User Reviews for BuSpar to treat Anxiety

BuSpar Rating Summary

6.3/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 164 medications used in the treatment of Anxiety.

Reviews for BuSpar

"Buspar was a missing puzzle piece for me. I take it with Prozac and between the two, it has worked wonders. I highly recommend it with an antidepressant."

BPD (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 13, 2019

"Because of trouble been prescribe klonopin from doctors, I decide to wean out this medicine. I was 1.5 mg daily for 25 years and took me 6 months to get it out from my system. My new doctor prescribed buspar in low dose first and then 10 mg x 3 daily. 2 months before I finished Klonopin , all my troubles come back with vengeance. I developed tinnitus , my voice was weak and slurred. Buspar gave me very bad dizziness, bad balance ,heaviness on upper trunk and my legs. I was on buspar for 2 months and I put up with these horrible side effects hoping that time will make go away. I decided to go back to klonopin and after 2 days I was a new man , I also take Zoloft . I’m not saying that all my problems are over but at list I can go by and have my daily walks with no problems. Buspar works for most but not for me. Good luck guys. "

Jack (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 27, 2019

"I had been taking Effexor and Buspar through the VA along with Clonazepam. I told doc I'd like to get off the Benzos, so I was left with Effexor. Recently I ran out of the Effexor and if you know anything about the VA, they make you come back in every time your refills run out. Even after you've been on it for years. Needless to say, I'm sick of the run-around garbage and bad service that is what veterans deal with. Ended the Effexor. Buspar made me sweat like a pig especially at night in bed. I quit it cold turkey and I'm not looking back. The only thing I take is blood pressure meds. The VA will shove anything big pharma approves of down your throat. I say quit it all . Your life will be much happier, cheaper, and cleaner."

Aj January 20, 2019

"My new Dr. wanted me off Xanax .05 twice a day and to take Buspirone instead. I have been on anti depressant Effexor for 14 years. I am on Gabepentian for severe sciatica and have Liver Chirrosis. So I have to be careful what I take. My medication was working great for me and then I started on Buspirone and in two days I became aggressive and then also felt buzzed and felt no way could I get behind the wheel of a car. This was a bad drug for me. Here the Dr. is against xanax which I take for anxiety .05 2x a day and it keeps me calm without feeling any dizziness etc and puts me on Buspirone which made my head feel drunk. I am recovered alcoholic for 5 years and this drug does not work for me at all. If it is used for drug addictions I can see why. It makes you feel high. I did not like the feeling or the headache I got the next day. I am going back to Dr."

trailblazer January 19, 2019

"I started taking Buspar 12/13/2018. 10mg twice daily, one at bedtime, along with a host of other medications including Klonopin for a chronic nerve pain condition , Percocet for arthritis, Fibromyalgia, and a ton of other stuff, Topimax for migraines and Trigeminial Neuralgia, a muscle relaxer, an antihistamine for my allergies and for insomnia and I don’t want to forget the stool softeners of course ! Well I felt like I was gonna loose my mind AGAIN ! My skin feels like bugs are crawling all over me, my scalp is a mess with scabs from scratching it . My TN. Is off the charts again and I can’t leave the house I’m so full of anxiety . I have a meltdown at 4:00 every day followed by 2-3 unscheduled every hour til I go to sleep. I can’t stand the face pain but my doc tells me not to stop because it takes time to work !"

Smm (taken for less than 1 month) January 2, 2019

"this drug does not work, end of story..."

jeff (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 28, 2018

"Taken for: GAD, potential panic disorder Did not help me, Side effects - strong. Immediate light headedness, would need to lay down for 30 mins to an hour Slightly reduced in intensity but did not subside for me, even after 3 months. Did not effectively treat anxiety (GAD)"

Matt446 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 18, 2018

"I have used Buspar for 10 yrs I take 60 mg by taking 20mg in morning 20mg in the afternoon and 20mg at bedtime. It helps me sleep and I have energy all day. My anxiety is never over a 1 on a scale of 1-10. I love this medication it goes well with my Viibryd 40mg."

Mak73 (taken for 10 years or more) November 15, 2018

"I started the medication for my anxiety and bipolar. The first dose was not bad, but the second dose it took my 2 hours before I could get up, I was so dizzy and light headed. Made my panic attacks worse and felt so spaced out. I have a terrible headache that keeps coming and going."

Worried (taken for less than 1 month) November 5, 2018

"My doctors were reluctant to put me on benzos because I had a brief history of drug use. They offered buspar as an alternative, it was one of if not the worst medication I’ve ever taken. It felt like Benadryl that created the most uncomfortable physical sensation and the only thing I could do was lay down in bed and wait for it to wear off. Not recommended."

PanchoVilla (taken for less than 1 month) October 14, 2018

"This medication has been a godsend for me. I'm unable to take SSRIs or SNRIs and had recently increased my dose of Wellbutrin XL (which had driven up my anxiety). The Buspar has significantly improved my anxiety symptoms and I find myself happier and more outgoing since starting it. It has mild sexual side effects on me but they are quite tolerable compared to what I have experienced in the past (if there's any chance a med like this will cause sexual side effects on somebody, I seem guaranteed to have them, no matter how small the chances). Buspar has also caused exertional headaches for me. I'm not a fan of needing to take it twice per day but it is a small tablet and easy enough to keep with me in a key fob."

fhjbcgjb (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 12, 2018

"This drug has been a miracle for me. I have all the symptoms of what one physician termed "profound anxiety." NO DOCTOR until I found the right psychiatrist had even mentioned this drug. I've tried a lot of both tricyclic and SSRI and SNRI meds. All they did was give me side effects that made me feel worse. The benzodiazepines are addictive and not for a long term fix since their side effects and lasting effects are not good for the aging brain (I'm 75.)"

