User Reviews for BuSpar

BuSpar Rating Summary

6.3/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 177 medications used in the treatment of Anxiety.

Reviews for BuSpar to treat Anxiety

"I've always had crippling anxiety. This medication relieves me from my anxiety without taking a scheduled medication (Xanax, Valium, Ativan, etc) and coming up in a drug screen. This medication hasn't taken my anxiety totally away (and everyone has a normal amount of anxiety), but it has diminished significantly. I've had no side effects while on this medication (I take 60mg a day) and I've been taking it for about 6 years."

LA (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 12, 2018

"My Dr. prescribed Buspar 5 . I felt drugged with no energy. Now taking 2.5 twice a day and feel more relaxed and energetic. Experiment with different doses before you give up. The Dr. doesn't have a clue what dose you can tolerate as everyone is different"

joe August 8, 2018

"BuSpar has significantly reduced general anxiety in my life. The first couple weeks, I felt a little out of it, almost buzzed, especially when going from 10mg to 20mg, but nothing unmanageable. To this day, I still have this sporadic and strange eye pressure that comes after I take a pill, but it's usually gone within 15 minutes. BuSpar helped me through what otherwise would have probably been an extremely stressful divorce. The number of thoughts of imagined scenarios that rarely happen have been eliminated to almost zero. I'm also much more social and as such, confident. It hasn't helped with some things like adrenaline and subsequent anxiety from things like public speaking, but that's why there's Xanax. It's not a cure all, but it's still 10/10 if you have general anxiety."

It Works (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 22, 2018

"It works alright on my days off when I'm not doing much. But when I have a busy day and I have to be out in public it doesn't do much at all for my anxiety."

AllyGator09 (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 1, 2018

"They recently increased my dosage by only 5 mg. With disastrous results. Big increase in anxiety attacks. Bad Drug. Caused me to experience 5 anxiety attacks in 24 Hours! A new record for the number of anxiety attacks that I’ve ever had in 24 Hours! And they want to slowly increase it to 60 mg a Day. No way! Feel like rubbish! And that’s just with a small increase!"

Wheels (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 27, 2018

"Definitely curbs my generalized anxiety, and helps with my social anxiety, it’s not a cure all, as I still have insomnia but it has definitely improved my quality of life. SSRIs never worked for me because I felt like my depression was rooted in anxiety and not the other way around, plus SSRIs gave me panic attacks and so did trazadone after two weeks. I take 1/2 a 7.5 as soon as I wake up and then I take another half again a couple hours later then a whole one a couple hours before bed. The first two or thee days it made me feel slightly funny but it’s definitely beginning to level off and I’m definitely much more content, less rumination, and a general feeling of well-being this far..."

oe_cm (taken for less than 1 month) June 15, 2018

"I have been down a long road. I had gotten inappropriate sinus tachycardia with stopping a beta blocker. And was put in another heart medicine to control my heart rate with less weaning side effects. Anyways they diagnosed me IST (Inappropriate Sinus Tachycardia). But since being off the medicine my heart rate has been fine. Not over 100 bpm. Anyways took 2.5 mg of buspar last night and my heart rate has been under control. I just want to cry cause I haven't seen my heart normal without being on a heart medicine even then it didn't really help much. I guess I found my miracle drug and my heart rate was due to anxiety since doctors give me high anxiety and panic"

Cassyroach91 (taken for less than 1 month) May 23, 2018

"I'm on 15mgs of Buspar a day, its been 2 months and its not working that well. It evens me out a little but I still get anxiety attacks. I'm also gaining weight because of sugar cravings."

Jessie (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 15, 2018

"Quit drinking cold turkey after 2 years of life altering changes. Never had anxiety. Well I do now. Crippling scary moments only about midday. Morning and evening I'm fine which is weird. Was scared to death to take a med like this because other than high BP I'm good to go. Broke down and tried one 5mg dose. About an hour later I felt smooth. Was told 5mg 12 hours. I take 5mg 3 times a day. Usually every 4 hours so 15mg. 4 months sober and a month after starting Buspar it's a life saver for me. I've read that it doesn't work for everybody and everybody I'd different I understand. But it has done the trick for me so far. I tried every vitamin concoction and drink known to man with no luck. It made me very dizzy the fist couple weeks. Now I don't even notice taking it except feeling more calm. Not recommending taking it like I do but it works for me."

Sluth (taken for less than 1 month) April 6, 2018

"I've had anxiety for several years with full blown panic attacks that have sent me to the ER. Fortunately, I've kept those at bay for the last year, but I still get anxiety at night. I finally decided to go to the doctor but didn't want a benzo. I was prescribed 15mg tabs, I take one at night...and it does absolutely nothing for my anxiety. If anything, it makes me a tad drowsy. Not what I was hoping for."

Eve (taken for less than 1 month) March 30, 2018

"Makes my anxiety tremendously worse, even after months of use! Don't believe the fake big pharma comments. This is not a replacement for any benzo, in any way! It is only 'known' to be 'effective' in general anxiety disorder. AFter my switch I couldn't sleep for a week, dehydrated, thought I was gonna die, so then they gave me Zoloft in conjunction with the buspar that I was already on for 2 months! The Zoloft made it even worse, I am surprised to be alive and writing this today."

