User Reviews for Eucrisa to treat Atopic Dermatitis

Eucrisa has an average rating of 5.7 out of 10 from a total of 220 ratings for the treatment of Atopic Dermatitis. 45% of those users who reviewed Eucrisa reported a positive effect, while 39% reported a negative effect.

Eucrisa Rating Summary

5.7/10 average rating

Compare all 120 medications used in the treatment of Atopic Dermatitis.

Reviews for Eucrisa

Mmill · Taken for less than 1 month April 26, 2021

“After being diagnosed with a topical dermatitis, I was prescribed Eucrisa. It appeared to have worked after 2-3 days but then the breakouts got worse. More bumps, rash and itching. Continued for 2 weeks it’s worse. Used the entire tube. Paid $30 after insurance coverage but it’s not effective for my issue.”

ItchyBee · Taken for less than 1 month April 18, 2021

“I was prescribed Eucrisa after I’ve struggled with large itchy welts all over my arms, legs and stomach, many of which are likely the result of a bug bite or allergen. I received an allergy scratch test as well as a patch test, which I discovered I was allergic to the Triamcinolone cream as well as all the hydrocortisone creams I’d been using to fix my itchy skin and hives. I’ve used a full 60 mg Eucrisa tube and I have not seen it make much of any of a difference. When I apply the medication, it burns slightly and then becomes more itchy or tingly, like when your legs fall asleep. I have had better luck treating with alcohol to clean any irritants from my skin and applying Neosporin with pain relief to help relieve some irritation.”

Anonymous April 16, 2021

“First of all it pretty much made me confirm I had insurance which I thought was weird. It burned like crazy and it actually made my condition worse. Like it actually spread more across my face. My derm gave me a prescription for desonide which worked in a day, literally. This isn’t really worth it in my opinion, but everyone is different.”

Bronxrat August 19, 2019

“I use eucrisa for the eczema on my eyes, which gets pretty bad. Eucrisa absolutely burns like acid, a pain that is so bad its just 10 minutes of me sobbing. BUT ( and BIG emphasis on this) it WORKS. In my experience overnight my flaking, swollen and sensitive skin looked soo much better. Part of why it burns so much is because your skin has open wounds, so over time as your skin heals, it gets A LOT more bearable. The first time I used this product I washed it off instantly and refused to use it because of the pain, but then the next time my eczema flared up I decided to try again. Give this product a chance and try to bear through it because in my experience it truly helps. Tips: I refrigerate eucrisa so that its cold and doesn't burn as much and I also got a eye mask that you put in the fridge and I put that on my eyes while they burn and the coolness helps. Also I mix the product with some aquaphor and it makes the burning feeling come slower and not as strong.”

Red Eyes · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 1, 2019

“I have been struggling with atopic dermatitis on my eyelids for years. Every winter the air dries up and so do my eyelids and eye crease, leaving my eyes tearful often. I had done Elidel and though that works over time, I would randomly get very warm eyes and become tearful, which only made it worse! I tried a sample of this stuff and let me tell you - the burning for the first few minutes is not for the faint of heart. It goes away after just a few minutes though and within 10 hour my eyelids were almost completely clear. Use just a little bit at a time and DO NOT JUST LATHER A TON or the burning will be unbearable! Just a pea sized amount and bite down on a wooden spoon for 90 seconds and it'll be dandy from there!”

sarahmichelle November 3, 2019

“I had always had pretty good skin, but all of a sudden in the last 6 months, I developed Eczema on my face. The scaly, itchy rash around my lips, eyes and eyebrows was miserable! My primary care physician gave me a sample of Eucrisa, and I used it once. It burned, and I figured that I had to use it for a while to get results. Meanwhile, I saw a dermatologist that told me he had never seen Eucrisa work for anyone, and didn’t give me anything but a referral to an allergist. While trying to schedule with this very specific allergist (specializing in dermatology) I became desperate. I pulled out the tiny tube of Eucrisa and applied it for 3 days. After 6 months of suffering, changing products, applying cortisone cream over and over, etc, I’m FINALLY comfortable again!! I don’t think the burning is really that bad and it goes away after a few uses anyway. I’m so thankful my primary gave me this to try, and I’ll be sure to share my success stories with my dermatologist!!”

