User Reviews for Clindamycin / tretinoin

Also known as: Veltin, Ziana

Learn more about Clindamycin/tretinoin.

Acne 84 reviews 525 medications

7.3
Summary of Clindamycin/tretinoin reviews 84 reviews 7.3

Reviews for Clindamycin/tretinoin

Veltin (clindamycin / tretinoin) for Acne: "I was applying it nightly at first and realized it was causing my skin to peel a lot. Switched to using it every 3-4 nights and exfoliated my skin every morning. After about a month I was able to put it on every night with no peeling issues. I also started only putting it on my problem areas (acne scars) rather than my whole face. Flash forward 3 months later from my first night using it and my skin looks GREAT. You have to be patient and find a regime that works for you. Yes, your skin will peel at first..but you can also use it sparingly so your skin gets used to it. You don't have to torture yourself and use it every night at first. Start slow but keep a schedule. I put it on once a week now. I'm happy I stuck with it!"

Mh9989 November 16, 2016

Veltin (clindamycin / tretinoin) for Acne: "After 3 failed acne Rx's (epiduo, sulfer face wash, minocycline) my 13yo daughter was prescribed this in conjunction w/ amoxicillin by a dermatologist (first 3 were from a pediatrician). I has worked very well and finally cleared her acne up. Her acne was moderate when we started w/ the Rx's, but then I'd say 2 months of minocycline got it in the severe range. Now her face is pretty much all clear after 2 months on this product and amoxicillin. She had/has some occaisional dryness and peeling, especially w/ her lips, but it was minor and much better than dealing w/ acne. I like this product."

Mom56789 November 14, 2016

Veltin (clindamycin / tretinoin) for Acne: "I started using this and it was fine until my face one morning started burning really bad, my face was bright red!! When I tried to wash it off my face started stinging and burning so bad I could have cried"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 12, 2016

Ziana (clindamycin / tretinoin) for Acne: "HOPE THIS HELPS After years of jawline and chin acne, some cystic, I saw a dermatoglist, who put me on Ziana Gel - Clindamycin (1.2%) and Tretinoin (.025%). The dermatologist also recommend I use cetaphil products, which I eventually found best was the lightweight lotion and gentle cleansing bar. I wash my face at night with the soap, mostly dry my face (leaving face damp), then apply the ziana, and the apply the lotion. This way, the products absorb better, and also felt good. It got worse before it got better (about 4 months) but today my skin is beautiful and radiant, exactly how I feel! It does make your skin slightly oily (bringing bacteria to surface), however I still rate it a 10 because of the results. Ziana is seriously a MIRACLE!"

NS222 (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 1, 2016

Ziana (clindamycin / tretinoin) for Acne: "I keep seeing people say that this leaves more breakouts and they give up. There is a reason the doctors tell you to keep at it! I have been on this product for several years now. When I first started my skin was worse and I had horrible peeling and redness and itchiness. As with most things, it gets worse before it gets better. And believe me, it got better! Not only has it taken care of my acne it has also removed several fine lines and wrinkles. The trick to this is to just hang in there! You sunblock and pamper your face in the beginning. If you stick with it like the doctors suggest, you will see improvement. The key is just trusting the doctors and using the product as directed. It takes time to work. I saw no improvement for a couple months and then almost overnight my face was clear. I am now such a believer in this that I don't want to use anything else! There seems to be A shortage of this right now and I'm really hoping that it is only temporary. I think this stuff is amazing and will most definitely continue use a soon as it becomes available again. This is the only thing that I have found that works for me."

Name is not important (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 1, 2016

Veltin (clindamycin / tretinoin) for Acne: "I had many obnoxious but small bumps on my forehead this past summer. Along with that, the occasional large zit. I got put on veltin by my dermatologist, and began using it on august 3rd. At first I used it every other night on my whole face except my cheeks, and experienced a bit of dryness around my mouth, and overall redness. That subsided fairly quickly and I began to use it once a day at night, at least a half hour after showering and moisturizing to minimize stinging. Today is september 24, and my skin has been perfectly clear for two weeks! I have adjusted to the dryness, and my skin is very happy!"

Mac11990 September 25, 2016

Ziana (clindamycin / tretinoin) for Acne: "great product! Before trying this I used so many over the counter products, but this left me super clear, I had moderate to severe acne, today I get compliments on my skin almost daily! Try it and it may cause more breakouts in the beginning but its definitely worth the wait. I never write reviews but if this can inspire someone to continue finding a solution to their acne It would leave me feeling more than great. I used to cry daily about it and understand how self torturing it can be. Besides using this product, I also wanted to say I do not eat red meat and try to stay on a strict diet, with no dairy, and gluten free foods. I do eat chicken, fish, etc. I believe this has also impacted my skin greatly. There's hope trust me I know it's annoying but with persistence anything is possible!"

