User Reviews for Buprenorphine/naloxone to treat Opiate Dependence

Also known as: Suboxone, Zubsolv

Buprenorphine/naloxone Rating Summary

7.9/10 Average Rating

Compare all 23 medications used in the treatment of Opiate Dependence.

Reviews for Buprenorphine/naloxone

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 6, 2020

“Love it”

Bemo · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 30, 2020

Bunavail (buprenorphine / naloxone): “I was on heroin. I went through a detox program in 2015. I needed a drug such as, bunavail or suboxone or methadone to support me as a I recovered. My goal was to also detox from bunavail. I began by taking lesser amounts by cutting it in half. However, after a time, I began to have full panic attacks. That had never happened to me so I did not realize what was going on with me. My doctor was convinced I had underlying emotional causes. I know that the bunavail triggers the anxiety. I'm still on it, and if I get just a little to much in my system, anxiety begins. I take deep breaths to keep it from panic. Also, I must take hydroxyzine to control the panic. That puts me to sleep. Recently, I was given Lexapro to help. However, that made it ten times worse. I went to the emergency room. No one seems to know what to do to help. I want bunavail totally out of my system. And if I still have the same problem, then I would know some other problems are in me.”

Jay · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 30, 2020

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone): “Ever since the generic buprenorphine/naloxone came out I've noticed on the brand they have been weaker than normal. Not realizing one day I put the strip up to the light and seen the medication dropped on the strip. There use to be a bunch of drops on it now I only see like 8-10 maybe if I'm lucky. No wonder why I've been I'll lately. Generics make me sick and don't work but don't mess with something that isn't broken. Agh damn government.”

Punk Goddess · Taken for 5 to 10 years June 22, 2020

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone): “I’ve been on subs now for about 10 years. Was on high doses of opiates. I see everyone saying Alvogen doesn’t work for them but I think they’re great. I prefer the name brand and there’s been twice now I couldn’t find them so I had to settle. The alvogen did great however the other brand I was forced to get was Dr. Reddys and it was absolutely awful. It like I couldn’t get enough in me to stop with withdrawals. This month the pharmacies were out again and I ended up with Mylan brand. Anyone have any experience with these?”

slipperman · Taken for 10 years or more June 22, 2020

“I've noticed huge differance between Regular Sub( 10 yrs ) to Avalon sub, that I had been taken last 7 months. I've noticed I break out in bad sweats (even in cold weather), I'm very irritable and confusion and I truly believe its not the same as regular sub. I take two 8mg daily. Anyone else experiencing this?????????”

Candy · Taken for 5 to 10 years June 9, 2020

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone): “Been on subs or 7 years and wanting to come off, so I got on here to look at reviews ! I would have to say if not for sub. I would be died or still using other drugs ! After reading am going to try to taper off , starting tomorrow. I think after along period of time taking you have no energy, I could sleep all day not to mention the numbness I feel in my hands , feet or even my head sometimes!!I think it’s the side effects from sub. That’s why am gonna try tapering and not just cold turkey! I will post back next week to let u all now ( to whoever cares ) results !”

Nina · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 9, 2020

“Complete and total GARBAGE! DO NOT ALLOW YOUR DOCTOR TO PUT YOU ON THESE! DOES NOT WORK LIKE SUBOXONE!”

iconoclast June 8, 2020

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone): “I've been using different opiate narcotics for a long time. Recently I thought I'd try Suboxone. My only insurance is Medicare and MediCal and getting these wasn't easy. I"m still learning how to use the stuff. So first I got the sub pills, and they were OK, then I asked for strips and got the Sandoz generic. It was good. Now my pharmacy is sending me this Alvogen, and it is junk. Some work, some don't and you can tell they're cheap just by the package. I just got stuck with 75 Alvogen strips that aren't working. I was wondering if anyone else had the Alvogen and what was their experience. I just got stuck with 75 that don't work and I'm not sure who to call.”

Trae May 29, 2020

“I was just switched to alvogen brand of buprenorphine/naloxone and I'm having terrible side effects. Burning tongue terrible pain in hips and back and just overall feeling that this brand is terrible!!!! I don't feel good for 3 weeks. I have called 10 pharmacies to try and find the sandoz brand buprenorphine/naloxone. Those worked well for me. I'm not having any luck finding them. I don't want to have another month of this kind. Anyone have suggestions?”

