User Reviews for BuSpar

6.6
Panic Disorder 31 reviews 19 medications

Summary of BuSpar reviews 293 reviews 6.6

Reviews for BuSpar

For Anxiety "I was recently prescribed Cymbalta for depression. It helped but I felt very jittery and anxious on it. My doctor added Buspar and now I feel very much calmer and in control. I take 30 mgs twice a day."

Dan9447 August 21, 2016

For Anxiety "Anxiety was eating me alive! Finally I went to my Dr to ask for help. I started with 7.5 mg twice a day and she worked me up to 15mg twice a day. I feel so much better! I'm sleeping like a log now because anxiety is not keeping me awake or waking me up. I do feel hot and a little shaky about 20 minutes after I take it but it don't last very long, maybe 30 minutes. I'm also losing some much needed weight. Probably because I'm not eating at night since I'm actually sleeping through the night for the first time in my life! This stuff changed my life for the better!"

Carolyn Riggs August 20, 2016

For Anxiety "I have been taking buspar for 4 months now and it has helped pretty well for my anxiety. I take 3 10mg a day. I mostly like it because it helps with the extra anxiety and slight depression i get from the come down off of my adderall i take for adhd every day too. The only side effects I've had from the buspar has been nausea but as long as i eat a little bit of food whenever i take them it subsides that pretty well so i would recommend it to anyone with the same situation."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 19, 2016

For Anxiety "I have taken buspar for 5 months. Prescribed max dose of 15mg 4x/day. It took a couple weeks to actually notice the difference. I don't feel like a zombie after taking it. I really just came to the realization one day while driving to work, an activity that used to leave me recovering from an anxiety attack, was suddenly a very simple task. My social anxiety, much improved. It's very subtle, but after sticking with it, I can look back and I see that it changed my life. It does make me sleepy, in a walking around functioning while yawning kind of way and I get a lot of headaches. The good definitely outweighs The bad. I can take a lower dosage on easy days and still have a positive outcome. also take 150mg of Zoloft and 25 mg Wellbutrin"

HalfPint416 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 14, 2016

For Anxiety "It has done great for me. I used to "bite my kids' heads off" in the mornings and startle a lot easier, for examples. I can also take it in small doses at a time to keep from sleeping all day from the side effects."

W.S. (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 11, 2016

For Panic Disorder "I've been on this medication for about eight months for both panic disorder and anxiety, 30 mg twice a day. Just so people know, it takes roughly six weeks to kick in fully, so if you haven't felt anything yet, you need to give it time before you try something else. While it does make me very tired after I take it for about 30-40 minutes, it doesn't make me chronically tired like I was while on antidepressants. A short nap definitely helps if I'm not doing anything in the morning. It's absolutely brought my level of anxiety way, way down to a manageable level, especially after getting to the maximum dose. I'm functioning normally for the first time in years and I love it."

Isneksjdnemsifjenndjdjd (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 4, 2016

For Anxiety "was on 20 mg Cipralex then doctor added q 150 Buspar within 2 weeks my anxiety and depression got a lot worse, trouble sleeping and uncontrolled shaking Not for me"

Petros 141 July 4, 2016

For Anxiety "Started a 90 day prescription right after I had my daughter and it was horrible. Gave me anxiety and terrible panic attacks. I had to hop in a cold shower once. I felt as if I was gonna have a heart attack or my chest explode. Just got prescribed wellbutrin hoping to have better luck."

Vero94 June 21, 2016

For Anxiety "My anxiety was extremely bad and I had tried lexapro but the side effects for me were horrible; so my doctor started new on BuSpar. I've been on it now going on two weeks and I can say I do feel a slight difference. My anxiety is still there but not as bad... I'm still having attacks off and on but I'm going to stick with this and give it some more time. The only side effect I have is the dizziness but I've learned if I eat even just a piece of toast that it helps with that. Other than that no side effects. I say if your suffering give this a try and stick with it."

TJackson23 June 20, 2016

For Anxiety "I had depression for years and in that last 8 months that turned into anxiety that gave severe shoulder and abdominal pain , sweaty palms and pounding heart , ruined my career and my social life and affected my decision making . Finally after trying to fight it with out using medication I had to go see a doctor because I couldn't take it anymore , doctor gave me buspirone and recomanded 3x 5mg a day . I started with 1 5mg every 24 hours and I can tell a difference , I am calm and I sleep better . The physical pain is almost gone which I assume was happening due to surge of my stress hormones which are now under control . It has been 3 days of peace and quite and hope it stays this way ."

Yaz86 June 17, 2016

For Anxiety "One week on, started full dose yesterday. 30m. No side effects, and no haziness. I get slightly dizzy but doesn't interfere with walking. I have tried 3 others before this, And each time I had flu symptoms, couldn't leave the bathroom, couldn't work or take care of my children. This medicine has been nothing but great for me, I haven't had a headache or the tremors for a few days which is already life changing! I can focus, and I have slowly realized that my mind is quieting down:) if nothing has worked for you, please give this a try! No addiction to it they say.. I'm excited that I feel this great:) I can't wait to see what next week and the week after is. I'm looking forward to tomorrow, which is a foreign feeling. Good luck:)"

Busparinlove June 13, 2016

For Anxiety "Tried all the benzodiazepines with no luck. Then they tried Buspar and it changed my life."

kaube000 (taken for less than 1 month) June 8, 2016

For Anxiety "I am on Buspar and 5 milligrams once a day I feel that if I take it all at once and it does not work I am so lost because I can't stand this dizziness nausea in my stomach my feet feel like they're falling out from underneath me I really am lost the doctor wants me to stay on it but I do not want to up it because I feel like I keep going through these side effects over and over again every day due to the fact of it being Half-Life what do I do from here"

charscared (taken for less than 1 month) June 8, 2016

For Anxiety "I've been taking Buspar for a year. I feel like I can mange my life better when I'm on it. I can cope so much better with my life's stressors, especially the ones related to taking care of my daughter, who has autism. I used to get overwhelmed easily. With the busar I am more patient, not explosive or impulsive. Also, I used to have so many negative or catastrophic as automatic thoughts all the time. On Buspar I rarely have them. Buspar has worked great for me."

