User Reviews for Buprenorphine / naloxone

Opiate Dependence
8.4

Summary of Buprenorphine/naloxone reviews 8.4 735 reviews

Reviews for Buprenorphine/naloxone

For Opiate Dependence: "Suboxone saved my life! I have been on suboxone for 4 years and was given the generic version this past month and it sucks!!! It dissolves in less than 2 min and it just doesn’t feel like it works. “Scientists” got this formula way wrong!! I know suboxone is more expensive than this but the generic will not help at all!! It’s a horrible replacement. Good luck to all that your trying to get clean and are staying clean!!"

Niki (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 7, 2019

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "Been clean 8 years but before this I was on Methadone for a few years and I had to quit 90 mg cold Turkey due to work. I was sick for 3 months but that was a was when I was 31. I messed up for a little while then the suboxone came into my life now 8 years later feel better than I ever had."

Mike Smith (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 7, 2019

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I have been on suboxone for the last 12 years. At this point I don't feel like I'll ever get off of it. I started with the pills used them for many years. Then they switched me to the strips. Now I go in today to fill my script and to my surprise and horror they tell me my insurance will only pay for the new generic version. I'm so scared to try them. If they don't end up working I will be calling my doctor and my insurance company. Reading the reviews I'm very scared. I may have to pay for them. I sure hope it doesn't come to that. But if they don't work I'll have no choice but to pay for them. Suboxone has saved my life. And I trust and know that it works. This new version is so foreign to me."

GlitterQueen April 4, 2019

For Opiate Dependence: "So the regular subs are great, no problem, but once I switched to generic I was SO SICK! I couldn’t eat anything or else it would come back up. I had to switch back to regular subs because the reaction was soo bad !!! TAKE GENERIC OFF THE MARKET!!!"

Emmy April 2, 2019

Zubsolv (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I have been taking Zubsolv for a few months now for opioid dependency. Two main side effects I have from taking this medication is that it makes me nauseous and tastes like metal. I absolutely hate taking this medication, it makes it hard for me to want to stay clean. And the Suboxone gives me an allergic reaction. Wish there was an easier way to get clean."

HuskyGirl3 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 24, 2019

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I am 33 yrs old now & in April I'll be 4yrs clean of opiates (well done!) & I've been on suboxzone for lil over 4 yrs so I had a rocky start in the beginning that suboxzone wasn't the instant fix that my life needed but I kept taking my meds and seeing my doc and support group. And I was told to take it ‘1 Day At A Time’ and those days started staking up. I am so grateful for my sobriety and all the support I've had. I used to pray over n over for sobriety and I had no idea happiness was even on the table. I have self love now. I have my family back. I have found myself again. I went to Outpatient rehab facility for a few months I attended any meetings I went to my Suboxone support group bi monthly, I changed my phone number and I fought for my life like never before. I don't know if I'll ever be off suboxone but thats okay with me. I have an amazing doc thats been so flexible which made my sobriety achievable. I'm happy healthy & alive. Hope this helps"

Naynay March 23, 2019

For Opiate Dependence: "Horrible. The generic clump up they do not dissolve correctly they are wayyy less potent then suboxone films. I've been on subs for a few years and I never had any problems, this medicine saved my life literally ! But this month they give me the generic and I had a bad reaction to them ! They are way less potent they do not dissolve correctly they clump up so you don’t get the Medicine you need ! Ever heard the saying you get what you pay for? Well that is true. I had to call my doctor to get another script called in take those back to be disposed of because of the bad reaction I had but besides that it you ever taking suboxone then you know the generic is not same ! This generic is not like the original subs !"

Danny March 22, 2019

For Opiate Dependence: "I recently went to pick up my prescription of suboxone film then when I get to pharmacy I'm told I have to get generic film that's all my insurance will now pay for. I am being nervous already about switching but I go ahead give the ok they fill my script and three days later I am soooooo sick. I do not know what is in these new generic buprenorphine/naloxone films but they do not feel as if they contain the correct amount of medicine, maybe it's the way it absorbs not sure but it is rough. I've got stomach ache, legs hurt and just irritable and miserable pain. Please fix these generic films they are no good."

