User Reviews for Chlorhexidine topical

Also known as: Peridex, Hibiclens, Periogard, Paroex, ChloraPrep One-Step, Tegaderm CHG Dressing, Biopatch, Bactoshield, Scrub Care Exidine, Calgon Vesta, Chlorostat, Chlorostat 4, Dyna-Hex, Hibistat, Hibistat Towelette, Spectrum-4, PerioChip, Acclean, Betasept, Denti-Rinse, Exidine, Scrub Care …show all brand names

Gingivitis

3.6

Summary of Chlorhexidine reviews 6.0 40 reviews

Reviews for Chlorhexidine

Ophelia · Taken for less than 1 month July 11, 2019

Periogard (chlorhexidine) for Gingivitis: "Unfortunately after three uses I realized I wasn’t tasting my dinner. I am not willing to give up my sense of taste and will seek an alternative solution."

Floss · Taken for less than 1 month June 25, 2019

For Mucositis: "All these mouthwashes give me painful mouth ulcers"

fossiljen · Taken for less than 1 month June 18, 2019

For Skin Disinfection, Preoperative: "First off, was given the wrong instructions on using it, was told to use it instead of warm salt water, so for 4 days I swished it 4 to 6 times a day. My tongue had a thick, pink granular coating that even a brush wouldn't remove and yesterday, I woke up to find that half of my lower lip has become an oozing blister/ulcer. Lip is twice it's normal size and makes drinking VERY messy and since the surgeon turned the entire inside of my mouth into raw hamburger, I'm still on liquid only diet. Never again."

Fitnschic June 10, 2019

For Skin Disinfection, Preoperative: "I used the Chlorhexidine wipes head to toe in preparation for a surgery. My skin was on fire. It caused the worst itching and burning I’ve ever felt in my life. I have a rash and feels like I have poison ivy all over my body. I will not be letting the hospital staff put this on me before surgery. There must be an alternative."

SilverB33 · Taken for less than 1 month January 22, 2019

For Gingivitis: "My experience hasn't been so hot with this. Although it works as intended unfortunately I have a reaction to it, causing my mouth to get irritated and white spots to appear at the back. I'll most likely just shy away from this and stick the usual mouth washes that won't cause this."

Jck · Taken for less than 1 month December 29, 2018

ChloraPrep One-Step (chlorhexidine) for Skin Disinfection, Preoperative: "After awakening from my surgery my mouth was so dry I could hardly speak. Water gave little relive. My mouth was dry, scratched with raw places with an awful coating that won't go away. I week after surgery it isn't much better. The surgery is painful enough. Why put patients through this added discomfort. I will refuse the use of this product next time. If the condition is permanent I will find legal counsel."

TMC · Taken for less than 1 month December 8, 2018

For Gingivitis: "My dentist prescribed this oral rinse after I had to see him after my first seizure. I guess I was biting down so hard I actually had blood around my mouth. I used this product as I was told. Nothing great happened. I was on it for 2 weeks. About 5 months later I was brushing my teeth and glanced in the mirror. My teeth now were brown/black. No more pearly whites. Went back to dentist and he said it was from the oral rinse. I told him "I could just slap you'. So now I have to see the dental hygienist for extensive teeth cleaning. Also purchased a whitening pen, use of an electric toothbrush works wonders. It helps a great deal."

wilmetta · Taken for less than 1 month November 12, 2018

For Gingivitis: "It has taken less than a week since brushing my teeth with it 3 times a day as prescribed by the dentist. In that time the major bleeding in my mouth that resulted in spitting red blood has become a barely visible pink. This is as a result of Canadian dentists blaming the victim and not taking you seriously. I had to go to Mexico to a military trained dentist to get a diagnosis and treatment."

MissGale · Taken for less than 1 month November 8, 2018

Peridex (chlorhexidine) for Gingivitis: "All my teeth has to be pulled or surgically removed I did 6 teeth few weeks ago and 8 removed few days ago this rinse has been the best thing for my swollen gums, breath & and irritation. I recommend it 100%"

Ava November 2, 2018

For Periodontitis: "After using it only twice I've been unable to taste anything for the last 10 hours! Plus my tongue feels like its been sandpapered. Not worth it."

wlp325 · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 2, 2018

For Gingivitis: "I've had ever-deepening gum pockets for several years. My gums would hurt (rarely bleeding) when I flossed and used a waterpik. Nothing stopped the gum recession -- not professional cleaning every 3 months, not brushing/flossing 3 times daily -- nothing. My dentist and periodontist both recommended using Periogard, so I gave it a try. In about 2 weeks all gum pain completely stopped. I can now use a waterpik (on high), aim the water stream with impunity right into any of the deep gum pockets, and for the first time in years zero pain results. So far, no tooth staining and no change in how food tastes has occurred. My gums feel the best they've been in years. I wish I'd started using this medication at least a decade ago (assuming it existed)."

Kim · Taken for less than 1 month August 31, 2018

For Periodontitis: "I have spent $20000 restoring my teeth over the last 10 years. I recently had gum graft surgery and this product has stained all my teeth and all my veneers brown. I am so angry. I can’t believe this product is on the market and that dentists are even using it."

Peaches · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 28, 2018

For Periodontitis: "I had wisdom teeth removed. I started rinsing about 12 hours later and it's day 3. My gums are healing fast. Also I have braces so it's soothing. I didn't like the after taste but to have healthy teeth, gums and bones. I'll stick with it. I can always pop a tic tac in or chew dental chewing gum."

