User Reviews for Eucrisa

Atopic Dermatitis

Summary of Eucrisa reviews 6.1 133 reviews

Reviews for Eucrisa

For Atopic Dermatitis "I have been using Eucrisa for a year now; I use it primarily in the winter months, and when needed through the spring and summer. It has worked better for me than any other cream, ointment, or oil for my eczema, which I suffer from around the eyes. It is safe to use, unlike steroidal medicine. HOWEVER, putting this ointment on has to be the worst feeling of pain I’ve ever experienced... 60 seconds of a firey, burning sensation takes over, and I can’t do anything but cry and suffer through it to get the results. Granted, my eczema is in a very sensitive spot, yet is very intense. If you have little to mild eczema (especially in a non-sensitive area), I HIGHLY recommend Eucrisa. But for me, it’s not worth the pain."

Owl (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 13, 2018

For Atopic Dermatitis "I was prescribed Eucrisa recently as the typical steroid creams (like Desonide) was not working. The skin above my lips and eyes were constantly red and irritated and nothing seemed to work anymore. I moisturize multiple times a day and it was still irritated. I was skeptical on using Eucrisa and almost didn't fill the RX because I thought it would be a waste of money. I ended up getting it just so I can say I tried it (and got a coupon for it). To my surprise, it has worked after a week. The downside is that it does burn when I first apply it (as the Dr. has warned) but the redness and itchiness has gone away. I only apply very little each time (and mix it with some Aquaphor) so that does help with the burning. It's only been a week so we'll see... but so far, it's working for me! I'm happy the redness is gone!"

BrightSide (taken for less than 1 month) September 11, 2018

For Atopic Dermatitis "Has not worked at all for me."

Kaycee (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 8, 2018

For Atopic Dermatitis "My Dr. gave me a sample to try around my itchy skin. Yes it burns and I am not sure if it helps or makes things worse."

Iggi (taken for less than 1 month) September 8, 2018

For Atopic Dermatitis "It kinda work a little bit on the itchy sensation, but i's not as good as steroid cream like clobetasol, or betamethasone. I was hopeful."

EczemaBoy (taken for less than 1 month) September 2, 2018

For Atopic Dermatitis "This definitely seems to help my eczema. Think I've been able to come up with a way to stop the burning sensation when applying it. I mix 1 part of Eucrisa with about 3 parts of Aquaphor ointment on the palm of my hand, then stir it all in, and then apply the mixture to my affected areas (face, arms). There is hardly any stinging, but the medication still seems to work at a lower level for several hours as the cream is absorbed into the skin. Another way to reduce the burning is to apply very small amounts of Eucrisa on the affected areas. Good luck!"

Jerry (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 30, 2018

For Atopic Dermatitis "Eucrisa just made my eczema worse. It got more red, inflamed, and painful when I put it on. Would not recommend."

Jen (taken for less than 1 month) August 27, 2018

For Atopic Dermatitis "I just recently got eczema on my face and neck at the beginning of the summer. I tried tons and tons of steriod creams, pills, topical creams, you name it. My allergist gave me a sample of eucrisa to try out. It burned so incredibly bad on my cracked, dry skin the first time I applied, I had to wash it off. I stopped using it for a period of time, but currently I have been using it for 4 days and my skin has gotten so much better. After one day of application, my skin was clear! It has no steroids and boy does it work! Apart from the burning the first couple times around, this is a miracle product!"

eczema123 (taken for less than 1 month) August 26, 2018

For Atopic Dermatitis "Well it burned a little bit at first on my first day I used it & after that no more burning but a lot of itching. I'm glad my dr had samples he gave to me before I spent a $100 on the tiny tube & waste my money. How does this drug company expect a tiny tube that's very expensive to treat atopic dermatitis which covers a person's whole body? Also don't they realise that us people with this skin disease are not millionaires? Most of us are middle class or hard working blue color workers working 2 or 3 jobs just to pay our bills & put food on the table. It's not our fault that we got this disease. We never asked for it. So why are they charging so much? Anyway I'm not crazy about the price or the itching it causes me after I put it on."

