User Reviews for Clindamycin / tretinoin topical

Acne
7.4

Summary of Clindamycin/tretinoin reviews 7.4 142 reviews

Reviews for Clindamycin/tretinoin

For Acne: "I started with acne in 2016 where I was prescribed zineryt lotion which made my skin amazing- the best it has ever been. Then I started breaking out again and got the worst acne ever so I was prescribed the treclim gel which is a clindamycin/tretinoin topical. For the first 6-10 weeks I saw no improvements and I actually thought it was getting worse but after reading hundreds of positive reviews I decided to stick at it. After around 3 and a half months my skin suddenly started to clear up very quickly and at one point there was not a single spot on my face. However I have notice that whilst using this gel it makes my skin very sensitive and almost all my previous spots have turned into hyperpigmentation which when using zineryt this did not happen so I am now spending money on microdermabrasion treatments etc so just something to bare in mind. This is not for someone who wants fast results and this medication will take time and patience is key."

Charlotte124 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 17, 2019

For Acne: "I was very nervous to use this product at first, as my dermatologist told me i would get an "initial breakout" for 2-6 weeks while using the gel. My acne mainly surfaced around my forehead in small but painful bumps. I didn't start the gel thinking at first thinking it would clear up in a matter of weeks if I made sure to keep very good care of my skin. As the weeks continued passing my acne was still there, in fact it was progressively getting worse. Frankly nothing was working, I eventually caved and ended up using the gel. Hands down best decision I could have ever made for my skin. I, being very lucky never got an "initial breakout/ purge" My skin only started to get better. As soon as 3 days after using it I saw great improvement in my skin, its now been around 1 1/2 months since I started using it and my skin is better than it has been in so long. All bumps on my forehead cleared up, and other pesky pimples on my cheeks and chin. I definitely recommend"

sophieberry January 19, 2019

Veltin (clindamycin / tretinoin) for Acne: "This stuff saved my life. It took a super long time to help my acne and may have actually made it worse, but I had been dealing with cystic acne and redness for a few months so I was desperate. After three months of using Veltin I completely stopped breaking out and now for the past six months I’ve been acne free. Just be very careful- a little goes a long way and if you overuse it your skin will peel like you’re moulting"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 19, 2019

Veltin (clindamycin / tretinoin) for Acne: "This product works amazingly well. I've been using it for just a few weeks. I had strange oily cysts growing from underneath my skin and erupting at the surface. This gel stopped it in about 1-2 days, which allowed my skin to finally heal from that trauma caused by the cysts. It's a powerful medication so common sense is needed when using it. Think of it as an exfoliate on steroids. A normal exfoliate helps you to shed dead skin at a slow rate. THIS gel however will cause massive peeling after about 1 week's use. My dermatologist recommended this regimen: Wash with Cetaphil, pat dry, apply the gel, and follow up with the Cetaphil moisturizer. Only apply the gel at night since exposure to the sun is to be avoided when you have it on. When the peeling becomes too excessive for me, I stop and only apply the gel to the areas that were affected. If I do not, it will literally burn my skin on other areas of the face which looked just fine. So you have to use common sense."

Nick January 11, 2019

For Acne: "I'm 29 yrs old, doctor prescribed me Treclin, which is clyndomycin & tretinoin gel, for my adult acne. My acne was mostly on my chin & jaw area. First few weeks were horrendous, I broke out on my forehead, my temples, my cheeks. I wanted to give up but he told me to use every single night for at least 12 weeks to see a difference. It's been almost 4 months now and I'm still breaking out - not as badly but every week I seem to have one or 2 really sore cystic spots. The scarring from old acne has improved (texture & colour) but what's the point in using an acne prevention gel if it's going to leave new scarring behind. I'm conflicted on what to do next. Nothing seems to be helping fully!"

