User Reviews for BuSpar

Panic Disorder
5.7

Summary of BuSpar reviews 6.3 396 reviews

Reviews for BuSpar

For Anxiety "My doctors were reluctant to put me on benzos because I had a brief history of drug use. They offered buspar as an alternative, it was one of if not the worst medication I’ve ever taken. It felt like Benadryl that created the most uncomfortable physical sensation and the only thing I could do was lay down in bed and wait for it to wear off. Not recommended."

PanchoVilla (taken for less than 1 month) October 14, 2018

For Anxiety "This medication has been a godsend for me. I'm unable to take SSRIs or SNRIs and had recently increased my dose of Wellbutrin XL (which had driven up my anxiety). The Buspar has significantly improved my anxiety symptoms and I find myself happier and more outgoing since starting it. It has mild sexual side effects on me but they are quite tolerable compared to what I have experienced in the past (if there's any chance a med like this will cause sexual side effects on somebody, I seem guaranteed to have them, no matter how small the chances). Buspar has also caused exertional headaches for me. I'm not a fan of needing to take it twice per day but it is a small tablet and easy enough to keep with me in a key fob."

fhjbcgjb (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 12, 2018

For Anxiety "This drug has been a miracle for me. I have all the symptoms of what one physician termed "profound anxiety." NO DOCTOR until I found the right psychiatrist had even mentioned this drug. I've tried a lot of both tricyclic and SSRI and SNRI meds. All they did was give me side effects that made me feel worse. The benzodiazepines are addictive and not for a long term fix since their side effects and lasting effects are not good for the aging brain (I'm 75.)"

Leporello (Don Giovanni's man) (taken for less than 1 month) September 22, 2018

For Anxiety "I am extremely thankful this drug exists. It has changed my life. I suffer from PTSD from a previous illness and it has relieved my anxiety, 5 years of muscle tension and given me a clear mind. Really mild side effects at 20MG a day."

A (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 20, 2018

For Anxiety "I actually felt a difference the second day but, it did take over a week to really work. I had severe anxiety from PTSD, after about 9 days on it....I feel so much better! Don't even need anti depressants now, honestly."

Liz (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 15, 2018

For Anxiety "Why do I not feel good in the morning but I do feel good in afternoon. Take same dosage of buspar in morning as in afternoon"

Sound mind September 12, 2018

For Anxiety "Did not really do anything except make me feel a bit dizzy, unfortunately."

baillie (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 30, 2018

For Anxiety "I was first prescribed Buspar a few years ago when my anxiety was much, much worse and neither my doctor nor I wanted me to start taking benzos. About a year into it I stopped taking it because it was making me a little too relaxed during the day, but I started it again last fall at a lower dose and I've only had positive experiences with it since. I will say it's probably more for milder GAD. I am now dealing with some pretty fresh PTSD after a violent assault a couple years ago and I've found the combination of Buspar and Lamictal to be perfect for this. I have a very high tolerance so I can't speak to any of the negative side effects, but I can say that this is milder than most but still effective enough to continue taking."

orangetoday (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 26, 2018

For Anxiety "30 mg day, age 70, female, white with lifelong chronic depression, +anxiety=bipolar. I have had 40 years of psych med, individual therapy & my 2 pm 10mg gets me thru day w/o suicidal thoughts. + 30 yrs drag as multiple personalities. Have tried it all"

Sllm (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 19, 2018

For Anxiety "I've always had crippling anxiety. This medication relieves me from my anxiety without taking a scheduled medication (Xanax, Valium, Ativan, etc) and coming up in a drug screen. This medication hasn't taken my anxiety totally away (and everyone has a normal amount of anxiety), but it has diminished significantly. I've had no side effects while on this medication (I take 60mg a day) and I've been taking it for about 6 years."

LA (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 12, 2018

For Anxiety "My Dr. prescribed Buspar 5 . I felt drugged with no energy. Now taking 2.5 twice a day and feel more relaxed and energetic. Experiment with different doses before you give up. The Dr. doesn't have a clue what dose you can tolerate as everyone is different"

joe August 8, 2018

For Panic Disorder "Doc gave me this in addition to Ativan for panic attacks. Did NOTHING for my panic attacks! Still felt tense in class and wanted to run out of the classroom on a daily basis. When told to increase my dose, the drug increased my anxiety. Although it didn't do anything for my panic attacks, it sure lifted my depression."

Annali03 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 1, 2018

For Anxiety "BuSpar has significantly reduced general anxiety in my life. The first couple weeks, I felt a little out of it, almost buzzed, especially when going from 10mg to 20mg, but nothing unmanageable. To this day, I still have this sporadic and strange eye pressure that comes after I take a pill, but it's usually gone within 15 minutes. BuSpar helped me through what otherwise would have probably been an extremely stressful divorce. The number of thoughts of imagined scenarios that rarely happen have been eliminated to almost zero. I'm also much more social and as such, confident. It hasn't helped with some things like adrenaline and subsequent anxiety from things like public speaking, but that's why there's Xanax. It's not a cure all, but it's still 10/10 if you have general anxiety."

It Works (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 22, 2018

For Anxiety "It works alright on my days off when I'm not doing much. But when I have a busy day and I have to be out in public it doesn't do much at all for my anxiety."

AllyGator09 (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 1, 2018

For Anxiety "They recently increased my dosage by only 5 mg. With disastrous results. Big increase in anxiety attacks. Bad Drug. Caused me to experience 5 anxiety attacks in 24 Hours! A new record for the number of anxiety attacks that I’ve ever had in 24 Hours! And they want to slowly increase it to 60 mg a Day. No way! Feel like rubbish! And that’s just with a small increase!"

