User Reviews for Clindamycin/tretinoin topical

Also known as: Ziana, Veltin

Acne 7.6

Reviews for Clindamycin/tretinoin topical

89amarie · Taken for less than 1 month June 16, 2020

For Acne: “My dermatologist prescribed this after I got a flare up of breakouts that were causing awful hyperpigmentation on my face. I'm starting off slowly (one week in applying every other day before bed time). So far I've experienced two small breakouts and some dryness but nothing substantial. I've also noticed it's helping a bit with the hyperpigmentation. Excited to see the results in 12 weeks! Will try to update this with my final results.”

Emily June 14, 2020

For Acne: “Hi, I’m from the UK and our version of this clindamycin/tretinoin gel is called Treclin. I have been using treclin since late January 2020 I was frustrated with these tough acne spots that I kept getting. I like the texture of Treclin as it’s a dewy gel. The first week I used Treclin my skin was fine, however as time went on. My skin began to break out like crazy. It was purging so much, I realised my skin was worse than before. As time went on I also began breaking out on areas I don’t get acne: my forehead and chin. March and April were the worst months for me. It did ruin my confidence as my skin was so bad. BUT In May, I purchased a new gel as after the 3 month work it stops working. I can now say in the month of June, my skin has improved greatly! I still have acne marks, but they are starting to fade. In the past month I’ve only got maybe 1-3 spots and that’s it. This gel really works but you have to endure the purging stage.”

HAPS · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 2, 2020

Ziana (clindamycin / tretinoin) for Acne: “I promised myself that I would write a review if the product worked and here I am! I’ve been using it for 2 years and my skin has cleared:) when I first used it (3 months),i didn’t see any improvement. One thing I realized is to minimize the amount of products (ie toner, essences) used when using Biacna. Simply use a moisturizer/lotion. I recommend a really thick moisturizer because your skin tends to dry ALOT(coming from a person with very oily face) don’t give up using this product and hope the best to all!”

Franny · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 30, 2020

For Acne: “This gel clindamycin/tretinoin has completely saved my skin. I’ve had acne since I was 14 (I’m 28 now) but was able to clear up my skin around 17. Last fall I started getting hormonal acne so I saw a derm in January. She prescribed Treclin, a gentle cleanser, and an antibiotic I took for 40 days. My skin purged pretty badly for three weeks but then started improving very slowly. I’d still get new zits every day but less and less. It was around two months later that my skin finally cleared. However, I had a lot of scarring from the purge period that still made it look like my skin was bad. I started wearing sunscreen every day my skin actually started to flourish. It’s been about a month since my skin has been completely clear and my scarring has faded almost completely. What I used to consider oil now is more of a dewy finish that makes my skin look great. I’ve now started using less of the gel. My skin looks incredible now three months later and I’m so happy with the results!”

steverh · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 22, 2020

For Acne: “I hope this review gives someone hope. I am in my early 40s and have had horrible acne my whole life. I've really tried almost everything. I tried Biacna (same drug, but diff name in Canada) before, and hated it. My skin broke out horribly. But second time trying on the urging of my doctor, I stuck with it the next time. Skin broke out again like crazy for about two weeks (the worst I ever saw). I told my doctor, he saw how awful my face looked, but still begged me try stick with it for another month. I did. I hid mostly inside my house for about a month because the acne got so awful. But, about 2 months into using it every day, my skin cleared up - it's like all the acne that was happening on my face all cleared up almost all of a sudden. I am now (knock on wood) about 3 weeks without any significant or visible acne on my face!!!! Please do yourself a painful favour. Stick with it for at least 2 months before giving up on this one.”

vic45 · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 12, 2020

For Acne: “I've struggled with hormonal/cystic breakouts for years, 4+ cysts on my face at all times. I was considering accutane for a 2nd time when I gave this clindamycin / tretinoin gel a try- now I don't have ANY pimples& my scars are fading more everyday! Having patience with this product is critical! The purging is miserable. It gets patchy dry & its almost impossible to wear makeup without it looking funky I started by using it on my problem areas about 2 x a week to get my face used to it & I'd gradually increase it. Your skin will get less dry the more you use it. I wash my face using cerave hydrating cleanser at night, moisturize with cerave hydrating lotion right after, then wait about 15 min & apply the gel (a little goes a long way). Right when I wake up i cleanse with cerave miscellar water to remove the gel. I use the miscellar water to take off my makeup & I’ll use the gel in the afternoon if i’m not leaving the house. *give this product a try& be patient it is SO WORTH IT”