Gibi (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 11, 2019

For Acne: "I found this gel great, within a few days I saw results, my skin looked a lot calmer and pores looked better. However, it is very drying and makes my skin peel (on my chin) but moisturising often does reduce the amount of peeling and means that my face doesn’t hurt. I moisturise in the morning, midday, and about an hour after I’ve applied the gel, I only get the occasional peeling (but this could also be due to the harsh winter weather drying out my skin). I’ve noticed and my family and friends have said that they have noticed a huge improvement in my skin. It’s also evened our the texture slightly to reduce indentations in my skin caused by acne"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 17, 2018

Veltin (clindamycin / tretinoin) for Acne: "When my daughter started off using Veltin she had very bad acne and it seemed like she was getting an allergic reaction from a retinoid in another product. She used so many products and we were so sure this wasn’t going to work but the dermatologist recommended using Veltin and applying small amounts all over the face before going to bed. After about a week of using Veltin her acne was gone and she had blemishes left and then after about a month her face was clear. It has been 6 months and she’s still using it to prevent future acne and the results are amazing!"

ssvd (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 11, 2018

Veltin (clindamycin / tretinoin) for Acne: "The medication had severely dried up my skin. It is constantly peeling. Everything I do to it burns it so bad I want to cry. I can’t even touch around my under eyes. If helped clear up my acne decently fast. I’m going to keep using, but I hope the side effects go away SOON."

burningskin05 (taken for less than 1 month) December 5, 2018

For Acne: "I was prescribed this and at first it was working well, but after about a week of using this product the area that I was applying the gel got a terrible rash. It took the acne away but looked almost like a burn mark and was quite painful. Would not recommend."

Jake (taken for less than 1 month) November 16, 2018

For Acne: "my dermatologist prescribed this cream for my acne. I see many people say that a week after they had pimples and that's normal! My dermatologist warned me that it was a normal process and I can tell you that it's been 2 months I apply this cream and I have nothing (at the first week it's true that it made me break out but now I have no pimples:) )"

Alex (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 2, 2018

For Acne: "After reading all the reviews I'm very unsure what to do. I was prescribed treclin from my doctors. I've been using the gel for 6 days now and my face has broken out so badly. Did it sting anyone else when putting the gel on? I feel as though my face is getting worst and not better. I don't know whether to go to my doctors or to stick it out and hope for the best...."

Chrystel (taken for less than 1 month) October 11, 2018

For Acne: "I had hormonal acne for the past 15 years that no expensive skin product or ridiculous 10-step-cleansing routine would even touch. I finally decided enough was enough and was prepared to go onto oral antibiotics when I was prescribed this product instead. I was absolutely terrified of the skin "purging" stories I had heard but have now been using this daily for the last 3 months, and have not had one breakout on the area (seriously- not one). Some dryness but I can deal with a little flakiness instead of breakouts!!! (this has gotten better over time just invest in a heavy duty moisturizer) - please do not be discouraged by "purging" stories as I almost was, it will work differently for everyone!"

Jane (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 9, 2018

Veltin (clindamycin / tretinoin) for Acne: "33yo. I just threw this out. Tried it for a week and I have 3 huge volcanoes on my face only where I applied it. I don’t have time to try acne gels that promise to clear up skin after it’s been purged. No thank you."

ChiGal September 26, 2018

Veltin (clindamycin / tretinoin) for Acne: "I am a 29yr old woman who has suffered from acne since I was a teenager. I have been using veltin for about a year now. It has cleared up my acne and scars. I love it and am so happy I found it!"

C (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 19, 2018

Veltin (clindamycin / tretinoin) for Acne: "I used Veltin about a year or two ago, but stopped after about 8 months due to pharmacy switches and such. I remember that even then, this really helped my acne clear up and my skin to look much healthier. I’ve struggled with acne and minor breakouts over the last few years, and it’s most likely due to hormonal reasons since I’m still in my teenage years! I was able to resume using Veltin about a month or two ago, thank goodness! Now, my skin looks so healthy. I’ve also been using Aczone over the past two years, which definitely helps control my breakouts, but when I re-added Veltin, my skin has completely cleared up. I don’t think I’ve seen my skin look this healthy and clear in months!! It will dry out your skin though, but my dermatologist recommended to use a CeraVe moisturizer, which has seriously helped with preventing dryness and flakiness. I love this medication so much though; it really had worked wonders for my skin!"

Mira August 7, 2018

Ziana (clindamycin / tretinoin) for Acne: "I promised if this ever worked for me I would write a review. I’ve read these reviews over and over again to stop myself from giving up. Now on week 10 and my skin is almost perfectly clear. Do NOT GIVE UP. Weeks 3-6 were the worst for me and I thought it would never work. Slowly, but surely, it does work. Fight through the breakouts and don’t worry. Give it its full 3 months before tossing it. You will not regret. Simplify your skin care routine. I only used face wash and moisturizer in the morning with Ziana (biacna in Canada) at night. This has fixed everything and is clearing up my scars. Good luck"

Happy2303 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 23, 2018

For Acne: "I have tiny whiteheads and have tried other acne gels in the past but clindamycin/tretinoin topical had been the best so far. My skin is really clearing up after 2 months of use. It's a great feeling not wearing foundations and concealer and feeling confident."