Sally · Taken for less than 1 month January 20, 2021

“Used for eyelid dermatitis. My dermatologist did not warn about the intense stinging/burning sensation upon application. So glad I read these reviews before using or I would have panicked. Burning went away after about 5 minutes (I only used a tiny amount.) The site also got red and irritated looking for about 5 minutes but then everything calmed down. I believe the dermatitis is better after just two uses.”

Artattack November 11, 2019

“After 4 months of a flare up and exhausting all my usual options: cortizones, antifungals, anti bacterial and herbal, I went to urgent care. The poor GP didn't know what to do with me. My eyes were red, peeling and swollen. I had a red scaly ring around my mouth with flushing everywhere else.. His recommendation was to do nothing for 2 weeks. I had used so many combinations of treatment, he wouldnt know where to start. He had some Eucrisa samples. He warned me about the sting ,advised me to use an emollient first. Well did I listen? No I applied it in the car on the way home. The stinging was so bad I had to pull over. The good news was that by the time I got home I saw an immediate improvement! I have been using it now for a week and I have had great results. It does still sting a bit but it is interesting that is only stings the affected areas. My vote is get past the burn using Vaseline because it is worth it. Side note: don't know how a child would deal with the pain.”

Reet · Taken for less than 1 month February 7, 2021

“I had struggled for over a year with large eczema lesions on my feet, legs and arms. As others note, I tried almost everything to bring it under control. The bottoms of my feet were starting the crack! My GP prescribed this and after some approval issues my insurance company eventually covered this. It is like a MIRACLE drug! It started to work immediately. Within days, the lesions were smoother and way less irritated. Many areas have disappeared and the worse areas continue to get better. I’ve had minor stinging at first but not as bad as the sting of splitting skin. I use a thin layer (as indicated on the instructions) on the lesion then apply Exederm lotion over my whole body. My dermatologist told me that this product works for eczema but not psoriasis (may make psoriasis worse). This might be why some people report worsening symptoms. They may need a biopsy to make sure they have eczema and not psoriasis.”

Flaming eyeballs May 16, 2019

“I can't remember the last time I cried before using Eucrisa. I now can point out the exact date. May 15, 2019 Today was the 5th application and holy moly, my eyeballs had flames protruding from for the last 10 minutes. I had some odd swelling, redness and irritation on both eyelids and below the eye. I put Eucrisa on them and was happy that it alleviated the symptoms with little discomfort. Until today... My symptoms were raw just like my flaming eyelids. This may be the source of the most pain I have experienced for 8 minutes. I closed my eyes, fanned with my hands, put a water bottle on them and hoped it didn't blind me if it made it's way down. It didn't and I still have the gift of sight. Eucrisa is very effective but feels like hemorhoids on your eyes (if this is where you are affected). The pain let's you know it is working. Again, the first 6 applications were tolerable. I paid $10 for this giant tube of flames with a coupon.”

Ballerinagirl · Taken for less than 1 month August 17, 2017

“My 10 year old daughter has been in a constant eczema flare on her legs (knees down), ankles, neck, and arms since around 4 years of age. That's when her allergy IgE quadrupled!! I refuse to use steroids. Only if it's horrible and even then I go to hydrocortisone first. Daily quick baths, bleach baths, and constant lotions have been our routine but even those don't take it fully away. She's constantly dry even a few minutes after loading on lotions/coconut oil. BUT Eucrisa is clearing her!!! And her skin is softer!! It's an answer to prayers for us. I'm just praying that no bad side effects show up in the future because I see my baby happy and wearing cute clothes and for once not worrying about her skins appearance! We apply once a day.”

Kutie October 11, 2020

“Last 5 months has been a daily cycle of itching, swelling, blistering, cracking peeling skin on my hands - a bad outbreak of dyshidrotic eczema. Hydrocortisone didn't work anymore. Face/eyelids started to get red/itchy too. Finally went to Dr. Got few days of Prednisone, antibiotics, antihistamines & Eucrisa- I didn't want steroids long term. Dr told me to put Vaseline on my hands & wear nitrile gloves. I wore it for > 6 hours & my hands look better. I used a pea size amount of Eucrisa on the back of my hands/palms w/ a little Vaseline. Barely a tingle. Then I put some on the skin above my lip, that did burn & sting quite a bit for about 20 mins. Put some on my eyelids, that didn't sting much. 4 hours later the palms of my hands started to change to a healthy color. Less than 24 hours later & I was able to wash my hands without pain. It healed the cracks in my skin and kept 90% of the itch away. A few more days there is no burning at all. Skin on face& neck looks great, almost normal now-5 days.”