Leporello (Don Giovanni's man) (taken for less than 1 month) September 22, 2018

"I am extremely thankful this drug exists. It has changed my life. I suffer from PTSD from a previous illness and it has relieved my anxiety, 5 years of muscle tension and given me a clear mind. Really mild side effects at 20MG a day."

A (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 20, 2018

"I actually felt a difference the second day but, it did take over a week to really work. I had severe anxiety from PTSD, after about 9 days on it....I feel so much better! Don't even need anti depressants now, honestly."

Liz (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 15, 2018

"Why do I not feel good in the morning but I do feel good in afternoon. Take same dosage of buspar in morning as in afternoon"

Sound mind September 12, 2018

"Did not really do anything except make me feel a bit dizzy, unfortunately."

baillie (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 30, 2018

"I was first prescribed Buspar a few years ago when my anxiety was much, much worse and neither my doctor nor I wanted me to start taking benzos. About a year into it I stopped taking it because it was making me a little too relaxed during the day, but I started it again last fall at a lower dose and I've only had positive experiences with it since. I will say it's probably more for milder GAD. I am now dealing with some pretty fresh PTSD after a violent assault a couple years ago and I've found the combination of Buspar and Lamictal to be perfect for this. I have a very high tolerance so I can't speak to any of the negative side effects, but I can say that this is milder than most but still effective enough to continue taking."

orangetoday (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 26, 2018

"30 mg day, age 70, female, white with lifelong chronic depression, +anxiety=bipolar. I have had 40 years of psych med, individual therapy & my 2 pm 10mg gets me thru day w/o suicidal thoughts. + 30 yrs drag as multiple personalities. Have tried it all"

Sllm (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 19, 2018

"I've always had crippling anxiety. This medication relieves me from my anxiety without taking a scheduled medication (Xanax, Valium, Ativan, etc) and coming up in a drug screen. This medication hasn't taken my anxiety totally away (and everyone has a normal amount of anxiety), but it has diminished significantly. I've had no side effects while on this medication (I take 60mg a day) and I've been taking it for about 6 years."

LA (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 12, 2018

"My Dr. prescribed Buspar 5 . I felt drugged with no energy. Now taking 2.5 twice a day and feel more relaxed and energetic. Experiment with different doses before you give up. The Dr. doesn't have a clue what dose you can tolerate as everyone is different"

joe August 8, 2018

"BuSpar has significantly reduced general anxiety in my life. The first couple weeks, I felt a little out of it, almost buzzed, especially when going from 10mg to 20mg, but nothing unmanageable. To this day, I still have this sporadic and strange eye pressure that comes after I take a pill, but it's usually gone within 15 minutes. BuSpar helped me through what otherwise would have probably been an extremely stressful divorce. The number of thoughts of imagined scenarios that rarely happen have been eliminated to almost zero. I'm also much more social and as such, confident. It hasn't helped with some things like adrenaline and subsequent anxiety from things like public speaking, but that's why there's Xanax. It's not a cure all, but it's still 10/10 if you have general anxiety."

It Works (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 22, 2018

"It works alright on my days off when I'm not doing much. But when I have a busy day and I have to be out in public it doesn't do much at all for my anxiety."

AllyGator09 (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 1, 2018

"They recently increased my dosage by only 5 mg. With disastrous results. Big increase in anxiety attacks. Bad Drug. Caused me to experience 5 anxiety attacks in 24 Hours! A new record for the number of anxiety attacks that I’ve ever had in 24 Hours! And they want to slowly increase it to 60 mg a Day. No way! Feel like rubbish! And that’s just with a small increase!"

Wheels (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 27, 2018

"Definitely curbs my generalized anxiety, and helps with my social anxiety, it’s not a cure all, as I still have insomnia but it has definitely improved my quality of life. SSRIs never worked for me because I felt like my depression was rooted in anxiety and not the other way around, plus SSRIs gave me panic attacks and so did trazadone after two weeks. I take 1/2 a 7.5 as soon as I wake up and then I take another half again a couple hours later then a whole one a couple hours before bed. The first two or thee days it made me feel slightly funny but it’s definitely beginning to level off and I’m definitely much more content, less rumination, and a general feeling of well-being this far..."

oe_cm (taken for less than 1 month) June 15, 2018

"I have been down a long road. I had gotten inappropriate sinus tachycardia with stopping a beta blocker. And was put in another heart medicine to control my heart rate with less weaning side effects. Anyways they diagnosed me IST (Inappropriate Sinus Tachycardia). But since being off the medicine my heart rate has been fine. Not over 100 bpm. Anyways took 2.5 mg of buspar last night and my heart rate has been under control. I just want to cry cause I haven't seen my heart normal without being on a heart medicine even then it didn't really help much. I guess I found my miracle drug and my heart rate was due to anxiety since doctors give me high anxiety and panic"

Cassyroach91 (taken for less than 1 month) May 23, 2018