User Reviews for BuSpar

Learn more about BuSpar.

BuSpar Rating Summary

6.6/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 189 medications used in the treatment of Anxiety.

Reviews for BuSpar to treat Anxiety

"It has done great for me. I used to "bite my kids' heads off" in the mornings and startle a lot easier, for examples. I can also take it in small doses at a time to keep from sleeping all day from the side effects."

W.S. (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 11, 2016

"was on 20 mg Cipralex then doctor added q 150 Buspar within 2 weeks my anxiety and depression got a lot worse, trouble sleeping and uncontrolled shaking Not for me"

Petros 141 July 4, 2016

"Started a 90 day prescription right after I had my daughter and it was horrible. Gave me anxiety and terrible panic attacks. I had to hop in a cold shower once. I felt as if I was gonna have a heart attack or my chest explode. Just got prescribed wellbutrin hoping to have better luck."

Vero94 June 21, 2016

"My anxiety was extremely bad and I had tried lexapro but the side effects for me were horrible; so my doctor started new on BuSpar. I've been on it now going on two weeks and I can say I do feel a slight difference. My anxiety is still there but not as bad... I'm still having attacks off and on but I'm going to stick with this and give it some more time. The only side effect I have is the dizziness but I've learned if I eat even just a piece of toast that it helps with that. Other than that no side effects. I say if your suffering give this a try and stick with it."

TJackson23 June 20, 2016

"I had depression for years and in that last 8 months that turned into anxiety that gave severe shoulder and abdominal pain , sweaty palms and pounding heart , ruined my career and my social life and affected my decision making . Finally after trying to fight it with out using medication I had to go see a doctor because I couldn't take it anymore , doctor gave me buspirone and recomanded 3x 5mg a day . I started with 1 5mg every 24 hours and I can tell a difference , I am calm and I sleep better . The physical pain is almost gone which I assume was happening due to surge of my stress hormones which are now under control . It has been 3 days of peace and quite and hope it stays this way ."

Yaz86 June 17, 2016

"One week on, started full dose yesterday. 30m. No side effects, and no haziness. I get slightly dizzy but doesn't interfere with walking. I have tried 3 others before this, And each time I had flu symptoms, couldn't leave the bathroom, couldn't work or take care of my children. This medicine has been nothing but great for me, I haven't had a headache or the tremors for a few days which is already life changing! I can focus, and I have slowly realized that my mind is quieting down:) if nothing has worked for you, please give this a try! No addiction to it they say.. I'm excited that I feel this great:) I can't wait to see what next week and the week after is. I'm looking forward to tomorrow, which is a foreign feeling. Good luck:)"

Busparinlove June 13, 2016

"Tried all the benzodiazepines with no luck. Then they tried Buspar and it changed my life."

kaube000 (taken for less than 1 month) June 8, 2016

"I am on Buspar and 5 milligrams once a day I feel that if I take it all at once and it does not work I am so lost because I can't stand this dizziness nausea in my stomach my feet feel like they're falling out from underneath me I really am lost the doctor wants me to stay on it but I do not want to up it because I feel like I keep going through these side effects over and over again every day due to the fact of it being Half-Life what do I do from here"

charscared (taken for less than 1 month) June 8, 2016

"I've been taking Buspar for a year. I feel like I can mange my life better when I'm on it. I can cope so much better with my life's stressors, especially the ones related to taking care of my daughter, who has autism. I used to get overwhelmed easily. With the busar I am more patient, not explosive or impulsive. Also, I used to have so many negative or catastrophic as automatic thoughts all the time. On Buspar I rarely have them. Buspar has worked great for me."

KellyBondGirl June 4, 2016

"Buspar lifted the anxiety ever so gently. I take 3 10 mg tablets per day and it's only $6 per month when prescribed that way. 2 15mg pills a day was $45. As if the relief from anxiety wasn't wonderful enough, after the first 3 years I went from getting plastered with viruses, to just 1 or 2 a year. Think about it...anxiety causes the brain to send out massive amounts of cortisol and adrenaline, which seriously compromises your immune system. Less cortisol & adrenaline equals a stronger immune system. Then there's the enhanced sexual experience for a percentage of us...and that's a little personal, but very appreciated!"

valj (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 26, 2016

"I initially was prescribed this a few months ago at 10 mg 3xd, but it made me headachy and almost made my anxiety worse, so I quit taking it. I cannot take benzos, and recently am having more problems with anxiety, so I'm trying it at 5 mg 3xd. Now I see what others have been talking positively about. It's very subtle, but apparently I was just taking too much for my system before. So far, so good."

8901l (taken for less than 1 month) April 25, 2016

"I was taking ativan from a friend for my slight anxiety issue. It was 1mg I stopped it for two weeks started getting weird feelings in my head. Then had panic attack for the first time. Turns out I'm addicted to the ativan. My doctor gave me .5 ativan didn't stop the attacks and couldn't function right. I had to take a full 1 mg to function. When ever I don't take it I get a panic attack. Well my PcP gave me buspar and been doing better. I been on it two days he wants me to take 15 mg four times a day but that's too much I take 7.5 and feel normal. Taking a full 15 mg is a no no. But at the right dosage it works. Hopefully soon to kick the ativan out. Of missed worked because of this ativan problem. I don't suggest taking any benzodiazepines."

