User Reviews for Clindamycin / tretinoin

Acne
7.4

Summary of Clindamycin/tretinoin reviews 7.4 131 reviews

Reviews for Clindamycin/tretinoin

For Acne: "I had hormonal acne for the past 15 years that no expensive skin product or ridiculous 10-step-cleansing routine would even touch. I finally decided enough was enough and was prepared to go onto oral antibiotics when I was prescribed this product instead. I was absolutely terrified of the skin "purging" stories I had heard but have now been using this daily for the last 3 months, and have not had one breakout on the area (seriously- not one). Some dryness but I can deal with a little flakiness instead of breakouts!!! (this has gotten better over time just invest in a heavy duty moisturizer) - please do not be discouraged by "purging" stories as I almost was, it will work differently for everyone!"

Jane (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 9, 2018

Veltin (clindamycin / tretinoin) for Acne: "33yo. I just threw this out. Tried it for a week and I have 3 huge volcanoes on my face only where I applied it. I don’t have time to try acne gels that promise to clear up skin after it’s been purged. No thank you."

ChiGal September 26, 2018

Veltin (clindamycin / tretinoin) for Acne: "I am a 29yr old woman who has suffered from acne since I was a teenager. I have been using veltin for about a year now. It has cleared up my acne and scars. I love it and am so happy I found it!"

C (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 19, 2018

Veltin (clindamycin / tretinoin) for Acne: "I used Veltin about a year or two ago, but stopped after about 8 months due to pharmacy switches and such. I remember that even then, this really helped my acne clear up and my skin to look much healthier. I’ve struggled with acne and minor breakouts over the last few years, and it’s most likely due to hormonal reasons since I’m still in my teenage years! I was able to resume using Veltin about a month or two ago, thank goodness! Now, my skin looks so healthy. I’ve also been using Aczone over the past two years, which definitely helps control my breakouts, but when I re-added Veltin, my skin has completely cleared up. I don’t think I’ve seen my skin look this healthy and clear in months!! It will dry out your skin though, but my dermatologist recommended to use a CeraVe moisturizer, which has seriously helped with preventing dryness and flakiness. I love this medication so much though; it really had worked wonders for my skin!"

Mira August 7, 2018

Ziana (clindamycin / tretinoin) for Acne: "I promised if this ever worked for me I would write a review. I’ve read these reviews over and over again to stop myself from giving up. Now on week 10 and my skin is almost perfectly clear. Do NOT GIVE UP. Weeks 3-6 were the worst for me and I thought it would never work. Slowly, but surely, it does work. Fight through the breakouts and don’t worry. Give it its full 3 months before tossing it. You will not regret. Simplify your skin care routine. I only used face wash and moisturizer in the morning with Ziana (biacna in Canada) at night. This has fixed everything and is clearing up my scars. Good luck"

Happy2303 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 23, 2018

For Acne: "I have tiny whiteheads and have tried other acne gels in the past but clindamycin/tretinoin topical had been the best so far. My skin is really clearing up after 2 months of use. It's a great feeling not wearing foundations and concealer and feeling confident."

Happy (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 21, 2018

For Acne: "I had very clear skin until I was 17. I have been suffering from Acne since then in the year 2012. Been on antibiotics, tried benzoyl peroxide none of the prescribed medications worked. I got so depressed, I would avoid family or friends because I did not want them to see the state of my skin. This year I said I need to get my skin clear by all means. Went to the dermatologist and got prescribed this gel! Life saver! Have not had a spot since I have used it and that is 2 months so far. Alongside this gel I went for microneedling at my local beauty spa to get rid of acne scaring they recommend a course of 3 to 5. I am on my third one and all scars have disappeared already. I might say though my acne was very mild and scaring was very little. Hope you find something that works for you :)"

Mariam (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 20, 2018

Veltin (clindamycin / tretinoin) for Acne: "I went to the dermatologist seeking help for young, hormonal acne before it got worse. I tried clendimycin. It worked until my skin began to break out. My dermatologist recommended Veltin. It worked well, however, my skin dried out. It started to peel back, almost like a bad sunburn. I recommend using veltin, as long as you use a moisturizer with it. I am going on an excursion out of the country soon, and I was starting to run out. (Note: it is recommended not to use a benzoyl peroxide with veltin which decreases the effectiveness of the product.) I dismissed this claim and I am using a non-prescription benzoyl peroxide product, at time of spot treating problem zones with veltin. No complications have came yet, however, use with caution as this product WILL dry your skin, and even more irritation will occur if using a more vigorous product at the same time. I recommend this product for moderate acne."