Lauren p · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 19, 2020

Ziana (clindamycin / tretinoin) for Acne: “Hey everyone, So this medication in combination with a Benzac wash 10% has really done a number on me. I had perfectly normal skin then got some kind of bacterial skin infection which caused an overnight breakout (over 100 white heads on my face and neck). Was put on Med and it disappeared... then slowly started to come back as acne. So I was put on Bianca and benzac wash. Which made it insanely worse. It clears up then my skin purges, then it clears up then it purges. It’s been doing this for 2 months now. Not sure what to think. It I am a flight attendant and my skin does an over night breakout also when I do long flights in the dry environment. Seems like every time it seems manageable it’s breaks out overnight. Has anyone else had these experiences.”

steverh · Taken for less than 1 month November 29, 2019

Ziana (clindamycin / tretinoin) for Acne: “My rating of 7 out of 10 is mostly just based on my hope that this is a 10. Was using TactuPump (adapolene and benz. per.) but had far too bad hyper-pigmentation. I'm white as a ghost so it looked like I was using tanning lotion or something. Biacna (Canadian name for same drug as Ziana) has really made a mess of my face so far. I'm going to suffer it for a couple more weeks. (It's only been one week so far). At least it's not tanning my face. So disappointed I couldn't tolerate the TactuPump. It worked really, really well. Side effects just weren't 'do-able' - Biacna has so far just made my face break out like crazy, and triggered a bout of rosacea around my cheeks close to my nose. Totally dry. No moisturizer has helped. I'm just trying to suck it up and deal with it for a while longer. Thanks to all who share here, your experiences really help knowing I'm not some weird case.”

Skincareaddict · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 26, 2019

Ziana (clindamycin / tretinoin) for Acne: “I am a 27 year old female who had moderate cystic acne due to inflammation caused by ulcerative colitis. I saw a dermatologist who prescribed me Bianca, the Canadian version of Ziana and he gave me a ton of samples that I’m still using. That was August 9th, the first 2 months were rough... I wanted to stop using it multiple times because my purging period was so bad but I was so desperate to clear my skin. My face for the first 2 months got a lot worse, it was red, itchy, painful, dry and flaky. I also simplified my skincare routine to just a sensitive cleanser, I used the bioderma sensibio mild foaming gel and la Roche posay moisturizer. My face started to improve 2.5 months into using it and I’m currently 3.5 months into using Bianca and all of my cystic bumps are gone, I’m continuing to use the medication to get rid of the acne scars left behind. I never thought my skin would be this clear again. Yes the purging period was horrible but I’m so glad I didn’t give up on this.”

Ty October 21, 2019

For Acne: “My skin had almost a 10 week acne purging process that came in waves. The breakouts got better over time and also went away much faster. When I started my treatment I made sure to follow these steps: Start slow and use a small amount. I was eager, as I had been dealing with this for half a year. 3 times a week was too much for me, and I experienced dry, red, and painful skin. I re evaluated and started with 2 times a week, then 3, 4, and nightly. MOISTURIZE. MOISTURIZE. MOISTURIZE. Every night, I wash face with sensitive cleanser, immediately moisturize with a heavy duty moisturizer. Wait 20ish minutes, then apply Bianca. Wake up in the morning, rinse face, immediately moisturize with light moisturizer containing SPF15. Be patient and have faith that your routine and the product will work. I stuck it out and made a commitment. My skin is totally clear now with exception for the occasional small deeper pimple but even those are becoming infrequent and heal within 2 days.”

