User Reviews for Cefazolin

Also known as: Ancef, Kefzol

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Cefazolin.

Bacterial Endocarditis Prevention

1 review 56 medications

Reviews for Cefazolin

For Bacterial Endocarditis Prevention: "On Wednesday, June 28 I had a surgical procedure where "CEFAZOLIN" was administered via IV. My reaction was "curse, swear, curse LOUDER" as it felt like FIRE coursing through my veins!" I also didn't know that taking the prescription for "CEPHALEXIN/750mg 2x/day" for a 5 day course would result in a HORRIBLE RASH -left arm/right arm/all across my upper back... I DIDN'T THINK this would happen, since I had been on [Cephalexin; similar drug @ a lower dose] it a few years ago. I believe it "could have been the IV ADMINISTRATION" of the [related] CEFAZOLIN. I am EXTREMELY UNCOMFORTABLE dealing with this "ALLERGIC RASH REACTION" that came on within 24 hrs of finishing the course, (Not Uncommon.) That's my review. EVERYTHING isn't FOR EVERYONE"

Anonymous July 7, 2017