Happy (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 21, 2018

For Acne: "I had very clear skin until I was 17. I have been suffering from Acne since then in the year 2012. Been on antibiotics, tried benzoyl peroxide none of the prescribed medications worked. I got so depressed, I would avoid family or friends because I did not want them to see the state of my skin. This year I said I need to get my skin clear by all means. Went to the dermatologist and got prescribed this gel! Life saver! Have not had a spot since I have used it and that is 2 months so far. Alongside this gel I went for microneedling at my local beauty spa to get rid of acne scaring they recommend a course of 3 to 5. I am on my third one and all scars have disappeared already. I might say though my acne was very mild and scaring was very little. Hope you find something that works for you :)"

Mariam (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 20, 2018

Veltin (clindamycin / tretinoin) for Acne: "I went to the dermatologist seeking help for young, hormonal acne before it got worse. I tried clendimycin. It worked until my skin began to break out. My dermatologist recommended Veltin. It worked well, however, my skin dried out. It started to peel back, almost like a bad sunburn. I recommend using veltin, as long as you use a moisturizer with it. I am going on an excursion out of the country soon, and I was starting to run out. (Note: it is recommended not to use a benzoyl peroxide with veltin which decreases the effectiveness of the product.) I dismissed this claim and I am using a non-prescription benzoyl peroxide product, at time of spot treating problem zones with veltin. No complications have came yet, however, use with caution as this product WILL dry your skin, and even more irritation will occur if using a more vigorous product at the same time. I recommend this product for moderate acne."

Lizzie June 15, 2018

For Acne: "The best way to describe this product is a total "lifesaver"! Reading these reviews, I've noticed people are too quick to judge this product within the first few weeks because they are not patient enough to wait for results. Topical creams take a few months to work their magic and truly take effect. I did not start to notice results until 4 full months of using this product. I went from terrible hormonal and cystic acne to completely clear skin, similar to the results you see from oral Accutane pills. The only reason I do not give this product a full 10 rating is that it is extremely drying. If you don't moisturize 24/7 your skin can get to the point where it flakes off and you cannot apply any makeup over it. However, with a proper routine, this can be avoided. You also need to beware the sun, it causes you to get severely red or even blister. Truly, the pros outweigh the cons. This product is fantastic and it been the only thing to help my skin!"

Nicole May 15, 2018

Veltin (clindamycin / tretinoin) for Acne: "I have only been using this product for a few days and I haven't seen much improvement but after reading these reviews I wanted to share what my dermatologist recommended. She told me not to follow the directions in the box, rather keep your face damp (wet, but not dripping wet) after washing it and then apply a pea size amount of the product to the entire face. So essentially, you are working the product into your face with the water to help reduce dryness. This is a great tip because I have pretty sensitive skin, and my skin has barely gotten dry in the few days that I have been using this. If you're experiencing extreme dryness or any textural problems, I recommend you try this tip out! Hope that this helps someone out there."

Poopy2023 (taken for less than 1 month) May 1, 2018

Veltin (clindamycin / tretinoin) for Acne: "I have light acne, just many little ones on my forehead and this clears up my skin within a week every time it breaks out again. It seems to dry out the pimples and make your skin quite dry and flakey but if you use a moisturizer after you’ll be fine. Absolutely love this and recommend!!"

Gia (taken for less than 1 month) April 25, 2018

For Acne: "This medication has been great! After struggling with back acne for years (I’m 27 now) and trying multiple topical creams & antibiotics nothing was working. A month into using this medication I’ve seen a significant difference in my acne. No active pimples, and even my scars are getting better. I’m using this in conjunction with birth control & another topical medication (aczone) I’m so happy & cannot wait to see the results after 3 months of use."

Anonymous March 22, 2018

Veltin (clindamycin / tretinoin) for Acne: "Absolutely horrible. After using for only two days my skin feels like it is on fire constantly. It literally feels like my skin is burning off of my face. This was after only two small applications to my face."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 11, 2018

For Acne: "Worked well, very little peeling"

Michell (taken for less than 1 month) March 4, 2018