Chase · Taken for 10 years or more May 19, 2020

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone): “I recall the beginning, when I foolishly became addicted to pain relievers-and I mean ignorantly. Don't get me wrong-I loved the feeling, I just didn't know that they were physically addicting. After about 8 months of pain relievers, I heard about Suboxone. It was great! Now speed ahead 13 years later, it sucks. I imagine that since I've been on this for so long, it's likely I'll stay on it for life. Godforbid I lose my insurance! But what I really want to say-what makes this really bad, is that now I'm on a generic version and it is GARBAGE! Made by "Alvogen", it is NOTHING like the name brand Suboxone. I'm in pain, I feel lousy, sluggish and it is making my life hell. My next appointment is in two weeks and I'm for going to complain. Only thing is-I heard Suboxone is off the market now.. If so, I guess I'm screwed either way... :(”

Scratch May 7, 2020

“I have adrenal insufficiency. I have gone into withdrawal which caused an adrenal crisis twice when I rec'd alvogen strips. I needed an ambulance once. I read that the brands aren't interchangeable”

Happy now · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 5, 2020

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone): “I can’t believe how easy it was to kick the Percoset addiction ! I got myself back , my happiness I am finally the same person as I was before my addiction to opioids !!! Please if you are suffering please try it , I am crying writing this but these are happy tears ! Excited in what future will bring !!! Life is great !!! Good luck my friend you can do it trust me ! Suboxone 8mg twice a day = life back”

LovesJesus · Taken for less than 1 month May 4, 2020

Zubsolv (buprenorphine / naloxone): “I was prescribed Tylenol 3 for a whole year after a back injury at work and “under the care of a pain management specialist.” I had a concern for how they were going to get me off of this drug once the spinal injections started to kick in while taking in. Their response - “Tylenol 3 is not as addictive as other narcotics!” Rubbish! Here I am 3 years later. I didn’t want to take Tylenol 3 forever, I was having to 10-12 pills a day just to feel normal. I then seek help, and started Suboxone. I’ve been taking 2 of the 8 mg/2mg for the past year and have felt some what normal again. My insurance decided that they wouldn’t cover it anymore and said Zubsolv would been the equivalent! RUBBISH AGAIN! I started taking the 5.7 tab twice a day and within a day I was in full withdrawal! Sweats, nausea, crying spells, anxiety! I felt HORRIBLE!! I DO NOT RECOMMEND this rubbish to ANYONE!! I’d rather pay out-of-pocket and fight the insurance than to feel like I did a few days ago!”

Tj79 · Taken for 5 to 10 years April 27, 2020

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone): “To everyone who was forcibly made to take generic suboxone, depending what insurance you have, there is or could be what's called a tier reduction. If you have that, your doctor can write that you cant take generics because (insert your symptoms here) & submit it. They (insurance) will review it & if you get approved, you will be able to get name brand again. I warn you, you will have to jump through many hoops ex: I had to take 2 other generics 1st to prove I couldn't be on anything else but name brand but it's worth it as the alternative for me would have been back to using because all the generics I tried were not doing anything but making me sick & want to use (after 6 years of not). Again it depends on your insurance company but I hope this gives you some kind of hope & knowledge that you might not be stuck with generic forever”

Megan666 April 2, 2020

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone): “The first time I was prescribed Subutex it was transitioning from methadone. The first few days were a little rough but after that things were great. I switched to Zubsolv with no issues. I ended up losing my insurance and got back on pills first then later heroin. Getting back on Bupe after heroin was EXTREMELY hard. The first three days I still have to use ( I didn't go through precipitated W/D.) Then for the next week or two I can do nothing but sleep. After that I'm pretty much good except I'll wake up all night every hour on the hour. It does work well, methadone works better but I don't like feeling like a zombie so I won't take it again. I think H.A.T. would work best but unfortunately not an option for me.”

Kaykay · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 14, 2020

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone): “Commenting to Tito, you can now get an injection! No need for vomiting or getting sick! As your provider.”

sweetness1222 · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 13, 2020

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone): “I was on pain medication for over 10 years. Got up to 600mgs of morphine and 50 mgs of percocet. I had chronic pain. I finally decided enough was enough. I was tired of living that way. I went to a Suboxone clinic and had been off opiates 3 days and so sick I could hardly walk let alone function. I was started on three 8 mgs a day. The very first one I took completely took away any and all withdrawals. Within a couple weeks I discovered who I was and my head was clear. No haze, Was able to start a new and improved life. It saved my life!! I am on 16 mgs a day and have taken it for 5 years. I can't quit taking it because I am afraid I would turn back to pain medication again. I recovered from major surgery just take suboxone. Never had any pain nor have I suffered from pain in 5 years. I truly recommend this drug if you want to reclaim your life”

Speedy · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 12, 2020

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone): “I was on oxycodone 30mgx6=180mg 7years At the end of 5 years I added 50mg daily of methadone at night. Started suboxone 3 months ago and stopped 180mg oxy plus 50mg methadone. 12mg suboxone once a day is making me normal again and without any problems.”