Ale719461 September 14, 2016

Ziana (clindamycin / tretinoin) for Acne: "I was experiencing some bad acne for about 2 years before I went and saw a dermatologist about it. She prescribed me ziana. My main acne was on my cheeks which also lead to brown spots. The first month on this medicine was the worst, you will want to give up, but DONT! It made my skin super sensitive; it made you want to cry but it hurt for tears to even touch your face. No makeup looked good bc of how dry it got. About 2-3 months I started seeing some results. About 5 - 6 months in and I had no blemishes left and the brown spots have faded significantly. There's still some there but I was told those will take the longest to go away. I wish I knew how to share a picture of the difference."

Britt lynn (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 23, 2016

For Acne: "UPDATE 8 MONTHS LATER: I first posted about a month into my treatment to say that my cysts were disappearing. It has been 8 months and I am happy to say that I do not have a single pimple - I may get 1 or two around my period but usually spotless skin! I have been struggling with acne for so long (13-20) that I thought it would never disappear or get better but it does!!!!! Have faith!! I am also on the birth control YAZ which I started 2 and a half months into Biacna which has also helped in the complete clearing of my skin. I only started to have days where I would only have one pimple or two and then a breakout about 3 months in and I also would put a thick coating of it on the cystic parts of my face all day which sped up the process"

Mayalama August 22, 2016

Veltin (clindamycin / tretinoin) for Acne: "Worst topical medicine i have ever used. After applying once on my already almost healed pimples, it burnt my face, made it swollen and look way worse than it was before. Now have to roam around with a burnt face and big scars on my face. I would never ever recommend this to anyone."

SG81 August 17, 2016

Veltin (clindamycin / tretinoin) for Acne: "I've used Veltin for about 3-5 months , but i get lazy so I'll say like 2 months . I've gotten complements abouy that it got better since last year , people will rate me a 7 or 8. If i used it more often , like every night I know it would be much more clearer and you can really see the changes about a week or two but you have to be patient."

Anonymous August 15, 2016

For Acne: "I have had acne for about 7 years now and my doctor recently put me on a combination of to topical creams 'clindamycin' & 'Differrin' & a perscription of benzol perosive fave wash along with an antibiotic 'doxycycline'. I suffer from white heads and blackheads more then pimples. I've been on the combination of medications for 2 weeks now and I've noticed a huge change. My black heads are disappearing and my skin is becoming smooth..only negative thing is its causing bad dry skin and a slight burn to my face so I cut the face wash benzoyl peroxide down to every other day and the burning is going away.I highly recommend this treatment."

Shortie101 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 11, 2016

Ziana (clindamycin / tretinoin) for Acne: "I have suffered from cystic acne on my face and back since I was 16 (I'm now 27). I was on birthcontrol Diane for 10 years that helped with the embarassing acne but I wanted to go off of synthetic hormones. My acne came back with a vengance one the birth control was out of my system (about 5 months later) and I was at a loss- My derm recmmended a regimen of applying Ziana gel at night and Acanya in the mornings and also wanted to put me on antibiotics- I never took the Solodyn because I only like to take antibiotics in extreme cases to my kind to my gut. It took 3-4 months for the acne to clear up and the dark spots to disappear but it is 100% gone! Not a single breakout. Be patient its worht it!"

Reb7 July 31, 2016

Ziana (clindamycin / tretinoin) for Acne: "I've been using Ziana since May every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday and there are no results. It is now the end of July and my acne is worse. I read on the website,just today to apply it every night, nothing on there says every other night like my doctor said. I have been battling acne for 17 years and this is getting stressful. I have gone through every treatment you can think of and now I'm starting to give up. I've even looked this bad."

Shainab87 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 19, 2016

Ziana (clindamycin / tretinoin) for Acne: "I have had minor acne since sophomore year of college (now graduated). I'm afraid my dermatologist has not been good about following up with me long-term, so I've probably been misusing the medication for a while. It clears up my clogged pores really nicely (yay!) but there are still lots of blackheads and sometimes the clogged pores stay there a long time. I'm a skin picker (bad) so that has aggravated my acne from touching my face and caused some minimal scarring which I can easily cover up with makeup. One of my least favorite things about this medicine is that, although it clears most of my clogged pores, I have noticed an increase in painful cystic acne around hotspots (potentially due to the onset of hormonal acne)."

NGH1347 July 16, 2016

Ziana (clindamycin / tretinoin) for Acne: "I'm 20 years old, and I had severe cystic acne after my dermatologist gave me trentinoin. It was so bad but I switched to another dermatologist because of my insurance and she gave me Aczone and Ziana with Solodyn pills. My skin is so clear and soft, it's unbelievable. I only have some dryness around my mouth, but besides that my skin is the best it's ever been and I never thought I'd ever be writing a review about something actually working."

kimba4 July 14, 2016

Ziana (clindamycin / tretinoin) for Acne: "I've been using Ziana for since 2/2016 and this product has done wonders for me. I'm in my mid thirties and have never suffered from acne until the last few years. I'd get these painful "under the skin" bumps that I'd unfortunately squeeze (LEAVE THEM ALONE! Bothering them will only irritate them). I couldn't take it anymore so I visited my dermatologist and he prescribed me Ziana gel. For the first week you will only use it every other day to get your skin use to it. After the first week, use it just before bed. Do not use it until nighttime because the gel oxidizes with sun exposure. Your skill will only be oily for a few months and it helps w/ dark spots. Remember less is best... Use ONLY a pea size or slightly smaller! Good luck!!!"

