth Control "I did not gain any weight, and have seen a slight improvement in my skin overall ( I never really had/have acne though). One thing that I have noticed is my anxiety and moodiness (depression) is completely out of control. I'm either suffering from sky-high anxiety for no reason, or I'm fighting back tears for no reason! Also, my sex drive has completely plummeted, I mean from 10 to absolutely ZERO. I am in my late twenties and this has been a real struggle with my long term relationship. Definitely not the pill for me."

Hbonn (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 11, 2015