User Reviews for BuSpar

Panic Disorder 32 reviews 19 medications

5.9
Summary of BuSpar reviews 307 reviews 6.6

Reviews for BuSpar

For Anxiety "I am always hungry since starting Buspar and getting fat! But it does help with anxiety. Doctor denies it can cause weight gain. How can I stop gaining weight and lose??"

Leanna114 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 26, 2016

For Anxiety "I have severe panic disorder for years now. I've been taken off ativan and put on buspar, 15mg 3 times a day. I feel amazing. no full blown panic attacks in weeks, thats a true miracle for me. my appetite is low, and I'm losing much needed weight. I'm also on neurontin for anxiety, lexapro for anxiety and depression. I have to say, this is the best I've felt in over 10 years. this buspar works for me, amazing drug."

mamaturtles (taken for less than 1 month) November 26, 2016

For Anxiety "I tried buspar in addition to 200mg of zoloft. it was meant to enhance the zoloft. Unfortunately , it didn't work for me. I was on it for about 5 months, and during that time i kept having on and off discomfort , like my heart was beating harder,my stomach was always really bloated, my body heat would rise and I'd have a hard time cooling down. The symptoms were so mild I didn't really pay much attention to it, but after a while i got tired of the negative side effects and decided to call it quits. Almost immediately after i stopped taking the medication, all of those negative symptoms went away so I definitely know it was the buspar. if anyone has similar side effects, just stop the medication after two weeks max, its not worth it."

sudoku November 24, 2016

For Anxiety "I was just wondering what does everyone started out at, and if and when they knew to increase. I am currently at 5mg 2x day, I originally started out just taking 5mgs once a day at night, and then just recently increased to 5mgs 2xs a day. I know that is has helped, but i am still waking up anxious, and having some breakthrough anxiety in the day. I was wondering how others increased their does, and how they knew when they were at the right does for them."

AnxietySucks15 November 17, 2016

For Anxiety "I can say, Buspar (Buspirone) has helped me. I am also on 40 mg Citalopram once day and 5 mg Buspar twice daily. I have experienced way less anxiety, able to enjoy life better."

Mrs. L November 14, 2016

For Anxiety "Buspar (or buspirone hydrochloride) works very well for me. I have severe social anxiety and i never could talk to people. It's still weird sometimes talking to people but i don't feel as nervous while I'm talking or when people i don't know start a conversation with me. I was taking xanax before but that wasn't working. Buspar works much better and is much safer in my opinion. I take 60 mgs a day, 15 mgs in the morning, 15mgs in the afternoon and 30mgs in the evening. It's very effective."

Boscovitch November 13, 2016

For Anxiety "Just a little back story for you I am on low-dose Suboxone for opiate addiction that I had throughout most of my twenties (I'm 30 years old now ; I also have anxiety) . For the past 6 months my .50 milligrams of Suboxone has helped me be clean and sober without any Cravings whatsoever !! On day 4 of taking Buspar, I started drug seeking Behavior . Literally was a wreck. I was told that this would not have any interactions , that was clearly not the case with me . Please use with caution if you're an addict. It was literally a nightmare =("

Mikey855 (taken for less than 1 month) October 24, 2016

For Anxiety "Before starting buspirone I read some awful reviews on it which made me not want to take it. I am now glad that I did start taking it as I've had zero side effects and it is slowly making me feel a little more human."

me 321 October 23, 2016

For Anxiety "23 male, been taking buspar for 3 years now for anxiety/ocd with intrusive thoughts. I originally started with 10mg 2x a day. Took about 2-3 weeks to take effect, after that I really noticed a difference in my anxiety and intrusive thoughts. It really helped me get through the day and feel normal. I occasionally still had panic attacks that would eventually pass with drinking a bunch of water and sometimes taking an extra "helper" dose. Recently switched to 3x a day still at 10mg since the med doesn't seem to last as long as it used to. Still occasionally take a "helper" dose to fall asleep. Side affects were/still are antsy legs, dizziness, drowsiness, and extreme appetite all for only about 30 min. Overall better than anti-depressants."

Tryingtofeellikeakidagain (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 28, 2016

For Panic Disorder "My mild anxiety had been building for yrs when I decided to seek help for it. At that time, I had only experienced one panic attack after a health scare (heart palps from over exercising). It wasn't until I sought help to control my stress that I was prescribed Prozac. Started having panic attacks and taken off. Started taking buspar. 1st few wks were really rough (brain zaps). It kept me from having panic attacks but I still experienced moderate anxiety every day. After 8 wks, I started to experience depression for no reason and intrusive thoughts. Nothing like I ever experienced before. So I went back down, depressive thoughts came back. Tapered off. Lightheadedness, ear ringing and brain fog persisted the entire 3 mo. I was on it."

Anxnomore September 27, 2016

For Anxiety "You have to take this for about a month before you will notice a difference in your anxiety. Please don't take anyone else's medications. It's illegal and unsafe. Work closely with your MD to find the dose that's right for you and it can help a lot. I'm an ER nurse. It worked for me. Peace!"

LessStressed (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 10, 2016

For Anxiety "Buspar has been a godsend for me. First, was on 10mgs twice a day. Now I'm on 15mgs twice a day. No side effects and I've had no need for benzos since. On one year now."

Novelista (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 10, 2016

For Anxiety "It didn't help at all with the panic attacks and actually made my anxiety worse. The first few weeks it would just put me to sleep. After four weeks I became very depressed and had suicidal thoughts constantly throughout the day. It gave me horrible headaches, it made me really dizzy all the time and I felt lightheaded and nauseous often. After four weeks I could not sleep at all and my anxiety increased along with the panic attacks. I don't recommend this medicine for anyone who has suffered PTSD or who has had high anxiety levels for a long time. It just makes things worse. After five weeks I stopped taking this medication I could no longer handle the side effects."

