User Reviews for Buprenorphine / naloxone to treat Opiate Dependence

Also known as: Suboxone, Zubsolv, Bunavail, Cassipa

Buprenorphine/naloxone Rating Summary

8.2/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 26 medications used in the treatment of Opiate Dependence.

Reviews for Buprenorphine/naloxone

"Hello, I have been on Suboxone for 9 years. This medication saved my life and allowed me to be a father and good person again. Recently they switched to generic, company name sandoz. It's horrible, I have been walking the withdrawal line since the second day, which is only because the Suboxone took that long to leave my system. I encourage everyone to please call the FDA and report this. I feel horrible and it's never ending! I am working with my doctor to find a solution to this but I'm at a loss! I have had the mg dose raised from 16 to 20 but it does nothing! This is not the same medication under a different name, I have no idea what this stuff is. It may have a small amount of active medication but not what it should or the delivery system doesn't work. I'm no doctor but it doesn't work, I was at a point in my life I was wanting to start weaning myself off of suboxone but now I'm on a higher dose and that doesn't even work and I'm still sick! Starting to fear relapse!"

richiquick79 May 22, 2019

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone): "I have been on Suboxone 8mg strips for going on 2 yrs because of opiate addiction. The name brand has worked very well for me but now they came out with the generic brand of buprenorphine with naloxone and it's trash! I take two daily and since the switch I've noticed that not only it doesn't last long enough but I've been in itchy hives. These new generic brands are weak and make me super sleepy. I'm hoping my Dr will let my insurance know about the side effects I've been going through and covers the brand name."

Sasha83 (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 22, 2019

"Hello, Just started Buprenorphine/Naloxone Subligual Film ( Sandoz manufacturer ) 4mg/1mg. My Doc prescribed 1/4 4x day. First dose was Friday morning 4.17.19 about 4 hours after I started feeling a little sick to my stomach, So I ate a few Ritz crackers with water, not even 15 mins later I started throwing up and have continued every time I eat or drink to much fluids. Has anyone else experienced this? I've read that this is a possible side effect, But should I call the Drs emergency after hours number or give it until Monday? I've only taken it 2x Friday (1/4) and had trouble falling asleep, taken 1/4 this morning and yep hugging the purslane throne and feeling like my heart is beating fast, but have no energy, any advise will be helpful. For good support google "drugs.com suboxone support group" there is heaps of support there."

BirdLady3 (taken for less than 1 month) May 18, 2019

"The suboxone generic SANDOZ STRIPS ARE TOTAL RUBBISH when compared to the original Suboxone brand. These buprenorphine with naloxone generics are risking our lives!"

Chris (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 18, 2019

"On brand name subs for ten years. I tried the generic suboxone once and was terribly sick, it doesn't work! Luckily my Medicaid will only pay for the brand name. For some reason I would think they’d rather pay for the generic, but for now I’m very lucky I get brands."

Aldbaf (taken for 10 years or more) May 18, 2019

"Receive the generic buprenorphine + naloxone this month and I figured I would give it a try, it works but it also has upset my stomach so bad does anybody else have this experience, pus I started to burp really sulfur burps its gross!"

Anonymous May 18, 2019

"I was on the name brand Suboxone for a little over a year. Things were going great. I had been at 16 mg a day and have been tapering over the past couple of months. I am currently at 10 mg a day. It has been an absolute battle lately to get the real thing and not the crappy Suboxone generic that they're trying to push on everyone I tried the generic for about three weeks and was so sick, it didn't work, I couldn't get out of bed, was going through withdrawals, and just felt miserable. My doctor's office put on the prescription to dispense as written but the pharmacy keeps screwing it up. It shouldn't even be legal to give us this junk and pretend like it's the real thing. I'm lucky I haven't relapsed! but I am so worried about other people relapsing after all their hard work, stay strong people"

Katt (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 16, 2019

"Just found out you get penalized if you don't get the generic Suboxone Dr Reddy which does not work as wel. I'ml now looking here and I see it's not just me now I'm paying $300 for the Suboxone that works when it was $40, I just hope they figure this out that Dr Reddy's buprenorphine & naloxone is garbage"

Milkman (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 16, 2019

Zubsolv (buprenorphine / naloxone): "Zubsolv works for me"

Punkie (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 13, 2019

"I have had 12 years on Suboxone name brand films for opioid addiction. The new-ish generic of Suboxone is Dr Reddy’s buprenorphine and naloxone film is GARBAGE. Whoever owns that company is a crook. We all need to start a petition to get rid of this useless generic version of suboxone film. They don’t work properly and very very little at all. The FDA needs to be looked into this and test these products to see what is in them and how much active ingredients are in them!"

