User Reviews for Somnote to treat Insomnia

Somnote has an average rating of 9.1 out of 10 from a total of 9 ratings for the treatment of Insomnia. 89% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 0% reported a negative effect.

Somnote Rating Summary

9.1/10 average rating

Compare all 81 medications used in the treatment of Insomnia.

L J January 30, 2013

“I am the primary caregiver for my son who has a brain injury. He has severe insomnia and chloral hydrate syrup and more recently chloral hydrate gelcaps (Somnote) have been a blessing! It has been safe and effective for him for many years. I hope and pray the powers that be will reconsider the decision to discontinue manufacturing this medicine. It is our salvation for sleep not only for my son but for the rest of our household.”

Jane Doe544223455444 January 18, 2013

“Helped with my insomnia 100% until they pulled it off the market. Many thanks to the manufacturer! I had used this medicine for such a long time. I never could sleep before taking this and I still now watch the time go by. ”

KW195912311 January 6, 2013

“This is the only medication that has worked for me. It is dependable (6Y) for the long term. The FDA had no GOOD reason to "discontinue" this 140 year old safe, effective medication. I have not had a good moment of sleep for the last six+ weeks.”

Anonymous September 2, 2010

“I am an addict and suffer from anxiety and insomnia. This was the only medicine that is not a benzodiazapine that has worked for me. It allows me to fall asleep - not pass out and wake up feeling rejuvenated. I highly recommend it.”

Debbid44 November 15, 2012

“Good sleep with minimal side effects. It has been many, many years since I have slept this good. Insurance does not want to pay because there are newer, better medications out there. Not so, for me.”

TayBur2 June 24, 2008

“Works great at 1000mg. No hangover, solid sleep.”

Jazzy010101 ยท Taken for 6 months to 1 year November 30, 2012

“Helped me get to sleep & stay asleep till they pulled it off the market.”

galalleni December 15, 2008

“Did not work for me - no sedation or drowsiness. No side effects experienced. Dosage 1000mg, Male, Weight 190 lbs (86 kg).”

TheBoorMan September 19, 2011

“I certainly appreciate the drug interactions listed here. That is something lacking from the other sites I've visited for my needs.”

Learn more about Insomnia