User Reviews for Buprenorphine / naloxone

Also known as: Bunavail, Suboxone, Zubsolv

Learn more about Buprenorphine/naloxone.

Opiate Dependence 528 reviews 8 medications

8.8
Summary of Buprenorphine/naloxone reviews 528 reviews 8.8

Reviews for Buprenorphine/naloxone

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "Getting onto suboxone was the best decision I've made for a long time. A lot of people don't like it because it doesn't get you real high after about 7 days of being on it, suboxone is there for people that genuinely want to get off the skag, if your not one off these people then get on the methadone and stop badmouthing suboxone, its saved my life and a lot of money, instead of thousands of dollars a month I only pay 60 now. Take care all"

Bobbet July 21, 2016

Zubsolv (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I was in a horrid motorcycle accident and ended up having to take almost 8 10mg Norco a day to feel good/normal. I went to a doctor who told me the Norcos were causing the pain now and I needed to get off. Skeptical but hopeful I tried the doc's plan. First 3 days I was on Subutex which I started as soon as my withdrawals started and it took 2 pills before my withdrawals stopped after about 10 minutes. I continued on that dose for 2 more days and then started Suboxone strips and after about 6 months my doc switched me to Zubsolv. I cut down Zubsolv, as tolerable, from 2 pills a day to a quarter pill then quit. 4 days later I think I'm feeling a lot better but I still need more time to normalize. Hope this helps!"

Mick3 (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 19, 2016

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "The sub's, are keeping well from opiod withdraw. And It is keeping me out of pain! I take a buprenorphine patch 20 milligram I wear it for 7 days it works fine. I was taking the patch and taking oxycodone. I got on the Suboxons to get off the oxy's. So I'm asking can I just stop soboxoñ and apply the patch??"

Pain warrior (taken for less than 1 month) July 15, 2016

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "This drug was a monster for me. I took it to get off opiate pain medication thru the VA. My legs and feet swelled to enormous proportions and the pain was terrific. The VA uses veterans as guinea pigs. Stay away."

Billy B. July 11, 2016

Zubsolv (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "Recently switched to Zubsolv 8.6 after 3 years on 12mg Suboxone strips. My doctor and I had discussed making the first move in the weaning process, and when my insurance no longer would pay for Suboxone but would pay on Zubsolv, this seemed like the most natural progression. It is reported that Zubsolv has greater bioavailability than Suboxone. For me it has thus far been a fairly smooth transition. I continue to have no cravings, nor have I experienced any W/D symptoms."

I'm the man! (taken for less than 1 month) July 2, 2016

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I was a herion addict for 10yrs and at my rock bottom lost everything, sold everything even my beloved dog just for a bag, sick isnt the word for herion addiction, I had know way out. One got caught stealing cell phones from my family members, I was in jail detoxing thinking I was going to die. Once I got out jail clean I was determined to find a suboxone doctor and I did it was the best choice I have ever made! Now im 2 years clean and suboxone was a important tool and helping me do so! I owe my life to suboxone and it really offends me when people bash the drug because its a true life saving drug!"

Mikeryan1225 (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 26, 2016

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "You know, nothing in life is perfect..and as addicts we should know. Suboxone, like any medication has its ticks. Constipation, sleepiness, that's my side effects. However, would I trade that for the lying, stealing, anxiety, ocd, withdrawal worries, etc etc? My answer is NO. Hell NO. I struggled and fought on my own thinking I could manage my addiction myself for 10 long years. Through 2 births, my husbands 12 deployments, that was the hardest 10 years of my life. It's nice to know life doesn't have to be that difficult and that with Suboxone as a tool, not a fix-all thing, I'm gonna make it. Life with Suboxone is much better than life without it. Period. ( bought off friends during those 10 years as a detox, but been on maintenance 21mth)"

IfIcanUcan (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 24, 2016

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "This medication doesn't really provide the relief I am looking for. You really do not feel this medication as you would even say oxycodone, however it is so potent that not only does it bind with every opiate receptor in your brain, it begins creating new ones and fitting into receptors that are not opiate receptors causing damage to the brain. Many people that are aware of this take the lowest dose possible being 2 mg. Methadone is its own evil in itself, however I think any opiate besides this one is better due to its extreme destruction to the brain and the use of Naloxone, which causes damage to your kidneys, liver and other organs."

