User Reviews for Buprenorphine / naloxone to treat Opiate Dependence

Also known as: Suboxone, Zubsolv, Bunavail, Cassipa

Buprenorphine/naloxone Rating Summary

8.0/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 26 medications used in the treatment of Opiate Dependence.

Reviews for Buprenorphine/naloxone

ThatOnegirlFromfla September 18, 2019

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone): "I've been on Suboxone for 4 years now and I can say it's helped me get my life back. I have a steady job, great relationships with my family and I've even started a family of my own. I've paid off my licence and just got my first place and all of these things would have been 100% impossible had I never quit my drug of choice, heroin and started taking suboxone. It has truly saved my life. Ya, I've been on it for all this time except a couple months when I did try to get off of it too soon without tapering properly and that ended up in relapse. I'm ok with taking this medication if it has improved my quality of life in such a way. I also take the generics and find no difference. My only problem seems to be the negative opinions that others have saying I'm not clean. Does anyone struggle with getting family and friends to understand that its literally helping you?"

Deb · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 16, 2019

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone): "I was on narco for many years and wanted off. I was put on sublingual suboxone and in 30 minutes felt like a whole new person. It was a huge relief. I took the Suboxone for 1 year then weaned off. Never had any problems."

Jim September 15, 2019

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone): "I banged heroin for 8 years and was on suboxone for 4 years. I fell into the same trap everyone does and had a hard time coming off the Suboxone. When I came off it was pretty much a week of insomnia/RLS nightmare. Week 2 was marginally better, and week three substantially better. My trick was working out (which I was never into). I Cannot stress this enough WORKOUT! Stuff that makes you grit your teeth, like pushups and squats. It makes an absolute huge difference to everything. JUST DO IT! I"

LydiaD. · Taken for 5 to 10 years September 13, 2019

"Do not get your script for (buprenorphine/naloxone refilled with DR. REDDYS GENERIC! EVER! I have been on subs 8yrs, tapered down to 4mg/day for over a year. For the last 2 months, I felt the worst that I've EVER felt, at ANY POINT in 8 years!! The first month on this generic began with random days of stomach/aches cramping, fatigue, diarrhea and progressed to being DAILY SYMPTOMS. Month 2 was 10x worse. I can't even keep the GENERIC in my mouth for more than a few minutes because it INSTANTLY makes me sick to my stomach. So for the first time in 8 years I'm in WITHDRAWAL for WEEKS! I refused to increase my dose of this garbage so at my next appointment my Dr. wrote my "RX BRAND ONLY do not dispense generic" 10 minutes after taking only 1mg of the BRAND I'm feeling normal again! The ONLY BENEFIT is that NOW I ONLY NEED 2MG of brand suboxone and am now tapering off! If you are tapering, and need a CONSISTENT DOSE, AVOID Dr REDDYS LIKE THE PLAGUE that it is, unless of course you're cool with withdrawing for weeks on end!"

MrB · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 12, 2019

"I switched to Dr Reddys brand of buprenorphine and naloxone and everything has been fine. That being said, since the switch I have tested positive twice now for oxyxodone on my weekly saliva tests but I haven’t done any oxy in about 8-9 months and of course my doc doesn’t believe me. I am going nuts here as I have no explanation. Has anyone run into this? Do I need to report this to FDA? "

Distorted3192 September 11, 2019

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone): "Without Suboxone I would likely be dead or in jail. Also all the drama that goes along with jail. I choose to say on the medication. It keeps me stable and from relapsing. I take 8mg a day. The negative effects are constipation."

Biff VanHusen September 8, 2019

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone): "Been on suboxone since 2006 after being hooked on Norcos for 5 years. I was taking way too many Norco (Hydrocodone 10/325) pills per day and stumbled across Suboxone on some message board I can’t even remember. Within 30 minutes of taking my first 8mg Suboxone pill, I was off the Norcos. I was dumbfounded by the realization that I could feel normal by taking Subs instead of the Norcos. So I was cured of my addiction to Norcos, but am now addicted to Suboxone. I say addicted because I’ve tried to wean off subs and even went off them cold turkey for 3 weeks but ended up in the ER at the 3 week point because my withdrawals from subs became worse as time went on and were so severe that I couldn’t even function. If you are considering subs, please use them for a very limited time at the lowest possible dose...otherwise you may be on them forever. I’ve been on them for 13 years and may never be off them."