Mary (taken for less than 1 month) August 25, 2018

For Atopic Dermatitis "After paying over $100, my daughter used this maybe 8 times on her face, and finally gave up. The intense, burning pain, lasting as long as 10 minutes, was too difficult to bear, for the small benefit received. She tried to keep up with it, and did notice an improvement after two applications, but that improvement went away by the 5th application, and then was as bad as before, with the intense burn. A very costly mistake. I WISH our doctor had warned us about the pain, although knowing our doctors after years of interaction, I don't think she had ever been warned (by the Rx company) about it (she's not a dermatologist)."

Mom (taken for less than 1 month) August 24, 2018

For Atopic Dermatitis "I am experiencing eczema or atopic dermatitis on my hands and eyelids. This is recent, just started this year. I’ve have also had one on back of my lower scalp since 2004. I’m older 58 years old now. But like I said just this year have had issues with my hands and eyelids. Eyelids are bothering me the most. My dermatologist recommended Eucrisa for both my hands after I used a steroid on them plus for my eyelids. She also prescribed Eletone for my eyelids to use first. Eletone has parabens and I’m allergic to them. So hasn’t worked well. I went ahead and tried Eucrisa which fortunately my insurance accepted. I still need to use more but so far so good. I was worried initially as it does sting and burn like hot sauce. But that only lasts about 10-15 mins. I read up on it and seems to a normal reaction and not an issue. My eyelids are feeling must better. Hopefully inflammation will go away too. Says it can take up to 30 days. I’m going to give it a go!"

Schmed (taken for less than 1 month) August 23, 2018

For Atopic Dermatitis "I have had eczema for years. Steroid pills and injections are the only things that seem to work now. The steroid creams don't even work and the injections don't work as well as they used to. Eucrisa doesn't burn me at all. If anything it increases the itch. I don't think it works on me at all. I wish it would."

Emma August 23, 2018

For Atopic Dermatitis "While the medication does burn, it made my face brand new again!! No more itchy red patches and it stopped burning after the first 2-3 treatments. If I stop using it and then start reapplying because of a flare up, it does burn again so I just apply a thin layer to my problem spots daily to keep things under control. LOVE this!!!!!"

Ashley August 22, 2018

For Atopic Dermatitis "I have read many negative comments about Eucrisa because of the “burning sensation “ when applied. First, blame your dermatologist/physician if they did not inform you of this beforehand. My doctor explained this to me and I made an informed decision before trying. As a comparison: most people know they will lose their hair as a side effect of chemotherapy; so consider what your current quality of life is... My eczema caused my skin to bleed and weep including my nipples. I had to use nursing pads and covering my body with various bandages to keep open sores from getting infected and to absorb the weepage. Yes Eucrisa burned but I expected that and it was well worth the sacrifice. My skin started to heal within 2 days. For those of paying more than $10 for Eucrisa; check out their website. If you have private insurance you can get your co payment down to $10. Totally worth the temporary burn."

NotItchy (taken for less than 1 month) August 12, 2018

For Atopic Dermatitis "My son has eczema since he was born. He had peeling of his hands and feet at some point. Now he has skin discoloration in some areas and continuous eczema rashes in other areas. Once we get one site cleared up, he gets a flare somewhere else. He's tried 2 other steroid creams before I asked the dr about this one b/c I wanted to get him off the steroids. We got samples, tried it as prescribed. Burned as expected the first couple of applications but he wanted to try it out for longer to see if it would help. It dried out my son's skin to a point where he couldn't extend his arms and legs to walk normally. His skin was so dried out he couldn't move for fear that it would break his skin, and it was painful when he did move. We would put lotion on, and within 5 minutes, his skin had soaked it up and he was back to not being able to move again. Overall, I'm glad others are having a great response to this treatment. It unfortunately just did not work for my son."

disappointed mom August 11, 2018

For Atopic Dermatitis "I just started this today for scaly itchy eyelids. It burns for a bit but not enough to stop it. I hope it works. I am using zaditor eye drops for itchy eyes also! I hope my insurance pays for most of it since what I’m reading on here, it’s pretty expensive!"

