User Reviews for Clindamycin / tretinoin

Also known as: Veltin, Ziana

Learn more about Clindamycin/tretinoin.

Acne 103 reviews 504 medications

7.4
Summary of Clindamycin/tretinoin reviews 103 reviews 7.4

Reviews for Clindamycin/tretinoin

Ziana (clindamycin / tretinoin) for Acne: "I never broke out my teenage years but once I hit mid 20's.. I constantly battled adult acne. No matter how well I took care of my face and washed it, I couldn't get rid of stubborn acne. Decided to go to the dermatologist & at first he tried to prescribe me a separate antibiotic & retin-a cream until I told him I didn't have insurance and if there was an one product that would be similar in one. I'm so glad he mentioned Ziana. It was pricey out of pocket but he gave me a coupon type card for the pharmacy to drop it down to $65 rather than $300! (good for 6 refills) I didn't have the side affects that others mentioned rather my acne cleared up within a month! SIDE NOTE: USE A SPARINGLY AMOUNT! a little goes a long way."

Nikkiiiii August 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Veltin (clindamycin / tretinoin) for Acne: "I've used this medicine for about a week along with a prescribed antibiotic, I have noticed that it is significantly cleared up. But it's making my face look sunburnt without being in the sun too much. My neck also recently just got really red from halfway up. Overall it's been decent, peeling, redness, and occasional burning. But, so far I like the results."

Justwantclearskin12 (taken for less than 1 month) July 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Veltin (clindamycin / tretinoin) for Acne: "I'm a teenager with moderate acne, and I used this product in conjunction with 50mg of doxycycline twice daily for two months. All I can say is, neither of these products helped my skin at all, and I'll say that they probably made my skin worse. The first two weeks on these products, my skin did nothing, got neither worse nor better, but by week 3 my face exploded with acne in places I usually don't even get acne, and for the rest of the two months my skin got no better after that breakout. I even went dairy free in order to hopefully reap the best results from this product, but it didn't work out either way."

Caroline1213 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Veltin (clindamycin / tretinoin) for Acne: "I am in my 30's and have hormonal acne. I have issues with my thyroid and produce too much androgen. Thank goodness for this stuff!!! It took a month or so to work but I'm so thankful not to have cystic chin acne. I have suffered on and off since my teens. Usually always have a few cystic bulbs on my chin, cheeks, or neck. I was supposed to use this RX along with oral antibiotics but they made me too sick so I didn't use them. This topical RX did the job for me. I've tried so many things."

Summer1987time (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Veltin (clindamycin / tretinoin) for Acne: "Veltin is great for my mild/moderate acne. I have had acne for many years trying numerous products to help. I was on Accutane and that cleared me up but about a year ago it started to come back. Eventually I went to the dermatologist and they gave me Veltin. I had amazing improvements within a day. Now a few weeks using it my skin is very smooth and now has the chance to heal from previous breakouts. It does not irritate my skin and I only had minor peeling. Others results might vary."

James45451 June 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Ziana (clindamycin / tretinoin) for Acne: "For the longest I have had a problem with breakouts on my face, mostly on my forehead and chin area. However, I must say this gel is the truth! I have been using it for 6 months now, and may have had one breakout in the beginning since I've been using it. I'm so glad I gave it a try, my skin looks great and I haven't had to deal with those sometimes painful acne breakouts."

Lakirsia June 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Ziana (clindamycin / tretinoin) for Acne: "I'm a Black woman who has mild acne (closed comedones on forehead and cheekbones), oily/combo skin, prone to post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation. I began using Biacna (equivalent to Ziana) regularly in November or December of 2016, once a day at night, making sure to apply at least SPF 40 every morning. It is now May of 2017, 5 months later, and my mild acne has spread all over my face - my forehead, all of my cheeks, and my chin are regularly covered in tiny bumps, and when those resolve, they are replaced with more tiny bumps. I think it is safe to say that this product is not working for me, since my acne has only gotten steadily worse over time, with no improvement. I will use this product for one more month."

Jess U. May 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Ziana (clindamycin / tretinoin) for Acne: "Ziana is a great product. I have used it for 4 yrs. After years of suffering with adult acne and trying various dermatologists and products nothing helped! A friend referred me to her dermatologist. I was prescribed Ziana and OTC cleanser Cerave. Due to the cost I almost didn't buy it. The pharmacist gave me a pep talk and I purchased it. Oh, I am glad I did! I returned to the dermatologist for a 6 week follow up. I was overjoyed with the results my face had completely cleared. The only thing we didn't do was to take pictures before. I had no redness or worsen breakouts. I still use it for maintenance. A life changer and I highly recommend it to you. Insurance didn't cover all of the cost but it was worth it. I thanked my pharmacist too."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Ziana (clindamycin / tretinoin) for Acne: "Luckily my skin never "purged" with this product and just cleared it up! I was prescribed birth control and ziana for my acne and never even had to start birth control because of the effectiveness of the gel. I haven't had problems with over drying with the exception of a sunburn that made me peel, just make sure to always wear face sunscreen! It's worked wonders for my skin!"

