User Reviews for Clindamycin / tretinoin

Also known as: Veltin, Ziana

Learn more about Clindamycin/tretinoin.

Acne 94 reviews 536 medications

7.4
Summary of Clindamycin/tretinoin reviews 94 reviews 7.4

Reviews for Clindamycin/tretinoin

For Acne: "I will never understand why I wasn't prescribed this medication before Accutane. I have been visiting the dermatologist for about 6 years now trying to cure my moderate acne. I tried Accutane, retina, benzoyl peroxide (which I found out I am very allergic to) nothing worked. FINALLY something has worked!! It's only been about three months but around 75% of my acne is gone and the texture has improved. favorite things: I experienced no initial breakout on my face. saw dramatic results in the first 1-2 months. it actually WORKS! my biggest issues: it can be a little drying so I can only use it every couple of days at most. It has helped my acne and white heads but not my blackheads. And it does not seem to work as well on my back and chest"

caracee123 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 29, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne: "I have had acne on and off since I was a teen. It usually gets worse when I go through a big life change, a move, a new job etc. I also get acne after eating greasy food. I have been using Clindamycin & Trentinoin for the past year and the results are nothing short of amazing. Not only is my skin looking clear, the trentinoin is amazing at repairing scars and evening out my skin tone. You have to be patient when using this product and having a healthy lifestyle helps tremendously. I ride my bike to work (11 miles roundtrip) and do hot yoga. The sweating helps. I also ditched makeup and eat lots of water/vitamin rich foods. A prescription won't solve all your problems but doing the right things with a little RX assistance can be very effective"

Chelsinthesea (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 13, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne: "Okay, so I've been on Biacna (Canadian version) for almost a month and a half now. I'm in the process of breaking out and experiencing dryness from the product but after reading the reviews, I'm hopeful in a few weeks the change will begin. I've struggled with acne since high school (I just turned 20) so it's been really annoying to constantly worry and be self conscious about how my skin looks. My acne to begin with is somewhat mild so the gel is causing all these tiny bumps to form mostly on my cheeks and forehead. I'll post an update of my skin in a few weeks to let you know if it works for me."

DuskDawn March 11, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Ziana (clindamycin / tretinoin) for Acne: "I went to a dermatologist back in November, he prescribed me zaina , I start out by using it daily and it cause me a lil redness but it went away , it also made break out a lil when I first start using it , I think that was one of the side effects , but anyways its now January, and my face is looking so muchhhhh better I only have a bit of scars but besides that zaina help me out a lot , and I would recommend this to other people struggling with acne . I also took before and after pictures and I love how my skin is looking ."

Josssp96 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 9, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne: "So far I love this product! I've had mild but persistent acne for years. After finishing one round of accutane and seeing minimal results with terrible side effects I decided to stop treatment. Soon after my acne came back again with a small amount of cystic acne but many, many small red bumps all over. Finally my derm gave me Clindamycin 1.2% and Tretinoin .025% gel. After one and a half months I see great improvement!! I recommend gel, it leaves a nice, smooth finish. I BARELY had an initial breakout, which is uncommon for me. Yes I did break out but nothing worse than how it was before. It is drying so I highly suggest using it every other night and using it as a spot treatment on very dry days. 60% or so of my acne is already clear!"

carocee123 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 6, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Ziana (clindamycin / tretinoin) for Acne: "Product had pretty much zero impact on my acne. I used daily, sometimes twice daily for a year and there have been no results. Product can be pricey as well. I'm not sure it's worth. At least it wasn't for me."

Beautiful Bert January 29, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Veltin (clindamycin / tretinoin) for Acne: "The first week my skin got very dry and patchy. It peeled a good bit. The second week my skin broke out worse than it ever has, and I started getting really discouraged that it wasn't working and I felt like it had made my skin worse. I am now about to finish up my third week, and my skin is really clearing up well. I would say be patient with this product and give it one full month, and you will begin to see results. The method I use is washing my face, patting it dry, putting on a moisturizer, waiting about 10-15 minutes, then applying the veltin only on the acne spots. This has seemed to work best for me."

