User Reviews for Buprenorphine / naloxone to treat Opiate Dependence

Also known as: Bunavail, Suboxone, Zubsolv

Buprenorphine/naloxone Rating Summary

8.5/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 26 medications used in the treatment of Opiate Dependence.

Reviews for Buprenorphine/naloxone

Zubsolv (buprenorphine / naloxone): "Made the switch from suboxone to zubsolv and now after day 2 it’s very effective, I like the ease of taking it."

banjo72 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 18, 2019

Zubsolv (buprenorphine / naloxone): "Our insurance only covered Zubsolv, so our first day was on Tuesday, and 4 days later and we feel AMAZING! BUT, make sure before taking this you are in moderate withdrawal or you WILL get horribly sick! We’re taking 5.7 in the morning and then half of that in the afternoon for now the dr said. My first time taking it, I didn’t take it right. Make sure you place it under your tongue, do not open your mouth or speak for 15mins, and DO NOT swallow during the 15mins.I also suffer from depression and anxiety super bad, and this is literally a miracle medication. Helps me stay clean, tastes great, and I feel how ‘normal’ people would feel.Depression is GONE, anxiety, I remain calm while on Zubs. I can’t believe we didn’t try this sooner. Get in a program, take these as prescribed, and I swear you will get your life back! I was never on suboxone to start with, so I really can’t compare the two. We have our lives back, and our marriage is great. Goodluck!!!"

Mmolkentine67 March 15, 2019

Zubsolv (buprenorphine / naloxone): "My wife and I are prescribed 2 /5.7 mg of Zubsolv a day. We were on Suboxone before her insurance wouldn't cover it anymore. So the only thing they would cover was Zubs. These work great for us. Most days we only take a 1/4 and feel just fine. I think Zubs are way better then Tex or Sub but our option. And we are real close to being done with them..But what your doctor won't tell you is that you can medicate under the doctors dose he gives.. They want you too come back for your money . They don't want ya to quit because you stop giving them money! But people with your spouses support and family you can get through it...Hang in there and we all can be clean...Much Love to all..and good luck:)"

Born in 81 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 9, 2019

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone): "I've been on subs two 8mg strips a day and been clean from a rough addiction that's lasted like 8 years so I made the choice to go on subs and it has worked good though lately after like 7-9 months on it I've been getting a sore tongue and my sex drive is super low I mean really low for a 28yr old newly engaged man and it does cost a lot so I'm thinking of switching to zubs. I think it will be better cuz I just feel like I'll need more subs cuz it hasn't been absorbing that well lately and I wanna get off this stuff before my wedding in a couple years any real advice would be great"

T91 (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 5, 2019

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone): "I took Suboxone for a period of 4 and 3 year periods. I found that at 8mg I felt the most normal in my entire life. I'm 40. I didn't have the urge to catch any kind of buzz at all. Like a normal person who's never used drugs before. The problem I had and ultimately drove me to stop was the second class treatment by doctors and pharmacists in accessing it. Constant piss testing and and segregated room to take it at pharmacy. They freely prescribe the opiates to damn near anyone but if you want the cure you're treated like an outcast. I don't know what's worse, the addiction related problems or this segregation treatment."

Mcfly March 3, 2019

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone): "Hello everyone I have been on suboxone for 7 years I started out on the orange pill then was switched to the film , I also was put on subutex during my pregnancy but I've remained on the film for the last 4 years and now just today they have switched me to these white buprenorphine/naloxone generic pills I hope I feel just fine I work fulltime have 3 kids and can't afford the anxiety and stress that would come from a bad effect of them.But I am worried after reading the comments which say it is rubbish. Any info would be great"

Nikkims (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 26, 2019

Zubsolv (buprenorphine / naloxone): "I switched to this medication after being on methadone 130mg for 10+ years. I had to drop the methadone down to 40mg for 5 days, then stop completely for 4 days before I could take zubsolv. I lost the weight I gained from methadone, got through the depressed feeling by using Lexapro. I'm now coming off zubsolv after 1 year of 5.7mg daily. It seems fairly easy so far, wish me luck!"

me (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 22, 2019

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone): "I had an expensive love for the high "Boy" made me feel for to long I just didn't want to give it up. It stopped when I was incarcerated for 10 months. I knew I was going to start again so I did for about one week and admitted myself in treatment so I could get suboxone 4 years ago and I am very pleased with myself, but now I am having problems with my breathing. I am not stable enough to stop taking the 8mg strips. I am searching for same affect but different medication. Has anyone experienced this with suboxone if so I'd like to hear from you."

Enigma February 12, 2019

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone): "This drug is less potent and we shouldn’t be selling an Indian made drug in America we should be using American products. I don’t want it. I tried them in fear of it being pushed on me and had to take twice as much to feel half the normal on regular subs."