TruthSaves · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 7, 2019

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone): "Our experience has been an actual dream. Eventually 8mg made me sick as a dog I went to 4mg same by the last few months I was taking a speck every day, mentally afraid because everyone swears its the most intense withdrawal. I literally couldn’t stand the nausea anymore and discontinued usage 8 days ago. My partner is also experiencing a forced taper if you will and isn’t far behind me. I think he’s at a 16th of an 8mg and feeling gross from that. I did have mild diarrhea. My legs aren’t fully restless but slightly especially after any increase in exercise or exertion and this was was my first sober menstruation which was impressively more painful than anything I’ve experienced. I am sleeping less deep and need less sleep which I personally enjoy as my opiate sleep is more like a coma. I believe that it’s different for everyone but if you do the work and don’t take more than exactly the minimum you need you can have a painless experience emotionally physically mentally."

Rayrayj September 3, 2019

"All I can say is wow ,this drug combo buprenorphine with naloxone is the miracle drug. I wasn't a street drug user I was only on codeine, 60mgs four times a day for years when my Dr said do you want to try get off codeine and I said yeh! I had a 24hr dry out time and he gave me 8mgs for 4 days to see how it works with my wife monitoring me (she's a nurse) at my lake house, just ourselves with no kids and man what a difference it was, I feel normal, I'm now taking 20mgs a day because at about 9pm I start feeling pain again so I take 4mg at noon starting today, I now have been on Suboxone for 4 months and I have feelings again, I can feel my emotions to that were suppressed by the codeine. This drug has changed my life now and my Dr is amazing for letting me try this miracle drug. As for the generic version I started on the generic and worked fine but found out my insurance will pay the name brand so that's what I get and there was no difference in the 2 for me. I found out the generic version was made by indivior to."

Anonymous September 1, 2019

Bunavail (buprenorphine / naloxone): "This medication isn't worth the paper it's printed on, you guys in charge of making a generic for suboxone failed!! This was the first month in a few years I've taken suboxone that I have tried the generic, it wears off fast and I get antsy and restless leg syndrome all through the night and can't sleep. You need to take the generic off the market and give people a coupon to lower the price of regular suboxone so that people who are trying to get or stay clean can afford it. People detox when they are ready, this generic version makes you feel like your having withdrawals after a couple of hours, it's complete utter garbage. Who ever made this needs to be reprimanded severely .People are on suboxone are trying to re-live their life clean and sober day to day. We don't need the the government departments doing this to us, whoever is in charge of this particular area for recovering addicts needs to be removed."

Rayrayjj August 31, 2019

"I can say this saved my life I wasn't a hard core user but I was taking 60mgs of codeine 3 times a day after my stroke and started to get addicted when my doctor asked if I wanted to try this and man it's a life saver. It took away my pain and helped with my bowels to because that was the main reason for codeine, I know they say it doesn't help with pain but I can attest to that that this pill does help a lot with pain and depression to, I've tried the generic version and it was the same as brand name. The brand name made the generic version here in Canada (PM's is the generic version) I get the brand name indivior tablets because my benefits cover it, anyone trying to better themselves should give this drug a try and not just for 2 or 3 days, try it for a couple weeks and you will see the changes in your life. I now can see all the people that care for me when I couldn't when I was taking so much other prescription drugs, they suppress my feelings and this drug lifts me up in a good way"

G_rhode August 31, 2019

"This comment is to the guy that says stay off this medicine. I have successfully came off opiates and suboxone after being on for nine years. So keep you negativity out of this platform please. Has it ever occurred to you that you would be dead had it not been for the medication. It’s a complicated issue and the dr have complete good intentions when prescribing this medication. All I can say to you is don’t let your mind tell you that it’s a hundred times worse than it is because it’s not if you wean yourself off in the proper manner. When I came off suboxone after being on it for nine years and yeah I was on it for nine years straight, I did a slow taper down to a sliver of a strip every day so please do a slow taper or you will be crying the blues like the guy saying stay off this drug"

