User Reviews for Buprenorphine / naloxone

Opiate Dependence
8.5

Summary of Buprenorphine/naloxone reviews 8.4 671 reviews

Reviews for Buprenorphine/naloxone

For Opiate Dependence: "Buprenorphine with naloxone is an excellent medication. Miracle drug. If you are addicted to opiate pain pills - this medication will stop your craving for opiates and stop your body from going into withdrawals. This medication does NOT get you high. If you are addicted to pain pills and you want to stop using- this medication is the cure."

Slim (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 18, 2018

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I am a multi drug user. Dependant on opioids for 20 years and stimulants off and on for 20 years. I was diagnosed with MDD in my twenties. Now 56. The medication has nearly eradicated my cravings for opioids and even more important for me I have no PTSD type flashbacks/cravings for stimulants eg. methamphetamine. The specific action at the Kappa receptors has mostly cured my depression. I have joy and excitement back in my life. The relief from depression occurred at around day two. I sometimes feel difficulty breathing, perhaps some edema. Some loss of sex drive. Some weight gain. Unless I decide to detox from this one day, I plan on staying on this medication for the rest of my life. Certainly as long as the antidepressant effect holds out."

Clem (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 14, 2018

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "For 5 years I was taking up to eight 30mg Roxicodone daily. I've been researching Suboxone for almost 2 years but was always too scared to make the switch. Well in January of this year I decided to go for it and so far it was the best decision I ever made. On the day of my induction I waited 24 hours from my last roxy dose and took a full strip. I waited about 10 minutes and didn't feel much relief so then I took another one and within 5 minutes I felt great. I think I needed two strips because of the high amount of Roxy I was on. Anyways, less than 5 months later I'm taking 4 mg a day and SO FAR I FEEL GREAT!! I am more motivated, I got most of my libido back, I'm not as constipated, I HAVE ZERO WITHDRAWAL SYMPTOMS. I feel much better and my mind is much clearer then its been in a long time. So for anyone who has agonized over taking suboxone and scared to make the switch, all I can say is DO IT. If you don't like it you can always go back, but you gotta try."

DecemberGuy May 3, 2018

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "After using norco' s Percocet, soma, tiazadine, morphine IR, ER, Kadian, for my chronic pain syndrome, DDD, knee, finger, joint pain. I just started with the subprime 2.0-5mg, I immediately suffering with a headache, shakes, and jittery feelings. Muscles got super tight. X is bad."

Turbo Tony (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 30, 2018

For Opiate Dependence: "The actavis, (half moon/155) buprenorphine 8/naloxone2mg are hands down the BEST generic form of suboxone. I actually like them much more than the strips. No taste, bitter or anything, and seems to paste at least as long if not longer than strips. Without that horrid taste!!!"

Hessssss (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 28, 2018

For Opiate Dependence: "Activus is the worst generic that I've ever taken. You will be in withdrawal if you use it. This comment won't get through, because they only take positive feedback."

jskess002 (taken for less than 1 month) April 24, 2018

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "Switched to tabs due to irritation and sores on tongue from the strips. Tabs made significant difference as I think I may have had reaction to a product in strips. Been clean and on suboxone for seven years. So thankful for this medication "

Jolene (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 18, 2018

Zubsolv (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "This medicine saved my life I was on it for 2 years just finished 3 months ago, the withdraw was mild due to how I tapered off. My only issue with it was the withdrawal symptoms seem to last slightly longer then your standard pain pill type medication. But I would highly recommend just make sure you’re ready to commit to this medicine. Any one that’s taking this or suboxone needs to tapper properly or you’ll have a really bad time."

Doug (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 2, 2018

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I was taking up to 30 oxys a day for at least 6 months. Not even worth it though. I went to the doctor he prescribed me 16mg of suboxone a day and 100mg of Zoloft. The very next day I was back to myself again! 9 months later after tapering down to 2mg a day the doc said it's time to get off for good. I was ready but not for the withdrawals part... Luckily my doctor will not let me suffer during this and having kids it just makes everything intensify. He prescribed 2 kolonipin a day and a nausea medication. Boy I was loopy! But no sweats and I just felt tired all day rather than withdrawing. This is my 5th day suboxone free, yesterday I took half kolonipin and woke up feeling pretty damn good! I would suggest being on a antidepressant during these withdrawals due to the long lasting mental effects it has on our body's. Just letting everyone know there is a light at the end of this tunnel. Just stay positive that YOU WILL FEEL BETTER!!!!!"

Kklou (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 30, 2018

For Opiate Dependence: "I have been on subs for 4 years, and thank goodness because it saved my life. I don't have any problems with the medication except a little sweating once and a while. They are addictive though because my ex partner started taking them, now he's hooked badly. He can't do anything without it. The only bad thing about them is that you can't get it in cheap generic form. And who can afford the Drs visit and 400 for the subs. Luckily or maybe unluckily I'm disabled. So Medicaid takes care of that. So for me it's a good alternative to taking 30 pain pills a day."

Jess (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 29, 2018

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "Saying that buprenorphine is less addictive and easier to come off of is complete rubbish, this is the worst thing I have ever withdrawn from. In my experience losing my bicep, peck muscle, and breast, I have extensive damage. I was put on opiates in the hospital and then my quack of a family doctor switched me to subs despite my surgeon's instructions. I would much rather go without my pain meds that have to experience a withdrawal from this. It did nothing for my pain, and made my life condemned to my bed again. It changed my personality to be hostile and just angry. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone."