Itsucks (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 9, 2019

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone): "Suboxone had been phenomenal for me. I've tried methadone in the past, however I always ended up abusing other drugs while on it. Suboxone had completely quelled that desire. 6 months on Suboxone with no other illicit drug use! For me that's a miracle. I've been abusing prescription painkillers for 20 year's."

Mick1012 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 4, 2019

Zubsolv (buprenorphine / naloxone): "After using heroin for 15+ years. The problem I had with Suboxone was that it made me so sick. My doc switched me to Tex and this went away. When I moved to the south, no one would write them. The doc said to hold it under my tongue until dissolved, then spit out the saliva. Problem is, subs taste like crap and take 20 min to completely dissolve. A new doc told me about Zubsolv, saying it dissolves much quicker. I decided to try it and I’m happy I did! It dissolves in 5-10 min and tastes like mint. Cravings are near nonexistent and I don’t have side effects aside from some nausea if I swallow some. I think most of the negative reviews are psychosomatic. People don’t like change, and this medicine is newer and less known. It’s not a cheap generic! It’s actually more expensive than Suboxone. The dosing also upsets people. The 5.7 is the equivalent of an 8 mg sub and people just don’t believe that. Whatever, I’m a fan... and heroin free "

JayLandon January 25, 2019

Bunavail (buprenorphine / naloxone): "I was on 30+ Norcos and Lortabs a day until I hit rock bottom 10 years ago when a family member turned me on to Subs. The doctor that I started with retired and I just started with new doctor who prescribed Bunavail. Took about a week to adjust but now no more stomach sounds - my stomach was turning when I was on subs. Normal life and everything. Have not tried to get off but my life has changed for the better. Just bought my dream house not to mention I have a rent house ad job is going great. Get on it now. Give it time and you will not regret it !!"

Read My Post (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 19, 2019

Bunavail (buprenorphine / naloxone): "This medication is helping to get my life back, I was so tired of the whole circle of opiate dependency."

Gammakmb (taken for less than 1 month) January 17, 2019

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone): "I like reading people success from this amazing drug and I do agree all the way with most all comments except for using subs for just the withdrawal period. Reasons why it is 4 to 6 months is kinda needed to retrain the brain and your body and build a stronger foundation so relapse does not occur. Then ya done and do not have to be medicated. Happy for all that beat their demons and God bless"

Grayday (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 15, 2019

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone): "There are no words to describe how wonderful life is now. Opiate addiction is the most horrible thing I ever went through and my heart breaks for anyone who is going through it right now. Suboxone literally gave me my life back. Although it doesn’t solve everything instantly, it does take away the sickness from withdrawal as well as the craving for more opiates, so you can start rebuilding your life! That along with some therapy to work through my issues (mostly the intense guilt I had from the time I spent being addicted) was all it took for me to start rebuilding what I had lost. I urge anyone who is looking for some help to try this. It is quite expensive if you don’t have insurance, but the cost is nothing compared to the cost of buying drugs on the street, and besides that the cost is so worth getting rid of the anguish that my addiction caused me!"

Julieschaeffe (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 12, 2019

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone): "Strips are great they work they last longer then most brands of suboxone, the Dr Reddy strips are horrible nothing like suboxone at all. They don't work, they taste nasty. The suboxone films should never be taking off market."

Mindy (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 11, 2019

"I have been on this medication for 7 years now I went from the original NA SUBOXONE to the strips, now it's these AN415 (Amneal Pharmaceuticals). I really like this one as it works and lasts longer and I'm not so tired. I have heard that these tabs are no longer going to be made. I sure hope that's not true because I can't and will not take any of the other tabs they have out right now (they are garbage) and my insurance will not pay for the strips idk what I'm going to do. Does anyone no if these AN415 are really coming off the market???"

Mindy (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 11, 2019

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone): "I literally just started this medication today. My doc prescribed it for me since he and I agreed that I had reached a point with my back pain where the opiates just weren't as helpful. Been on them 8 years. 200 mgs a day. I took my last pill yesterday at 3pm. I woke up and took my first tablet at 9:30 am. No withdrawal at all! None! I feel strange... a little warm and like everything is a bit surreal, but I am so grateful that the thought of a pain pill hasn't even entered my mind. It actually sounds repellent. I can't say yet how well it is for pain, but before I went on it, I really wanted to know what the BEGINNING would be like... and it's been easy! I am so happy. To be free of oxy for even almost 24 hours is amazing to me. I encourage anyone to try this who is stuck in the vicious circle of opiate dependance. I want my life back. I think this may be the way."

NoMoDopiates (taken for less than 1 month) January 3, 2019

Zubsolv (buprenorphine / naloxone): "I have been on Zubsolv for almost 5 years. I was just making a cup of tea, and an overwhelming sense of gratitude came over me. If it wasnt for this medication, I don't know where I would be. Or if I would even be alive."