BC1 April 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne: "I will never understand why I wasn't prescribed this medication before Accutane. I have been visiting the dermatologist for about 6 years now trying to cure my moderate acne. I tried Accutane, retina, benzoyl peroxide (which I found out I am very allergic to) nothing worked. FINALLY something has worked!! It's only been about three months but around 75% of my acne is gone and the texture has improved. favorite things: I experienced no initial breakout on my face. saw dramatic results in the first 1-2 months. it actually WORKS! my biggest issues: it can be a little drying so I can only use it every couple of days at most. It has helped my acne and white heads but not my blackheads. And it does not seem to work as well on my back and chest"

caracee123 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne: "I have had acne on and off since I was a teen. It usually gets worse when I go through a big life change, a move, a new job etc. I also get acne after eating greasy food. I have been using Clindamycin & Trentinoin for the past year and the results are nothing short of amazing. Not only is my skin looking clear, the trentinoin is amazing at repairing scars and evening out my skin tone. You have to be patient when using this product and having a healthy lifestyle helps tremendously. I ride my bike to work (11 miles roundtrip) and do hot yoga. The sweating helps. I also ditched makeup and eat lots of water/vitamin rich foods. A prescription won't solve all your problems but doing the right things with a little RX assistance can be very effective"

Chelsinthesea (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne: "Okay, so I've been on Biacna (Canadian version) for almost a month and a half now. I'm in the process of breaking out and experiencing dryness from the product but after reading the reviews, I'm hopeful in a few weeks the change will begin. I've struggled with acne since high school (I just turned 20) so it's been really annoying to constantly worry and be self conscious about how my skin looks. My acne to begin with is somewhat mild so the gel is causing all these tiny bumps to form mostly on my cheeks and forehead. I'll post an update of my skin in a few weeks to let you know if it works for me."

DuskDawn March 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Ziana (clindamycin / tretinoin) for Acne: "I went to a dermatologist back in November, he prescribed me zaina , I start out by using it daily and it cause me a lil redness but it went away , it also made break out a lil when I first start using it , I think that was one of the side effects , but anyways its now January, and my face is looking so muchhhhh better I only have a bit of scars but besides that zaina help me out a lot , and I would recommend this to other people struggling with acne . I also took before and after pictures and I love how my skin is looking ."

Josssp96 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne: "So far I love this product! I've had mild but persistent acne for years. After finishing one round of accutane and seeing minimal results with terrible side effects I decided to stop treatment. Soon after my acne came back again with a small amount of cystic acne but many, many small red bumps all over. Finally my derm gave me Clindamycin 1.2% and Tretinoin .025% gel. After one and a half months I see great improvement!! I recommend gel, it leaves a nice, smooth finish. I BARELY had an initial breakout, which is uncommon for me. Yes I did break out but nothing worse than how it was before. It is drying so I highly suggest using it every other night and using it as a spot treatment on very dry days. 60% or so of my acne is already clear!"

carocee123 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Ziana (clindamycin / tretinoin) for Acne: "Product had pretty much zero impact on my acne. I used daily, sometimes twice daily for a year and there have been no results. Product can be pricey as well. I'm not sure it's worth. At least it wasn't for me."

Beautiful Bert January 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Veltin (clindamycin / tretinoin) for Acne: "The first week my skin got very dry and patchy. It peeled a good bit. The second week my skin broke out worse than it ever has, and I started getting really discouraged that it wasn't working and I felt like it had made my skin worse. I am now about to finish up my third week, and my skin is really clearing up well. I would say be patient with this product and give it one full month, and you will begin to see results. The method I use is washing my face, patting it dry, putting on a moisturizer, waiting about 10-15 minutes, then applying the veltin only on the acne spots. This has seemed to work best for me."