PTSD March 27, 2018

"I have debilitating anxiety and paranoia. I hate valium, xanax etc as it causes me shocking depression and lose all motivation. I'm currently taking pristiq, seroquel and Armodifinil. After just a few days on 10 mg twice a day I feel so much better. I've stopped the morning dose as it was causing me to feel spaced out and numb until 2pm. Been on it now two weeks and all my physical anxiety (pounding heart, shortness of breath and irrational negative thoughts) has basically disappeared!! I feel so good I've even booked an overseas holiday soon. Something impossible before the Buspar. I love this medication it's changed my outlook in life :)"

Tonks March 21, 2018

"I can take 15mg three times a day but most of the time I only take two a day as I was told not to take after 6 pm. But it works for me great. I haven't had any side effects or anything. It keeps me relaxed and calm and even when I want to get upset I really cant. I thank God for this drug. Give it a try if you haven't."

Dimples42 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 13, 2018

"I was doing much better on Clonazepam. I believe therapy and medication has as much to do with having quality of life than to changing to another medication. I found that if my therapist had no experience with anxiety counselling, I didn't do well with that therapist."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 12, 2018

"I have narrow angle glaucoma and there are only two anti depressive/anti anxiety drugs that will not raise my eye pressure...wellbutrin and buspar. Wellbutrin tore up my stomach and upped my anxiety so after three months of that I switched to buspar. I must be very sensitive to drugs because even 5mg was too much and caused "brain zaps". I cut it in half and 2.5mg seems just right so far and it's only week two. I feel calmer and I intend to give this drug a chance to really work. Side effects are minimal and I take my second dose mid afternoon due to sleep issues if I take it in the evening. It doesn't do much for my depression but my depression is secondary to my anxiety. Like I said, I'm giving it a chance."

Coco958 (taken for less than 1 month) March 6, 2018

"Buspirone doesn't work near as well as Clonazepam. I was hopeful but hopeful does not stop my anxiety."

DanielJJ (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 14, 2018

"Buspar does the job better than other medication so far. Everything else has made me feel worse. The first couple of times I took this medication my heart rate increased and I felt dizzy. This went away after a couple of days taking it. It makes me sick to my stomach if I take it on an empty stomach, so I definitely recommend eating a meal right before you take a pill."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 13, 2018

"I started out taking 2 doses of 5 mg a day. The first few days I did notice a little mood boost but it didn’t last long. We raised my dose 5 more mg (15mg a day) and same thing but it went away. Didn’t help with my panic or separation anxiety. Did help with depersonalization. It made me tired, nauseous & gave diarrhea the first couple days. Those went away after that but it did give me a weird feeling about 45 minutes after taking each dose. I tapered off after 2-3 months."

listentobadsuns (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 6, 2018

"It's working fine for me so far"

Pam89 (taken for less than 1 month) February 2, 2018

"This was my first night of taking Buspar for anxiety 15 mg and it made it worst, I am tensed , I feel tingly , cold and jumpy. And I can’t sleep at all. I do not like this feeling at all. Worst feeling ever."

Aleese (taken for less than 1 month) January 30, 2018

"I've struggled with anxiety all of my life. I am also about to get tested for ADHD in my 40's. The Buspar has stopped the constant worry, but the focus issue and being scattered brained hasn't changed. My anxiety is definitely better. But it's all at a price. I feel emotionally numb. I don't really feel much anything. I'm could just sit and stare watching everyone life go by except for continuing to fidget and tapping my feet constantly. I'm on 5mg twice a day for two weeks now. Its nice to have relief from the anxiety but my fidgety mind is trapped in this sluggish emotional state. My heart and my head feel like two separate entities strangely. And my dreams are so vivid I feel like I'm in something as real as when I'm awake. I dreamed I in an earthquake, tsunami and I saw my dog get bit in the face by a gigantic snake. I almost would rather deal with the anxiety. At least I felt normal."

Geeg January 28, 2018

"Horrible drug, made my anxiety worse! An hour after my second dose I became nauseous and had the spins bad."

Buspirone (taken for less than 1 month) January 11, 2018

"DO NOT TAKE THIS CRAP! My experience was so bad I actually turned to Burboun to get me out of this hole that buspar put me in. I can only explain it like this: take the most familiar place to you and suddenly this place you know so well doesn't look the same. Like all the furniture got rearranged but nothing moved. Like your home was relocated to the twilight zone. Not cool. Neither are these people who are taking people off meds that work and handing out garbage like this to save their own skin."

Knight2000 (taken for less than 1 month) January 5, 2018

"It took away my ability to sleep. I didn’t notice anything more."

Trichlie (taken for less than 1 month) January 2, 2018

"I have been suffering from SEVERE anxiety all of my life. It was debilitating for me, people around would never know I was experiencing it because I would make myself losing and look happy, when really I was full of anxious energy and worry. I worried about EVERYTHING. Death mostly. It was obsessive. I never wanted try medicine so I just kept dealing with it. Recently, it peaked to the point I could no longer handle it. After researching medications I decided to try BuSpar, specifically for anxiety. I know most do not see the benefits for at least 2 weeks, however, I’m on day two and I feel “normal”. I have never felt normalcy ever in my life. But I finally feel free of anxIety. I felt dizziness upon the first dose, nothing else yet."

AC WOOT December 15, 2017