User Reviews for BuSpar

Panic Disorder 34 reviews 19 medications

5.9
Summary of BuSpar reviews 323 reviews 6.2

Reviews for BuSpar

For Anxiety "I think buspar is working really well for me.. I also take zoloft and its a great combination so far. I do get a little dizzy but my anxiety was so bad that I'd rather be a little dizzy than anxious.."

Mmjr (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 22, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "Have had anxiety for many years, have tried numerous meds and none worked for long. Because of numerous surgeries I have a high drug tolerance and sometimes weird reactions. After taking Cymbalta for 3 years the excessive sweating just became too much, I am now on Lexapro and was using Clonazapan when an attack would start,concerned about addiction to Clonazapan my doctor suggested Buspar. I started with 7.5 twice a day did not feel much until starting the third week then 10mg 3xs a day. Did have side effects but was encouraged to wait 4wks, so glad I did. 1st time in years and I mean years, I feel like the old me, sleep through the night, no side effects. I encourage you to wait and see before you give up on it, for me well worth it."

Finally Me (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 18, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Panic Disorder "Probably the worse drug ever made. No help at all from panic attacks or anxiety. Tried the drug for months and all I got from it was vertigo."

ann445 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 1, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "Have been on Buspar for a few months, and I like it a lot! It has made severe and paralyzing anxiety lift to a manageable level, even while taking a low dosage of 10 mg daily. My Dr. told me that I can increase the dosage, since in taking so little it doesn't rid me of anxiety completely (no med can). But I noticed that when I upped my dose my appetite came back more than I would have liked. Essentially, I think it works to strengthen my SSRI (sertraline); and I did have dizziness when I first started and felt pretty bad, but that's common for anti-anxieties and usually goes away as your body gets used to it. I do still find however after I take my morning dose (usually) with coffee I do feel a bit woozy but it usually wears off quickly."

soybeant February 24, 2017

22 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "This stuff is HORRIBLE. Made me very irritated/jumpy/even more anxious. Felt like my mind was racing...felt even more overwhelmed. This is the worst stuff I've been on yet..I had to stop taking it because I couldn't even function right. This stuff is really, really bad.. doc put me on Lexapro today hopefully that helps!!"

AmberLP February 21, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "I've been on bupropion for depression several years with dry mouth being the only side effect. Panic attacks started a couple of years ago. Take Xanax and it works great for me. Last year the panic attacks started occurring more often with severe anxiety this past fall. I didn't want to get addicted to Xanax by taking several times or more a week. Started Buspirone 7.5 mg 2/x per day. I felt relief from my anxiety in about 3 weeks, but around 8-10 week mark I felt like it contributed to weight gain and bloating . Taking 7.5 only once a day lessened side effects. However 3mo. now weight gain is 5-6 lbs (a lot for 5'1"), bloated and water retention none of which is reducing with proper diet, exercise and increased water intake."

AnnieTdub February 15, 2017

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "I left a review awhile back, but now I have to revise it. When I first started taking Buspar I was happy with it, but then it stopped working for me. I'm now on the max dosage of 60 mg. I take 30 mg in the morning & 30 mg in the evening, but it is not helping me at all. I still have very bad anxiety, panic attacks & paranoia. Since it isn't doing anything for me I will probably stop taking it."

~*Melanie*~ (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 15, 2017

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "I've had panic and general anxiety for years. It's been exacerbated by hormonal changes and menopause, and I've had major trouble getting a full night's sleep. I have used Xanax occasionally and love the way it eliminates my anxiety, but I don't want to get addicted. My doc had me try a low dose Buspar and it didn't work for me at all. Gave me a horrendous headache, very very painful. I tried it for about three days and had the same experience every time. I had to stop taking it since this side effect was debilitating. I was hoping it would work for me, and so glad it works for others. Just putting my experience out there in case others have this problem. I'm trying Celexa now instead and have learned to limit Xanax usage."

Unknown Celebrity (taken for less than 1 month) February 2, 2017

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "I've long used BuSpar, and it is an odd duck. Alone, it did little, but in combination with other meds it's amazing. Particularly SSRIs. It seems to amplify other meds, from painkillers to Prozac. It's not something I'm afraid to take, the boost is subtle but it definitely helps my anxiety slip away. I've not noticed any sick withdrawal efffects, being off it once for 2 months. I take 30 mg/day in two 15 mg doses."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 30, 2017

23 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "I started Buspar because I was having anxiety with the horrendous pain from gallbladder attacks. I started out at 7.5 for three days and then was supposed to advance to 15 mg. During the week of starting this, I had to have an emergency surgery for my gallbladder. When I was finally able to take this consistently, I found that I suffered from insomnia, felt restless and nervous, dizzy, and down right horrible. I have taken it less than a week and I have an appointment to see the doctor tomorrow. If I stop taking this, will I have withdrawal symptoms? Or should I do this gradually? My gallbladder symptoms are gone and my body feels great after the surgery. Any suggestions?"

Why Me? January 16, 2017

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "I've been on Buspar for 7 days, and I have already noticed that my life-long intrusive thoughts/rumination have died down a lot. I have also noticed a decrease in social anxiety. I'm taking 15mg a day, 7.5 morning/evening. I wasn't on anything before, so I have nothing to compare to but my untreated state."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 15, 2017

36 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "Needed something for severe anxiety and this worked really well at first. I was amazed at how well it worked for the first month and then it all went downhill from there which is strange because I have read it takes a month to work in some people. Was taking 2 doses a day and it worked great but it was short lived. Tried 3 doses a day and that only made it worse. Just felt horrible on it after a couple of months. Maybe it will work for you but it was not for me"

Toil (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 6, 2017

24 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "I started taking buspar about 2 months ago. I started having "brain zaps" and I thought it was temporary. It was not. I started getting water retention and I wanted to eat more than usual. I also was extremely irritable constantly. I was told to take 5mg twice daily. I started with half a pill then after a week the whole pill 2x daily. I since then I decreased my dose to half. Now I'm off completely. All of the side effects have stopped almost immediately. No brain zaps, irritability decreased slowly, and water retention stopped. This pill didn't do anything except all of the bad. On the positive side - getting off of it does not give you severe withdrawal."

