User Reviews for Chlorhexidine topical to treat Periodontitis

Also known as: Peridex, Hibiclens, Tegaderm CHG Dressing, Hibistat, ChloraPrep One-Step, Bactoshield, Paroex, Periogard, Chlorostat, PerioChip, Betasept, Biopatch, Scrub Care Exidine, Calgon Vesta, Chlorostat 4, Dyna-Hex, Hibistat Towelette, Spectrum-4, Acclean, Sky Oral Rinse, Denti-Rinse, Exidine Scrub Care …show all brand names

Chlorhexidine topical has an average rating of 5.6 out of 10 from a total of 9 ratings for the treatment of Periodontitis. 44% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 44% reported a negative effect.

Chlorhexidine topical Rating Summary

5.6/10 average rating

Compare all 22 medications used in the treatment of Periodontitis.

Reviews for Chlorhexidine topical

B March 26, 2018

“Had my teeth and gums deep cleaned for $1000. Afterwards, I was told to use this oral rinse. My tongue turned brown and then my teeth started turning brown and were stained brown. Asked the dentist about the brown and she had no idea why. I would not ever use this again.”

Good Gosh June 25, 2017

Peridex (chlorhexidine): “Chlorhexidine gluconate 0.12% oral rinse should also be dispensed in half pint bottles as a pint bottle is way too much for patients to use after many dental surgeries. After having dental surgery above an implant of tooth #30 due to an infection & deep pockets, I was instructed to apply 1/2 once twice a day for two weeks to the surgical site with dental sponges provided by my dentist. Following the directions I used 14 ounces out of 32 ounces leaving 28 ounces that I cannot use. Dispensing more than a half pint was: ~ wasteful, ~ costs twice as what is needed, ~ & using or disposing of what is left Is harmful to myself & our environment Dispensing 2x of what is needed is irresponsible & adds to our countries ever rising medical costs”

Kim · Taken for less than 1 month August 31, 2018

“I have spent $20000 restoring my teeth over the last 10 years. I recently had gum graft surgery and this product has stained all my teeth and all my veneers brown. I am so angry. I can’t believe this product is on the market and that dentists are even using it.”

Stac1 June 1, 2014

“I tried the oral rinse chlorhexidine because I was going in for a first appointment with my (now) periodontist. I wanted to look healthy, and not have as many problems with aging, since I'm getting up to retirement age. The rinse made me feel like I was doing something good for myself. I didn't see any results at first but after several treatments my gums and tongue turned pinker and a cracked tooth that was causing pain fell out on its own.”

Julie7402 · Taken for less than 1 month July 19, 2016

“I had a tooth pulled that broke down and abcessed and needed to be pulled. My gum around it after extraction and antibiotics was still bothering me week and a half later all the way down to my neck. I decided to use this mouth rince twice a day. My neck doesn't hurt anymore or the gum around the extraction site. I truly am surprised how much better I feel and highly recommend this product.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month November 18, 2017

“Skin rash!!!! Omg! Apparently I'm one of the rare people that is allergic and I couldn't figure out why my face felt as though I've been standing in front of a 500 degree oven!!! Plus the tarter build up on my teeth! I just paid $300.00 cash to have my teeth deep cleaned and now I have all this extra tarter build-up. Wow I am not a happy camper this stuff sucks”

Peaches · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 28, 2018

“I had wisdom teeth removed. I started rinsing about 12 hours later and it's day 3. My gums are healing fast. Also I have braces so it's soothing. I didn't like the after taste but to have healthy teeth, gums and bones. I'll stick with it. I can always pop a tic tac in or chew dental chewing gum.”

Robert Frayer · Taken for less than 1 month August 12, 2013

“Im staring to notice that the extraction areas of my mouth are less inflamed and finally shrinking. Anyone who knows me extremely well knows I had extremely impacted and crooked teeth. Because of this there was no skin or bone between each individual tooth, making it a rough spot to heal. I finally got back in touch with the dentist last week and he put me on a prescription mouth rince that contains Chlorhexidine in it (Nasty stuff) but it seems to be doing the trick. Wile there is still bone exposed the bone is no longer grey and much of it has been covered over by scar tissue. I count my blessing that they did my uppers in 2 settings letting the first batch heal before extracting the second batch or I would have been layed open so much worse. There is some slight bone loss but the Dentist says its nothing they cant work with and nothing that will need any bone graphting (Thank the Lord)”

Lp · Taken for less than 1 month March 12, 2020

“Unfortunately I am having the worst side effects with this rinse. Trouble breathing is the big one. Needless to say, I will not be continuing with this product ”

Ava November 2, 2018

“After using it only twice I've been unable to taste anything for the last 10 hours! Plus my tongue feels like its been sandpapered. Not worth it.”

Learn more about Periodontitis