User Reviews for Dimenhydrinate to treat Nausea/Vomiting

Also known as: Dramamine, Driminate, Triptone, Calm-X, Dramamine for Kids, Dimetabs, Hydrate, Dramoject, Dymenate, DMH, Dramamine Original Formula, Dramamine Chewable, Travel-Eze, Dinate, Dramanate …show all brand names

Dimenhydrinate has an average rating of 9.0 out of 10 from a total of 23 ratings for the treatment of Nausea/Vomiting. 91% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 4% reported a negative effect.

Dimenhydrinate Rating Summary

9.0/10 average rating

Compare all 170 medications used in the treatment of Nausea/Vomiting.

Reviews for Dimenhydrinate

12 year migraine sufferer · Taken for less than 1 month December 28, 2012

Dramamine (dimenhydrinate): “I had to stop taking my migraine medicine because of a life threatening side effect. Nothing else touched my migraines. I was desperate because of the nausea and dizziness on top of the unbelievable pain, and took a Dramamine. Not only did it stop the nausea and dizziness, it knocked out my migraine enough that I was able to get out aof bed and function - probably from a 10 on the pain scale to a 5. Huge difference!”

Jennygrrl27 June 18, 2011

Dramamine (dimenhydrinate): “During a migraine attack, I took a Dramamine to help me sleep (as, yes, it packs a wallop in the drowsy department). It did make me a little drowsy, but what was more interesting is that my migraine went from a "10" to a "4" on the pain scale. Now when I start to get migraine symptoms, I take an Excedrin and a Dramamine. The combination works tremendously for me.”

robbyzombie April 16, 2015

Dramamine (dimenhydrinate): “Need Something over the counter now...This stuff works. Use as directed every 4 hours and promise you your nausea and vomiting will disappear.. I still think Zofran (Prescription ONLY) is the best stuff but this is a close second for over the counter.”

Lee · Taken for 5 to 10 years January 18, 2020

Dramamine (dimenhydrinate): “I have acid reflux and gastroparesis, so am nauseous most of the time since meds don't work. I found taking just a half of one of the regular generic of dramamine (Equate sold at Wal-Mart) helps tremendously. It evens help with the coughing, since it calms me down without any drowsiness. I also take ginger root nausea med, and just add the equate if needed as a "boost". Can you tell that I've learned, through years, that doctors just try selling drugs that just don't do anything but sell for them?”

Ms. Teacher August 16, 2014

Dramamine (dimenhydrinate): “For me, it works miracles. When I used to drink I'd get the worst hangovers because of the horrible stomach ache and vomiting. If I take this, I know in one hour exactly (it literally takes exactly 60 minutes for me) I will feel better and not even a little nauseous. I also get nasty random bouts of nausea (I have no idea why). Before knowing about Dramamine, I'd have to force myself to vomit just to feel a little bit of relief but after finding this stuff, I no longer suffer. I do not know what I will do if this medicine is ever discontinued. ”

sassamouth · Taken for 1 to 2 years November 22, 2013

Dramamine (dimenhydrinate): “I take this for dizziness which is caused by a prescription medicine I take and it takes dizziness away and helps with anxiety! Non drowsy formula is a better ingredient than the original and only makes me slightly tired! Great medicine!”

Chocolate · Taken for less than 1 month February 28, 2020

Dramamine (dimenhydrinate): “My family came down with the stomach flu it was bad. I went looking for something that would help but wasn't to expensive, I came across Dramamine and I have to say one after taking one pill it works wonders and it last for 24 hours we've had to take another one but it works I highly recommend it.”

Nck · Taken for less than 1 month July 26, 2020

Dramamine (dimenhydrinate): “Went out with my friends on a Saturday night, got home around 3AM. Had to wake up at 6AM for work and I woke up with the spins and felt like throwing up. I continued to feel like this for the remainder of the shift until I saw Dramamine at the gas station on my lunch break. Decided to take 2 and I felt soooo much better. This brought back my appetite and stopped the spinning/nausea.”

