User Reviews for Buprenorphine / naloxone

Also known as: Bunavail, Suboxone, Zubsolv

Learn more about Buprenorphine/naloxone.

Opiate Dependence 608 reviews 8 medications

8.6
Summary of Buprenorphine/naloxone reviews 608 reviews 8.6

Reviews for Buprenorphine/naloxone

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "It's a miracle drug.I don't want to do other opiates or even drink alcohol. I can think more clearly."

jack-o (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 21, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I am currently on generic Subutex (buprenorphine) and have been for 4 years. I take 12-16mg daily. Pros: it has helped me get through college and pass with high honors. I went from living in my car & with my mother to having my own beautiful home and 2 new vehicles. I have a good job with benefits and get wonderful reviews from my customers. It has helped me be a better person and rebuild relationships with the people I love the most. Cons: I am scared of what it is causing behind the scenes in my long term health. I smoke a lot and I am having sore throats a lot. I am scared. I am very high strung and my boss does notice. I try to concentrate and it's like I have ADD. Weight gain too."

sannystac (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 21, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Bunavail (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "Bunavail work great for detox and keeping away from opiates but there is one major draw back and that's getting the film not to roll back on itself in which you lose probably 1/4 of absorption not going into you cheek and instead it can sit in your mouth your saliva hoping to get it distributed elsewhere like the underneath of tongue. I have tried bending the corners to prevent the rolling which helps a little but the film still wants to roll, bend corners 90° for best results. Not supposed to cut the films but manys docs say to do it which is fine because the bup and nalox is equal distributed, I called bunavail to check. But when you cut the films seems to be worse on rolling up because less surface that the film has to stick to your cheek"

Recoveryman (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 20, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Zubsolv (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I got hooked on oxys and heroin in 2006. Been clean since 2009 after my dad passed and suboxone arrived in our area in orange stop sign form. I was so sick and that first 1/4 dose, I knew I'd found my miracle. I wouldn't have to use dope anymore. And so began a relationship with suboxone & working to get my life back. When something saves you from yourself, that becomes hard to separate from. Listen....I get it. I honestly do. But I can say that these Zubs work just as well. Give them a chance."

MichelleNY May 17, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Zubsolv (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I was prescribed Zuboxone but my insurance covered Zubsolv instead. From the first time I felt tremors and told my Dr. He prescribed increasing the dosage and it got worse. It felt like I was trembling from my core along with anxiety. I just was switched to buprenorphine alone and can't believe how much improved I am. I wouldn't recommend Zubsolv."

zxcv985 (taken for less than 1 month) May 14, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Zubsolv (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I have been on methadone 40 mg for two years and dropping myself down to 5 mg it took 2 years to get to 5 mg then I went to zubsolv 5.7 . My first experience was it got me high , I mean real high , nose itching off and euphoria out the ass . I am still feeling weird 12 hours later and I've only took one pill all day . This stuff is strong , I've taken suboxone and never felt like this , it tasted horrible though and zubsolv tastes way better . I'm giving it a try , will likely break mine in two cause it's so damn strong . I don't like feeling like this all day . But I will say I haven't been in any pain or any withdrawal all day but feel drugged out and sleepy 12 hrs later . I think it's gonna work for me but I am going to break it in two ."

Plumber dude (taken for less than 1 month) May 11, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Zubsolv (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "2 yrs on generic suboxone tablets (Roxanne Labs or Amneal brands only decent generics). I've tried to tapper with my Doc once but mentally wasn't ready. Dosage was 16mg/day or 2x8mg/day. Found out My insurance copay is the same on Zubsolv (name brand) as Generic Suboxone. Strange I thought since Name brand Suboxone Films AND Bunavail are still PRE-AUTH ONLY. Now, bare with me. Films have been on market for years but Zubsolv is $10 overnight? Ok. It's been about 10 days since starting Zubsolv. 5.7mgX2/day. No way this is a competitor to Suboxone. I love the under 10min dissolving time AND toothpaste flavor. Wife asked if Ive been taking my medicine. Yep. Im irritable, short tempered, VERY Lerhargic ZUBSOLV ACTS AS A REALLY IS A DIFFERENT DRUG FOR ME"

Zuboxone (taken for less than 1 month) May 10, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I have not started. I wanted to hear how it affected others."