Foxtrotz (taken for less than 1 month) June 24, 2016

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "Works great to kick a opiate habit but a f**king nightmare to get off of. I've had to stop because I'm pregnant and I haven't slept more than 2 hours a night in a week, go back and forth with having diarrhea and being constipated from being so dehydrated, my skin won't stop crawling. It's a nightmare and I've only been taking it for about 3 or 4 months and was down to a 1/4 of a strip, skipping days when I could. I wish I just would have detoxed the hard way for a few days."

Chick12345 June 23, 2016

Bunavail (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I was put on Bunavail because of the constipation I was having on the Bup's. I used to take 2mg twice a day...my Doc told me how great this new Bunavail is, yada yada. The first two days of it, I was going thru WD's! My moods were awful, I was clammy but hot, sweating, chills, no appetite. So my Doc tells me to double my dosage, and finally I feel better...no more WD's, but my gosh...the mood swings...I'm like a crazy woman on her period, ready to snap on the next person that irritates me. That's NOT like me, I'm always rainbows and butterflies, and I hate this. While the constipation has gotten better, it's still there. I'd rather have to take laxatives then deal with these mood swings. I'll give it another month until my next appointment"

LindseyLouLou June 19, 2016

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "Life saving! Im so happy to have this drug, I was a severe herion/opioid dependent for 8+ years, I got pregnant and got off the dope, seeked council whoch led me to methadone clinic. It was a way to maintain with a baby without full withdraw/detox. Skip 2 years of maintenance methadone. Finally took the leap to suboxone. 100% best decision I could ever do for myself and my Family. Both my husband and myself are addicts, together when using we were going to either get a divorce , go to jail , or die. You cannot uae narcotics on thus drug. If you do you will be very sick, or in my case you spend enough money to realize that you can do copious amounts of dope and not feel any different ! That's life changing !"

Kylijah (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 18, 2016

Bunavail (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I absolutely love this drug! I hated taking my subs and this is hands down 100% easier to take. It does take some getting used to that gummy feeling on my cheek but I don't even notice it now."

76'erfan (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 31, 2016

Bunavail (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "This medication is awful. It rolls up every time you put it in your cheek. It literally takes hours to dissolve. One 4.2mg bunavail doesn't even come close to the equivalent of one 8mg suboxone. It's a shame that these shady pharmaceutical companies can use money to push inferior medicine through the fda and get it to addicts who can't even figure out how to take the stuff let alone use it as a replacement therapy to stay clean."

Kaboness (taken for less than 1 month) May 29, 2016

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "Hooked on heroin for 5 years. Never thought I'd get off of it. Now, I'm a mother and a teacher because of suboxone. It saved my life."

Angiefeenwood (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 26, 2016

Bunavail (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I have been on Suboxone type medications since 2002 and it is now 2016; therefore, I would consider that I have tremendous experience with buprenorphine over the years. Suboxone Tablets then film for 7-10 years, tried Zubsolve, which was an awful experience. Finally Bunavail. I was taking 24-32 mg of Suboxone and I've been very very happy with Bumavail because I'm down to 12.6 mg a day. This is the only medication that I can take as prescribed and am feeling less medicated. I absolutely love it. Those who say it's terrible; maybe, but I have an inkling that he or she is just stuck and fears trying something new."

noonce (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 26, 2016

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "Suboxone great for short detox but terrible for longterm maintenance program"

Scaredforlife May 26, 2016

Zubsolv (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I've been perscribed suboxone in the past & it always worked. Although I wasn't too happy when I started to feel physically reliant( & bc I was not forwarned by anyone). My new doctor wrote me a script for zubsolv. My sub dosage was 16mg daily (2 8mg strips). The first day on zubs was horrible I was in full withdrawal with no effect I even took double what was perscribed bc I thought it might be that & it was low to begin with ( just 2 5.7mg tabs per day) & with no prevail. I suffered for 3 straight days it did not work at all. Finally on day 3 I felt some relief but I'm sure it's just because I was through the worst of my detox. I would not recommend this to anyone for the sole reason it's not worth the risk. It could make you relapse."

