User Reviews for BuSpar

Panic Disorder 35 reviews 19 medications

5.8
Summary of BuSpar reviews 344 reviews 6.1

Reviews for BuSpar

For Panic Disorder "I fell thru the ice and drowned ( obviously resuscitated ) at the age of 17. In College I started getting terrible panic attacks that had me going to the ER sometimes 2 times a week. I was put on Buspar and they might as well as given me a TicTac and told me THAT was a Miraclel Drug as well is would have probably been more effective. Prozac, Xanax , Valuim ALL seemed to make it worse Clonazepam is THE ONLY Med. that has worked it's been a life saver."

Carpe88 August 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety "I love this drug! I started 4 yrs ago when I was just starting recovery from sex addiction and childhood sexual abuse and trauma, and I started out on just 5 mg/day. Within a week, I noticed my anxiety significantly lessen. Within 3 weeks, I was able to stop compulsively having sex with a new guy every week. It helped me get my life back on track, and about 9 months later, I finally started taking it as prescribed (5mg twice per day,) and the difference was even more significant. I slept better, had fewer racing thoughts, and I stopped obsessing about my therapist as much. It didn't cause any weight gain and had virtually no side effects after the initial blurry vision for the first few days. Highly recommend Buspar!"

OliviaBat July 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety "I have been on Buspar for about 2 months now for anxiety from keppra. It seems to work sometime but when I get an anxiety or panic attack it hits hard. I was on 5mg twice a day and now my dose is really high. Like today it seems to have no effect. And I'm always lightheaded dizzy fogged out feeling. And my other doctor said to try Xanax."

theplacetobe234 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety "I was prescribed this drug for anxiety I took it home and managed to take it for 2 days but immediately noticed severe insomnia that after two days made me stop taking it. On top of the inability to sleep despite feeling tired I had absolutely zero appetite. In the little over 48 hours I had only managed to eat a handful of cherries... However when I was on the drug I did notice less irritability and increased fatigue which I attributed to not sleeping or eating."

Josephw1 (taken for less than 1 month) July 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety "I started talking this medication last Monday and was only on it for 4 days before I had to quit. I had so many of the different side effects of this drug like lack of appetite, stomach upset, extremely worse anxiety than I had before I started and extreme drowsiness during the day but insomnia at night. It was an absolute nightmare for me but that doesn't mean it wouldn't work for someone else."

Cyndi16 July 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety "I started out on 5 mg, 3 times day and am now at 10 mg 3-4 times a day. I've experienced no side effects. I do feel less anxiety (constant worry, easily irritated), but feel it come back about 5 hours later. It has taken the edge off of social anxiety but has taken about 2 months to get there. It is a mild anti anxiety med. It doesn't make you feel drugged or spaced out. It helps to give you the ability to stop the anxious thoughts but doesn't seem to do it all for you. I have ADD as well and take Wellbutrin along with Buspar. I have taken Lexapro and although it does wonders for anxiety it also caused me to feel a bit manic over time. Lexapro also wiped out my memory. I have a grandson now and I want to remember and be at my best for him."

Alisann (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety "This medication did not work for my anxiety. BuSpar actually allowed my anxiety to increase with severe insomnia and vivid dreams. It also caused severe stomach and intestinal problems. I also experienced dizziness irritability and incoordination. There are other symptoms from BuSpar these are the main ones that caused me to stop taking the drug."

Iron Ang June 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety "I was on 15 mg of buspirone for many months. I recently lost my job and have a lot of anxiety and depression. I am seeing a psychiatrist who said my dose was too low and upped it to 60 mg a day. I still don't feel like it is working. I am also on Zoloft. I still am having a lot of anxiety. Years ago I was on Ativan and it was a miracle drug for me. I would like to stop the buspirone and just take the Ativan as needed. I see my psychiatrist in a couple weeks and am going to suggest that. I also have the feeling of a huge lump in my throat that I know is stress related."