RagnarLothbrok (taken for 10 years or more) May 12, 2019

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone): "I have been on suboxone for 10 years . I know that’s a long time but I don’t think about opiates and can live my life . For the past three months I have felt terrible withdrawal , thoughts of using again (after 10 years of not one thought of using) and I almost gave in . Come to find out it’s all because I was getting the generic suboxone . Now that I’m back on the name brand , I’m fine . It’s terrible that big manufactures and pharmacy can legally do this and we, the small people, not only pay for these meds, but then feel terrible and even go into withdrawal. I wish I could find a platform to do something, but I’m a nobody and even if I found a platform it wouldn’t help . If I were a celebrity or government official maybe . All I know is I almost lost my sobriety due to the generic and had the worst 3 months of my life"

J (taken for 10 years or more) May 11, 2019

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone): "Suboxone has allowed me to function and have a full life without attending countless meetings listening to people struggling everyday to be sober. Suboxone allows me to no think of my disease of addiction. My only hope is that my insurance will pay for the brand name and the new generic is awful."

Iwantursocks (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 10, 2019

"I have been taking Suboxone (brand name) for about 2 years now. Just got my first prescription filled for the generic film Dr. Reddy's brand. I am apprehensive as I have read so many negative comments about the generic. I hope that it works just as well as the brand name Suboxone. I guess I will soon find out ☺"

Squirrel (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 8, 2019

"I've been on Suboxone for a little over 10 years. I finally began tapering down, and am down to about 2mg of (real suboxone strips) a day. Last month, the pharmacy decided to give me the generic Dr Reddys strips. The pharmacist said they were exactly the same, just cheaper. Dr Reddy's strips are definitely not exactly the same. After about a day and a half, I started getting withdrawal symptoms. I had to start taking more than usual to get back to normal. It wasn't super horrible, but it wasn't something I was expecting, considering the assurance by the pharmacist. A few days ago, I saw my doctor again, and he was pretty upset the pharmacy is trying to unload the generic brands on us. He just wrote a note on my prescription, that I was to only receive name brand Suboxone, for medical reasons. As somebody who's trying to taper down, a consistent dose of medicine is all I want and Dr Reddy's did not provide that."

Beanmchne (taken for 10 years or more) May 8, 2019

"HORRIBLE!! These generic suboxone films are not the same thing as original suboxone films. Horrible anxiety and feelings of withdrawals!! For the first time in 4 years I’m worried about relapsing because I can’t stay feeling like this much longer!!"

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 6, 2019

"Been taking suboxone for 8 years and it saved my life BUT generic sub came out and medicaid would only pay for that. Right off the bat trouble. I began to have depression and even withdrawal symptoms. I ended up in hospital. I felt relief if I doubled up but even then it didn’t always work. The degree of anxiety was beyond what I could tolerate. The generic sub doesn't seem to have any active in them - or very little, this is really a bit problem"

659chris (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 5, 2019

"I've been on Suboxone for over 12 years. My last prescription was the 1st time I was forced to use the generic brand. I was going on 3 weeks of not sleeping AT ALL, body aches and EXTREME anxiety. It finally dawned on me one sleepless night that it was the generic Suboxone. I was very angry to say the least. It was not my plan over 12 years ago to still be on this junk but I'm clearly addicted to this now as opposed to opiates. After going through 3 weeks of hell and trying to work full time I've decided that it's time to start weening off of this highly addictive alternative narcotic. I'm in the process of waiting for my pre-approval for the name brand. In the mean time I had to pay $175.00 for a month supply. My question is, how do the drug companies get away with generic drugs that feel like they have no medicine in them? They're pulling off a big scam. My body obviously had terrible withdrawal symptoms. The whole thing is extremely disturbing and dangerous."

GettIngOFFSuboxone (taken for 10 years or more) May 4, 2019

"So I started out on the name brand suboxone strips. I do not have insurance so it was too expensive and I got switched to the pills. Well just recently I got switched to the generic half moon subs. I suppose everyone is different in how their minds and bodies react to these drugs but for me it's the exact same effect as the name brand pills and the name brand strips. I just see a lot of negative comments about the generics and want anyone trying these out to know that they work for me just fine. Actavis, is the company name."