Vangogh93 May 19, 2016

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I have been on subs for 7 years and have been very successful with my family and career! Two weeks ago I decided I don't want to depend on anything but my self, well I thought...... I have been taking just a quarter strip for one year now and If I skip a day I can barely function. Called my doctor and he told me there's no withdraw..... Bullshit!!!!!!! It's been two weeks I haven't takin it and I still can't sleep at night, my back feels like it's on fire, and I just got done puking my guts out! This has been the hardest thing I have EVER had to overcome! If your serious about getting clean DO NOT take this for a long period of time! Yes it helps the cravings but not your addiction!"

Nogood4 u May 16, 2016

For Opiate Dependence: "First year of suboxone was great. Slowly started isolation and withdrawal from responsibilities like brushing my teeth, social activities, get up and go back to bed and isolate watching TV. Terrible feeling in the morning. Tried altering dosages. Nothing helps."

daveyw May 15, 2016

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "OK love you all first off but can't believe what I am reading, people saying opiate withdraws are three days lmao. You are not even dependent on them then. I've been to day 25 and felt worse than day three. The shits cramps no sleep every muscle and bones hurt can't eat lost 20 pounds. And none of it is in your head no shrink can help your pain how stupid. Couldn't even possibly make it to a shrink. And I have a degree in chemical dependency drug counseling. Its a joke. Helps no one. Now on to suboxone sure it keeps you from opiate withdrawals but its ten times worse to kick post accute withdrawals from suboxone can last up to two years. You can never get off it it could kill you for real. No one on box is even close to out of hot water"

Joe dirt (taken for 10 years or more) May 15, 2016

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "Every person has a different experience. I have noticed that it works for people who want it to work. If you're not ready, it won't work. The experience I'm having is that I am not ready to come off of it do to back injury. If you're ready it will work and probably save your life. Don't be another statistic"

Sick and Twisted (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 13, 2016

Bunavail (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "awful!this med is soooo bad.doesn't stick to cheek or absorb the BUP.It had me doubting myself?And........ahhhhhhh."......Why are they pushing this BS??????worst 2 weeks I have had in treatment..........Sick,withdrawing, but go back toDr Tuesday to change back to suboxone,almost relapsed"........Hating the Insurance now for only covering this stuff?"

Chickmunk April 30, 2016

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "Ok, I've been an opiate addict for 11 years. First it was Hydrocodone, 80mg daily, for 2.5 years. Second it was Oxycodone, 160mg daily, for 3 years. Third it was Heroin, smoking 1g daily, for 1.5 years. Then it was Methadone, 120mg daily, for 4 years. I got myself into a 5 star rehab. They got me down to 35mg of methadone first, then switched me to Suboxone. It was a life saver. Amazing drug. I'm now Narcotics free. Thank you TONS Suboxone.. You gave me my family and life back."

Buprenorphine_8mg (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 23, 2016

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "Helps"

Tom50 April 23, 2016

Zubsolv (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I had been prescribed to suboxone for about 1 year. I heard about zubsolv at my doctors office and found out it was much cheaper than suboxone. My doctor wrote me a per scription for zubsolv( 5.7 ). I stayed on zubsolv for about 1 month. It tastes nasty but will dissolve in about 5 minutes. Zubsolv didn't even compare to suboxone, it actually made me feel horrible."

Risarae April 21, 2016