Sis (taken for less than 1 month) August 4, 2018

For Atopic Dermatitis "Only been using eucrisa for about 10 days now. My chronic itching has mostly disappeared, my skin is returning to normal and my pain has subsided. I am more than pleased with this product. I am using eucrisa in combination with another topical however."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 27, 2018

For Atopic Dermatitis "Happy happy happy! I’ve suffered with eczema for a few years now and of all places on my face . I had to walk around with red blotches it got so bad it hurt to even wash my face. I was so embarrassed going out in public it was so bad! My doctor gave me a sample of Eucrisa I used it that night yes there was some burning but didn’t last long. I woke up the next morning my face was completely clear I couldn’t believe it! Yes the medicine is expensive but well worth it I can now walk around with my head up high my skin looks fabulous!"

Happy camper (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 26, 2018

For Atopic Dermatitis "$739.00 dollars for 60 mg. tube. (About 2 oz,). What CEO needs a new jet or mansion? Our daughter has Down's syndrome and suffers from eczema. We would like to see if this works but our two insurances will not cover this outrageous cost."

Dave (taken for less than 1 month) July 26, 2018

For Atopic Dermatitis "I have been using Triamcinolone ointment on my face for over 20years. This was the only thing that worked. Well my Dr. gave me a few small tubes of Eucrisa to try the ointment in the small tubes it did not burn when applie), and behold it is working like a charm with out the steroids! So I got the prescription. Yes ,it burns really bad, so my Dr. suggested that I apply a thin coat of Vaseline to my face first then apply the Eucrisa. This process works. I am thankful that Eucrisa gave a coupon to cut the cost."

ToriGG (taken for less than 1 month) July 26, 2018

For Atopic Dermatitis "Tried the sample tube from my Dr on my hands and neck and I haven't experienced any burning sensation at all. I'd say a slight tingle, if that. Perhaps it burns on cracked skin or right after scratching. Anything will probably burn on broken skin. It is, however, sort of greasy like vaseline, but no big deal. Time will tell if this actually works."

Moe (taken for less than 1 month) July 24, 2018

For Atopic Dermatitis "For 13-14 years I’ve had eczema which ranges I’m severeness from time to time. Dr prescribed this ointment and despite the severe burning and what it it cost, I still kept it on because my skin was so bad at that moment. Whole neck was covered in rashes and my face had big spots of rashes and redness all over. I was desperate. I put it on at night and it felt like my skin was being ripped off. Almost one of the worst types of ointments I tried, but it’s possible to deal with it if you have a fan blasting at your face. Next morning I took a shower...and oh my gosh all my dead skin peeled off. Somewhat gross but satisfying (?) by the span of 2 days. I got to say, this is the best condition my skin has ever been. MY NECK IS AS SOFT AS A BABYS BUTT."

:) (taken for less than 1 month) July 23, 2018

For Atopic Dermatitis "It is expensive and when the skin is raw it did burn bad but after a few days the healing began and after two weeks it was gone. I still have scarring and have to use it daily or it comes back but it is well worth it. BTW I tried OTC cortisone creams and other treatments and it burned like mad when it was raw also. Anything other than water will likely make it burn."

Ed July 20, 2018

For Atopic Dermatitis "I have had eczema on hands for over 10 years and nothing worked to clear it up. I have tried every steroid cream, all of which made me sick and never cleared up my skin. I went to the Dr. to try this figuring I had nothing to lose. The dermatologist gave me some small sample tubes to get started as my prescription was being filled. This product is amazing. My hands started to clear up within 48 hours. The cracks healed up, the redness and peeling stopped. I have been on it 10 days now and my hands are totally cleared up. The only gripe I have is how the insurance company jerks you around. I had to get from an out of state pharmacy in Texas to get the co-pay with coupons to $50.00"

MarkinKCmo (taken for less than 1 month) July 20, 2018

For Atopic Dermatitis "Burns so much and not effective"

Ria (taken for less than 1 month) July 18, 2018