B March 26, 2018

For Periodontitis: "Had my teeth and gums deep cleaned for $1000. Afterwards, I was told to use this oral rinse. My tongue turned brown and then my teeth started turning brown and were stained brown. Asked the dentist about the brown and she had no idea why. I would not ever use this again."

B Lee · Taken for less than 1 month March 15, 2018

For Skin Disinfection, Preoperative: "I was donating blood at a drive where I work, They swabbed my arm and the draw was a success. Was really light headed but went on with my work day. 24 hours later, specifically where they cleansed, I had a burning, itching, welted rash. Tried Benadryl, Cortizone cream, and ended up at urgent care. Dr. wanted to start me on steroids but then prescribed a topical cream- triamcinolone acetonide cream . In a few days it stopped itching and the burn subsided, but my skin was really dry. I stopped applying the cream and started using vitamin E oil."

grininbearit · Taken for less than 1 month January 25, 2018

For Gingivitis: "My dentist just prescribed me Peridex for gingivitis - 2x / daily for 2 weeks. I noticed a positive difference in my gums just after a couple of uses. Slight inflammation decreased and my gums became pinker and tighter. There is a negative side effect for me though: I constantly have a strong bitter taste on the back of my tongue which decreases or alters the taste of most foods. It's awful, so I'm looking forward to the end of the 2 week regimen. I just hope I don't get any staining on my teeth that some people complain about (but it is able to be cleaned off)"

Hives over all parts of body · Taken for less than 1 month January 5, 2018

Bactoshield (chlorhexidine) for Skin Disinfection, Preoperative: "Severe hives over all part of body treated, lasting three weeks after application with only one application."

DETRIMENTAL TO YOUR TEETH · Taken for less than 1 month December 23, 2017

Acclean (chlorhexidine) for Gingivitis: "After hygienist cleaned all four quadrants he stated that I must use a mouthwash RX grade called Acclean for 2 weeks after brushing my teeth to rinse and then spit out. I did as he requested and it stained my teeth brownish very badly especially the bottom half of the tooth closer to the gums. Tried everything to clean them to no avail. Went back to the hygienist he did a cleaning but stains still remain in the back teeth especially and some of the teeth have spotting. The top portion of each tooth seems to have turned slightly transparent as compared to the bottom half of the tooth which is darker and not transparent. NOT A HAPPY CAMPER!!!"

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month November 18, 2017

For Periodontitis: "Skin rash!!!! Omg! Apparently I'm one of the rare people that is allergic and I couldn't figure out why my face felt as though I've been standing in front of a 500 degree oven!!! Plus the tarter build up on my teeth! I just paid $300.00 cash to have my teeth deep cleaned and now I have all this extra tarter build-up. Wow I am not a happy camper this stuff sucks"

Good Gosh June 25, 2017

Peridex (chlorhexidine) for Periodontitis: "Chlorhexidine gluconate 0.12% oral rinse should also be dispensed in half pint bottles as a pint bottle is way too much for patients to use after many dental surgeries. After having dental surgery above an implant of tooth #30 due to an infection & deep pockets, I was instructed to apply 1/2 once twice a day for two weeks to the surgical site with dental sponges provided by my dentist. Following the directions I used 14 ounces out of 32 ounces leaving 28 ounces that I cannot use. Dispensing more than a half pint was: ~ wasteful, ~ costs twice as what is needed, ~ & using or disposing of what is left Is harmful to myself & our environment Dispensing 2x of what is needed is irresponsible & adds to our countries ever rising medical costs"

FrankS4 April 8, 2017

For Gingivitis: "I used the after getting grafts on my front lower gums from the roof of my mouth."

Lay123la · Taken for less than 1 month August 20, 2016

For Gingivitis: "Dentist lasered my gum line to get impressions for a bridge I do not know why the dentist thought lazering my gum would make a better impression but I was left with raw irritated and inflamed gums. This product gave me instant relief."

Julie7402 · Taken for less than 1 month July 19, 2016

For Periodontitis: "I had a tooth pulled that broke down and abcessed and needed to be pulled. My gum around it after extraction and antibiotics was still bothering me week and a half later all the way down to my neck. I decided to use this mouth rince twice a day. My neck doesn't hurt anymore or the gum around the extraction site. I truly am surprised how much better I feel and highly recommend this product."

harshalvani · Taken for less than 1 month May 5, 2016

For Gingivitis: "from last few months I have suffered from serious mouth problems like, problem in tongue raising, problem in right corner of tongue ,throat problem, gum and teeth problem, white and red patches in mouth, thick white film on tongue, sore throat, hard to chew and swallow, jaw locked etc.. Today, my friend give me this chlorhexadine (sorry for my poor English)__in only one time use it gives me magical relief, before it, I used several medicines like Colgate plex, betadine gargle, coconut oil etc. but,after 5 minutes of use,my white film on tongue starts melting, now I raise my tongue 50% more (feeling happy) Thank You.."

msworldnv · Taken for less than 1 month August 29, 2015

For Skin Disinfection, Preoperative: "I have been suffering from Chronic Skin infections body wide. eczema like rash on arms, Yeast/Heat type rashes in skin folds. All resistant to normal and even aggressive treatment. Using Hibiclens on the areas as directed daily has lead to the rapid clearing and healing of all skin infections. It worked better than even Anhydrous pure lanolin. Using hibiclens has drastically improved my quality of life."