Wally · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 26, 2020

Dramamine (dimenhydrinate): “I have indigestion issues really bad ,I rarely drink alcohol ,but when I do drink it’s usually one drink or two because my stomach hates it. Not thinking and being stupid one day drank too much and got sick nauseous . Could not hold down even water. I took 2 Dramamine because the vomiting would not stop and finally I felt more calm and my stomach eased up. Lesson learned oh and it helps with my anxiety and insomnia .”

neeleymountain November 26, 2009

Dramamine (dimenhydrinate): “My doctor advised taking Dramamine after he gave me medicine to treat my problems - not motion sickness - and I experienced nausea and some vomiting from the medicine. I had tried various things that just seemed to make it worse but this helps. Now I can take the medicine I need and still be comfortable.”

sfckusarmy · Taken for less than 1 month March 8, 2019

Dramamine (dimenhydrinate): “Although it does not take all of the nausea away, it takes it away enough to avoid vomiting when the stomach bug is running its course. Although not indicated for gastroenteritis (aka "stomach flu"), I have used it on many occasions as I own a business; and any day not at work is lost income. I also give it to my children when they are feeling ill enough to vomit. Note- Bonine (meclizine) and "Less-Drowsy Dramamine (meclizine) which our also motion sickness medicine, works even pretty well, but not as well in my opinion for nausea caused by actual sickness.”

No tummy ache · Taken for less than 1 month March 7, 2017

Dramamine (dimenhydrinate): “Sometimes after a night of partying I become nauseous. One of my customers suggested Dramamine after I threw up. Now I can party all night! My revenue is up as I can still work. Thank you dramamine! (oh and a side note Dramamine works a lot better taken orally compared to rectally but what do I know I'm just a 30 year old man. Go nuts!)”

Kare-s · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 18, 2017

“I have been experiencing severe nausea and vomiting due to my long-term medications. So far, dimenhydrinate combined with ginger tea (ginger root soaked in hot water) has had the best results. I'm finally able to eat some food again.”

Preggomomma · Taken for less than 1 month June 6, 2019

“This stuff is the only stuff that has helped me with my nausea during early pregnancy! I have other kids I need to tend too, and my morning sickness has me in bed wanting to sleep all day. But if I take just one tablet every 24 hours I am up and running at full speed again!”

Mark · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 15, 2020

“I have problems with nausea related to acid reflux and dramamine works great after 15-30 minutes when taken as needed at only 25 mg. I do however get the common side effect of tiredness, but I usually fell well enough to stay awake. Interestingly I don't feel this side effect with a product not available in the US which is a chewing gum that contains 20 mg of dimenhydrinate and is chewed for 10 minutes. I don't feel tired at all when I use the chewing gums.”

Anonymous July 16, 2021

Dramamine (dimenhydrinate): “I’m taking the Dramamine-N for dizziness which was then causing nausea and vomiting not related to travel at all and within about one half hour I’m feeling good! Highly recommend for this problem.”

RAsurvivor · Taken for 10 years or more March 2, 2016

Dramamine (dimenhydrinate): “For me, dramamine works better than phenergan. I have a lot of nausea due to rheumatoid medications I take. I also get vertigo or migraine on occasion that cause nausea. This med helps me a lot”

Renee_4 December 2, 2014

Dramamine (dimenhydrinate): “In College I had a bad reaction to a medication and spent the entire day in bed and throwing up until my roommate gave me Dramamine and it completely took away the vomiting and helped me go to sleep. ”

Anonymous · Taken for 10 years or more July 21, 2012

Dramamine (dimenhydrinate): “Love Dramamine. Don't go anywhere without it. Helps with travel anxiety too. But makes you very tired.”

Bobby the builder February 10, 2016

Dramamine (dimenhydrinate): “Dear golly this stuff works well”

AlwaysPuking · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 19, 2020

Dramamine (dimenhydrinate): “The dramamine helped my nausea and vomiting for a few days and then lost its charm. It hasn't worked since.”

Anonymous December 23, 2019

Dramamine (dimenhydrinate): “Never really seemed to work for me as I tried taking it with the stomach flu. I still feel like I’m going to hurl.”

Mum · Taken for 10 years or more June 26, 2018

“I use Dramamine when I have a migraine. It takes away the "hangover" feeling I get. Then regular ibuprofen helps the headache. I am able to function.”

Learn more about Nausea/Vomiting