User Reviews for Conjugated estrogens / medroxyprogesterone

1 review 35 medications
Summary of Conjugated estrogens/medroxyprogesterone reviews 6.0 26 reviews

Reviews for Conjugated estrogens/medroxyprogesterone

Kat · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 11, 2019

Prempro (conjugated estrogens / medroxyprogesterone) for Osteoporosis: "I started Prempro a little over a year ago for my bone health. I have had no side affects and it stopped my night sweats. Osteoporosis is rampant in my family as we are very small boned women. I am 55 and almost menopausal, hasn't been a year yet without a period. I have osteopenia and hoping this med and weightlifting will help. My weight hasn't changed at all which is fine I'm 120lbs. I recommend this medicine, it works so far for me. Good luck."

Clover · Taken for less than 1 month March 12, 2019

Prempro (conjugated estrogens / medroxyprogesterone) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I started the lowest dose of Prempro just 5 days ago. The GYN said it would stop/diminish the hot flashes, which in the last 5 months have been so debilitating I'm barely functioning. (Roughly every 45-90 minutes, for 8 minutes each, 24/7) I have been astonishingly moody, weepy and fearful for the last 3 days, more than I can ever remember being since I was a teenager and new to my periods. However, I've lost most of my appetite and although I feel 10x more stressed out inside, despite meditation and yoga, I will continue for as long as I can endure it because it's such a relief to be having fewer hot flashes. (Not gone, but maybe half as many!) However, at several hundred dollars per month for the drug, this won't last long. I figure I'll give myself a two month break from hot flashes and then go back to suffering."

EBRULZ · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 5, 2019

Prempro (conjugated estrogens / medroxyprogesterone) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I hit menopause at 43 and didn’t know what to do. I originally started taking a vitamin pack designed for menopause but the price was a bit outrageous When I saw my doc she suggested taking a low dose (1.5) of Prempro. Wow! I liked the vitamins but I really love what Prempro gave me. No hot flashes anymore! Restful Sleep! I have also noted a decrease in my appetite which for awhile there was the same as a teenaged boy! Overall I’m very happy after being very worried about taking an HRT. The only side effect I’ve experienced in the negative is my breasts are a bit more tender than norm. Not sore so much as tender Good Luck to all. I found this very helpful"

seizurefree January 17, 2019

Prempro (conjugated estrogens / medroxyprogesterone) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "At 39 I started having confusion, panic attacks and partial seizures. I lost my license. It was the worst two years of my life. I went to a neurologist who put me on strong anti-seizure meds. I told him on more than one occasion that I thought it was hormone related and he didn't think so. I went to my OBgyn and had her remove my IUD because I thought it was all hormone related. She reluctantly did it.. but didn't think that it would do any good. I waited almost a year and my menstrual cycle never came back but I started having severe hot flashes several times a day and still having seizures and panic attacks. So finally I went back to my OB and begged her to test my hormone levels. Low and behold I was in full on menopause. I started Prempro and I haven't had a seizure, panic attack, confusion or anything else since.. even after stopping all of my anti-seizure medications."

Moodymama · Taken for less than 1 month November 4, 2018

Prempro (conjugated estrogens / medroxyprogesterone) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I have experienced terrible hot flashes for over a year now. GYN said I was in menopause (at 51) so started on Prempo (1.5 mg) two weeks ago. Hot flashes are almost none, started my period this month after not having one in almost a year...bummer! My husband and kids say I'm more moody, and not myself. I've noticed I am less tolerable (that could be my age) of things I normally would be. Also, not as hungry as normal. Overall, I feel better so far, still early."

Hope · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 18, 2018

Prempro (conjugated estrogens / medroxyprogesterone) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I took prempro, for about four and a half years. I started at the age of 57 and it did help with some of my problems. But ended up gaining 50lbs and also, developed breast cancer at the age of 62. I have three other sisters and none of them or any other women in our family have had breast cancer. Think before you take this pill. I am know longer on prempro, and I have all my menopausal symptom back in full force."