Rockmej (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety "Developed anxiety and panic again after not having it for 30 years. Could have been triggered by an attack of vertigo. Dr. put me on Buspar 10mg twice a day. I was also on Prozac 20 mg once a day and Clonopin 0.5mg once at night for years and felt just fine. The Buspar made me spacey and did not help the anxiety. They reduced it to 5mg twice a day. Still a little spacey and did not help anxiety. Upped my Clonopin to an extra 0.5mg in morning and 0.25mg in afternoon. Buspar is not helping. Going to ask my doctor to change to something else. Been on it almost a couple of months. Any help anyone can give me? Thanks so much. I am also afraid to be alone at home since hubby works 2nd shift but is going to 1st shift next week which will help."

lmp1954 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety "I've been on this for about 3 weeks now. At first I thought it was helping my anxiety a bit but then I realized it was just making me tired and loopy after I took it, and that's worn off now (which is good but now I realized it wasn't helping). Giving it 3 stars because it didn't hurt me except for the tired loopy feeling, and I can't orgasm easily at all. Also my appetite is gone so I've lost some weight, which is nice except having no appetite meant I wasn't taking in enough calories so I was even more tired. Basically it was just pointless and didn't help."

YETI3000 (taken for less than 1 month) June 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety "I used buspar 5mg once every few years. It's very good for me and very mild. I tried double dosage once and I was groggy. But on 5mg, I was perfectly normal. When I get my anxiety attack (once every decade or so) my hands shake, can't eat, color of my face goes pale.... but immediately soon after taking buspar, I feel much better. Please note that these medication don't work just as well on everybody. The nature of psychotropic medication would work wonders on one person, and horribly or not at all one another person. You gotta keep trying until you find something that works for you."

WackyGuy (taken for less than 1 month) June 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety "I did not like this medication nor do I recommend it. I don't know if I was taking a low dose or a normal dose but I was on 10 mg twice a day. That medication made me feel very tingly, I felt like a rubberband that was stretched pulled, this was a daily feeling, it was scary. I also had feelings of not being able to control myself. For example when washing dishes I felt that I was out of control. So I hurried and washed dishes. I took this medication for about 2 months, I stopped taking it. I will never again take it again. What did help me with 95% of my anxiety attacks was to stay away from sugar and flour products. Now I rarely have anxiety attacks. More Protein!"

Nando2017 June 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety "I'm taking buspar for anxiety that I'm having due to an injury. I broke my wrist about 8 weeks ago, and I am in a cast from the tip of my thumb to just below the elbow. My Dr. told me I might be in this cast for 12 weeks or significantly longer. I started having bad anxiety and panic attacks. So my family Dr. put me on buspar and zoloft for the duration of being in a cast. So far it hasn't seemed to help very much, 7.5 mg twice daily. I'm hoping that it will start helping with the anxiety. I do feel a little light headed and I'm always tried. This isn't my first broken bone or cast, but this is the first time I've ever experienced anxiety."

Alex 5000 (taken for less than 1 month) May 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety "I have debilitating anxiety which keeps me from leaving the house many days. Before, I would cry almost daily, even when life was going better. The little things tore me apart. With the buspar... it's like I'm getting "moments" back. I still get anxious sometimes, but I have occasional periods of feeling. ... normal. Clear. Simple, natural interactions with family and friends are possible again. As time goes on, I'm experiencing more and more "moments" of real life again, or, life before anxiety. Multiple friends have told me I seem much happier. Though I don't particularly think of myself as suddenly " all sunshine and roses", I feel like I have my life back. I'm actually living again."

J.bohannon May 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety "I am taking the buspar but it making me feel too relaxed and giving me worse anxiety. My whole body is tingly and I have a huge headache I don't have anything else that to take but I am so afraid to take it - it is Saturday I can't get a hold of my dr. I just don't what to anymore anyone have any ideas"

Kim rojas April 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety "I started on 5 mg for anxiety caused by my OCD. I got bumped to 7.5 and within 3 days could feel some of the terrible anxiety burn I get in my upper back go away. A month went by and I had a terrible setback with depression because I could no longer could deal with my panic & OCD. Doctor bumped me to 10 mg. Same pattern occurred.... within 3 days I was feeling better. In fact, had the best day in a while. It might just be a coincidence and therapy might be helping in conjunction with, but I notice Buspar does help with my extreme anxiety, but only when I went above 5 mg. I have not noticed any side effects. I'm also taking zoloft, zyprexa 2.5, and klonipin .25. I have endured a lot with panic attacks, OCD, and depression hence all the meds."