Lizzie June 15, 2018

For Acne: "The best way to describe this product is a total "lifesaver"! Reading these reviews, I've noticed people are too quick to judge this product within the first few weeks because they are not patient enough to wait for results. Topical creams take a few months to work their magic and truly take effect. I did not start to notice results until 4 full months of using this product. I went from terrible hormonal and cystic acne to completely clear skin, similar to the results you see from oral Accutane pills. The only reason I do not give this product a full 10 rating is that it is extremely drying. If you don't moisturize 24/7 your skin can get to the point where it flakes off and you cannot apply any makeup over it. However, with a proper routine, this can be avoided. You also need to beware the sun, it causes you to get severely red or even blister. Truly, the pros outweigh the cons. This product is fantastic and it been the only thing to help my skin!"

Nicole May 15, 2018

Veltin (clindamycin / tretinoin) for Acne: "I have only been using this product for a few days and I haven't seen much improvement but after reading these reviews I wanted to share what my dermatologist recommended. She told me not to follow the directions in the box, rather keep your face damp (wet, but not dripping wet) after washing it and then apply a pea size amount of the product to the entire face. So essentially, you are working the product into your face with the water to help reduce dryness. This is a great tip because I have pretty sensitive skin, and my skin has barely gotten dry in the few days that I have been using this. If you're experiencing extreme dryness or any textural problems, I recommend you try this tip out! Hope that this helps someone out there."

Poopy2023 (taken for less than 1 month) May 1, 2018

Veltin (clindamycin / tretinoin) for Acne: "I have light acne, just many little ones on my forehead and this clears up my skin within a week every time it breaks out again. It seems to dry out the pimples and make your skin quite dry and flakey but if you use a moisturizer after you’ll be fine. Absolutely love this and recommend!!"

Gia (taken for less than 1 month) April 25, 2018

For Acne: "This medication has been great! After struggling with back acne for years (I’m 27 now) and trying multiple topical creams & antibiotics nothing was working. A month into using this medication I’ve seen a significant difference in my acne. No active pimples, and even my scars are getting better. I’m using this in conjunction with birth control & another topical medication (aczone) I’m so happy & cannot wait to see the results after 3 months of use."

Anonymous March 22, 2018

Veltin (clindamycin / tretinoin) for Acne: "Absolutely horrible. After using for only two days my skin feels like it is on fire constantly. It literally feels like my skin is burning off of my face. This was after only two small applications to my face."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 11, 2018

For Acne: "Worked well, very little peeling"

Michell (taken for less than 1 month) March 4, 2018

Veltin (clindamycin / tretinoin) for Acne: "I was continually breaking out, big ones, small ones, and everything in between. The FIRST night I used the Veltin gel, I woke up with clearer skin and only one blemish. The second night, same results the following morning. Now after 4 nights of using it, my skin looks great, no pimples at all, my pores are smaller and cleaner....it's the skin I've always wished I had. I did take a. break from using it last night because I noticed some dryness starting but so far everything's still fine. I love it!"

Snugga (taken for less than 1 month) February 25, 2018

For Acne: "I’m 18 years old and have severe back and chest acne and moderate face acne. I have used this product for about two weeks, and I must say that the acne on my face has calmed down, and is nearly gone, but it it getting worse on my chest and back. My chest and face are peeling and burning, and whenever I touch the dry areas it stings. My back is not peeling yet, but is getting worse. I will continue to use this in hopes it might get better, but I’m very unhappy with the dryness. I have to apply moisturizer 5 times a day, and even then I still peel and sting!"