Shorty · Taken for less than 1 month September 17, 2018

Prempro (conjugated estrogens / medroxyprogesterone) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I have only been on this medication for four days, praying it begins to do its job and that I don’t get any side effects.. I have noticed a huge difference in dryness in a vagina which is awesome. My doctor said she believes it would kick my weight in gear and I should start losing, a little worried now after reading some comments however I have noticed a big change in my want to eat.. this is really good!!! Mood swings are still there as well so I’m hoping after 1 week I see a big change.. wish me luck"

Suzie · Taken for 5 to 10 years August 24, 2018

Prempro (conjugated estrogens / medroxyprogesterone) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I started Prempro in 2009, still taking it 9 years later at age 62. I found it helpful for prevention of hot flashes initially, and now helpful for vaginal dryness and overall dryness. My OBGYN says I can continue to take it as long as I'm finding it beneficial. No problems at all. $30 a month is a little pricey, but worth it."

Kiki · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 10, 2018

Prempro (conjugated estrogens / medroxyprogesterone) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I was prescribed primpro by my gynecologist in April 2018. After taking it for one week my period came and I had a huge bald spot on the side of my head! I only took it for a week I stopped and now here I am 4 months later the back of my nape area my hair is all gone!"

Millie15 July 20, 2017

Prempro (conjugated estrogens / medroxyprogesterone) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I was prescribed .625 Prempro at the age of 38. I had early onset menopause. My body responded wonderfully to this dosage. I took me about a month for me to not feel groggy and light headed. After that subsided it's been great. I am 50 now and my doctor would like to start weaning me off to since I've been on it for so long. I am going to start half the dose to see how my body reacts."

Ouch234 · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 24, 2017

Prempro (conjugated estrogens / medroxyprogesterone) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "Suffered from decrease mental ability probably due to hot flashes that would last all day. Have been taking prempro for 5 months and am now experiencing some pretty major depression."

Anonymous June 1, 2017

Prempro (conjugated estrogens / medroxyprogesterone) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I had been on Enjuvia (plus a progesterone supplement) for 3+ years and they worked fantastic from day 1!!! Unfortunately, they have stopped making it for reasons I can't find. I was put on Divagel and I gained 15 pounds in 3 weeks, plus the leg (including my foot) I put it on swelled up like a balloon, among other side effects. I have been on Prempro for 6 days now and my hot flashes/night sweats are worse than ever, but all my other "problems" seem to be OK. The Dr.'s office said to give it a month, wish me luck!!!"

Anonymous February 3, 2017

Prempro (conjugated estrogens / medroxyprogesterone) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I am a 56 year old women in post-menopause. I have been suffering with hot flashes for 16 years and I finally decided that I cannot do this anymore. I started Prempro two weeks ago and I am officially hot flash free and happier then I have been in years! I cannot believe that it took me this many years to do this. I was always scared of the risks involved. I am so happy I made this decision because my life is now amazing. I have not experienced and side affects at this point. Hopefully that will continue."

BayMermaid · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 28, 2016

Premphase (conjugated estrogens / medroxyprogesterone) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "Excellent medicine at treating hot flashes, vaginal dryness and night sweats but I had a significant weight gain (12 ponds in three months). In addition I had infrequent bowel movements, larger breasts, bloating and painful though predictive periods."

Krimpet August 9, 2016

Prempro (conjugated estrogens / medroxyprogesterone) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I had a heavy painful period and was clotty. Also breast tenderness. I needed stop this medicine after being on it just one month...."

missmeow1947 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 6, 2016

Prempro (conjugated estrogens / medroxyprogesterone) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "Immediately following my very last period I started having severe hot flashes. So bad that they made me jump out of bed. Changes clothes or I'd start freezing, even in mid summer. So started low dose Prempro. It took about 5 days to start helping. After taking it for about 8 months it stopped working. I even tried taking it twice a day a couple times thinking the dose was to low but still no help. So now Im going to go to another different doctor to see what else can be done to prevent my misery. Also want to mention that since menopause, I have zero Interest in sexual relations with my husband. I just wondered if anyone else has had this medication work then stop all together? Thank you for reading my story. I sure hope to find something"

debles July 29, 2016

Prempro (conjugated estrogens / medroxyprogesterone) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "No sleeping w/o Prempro .0625 but I cannot reasonably continue to pay the outrageous, escalating price! Have nothing that helps pay for it. The price goes up almost monthly."

