User Reviews for BuSpar

7.7

7 reviews
Summary of BuSpar reviews 6.3 383 reviews

Reviews for BuSpar

For Anxiety "Quit drinking cold turkey after 2 years of life altering changes. Never had anxiety. Well I do now. Crippling scary moments only about midday. Morning and evening I'm fine which is weird. Was scared to death to take a med like this because other than high BP I'm good to go. Broke down and tried one 5mg dose. About an hour later I felt smooth. Was told 5mg 12 hours. I take 5mg 3 times a day. Usually every 4 hours so 15mg. 4 months sober and a month after starting Buspar it's a life saver for me. I've read that it doesn't work for everybody and everybody I'd different I understand. But it has done the trick for me so far. I tried every vitamin concoction and drink known to man with no luck. It made me very dizzy the fist couple weeks. Now I don't even notice taking it except feeling more calm. Not recommending taking it like I do but it works for me."

Sluth (taken for less than 1 month) April 6, 2018

For Anxiety "I've had anxiety for several years with full blown panic attacks that have sent me to the ER. Fortunately, I've kept those at bay for the last year, but I still get anxiety at night. I finally decided to go to the doctor but didn't want a benzo. I was prescribed 15mg tabs, I take one at night...and it does absolutely nothing for my anxiety. If anything, it makes me a tad drowsy. Not what I was hoping for."

Eve (taken for less than 1 month) March 30, 2018

For Anxiety "Makes my anxiety tremendously worse, even after months of use! Don't believe the fake big pharma comments. This is not a replacement for any benzo, in any way! It is only 'known' to be 'effective' in general anxiety disorder. AFter my switch I couldn't sleep for a week, dehydrated, thought I was gonna die, so then they gave me Zoloft in conjunction with the buspar that I was already on for 2 months! The Zoloft made it even worse, I am surprised to be alive and writing this today."

PTSD March 27, 2018

For Anxiety "I have debilitating anxiety and paranoia. I hate valium, xanax etc as it causes me shocking depression and lose all motivation. I'm currently taking pristiq, seroquel and Armodifinil. After just a few days on 10 mg twice a day I feel so much better. I've stopped the morning dose as it was causing me to feel spaced out and numb until 2pm. Been on it now two weeks and all my physical anxiety (pounding heart, shortness of breath and irrational negative thoughts) has basically disappeared!! I feel so good I've even booked an overseas holiday soon. Something impossible before the Buspar. I love this medication it's changed my outlook in life :)"

Tonks March 21, 2018

For Anxiety "I can take 15mg three times a day but most of the time I only take two a day as I was told not to take after 6 pm. But it works for me great. I haven't had any side effects or anything. It keeps me relaxed and calm and even when I want to get upset I really cant. I thank God for this drug. Give it a try if you haven't."

Dimples42 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 13, 2018

For Anxiety "I was doing much better on Clonazepam. I believe therapy and medication has as much to do with having quality of life than to changing to another medication. I found that if my therapist had no experience with anxiety counselling, I didn't do well with that therapist."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 12, 2018

For Panic Disorder "I started getting panic attacks and unprovoked anxiety out of no where about six months ago. It was disrupting my life, and I never wanted to go in public because I was worried I would have panic attacks. I was nervous with Buspar because I had read some negative reviews but this medication helped me IMMEDIATELY. I was prescribed 5mg. It does make me dizzy if I take the whole 5mg dose (I am not used to taking medication because I am sensitive to side effects. I’m 23 and 105lbs) so I take 2.5mg 3x a day. I have had two panic attacks since taking this medication, but they are much more tolerable than before being on buspar. I have been on it for two months and was getting 5-6 panic attacks a week before starting buspar. I no longer have fear of panic attacks in public and anxiety isn’t always on my mind anymore."

Katey (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 8, 2018

For Anxiety "I have narrow angle glaucoma and there are only two anti depressive/anti anxiety drugs that will not raise my eye pressure...wellbutrin and buspar. Wellbutrin tore up my stomach and upped my anxiety so after three months of that I switched to buspar. I must be very sensitive to drugs because even 5mg was too much and caused "brain zaps". I cut it in half and 2.5mg seems just right so far and it's only week two. I feel calmer and I intend to give this drug a chance to really work. Side effects are minimal and I take my second dose mid afternoon due to sleep issues if I take it in the evening. It doesn't do much for my depression but my depression is secondary to my anxiety. Like I said, I'm giving it a chance."

Coco958 (taken for less than 1 month) March 6, 2018

For Anxiety "Buspirone doesn't work near as well as Clonazepam. I was hopeful but hopeful does not stop my anxiety."

DanielJJ (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 14, 2018

For Anxiety "Buspar does the job better than other medication so far. Everything else has made me feel worse. The first couple of times I took this medication my heart rate increased and I felt dizzy. This went away after a couple of days taking it. It makes me sick to my stomach if I take it on an empty stomach, so I definitely recommend eating a meal right before you take a pill."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 13, 2018

For Anxiety "I started out taking 2 doses of 5 mg a day. The first few days I did notice a little mood boost but it didn’t last long. We raised my dose 5 more mg (15mg a day) and same thing but it went away. Didn’t help with my panic or separation anxiety. Did help with depersonalization. It made me tired, nauseous & gave diarrhea the first couple days. Those went away after that but it did give me a weird feeling about 45 minutes after taking each dose. I tapered off after 2-3 months."

listentobadsuns (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 6, 2018

For Anxiety "It's working fine for me so far"

Pam89 (taken for less than 1 month) February 2, 2018

For Anxiety "This was my first night of taking Buspar for anxiety 15 mg and it made it worst, I am tensed , I feel tingly , cold and jumpy. And I can’t sleep at all. I do not like this feeling at all. Worst feeling ever."