roxanne12 May 10, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Zubsolv (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I am on day 3 of zubsolv and I'm still in precipitated withdrawal. I started on Sunday like the doctor told me too. I was on methadone for two years, my highest dose was 45mg. After doing the prove testing and telling them I wanted to switch to Suboxone because I know it works for me and it helped me get clean before, the doctor agreed to switch me, however my insurance doesn't cover suboxone because zubsolv won the bid for the insurance company. So with three days of taking this and basically being in withdrawal for the majority of those three days I can honestly say that I hate it. It wears off so fast, its like I'm ok for a few hours, but about 4 hours after I take it I'm in withdrawal. Its the worst withdrawal I've ever had."

Hayhay1028 (taken for less than 1 month) May 9, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Bunavail (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "My biggest problem was ease of use. The patch did not stick well to my cheek. It would often almost immediately start to roll in on the edges, sometimes ending up as a small cylinder and other times ending up completely stuck to my teeth. The rate of absorption was thus very different from dose to dose. I wasted quite a few Patches because I would often have to re apply. For me, this dosage form was not easy to use and not consistent.."

Rph77 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 6, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Zubsolv (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I was taken off of Suboxone and put on Zubsolv and it was terrible. They tell you more of the medicine is absorbed so the actual mg is lower than Suboxone or Subutex. I was ok during the day but, by the time bed time rolled around, I felt the affects of the medicine wearing off. I even kept it in my mouth for 20 minutes. Still didn't last very long. I'm now taking Subutex and feel much better! Didn't work for me, may work for some!"

Mrs. Jacobs (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 25, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Zubsolv (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I was addicted to pain meds after surgery at 20. Then I started doing heroin to stay out of W/D. 7 long years later on heroin I heard a news clip for Suboxone heading here from Europe. I jumped on the phone and got an appointment. It went great. I went through W/D for 72 hours dying all the way through. The doctor started with 1-8mg. Sub., then 2, then 3. Finally it worked for me (24mg.) I have been on Suboxone almost 17 happy years. One day my doctor wanted to switch me to Zubsolv cause he had 15 free sample script and wanted me to try it . At first it was amazing (11-4) 2x's a day, 4 hours later I was W/D. It's horrible for me. It does not work for everyone. I'm back on Subs and back to my life. Zubsolv can't compare to my Suboxone!"

Autumnwishes (taken for less than 1 month) April 24, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I used to be a serious Roxy user but when my drug dealer ran out he gave me Suboxone instead.I didn't know it at the time but once I took that Suboxone it meant that I couldn't take another Roxy for at least three days after ingesting the Suboxone.Long story short,I ended up going to a doctor and he prescribed me Suboxone.They made feel good like a Roxy but without the hangover the next day after taking Roxy.I'm also going to support groups for drug addicts that are held at my doctors office once a month.I've been on Suboxone 8/2mg for eight years now and although it helps I really want to get off of them.It's so dang hard to get off of Suboxone though.Story of my life..."

CrazyTown813 (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 23, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Zubsolv (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I hate this stuff. Once over withdrawals, may as well be off it. Still crave narcotics every day and if I was able to get vicodin, wouldn't be on this stuff. Now I'm fat, constipated, zero energy and miserable. About cry every day. Can't afford therapy and NA doesn't want anyone on this stuff since not considered clean."

baar123 April 15, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "You have to be very careful taking this drug! I know the days with Roxy's were hell but I can't remember which is worse !It's just another drug! I remember when I first got on it I was so excited because I was living a life of hell but 5 years later it is nice not to go to the street and I actually have a doctor but that's the only advantage. I'm still addicted to drugs is a tough pill to swallow !pun very intentional"

acureforthacure (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 6, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I used to use Oxy 80's up to 3 per day and I was a druggy for 12 years. Suboxone saved my life for sure."

