User Reviews for Alvesco to treat Asthma

Alvesco has an average rating of 6.9 out of 10 from a total of 8 ratings for the treatment of Asthma. 50% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 25% reported a negative effect.

Alvesco Rating Summary

6.9/10 average rating

Compare all 167 medications used in the treatment of Asthma.

Elise · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 17, 2019

“After using Seretide for approx 20 years and gradually getting more severe symptoms, I have to say Alvesco has been amazing. I haven't had an attack since I commenced using it approx 6 months ago, and I haven't had a chest infection either. I have mild bronchiectasis and was taking antibiotics for an infection once per month. I haven't needed the meds either. Cannot rate this highly enough! 1 puffer seems to last 4 months so I think the extra cost is worth it.”

Ms J · Taken for less than 1 month November 4, 2019

“I am a 77 yr old female and I personally wouldn't use this medication inhaler. It has a corticosteroid in it and over time my fear is it may contribute to bone fractures. Over time the corticosteroid puts holes in bones thus weakening the bones and increasing potential fractures.”

the_chemist June 25, 2011

“The best asthma medicine I have ever used (and I've used literally every one available). The side effects (slight light-headedness, mouth irritation) just went away within the first few days, apart from some sore muscles in the chest. All the dizziness, general muscle pain and slight fever I had on Pulmicort simply vanished, which is very nice. Moreover, my cough and mucus production has clearly gone down compared to Pulmicort.”

Decomm18 August 26, 2015

“This is the best preventer I've taken in thirty years of suffering from asthma - I've had no attacks at all since starting it three months ago, and minimal side-effects. Hoarseness was always a huge problem for me with other inhaled steroids, so much so that I frequently stopped taking them, and instead relied on relievers to treat my allergic and exercise-induced asthma, until my attacks became so frequent that I had no choice but to go back onto steroid inhalers. However, Alvesco produces only minimal hoarseness, and despite being expensive (apparently. Living in Scotland, I get free prescriptions :-)) I'd recommend strongly to other sufferers who've had problems with steroid-induced hoarseness”

cclifford01 January 28, 2010

“I say thank you 2 the company of Alvesco inhaler. Since using this my asthma attacks have become less frequent from getting admitted to hospital once a month, now only going in once every 5 months. My asthma is very chronic so I recommend Alvesco. THANK YOU. ”

wolflew May 29, 2010

“Did NOT work for me. Used it for 30 days. I was hoarse the whole time, and during the 25-30th day had developed thrush (which I got rid of by using salt water gargles). I've had asthma reaction to the historic pollen levels in Atlanta (2010) all through the pollen season (March through to the end of May).”

BJM · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 26, 2021

“Works well for asthma but sore throat is really aggravating. And it’s not refillable so every month, I have to purchase a plastic inhaler that goes straight to landfill. Where is the maker’s sense of environmental responsibility?”

Melalucci · Taken for 2 to 5 years November 6, 2016

“Works well but can't afford it.”