Les (taken for less than 1 month) March 21, 2019

Zubsolv (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "Made the switch from suboxone to zubsolv and now after day 2 it’s very effective, I like the ease of taking it."

banjo72 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 18, 2019

Zubsolv (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "Our insurance only covered Zubsolv, so our first day was on Tuesday, and 4 days later and we feel AMAZING! BUT, make sure before taking this you are in moderate withdrawal or you WILL get horribly sick! We’re taking 5.7 in the morning and then half of that in the afternoon for now the dr said. My first time taking it, I didn’t take it right. Make sure you place it under your tongue, do not open your mouth or speak for 15mins, and DO NOT swallow during the 15mins.I also suffer from depression and anxiety super bad, and this is literally a miracle medication. Helps me stay clean, tastes great, and I feel how ‘normal’ people would feel.Depression is GONE, anxiety, I remain calm while on Zubs. I can’t believe we didn’t try this sooner. Get in a program, take these as prescribed, and I swear you will get your life back! I was never on suboxone to start with, so I really can’t compare the two. We have our lives back, and our marriage is great. Goodluck!!!"

Mmolkentine67 March 15, 2019

Zubsolv (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "My wife and I are prescribed 2 /5.7 mg of Zubsolv a day. We were on Suboxone before her insurance wouldn't cover it anymore. So the only thing they would cover was Zubs. These work great for us. Most days we only take a 1/4 and feel just fine. I think Zubs are way better then Tex or Sub but our option. And we are real close to being done with them..But what your doctor won't tell you is that you can medicate under the doctors dose he gives.. They want you too come back for your money . They don't want ya to quit because you stop giving them money! But people with your spouses support and family you can get through it...Hang in there and we all can be clean...Much Love to all..and good luck:)"

Born in 81 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 9, 2019

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for : "I started taking this after finding out that my insurance would cover it ($100 every 3 month)vs. bupophenphrine ($1300 a month). I was injured in home invasion and have tried many treatments to get relief. I was previously on dilauded and morphine. I have been using Suboxone for 3 years. I would like to stop taking pain meds but I am not sure if that is going to be possible . I have gradually reduced my dose over time in hopes of stopping all together. When I stopped for one day, I had the worst pain I have ever had in my life. I did have small withdrawals that were manageable - for example chills and nausea but the pain was intense. For now I am staying on a low dose until I can figure out what do do about my pain. It is much better than morphine which made me high and dialauded which made me sleep all day."

Janeballer (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 6, 2019

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I've been on subs two 8mg strips a day and been clean from a rough addiction that's lasted like 8 years so I made the choice to go on subs and it has worked good though lately after like 7-9 months on it I've been getting a sore tongue and my sex drive is super low I mean really low for a 28yr old newly engaged man and it does cost a lot so I'm thinking of switching to zubs. I think it will be better cuz I just feel like I'll need more subs cuz it hasn't been absorbing that well lately and I wanna get off this stuff before my wedding in a couple years any real advice would be great"

T91 (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 5, 2019

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I took Suboxone for a period of 4 and 3 year periods. I found that at 8mg I felt the most normal in my entire life. I'm 40. I didn't have the urge to catch any kind of buzz at all. Like a normal person who's never used drugs before. The problem I had and ultimately drove me to stop was the second class treatment by doctors and pharmacists in accessing it. Constant piss testing and and segregated room to take it at pharmacy. They freely prescribe the opiates to damn near anyone but if you want the cure you're treated like an outcast. I don't know what's worse, the addiction related problems or this segregation treatment."

