User Reviews for BuSpar

Panic Disorder 34 reviews 19 medications

5.9
Summary of BuSpar reviews 332 reviews 6.2

Reviews for BuSpar

For Anxiety "I'm taking buspar for anxiety that I'm having due to an injury. I broke my wrist about 8 weeks ago, and I am in a cast from the tip of my thumb to just below the elbow. My Dr. told me I might be in this cast for 12 weeks or significantly longer. I started having bad anxiety and panic attacks. So my family Dr. put me on buspar and zoloft for the duration of being in a cast. So far it hasn't seemed to help very much, 7.5 mg twice daily. I'm hoping that it will start helping with the anxiety. I do feel a little light headed and I'm always tried. This isn't my first broken bone or cast, but this is the first time I've ever experienced anxiety."

Alex 5000 (taken for less than 1 month) May 20, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "I have debilitating anxiety which keeps me from leaving the house many days. Before, I would cry almost daily, even when life was going better. The little things tore me apart. With the buspar... it's like I'm getting "moments" back. I still get anxious sometimes, but I have occasional periods of feeling. ... normal. Clear. Simple, natural interactions with family and friends are possible again. As time goes on, I'm experiencing more and more "moments" of real life again, or, life before anxiety. Multiple friends have told me I seem much happier. Though I don't particularly think of myself as suddenly " all sunshine and roses", I feel like I have my life back. I'm actually living again."

J.bohannon May 7, 2017

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "I am taking the buspar but it making me feel too relaxed and giving me worse anxiety. My whole body is tingly and I have a huge headache I don't have anything else that to take but I am so afraid to take it - it is Saturday I can't get a hold of my dr. I just don't what to anymore anyone have any ideas"

Kim rojas April 22, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "I started on 5 mg for anxiety caused by my OCD. I got bumped to 7.5 and within 3 days could feel some of the terrible anxiety burn I get in my upper back go away. A month went by and I had a terrible setback with depression because I could no longer could deal with my panic & OCD. Doctor bumped me to 10 mg. Same pattern occurred.... within 3 days I was feeling better. In fact, had the best day in a while. It might just be a coincidence and therapy might be helping in conjunction with, but I notice Buspar does help with my extreme anxiety, but only when I went above 5 mg. I have not noticed any side effects. I'm also taking zoloft, zyprexa 2.5, and klonipin .25. I have endured a lot with panic attacks, OCD, and depression hence all the meds."

kytrailhikers April 15, 2017

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "So, I give this 7 out of 10. I'd give it 10 out of 10, but the first week on this was really uncomfortable. I almost stopped using it. I started out at 10 mg buspar once a day and then after a week increased to 10 twice a day . The first week, I won't lie, was a doozy. My psych said that her patients either love it or hate it and it's pretty much 50/50 with little gray area. But since it's inexpensive, been around for a while, and is pretty safe, she likes that to be the first option when dealing with GAD. Fair. The first week, I was really, really dizzy. Felt a bit fuzzy in the head. kind of jumpy. I had to pull over while driving and sit down for a bit. BUT after about two weeks. Whoah. My life is changed. I'm no longer so anxious!!"

DancingPrancingBearwithAnxiety April 14, 2017

24 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "I'm on the fence about this medication, I used it for generalized anxiety disorder which was exacerbated after my mother passed away unexpectedly. Well I have to say, I was shaky like I was just as anxious, so I though it was the anxiety, so I stopped the medication after 6 months and I am not shaky anymore, I also feel like everything is clearer. I was on a very light dose 2.5mg three times a day. Maybe I did not take enough. So he gave me Lexapro, which I have not started, I am holding out, when I get anxious I take a half of a .25 xanax and it keeps the anxiety away. So if I was to say I don't think this medication helped very much. Maybe at a higher dose, I don't know. I am skeptical about taking anything like this."

toomuchanxiety April 6, 2017

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "Works well in combination with an SSRI. I stopped Buspar due to drowsiness and immediate weight gain. I experienced increased appetite and wanted to eat constantly. I was diagnosed with Adult Attention Deficit Disorder without Hyperactivity. I currently take Adderall, low dose Wellbutrin XL, and low dose Prozac. The Prozac and Wellbutrin XL assist in alleviating depressive symptoms during the winter months. Everyone is unique. Talk to your doctor; follow their advice."

