User Reviews for Gianvi

Menstrual Disorders 15 reviews 71 medications

5.7
Summary of Gianvi reviews 160 reviews 6.6

Reviews for Gianvi

For Birth Control "This is my third and final update - good news! - just make it through the first pack and a half! My body completely acclimated after that and I feel totally normal again. After getting back into a regular workout routine again, the pills emotional and physical effects gradually lessened. I do still have some breast sensitivity, light bloating, and as of recently, a lower sex drive, but I'm not the raging, depressed, lethargic mess I was a month ago lol. My advice - the first month and some is going to suck; I felt physically and emotionally so out of whack, I wanted to give up 3-5 times a week, but GIVE IT TIME. Give your body a solid month and a half to adjust and then make the decision to stick with it or move on."

btl234 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Menstrual Disorders "I've been taking Gianvi for about three years, and have never experienced any negative side effects. I've noticed my periods have gradually become shorter and lighter, decreasing from about 4-5 constant days of heavy/moderate bleeding to 2-3 days of moderate bleeding and another day of light spotting. Additionally, prior to taking Gianvi, my periods were fairly painful for the first two days, but this medication seems to have helped dramatically with my cramping. Now I typically only experience one day of cramping, and sometimes it's so light that I don't need to take painkillers. Finally, I always know the exact day my period will begin. Gianvi has made my periods so much more manageable, and as an added bonus, my acne cleared up too!"

Anonymous July 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Hello again! I provided a quick summary of my experience with the pill two weeks in below and wanted to give an update...So, the good news- my boobs are bigger and the acne around my chin area has subsided. Bad news, I've gained weight and I'm always bloated. I've always had a flat stomach, but ever since I started taking the pill I'm 24/7 bloated. All hell broke loose this weekend when I literally thought I was being possessed by the devil. I started bleeding heavily and the cramping was relentless and unbearable. After a night out, I came home and was overwhelmed with depression and anxiety. I was hypersensitive to every sound and I cried for 3 hours for god knows what reason. I'm hesitant to start this new pack after that hellish episode"

btl234 June 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "This pill is AWFUL. It made me sad, anxious (never had this problem before), and my skin worse than ever. I feel like my entire personality changed. I quit taking it and am already starting to feel better. Everybody is different, but I suggest looking into others, especially if you already have anxiety to some degree."

amf78554 June 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I'm just about to finish my first pack, so I don't know how helpful my experience with the pill is at this point. So far, my acne has not changed :/ I have had breakouts of small bumps and some larger pimples around my chin and mouth area since high school (I'm 24 now) and I've just about exhausted every other acne medication option. I'm hoping in the next couple packs I will start to see a difference. In terms of my mood, alertness, activity, weight - no complaints, I feel great! I felt a little emotional and irritable the first couple of weeks when my body was adjusting, but nothing crazy. I still work full-time and work out 2-3 times a week with no unusual tiredness. I haven't noticed any weight gain either!"

btl234 June 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "This pill was absolutely awful for me. 2 weeks in, I started feeling more irritable and moody, I ignored it, telling myself it just was the change in the hormones of the pill. I was on it for 2 months total, I got depressed on it, irritable, moody, cried for no reason, and got a migraine that lasted for days, it was unbearable. I also developed a yeast infection while on it. It was a miserable 2 months and I'll never go back. I rather take no pill then take this one"

Maria p (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "After going on my 4th month of taking Gianvi, I had to stop taking this product completely. While this birth control pills does the job of preventing pregnancy and is very easy to take, it also had significant side effects that way surpassed the pros. I had terrible mood swings, deep depressing feelings over trivial situations, uncontrollable crying and a total loss of sex drive. At first I thought it was just early menopause ( at age 40) but after doing some research and experiment , I realized that it was the bc pills."

J14 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've tried several different pills and the nuva ring. I always had terrible side effects including bloating, mood swings, and dryness. This pill has been great. I've been on it for about eight months now. The only side effect I had was weight loss. I went from about 128 to 118 in one month."

Natalie S April 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I was on gianvi for about 3 years or so. At first I really really liked it. It was super easy to take, my skin cleared up, and my periods became sooo much easier as well as I stopped getting cysts. However, towards the end of my taking the pill I began to realize just how depressed it was making me. I began having suicidal thoughts, I was just in a really bad place and then it occurred to me that it might have been the birth control affecting me so I stopped taking it and I have been so much happier, the depression is as if it was never there. Looking back, I miss gianvi. It would have been perfect had it not affected my head."

Enw15 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I started this bc pill to regulate my period and then used as a birth control option. I always use a condom too so I can't give an honest opinion on how well it worked in that department. My shoulders and back had some mild acne but it's all cleared up by now, and I've been on the pill for 6 months. My face still get the occasional bump or two, but nothing nearly as bad. My body synced up to the pill and my period is light and only 3 days long. The worst side effects are nausea and the mood swings. I cry a lot easier now and seem irritable. The spotting stopped within the first two months of taking the pill."

annakristine13 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "Since my early teens, I have endured horrible cystic acne covering my face, back, and chest. After trying various vitamins, creams, and dieting strategies, at 17 I started taking a low-estrogen pill. My acne flared up even worse. I then diagnosed myself with producing large amounts of the male hormone androgen and switched to Gianvi at 18. I have been on this pill for roughly 4 or 5 months, and have noticed a significant skin change. Instead of producing large cysts, I now have smaller pimples and for that, I am incredibly grateful. However, I now have the average amount of estrogen in my system, and so, for this reason, I have noticed a SIGNIFICANT weight change. I diet meticulously, and yet I have gained 15 pounds! Will be switching pills"

