User Reviews for Biaxin to treat Upper Respiratory Tract Infection

Biaxin has an average rating of 6.8 out of 10 from a total of 8 ratings for the treatment of Upper Respiratory Tract Infection. 63% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 25% reported a negative effect.

Biaxin Rating Summary

6.8/10 average rating

Compare all 597 medications used in the treatment of Upper Respiratory Tract Infection.

Anonymous December 29, 2009

“I cannot tell you how worried I was about the side effects of this drug after I read the reviews and listened to what some of my friends said. I ended up not having any. I was prescribed Augmentin first for my upper resp infection/ear infection and it didn't work at all. I took some advice from a nurse where I work about how to take the Biaxin. I ate my meal first, then ate about 3 small pieces of dark chocolate and took the pill after that. Let me tell you the dark chocolate is a miracle worker. One time I ate chocolate after I took the pill and I got the nasty metal taste. It is TERRIBLE and you can't get rid of it for hours. So, remember...DARK chocolate BEFORE the pill.”

Anonymous July 13, 2010

“Worked great for infection but side effects were becoming disturbing after three days - bad taste always, couldn't sleep, too much energy - couldn't sit still, strange mental clarity and deliberate movements, frequent urination. After 3 days I didn't feel sick anymore but the side effects were too much.”

Mitza · Taken for less than 1 month March 5, 2018

“The best antibiotic ever! Saved my life! Been sick with fever on & off , night sweating, nightmares, sore throat, headaches, green phlegm, etc for 3 months until I got Biaxin Bid 2x 500mg/ day. It saved my life! After 1st pill I was like new! I m on my 4th day I sleep soo good at night..like a baby..no symptoms at all..I feel like new! Thank you whoever invented these antibiotics! ❤️”

backdown September 10, 2016

“Every side effect listed was experienced by me to the point that I could not sleep. The horrid taste in my mouth, joint pain, backache, nausea, severe headache and urinary hesitation. Avoid this medication.”

Sadiemolly February 19, 2018

“I have been sick with bronchitis for 2 months and previously have taken Amoxicillin & Levaqua. Both of those medications did not work. Within 3 days of being on Biaxin my infection has started to clear up”

enicholson November 20, 2013

“Only been on for 3 days, still coughing a bit but feel much better overall. Pharmacist told me to eat yogurt or take probiotics so maybe that's why Im not experiencing any side effects at all.”

Anonymous August 25, 2011

“Caused my saliva to taste bitter (not fun) and caused stomach cramps and diarrhea. But I can breathe now.”