User Reviews for Drixoral Cold and Allergy to treat Allergic Rhinitis

Drixoral Cold and Allergy has an average rating of 9.9 out of 10 from a total of 16 ratings for the treatment of Allergic Rhinitis. 100% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 0% reported a negative effect.

Drixoral Cold and Allergy Rating Summary

9.9/10 average rating

Compare all 269 medications used in the treatment of Allergic Rhinitis.

Reviews for Drixoral Cold and Allergy

Grammy2 June 4, 2008

“Drixoral was prescribed for me by my primary physician when it was a prescription drug and when it was changed to over-the-counter medication and has been the only allergy medication to completely relieve my symptoms. Within the last few weeks, local pharmacies have been unable to receive this product. Therefore, I now experience nasal & post-nasal thin watery drainage with resulting throat discomfort.”

Anonymous June 6, 2008

“I started using Drixoral many years ago as prescribed by my primary care doctor. Over the years when new drugs came out he would have me to try them. Nothing works like Drixoral. I am having a hard time finding it in the DC area and have been really suffering. ”

Anonymous June 26, 2008

“This is the only allergy medicine that has ever worked for me. I've been using it since it was a prescription only capsule and I'm honestly suffering without it. Why they took it off the market is beyond reason?”

klbrown June 19, 2008

“My doctors have tried repeatedly for YEARS to find another drug to replace Drixoral Cold & Allergy Tablets in treatment of my allergies. All have failed. In fact, every time Drixoral has removed from my regimen, I have gone into asthmatic bronchitis. Needless to say, it distresses me greatly to know that Drixoral is not readily available now.”

Nickname June 11, 2008

“I've used Drixoral for many years for allergic rhinitis after Rondec-TR was discontinued as it worked the best with NO side effects. Apparently it has been discontinued and will no longer be available. Hope I can find something else that works.”

Anonymous June 6, 2008

“I've used this product for years and I agree with the other comments. It's the best. However, recently I've been unable to get it. I guess if a product is not highly advertised, it's not popular enough to be marketable.”

Yanna ยท Taken for 1 to 2 years September 2, 2016

“I've tried everything for my allergies since they get so bad from where I live. A friend of mine gave me Drixoral to try and it did magic. Not one sign of allergies the next day! It does make me drowsy so I take it at night and wake up with no symptoms. Sometimes even during the day I'll still be drowsy so I tried to cut the pill in half so it wouldn't be too strong for me but that was impossible.”

Gilligan August 28, 2008

“I have also used drixoral since it was available only by prescription. Bring it back please! I have been lucky enough to find local stores that still have a supply of Drixoral.”

jho440 June 23, 2008

“Best product ever can't believe it's discontinued!!!”

LindaSpencer July 1, 2008

“I guess I am not the only one disappointed that Drixoral has been discontinued. I have been using it for years and have found nothing else that compares. Please bring it back. ”

Anonymous July 23, 2008

“This is the only allergy medicine that has ever worked for me. I've been using it since it was a prescription only capsule and I'm honestly suffering without it. Please put back on market.”

Ken N June 5, 2008

“It is the only stuff that works for me.”

dirtywhiteboy February 15, 2009

“This needs to be back on the store shelves at once. It is much more effective for allergic rhinitis and nasal congestion than any other product on the market.”

Anonymous October 4, 2008

“Drixoral is the only medication that allows me relief from my allergies”

Hartwell7 March 20, 2016

“Best medicine I ever use for my allergies but I can't find it here on the market”

Anonymous March 25, 2009

“Drixoral really worked for me and now I can't buy it anymore. This is what happened to the 12-hour Contact time release capsules which also worked great and now can't be purchased.”

The Best I have ever found. November 21, 2008

“I have yet to find anything that helps me like Drixoral.”

Learn more about Allergic Rhinitis

Symptom checker

More about Drixoral Cold and Allergy (dexbrompheniramine / pseudoephedrine)

Patient resources