Chloraprep One-Step Dosage
Generic name: CHLORHEXIDINE GLUCONATE 20mg in 1mL, ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL 0.70mL in 1mL
Dosage form: solution
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on May 3, 2019.
- to reduce the risk of fire the following strategies are recommended:
- use in a well ventilated area
- avoid getting solution into hairy areas. Wet hair is flammable. Hair may take up to 1 hour to dry.
- do not allow solution to pool
- tuck prep towels to absorb solution, and then remove
- remove wet material from prep area
- maximal treatment area for one applicator is approximately 2.5 in. x 2.5 in. (42 cm2). Discard the applicator after a single use.
- pinch the wings on the applicator to break the ampule and release the antiseptic. Do not touch sponge. Wet the sponge by repeatedly pressing and releasing the sponge against the treatment area until liquid is visible on the skin.
- dry surgical sites (such as abdomen or arm): Use repeated back-and-forth strokes of the applicator for approximately 30 seconds. Completely wet the treatment area with antiseptic. Allow the area to air dry for approximately 30 seconds. Do not blot or wipe away.
- moist surgical sites (such as the inguinal fold): Use repeated back-and-forth strokes of the applicator for approximately 2 minutes. Completely wet the treatment area with antiseptic. Allow the area to air dry for approximately one (1) minute. Do not blot or wipe away.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
More about ChloraPrep One-Step (chlorhexidine topical)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- En Español
- 1 Review
- Drug class: antiseptic and germicides
- FDA Alerts (2)