LadyL August 31, 2019

"7 yrs clean & sober! Due to multiple surgeries I was prescribed every type of pain pill on the market. Needless to say I was a full blown addict abusing RX opioids for 12 years. To clean up I started out taking suboxone 8 mg/2 mg (worked fine saved my life), next my insurance co decided their not paying for suboxone anymore, so now it's zubsolv (not too bad/hard to dissolve), then a year later it's another switcheroo game with my insurance, so I'm currently taking Dr Reddy's genericbuprenorphine/naloxone which absolutely Sucks!! Take it from me - There is a totally huge difference between generic and non-generic; this generic garbage has me feeling weird, I cannot sleep, hot & cold bouts, feeling anxious and agitated. This is the first time in years that I am running out of my buprenorphine/naloxone. I am feeling as though I'm going into withdrawals and starting to crave. I will address this with my dr. hopefully I can get an authorization for the real suboxone."

Using over 20 yrs August 30, 2019

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone): "Suboxone is the most difficult drug to quit. It alters your brain chemistry . You probably will be hooked on suboxone permanently. If you are not wealthy and can't afford inpatient detox or aren't incredibly strong and have a strong support network. Met is easier to quit."

Britknee · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 30, 2019

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone): "Do understand the reviews you read that are good are people who have not tried to get off the Suboxone! I too would have sang it's praises while on the medication but those who have taken it and then got off even on a slow taper it is AWFUL! Way worse that the opiate detox it is not gentler way at all. It is a long drawn out not even my self year long off of Suboxone and I still feel like rubbish. My understanding Opiate detox is 7-14 days and Suboxone is over a year to feel normal again. If you have a doctor that is willing to just use your Opiate of choice and you have a trusted friend or family member to dispense the taper off of the opiate do it that way and work a drug program at the same time. You will thank me for not being on this Suboxone merry go round!"

$crim · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 29, 2019

"Everyone try sandoz generic for suboxone! It is a name brand authorized generic, meaning it is the same company making both name brand sub and generic, sandoz is name brand, once you open the pouch it will be " n8" markings on the strip. Trust me"

Boldbe3uty · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 28, 2019

"Honestly, in the beginning I didn’t know if I could do it. Because you still get chills and stuff but after a few weeks I was okay. I still get a chill here and there but it doesn’t catch me off guard anymore. I have more energy. I’m able to live my life normally now without chasing a high. I’m pretty over it, I don’t crave drugs. Sometimes I do think about it then I just remind myself of the bad things that came along with the use. The tablet form you put under your tongue of Suboxone doesn’t taste bad but some of these generics taste like envelope seals. Yuck."

JaSINNER August 28, 2019

"I have been on Suboxone 7 out of the last 10 years with one year completely free of all opiates even Suboxone. I have never had any problems while on Suboxone until recently when I receive Dr. Reddy's generic. I honestly didn't know what was happening to me I thought that I had some weird strain of the flu and I lost an 18$ an hour job . Before I finally realized it was due to the generic Dr. Ready's version of the medicine it is significantly weaker I would notice withdrawal symptoms 12 hrs even split dosing didn't help. Today I got Alvogens generic strips so far I'm happy . However it's too soon to give an accurate judgment. By the way two mg of the brand name Suboxone would help hold me, however Dr. Reddy's 8mg wasn't even working I don't like to take too many milligrams of Suboxone because of the withdrawal God forbid I'm ever in a situation where I have to go through that."

Peter · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 23, 2019

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone): "I will start saying this: This medication is saving my life! I'm only 21 years old and I have been taking all class of drugs including heroin since I was 14. I overdose a few months ago and I nearly kill myself that day. Since that, I promise myself to be sober and my Doc prescribed me this medication and for the first time in my life and I can say to you guys, this is the only way out of drug addiction. You feel so normal that it will scare you (in a good way). I can finally feel like a normal person and do simple things that I hadn't been able to do before starting this treatment. Trust me, if you can't quit the drugs, give this medication a try, it will save your entire life."

Bman · Taken for 5 to 10 years August 23, 2019

"I tried the alvogen brand of buprenorphine with naloxone and they work fine coming from someone being on the brand name 6+ years. Now I got the Mylan brand and they work fine as well, I kind of wish I got the alvogen brand again today from Walmart then getting the Mylan from Walgreens. But it all works the same for me. Hope this helps clear some things up!"