Sarah (taken for less than 1 month) February 23, 2018

Veltin (clindamycin / tretinoin) for Acne: "I’m 34. I have very dry skin, but also constantly have hormonal acne around chin and cheeks. Like every week I had a new, huge zit on my cheek to cover. It was so humiliating! I first tried this and stopped using because it dried my face out way too much. Then, out of disgust and desperation I realized ok I have to try to clear this skin. Do NOT apply to your whole face! Only to your problem zones and then only every other night if your sensitive! And I sometimes do every two nights. Also, the key to me is use your moisturizer, then apply this Veltin over that to the acne areas. Now scarring has faded and I have actual felt smooth cheeks and no zits popping up every other week! I feel hopeful that over time my skin will adapt even more to the product."

Grace luv February 9, 2018

For Acne: "I’m so sad right now. When I first started this I only had 5 small bumps on my face, for some reason my Derm recommended this. Two months later I have a bunch of bumps with pus in them. I’m just going to wait for another month so I use the full three months but I’m super disappointed with this right now."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 9, 2018

For Acne: "I am 29 years old, and since my early twenties my acne continued to get worse and worse. I visited a dermatologist in Sept. 2017, and she told me that I have moderate acne. She prescribed me Biacna topical gel (applied once per day before bed). My skin responded really well! I did not even have the "get worse before it gets better" stage. I used to have very deep, painful cystic acne all over my cheeks/chin. Now I rarely have more than one or two pimples at a time. And when I do get a pimple it's small, and goes away quickly. *Be sure to use very mild cleansers and moisturizers while using this treatment. I made the mistake of using another product at the same time and my skin got really red and flaky for a couple days."

Nadine88 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 24, 2018

For Acne: "For those reading these comments and being freaked out, don't worry, I did the same, just know this stuff works. You have to be patient with this medicine!!! I started it about a year ago and I think it took a total of 4-5 months till I was absolutely free of acne. Ever since that "it has to get worse before it gets better" stage, I think at most I've had 2 pimples at my face at once. This medicine is amazing and it does have side effects like when your skin is in the sun it is more likely to peel, and the dryness but I definitely think the pros outweigh the cons. if you are hesitant on this I definitely reccommend it - just remember to be patient!"

kvast (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 6, 2018

Veltin (clindamycin / tretinoin) for Acne: "I'm 19 years old and I started Veltin in May 17 for both hormonal acne but specifically for the many whiteheads that covered my forehead. By July, my skin was completely clear. I know that this medication did it's exact job but it also came with the side effects of having dry skin permanently, my face becoming red whenever I walk out into the sun, and having random rashes on my face due to how sensitive it is. I'm no longer using the medication because after I moved from Florida to New Hampshire, my skin was extremely dry and it caused more problems than benefits. I haven't had a single acne cyst since my skin has been clear. My only problem now is dealing with my skin texture and my skin occasionally peeling if my skin disagrees with something."

britdun (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 29, 2017

Veltin (clindamycin / tretinoin) for Acne: "I've been using this product for about a year, but started to apply it from once a day, to every other day, to stopping the treatment all together because it irritated my skin so much that it started peeling and burning around my mouth and nose, then started to spread to my cheeks. It was noticeably red with makeup on and all together looks terrible. It eventually made my acne from horrible, to worse, to okay, to awful. I don’t recommend this product to people with very sensitive skin."

liss.mer December 29, 2017

Ziana (clindamycin / tretinoin) for Acne: "You have to be patient with this cream. It took 5 months of breaking out before my skin was pretty much fully clear. It’s worth the wait. I no longer have to worry about a spot popping up everyday or painful acne spots."

Sarahhhhh2 December 13, 2017

Ziana (clindamycin / tretinoin) for Acne: "I had started acne on my chin and my forehead and nothing worked ! I was really confused because I always take some much time prepping my skin but this product made my acne leave ! I do have a little more oily skin now because of it making my skin dry but that doesn't bother me"

Cathb7 October 13, 2017

Veltin (clindamycin / tretinoin) for Acne: "I have been using Veltin for a few months for acne and layers of skin and ingrown hairs. It is the best topical treatment I've ever used. Anyone serious about their skin has to go through the time of having ugly cystic acne come out. The reason some people don't give it 10 stars is because you breakout initially but if you are educated about skin, then you know you have to break out first for you skin to get better. I have been very depressed because my face got so bad I looked like a different person and still do, but Veltin is helping me get my face back."

nashvillebabe69 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 8, 2017