Veronica L. (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Menstrual Disorders "I took yaz when I was 18-20 with no issues at all. I'm now 27 and I was recently diagnosed with pcos, so I was prescribed yaz / gianvi to help with the side effects. I don't really have an irregular period, but more of the hormonal side effects. I took gianvi for one month with no weight gain, no nausea, but I had TERRIBLE migraines. It was truly debilitating. One was for at least 5 days. It got worse every time I took the pill, because I wasn't sure they were related until the 4th night of the migraine. I stopped taking it and the migraine stopped. Also, I had no sex drive for the entire month of taking this pill and really bad hot flashes and vag dryness. Pros: I had really clear skin & didn't get preg"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Menstrual Disorders "I am 25 years old. Not on birth control 2 years prior to taking this med. I just finished my 3rd month and everyday I have migraine, headaches and become dizzy for most of the day. I am switching. On the other hand I used to feel nauseous around my ovulation, this med fixed that. No weight gain. Acne diminished. But the migraines get in the way of school and work."

Gabriela Marie (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I took Yaz years ago, without issue. I don't know if it's my body aging or what, but when I started taking Gianvi (generic Yaz) 4 months ago, the depression/anxiety/anger side effect is just too much. I'm quitting. I have read that the synthetic hormone in this BC, drospirenone, can cause depression. For me, it's been dramatic. Every month about 5 days before my period, I cry uncontrollably and get irritable and angry for no reason. I'm dead-eyed depressed and feel lethargic at times. Also, I have ZERO sex drive and cannot climax when I do. I am not myself, mentally or emotionally, and it's just not worth it to take this pill any more. If you are prone to depression, do not take this."

CriesAlotLikeWayTooMuch (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I was on Gianvi for about five years with minimal issues until I developed bilateral pulmonary embolisms (blood clots in my lungs). The only thing that the doctors could find as to why I developed the blood clots was my birth control pill (Gianvi). After doing some research after the fact, I discovered that the hormone used in Gianvi, drospirenone, makes you more likely to develop blood clots as compared to other birth control pills that do no have drospirenone. I would have not taken this pill had I known that I had a higher chance of developing potentially deadly blood clots."

SarahDawn86 January 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I used another generic brand Vestura for several months and noticed my adult acne improving greatly as an added benefit. I switched to Gianvi because of insurance and lower prices at another pharmacy. I will be going back to Vestura ASAP. My hormonal acne has gotten incredibly worse since the switch with 2 - 5 pimples every month. On Vestura, I barely had a single pimple monthly. All generics are not created equal"

Joy16 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Been on this pill for 2 weeks. I have been extremely happy and in a good mood. No break outs besides little bitty white heads that I get just when I eat oily foods. So far so good."

JJjjjjjjjJj December 4, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I took gianvi, the generic of Yaz for two months. I had some breakthrough bleeding and cramps near my original start date, and still bad cramps during the sugar pills. My acne cleared up big time. But I started getting melasma (dark spots) on my cheeks, especially near my eyes. No weight gain. Huge, huge decrease in libido. Currently trying to find something else."

tlc789 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 16, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Menstrual Disorders "I have been on Gianvi around three years. I had always had extremely painful periods with clotting that would last 7 days since puberty, and really did not know how abnormal what I was experiencing was. Suddenly, in my mid twenties, I started having two periods a month, then they would last almost two weeks at a time. I was either having horrible pms or bleeding 100% of the time. Originally, dr had me on Apri. After 6 weeks of nonstop bleeding, dr switched to Yaz, which switched to Gianvi a few months later. The bleeding stopped, and each period got lighter and less painful. However, it did take two years for my periods to actually fall on inactive pill days."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 8, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been on it for 3 months, and it's pretty good. Your acne does get semi worse for the first couple months but at month 3, I can see that my skin is clearing up. I would say 8/10 in terms of how much it's helped my skin. I don't think I've gained much weight, but my boobs have definitely gotten bigger. No loss of sex drive for me, but it has not helped my period cramps/aches at all. I think it's only made my period marginally lighter. It does what it does, fairly well, and it's completely covered by my insurance. There have been no negative side effects as of now."

JaxDrogs (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 17, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Menstrual Disorders "Was started on this because of extremely heavy bleeding and also birth control. I have nothing negative to say. It's been 2 years and have been enjoying it. Took about 2 months for the bleeding to slow down, and now its literally spotting to non existence with little to no cramps."

KLani (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 20, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I'm currently on Gianvi & let me tell ya I'm having the worst experience ever, my migraines are so bad after they're it feels like my brain is about to fall out of my head, I'm constantly dizzy & always having weird chest pain.. I have made the decision to get off of this pill as soon as possible & have made the decision to go with the most traditional route.. CONDOMS even though I already have a 10 month old. I was on the depo shot before this & that was a horrible experience too! I've read so many reviews on this pill some good some bad some relatable. I'm constantly feel like I'm having a anxiety attack my hormones are out of this world."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 30, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been on 4 different birth controls and I must say that this one is by far the worst one so far. I have gained about 30 pounds since being on it (with the same diet). I am very moody quite often. And I have headaches all of the time."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 29, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "For birth control purposes, never gotten pregnant. For acne purposes, my face used to be extremely broken out & this definitely helped. However, I gained about 10-15 pounds with the year I was on it (my boobs grew so that was a plus) & I started going into a depression & feeling like I was going insane. Needless to say, I switched."

Plots (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 16, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "My acne got worse and so did my moods. The only thing that was good about it is I was less hungry. I wouldn't recommend it for acne, but for birth control I would."

Kimdiesal 32145668910 August 16, 2016