Chloraprep One-Step Prescribing Information
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Nov 16, 2023.
Indications and Usage for Chloraprep One-Step
for the preparation of the patient's skin prior to surgery. Helps to reduce bacteria that potentially can cause skin infection.
For external use only.
Flammable, keep away from fire or flame.
- do not use with electrocautery procedures
This product may cause a severe allergic reaction. Symptoms may include:
- wheezing/difficulty breathing
- facial swelling
If an allergic reaction occurrs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
Do not use
- on patients allergic to chlorhexidine gluconate or any other ingredient in this product
- for lumbar puncture or in contact with the meninges
- on open skin wounds or as a general skin cleanser
When using this product
keep out of eyes, ears, and mouth. May cause serious or permanent injury if permitted to enter and remain. If contact occurs, rinse with cold water right away and contact a doctor.
Stop use and ask a doctor if
irritation, sensitization, or allergic reaction occurs. These may be signs of a serious condition.
Chloraprep One-Step Dosage and Administration
- use with care in premature infants and infants under 2 months of age. These products may cause irritation or chemical burns.
- maximal treatment area for one applicator is approximately 2.5 in. x 2.5 in. (42 cm 2)
- remove applicator from package; do not touch sponge
- hold the applicator horizontally with the sponge down. Pinch wings only once to activate the ampule and release the antiseptic.
- wet the sponge by pressing and releasing the sponge against the treatment area until liquid is visible on the skin
- completely wet the treatment area with antiseptic
- dry surgical sites (e.g., abdomen or arm): use gentle repeated back-and-forth strokes for 30 seconds. Allow the area to air dry for approximately 30 seconds.
- moist surgical sites (e.g., inguinal fold): use gentle repeated back-and-forth strokes for 2 minutes. Allow the area to air dry for approximately 1 minute.
- Do not blot or wipe away.
- discard the applicator after a single use along with any portion of the solution not required to cover the prep area. It is not necessary to use the entire amount available.
Storage and Handling
- store between 15-30 °C (59-86 °F)
- avoid freezing and excessive heat above 40 °C (104 °F)
Package/Label Principal Display Panel
PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL-CARTON
Do Not Reuse
Not made with natural rubber latex
0.05 fl. oz. (1.5ml) each
ChloraPrep ® One-Step
2% w/v chlorhexidine gluconate (CHG)
and 70% v/v isopropyl alcohol (IPA)
Patient Preoperative Skin Preparation
Applicator is sterile if package is intact
Professional Use Only
Store between 15-30 °C (59-86 °F)
Avoid freezing and excessive heat above 40 °C (104 °F)
chlorhexidine gluconate and isopropyl alcohol solution
|Labeler - CareFusion 213 LLC (826496312)|
|Registrant - Becton, Dickinson and Company (832696038)|
|CareFusion 213 LLC||826496312||analysis(54365-400) , manufacture(54365-400) , label(54365-400) , pack(54365-400) , sterilize(54365-400)|
More about ChloraPrep One-Step (chlorhexidine topical)
- Check interactions
- Compare alternatives
- Reviews (1)
- Latest FDA alerts (3)
- Side effects
- Dosage information
- During pregnancy
- Drug class: antiseptic and germicides
- En español