Stillneedhelp (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 8, 2016

For Anxiety "I was prescribed Buspar for anxiety. If I knew that Buspar had the side effects that I got, I would never drink it. I drank it for 4 days only and it almost got me killed. I started having panic attacks, I could hardly breath, I had electric shocks, brain zaps, horrible medicine. I quit right away. Little I knew that quitting even after 4 days would cause side effects. I could not sleep for 2 weeks afterwards, I thought I was dying. Horrible medicine. I will never drink any anti-depressants or anti-anxiety medicin that is not natural!!!!"

Nadia GEO September 2, 2016

For Anxiety "I was recently prescribed Cymbalta for depression. It helped but I felt very jittery and anxious on it. My doctor added Buspar and now I feel very much calmer and in control. I take 30 mgs twice a day."

Dan9447 August 21, 2016

For Anxiety "Anxiety was eating me alive! Finally I went to my Dr to ask for help. I started with 7.5 mg twice a day and she worked me up to 15mg twice a day. I feel so much better! I'm sleeping like a log now because anxiety is not keeping me awake or waking me up. I do feel hot and a little shaky about 20 minutes after I take it but it don't last very long, maybe 30 minutes. I'm also losing some much needed weight. Probably because I'm not eating at night since I'm actually sleeping through the night for the first time in my life! This stuff changed my life for the better!"

Carolyn Riggs August 20, 2016

85 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety "I have been taking buspar for 4 months now and it has helped pretty well for my anxiety. I take 3 10mg a day. I mostly like it because it helps with the extra anxiety and slight depression i get from the come down off of my adderall i take for adhd every day too. The only side effects I've had from the buspar has been nausea but as long as i eat a little bit of food whenever i take them it subsides that pretty well so i would recommend it to anyone with the same situation."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 19, 2016

For Anxiety "I have taken buspar for 5 months. Prescribed max dose of 15mg 4x/day. It took a couple weeks to actually notice the difference. I don't feel like a zombie after taking it. I really just came to the realization one day while driving to work, an activity that used to leave me recovering from an anxiety attack, was suddenly a very simple task. My social anxiety, much improved. It's very subtle, but after sticking with it, I can look back and I see that it changed my life. It does make me sleepy, in a walking around functioning while yawning kind of way and I get a lot of headaches. The good definitely outweighs The bad. I can take a lower dosage on easy days and still have a positive outcome. also take 150mg of Zoloft and 25 mg Wellbutrin"

HalfPint416 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 14, 2016

For Anxiety "It has done great for me. I used to "bite my kids' heads off" in the mornings and startle a lot easier, for examples. I can also take it in small doses at a time to keep from sleeping all day from the side effects."

W.S. (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 11, 2016

For Panic Disorder "I've been on this medication for about eight months for both panic disorder and anxiety, 30 mg twice a day. Just so people know, it takes roughly six weeks to kick in fully, so if you haven't felt anything yet, you need to give it time before you try something else. While it does make me very tired after I take it for about 30-40 minutes, it doesn't make me chronically tired like I was while on antidepressants. A short nap definitely helps if I'm not doing anything in the morning. It's absolutely brought my level of anxiety way, way down to a manageable level, especially after getting to the maximum dose. I'm functioning normally for the first time in years and I love it."

Isneksjdnemsifjenndjdjd (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 4, 2016

For Anxiety "was on 20 mg Cipralex then doctor added q 150 Buspar within 2 weeks my anxiety and depression got a lot worse, trouble sleeping and uncontrolled shaking Not for me"

Petros 141 July 4, 2016

For Anxiety "Started a 90 day prescription right after I had my daughter and it was horrible. Gave me anxiety and terrible panic attacks. I had to hop in a cold shower once. I felt as if I was gonna have a heart attack or my chest explode. Just got prescribed wellbutrin hoping to have better luck."

Vero94 June 21, 2016

For Anxiety "My anxiety was extremely bad and I had tried lexapro but the side effects for me were horrible; so my doctor started new on BuSpar. I've been on it now going on two weeks and I can say I do feel a slight difference. My anxiety is still there but not as bad... I'm still having attacks off and on but I'm going to stick with this and give it some more time. The only side effect I have is the dizziness but I've learned if I eat even just a piece of toast that it helps with that. Other than that no side effects. I say if your suffering give this a try and stick with it."

TJackson23 June 20, 2016

For Anxiety "I had depression for years and in that last 8 months that turned into anxiety that gave severe shoulder and abdominal pain , sweaty palms and pounding heart , ruined my career and my social life and affected my decision making . Finally after trying to fight it with out using medication I had to go see a doctor because I couldn't take it anymore , doctor gave me buspirone and recomanded 3x 5mg a day . I started with 1 5mg every 24 hours and I can tell a difference , I am calm and I sleep better . The physical pain is almost gone which I assume was happening due to surge of my stress hormones which are now under control . It has been 3 days of peace and quite and hope it stays this way ."

Yaz86 June 17, 2016

90 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety "One week on, started full dose yesterday. 30m. No side effects, and no haziness. I get slightly dizzy but doesn't interfere with walking. I have tried 3 others before this, And each time I had flu symptoms, couldn't leave the bathroom, couldn't work or take care of my children. This medicine has been nothing but great for me, I haven't had a headache or the tremors for a few days which is already life changing! I can focus, and I have slowly realized that my mind is quieting down:) if nothing has worked for you, please give this a try! No addiction to it they say.. I'm excited that I feel this great:) I can't wait to see what next week and the week after is. I'm looking forward to tomorrow, which is a foreign feeling. Good luck:)"

Busparinlove June 13, 2016

113 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next