Broken wing (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 28, 2018

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I have been addicted to opiates, opioids or anything like it for the past 8-10 years. I recently was addicted to poppy seed tea, which I had a good supply of high potency seeds, so I was extremely dependant on the tea for the last 7 years or so of my life. I was spending $20-$30 a day on it and it took 1-3 hours a day of my life away from my family to get and make the tea. Not to mention the embarrassment. After losing my good supplier I switched back to codeine, which wasn't doing the trick. Needless to say I was hooked and had no easy way out. Anytime I tried to quit, I went through horrible withdrawals, crushing depression and anxiety. Even after a week of not taking, the depression was getting worse and worse. I had to use, just so I wouldn't kill myself it felt like. Totally trapped. I made the decision to start taking suboxone last week. Best decision of my life!!!"

LaNdo March 25, 2018

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "Pain in penis during sex"

Jb March 14, 2018

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I have been taking Suboxone for 10 years as the alternative to an opiate addiction. I do not abuse the RX, and I have cut myself down to one half per day with the help of my doctor and supportive love around me. My personal opinion of Suboxone is that it can be hard for some patients to control themselves, take the correct dosage, or even not go back to opiates. Who knows my future, I am the only one who can control me...we all have to be strong, we have the tools in front of us to help us if we so choose. Pain meds are handed out to easily by these pushy little docs..it’s all a game..all for the mighty dollar! Let’s prove them all wrong! Stay strong friends!"

dear_prudence (taken for 10 years or more) March 8, 2018

For Opiate Dependence: "Been on Suboxone for almost 2 yrs. I take 4mg in am & 4mg in pm. This drug has helped save my life! I do find that the smaller dose is better. I was prescribed 8mg X 3 per day. Could never take that amount."

Liz March 2, 2018

Zubsolv (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I have been on opiates for 17 years after a truck rear-ended me from a dead stop..I went to this pain doctor who is to help me get off the pain pills not to keep you on them. I started a few weeks ago, using zubsolv 5.7-12.1.4, I did my research on this drug and found it to be stronger than the subs..I must say how easy it is and was for me to adjust to them. It is a very clean drug treatment .I take three a day, still a little pain I do have, but to me this is a God send..for me this is not about getting a buzz, like I see so many do with the subs..first month, I am keeping a logged paper back book for me to write down my problems if I have any..."

mac666 (taken for less than 1 month) February 25, 2018

Zubsolv (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "Please do not take this medicine with a SSRI else you may get serotonin syndrome. for example: Luvox CR"

He February 18, 2018

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "The medication works good but the side effects are more intense in some people."

Meems123 February 16, 2018

Zubsolv (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I started out on Suboxone strips at 12 mg a day( 4mg three a day) yes the subs worked but I absolutely hated taking them. They take forever to dissolve and tasted awful. I would almost rather go through oxy W/D than have to take a Sub. So I struggled taking subs as they were prescribed so I kept using for the majority of the time I was prescribed simply bc I thought they were that disgusting, not saying they weren't effective when I did take them. Anyways, recently I switched insurance companies and they didn't cover Suboxone so I had to switch to ZUBSOLV......WOW wish I knew about this a long time ago! I actually almost enjoy taking Zubsolv (I take 1 5.7/1.4mg pill a day) It tastes like one of those wintergreen lifesavers and dissolves waaaay quicker than Suboxone. I am extremely grateful for this medication. ZUBSOLV is a game changer."

Mick1010 February 15, 2018

For Opiate Dependence: "I was given Zubsolv for severe, ACUTE back pain resulting from a fall. I have many responsibilities and need to be able to function until my chiropractor can help, or I’m referred to a surgeon...I haven’t run across anything, seriously anything stating Zubsolv is used “off label” for pain...anyone have any experience using Zubsolv for acute pain?"

MJillian107 (taken for less than 1 month) February 13, 2018

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "Montana has a shortage of suboxone doctors. There is an internet list for this state but I found out this list is old and the doctors listed are retired, one is dead, and the others moved away. There is a telemedicine clinic which accepts medicaid. This states medicaid expansion is being cut back in increments. My insurance requires a face to face provider which another branch of the chain clinic features. I know another patient who has a mainline health plan but when the medicaid reimbursement funds dry up the clinic will close. It's doubtful they will stay open for 2 patients."

Ravilya S. (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 10, 2018

For Opiate Dependence: "I wouldn't recommend this generic to anyone who is accustomed to Suboxone. If you must switch to this generic, it's better than nothing, but not nearly as effective as Suboxone. This drug is subpar at best. You will experience withdrawal if you switch from Suboxone to this generic."

Elle077 February 1, 2018

Zubsolv (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I'm on Zubsolve for the first month. I was prescribed 5.7 mg 1 and a half times a day. I tried that dose, and almost went into full withdrawals. I've been taking 12 mg of Suboxone strips for a year now. And all of a sudden my insurance wanted me to switch. Today is day 22 and I've used all my meds. I left a message with my Doc and have not heard back yet. I wouldn't recommend this med to anyone. I'm in full withdrawal right now, and I'm going to a new doc on Friday. Please say no to it, I've been fine on 12 mg of suboxone until now!"

MsMark (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 24, 2018

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I started my opiate dependence like many others; Pain killers. I was taking 300mg of Percoset a day. It got expensive, then came heroin, never with needles. After my husband died of an overdose, I didn't even recognize the person that I was. Addicted for 10 years. So, I went to detox, and rehab. At detox I was put on 32mg of Suboxone. I now take 16mgs a day and have been clean for almost 9 months. Suboxone is a life saver. No cravings, no more obsession, no more living like a maniac. Suboxone has erased my depression completely."

SavannahSweets January 22, 2018

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "After two years and slow taper. After Christmas the 26 I ran out of the last little piece. That night the sweats/chills hit. Never slept all night for 15 days of RLS was the worst. Still not normal. The stuff worked wonders until its gone and out. Never again taking this the wd's aren't worth it."

Blazinnakax (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 10, 2018