User Reviews for Diltiazem Hydrochloride XR

Diltiazem Hydrochloride XR has an average rating of 10.0 out of 10 from a total of 2 ratings on Drugs.com. 100% of those users who reviewed Diltiazem Hydrochloride XR reported a positive effect, while 0% reported a negative effect.

High Blood Pressure
10.0
Summary of Diltiazem Hydrochloride XR reviews 10.0 2 reviews

Helpfull November 27, 2020

For High Blood Pressure: “My mother was in and out of the ER for high BP. The situation was a nightmare. She was on Diovon and that gave her kidney stones 5x until they figured out it was her medication. The gave her Allopurinol. This is a horrible drug and used for gout and stops kidney stones from forming. Oh, did I mention the aspirin for 10 years that gave her ulcers. As a result, of the Allopurinol we now have Acid Reflux. Please be aware that acid reflux will effect you BP! They gave her so many over the counter and prescription antacids that did not work. She is taking liquid form of Maalox 15 min before eating and bedtime. Oh what a relief! The BP came down and and she now stable. Please watch for BP meds with water pills as kidney stones can form. Check to see if you really need aspirin everyday, and stay away from Allopurinol unless you have gout and need it. I think preventative drugs sometimes do more harm than good. We are trying to figure out if she should stay on avapro or diltiazem”

Tim ยท Taken for 2 to 5 years July 9, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “Works well for me. I am taking the generic diltiazem XR from Sun Pharma. I was taking Diltiazem XR 160mg with Lisinopril and my BP was meh. I ran out of the Lisinopril so I doubled up on the Diltiazem until I could get back in to see my doctor. My BP came in really good on the double dose of Diltiazem XR so doctor said let's make it permanent and drop the Lisinopril. No appreciable side effects. I guess everyone is different and some medications work better than others for each individual.”