KellyBondGirl June 4, 2016

For Anxiety "Buspar lifted the anxiety ever so gently. I take 3 10 mg tablets per day and it's only $6 per month when prescribed that way. 2 15mg pills a day was $45. As if the relief from anxiety wasn't wonderful enough, after the first 3 years I went from getting plastered with viruses, to just 1 or 2 a year. Think about it...anxiety causes the brain to send out massive amounts of cortisol and adrenaline, which seriously compromises your immune system. Less cortisol & adrenaline equals a stronger immune system. Then there's the enhanced sexual experience for a percentage of us...and that's a little personal, but very appreciated!"

valj (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 26, 2016

For Panic Disorder "Took buspar for the first time yesterday. My PTSD has been growing into agoraphobia slowly and it has been debilitating. Started 7.5mg of the buspar and not even and hour later, I was walking like a drunk, felt like my entire body was being zapped if I moved my neck or head. I was so dizzy I had to take a nap. Decided maybe I'd be better with the night time dose. Took it before bed, fell asleep, and woke up every two hours. Ended up wetting the bed (not an issue I've had ever) and still too damned dizzy to get up. I'm in my mid twenties. This medication doesn't help me and I'd rather stay on the Clonazepam."

Pandoras Box April 28, 2016

For Anxiety "I initially was prescribed this a few months ago at 10 mg 3xd, but it made me headachy and almost made my anxiety worse, so I quit taking it. I cannot take benzos, and recently am having more problems with anxiety, so I'm trying it at 5 mg 3xd. Now I see what others have been talking positively about. It's very subtle, but apparently I was just taking too much for my system before. So far, so good."

8901l (taken for less than 1 month) April 25, 2016

For Anxiety "I was taking ativan from a friend for my slight anxiety issue. It was 1mg I stopped it for two weeks started getting weird feelings in my head. Then had panic attack for the first time. Turns out I'm addicted to the ativan. My doctor gave me .5 ativan didn't stop the attacks and couldn't function right. I had to take a full 1 mg to function. When ever I don't take it I get a panic attack. Well my PcP gave me buspar and been doing better. I been on it two days he wants me to take 15 mg four times a day but that's too much I take 7.5 and feel normal. Taking a full 15 mg is a no no. But at the right dosage it works. Hopefully soon to kick the ativan out. Of missed worked because of this ativan problem. I don't suggest taking any benzodiazepines."

Guyver91 (taken for less than 1 month) April 23, 2016

For Panic Disorder "Just got prescribed busbar I take 30mg x2 daily (60mg) I'm 26 suffer from panic attacks and ptsd. For the short time I been on the medication it seems to cut the edge when taken with xanax 1mg 3x a day. Hope to the person reading this it will help. Panic can ruin live's an it's crazy to see so many doctors on negative about benzos. "

James1417 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 22, 2016

For Anxiety "I began taking buspar about six weeks ago. I am not a fan of benzos because they are addictive, I prefer to function with a clear head rather than popping a pill that sedates me so badly that maybe I'm not feeling my anxiety, but I'm also not living my life or doing much else either. Buspar has changed my life, I had completely forgotten what it was like to have a quiet mind until now. My obsessive thoughts subsided, I can leave my house without fear, I can speak to my friends and to strangers without profusely sweating and trembling, and I can drive again now that I'm not so easily stimulated. It takes a few weeks to feel the full effect, so hang in there if you just began."

Callico4215 April 20, 2016

150 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "This medicine is a waste of time ... to be honest or might be a placebo because it doesn't work !!!! The first time I took it , I made myself believe it worked but it doesn't .... I'm going back on my old combo Klonipin and seroquel.... Can't deal with this anymore longer !!!!! Save your time , energy , and extra anxiety "

Koko800 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 19, 2016

For Anxiety "Helps so much."

AprilCreations (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 10, 2016

For Anxiety "I was suffering from such bad anxiety that I felt desperate. I wanted it gone so I waited the six weeks it took to get into a psychiatrist. She prescribed me Buspar and within the first day the meds started to kick in. I took the first dose and then the second as she prescribed me 5mg twice a day to start. I could feel the chemicals in my brain changing and suppressing the anxiety and it was a relief! Let me warn you though, anyone with true anxiety also suffers from depression too so once the anxiety is taken care of with Buspar the depression comes on so much stronger! I'm on Zoloft and Buspar. Used to just be on Paxil until it stopped working."

cardigon1 (taken for less than 1 month) April 5, 2016

For Panic Disorder "I suffer from anxiety/panic disorder and I was given Buspar 10 MG twice daily. I felt very light headed and like I had a constant head rush. My Dr tried increasing the dose to 20mg twice daily and with that I couldn't keep my eyes open. I had to nap for 2 to 3 hours. It was just awful. After nearly 4 weeks of being on this medication, I have insisted that I been taken off of it. I am on 5 MG twice a day for today and tomorrow and then I'll be done with it and I hope the side effects go away soon. Just an awful experience."

DCD79 (taken for less than 1 month) March 31, 2016

For Anxiety "I suffer from anxiety,depression and PTSD. This medicine has proven to be a great alternative over a benzo. Being non habit forming is the best par . I do get headaches and fatigue but it is better then the side effects associated with benzo. I recommend this to anyone looking for a non addictive alternative to zanex"

Jessika N March 18, 2016