User Reviews for Buprenorphine / naloxone

Also known as: Bunavail, Suboxone, Zubsolv

Learn more about Buprenorphine/naloxone.

Opiate Dependence 573 reviews 8 medications

8.8
Summary of Buprenorphine/naloxone reviews 573 reviews 8.8

Reviews for Buprenorphine/naloxone

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I was hooked on opiates for 10 years! Mostly snorting oxy and perks for the first 7 to 8 years and the last 2 years I was introduced to morphine H and hydromorphone as well as the needle. Although I was a mess all these years it wasn't until I tried the needle that opened my eyes to my addiction. I went downhill fast. I tried everything but there was no stopping this. I tried cold turkey to quit a few times and almost went crazy and died from sickness. The sickness I started to feel from the needle was way worse than it ever was sniffing. I knew I had to get off but I tried methadone before and it didn't help me it made me feel the exact opposite of how suboxone makes me feel. Subs=energy,happy,stable,no urges, not stoned"

YourTypicalCanadianGuy (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 16, 2017

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "It was time to stop the use of pain meds. However, I was terrified of the possible withdrawals & I still needed something for pain. So my research pinpointed Suboxone as a positive option. The good seemed to outweigh the bad because I was also concerned about it itself becoming a problem. So my pain dr agreeded it was a good option 4 me w/ so many issues (Fibromyalsia, Osteoarthritis, PCOS, a botched c section incision w/ tramped nerves, a lower abdomen hernia, a torn achilles in left ankle, & tendinitis in my left elbow, just to name a few!) The hardest part was going 24 hrs w/o meds. It ended up being 36hrs. I started it monitored in my Dr office 8mg/2mg films. No precipitated withdrawals & I felt great. I feel like me again! Lifesaver!"

Rue Girl (taken for less than 1 month) January 15, 2017

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "Suboxone is an absolute god send for opiate detox. I've been to rehab twice for Opiates, including Heroin, Methadone, and Oxycodone. I felt next to NOTHING, no withdrawal after doing a Suboxone detox. The first time it was a 7 day detox.. then 2nd time it was a 12 day detox. it shouldn't be used any longer than that.. 14 days MAX. Unless you want to do maintnance for life. You have to wait AT LEAST 24 hours of NO opiate use before you can take Suboxone.. 72 hours for methadone! or you'll go into precipitated withdrawal! which is the worst!"

EuphoricDetox (taken for less than 1 month) January 14, 2017

Bunavail (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I was on Suboxone for about 5 years when I became pregnant. During my pregnancy my Doc had me on Subutex and then after my pregnancy it was time to go back to Suboxone. My Doc gave me Bunavail instead. Like somebody else mentioned, it said it was 4.2 mg instead of 8 and my addict brain immediately did not like that. And when I first started it, I HATED it. I would take a whole piece in my right cheek and it BARELY touched my withdraws. I had to wait for it to melt, which takes FOREVER, and then take another one. BUT, one day I put it in my left cheek just to mix it up, and I was SHOCKED that it worked! So well that I actually felt nausious. Ever since I've been using my left cheek and have had no problems, besides the time it takes to melt."

TeriLynn419 January 12, 2017

Bunavail (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I was an absolute mess for 17 years until 7 years ago when I found the answer to my prayers, suboxone, and ever since I became established with a doctor and insurance life's back to normal. So I am an absolute supporter of bupenorphine/naloxone and I switched to Bunavail because I could no longer tolerate the taste of the subs. And 5-6 months later I have had not 1 problem with them. My daughter also tried them but she experiences withdrawals within a few hours and she doesn't like them. Just goes to show how much it varies from person to person. My advice is to at least try them if you for whatever reason are considering making the switch. The taste is definitely tolerable and the convenience of being able to talk while dosing is great!"