Lulu (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 20, 2018

Zubsolv (buprenorphine / naloxone): "I wanted to review because the negative comments I read beforehand actually made me uneasy about even trying this. I’m so glad it didn’t stop me from giving it a chance to work. I was on suboxone 8mg 2x day for 6 months before switching to Zubsolv. As I just mentioned, I was a nervous wreck, thinking the worst, after reading many comments from those who have switched from suboxone to Zubsolv. I had no choice but to give it a try. The first day, I woke up and felt a bit achy. Immediately I thought, “this isn’t going to work, the commenters are correct” - I still continued and I have to say - while it says dosages are different, I absolutely feel MUCH better on Zubsolv than I did suboxone. I feel much less of the “medicated” feeling and much more NORMAL and revitalized. For whatever reason, it doesn’t come with some of the side effects I felt with suboxone (and even the down, depressed feeling I had while on suboxone is gone)."

Thisgirllyss December 17, 2018

Zubsolv (buprenorphine / naloxone): "I have been a heroin user for 10 plus years. I started on suboxone maintenance, and switched doctors when I found out my current one did not provide long term buprenorphine therapy. My new doctor switched me over to zubsolv, as it is recommended over suboxone for a long term maintenance program as it has a much higher biovalibility then suboxone - the results are incredible. I noticed an increase in energy almost instantly, as well as a HUGE reduction in cravings/thoughts/drug dreams. I take the 5.7 twice a day and am proud to say I have been clean with that dose for over a year now. I do not feel like I am gaining a tolerance, or that it’s not working as well as before (this was a major problem with suboxone in the past for me). I’m working, going to the gym 3x a week (1.5 mile walk there too!) taking full care of my toddler as well as household duties. I have never done this well in my life. I’m so grateful for this medication allowing me to live a normal, productive life."

Jenny (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 30, 2018

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone): "Got addicted to pain killers in early 20s. Now 28 and have been on Suboxone for about 7 years. There are positive and negative comments on here but I want to say a few truths I have experienced while on it: 1. Biggest thing... THIS REPLACES ADDICTION OF DEPENDENCE. This is a good thing. Instead of searching around for pills and whatnot you are on something constant that if taken regularly will serve to make you stable. 2. I have a very good and flexible doctor which has been critical to my success. One time I washed my prescription and he wrote me a replacement prescription. If I have to go out of state or something he will fill it a little early. He also says its up to patients to decide what works for them as far as when to start reducing amounts. My doctor being flexible and not having a ton of requirements has been critical. 3. It is expensive. My insurance covers 100% of the generic but that is okay because I prefer the taste and effect from the pill."

Matt November 29, 2018

Bunavail (buprenorphine / naloxone): "I started on 2mg of Suboxone, I worked my way up to roughly 5mg. I could no longer take the migraines & constipation. When I switched to Bunavail, I went from 5-6 mg of Subs, to 2 doses of 2.1 Bunavail daily. CONS: 2.1mg Bunavail is not even close to 4mg of Subs, which is what the manufacture claims. Initially, I had WD symptoms when transitioning to Bunavail, 2.1, twice daily. Yes, the film can 'scroll' in your mouth, and takes time to dissolve. I wait 45 min before spitting out 'goo'. PROS: Fewer migraines. I have regular bowel movements. My body is still trying to 'level out' with this new dosing & I'm struggling a bit with lethargy, motivation & sleep - but I'm committed to giving it time. In about three months, I have a plan to start tapering. IF you're someone who is in survival mode because of side effects of the suboxone - TRY Bunavail, but KNOW the dosing is NOT what the manufacture indicates. It's closer to 2.1 = 2 MG of sub. God bless anyone struggling with addiction."

mnaudigirl November 18, 2018

Zubsolv (buprenorphine / naloxone): "I was an intravenous Heroin addict for 4 long years. After going in and out of detox and rehab facilities, and overdosing twice, I stumbled across Suboxone. My dealer had a couple weeks worth and asked me if I was interested. I bought all of them in place of my usual 2 grams of Heroin. I waited as long as I could before taking my first dose. After about 38 hours, and intense withdrawal symptoms, I placed the film under my tongue. Within about 15 min, the medication hit my bloodstream, and I literally felt like a magic fairy whispered away my addiction. I took the Suboxone for about two weeks and then found a doctor, who switched me to Zubsolv 11.4 mg. I’ve been sober now for a little over a year, and I couldn’t be happier. Zubsov is a miracle medication that literally saved my life! I have zero side effects from it. Thank you Zubsolv, for giving me my life back!!! xoxoxo"

Anna R. (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 17, 2018

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone): "Saved my life! So grateful for this medicine"

Mary (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 16, 2018