Aleese (taken for less than 1 month) January 30, 2018

For Anxiety "I've struggled with anxiety all of my life. I am also about to get tested for ADHD in my 40's. The Buspar has stopped the constant worry, but the focus issue and being scattered brained hasn't changed. My anxiety is definitely better. But it's all at a price. I feel emotionally numb. I don't really feel much anything. I'm could just sit and stare watching everyone life go by except for continuing to fidget and tapping my feet constantly. I'm on 5mg twice a day for two weeks now. Its nice to have relief from the anxiety but my fidgety mind is trapped in this sluggish emotional state. My heart and my head feel like two separate entities strangely. And my dreams are so vivid I feel like I'm in something as real as when I'm awake. I dreamed I in an earthquake, tsunami and I saw my dog get bit in the face by a gigantic snake. I almost would rather deal with the anxiety. At least I felt normal."

Geeg January 28, 2018

For Anxiety "Horrible drug, made my anxiety worse! An hour after my second dose I became nauseous and had the spins bad."

Buspirone (taken for less than 1 month) January 11, 2018

For Anxiety "DO NOT TAKE THIS CRAP! My experience was so bad I actually turned to Burboun to get me out of this hole that buspar put me in. I can only explain it like this: take the most familiar place to you and suddenly this place you know so well doesn't look the same. Like all the furniture got rearranged but nothing moved. Like your home was relocated to the twilight zone. Not cool. Neither are these people who are taking people off meds that work and handing out garbage like this to save their own skin."

Knight2000 (taken for less than 1 month) January 5, 2018

For Panic Disorder "BuSpar is a bit of a mixed experience for me. I always get a rapid pulse, restless and sometimes sweaty for about an hour after each dose, but it is effective the rest of the day at minimizing my panic and anxiety without resorting to benzodiazepines."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 2, 2018

For Anxiety "It took away my ability to sleep. I didn’t notice anything more."

Trichlie (taken for less than 1 month) January 2, 2018

For Anxiety "I have been suffering from SEVERE anxiety all of my life. It was debilitating for me, people around would never know I was experiencing it because I would make myself losing and look happy, when really I was full of anxious energy and worry. I worried about EVERYTHING. Death mostly. It was obsessive. I never wanted try medicine so I just kept dealing with it. Recently, it peaked to the point I could no longer handle it. After researching medications I decided to try BuSpar, specifically for anxiety. I know most do not see the benefits for at least 2 weeks, however, I’m on day two and I feel “normal”. I have never felt normalcy ever in my life. But I finally feel free of anxIety. I felt dizziness upon the first dose, nothing else yet."

AC WOOT December 15, 2017

For Anxiety "I was prescribed Buspirone in October of this year to help with anxiety and a very fast heart beat. When I originally went to see my doctor the very first time my heart rate was 116. Two weeks later, and two weeks after starting Buspirone, my heart rate was 86. It now seems to fluctuate between 98 - 74. The first few weeks were miserable and the first week was the worst. I actually ended up quitting on day 2 because of the dizziness and restarted a week later. When I restarted the symptoms weren't as bad. I still get dizzy sometimes but my doctor said it's most likely because my heart is slowing down."

extraminty (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 13, 2017

For Anxiety "Been on Buspar 6 weeks & 1 day today. Trying to stay the course & not give up till 8 weeks. On 15mg (3x /day) & titrated my way up over the last 6 wks. Tried 20mg but felt like I took speed & my extremities had very uncomfortable tingling. Even at 6 wks when I take my 5mg dose my heart still races & I get dizzy & feel some heightened anxiety about an hour after taking it. Lasts about an hour. I also have some left leg thigh pain now. I’ve read so much on this drug & it’s hard to know if you should go up or down in dose to get the right level for your body. My pDoc doesn’t seem to know much more than I do. In those 6 wks I’ve only had a few hours out of 2 non-consecutive days of anxiety/fear relief. I’ll write another review at 8 wks"

Kanina (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 24, 2017

For Anxiety "I started Buspar 2 months ago and at first I did have the side effects for the first 3 weeks, but was given anti nausea med and reduced the nausea. Have lost 12 pounds and have kept it off. Eating a little as no changes in what I eat. No sweets. And that makes me happy. And no more anxiety"

cschupp2012 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 18, 2017

For Panic Disorder "Drug is prescribed for 18-64 age bracket. Seniors experience drugs differently just like Teens. I tried Buspar to replace Xanax. Buspar builds in the system. 1st month I noticed a slight calm effect. My NP was getting me off another SSRI also not good for Seniors. During the last 2 weeks, I have noticed shortness of breath which has increased. That increased my anxiety and hyperventilation. I know it is early but I already feel better this evening not having taken my three 5 mg doses. Xanax has a 6 hour shelf life and works better for me and I have learned to regulate the doses. Will wean off on the 2.5 half tabs of Buspar. My system is just like it used to be."

Female, 64 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 16, 2017

For Panic Disorder "This drug made my anxiety worse. Need I say anything more? Bad drug!"

Buspar sucks! (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 14, 2017

For Anxiety "I've been begging for years to take an anti anxiety medication. I was initially diagnosed with depression & anxiety. My neurologist increased my Effexor from 75mg to 150mg/day to treat the numbness and tingling in my feet due to diabetes. I became manic with my driving and spending habits. I was then re-diagnosed as being bipolar. I went years without anxiety medication and had several trips to the hospital with anxiety attacks that felt more like heart attacks. I was put on Buspar and took my first dose last night. This morning I couldn't find my wig. I ended up late to work in hopes of locating it. It's not where I left it and I wonder if I was sleep walking. Anyone experience anything similar?"

Newbie Girl October 23, 2017