Cystic acne is no fun June 18, 2016

Ziana (clindamycin / tretinoin) for Acne: "I had a sudden outbreak of what the derm called adult acne. It came back after it was almost better two weeks later and I went to the Dr. He prescribed Ziana which I use at night and my face not only got 100% better with 0 blemishes but it has not broken out again since. It does make me wake up Very oily, but once I wash my face and apply makeup I don't have that issue throughout the day. I didn't experience any redness or drying. Great product for me!"

Holly D (taken for less than 1 month) June 11, 2016

For Acne: "This gel is amazing. At the beginning of the year I went from clear skin to a full on breakout all over my cheeks and chin of mostly cystic acne. I started using the gel after a prescription pill did not work and it literally saved me. At first I did not see any difference and my skin got much worse but I read that's what happens with this gel and decided I would stick it out for 3 months. after about 2 months of bad acne I finally started seeing results and now 3.5 months into the treatment am now acne free!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 15, 2016

Ziana (clindamycin / tretinoin) for Acne: "HERE WE GO... New product. I search all product before taking them, I read all reviews and make my choice to try the product.. I will try this, but I will follow through and tell you my experience! Here is some info about me. I am 26 years old (female) Hormonal imbalance (cyst) and bumpy cheeks. I get under the skin cyst that pop up once a month, sometimes two to three at a time. If I mash them, nothing really comes out, but it leaves holes in my face.. the bumps on my cheeks are around my ears and were I would apply blush. I changed out my brushes btw. Anyways other them that I have moderate skin, no severe acne. I am fair skinned. and I'm combination skin type. I go from oily by the end of the day with flakes under my makeup (lol)"

lalaTy May 6, 2016

Ziana (clindamycin / tretinoin) for Acne: "DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT!!! It made me breakout like never before. I had barely any acne before i began this product, but wanted to get rid of my occasional pimple for good. My dermatologist prescribed me this and i used it for a little over a week. My face has never been so dry, irritated, and worst of all, covered in acne. I had a huge breakout on my chin and yes this may just be the initital purge, but it ruins your skin and it is hard to recover from this. I was so depressed during this week and actually felt like a worthless human being because my face looked so bad. Dont trust these harsh skin products!!!"

Anonymous May 5, 2016

Ziana (clindamycin / tretinoin) for Acne: "I wrote a review yesterday, but there is limited type space and wanted to add some things. Like I said, the facial helped avoid the purging phase & I also had derma planning done where they remove facial hair which helps skin absorb products. When I use the Ziana gel at night, I use one drop to cover my whole face. The first two nights I made the mistake of using about 3 drops & it made my face red. Use a washcloth to cleanse/exfoliate-this will help the peeling, drinks tons of water, use Cetaphil lotion 30 min to 1 HR after Ziana application and you should be good to go. It's been one week & my face looks great & is hardly peeling. You can also apply more lotion to the dry areas. I pat in the lotion instead of rub to help with absorption."

ChelseaL April 14, 2016

Ziana (clindamycin / tretinoin) for Acne: "I've struggled with moderate acne the past several months and finally went to the dermatologist. She prescribed Ziana gel at night as well as Epiduo for the mornings, an oral antibiotic, and Cetaphil Dermacontrol face cleanser and moisturizer. Like others, the first week of using Ziana gel made areas on my face where the acne was worse slightly red and peel. However, I have noticed a HUGE difference in my skin and it's only been a week. I also have been drinking a lot of water (hydrating from the inside out) as well as using regular Cetaphil after I apply the gel at night. The day I saw my dermatologist, I also had a facial done after my appointment so I think that has helped me not have the "purge" phase some people are talking about."

ChelseaL April 13, 2016

Ziana (clindamycin / tretinoin) for Acne: "I've only started this 3 weeks ago, however, I have seen a huge difference. Within the first couple of days it cleared all the redness and whiteheads. It did dry my skin out, and I had to double up on my moisturizer. Now going into week 3, the deep bumps that never seem to go away have started to subside. I accidentally skipped one night, and could tell the difference the next day, so it's definitly something you have to keep in the habit of."

LizzyMcG (taken for less than 1 month) March 27, 2016

Ziana (clindamycin / tretinoin) for Acne: ""I have been using ziana for about 6-7 months and it has made my acne better but it makes my face EXTREMLY oily and peely at the same time, but the first 2 months I guess I was better off without ziana, but after that it slowly got better, at the moment my skin still isn't clear but it's gotten better.""

Hehe1010101 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 15, 2016