Florence_1967 November 14, 2015

Prempro (conjugated estrogens / medroxyprogesterone) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I feel normal again. No hot flashes. I'm sleeping at night. I started taking my pills at night because they make you a bit relaxed or tired but overall, I love it!! My doctor stated she doesn't recommend taking it for more than two years. It's been almost 8 months for me"

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 6, 2015

Prempro (conjugated estrogens / medroxyprogesterone) for : "Has not worked one bit still have day and night sweats occurring every hour"

no more hot flashes · Taken for less than 1 month April 7, 2015

Premphase (conjugated estrogens / medroxyprogesterone) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "Premphase was awesome at controlling my postmenopausal symptoms and especially the hot flashes and night sweats~ It works great with not any bad side effects like some of the other ones that I tried. Premphase worked when I had tried everything else to feel normal again."

Scorpia · Taken for less than 1 month March 5, 2015

Prempro (conjugated estrogens / medroxyprogesterone) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I have been struggling with night sweats, flashes and mood swings. I have noticed caffeine and stress brings on the flashes. I haven't figured out what starts the night sweats, so i keep my house 70 degrees and below sometimes to sleep. I noticed that when I put a washcloth next to my bed (in a plastic bag not to ruin furniture) at night to place on my chest when the flashing starts, helps it to subside immediately. I am on day for of the Prempro and this stuff is awesome. The frequency of the flashing has decreased and when it tries to come back it isn't as intense. I think taking it the same time everyday has helped with that. I will sit down maybe an hour after taking the Prempro and it feels like I'm super relaxed or sleepy."

Listen to your body October 29, 2013

Prempro (conjugated estrogens / medroxyprogesterone) for : "I started on Prempro on September 2, 2013 for my night sweats, hot flashes and mood swings. I was on it for almost two months. The first month was fine, but during the second month I developed way too many severe side effects. I had: swelling of hands and ankles, breast enlargement and pain, severe bloating, vaginal irritation, acne, my mood swings worsten, and I gained a lot weight gain. The night sweats and the hot flashes got better, but the side effects were much worst then the night sweats and hot flashes. I started on Healthy Woman Soy Menopause Supplement and it took care of the night sweats and hot flashes without all of the other side effects. This drug is definitely not for everybody and my advice would be to listen to your body!"

For Sure · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 20, 2012

Prempro (conjugated estrogens / medroxyprogesterone) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I have been on this medication for 37 days. My day and night sweats are no longer severe. I only toss my comforter once a night as opposed to many times. My day sweats are no longer embarrassing, e.g. while talking with coworkers, I would without warning began to get warm, hot, and then dripping in sweat to include my hair. My mood swings are gone, I am back to normal. LOVING IT."

cbemt April 5, 2012

Prempro (conjugated estrogens / medroxyprogesterone) for Oophorectomy: "I am 22 and underwent Oophorectomy surgery following 2 massive ovarian cysts on each ovary. Right out of surgery I was prescribed Prempro and had to take it. I experienced hot flashes for the first few days. The Dr told me that if I felt bloated I can skip a week and I will have a small period, which I have done. I had cramps and sporadic bleeding, but the bloating never went away. I have gained a lot of weight that has been really hard to lose and I have been on this medicine for only 3 months. I also have really bad acne all over my face that I haven't had since Junior High. Once I go back to the Drs I will be asking to try another Hormone Replacement Therapy."

Chutney December 3, 2011

Prempro (conjugated estrogens / medroxyprogesterone) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "Took this medicine for 18 days. Hot flashes nausea and migraines disappeared after about a week. Then on the 10th day I felt nausea and migraine come on, since then no more symptoms. Not sure if it's okay to not take it anymore now that feel better."

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)