User Reviews for BuSpar

5.5

Summary of BuSpar reviews 6.1 421 reviews

Reviews for BuSpar

SB July 11, 2019

For Anxiety "My Prescription was increased to 300mg per day! Pharmacy blamed Doctor, Doctor blamed Pharmacy for Misreading his prescription. Patient brought it to their Attention after serious side effects. No One is Monitoring Prescriptions! After, prescription was returned to 60 mg day, which is the maximum dose!"

Andrew1990 June 26, 2019

For Anxiety "I have been on 8 different psych meds for about 4 years now including some controlled's. I am now slowly bringing that number down. This med did something for me, but not really enough to notice when I would not take it."

Anonymous June 19, 2019

For Anxiety "BuSpar helped with bipolar anxiety only slightly but it gave me awful insomnia with angry outbursts and the worse agoraphobia. This med did more harm than good"

Harley June 19, 2019

For Anxiety "I have been on Buspar for over a month now. 5mg x2 daily. I was on Buspar several years ago and stopped because I didn't feel I needed it anymore, that was a mistake. I suffer from GAD which was destroying my life. Racing thoughts, stomach problems, constant fear and panic. This medication is not a Benzo so dont expect immediate results, for me it took approx 2 weeks before I really started to feel the effects This drug is not an SSRI and it hasn't caused any sexual problems for me as some SSRI’s are known to do. The side effects I have experienced are flushing and dizziness however they subside about an hour after taking. Buspar does have a fairly short half life and I can feel the effects diminish after about 4 hours. Im also on Valium 2mg (10 per month) as needed when my anxiety becomes elevated but while on Buspar I haven't really had a need for the Valium but I'm glad I have it just in case. I would recommend this medication for anyone suffering from panic attacks/GAD. Don't give up!"

Juno June 15, 2019

For Anxiety "Buspar has changed my life in profound ways. In combination with antidepressants, it has made a huge difference for me. Before Buspar, I was debilitated by Social Anxiety Disorder. Avoidance, panic attacks, isolation... etc. Without Buspar, I felt like my whole body was raw all of the time. I started taking Buspar about 3.5 years ago and the first thing I noticed was sleepiness. But other than that, no side effects. It took a while to start working, but when it did, I was finally able to feel relaxed in public. The biggest thing is that it sedates the body. It makes me less reactive and slows down my mind. I can see how for some, this can produce a sluggish feeling, but it's exactly what I needed. The sleepiness is not a huge issue anymore. Oh, and I take Buspar 15 mg three times a day. A major downside is that I have to take it every five hours, but it's seriously like my protective armor."

Reliable · Taken for less than 1 month June 13, 2019

For Anxiety "I was on this medication for two weeks and notice absolutely no positive effect. However, with in those two weeks I gained 8 pounds, had an erratic heart beat, and about 20-30 minutes after taking a pill, I got extremely dizzy and lightheaded to the point I couldn’t even drive. This is just my experience and my body chemistry, but my ultimate opinion is it’s just another failed attempt to prevent prescribing Benzos. Hope any of this helps."

AnotherTry · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 10, 2019

For Panic Disorder "I also experienced my first asthma attack ever on this medication. I don't see it listed as an official side effect but I've never encountered anything like it before and just putting my 2 cents in. I've tried just about every SSRI and SNRI under the sun as well so while I'm not guaranteeing it's not a coincidence I'm pretty well past the point of attributing everything that happens to me to my medications. Aside from that it worked maybe... 10%? But I think the majority of that was the sedation which wears off as the sedation does. Other side effects for me were worse sleep, anger, nightmares, weight gain and tiredness."

lnfrich · Taken for less than 1 month May 31, 2019

For Anxiety "After having an anxiety attack that required a stay in a mental health residential facility, my Dr thought that this would be a great addition to my buproprion 300 mg per day for anxiety. It was going well until a few weeks in I noticed this dizzy feeling about 10 minutes after I took it and my insatiable desire for carbs. I had just lost my last 10 lbs so to see 5 of them come back on was disheartening! Weight gain wasn't listed as a side effect, but I know it caused me to gain weight and that was all I needed to know before I asked to be taken off it. I have decided to stop this medication."

JacksonFive · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 14, 2019

For Anxiety "BuSpar was an OK experience for my anxiety, but I have tried other meds and this one isn't as effective for my disorder."

MrKnight · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 3, 2019

For Anxiety "I took BuSpar for anxiety and it made me feel as though I was high or drunk, I was up and down all night sweating, it made my eyes feel really weird and head when I laid down almost like I was still moving when I wasn't. The worst was the insomnia and the terrible nightmares it gave me. I only took 5mg twice a day and I could not function on it. There were other minor side effects but I cannot remember the exact details."

Al · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 28, 2019

For Anxiety "If I could give this medication a rating of 0, I would. Took this for 8 months. 5mg three times a day. It took my anxiety away at first, but then everything got much much worse. Doctor told me to double my dose since panic was coming back into my life. This drug made me feel high and very uncomfortable. Made my panic attacks worse then they had ever been. I began getting very confused and unaware of places I was at. Began getting panic attacks every single day and started missing work. Decided to quit cold turkey. Couldn’t get out of bed for days. My brain had a constant fog over it. Took a solid week to where I felt normal again. I would never recommend this drug to anyone. Stopping this medication was the best thing I could have ever done."

sipowitz · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 12, 2019

For Anxiety "I have been on BuSpar 5mg 3 times a day for 5 weeks now for GAD. It didn't seem to start working till week 3 . The last two weeks my anxiety has decreased some and I can function a little better during the day, but I am sleeping terribly. I can fall asleep fine, but keep waking up after a couple hours feeling like my mind is still working."