J.S. September 22, 2019

For Acne: “I have been struggling with cystic acne mixed with blackheads on my nose specifically. My current dermatologist prescribed me with Biacna (clindamycin/tretinoin). At first, it gets really bad. I've never had such bad acne purging since the start of my puberty. I've never had a single forehead or temple acne since the start of puberty and after using this prescription, I started getting them again. It got better on my 11th week of nightly usage. On my 12th week usage, my skin was almost clear. I only had 1 cystic pimple on my forehead. I'm currently on my 14th week of usage and the pimples I get are very small (currently have at least 6 little pimples that goes away in 4 days) and could easily covered by BB cream. I'd rather have dry patches than cheeks filled with cystic acne, so I can't complain. I'm excited to see what my skin will look like in 4 months from now ^^. I'm also using Finacea with this, but finacea barely helps to reduce my acne lol; only helps with hyperpigmentation.”

Maggie · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 6, 2019

For Acne: “To start off, this has been the only cream or treatment that has cleared my acne. I’ve tried 3 other prescription creams and they didn’t work. This was the one. A disclaimer though, it gets a lot worse before it gets better. I started out using it once a week and it was so harsh at first. Made my skin peel, crack and flake like mad and brought up ALL my acne. This would come in waves. But when I say it gets better it gets so much better. My skin is smooth, pores shrinking, and whole complexion is so much better. I actually received a spontaneous compliment about my skin for the first time ever. It makes your skin rough for a minute, then totally clears it. I literally woke up one morning and I didn’t have zits. If you’re willing to wait about 6 weeks with worse skin than usual I can’t recommend it enough. Get a heavy duty moisturizer (I use la Roche Posay toleraine riche) and prepare for some rough skin days but honestly hang in there I can’t recommend it enough”

Toothfairy August 25, 2019

Ziana (clindamycin / tretinoin) for Acne: “I’m 28 and have been struggling with acne since I was 11. I’ve kept having issues with acne along my jawline, temples, and even on my chest. I was prescribed Ziana (I’m in Canada so it’s called Biacna here), I was scared to use it at first for fear of the “purge”. I tried it on my chest only to see how it would go. While it’s drying things out, my skin felt like I had coffee grinds on it from healing lesions. Then they would exfoliate away after a few days! When I saw it working, I put it on my face as well but only on my problem areas. It works a little slower than on the chest but my skin is already so much better and I’m only a month in! The purge lasted for only 2 weeks.. Word of caution, the photosensitivity is real! I was out for groceries for a few hours and only moved out of my car and into the stores...and my chest was sunburnt for 4 days! a high SPF sunscreen is a must. I’m very very happy with this product and an acne free life seems actually possible now!!!!”

XL August 9, 2019

For Acne: “I have been using Retin A during 9 months but still had acnes. I went to see my doctor and she let me try Biacna, the Canadian version of Veltin. After 3 weeks, I have no more acne. Give it a try!”

l._.mond · Taken for less than 1 month July 26, 2019

Veltin (clindamycin / tretinoin) for Acne: “I have been using this for a week and I’m already seeing amazing results but I have been using different stuff for a good 3 years and nothing worked until now.”

CTH · Taken for less than 1 month July 22, 2019

For Acne: “So I just started using this last night for the first time. I have had horrible acne every since I was a tween and even worse after 2 kids. Clindamycin and Benzoyle did not touch it. I have read the reviews and to start, my doctor and pharmacist stressed to me NOT to wear this gel on my skin out during the day in the sun. That could be where the bad experiences are coming from. It is supposed to be used at night time before bed strictly. Also to wash off before you go outside from the night before. I am waiting to get into a dermatologist so this is an experiment for me in the meantime since nothing else seems to be working for me. I will keep posted on how it affects my skin but I would get all the facts before using something as potent as this gel before thinking it will be gone in a week or 2.”

Rick July 19, 2019

For Acne: “My son used this on his back for a couple days and got black scabs like burn holes in his skin. I don’t know what to do! His dr suggested Tretinoin pill and I’m scared if he’ll have a reaction to it. He ended up getting really sick I’m pretty sure it was from the bad reaction cause his back looked infected. Please let me know if anyone experienced this after using this”

Fred · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 10, 2019

For Acne: “Wonderful drug. I have late onset adult acne. Works like a charm. I use it to treat as I get few eruptions all” inside type” red and swollen. If I catch it early they do not even get to the swollen part. Read the product instructions carefully. Since I treat one at a time I use a cotton swab.. 10/10.”