JD (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 1, 2019

"I have been on Suboxone on and off for 13 years. I started out with the Suboxone tablets. Then had to swap doctors. Anyway, I found a new doctor and have been taking the Suboxone Film 12 mg/3mg twice a day for at least 5 years. I finally got my life back with Suboxone and therapy. I went to get my prescription filled on 4/27/19. To my surprise, they gave me the generic films made by Sandoz. I was hesitant, but thought I would give it a try. I took my first one of the generic on 4/28/19. I woke up on 4/29/19 and felt horrible. I was going thru withdrawals. I was nauseous, hot flashes, chills, leg pain, and was very weak. My sobriety is so important to me. It took time to earn back the trust I had lost with all my family and friends. So, when I woke up in withdrawal this morning, I was beyond upset. It felt like I taken a placebo when in fact was just the sandoz generic buprenorphinen and naloxone. This Sandoz generic needs to be taken off the market. Everyone's sobriety is at risk with this low quality generic."

Underdog (taken for 10 years or more) April 29, 2019

"This is part 1 of my review(s) & personal experience with Suboxone film, as well as two of the 3 generic versions of the films (8-2mg). First, I’ve battled this dependence/addiction for 20 years. I’m 42. A year ago, I found a suboxone MAT clinic, FREE of charge. I was/am grateful to my clinicians-they saved my soul/life. Weekly, I pickup fourteen 8/2mg suboxone films (2/day). After 7 months I received Dr Reddys version. Reviews 3 months ago were exclusively negative. I waited to write this in order to give my true experience & opinion. I’ve sInce also received Sandoz’ generics, half the time. Not yet had the Mylan generic, likely will at some point soon. Don’t believe the hype. For those who say the “generics” are 100% “worthless”: go 48 hours with nothing. Then take 4-8mg. I guarantee you’ll feel far different as to how “worthless” they are. Please read my following post, too.."

SoberSeeker (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 27, 2019

"I've been on suboxone going on 5 years and just yesterday picked up the generic strips. Sometime last night I started having some serious thoughts of hurting myself and I don't even feel that way on my most depressive days. It's scary how suddenly it came on and lasted throughout the night. I had insomnia as well which I really can't afford as I have a new baby. I can only hope it gets better. Guess this is the push I needed to get off."

DD (taken for less than 1 month) April 27, 2019

"Have been on Suboxone for 2 years. Started on 6mg, now down to 4mg. Completely turned my life around. Now the pharmacy has switched to the generic and I'm not feeling well. Worst I've felt in 2 years. Sweats, anxiety, something is different with the generic. Quite often a generic just will not work as well. What are others experience with the generic. Will insurance pay for Suboxone when there is a generic available?"

rubik (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 27, 2019

"I’m just wondering which one everyone else likes better? I’ve been prescribed 3 different brands. One orange with 54 375 on it. White with N8 & arrow. Orange with 970. I think I like the white ones better but I wanted to see what everyone else thought. Been on suboxone for 4 years & just got switched to these. Every time I go to get my script filled, they always change them up on me... so figured I’d ask, see what everyone said & try to get that one specific kind. I know a lot of people here tell me to NOT get the ones with the moon on the back because they suck but I’ve also been told that the ones I’ve been getting suck. I know it’s the generic kind & I can’t get the originals anymore. SMH. I know there are different manufacturers to. "

Smalls (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 25, 2019

"By way of background, I switched to suboxone after fentanyl, dope, etc. and had to go through a professional detox just to safely make the transition. I was given Dr. Reddy’s generic 8 mg films a few days ago after being on original subs for about a month (and finally stable) and am now unequivocally feeling withdrawal symptoms again. I’ve done the sub thing periodically for a decade and the generic version is definitely not as effective. I really hope my insurer pays for the name brand going forward."

L-Bikes (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 24, 2019

Zubsolv (buprenorphine / naloxone): "I’ve been taking pills for 15 years then of course heroin was cheaper and easier to get so guess what, I did heroin for 3 years lost everything. I’ve tried quitting, buying friends suboxone but still ended up relapsing then finally found a treatment center and was prescribed Zubsolv I freaking love it 60 days clean I was offered heroin yesterday at work and just laughed saves my life!!!!!’"

Josh (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 24, 2019