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 8, 2020

“I've been on suboxone for about 5 years. I started out with the brand name then switched to the sandoz due to my insurance which were pretty decent, but these last ones from alvogen in the yellow wrappers were absolutely horrible. I started going through withdrawal the first week! I'm not sure how its even legal for them to put people through this just to save a dollar. I am now trying the tablets to see how well they work but honestly I don't see it going much better unfortunately”

Getmeoffthehampsterwheel March 8, 2020

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone): “A classic story I started abusing oxy after surgery. Until my body depended on it to function normally to get out of bed I needed to take oxy or my body would be in hell. So the hamster wheel spun and spun. The thing is from the outside looking in you would never know I have a great job I’d like to think I’m a well rounded human I’m a nurse. But addiction doesn’t care what or who you are it will steal your soul. Anyways I just started this medication a few days ago on a very low dose. Initially you wait till you start to feel withdrawal symptoms until you can take half of a dose. Otherwise it will make you go into withdrawal symptoms if you have any drugs in your system. I kind of feel like what’s the catch. The last three days have been really good I feel great I’m on 2mg a day and have to see the doctor daily to get a dose and adjust the mg. If you’re suffering this medication could help you. If you use it properly. Since we are addicts we can misuse things easily.”

Lin · Taken for 5 to 10 years March 3, 2020

“I have been on Suboxone for 7 years and it saved my life, I started with the original Suboxone in the blue wapper , than they went generic and started and then I got the same one but in a white wrapper just like the blue one. Than the last time I went to the Dr the gave me these square wrapper made by mylan And they couldn't even but a slit in the wrapper to open it (cheap as they can get ) I used to have to with the regular Suboxon I used to have to bend them in half a couple times just to get them to break in half these ones I can take it and I can pull it apart and it breaks in one second they're so cheap they melt real quick and their garbage MYLAN failed big time with this one.”

Reebee March 3, 2020

“Subutex. What can I say? I was on methadone when my clinic decided to switch everyone subutex. I was told so many wonderful things. My dr couldn’t say enough good things about it. First lie I was told was “it’s a schedule 3, I can call it in for you” ...a year later not one call in. Even after tooth extraction. I was prescribed for this for pain and surprise!!! I’m still in pain. Lie 2. Oh it’s so much cheaper than methadone!! Lie 3. $275 for one month cash pmt. not including the ridiculous dr fees each month (low income veteran here)....I had surgery and would you believe my surgeon had never heard of it so when I was pumped full of hard opioids it was a nightmare. So, I’m done with it. I’m on day 3 zero subs and I feel decent. I gained 50 pounds on this drug and now not as hungry. I lost interest in everything, becoming a shell of my true self. Enough is enough. Just dump it if you REALLY want to be free!”

Substantial TarantulA · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 2, 2020

“Hi gang! I recommend that you learn to park a quarter of your sub strip in between your upper molars and your cheek. It will dissolve there, more slowly than sublingual, which is good, this medicine has unique properties when introduced in tiny doses. Good luck! Enjoy being able to talk and not getting wrinkles from holding your mouth in funny positions like we do when taking it sublingually, lol! -SubTar”

CheckLot#'s · Taken for 5 to 10 years March 1, 2020

“After sandoz was on back order my pharmacy, the Doctors office gave me a recalled version of Dr. REDDYSBuprenorphine/naloxone 8/2sublingual strips. They had several carcinogens in them manufactured in Feb.2017 on 1/9/20. I couldn't even take the smallest piece of the strip without sleeping for 5 hours straight, also not being able to eat, and felt like my kidneys were shutting down.It is unbelievable, cancer causing sugar substitutes and 4 other drugs that specifically cause cancer in this med. It's super sad to me that being ethical has completely been thrown out the door and I was lied to. I was extremely discouraged, not discouraged enough to use but how dare people take advantage of a recovering addict on state insurance for opioid dependency. My old doctors office also charged me 27,000$ in the 9 yrs I went there for medication I could receive free. We the patients are why these companies are worth millions and some on way to billions. Don't always trust what your told, do the research on your own.”

24 Male · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 26, 2020

Zubsolv (buprenorphine / naloxone): “I have been on Zubsolv for nearly 2 years. In terms of recovery, this has been a great help and happy to say I have been clean since I got on. Occasionally a crave comes, but that was expected. I take 5.4 mg 2x a day. My teeth are suffering. I have never had such sensitivity before, and it is causing me pain throughout the days. I am worried about what this is doing to my mouth, and will be visiting the dentist shortly. Happy with this, and praying I don’t lose my teeth before 30.”

Learn more about Opiate Dependence