Kd August 22, 2019

Zubsolv (buprenorphine / naloxone): "Well I've been an heroin addict for approx. 8 yrs n now have been taking suboxone strips for 2 months, at 8mg 2 daily. I felt like some days this just wasn't enough not to mention the horrible taste I couldn't help but drink something which I think was diluting it, so the doc switched me to zubsolve at the 5.7 mg 2 daily however gave me a few extra for my days not wanting my tolerance to grower higher (thx doc) that's a good doctor, however I've been on them about a week now and only took a 3 rd one I believe 2 times. I like the taste much better but I am noticing my blood pressure is much to high n I feel just blah. IDK but got 3 more weeks to go so I'm gonna try to take them the rite way, meaning no drinking or swallowing take them at the same time I'm suppose to and then see how it helps. I must say tho this drug has saved my life whether it's this or suboxone it helps keep me clean from heroin. On the drug dreams have finally stopped thank god!! Don't give up people."

Aasmith21 · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 20, 2019

Zubsolv (buprenorphine / naloxone): "So I've been on Suboxone 8mg 2x a day for the last 3 years. Of course my insurance decided they weren't going to cover suboxone anymore so it kept going up in price every month. Finally when it got up to $124/month I decided to ask my doctor what I should do and he sent me over an RX for Zubsolv 5.7/1.4 2x a day. I've only been taking it for 2 days but I really like it. No withdrawals no horror story to tell like many others. I don't discredit the other people who had a hard time switching, but I haven't at all. So at least try it for yourself before you knock it! If something changes I will update my response! I really like the taste compared to suboxone and it dissolves way faster. Still cost me $65 but the insurance companies just suck. I wish everyone on these types of meds luck!! Recovery is awesome whether you were dependent or addicted!"

Anonymous August 20, 2019

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone): "suboxone is a good drug to be used for a very short period of time to get through the detox off opioids but taken any longer then that is a horrible idea. I’ve been on it for almost 8 years and my life has been horrible in most areas and I have tried several times to get off it and I couldn’t. Now I’m in a medical detox as I write this review on day 4 without it and the withdrawal symptoms are 100 times worse then opioids. I’m only on day 4 and haven’t slept in 4 nights I have no energy, I can’t eat and I don’t even want to move I BEG YOU NOT TO TAKE IT DOCTORS ARE JUST TRYING TO MAKE MONEY OFF YOU. THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT YOU. THE PEOPLE ON HERE WRITING POSTIVE REVIEWS CALLING IT A MIRACLE HAVE ONLY BEEN ON IT FOR A FEW MONTHS. I LOVED MY FRIST FEW MONTHS ON IT BEFORE MY LIFE BECAME IMPOSSIBLE! PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM SUBOXONE GO WITH THE VIVATROL SHOT OR NALTREXONE. IF ANYTHING YOU WILL THANK ME WHEN YOUR NOT GOING THROUGH MONTHS OF WITHDRAWALS!"

Determined · Taken for less than 1 month August 20, 2019

Zubsolv (buprenorphine / naloxone): "Am experiencing considerable difficulty getting Zubsolv to dissolve under my tongue. After 15 minutes there is still a considerable amount under my tongue and I’m struggling to keep it from moving around my mouth and not on top of my tongue , back of tongue or attaching to cheek of mouth. Have used several other under tongue dissolving medications ( not opioid related) and Never experienced any difficulties with any other under tongue dissolving medication"

Alphabet August 19, 2019

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone): "I'm very satisfied with Suboxone. I had OD-ed in the winter time in December 2017 at a bus stop after drinking alcohol and snorting synthetic heroin. I nodded out and when I came to, I was about 6 blocks away from where I snorted. I don't know how long I had been unconscious...walking around the downtown area, but my 4 fingers tips on my right hand were paining. To make a long story short, they were frost bitten and my fingertips were amputated. Now I'm on suboxone. It's a miracle drug now that there's no more real heroin in the street. I had OD-ed 8 times off the garbage that's out on the street. I am very very grateful. I didn't use to be grateful cause I'm an addict and wanted heroin. I've finally accepted that I'm blessed and suboxone is a miracle drug. I'm clean from alcohol and drugs and feel GREAT!!! "

Learn more about Opiate Dependence