Gammiemay January 10, 2017

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I see all of the bad reviews and information that is not really the way things work for me. So in the year of 2000 after being injured causing permanent disability eye doctor introduced me to Lortab 10 milligram and oxycodone 5 milligram. By the end of my pill habit was on over 1000 pills a month and tried many different narcotics to help with my pain that really was just helping with my addiction. I was very scared. Just take Suboxone. I had to take Suboxone because Florida's Crackdown on over prescribing. Don't be scared to take Suboxone. I took my first Suboxone wow I couldn't believe it I was sober and not feeling like I was dying"

FloridaEpidemic (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 6, 2017

For Opiate Dependence: "I hate Bunavail! It makes my legs ache, and the tops of my feet feel bruised all the time to the point I can hardy walk!"

Lisa1123 January 6, 2017

Zubsolv (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I was on Suboxone for the past 5+ years, first on the original,orange, stop sign shaped pills(2years), then switched to the Suboxone Strips for the past 3&1/2 years, but recently had to change to Zubsolv, due to my insurance no longer covering any other form of buprenorphine, other than Zubsolv. At first, I was very nervous about it, since I was taking 24mg per day of the strips & the Zubsolv equivalent was only 17.1mg per day(3- 5.7/1.4mg Tablets). I decided to just keep an open mind & not get to caught up in the different mg totals, since Zubsolv is better absorbed. It took a few days to get used to, but I honestly can't tell any difference, other than taste "

Kris235 January 5, 2017

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "Dear Hopeful and I wish you all luck, Because you will need all the luck in the world if you choose this way to get clean from an addiction problem. It will never happen it is actually 100 times harder to get off subs than any drug. It will make you loose any personality you have not to mention friends, sig others, all your sex drive. You will be depressed tired mean moody and miserable all the time. Trust me this is no way to end ur problem will only create bigger ones than before. U will loose interest in your family your dreams and life. So suck it up its 7-10 days be sick trust me it will beat the mos of misery getting off of subs . I promise don't put a bandaid on something that you will live through. Trust me the hell isnt worth it"

manda83 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 4, 2017

For Opiate Dependence: "Pretty good so far is helpful alot"

Ferran2591 (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 28, 2016

Bunavail (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I was on Percocets for 7 years and then I started using Suboxone when I was ready to quit I used suboxone for two years,I ran out of subs one month and one of my friends gave me 10 strips of bunavile and I had to take 3 strips to stop withdrawal it didn't give me half the feeling that the sub gave me so I end up quitting Suboxone and everything cold turkey very very tough but I did it... I relapse 6 months later used for a month and decided to quit again this time I didn't use any suboxone I went straight to the bunavile I actually cut the patch in half and took 1/2 each day for the first 5 days after that I just stopped just to see if I was going to have any withdrawal but it never came now I'm just trying to be strong and stay clean..."

Duke Holliday December 28, 2016

Zubsolv (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "Okay. my zubsolv experience so far has been good when I actually had the medication. At this very moment I am out and the pharmacies in my area NEVER have them in stock. I switched from suboxone to zubsolv because the state insurance stopped covering suboxone and started covering Zubsolv. Now, I don't mind this, but it's a bitch to get! They need to have their pharmacies carry it or else a lot of you are going to be sick over the weekend because they have to order it and they don't receive shipments during the weekend. I'm going through this right now and tomorrow is Christmas. I called every damn pharmacy and they all told me the same thing. Other than all the issues that come with trying to get my medicine, zubsolv works well for me"

Shaypoots December 25, 2016

Bunavail (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I was taking suboxone for about a year in a half I found new Dr. They gave me Bunavail 4.2 twice a day I get 60 a month and I split it with my lady we both take 1 a day. We are good I love the taste of them compared to subs I don't like the subs. I was prescribed 2x a day for subs too and I did the same sharing so same effect with the medicine. I'm blessed and happy loving life Day by day...."

kukhahn313 December 14, 2016

Zubsolv (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I started on Sub 1 1/2 ago. My addiction blew up after a cancer dx. Sub caused mouth sores. I should have never ever started on these medications! Once an addict always an addict! The wean process is pure hell! I feel like this must be what heroin addicts go through in jail. I hate myself for agreeing to this. Don't do it! It's so hard to get off. You think Vicodin is hard just wait. I was happy too when I first started. Soon the addict in you will take a couple more in a day. U can't be on it forever. The pain from weaning is no joke! U will abuse this & come up short I promise youI!!"