Guyver91 (taken for less than 1 month) April 23, 2016

"I began taking buspar about six weeks ago. I am not a fan of benzos because they are addictive, I prefer to function with a clear head rather than popping a pill that sedates me so badly that maybe I'm not feeling my anxiety, but I'm also not living my life or doing much else either. Buspar has changed my life, I had completely forgotten what it was like to have a quiet mind until now. My obsessive thoughts subsided, I can leave my house without fear, I can speak to my friends and to strangers without profusely sweating and trembling, and I can drive again now that I'm not so easily stimulated. It takes a few weeks to feel the full effect, so hang in there if you just began."

Callico4215 April 20, 2016

124 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Helps so much."

AprilCreations (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 10, 2016

"I was suffering from such bad anxiety that I felt desperate. I wanted it gone so I waited the six weeks it took to get into a psychiatrist. She prescribed me Buspar and within the first day the meds started to kick in. I took the first dose and then the second as she prescribed me 5mg twice a day to start. I could feel the chemicals in my brain changing and suppressing the anxiety and it was a relief! Let me warn you though, anyone with true anxiety also suffers from depression too so once the anxiety is taken care of with Buspar the depression comes on so much stronger! I'm on Zoloft and Buspar. Used to just be on Paxil until it stopped working."

cardigon1 (taken for less than 1 month) April 5, 2016

"I suffer from anxiety,depression and PTSD. This medicine has proven to be a great alternative over a benzo. Being non habit forming is the best par . I do get headaches and fatigue but it is better then the side effects associated with benzo. I recommend this to anyone looking for a non addictive alternative to zanex"

Jessika N March 18, 2016

"I'm returning to Buspar after seven years off. Started having chronic anxiety attacks again after my wife's hysterectomy. Wish I could remember my old dosage. I tend to be drug sensitive and the 30 mg. dosage made me fuzzy. The PA that did this script was a little overzealous. Doing well on just the 15 mg. even if it is a self-adjusted dosage. After a few weeks I can have a talk with our MD and he'll probably leave it at 15 or 20."

MerricMaker (taken for less than 1 month) March 12, 2016

"My Dr. Prescribed due to it low dosage. And that I didn't want to take meds. I became so helpless after years of trying to cope with anxiety on my own, I finally reached a point where medicine was my only hope. It kicked in quickly, my obssesive thoughts stopped, then dosage would wear off so I started taking a higher dosage, then it made me become upset, super emo crying, not myself and finally realized it was buspar. Cut back dosage again. It made me tired all the time, couldn't concentrate, weird dreams, and loss of interest in things. Was not a good fit, I finally had to ask Dr for something else after a year it didn't work all together except for stopping obssesive thoughts. It also gave me brain zaps, memory loss, and space cadet syndr"

Worked and then stopped... (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 3, 2016

"I've been on Busiprone (10 mg twice a day) for about 2 weeks now and I have seen no improvement. My sleep is jacked up from it from either interupted sleep or vivid dreams. I dont think I'm going to continue to use it. Xanax seemed to be the only thing that has helped me so far.."

Snhende (taken for less than 1 month) March 3, 2016

"I started taking Buspar 5mg twice a day due to anxiety of my Mom being in the hospital. Let me tell you how it affects me...positively. I take it along with Prozac 20mg once a day and the combination works WONDERS for me. I take both in the morning and the Buspar in the afternoon around 4pm. What a difference!!"

Motorcityirish (taken for less than 1 month) February 26, 2016

"Diagnosed with general anxiety disorder. Would have obsessive thoughts non stop, losing sleep sometimes. Started taking buspar 5mg twice a day. Hands felt tingling and head a little cloudy but no other real side affect. Increased up to 10mg. Immediately saw improvement, no more obsessive thoughts that would normally slow me at my work. Been on it for almost a year now and have no side affects."

Sierra921 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 25, 2016

94 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I have had anxiety for 10 years and had given up all hope for a normal life. Last year i was prescribed Buspar 15mg a day and it did nothing for me. On one of my many visits to the mental hospital I was told to try bumping it up to 40mg. A week later I had my first anxiety free day. It's now been 7 months and I haven't had a single anxiety day. I have finally started to love again, I feel normal. My doctor said that because it's not addictive and doesn't lose its effects over time like Benzos I can continue to take it indefinitely so I will. If you're on it and it's not working perhaps you may need more For me it's finally given me my life back"

Edsterytt February 22, 2016

137 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Well this medication improved my mood related to possible social anxiety but on the 3 day of taking I had some psychosis related side effects in aggravation then started to get very hyper but depressed bad experience"

185303pharmacydude (taken for less than 1 month) February 22, 2016

"I connect so much with "Frustrated Fenway Fan"'s post..I have almost disabling anxiety. I started having panic attacks at eleven years old.....I am now 33. The entire time I was treated with Xanax which I NEVER once abused...my former doctor abruptly stopped prescribing it to me because he caught wind that I had spent a year and a half fighting an opiate addiction, Suboxone saved my life...but although that is all in the past and I don't even take that medication anymore....it is on my medical history! Now.NO ONE will prescribe me any sort of benzodiazepine. I have just been prescribed Buspar. I pray it works. I just want my life back."

murphy's law (taken for less than 1 month) February 18, 2016

"BEST medication I've ever taken for anxiety. I was skeptical to take it because of some negative reviews, but I figured, what the heck, what have I got to lose?? I plan on staying on buspar for a long long time. It's allowed me to be more outgoing and get involved more in social situations. Have a positive attitude, try it, and I think you'll love it too!"

G mc (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 18, 2016

107 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next