RedAA January 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Ziana (clindamycin / tretinoin) for Acne: "I had the same problem with the start of this product as others mentioned before--it does break you out for the first few months (I think 2-3 months). However, after that short period of problems it got better & my face started to clear up. I have been taking birth control with this product to control my hormonal balance. The birth control does the job overall but whenever I get a few pop up pimples I put the Ziana on it for like 2 days & it pretty much kills the pimple. I can't use Ziana everyday because it DOES dry out your skin. So I WOULDN'T recommend this be in your daily skin routine...after your face gets use to the product I'd say use it for controlling spots."

s kathleen (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Ziana (clindamycin / tretinoin) for Acne: "For some reason, my acne became uncontrollable after I gave birth to my daughter. I finally went to the dermatologist after quite a few breakdowns. I started Ziana in January 2016. This medicine will take about 3 months of purging your skin before it shows how clear your skin will be. Be patient. Yes, it sucks. But it does work 100%. I have before and after if anyone would like to see or has any questions! "

Changed my Life (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 21, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne: "I am 18 years old and started to get occasional deep under the skin pimples as well as tiny bumps around my face. I have been using this stuff for about 3-1/2 months now and I am so glad I stuck with it. in the beginning I wanted to give up, it was awful, your skin is super dry and peeling and burns occasionally, but you have to wait it out! I have never been so confident with my skin and once I hit that 3 ish month mark my skin has only been getting better. don't give up, this stuff really works!!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 10, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Veltin (clindamycin / tretinoin) for Acne: "I was applying it nightly at first and realized it was causing my skin to peel a lot. Switched to using it every 3-4 nights and exfoliated my skin every morning. After about a month I was able to put it on every night with no peeling issues. I also started only putting it on my problem areas (acne scars) rather than my whole face. Flash forward 3 months later from my first night using it and my skin looks GREAT. You have to be patient and find a regime that works for you. Yes, your skin will peel at first..but you can also use it sparingly so your skin gets used to it. You don't have to torture yourself and use it every night at first. Start slow but keep a schedule. I put it on once a week now. I'm happy I stuck with it!"

Mh9989 November 16, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Veltin (clindamycin / tretinoin) for Acne: "After 3 failed acne Rx's (epiduo, sulfer face wash, minocycline) my 13yo daughter was prescribed this in conjunction w/ amoxicillin by a dermatologist (first 3 were from a pediatrician). I has worked very well and finally cleared her acne up. Her acne was moderate when we started w/ the Rx's, but then I'd say 2 months of minocycline got it in the severe range. Now her face is pretty much all clear after 2 months on this product and amoxicillin. She had/has some occaisional dryness and peeling, especially w/ her lips, but it was minor and much better than dealing w/ acne. I like this product."

Mom56789 November 14, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Veltin (clindamycin / tretinoin) for Acne: "I started using this and it was fine until my face one morning started burning really bad, my face was bright red!! When I tried to wash it off my face started stinging and burning so bad I could have cried"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 12, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Ziana (clindamycin / tretinoin) for Acne: "HOPE THIS HELPS After years of jawline and chin acne, some cystic, I saw a dermatoglist, who put me on Ziana Gel - Clindamycin (1.2%) and Tretinoin (.025%). The dermatologist also recommend I use cetaphil products, which I eventually found best was the lightweight lotion and gentle cleansing bar. I wash my face at night with the soap, mostly dry my face (leaving face damp), then apply the ziana, and the apply the lotion. This way, the products absorb better, and also felt good. It got worse before it got better (about 4 months) but today my skin is beautiful and radiant, exactly how I feel! It does make your skin slightly oily (bringing bacteria to surface), however I still rate it a 10 because of the results. Ziana is seriously a MIRACLE!"

NS222 (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 1, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Ziana (clindamycin / tretinoin) for Acne: "I keep seeing people say that this leaves more breakouts and they give up. There is a reason the doctors tell you to keep at it! I have been on this product for several years now. When I first started my skin was worse and I had horrible peeling and redness and itchiness. As with most things, it gets worse before it gets better. And believe me, it got better! Not only has it taken care of my acne it has also removed several fine lines and wrinkles. The trick to this is to just hang in there! You sunblock and pamper your face in the beginning. If you stick with it like the doctors suggest, you will see improvement. The key is just trusting the doctors and using the product as directed. It takes time to work. I saw no improvement for a couple months and then almost overnight my face was clear. I am now such a believer in this that I don't want to use anything else! There seems to be A shortage of this right now and I'm really hoping that it is only temporary. I think this stuff is amazing and will most definitely continue use a soon as it becomes available again. This is the only thing that I have found that works for me."

Name is not important (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 1, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Veltin (clindamycin / tretinoin) for Acne: "I had many obnoxious but small bumps on my forehead this past summer. Along with that, the occasional large zit. I got put on veltin by my dermatologist, and began using it on august 3rd. At first I used it every other night on my whole face except my cheeks, and experienced a bit of dryness around my mouth, and overall redness. That subsided fairly quickly and I began to use it once a day at night, at least a half hour after showering and moisturizing to minimize stinging. Today is september 24, and my skin has been perfectly clear for two weeks! I have adjusted to the dryness, and my skin is very happy!"

Mac11990 September 25, 2016