User Reviews for Ciclesonide nasal to treat Allergic Rhinitis

Also known as: Omnaris, Zetonna

Ciclesonide nasal has an average rating of 6.5 out of 10 from a total of 15 ratings for the treatment of Allergic Rhinitis. 47% of those users who reviewed Ciclesonide nasal reported a positive effect, while 27% reported a negative effect.

Ciclesonide nasal Rating Summary

6.5/10 Average Rating

Compare all 279 medications used in the treatment of Allergic Rhinitis.

Reviews for Ciclesonide nasal

RandiC · Taken for less than 1 month January 16, 2021

Omnaris (ciclesonide): “I was suffering from massive headaches, which ended up being Chronic Sinusitis. I began the nasal spray and antibiotics. I’ve been on this for less than 10 days. The spray’s side effect causes missed period. I stopped taking it, although it did help.”

Lilli M December 5, 2020

“Most people won’t think to write a good review of things . I’m here to say that this spray “ Omnaris” has been a game changer for me . It was developed in Germany . Someone in here wrote that most nasal corticosteroid sprays have an ingredient he is allergic to . That may be my case This is the ONLY corticosteroid nasal spray that has ever worked for me . It really stops the runny nose and seems to help with inflammation . I can really tell the difference because I ran out of it last week . I’ve been taking over the counter beconase and it does nothing . This Omnaris generic is a life saver . I have very severe allergies , this and the astelin antihistamine spray ... keep the snots away . Those who have “ side effects “ - those are also conditions just by having sinus infections or severe allergies . I need to phone my doctor tomorrow . Omnaris is very expensive .. maybe this generic version is affordable , yay”

Kayla O April 16, 2020

Omnaris (ciclesonide): “I was prescribed this due to my wet ears/stuffy nose for YEARS on end. Constant sinus headaches. I started getting severe panic attacks to the point I felt like i got ran over by a truck. My heart would beat 166bpm while sitting down for an entire hour straight. I could hear lights, sounds were extremely loud and was afraid of everything. I thought it was caused by me smoking weed. In the end I found out it was the nasal spray because recently I stopped taking it and my panic attacks/anxiety went AWAY.”

Grrrrr · Taken for less than 1 month July 19, 2019

Omnaris (ciclesonide): “Didn’t work for my nasal congestion/ runny nose. My family doctor prescribed this and told me to go home and my nasal congestion would go away. It didn’t! Now after a trip to ER I have inhaler and antibiotics. I’m not sure what it’s supposed to do but it didn’t help at all after 3 weeks I gave up.”

Mary · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 25, 2019

Omnaris (ciclesonide): “No nasal spray really worked but all the others made my sinuses WORSE. Luckily a sharp ENT figured out I am allergic to benzalkonium chloride, the preservative all the others use. I have noticed this is true when I encounter it in cosmetics and other topicals, it makes whatever part of me it touches inflamed and painful, and I have to be minimize getting injections, which aren't required to disclose their ingredients. This may be why this works for some folks when no other sprays do. Now I need a nasal spray for sinus surgery, and I am stuck. I will probably have to pay $300 for one dose of this. It really sucks that insurance won't cover it when I am allergic to all of the alternatives!”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 2 years October 1, 2018

Omnaris (ciclesonide): “After a lifetime of a running and stuffy nose this was a game changer - sleep better and feel less tired”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month March 31, 2018

Omnaris (ciclesonide): “Don't know what this spray is supposed to do. I have pressure below my ears and haven't notice a change at all. It is driving me nuts and I have it this pressure for over a month now.”

purpletunic October 17, 2017

Omnaris (ciclesonide): “I had a very nasty sinus infection and now have a pretty bad cold with Post Nasal Drip/Nasal Congestion . Using this daily as prescribed from my doctor has cut down on the nasal congestion, and the sore throat I'd had continuously because of the post nasal drip. Can't speak to it's effectiveness for allergies, but for cold/infection based congestion it's allowed me to sleep through the night.”

AzizDG · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 14, 2017

Omnaris (ciclesonide): “Really amazing spray! It is life changing medication.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 3, 2017

Omnaris (ciclesonide): “Honestly a godsend for my cat allergy. No bitter taste, minor to no side effects at all. I can breathe with this stuff. Long term user.”

Stuffy32 · Taken for less than 1 month May 2, 2017

Omnaris (ciclesonide): “I do not doubt the effectiveness of this drug, it works as advertised. The issue that I have with it that it causes irritability, add anxiety and increased sense of depression.”

Anonymous January 19, 2017

Omnaris (ciclesonide): “I was really enjoying the relief I was getting for about 4 weeks with this drug. Unfortunately I started to get nose bleeds and burning along with stuffiness daily. I held off going to the doctor as these are some side effects of the drug but they should not last more then 3 days and after a month of being on it I felt that this should not be happening. I do feel this drug has 2 benefits than other nose sprays I did not have headaches or dripping with this one.”

Anonymous April 22, 2011

Omnaris (ciclesonide): “After taking this medication for approximately three weeks, I began to have daily migraines (usually I get them only once per months). I had migraines for 10 straight days before I went to my chiropracter and discussed what could be causing them. He suggested I stop the Omnaris for three or four days and see if it helped. Within 48 hours, my migraines ceased completely. Although I liked the fact that my nose didn't bleed with Omnaris (unlike all the other nasal sprays I have been on), the migraines were a worse side effect than the chronic sinus congestion.”

Alllergy Sufferer July 22, 2009

Omnaris (ciclesonide): “I have been suffering from allergies since the beginning of time. I am very sensitive. I take allergy medicines, allergy eye drops, get 2 shots 2 times a week. The one thing I hate is that nasal drip. Nothing worked for me. I have tried every nose spray from steroids to non-steroids and the co-pay was expensive. The main issue was dripping back to my throat, the need to blow my nose a lot after use and that nasty bitter taste I get from all of them. I saw Omnaris commercial late one night and I searched reviews. I was hesitant, but people said it doesn't drip to the back and there was no taste. I got a sample of this from my allergist. AMAZING. NO DRIP, AND BEST OF ALL NO TASTE! It is the best so far. I will continue using it.”

Anonymous August 11, 2008

Omnaris (ciclesonide): “I was on a dose of 20 mg of prednisone daily and have been able to stop taking any oral steroids since I started Omnaris. I have had no side effects. It is wonderful. It helps my runny and stuffy nose symptoms. ”

Learn more about Allergic Rhinitis