Mattican April 4, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "Cannot see any difference in depression"

gub March 26, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "Didn't do anything but make me tired.. started at 15mg and went all the way up to 60mg with no improvement."

ChrisPBacon (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 26, 2017

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "I think buspar is working really well for me.. I also take zoloft and its a great combination so far. I do get a little dizzy but my anxiety was so bad that I'd rather be a little dizzy than anxious.."

Mmjr (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 22, 2017

28 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "Have had anxiety for many years, have tried numerous meds and none worked for long. Because of numerous surgeries I have a high drug tolerance and sometimes weird reactions. After taking Cymbalta for 3 years the excessive sweating just became too much, I am now on Lexapro and was using Clonazapan when an attack would start,concerned about addiction to Clonazapan my doctor suggested Buspar. I started with 7.5 twice a day did not feel much until starting the third week then 10mg 3xs a day. Did have side effects but was encouraged to wait 4wks, so glad I did. 1st time in years and I mean years, I feel like the old me, sleep through the night, no side effects. I encourage you to wait and see before you give up on it, for me well worth it."

Finally Me (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 18, 2017

64 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Panic Disorder "Probably the worse drug ever made. No help at all from panic attacks or anxiety. Tried the drug for months and all I got from it was vertigo."

ann445 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 1, 2017

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "Have been on Buspar for a few months, and I like it a lot! It has made severe and paralyzing anxiety lift to a manageable level, even while taking a low dosage of 10 mg daily. My Dr. told me that I can increase the dosage, since in taking so little it doesn't rid me of anxiety completely (no med can). But I noticed that when I upped my dose my appetite came back more than I would have liked. Essentially, I think it works to strengthen my SSRI (sertraline); and I did have dizziness when I first started and felt pretty bad, but that's common for anti-anxieties and usually goes away as your body gets used to it. I do still find however after I take my morning dose (usually) with coffee I do feel a bit woozy but it usually wears off quickly."

soybeant February 24, 2017

45 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "This stuff is HORRIBLE. Made me very irritated/jumpy/even more anxious. Felt like my mind was racing...felt even more overwhelmed. This is the worst stuff I've been on yet..I had to stop taking it because I couldn't even function right. This stuff is really, really bad.. doc put me on Lexapro today hopefully that helps!!"

AmberLP February 21, 2017

26 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "I've been on bupropion for depression several years with dry mouth being the only side effect. Panic attacks started a couple of years ago. Take Xanax and it works great for me. Last year the panic attacks started occurring more often with severe anxiety this past fall. I didn't want to get addicted to Xanax by taking several times or more a week. Started Buspirone 7.5 mg 2/x per day. I felt relief from my anxiety in about 3 weeks, but around 8-10 week mark I felt like it contributed to weight gain and bloating . Taking 7.5 only once a day lessened side effects. However 3mo. now weight gain is 5-6 lbs (a lot for 5'1"), bloated and water retention none of which is reducing with proper diet, exercise and increased water intake."

AnnieTdub February 15, 2017

32 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "I left a review awhile back, but now I have to revise it. When I first started taking Buspar I was happy with it, but then it stopped working for me. I'm now on the max dosage of 60 mg. I take 30 mg in the morning & 30 mg in the evening, but it is not helping me at all. I still have very bad anxiety, panic attacks & paranoia. Since it isn't doing anything for me I will probably stop taking it."