Ted · Taken for less than 1 month March 26, 2019

For Anxiety "I used this drug for anxiety and it did not help the anxiety but it did cause an asthma attack which I had never had before and have never had since. It was terrifying. I also experienced severe headaches."

Blondebabe · Taken for less than 1 month March 23, 2019

For Anxiety "I started taking buspar with Prozac, & it’s the perfect combination!!! I got lucky & was able to feel relief from buspar when my nurse practitioner prescribed it to me. Both Prozac & buspar changed my life & makes me feel so much better from the awful depression & anxiety! I was in such a dark place, but now I feel a lot better!"

Me · Taken for less than 1 month March 14, 2019

For Anxiety "Side effects were insomnia, not hungry, light headed and vivid horrible dreams. Took 5mg buspar in morning and at night. Never take this med I was on for 3 weeks and now off for 2 week and I am still feeling the side effects. Still uneasy about leaving my home because of side effects."

BPD · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 13, 2019

For Anxiety "Buspar was a missing puzzle piece for me. I take it with Prozac and between the two, it has worked wonders. I highly recommend it with an antidepressant."

Jack · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 27, 2019

For Anxiety "Because of trouble been prescribe klonopin from doctors, I decide to wean out this medicine. I was 1.5 mg daily for 25 years and took me 6 months to get it out from my system. My new doctor prescribed buspar in low dose first and then 10 mg x 3 daily. 2 months before I finished Klonopin , all my troubles come back with vengeance. I developed tinnitus , my voice was weak and slurred. Buspar gave me very bad dizziness, bad balance ,heaviness on upper trunk and my legs. I was on buspar for 2 months and I put up with these horrible side effects hoping that time will make go away. I decided to go back to klonopin and after 2 days I was a new man , I also take Zoloft . I’m not saying that all my problems are over but at list I can go by and have my daily walks with no problems. Buspar works for most but not for me. Good luck guys. "

Aj January 20, 2019

For Anxiety "I had been taking Effexor and Buspar through the VA along with Clonazepam. I told doc I'd like to get off the Benzos, so I was left with Effexor. Recently I ran out of the Effexor and if you know anything about the VA, they make you come back in every time your refills run out. Even after you've been on it for years. Needless to say, I'm sick of the run-around garbage and bad service that is what veterans deal with. Ended the Effexor. Buspar made me sweat like a pig especially at night in bed. I quit it cold turkey and I'm not looking back. The only thing I take is blood pressure meds. The VA will shove anything big pharma approves of down your throat. I say quit it all . Your life will be much happier, cheaper, and cleaner."

trailblazer January 19, 2019

For Anxiety "My new Dr. wanted me off Xanax .05 twice a day and to take Buspirone instead. I have been on anti depressant Effexor for 14 years. I am on Gabepentian for severe sciatica and have Liver Chirrosis. So I have to be careful what I take. My medication was working great for me and then I started on Buspirone and in two days I became aggressive and then also felt buzzed and felt no way could I get behind the wheel of a car. This was a bad drug for me. Here the Dr. is against xanax which I take for anxiety .05 2x a day and it keeps me calm without feeling any dizziness etc and puts me on Buspirone which made my head feel drunk. I am recovered alcoholic for 5 years and this drug does not work for me at all. If it is used for drug addictions I can see why. It makes you feel high. I did not like the feeling or the headache I got the next day. I am going back to Dr."

Smm · Taken for less than 1 month January 2, 2019

For Anxiety "I started taking Buspar 12/13/2018. 10mg twice daily, one at bedtime, along with a host of other medications including Klonopin for a chronic nerve pain condition , Percocet for arthritis, Fibromyalgia, and a ton of other stuff, Topimax for migraines and Trigeminial Neuralgia, a muscle relaxer, an antihistamine for my allergies and for insomnia and I don’t want to forget the stool softeners of course ! Well I felt like I was gonna loose my mind AGAIN ! My skin feels like bugs are crawling all over me, my scalp is a mess with scabs from scratching it . My TN. Is off the charts again and I can’t leave the house I’m so full of anxiety . I have a meltdown at 4:00 every day followed by 2-3 unscheduled every hour til I go to sleep. I can’t stand the face pain but my doc tells me not to stop because it takes time to work !"

jeff · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 28, 2018

For Anxiety "this drug does not work, end of story..."

Matt446 · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 18, 2018

For Anxiety "Taken for: GAD, potential panic disorder Did not help me, Side effects - strong. Immediate light headedness, would need to lay down for 30 mins to an hour Slightly reduced in intensity but did not subside for me, even after 3 months. Did not effectively treat anxiety (GAD)"

Mak73 · Taken for 10 years or more November 15, 2018

For Anxiety "I have used Buspar for 10 yrs I take 60 mg by taking 20mg in morning 20mg in the afternoon and 20mg at bedtime. It helps me sleep and I have energy all day. My anxiety is never over a 1 on a scale of 1-10. I love this medication it goes well with my Viibryd 40mg."

Worried · Taken for less than 1 month November 5, 2018

For Anxiety "I started the medication for my anxiety and bipolar. The first dose was not bad, but the second dose it took my 2 hours before I could get up, I was so dizzy and light headed. Made my panic attacks worse and felt so spaced out. I have a terrible headache that keeps coming and going."

bob2756 · Taken for less than 1 month October 24, 2018

For Panic Disorder "No relief and intolerable side effects after 2 weeks. I read up on gabapentin and anxiety. Paired with Paxil my anxiety and panic are completely gone."

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)