Wheels (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 27, 2018

For Anxiety "Definitely curbs my generalized anxiety, and helps with my social anxiety, it’s not a cure all, as I still have insomnia but it has definitely improved my quality of life. SSRIs never worked for me because I felt like my depression was rooted in anxiety and not the other way around, plus SSRIs gave me panic attacks and so did trazadone after two weeks. I take 1/2 a 7.5 as soon as I wake up and then I take another half again a couple hours later then a whole one a couple hours before bed. The first two or thee days it made me feel slightly funny but it’s definitely beginning to level off and I’m definitely much more content, less rumination, and a general feeling of well-being this far..."

oe_cm (taken for less than 1 month) June 15, 2018

For Anxiety "I have been down a long road. I had gotten inappropriate sinus tachycardia with stopping a beta blocker. And was put in another heart medicine to control my heart rate with less weaning side effects. Anyways they diagnosed me IST (Inappropriate Sinus Tachycardia). But since being off the medicine my heart rate has been fine. Not over 100 bpm. Anyways took 2.5 mg of buspar last night and my heart rate has been under control. I just want to cry cause I haven't seen my heart normal without being on a heart medicine even then it didn't really help much. I guess I found my miracle drug and my heart rate was due to anxiety since doctors give me high anxiety and panic"

Cassyroach91 (taken for less than 1 month) May 23, 2018

For Panic Disorder "Buspar, unfortunately did nothing to reduce the severity of my panic attacks and anxiety."

Kr (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 22, 2018

For Panic Disorder "I was initially started on BuSpar 5mg twice a day for panic disorder and PTSD as my therapist said I could not stay on Klonopin at her practice. I tried the 5mg twice a day for 2 weeks, then she increased it to 10mg twice a day, which I took for a month. I ended up with severe heart palpitations, dizziness, lightheadedness, nausea and feeling like I was going to pass out, in addition to my blood pressure being raised. I ended up on a heart monitor, seeing a cardiologist, in addition to other heart related tests all because my therapist is dead set on taking me off klonopin. I've been on 1mg of klonopin since 2008 and take it only as needed, mostly once a panic attack begins. I will never take BuSpar again, as I have been off of it now for about a week after all those symptoms and they are almost all gone now. Just wanted to share some of my side effects in case anyone else out there is having the same because I had a difficult time finding someone with the same side effects"

Heather (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 19, 2018

For Anxiety "I'm on 15mgs of Buspar a day, its been 2 months and its not working that well. It evens me out a little but I still get anxiety attacks. I'm also gaining weight because of sugar cravings."

Jessie (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 15, 2018

For Anxiety "Quit drinking cold turkey after 2 years of life altering changes. Never had anxiety. Well I do now. Crippling scary moments only about midday. Morning and evening I'm fine which is weird. Was scared to death to take a med like this because other than high BP I'm good to go. Broke down and tried one 5mg dose. About an hour later I felt smooth. Was told 5mg 12 hours. I take 5mg 3 times a day. Usually every 4 hours so 15mg. 4 months sober and a month after starting Buspar it's a life saver for me. I've read that it doesn't work for everybody and everybody I'd different I understand. But it has done the trick for me so far. I tried every vitamin concoction and drink known to man with no luck. It made me very dizzy the fist couple weeks. Now I don't even notice taking it except feeling more calm. Not recommending taking it like I do but it works for me."

Sluth (taken for less than 1 month) April 6, 2018

For Anxiety "I've had anxiety for several years with full blown panic attacks that have sent me to the ER. Fortunately, I've kept those at bay for the last year, but I still get anxiety at night. I finally decided to go to the doctor but didn't want a benzo. I was prescribed 15mg tabs, I take one at night...and it does absolutely nothing for my anxiety. If anything, it makes me a tad drowsy. Not what I was hoping for."

Eve (taken for less than 1 month) March 30, 2018

For Anxiety "Makes my anxiety tremendously worse, even after months of use! Don't believe the fake big pharma comments. This is not a replacement for any benzo, in any way! It is only 'known' to be 'effective' in general anxiety disorder. AFter my switch I couldn't sleep for a week, dehydrated, thought I was gonna die, so then they gave me Zoloft in conjunction with the buspar that I was already on for 2 months! The Zoloft made it even worse, I am surprised to be alive and writing this today."

PTSD March 27, 2018

For Anxiety "I have debilitating anxiety and paranoia. I hate valium, xanax etc as it causes me shocking depression and lose all motivation. I'm currently taking pristiq, seroquel and Armodifinil. After just a few days on 10 mg twice a day I feel so much better. I've stopped the morning dose as it was causing me to feel spaced out and numb until 2pm. Been on it now two weeks and all my physical anxiety (pounding heart, shortness of breath and irrational negative thoughts) has basically disappeared!! I feel so good I've even booked an overseas holiday soon. Something impossible before the Buspar. I love this medication it's changed my outlook in life :)"

Tonks March 21, 2018

For Anxiety "I can take 15mg three times a day but most of the time I only take two a day as I was told not to take after 6 pm. But it works for me great. I haven't had any side effects or anything. It keeps me relaxed and calm and even when I want to get upset I really cant. I thank God for this drug. Give it a try if you haven't."

Dimples42 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 13, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...

Micromedex® Care Notes