Sublifer (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 5, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Zubsolv (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "Ok my wife has been on this zobsolv for over a week now. At first it seemed, to help her yesterday she woke up with a rash on her lower arms. She has gotten really depressed her anxiety has gone thru the roof she snaps back at the slightest things. It is not helping with her cravings, its seems the longer she takes it the further my wife becomes a different person she was doing pain pills. I'm starting to think it was better she stayed on the pain pills. Has anyone else heard of anything like this before I'm at a lost for words and idk what i need to do or what to do at this point other than start cutting her dosages down and ween her of this garbage......"

concerned hub (taken for less than 1 month) March 21, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "This stuff cures my depression. I take 1 mg a day (I cut a 2 in half). I have been a pill abuser since the 1970s and I am bipolar (I did not want to accept this diagnosis so I got 4 second opinions). I feel NO desire to abuse Suboxone and I take LESS than prescribed. I used to run through 5 Norco scripts with some additional purchases on the side. My father and sister both committed suicide so I have an extensive family history of bipolar disorder. I have no plans to discontinue this medicine, my doctor agrees. SUBOXONE SAVED MY LIFE! IT IS HIGHLY ADDICTIVE but for me, it is worth it."

Ace Aardvark (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 21, 2017

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Opiate Dependence: "I started taking SUBOXONE sublingual films without insurance but could only afford to do so for one month because of the ridiculously high price the manufacturer placed on the drug! I then found a Dr. that prescribed multiple forms of buprenorphine/naloxone enabling me to take the generic 8mg/2mg sublingual tablet that is half the price of the brand name strips! Unfortunately with no insurance, even the cheapest of generics still cost me anywhere from $130-$240 a MONTH!! Which is absolutely ridiculous!! Aside from the outrageously high price of the meds, it does work! Taken sometimes twice a day it keeps withdrawals at bay and makes you feel normal again. The drug works but it is entirely too expensive!!"

AnthonyRS (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 18, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Zubsolv (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I've been on subs off an on for years my insurance recently made me switch to zubsolve and it SUCKS!! I feel like I'm in withdrawal most of the day it has some good effects it dissolves quicker and not as constipated but as far as being better than subs no way I feel like I'm constantly craving one all day almost and if u don't take it the same time everyday your sick as hell till u do...."

Josh h March 14, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "My husband was given this medicine for opiate addiction after back surgery. He took opioids for years, and went into rehab to get off pain meds. They gave him suboxone. He was only supposed to take it for about a month, but the Dr kept giving it to him for overs year and a half. He became just as easily addicted to Suboxone as he did the opiates, and then went through terrible withdrawal. He should have been admitted for rehab , but with the help of a psychiatrist, his willpower, and myself, his wife, we managed. DO NOT EVER let your loved one take this medicine. It will keep the addiction in process. It won't make it better, it will give them something else to be addicted to."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 14, 2017

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "This medication is excellent for suppressing my cravings, for opioids! Unfortunately I cannot stay on them for more than a month due to the horrible side affects. I literally would not, sleep more than 1-2 hours a night, therefore causing hallucinations after 4 days. No bowel movement for a week at a time, and even then, would have to drink magnesium citrate. My legs would swell so bad, my lower back would hurt and put on 10-15lbs of water. Severely agitated and depressed."

Warrior from NY ny (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 13, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "This medication save my life from Methadone side effect."

Latinopr (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 9, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I started taking Suboxone, 6 years ago because I was getting off of Roxy's. I heard, at the time that it wasn't hard to get off of and was a way better choice than the roxys. Little did I know that what I was told about getting off of the Suboxone was easy was a COMPLETE LIE!!!!!! I regret the day I ever started taking them! I've tried numerous times to wean myself off, only to fail MISERABLY! I also have tried to medically detox but of course you know what happened.. FAIL.. If you are thinking of trying this or Subutex PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT... It may take a week to a week and a ½ to get over the withdrawals of roxys, Loritab, even oxys but getting off of the Suboxone/Subutex takes at least 3-6 months.."

Kla.ET March 6, 2017

21 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I got hooked on painkillers because of chronic neck pain and have been so for the last 9 years. I have detox cold turkey at least a hundred times off of painkillers. Each time I wanted to die. This time I finally got on some suboxone and I mean to tell you that stuff is a miracle drug. First day I took 4 milligrams second day 4 milligrams third and fourth day. I'm going to cut the last 8 milligram strip into quarters and take that for four days and then I'm going to be done and I I'm never going to go back on the painkillers again it's too hard to get off of but that Suboxone works like a miracle."

Tobe or not Tobe (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 5, 2017