Experience1416 January 6, 2017

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "I have Epilepsy as well as Generalized Anxiety Disorder. I have been taking Klonopin and my Doctor is concerned about addictive behavior, so she put me on Buspar and decreased Klonopin. After the first dose, I had a massive panic attack (which can trigger seizures) so I also had a seizure in which I had to go to the E.R for. It also made my hands and feet sweaty, I was shaky all over, and always anxious. I was very appreciative that my doctor let me get off of Buspirone because it is just awful! I would not recommend it to anyone, especially patients who have epilepsy!"

Sari865 (taken for less than 1 month) January 4, 2017

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "I'm a 32 year old male and I've been taking buspar for about 10 months. At first it did nothing but make my anxiety worse. I would wake up with to full blown panic attacks and have the worse nightmares ever. However I'm now taking 40mg of citaloptam a day mixed with the buspar 15mg and 1mg of xanax twice a day. And Zanax! I have insomnia mixed with with deep anxiety issues. The problem that I have is the buspar makes me so fat! I'm literally considering stop taking it and just see of the other meds can help. Buspar Alone is no substitution for anxiety drug and wouldn't recommend it..."

Here4u2 December 31, 2016

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "Good medicine"

Ddavisyyy December 30, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "This drug is awful. My Dr. took me off my klonopin because she was worried about addictive behavior. This drug i only took ! time and will not take again. It made me very dizzy, sick to my stomach, my hear was racing. It basically gave me the worst panic attack I've ever had. Odd since this is supposed to be for anxiety. I understand the risk with taking benzos but it the only thing that has ever helped me. I would recomend never taking buspar."

Art J December 21, 2016

26 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Panic Disorder "I have been on Zoloft for 11 years. I have severe panic disorder and anxiety. I brought my Zoloft from 150 to 25mg during my pregnancy, all seemed well until after I gave birth and all my happy hormones wore off. Major postpartum depression and anxiety kicked in. I immediately went up to 150mg of Zoloft but that was not doing the trick. My doctor kept telling me to take buspar but since I tried to many medications before finding Zoloft fitting, I was scared to add something else. After a year of this roller coaster, I gave in, I tried 5mg of buspar at night, I woke up the next day and actually left my house. It is like day and night. I started at 5mg only at night then went to 5mg day and night. Don't worry to try it if you are scared!"

Anna V December 12, 2016

41 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "Geeze. I started buspar 2 weeks ago in hospital. They had me taking 5mg twice a day. My psyc said too take three times a day because I have come off adavan. My issue is, the first dise works great, the second one I take at 6:00 knocks me on my butt after I eat. Literally I become kinda lathargic, I am also med sensitive. Help please"

fancyfree (taken for less than 1 month) December 10, 2016

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "I am always hungry since starting Buspar and getting fat! But it does help with anxiety. Doctor denies it can cause weight gain. How can I stop gaining weight and lose??"

Leanna114 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 26, 2016

34 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "I have severe panic disorder for years now. I've been taken off ativan and put on buspar, 15mg 3 times a day. I feel amazing. no full blown panic attacks in weeks, thats a true miracle for me. my appetite is low, and I'm losing much needed weight. I'm also on neurontin for anxiety, lexapro for anxiety and depression. I have to say, this is the best I've felt in over 10 years. this buspar works for me, amazing drug."

mamaturtles (taken for less than 1 month) November 26, 2016

53 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "I tried buspar in addition to 200mg of zoloft. it was meant to enhance the zoloft. Unfortunately , it didn't work for me. I was on it for about 5 months, and during that time i kept having on and off discomfort , like my heart was beating harder,my stomach was always really bloated, my body heat would rise and I'd have a hard time cooling down. The symptoms were so mild I didn't really pay much attention to it, but after a while i got tired of the negative side effects and decided to call it quits. Almost immediately after i stopped taking the medication, all of those negative symptoms went away so I definitely know it was the buspar. if anyone has similar side effects, just stop the medication after two weeks max, its not worth it."

sudoku November 24, 2016

24 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "I was just wondering what does everyone started out at, and if and when they knew to increase. I am currently at 5mg 2x day, I originally started out just taking 5mgs once a day at night, and then just recently increased to 5mgs 2xs a day. I know that is has helped, but i am still waking up anxious, and having some breakthrough anxiety in the day. I was wondering how others increased their does, and how they knew when they were at the right does for them."

AnxietySucks15 November 17, 2016

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "I can say, Buspar (Buspirone) has helped me. I am also on 40 mg Citalopram once day and 5 mg Buspar twice daily. I have experienced way less anxiety, able to enjoy life better."

Mrs. L November 14, 2016

27 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "Buspar (or buspirone hydrochloride) works very well for me. I have severe social anxiety and i never could talk to people. It's still weird sometimes talking to people but i don't feel as nervous while I'm talking or when people i don't know start a conversation with me. I was taking xanax before but that wasn't working. Buspar works much better and is much safer in my opinion. I take 60 mgs a day, 15 mgs in the morning, 15mgs in the afternoon and 30mgs in the evening. It's very effective."

Boscovitch November 13, 2016