kytrailhikers April 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety "So, I give this 7 out of 10. I'd give it 10 out of 10, but the first week on this was really uncomfortable. I almost stopped using it. I started out at 10 mg buspar once a day and then after a week increased to 10 twice a day . The first week, I won't lie, was a doozy. My psych said that her patients either love it or hate it and it's pretty much 50/50 with little gray area. But since it's inexpensive, been around for a while, and is pretty safe, she likes that to be the first option when dealing with GAD. Fair. The first week, I was really, really dizzy. Felt a bit fuzzy in the head. kind of jumpy. I had to pull over while driving and sit down for a bit. BUT after about two weeks. Whoah. My life is changed. I'm no longer so anxious!!"

DancingPrancingBearwithAnxiety April 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety "I'm on the fence about this medication, I used it for generalized anxiety disorder which was exacerbated after my mother passed away unexpectedly. Well I have to say, I was shaky like I was just as anxious, so I though it was the anxiety, so I stopped the medication after 6 months and I am not shaky anymore, I also feel like everything is clearer. I was on a very light dose 2.5mg three times a day. Maybe I did not take enough. So he gave me Lexapro, which I have not started, I am holding out, when I get anxious I take a half of a .25 xanax and it keeps the anxiety away. So if I was to say I don't think this medication helped very much. Maybe at a higher dose, I don't know. I am skeptical about taking anything like this."

toomuchanxiety April 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety "Works well in combination with an SSRI. I stopped Buspar due to drowsiness and immediate weight gain. I experienced increased appetite and wanted to eat constantly. I was diagnosed with Adult Attention Deficit Disorder without Hyperactivity. I currently take Adderall, low dose Wellbutrin XL, and low dose Prozac. The Prozac and Wellbutrin XL assist in alleviating depressive symptoms during the winter months. Everyone is unique. Talk to your doctor; follow their advice."

Mattican April 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety "Cannot see any difference in depression"

gub March 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety "Didn't do anything but make me tired.. started at 15mg and went all the way up to 60mg with no improvement."

ChrisPBacon (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety "I think buspar is working really well for me.. I also take zoloft and its a great combination so far. I do get a little dizzy but my anxiety was so bad that I'd rather be a little dizzy than anxious.."

Mmjr (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety "Have had anxiety for many years, have tried numerous meds and none worked for long. Because of numerous surgeries I have a high drug tolerance and sometimes weird reactions. After taking Cymbalta for 3 years the excessive sweating just became too much, I am now on Lexapro and was using Clonazapan when an attack would start,concerned about addiction to Clonazapan my doctor suggested Buspar. I started with 7.5 twice a day did not feel much until starting the third week then 10mg 3xs a day. Did have side effects but was encouraged to wait 4wks, so glad I did. 1st time in years and I mean years, I feel like the old me, sleep through the night, no side effects. I encourage you to wait and see before you give up on it, for me well worth it."

Finally Me (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "Probably the worse drug ever made. No help at all from panic attacks or anxiety. Tried the drug for months and all I got from it was vertigo."

ann445 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety "Have been on Buspar for a few months, and I like it a lot! It has made severe and paralyzing anxiety lift to a manageable level, even while taking a low dosage of 10 mg daily. My Dr. told me that I can increase the dosage, since in taking so little it doesn't rid me of anxiety completely (no med can). But I noticed that when I upped my dose my appetite came back more than I would have liked. Essentially, I think it works to strengthen my SSRI (sertraline); and I did have dizziness when I first started and felt pretty bad, but that's common for anti-anxieties and usually goes away as your body gets used to it. I do still find however after I take my morning dose (usually) with coffee I do feel a bit woozy but it usually wears off quickly."

soybeant February 24, 2017