RedAA January 18, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Ziana (clindamycin / tretinoin) for Acne: "I had the same problem with the start of this product as others mentioned before--it does break you out for the first few months (I think 2-3 months). However, after that short period of problems it got better & my face started to clear up. I have been taking birth control with this product to control my hormonal balance. The birth control does the job overall but whenever I get a few pop up pimples I put the Ziana on it for like 2 days & it pretty much kills the pimple. I can't use Ziana everyday because it DOES dry out your skin. So I WOULDN'T recommend this be in your daily skin routine...after your face gets use to the product I'd say use it for controlling spots."

s kathleen (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 5, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Ziana (clindamycin / tretinoin) for Acne: "For some reason, my acne became uncontrollable after I gave birth to my daughter. I finally went to the dermatologist after quite a few breakdowns. I started Ziana in January 2016. This medicine will take about 3 months of purging your skin before it shows how clear your skin will be. Be patient. Yes, it sucks. But it does work 100%. I have before and after if anyone would like to see or has any questions! "

Changed my Life (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 21, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne: "I am 18 years old and started to get occasional deep under the skin pimples as well as tiny bumps around my face. I have been using this stuff for about 3-1/2 months now and I am so glad I stuck with it. in the beginning I wanted to give up, it was awful, your skin is super dry and peeling and burns occasionally, but you have to wait it out! I have never been so confident with my skin and once I hit that 3 ish month mark my skin has only been getting better. don't give up, this stuff really works!!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 10, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Veltin (clindamycin / tretinoin) for Acne: "I was applying it nightly at first and realized it was causing my skin to peel a lot. Switched to using it every 3-4 nights and exfoliated my skin every morning. After about a month I was able to put it on every night with no peeling issues. I also started only putting it on my problem areas (acne scars) rather than my whole face. Flash forward 3 months later from my first night using it and my skin looks GREAT. You have to be patient and find a regime that works for you. Yes, your skin will peel at first..but you can also use it sparingly so your skin gets used to it. You don't have to torture yourself and use it every night at first. Start slow but keep a schedule. I put it on once a week now. I'm happy I stuck with it!"

Mh9989 November 16, 2016

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Veltin (clindamycin / tretinoin) for Acne: "After 3 failed acne Rx's (epiduo, sulfer face wash, minocycline) my 13yo daughter was prescribed this in conjunction w/ amoxicillin by a dermatologist (first 3 were from a pediatrician). I has worked very well and finally cleared her acne up. Her acne was moderate when we started w/ the Rx's, but then I'd say 2 months of minocycline got it in the severe range. Now her face is pretty much all clear after 2 months on this product and amoxicillin. She had/has some occaisional dryness and peeling, especially w/ her lips, but it was minor and much better than dealing w/ acne. I like this product."

Mom56789 November 14, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Veltin (clindamycin / tretinoin) for Acne: "I started using this and it was fine until my face one morning started burning really bad, my face was bright red!! When I tried to wash it off my face started stinging and burning so bad I could have cried"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 12, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Ziana (clindamycin / tretinoin) for Acne: "HOPE THIS HELPS After years of jawline and chin acne, some cystic, I saw a dermatoglist, who put me on Ziana Gel - Clindamycin (1.2%) and Tretinoin (.025%). The dermatologist also recommend I use cetaphil products, which I eventually found best was the lightweight lotion and gentle cleansing bar. I wash my face at night with the soap, mostly dry my face (leaving face damp), then apply the ziana, and the apply the lotion. This way, the products absorb better, and also felt good. It got worse before it got better (about 4 months) but today my skin is beautiful and radiant, exactly how I feel! It does make your skin slightly oily (bringing bacteria to surface), however I still rate it a 10 because of the results. Ziana is seriously a MIRACLE!"

NS222 (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 1, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Ziana (clindamycin / tretinoin) for Acne: "I keep seeing people say that this leaves more breakouts and they give up. There is a reason the doctors tell you to keep at it! I have been on this product for several years now. When I first started my skin was worse and I had horrible peeling and redness and itchiness. As with most things, it gets worse before it gets better. And believe me, it got better! Not only has it taken care of my acne it has also removed several fine lines and wrinkles. The trick to this is to just hang in there! You sunblock and pamper your face in the beginning. If you stick with it like the doctors suggest, you will see improvement. The key is just trusting the doctors and using the product as directed. It takes time to work. I saw no improvement for a couple months and then almost overnight my face was clear. I am now such a believer in this that I don't want to use anything else! There seems to be A shortage of this right now and I'm really hoping that it is only temporary. I think this stuff is amazing and will most definitely continue use a soon as it becomes available again. This is the only thing that I have found that works for me."

Name is not important (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 1, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Veltin (clindamycin / tretinoin) for Acne: "I had many obnoxious but small bumps on my forehead this past summer. Along with that, the occasional large zit. I got put on veltin by my dermatologist, and began using it on august 3rd. At first I used it every other night on my whole face except my cheeks, and experienced a bit of dryness around my mouth, and overall redness. That subsided fairly quickly and I began to use it once a day at night, at least a half hour after showering and moisturizing to minimize stinging. Today is september 24, and my skin has been perfectly clear for two weeks! I have adjusted to the dryness, and my skin is very happy!"