Anonymous June 5, 2019

Veltin (clindamycin / tretinoin) for Acne: “I have been using Veltin for about 5 weeks now. At first I was worried when I started using it because it made me break out across my forehead. Luckily, the pimples were small and not severe. My skin has adjusted to the medicine, and although I still have some pimples, I’m pretty happy with the results. I’m going to continue to use this product throughout the summer.”

LKN MOM · Taken for less than 1 month June 5, 2019

For Acne: “For my 14 year old daughter, her acne was so bad, white heads, black heads, and cysts. I know what the reviews say, give it 3 months, but Good Grief, this medication took a bad situation and made it horribly worse. We gave it 3 weeks and paid the dermatologist another visit, he took her off and put her on Dapsone, she has been on it FOUR DAYS, and we are happy with the results.”

NatNat · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 1, 2019

For Acne: “I started getting acne after I turned 40, hormonal, cystic acne on the chin. I was skeptical that anything would work. Within 2 weeks on clindamycin with tretinoin, I saw a difference. Yes, it will get worse before it gets better and it does burn and dry the skin at first, but hang in there because the results are amazing. Living with acne affects your self esteem at any age. At 45, I would have people point and ask what happened to my face. Now, I get so many compliments on how youthful I look and how clear my complexion is. You don't need to use a lot, but make sure you cleanse well before (I use micellar water). Then I follow-up with CeraVe lotion. I can't tell you how this has changed my life. I always touch my chin in amazement.”

Jack · Taken for less than 1 month May 13, 2019

For Acne: “I was on accutane for 6 months and my skin completely cleared up. After taking up hot yoga, my skin started to freak out again and I was getting those big red bumps all over my forehead. No where else just the forehead with some blackheads around my nose. I started using this gel, and within a week and its almost completely cleared up. I highly recommend! It is a little drying so would suggest an intense moisturizer.”

John · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 7, 2019

For Acne: “Miracle drug for congested / red / weird textured / oily skin In the initial phases my skin broke out, especially on my jawline area. This subsided and the quality and texture of my skin is similar to when before I had acne. I was amazed that this drug worked and am still amazed it has given me renewed confidence. I get compliments from others on how different my skin looks and they didn't know I took this.”

Chi town Girl May 7, 2019

Veltin (clindamycin / tretinoin) for Acne: “This medicine Veltin is incredible, I am 39 and still get acne if my skin is left untreated. It became particularly bad following a very stressful month at work - I mean, so bad it was embarrassing, with big red zits, some I could pop, others wouldn’t pop and just festered away for ages -just gross. I went on Veltin and six months later I feel like a skin model. I can’t believe how good my skin looks. Zero acne. Nothing but a few blackheads around my nose from time to time that can easily be extracted. Plus this medicine has rentinols in it which are the best thing for anti-aging. So this is my anti-aging and anti-acne super weapon rolled into one powerful gel. You have to be patient with this medicine, however. At first your face may be very dry. I apply once per day at night and moisturize immediately after with a Cera Ve moisturizing cream, which is cheap, over the counter, and doesn’t cause breakouts. That helps tremendously.”

Charlotte124 · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 17, 2019

For Acne: “I started with acne in 2016 where I was prescribed zineryt lotion which made my skin amazing- the best it has ever been. Then I started breaking out again and got the worst acne ever so I was prescribed the treclim gel which is a clindamycin/tretinoin topical. For the first 6-10 weeks I saw no improvements and I actually thought it was getting worse but after reading hundreds of positive reviews I decided to stick at it. After around 3 and a half months my skin suddenly started to clear up very quickly and at one point there was not a single spot on my face. However I have notice that whilst using this gel it makes my skin very sensitive and almost all my previous spots have turned into hyperpigmentation which when using zineryt this did not happen so I am now spending money on microdermabrasion treatments etc so just something to bare in mind. This is not for someone who wants fast results and this medication will take time and patience is key.”