User Reviews for Gianvi

Menstrual Disorders 14 reviews 71 medications

5.4
Summary of Gianvi reviews 155 reviews 6.6

Reviews for Gianvi

For Birth Control "This pill was absolutely awful for me. 2 weeks in, I started feeling more irritable and moody, I ignored it, telling myself it just was the change in the hormones of the pill. I was on it for 2 months total, I got depressed on it, irritable, moody, cried for no reason, and got a migraine that lasted for days, it was unbearable. I also developed a yeast infection while on it. It was a miserable 2 months and I'll never go back. I rather take no pill then take this one"

Maria p (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 11, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "After going on my 4th month of taking Gianvi, I had to stop taking this product completely. While this birth control pills does the job of preventing pregnancy and is very easy to take, it also had significant side effects that way surpassed the pros. I had terrible mood swings, deep depressing feelings over trivial situations, uncontrollable crying and a total loss of sex drive. At first I thought it was just early menopause ( at age 40) but after doing some research and experiment , I realized that it was the bc pills."

J14 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 2, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I've tried several different pills and the nuva ring. I always had terrible side effects including bloating, mood swings, and dryness. This pill has been great. I've been on it for about eight months now. The only side effect I had was weight loss. I went from about 128 to 118 in one month."

Natalie S April 27, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I was on gianvi for about 3 years or so. At first I really really liked it. It was super easy to take, my skin cleared up, and my periods became sooo much easier as well as I stopped getting cysts. However, towards the end of my taking the pill I began to realize just how depressed it was making me. I began having suicidal thoughts, I was just in a really bad place and then it occurred to me that it might have been the birth control affecting me so I stopped taking it and I have been so much happier, the depression is as if it was never there. Looking back, I miss gianvi. It would have been perfect had it not affected my head."

Enw15 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 11, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I started this bc pill to regulate my period and then used as a birth control option. I always use a condom too so I can't give an honest opinion on how well it worked in that department. My shoulders and back had some mild acne but it's all cleared up by now, and I've been on the pill for 6 months. My face still get the occasional bump or two, but nothing nearly as bad. My body synced up to the pill and my period is light and only 3 days long. The worst side effects are nausea and the mood swings. I cry a lot easier now and seem irritable. The spotting stopped within the first two months of taking the pill."

annakristine13 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 29, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "Since my early teens, I have endured horrible cystic acne covering my face, back, and chest. After trying various vitamins, creams, and dieting strategies, at 17 I started taking a low-estrogen pill. My acne flared up even worse. I then diagnosed myself with producing large amounts of the male hormone androgen and switched to Gianvi at 18. I have been on this pill for roughly 4 or 5 months, and have noticed a significant skin change. Instead of producing large cysts, I now have smaller pimples and for that, I am incredibly grateful. However, I now have the average amount of estrogen in my system, and so, for this reason, I have noticed a SIGNIFICANT weight change. I diet meticulously, and yet I have gained 15 pounds! Will be switching pills"

Veronica L. (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 26, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Menstrual Disorders "I took yaz when I was 18-20 with no issues at all. I'm now 27 and I was recently diagnosed with pcos, so I was prescribed yaz / gianvi to help with the side effects. I don't really have an irregular period, but more of the hormonal side effects. I took gianvi for one month with no weight gain, no nausea, but I had TERRIBLE migraines. It was truly debilitating. One was for at least 5 days. It got worse every time I took the pill, because I wasn't sure they were related until the 4th night of the migraine. I stopped taking it and the migraine stopped. Also, I had no sex drive for the entire month of taking this pill and really bad hot flashes and vag dryness. Pros: I had really clear skin & didn't get preg"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 18, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Menstrual Disorders "I am 25 years old. Not on birth control 2 years prior to taking this med. I just finished my 3rd month and everyday I have migraine, headaches and become dizzy for most of the day. I am switching. On the other hand I used to feel nauseous around my ovulation, this med fixed that. No weight gain. Acne diminished. But the migraines get in the way of school and work."

Gabriela Marie (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 6, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I took Yaz years ago, without issue. I don't know if it's my body aging or what, but when I started taking Gianvi (generic Yaz) 4 months ago, the depression/anxiety/anger side effect is just too much. I'm quitting. I have read that the synthetic hormone in this BC, drospirenone, can cause depression. For me, it's been dramatic. Every month about 5 days before my period, I cry uncontrollably and get irritable and angry for no reason. I'm dead-eyed depressed and feel lethargic at times. Also, I have ZERO sex drive and cannot climax when I do. I am not myself, mentally or emotionally, and it's just not worth it to take this pill any more. If you are prone to depression, do not take this."

CriesAlotLikeWayTooMuch (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 27, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I was on Gianvi for about five years with minimal issues until I developed bilateral pulmonary embolisms (blood clots in my lungs). The only thing that the doctors could find as to why I developed the blood clots was my birth control pill (Gianvi). After doing some research after the fact, I discovered that the hormone used in Gianvi, drospirenone, makes you more likely to develop blood clots as compared to other birth control pills that do no have drospirenone. I would have not taken this pill had I known that I had a higher chance of developing potentially deadly blood clots."

SarahDawn86 January 18, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I used another generic brand Vestura for several months and noticed my adult acne improving greatly as an added benefit. I switched to Gianvi because of insurance and lower prices at another pharmacy. I will be going back to Vestura ASAP. My hormonal acne has gotten incredibly worse since the switch with 2 - 5 pimples every month. On Vestura, I barely had a single pimple monthly. All generics are not created equal"

Joy16 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 10, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Been on this pill for 2 weeks. I have been extremely happy and in a good mood. No break outs besides little bitty white heads that I get just when I eat oily foods. So far so good."