Mac11990 September 25, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Ziana (clindamycin / tretinoin) for Acne: "great product! Before trying this I used so many over the counter products, but this left me super clear, I had moderate to severe acne, today I get compliments on my skin almost daily! Try it and it may cause more breakouts in the beginning but its definitely worth the wait. I never write reviews but if this can inspire someone to continue finding a solution to their acne It would leave me feeling more than great. I used to cry daily about it and understand how self torturing it can be. Besides using this product, I also wanted to say I do not eat red meat and try to stay on a strict diet, with no dairy, and gluten free foods. I do eat chicken, fish, etc. I believe this has also impacted my skin greatly. There's hope trust me I know it's annoying but with persistence anything is possible!"

Ale719461 September 14, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Ziana (clindamycin / tretinoin) for Acne: "I was experiencing some bad acne for about 2 years before I went and saw a dermatologist about it. She prescribed me ziana. My main acne was on my cheeks which also lead to brown spots. The first month on this medicine was the worst, you will want to give up, but DONT! It made my skin super sensitive; it made you want to cry but it hurt for tears to even touch your face. No makeup looked good bc of how dry it got. About 2-3 months I started seeing some results. About 5 - 6 months in and I had no blemishes left and the brown spots have faded significantly. There's still some there but I was told those will take the longest to go away. I wish I knew how to share a picture of the difference."

Britt lynn (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 23, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne: "UPDATE 8 MONTHS LATER: I first posted about a month into my treatment to say that my cysts were disappearing. It has been 8 months and I am happy to say that I do not have a single pimple - I may get 1 or two around my period but usually spotless skin! I have been struggling with acne for so long (13-20) that I thought it would never disappear or get better but it does!!!!! Have faith!! I am also on the birth control YAZ which I started 2 and a half months into Biacna which has also helped in the complete clearing of my skin. I only started to have days where I would only have one pimple or two and then a breakout about 3 months in and I also would put a thick coating of it on the cystic parts of my face all day which sped up the process"

Mayalama August 22, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Veltin (clindamycin / tretinoin) for Acne: "Worst topical medicine i have ever used. After applying once on my already almost healed pimples, it burnt my face, made it swollen and look way worse than it was before. Now have to roam around with a burnt face and big scars on my face. I would never ever recommend this to anyone."

SG81 August 17, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Veltin (clindamycin / tretinoin) for Acne: "I've used Veltin for about 3-5 months , but i get lazy so I'll say like 2 months . I've gotten complements abouy that it got better since last year , people will rate me a 7 or 8. If i used it more often , like every night I know it would be much more clearer and you can really see the changes about a week or two but you have to be patient."

Anonymous August 15, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne: "I have had acne for about 7 years now and my doctor recently put me on a combination of to topical creams 'clindamycin' & 'Differrin' & a perscription of benzol perosive fave wash along with an antibiotic 'doxycycline'. I suffer from white heads and blackheads more then pimples. I've been on the combination of medications for 2 weeks now and I've noticed a huge change. My black heads are disappearing and my skin is becoming smooth..only negative thing is its causing bad dry skin and a slight burn to my face so I cut the face wash benzoyl peroxide down to every other day and the burning is going away.I highly recommend this treatment."

Shortie101 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 11, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Ziana (clindamycin / tretinoin) for Acne: "I have suffered from cystic acne on my face and back since I was 16 (I'm now 27). I was on birthcontrol Diane for 10 years that helped with the embarassing acne but I wanted to go off of synthetic hormones. My acne came back with a vengance one the birth control was out of my system (about 5 months later) and I was at a loss- My derm recmmended a regimen of applying Ziana gel at night and Acanya in the mornings and also wanted to put me on antibiotics- I never took the Solodyn because I only like to take antibiotics in extreme cases to my kind to my gut. It took 3-4 months for the acne to clear up and the dark spots to disappear but it is 100% gone! Not a single breakout. Be patient its worht it!"

Reb7 July 31, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Ziana (clindamycin / tretinoin) for Acne: "I've been using Ziana since May every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday and there are no results. It is now the end of July and my acne is worse. I read on the website,just today to apply it every night, nothing on there says every other night like my doctor said. I have been battling acne for 17 years and this is getting stressful. I have gone through every treatment you can think of and now I'm starting to give up. I've even looked this bad."

Shainab87 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 19, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Ziana (clindamycin / tretinoin) for Acne: "I have had minor acne since sophomore year of college (now graduated). I'm afraid my dermatologist has not been good about following up with me long-term, so I've probably been misusing the medication for a while. It clears up my clogged pores really nicely (yay!) but there are still lots of blackheads and sometimes the clogged pores stay there a long time. I'm a skin picker (bad) so that has aggravated my acne from touching my face and caused some minimal scarring which I can easily cover up with makeup. One of my least favorite things about this medicine is that, although it clears most of my clogged pores, I have noticed an increase in painful cystic acne around hotspots (potentially due to the onset of hormonal acne)."

NGH1347 July 16, 2016