Bearcan1230 December 13, 2016

Zubsolv (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I feel like Zubsolv puts you into withdrawal too fast and that's after splitting mine up to 4x a day even. Suboxone never did this I could go hours past my typical dosing time and not even realize the time had passed. It does taste better but personally I feel it is less effective. I miss suboxone I feel like the Zubsolv is making me irritable and I bet its because I'm withdrawing even though they claim this is the same dose as far as what's absorbed. if that's true then I wouldn't feel this way. I have to stay on it though because with the copay card you can Google and print off it is costing me $0 which is so much better than $186 a month!"

randomwomen (taken for less than 1 month) December 9, 2016

Zubsolv (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I have had GREAT success with Zubsolv! I started out on Suboxone Films, but the taste just got to be too much for me so my Doctor put me on Zubsolv instead. In my experience it is WAY better and I just celebrated my 1 year clean anniversary. I am CLEAN and enjoying life, please ask me any questions you have, if any, I would love to help!!! :)"

KaraKaye1818 December 9, 2016

Zubsolv (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I've used heroin for 2 years after one year it became a everyday thing I was so hooked and scared to stop using as the withdrawals were horrible - it made me so scared not to have heroin. Being so tired of wasting money and disappointing my family I got the courage to call a Dr I found from suboxone.com..he prescribed zubsolv After a week on zubsolv I woke up one morning feeling in such a good mood I felt like I didn't need anymore opiates in my life and have so much more goals in life now!! And I can actually see me progressing in life and having the good things it offers....DONT BE SCARED TT GET HELP JUST DO IT!"

Finnally back! (taken for less than 1 month) December 4, 2016

Zubsolv (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I switched to Zubs after being on Subs for 3 months. They are so much better. I'm not sure if people understand the dosing though. It's not a lower dose than Suboxone. Zubsolv has a higher concentration therefore the 5.7/1.4 is equal to the 8/2. The two medications are identical except Zubs taste a lot better and dissolves faster. I, like most of us, was a very heavy user, and I don't start to feel withdrawal symptoms after taking my Zubs for at least 3 days. I didn't read through all the posts, but the few I did, the people were still using, so of course you're going to experience withdrawal faster...you're still using!!"

Cheeky72 (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 3, 2016

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "So much horrible information in the comment section, my god, no wonder everyone is a mess! First off, Suboxone should NOT be used LONG TERM, thats just wasted money in Big Pharmas pocket. Secondly, normal opiate withdrawls (PAWS) is only 3 to 7 days (I've never had more than 4), medicine like oxycodone has a SUPER SHORT half life and is out of your body quickly. The issue is that you brain needs time to rebalance itself so you become hypersensitive with the flood of chemicals as they try to even out. Suboxone has a 36hr half life give or take so a day after you take it plus some added time, its still in your system. Suboxone should be taken for 4 or 5 days tops, that will have it in your system up to the 7 day point. Thats all you need."

EducatedSmartGuy23 December 2, 2016

Zubsolv (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "1st day on Zubsolv. I have no history with Suboxone and I cant compare the two. For the last year, I was averaging 20 days of the month on 150MG of MD per day and 200MG of Hydro or Oxy for the other 10 days of the month. My source of MD went to clinic every two weeks so I always would be out of MD with 4 or 5 days remaining before this person went back to clinic. Sad but true and I accept that I am an idiot. Anyways, 24 days ago I just jumped CT. It was as bad as all you have read about MD. I was desperate and called a clinic and got on Zubsolv. Within 30 minutes all the anxiety, pain all over, lack of motivation etc. was fading. 1 hour later, I am like a different person. Based on 1 day, I am a fan."

OpiateIdiot (taken for less than 1 month) November 29, 2016

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "Started with Percs, moved to straight oxy at 100-120mg/day. Never beyond that. Tried a half dozen times to go cold turkey. Not much luck. Closest I have ever gotten is with Sub. Problem is that with Sub you are still just taking opiates in a slightly different form. That's why it "works so well." The problem comes when you stop the Sub. The hardest jump is from some opiates to NO opiates. No matter what, you're going to experience withdrawal. You have to pay the piper at some point, even though some methods (like a taper) might make it a little easier. Anyone who says that withdrawal is just a weekend on the couch is selling you a bill of goods (or, is the doctor encouraging you to take the pills). Be prepared for 10 days."