JJjjjjjjjJj December 4, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "I took gianvi, the generic of Yaz for two months. I had some breakthrough bleeding and cramps near my original start date, and still bad cramps during the sugar pills. My acne cleared up big time. But I started getting melasma (dark spots) on my cheeks, especially near my eyes. No weight gain. Huge, huge decrease in libido. Currently trying to find something else."

tlc789 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 16, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Menstrual Disorders "I have been on Gianvi around three years. I had always had extremely painful periods with clotting that would last 7 days since puberty, and really did not know how abnormal what I was experiencing was. Suddenly, in my mid twenties, I started having two periods a month, then they would last almost two weeks at a time. I was either having horrible pms or bleeding 100% of the time. Originally, dr had me on Apri. After 6 weeks of nonstop bleeding, dr switched to Yaz, which switched to Gianvi a few months later. The bleeding stopped, and each period got lighter and less painful. However, it did take two years for my periods to actually fall on inactive pill days."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 8, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I've been on it for 3 months, and it's pretty good. Your acne does get semi worse for the first couple months but at month 3, I can see that my skin is clearing up. I would say 8/10 in terms of how much it's helped my skin. I don't think I've gained much weight, but my boobs have definitely gotten bigger. No loss of sex drive for me, but it has not helped my period cramps/aches at all. I think it's only made my period marginally lighter. It does what it does, fairly well, and it's completely covered by my insurance. There have been no negative side effects as of now."

JaxDrogs (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 17, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Menstrual Disorders "Was started on this because of extremely heavy bleeding and also birth control. I have nothing negative to say. It's been 2 years and have been enjoying it. Took about 2 months for the bleeding to slow down, and now its literally spotting to non existence with little to no cramps."

KLani (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 20, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I'm currently on Gianvi & let me tell ya I'm having the worst experience ever, my migraines are so bad after they're it feels like my brain is about to fall out of my head, I'm constantly dizzy & always having weird chest pain.. I have made the decision to get off of this pill as soon as possible & have made the decision to go with the most traditional route.. CONDOMS even though I already have a 10 month old. I was on the depo shot before this & that was a horrible experience too! I've read so many reviews on this pill some good some bad some relatable. I'm constantly feel like I'm having a anxiety attack my hormones are out of this world."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 30, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I have been on 4 different birth controls and I must say that this one is by far the worst one so far. I have gained about 30 pounds since being on it (with the same diet). I am very moody quite often. And I have headaches all of the time."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 29, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "For birth control purposes, never gotten pregnant. For acne purposes, my face used to be extremely broken out & this definitely helped. However, I gained about 10-15 pounds with the year I was on it (my boobs grew so that was a plus) & I started going into a depression & feeling like I was going insane. Needless to say, I switched."

Plots (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 16, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "My acne got worse and so did my moods. The only thing that was good about it is I was less hungry. I wouldn't recommend it for acne, but for birth control I would."

Kimdiesal 32145668910 August 16, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "AWFUL. I know it's different for everyone but this has been awful. I've tried 4 different birth controls and now I'm on this one. I have terrible cystic acne because of it, even have acne on my legs!!!! None of this has ever happened since before I started this. If I could post pictures I would. Also, I do not have a period. I mean that's kinda nice but I always take at least two pregnancy tests a month to make sure, even though I'm being safe. I'm not saying I wouldn't recommend it, because you should at least try it to see if it works for you. Good luck!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 12, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I LOVE gianvi. I used this for birth control and for PMDD. I've had ZERO moodiness, very little PMS symptoms and very light periods. I've been taking Gianvi for 4+ years and can't say enough great things about it. My local pharmacy recently switched to a different brand (same hormone combo) of this birth control and I felt horrible, headaches, mood swings, stomach aches. Please be sure you are getting Gianvi and not a different name brand."

Happyh2138 July 21, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I was on Gianvi from the age of 16-22 & I loved it. I had great skin (w/ the occ. brkout), short periods, & little cramping. I heard that Mirena IUD made it so you had no periods & I thought not having to take a pill every day would be great too. So I switched to the IUD & everything was going well until about 6 months in I started getting HORRIBLE acne, like I had never had before. Long story short I got it out & I just recently switched over from IUD back to Gianvi (after a few month break in between my acne got a lot better). Since getting back on Gianvi I have been having the horrible acne coming back. I see my esthetician weekly & have since my IUD acne. Going to try to stick it out for 3-4 mo. & hoping to have the ance goes away soon."

HannahD0320 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 18, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Menstrual Disorders "The pill worked wonders for me, after being diagnosed with PCOS when I was 17. I was overweight, pimply, and struggled with chronic depression. I was originally prescribed Yaz but then began taking the generic, Gianvi, because of insurance reasons. I personally couldn't tell any difference between the two. This pill cleared up my acne, improved my depression, gave me light, short bleeds every month on the clock (as opposed to heavy periods every 4-6 months lasting 10 days to two weeks!) and it helped me lose a lot of weight over the course of a year. Unfortunately, I haven't been taking it the past couple years, and it's been rough. I greatly look forward to going back on it soon."

Sandy_beach May 19, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Menstrual Disorders "I started taking Gianvi when my pharmacy switched to it from the yaz knockoff I had been taking. My periods were out of control. Some would be two weeks, I had more periods days than non bleeding days over the course of two months which made me EXAUSTED. I gained about 30 pounds as well during the course of that time, despite walking an average 13,000 steps a day. And no. That was not muscle. I can no longer fit into most of my professional clothes, and have actually ripped and over stretched a number of items."

Brucethegirl May 12, 2016