~*Melanie*~ (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 15, 2017

26 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "I've had panic and general anxiety for years. It's been exacerbated by hormonal changes and menopause, and I've had major trouble getting a full night's sleep. I have used Xanax occasionally and love the way it eliminates my anxiety, but I don't want to get addicted. My doc had me try a low dose Buspar and it didn't work for me at all. Gave me a horrendous headache, very very painful. I tried it for about three days and had the same experience every time. I had to stop taking it since this side effect was debilitating. I was hoping it would work for me, and so glad it works for others. Just putting my experience out there in case others have this problem. I'm trying Celexa now instead and have learned to limit Xanax usage."

Unknown Celebrity (taken for less than 1 month) February 2, 2017

27 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "I've long used BuSpar, and it is an odd duck. Alone, it did little, but in combination with other meds it's amazing. Particularly SSRIs. It seems to amplify other meds, from painkillers to Prozac. It's not something I'm afraid to take, the boost is subtle but it definitely helps my anxiety slip away. I've not noticed any sick withdrawal efffects, being off it once for 2 months. I take 30 mg/day in two 15 mg doses."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 30, 2017

39 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "I started Buspar because I was having anxiety with the horrendous pain from gallbladder attacks. I started out at 7.5 for three days and then was supposed to advance to 15 mg. During the week of starting this, I had to have an emergency surgery for my gallbladder. When I was finally able to take this consistently, I found that I suffered from insomnia, felt restless and nervous, dizzy, and down right horrible. I have taken it less than a week and I have an appointment to see the doctor tomorrow. If I stop taking this, will I have withdrawal symptoms? Or should I do this gradually? My gallbladder symptoms are gone and my body feels great after the surgery. Any suggestions?"

Why Me? January 16, 2017

21 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "I've been on Buspar for 7 days, and I have already noticed that my life-long intrusive thoughts/rumination have died down a lot. I have also noticed a decrease in social anxiety. I'm taking 15mg a day, 7.5 morning/evening. I wasn't on anything before, so I have nothing to compare to but my untreated state."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 15, 2017

51 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "Needed something for severe anxiety and this worked really well at first. I was amazed at how well it worked for the first month and then it all went downhill from there which is strange because I have read it takes a month to work in some people. Was taking 2 doses a day and it worked great but it was short lived. Tried 3 doses a day and that only made it worse. Just felt horrible on it after a couple of months. Maybe it will work for you but it was not for me"

Toil (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 6, 2017

30 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "I started taking buspar about 2 months ago. I started having "brain zaps" and I thought it was temporary. It was not. I started getting water retention and I wanted to eat more than usual. I also was extremely irritable constantly. I was told to take 5mg twice daily. I started with half a pill then after a week the whole pill 2x daily. I since then I decreased my dose to half. Now I'm off completely. All of the side effects have stopped almost immediately. No brain zaps, irritability decreased slowly, and water retention stopped. This pill didn't do anything except all of the bad. On the positive side - getting off of it does not give you severe withdrawal."

Experience1416 January 6, 2017

21 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "I have Epilepsy as well as Generalized Anxiety Disorder. I have been taking Klonopin and my Doctor is concerned about addictive behavior, so she put me on Buspar and decreased Klonopin. After the first dose, I had a massive panic attack (which can trigger seizures) so I also had a seizure in which I had to go to the E.R for. It also made my hands and feet sweaty, I was shaky all over, and always anxious. I was very appreciative that my doctor let me get off of Buspirone because it is just awful! I would not recommend it to anyone, especially patients who have epilepsy!"

Sari865 (taken for less than 1 month) January 4, 2017

21 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "I'm a 32 year old male and I've been taking buspar for about 10 months. At first it did nothing but make my anxiety worse. I would wake up with to full blown panic attacks and have the worse nightmares ever. However I'm now taking 40mg of citaloptam a day mixed with the buspar 15mg and 1mg of xanax twice a day. And Zanax! I have insomnia mixed with with deep anxiety issues. The problem that I have is the buspar makes me so fat! I'm literally considering stop taking it and just see of the other meds can help. Buspar Alone is no substitution for anxiety drug and wouldn't recommend it..."

Here4u2 December 31, 2016

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "Good medicine"

Ddavisyyy December 30, 2016