LAPillhead (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 28, 2016

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "Suboxone has completely turned my life around. I feel healthier, I'm excelling at my job and I always have money in my pocket and my savings account. I had none of those before Suboxone and spent years abusing oxycontin. My paycheck was already spent by the time I got it and I started resorting to scheming and stealing to fund my addiction. All that is history. If you're ready to stop, there's a good chance that suboxone will put you on the path of great life again. I have found the side-effects to be minimal compared to oxycontin. I'm actually sleeping better. Slight constipation is about it for me. It truly is amazing. The cost pales in comparison to what I spent on oxycontin."

Johnnyboy67 November 27, 2016

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "Suboxone works wonders...i got off a 1 year habit of about HalfGram to 1Gram a day of GOOD STUFF (the best black tar around Downtown LA I think) with only 3 8MG pills ...take 3 MG a day for about a week and you should be fine... Thank God for being clean ...NA and AA meetings really help..God Bless"

Anonymous November 16, 2016

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "My experience taking suboxone was the complete opposite of what I thought it would be. I always viewed suboxone as the lesser of two evils between methadone because suboxone contains naloxone so you technically can't get "high". Not that I have anything against people who choose methadone as their recovery route, I have actually tried methadone In the past to actually get high and well... I succeeded lol. When I started taking suboxone I got really bad side effects after the first month of taking it. I would severely sweat to the point I wanted to bash my head thru a wall. It was so rough on my body. But my maintenance program doctor just said it was "withdrawals" because when you take the pill every day I guess you're technically withdrawling from the one you took the day before due to the long half life on suboxone. So his idea was to up my dose to 12 mg to see if the sweating would go away (I didn't see the logic in that idea too). Anyways it didn't so he tossed me some clonodine, which helped a little. But the side effects kept adding up such as headaches, severe constipation to the point I had to use daily enemas (not normal), abdominal pains came too along with nausea and vomiting (every day). It just got to the point where my mind and body couldn't be on the medication anymore. I was on it for 7 long months months even trying to ween myself down on my own. That was a struggle too seeing how the withdrawals from suboxone are supposedly worse than heroin sickness, which my doctor and counselor kindly reminded me after I was already hooked. It was a messy time in my life. Suboxone gave me severe anxiety which left me buying benzos off the street just to mellow me out. I went to a weekly suboxone maintenance program on purpose. To get piss tested weekly and to have a doctor and counselor help me move forward. But instead I felt I was moving 10 steps back. My only option to get off the suboxone (which was my choice, ^obviously); was to get the vivitrol shot and have 3 bad days of sickness but be off suboxone. Took me a week to build myself up to do it because I was terrified of how bad the sickness was gonna be. Choosing the vivitrol shot had to be the best worst idea I have ever made. I did get violently sick after it but it went away. Plus my doctor who gave me the shot helped me out with some comfort meds, so it wasn't all that bad. That was in December 2015 that I've received the shot and have been clean since. So my advice for any addict whose struggling on which route to take for recovery, just get the shot. They'll give comfort meds for the first couple days, then after that you'll be shackle free from drugs. I'm tellin ya, choose vivitrol if you need to detox. For others who take suboxone for other reasons such as pain or etc. power to you; but if ya'll are struggling out there and want to get sober quick, vivitrols the answer. Methadone and suboxone will just make you sicker down the road."

Maureen1995 November 14, 2016

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I was addicted to pain pills for 35 years and didn't think I would ever live a normal life again until I found Suboxone - it literally saved my life. I started out taking Emprin #4 - that's what my OB/GYN prescribed after I had my first baby - and I have to admit I was immediately drawn to the euphoric feeling I got from taking one little pill. They were easy to get at first, but as my habit grew I got more creative and started forging scripts. Eventually, I ended up in jail, lost several fantastic jobs, almost lost my family. I hear Suboxone is harmful if taken long-term, but I've been on it for 8 yrs and don't ever plan on stopping - it's the only way I can function normally so it's worth the risk for me."

WittyTinker (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 9, 2016