Eric B Thomas · Taken for less than 1 month October 5, 2020

“So I’ve had eczema problems my whole life and I had gotten “rid” of it for some time and then I had flare ups on my eyelids and it was bad I looked like a monster as it spread. I used the sample size of this stuff and it burned so bad (which I was warned of) I didn’t know if it was worth it but then it was. It was completely gone in a week and the better my condition the less it burned until not at all 100% would recommend it works too well:)”

Vicki R. · Taken for less than 1 month May 8, 2017

“I have been devastated with what I call debilitating atopic dermatitis. I am a nurse and actually quit my job because of the open draining areas on my face and arms. How can I treat people with constant to intermittent 'oozing' from my skin? It's so nasty! I was given a sample tube of Eucrisa from the allergist. Initially, I thought my face was getting worse from the constant moisture of the ointment, but the following morning, all areas were dry and healing! Amazing! I purchased the 2oz tube for $70 with the savings card the next day! My skin continues to improve and is nearly clear after using this medication for a little over a week! I cannot afford a $700 treatment, and my insurance will not cover any of it! Amazing product so far!!”

Victor February 21, 2020

“Had a random eczema/dermatitis flare up on my upper left eyelid, right below my eye and my right upper lip (mustache area). Crazy itchy and looked awful. Dealt with it for about 6 months. Tried many different creams from amazon and even something my derm recommended. Ended up going back to my derm, and they recommended Eucrisa. Like others said it did burn a bit, (I used it sparingly) I just fanned the spots of application and the burn went away within about 5 mins. (Level 3 to 5 out of 10 pain) the next day morning I applied again and by the night time It already looked better. Put one more application on that night and the next day it was 80% better. The burning only occurred the first couple of times. Couldn’t be happier with the results. Literally tried so many different creams. Even carried some in my pocket to control redness and itch. If your having issues and nothing else is working, YOU MUST TRY THIS. I would recommend applying it in sections if you have bad pain.”

Scout · Taken for less than 1 month July 4, 2019

“I have flare ups of perioral dermititis on my face and Eucrisa is the only thing that has given me results in hours. I also have eczema and it has worked great on that. I highly recommend finding samples rather than getting a full tube, unless you are using it specifically for eczema. It feels like death when you put it on, especially on you eyelid, it goes away after a while and with continuous use.”

Very Happy April 24, 2017

“I have suffered from eczema for all my life. I have had years with little suffering and after age 60 developed eczema on my face aolng with rosacea spots. I suffer from inverse psoriasis under my arms, breasts and inner thighs. My condition worsens with heat, stress and certain foods and chemicals. Over the past three weeks I'm thrilled to say the eczema patches on my face and eyelids, behind my ears improved immediately, within 24 hours of using Eucrisa! The other areas with inverse psoriasis have improved as well! I highly recommend this product after a lifetime of so many other creams and ointments it is a miracle to have a non steriod drug!”

Monica · Taken for less than 1 month April 22, 2019

“Eucrisa is extremely painful to use. My doctor told me it was okay to use around my eyes, but I could not handle the burning pain. It was so painful that I fell to floor trying to calm the burning down. My eczema is the same but I have to ice my eyes to try and get rid of the burning feeling.”

Mary RK March 30, 2017

“My 14 year old daughter is allergic to steroids and antibiotic creams. She suffers from Atopic Dermatitis. She has had a spot that covered the whole back of her hand for over two years. Our dermatologist has tried everything that we could think to cure it. For the past year and a half we have been using aquifer multiple times a day and at night and covering it. It started to get bad again and spread. He asked us to try this new medication cal Eucrisa. The very next day most all of the swelling went down and within 2 weeks it was gone. This product is amazing!!!”

CC10 March 3, 2017

“It stings/burns BAD for a few minutes after putting on. Brings tears to my eyes, even places that doesn't have broken skin. Think of a dead sea salt bathe and you know what I am writing about. However, I have only had it for a few hours, my doctor gave me a full size trial and it seems to REALLY REALLY help with the itch. I had zyrtec and allegra on board and it wasn't touching it. I am waiting fingers crossed hoping my insurance will cover it, since it is so new, it will be non-formulary so out of pocket costs will be high. If it gives me relief it will be worth it. Woman in 40s with lifelong Eczema non diet induced.”

Vibrant1 · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 15, 2020

“My 8 yr old daughter was prescribed Eucrisa by her pediatrician. 1st of all the price is ridiculous. Why? Secondly the burning sensation makes me feel awful about using it on her. Dr said to use it for no more than 2 weeks then come off for a week. But as soon as I take her off the flare on her face is right back. Sometimes worse than it was before. Been using it for 4 months now. Not seeing the results it states. Want to take her off and go back to hydrocortisone 2% ointment and lotion for her face and triamcinalone for her body. However I'm leary about how bad the flare will be while waiting for Eucrisa to leave her system. I don't think I'd recommend this med.”

Laura McC June 11, 2017

“It is too soon to give a full review but beware I tried this medication on my face and had intense stinging and burning to the point where I had to remove it. I tried to leave it on for 5-7 minutes to see if it would subside but I did not make it that long. I am not sure if it's because my face was so dry / had broken skin. I am going to try it on other areas of my body and see what results I get. I am currently sitting with a towel and ice packs on my face so be careful with this ointment!”

RB · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 15, 2019

“I had tried everything to get rid of the eczema on my hands that I have have suffered with for the last 10 years. I've tried various steroids, UV light therapy, Dupixent injections, wrapping my hands in petroleum jelly overnight. I had come to accept that my hands were just going to be inflamed and look awful for the rest of my life. The best thing I could do was try to wrap the cracks on my fingers with band-aids to try to keep the pain down. Then I tried Eucrisa and the results were staggering, the first time I applied it, I noticed significant improvement by the next day and after two weeks of use, my hands are completely clear. And when a little crack tries to make an appearance, a little application to the area, and the crack is gone the next day. I don't know how it works, but it has indeed worked wonders for me.”

Jan · Taken for less than 1 month April 22, 2020

“I moved to Houston during an especially high pollen season. For about a month I woke up with varying degrees of swollen eyes ranging from slight swelling to eyes completely sealed shut. I don’t think I actually had eczema as there was no rash, just extreme swelling and dry skin. I was too scared to use steroids on my face and did take oral steroids for a week but once off them the swelling returned. I was prescribed eucrisa and am currently on day 2 of using the sample tubes. The burning is pretty bad but my doctor gave me free samples of a moisturizing lotion and ointment to mix with eucrisa to soften the pain. Within hours of using it my swelling went down and I have woken up for 2 days in a row with no swelling at all. I just hope my body doesn’t reject it in the future, and that it’s safe to use throughout the remaining pollen season (another whole month).”

Pat · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 12, 2020

“I tried eucrisa for 2 months on the palms of both hands. It cleared my skin completely and it stayed that way until month 3; then my eczema reappeared with a vengeance. For some reason eucrisa quit working for me.”

Cl · Taken for less than 1 month October 24, 2019

“Please for the love of god don't use this for skin around your eye. I was given a sample by my doctor because for some reason my condition just randomly appeared around my eyelids. I put it around my eyes like I was told then 15 seconds later I was hit with the most painful burning sensation I have ever had in my life. I'm a grown man, I have a high pain tolerance as well and this made me wanna scream I had to rinse it off in the sink. Felt like someone threw battery acid on my face.”

NotItchy · Taken for less than 1 month August 12, 2018

“I have read many negative comments about Eucrisa because of the “burning sensation “ when applied. First, blame your dermatologist/physician if they did not inform you of this beforehand. My doctor explained this to me and I made an informed decision before trying. As a comparison: most people know they will lose their hair as a side effect of chemotherapy; so consider what your current quality of life is... My eczema caused my skin to bleed and weep including my nipples. I had to use nursing pads and covering my body with various bandages to keep open sores from getting infected and to absorb the weepage. Yes Eucrisa burned but I expected that and it was well worth the sacrifice. My skin started to heal within 2 days. For those of paying more than $10 for Eucrisa; check out their website. If you have private insurance you can get your co payment down to $10. Totally worth the temporary burn.”

HJ · Taken for less than 1 month January 10, 2020

“This ointment creates a very intense burning/stinging sensation difficult for me as an adult to tolerate. I suffered through the first application, the next day the second application was even more intense and I had to wash it off. PLEASE NEVER USE THIS PRODUCT ON A CHILD!!! The pain is too intense.”

Learn more about Atopic Dermatitis