Mcfly March 3, 2019

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "Hello everyone I have been on suboxone for 7 years I started out on the orange pill then was switched to the film , I also was put on subutex during my pregnancy but I've remained on the film for the last 4 years and now just today they have switched me to these white buprenorphine/naloxone generic pills I hope I feel just fine I work fulltime have 3 kids and can't afford the anxiety and stress that would come from a bad effect of them.But I am worried after reading the comments which say it is rubbish. Any info would be great"

Nikkims (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 26, 2019

Zubsolv (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I switched to this medication after being on methadone 130mg for 10+ years. I had to drop the methadone down to 40mg for 5 days, then stop completely for 4 days before I could take zubsolv. I lost the weight I gained from methadone, got through the depressed feeling by using Lexapro. I'm now coming off zubsolv after 1 year of 5.7mg daily. It seems fairly easy so far, wish me luck!"

me (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 22, 2019

Zubsolv (buprenorphine / naloxone) for : "I've been using suboxone 8's for about 4 years now. Recently my insurance required me to switch to subsolv(5.7). With the exception of keeping the physical dependant withdrawals at bay this hasn't helped with the Intense chronic pain much at all. It's been just a week now and I'm not impressed. I had decided to continue trying through a full month to give it a fair trial, but I am pretty much already regretting it. I hurt and it's not doing the job. Maybe this is far more successful in the opioid repentance fight, but as help with my crazy intense chronic nerve pain it's not worth it. All I can say is no wonder it's so much less expensive. Not worth the switch for me."

Ladydeath (taken for less than 1 month) February 13, 2019

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I had an expensive love for the high "Boy" made me feel for to long I just didn't want to give it up. It stopped when I was incarcerated for 10 months. I knew I was going to start again so I did for about one week and admitted myself in treatment so I could get suboxone 4 years ago and I am very pleased with myself, but now I am having problems with my breathing. I am not stable enough to stop taking the 8mg strips. I am searching for same affect but different medication. Has anyone experienced this with suboxone if so I'd like to hear from you."

Enigma February 12, 2019

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "This drug is less potent and we shouldn’t be selling an Indian made drug in America we should be using American products. I don’t want it. I tried them in fear of it being pushed on me and had to take twice as much to feel half the normal on regular subs."

Itsucks (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 9, 2019

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "Suboxone had been phenomenal for me. I've tried methadone in the past, however I always ended up abusing other drugs while on it. Suboxone had completely quelled that desire. 6 months on Suboxone with no other illicit drug use! For me that's a miracle. I've been abusing prescription painkillers for 20 year's."

Mick1012 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 4, 2019

Zubsolv (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "After using heroin for 15+ years. The problem I had with Suboxone was that it made me so sick. My doc switched me to Tex and this went away. When I moved to the south, no one would write them. The doc said to hold it under my tongue until dissolved, then spit out the saliva. Problem is, subs taste like crap and take 20 min to completely dissolve. A new doc told me about Zubsolv, saying it dissolves much quicker. I decided to try it and I’m happy I did! It dissolves in 5-10 min and tastes like mint. Cravings are near nonexistent and I don’t have side effects aside from some nausea if I swallow some. I think most of the negative reviews are psychosomatic. People don’t like change, and this medicine is newer and less known. It’s not a cheap generic! It’s actually more expensive than Suboxone. The dosing also upsets people. The 5.7 is the equivalent of an 8 mg sub and people just don’t believe that. Whatever, I’m a fan... and heroin free "

JayLandon January 25, 2019

Bunavail (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I was on 30+ Norcos and Lortabs a day until I hit rock bottom 10 years ago when a family member turned me on to Subs. The doctor that I started with retired and I just started with new doctor who prescribed Bunavail. Took about a week to adjust but now no more stomach sounds - my stomach was turning when I was on subs. Normal life and everything. Have not tried to get off but my life has changed for the better. Just bought my dream house not to mention I have a rent house ad job is going great. Get on it now. Give it time and you will not regret it !!"

Read My Post (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 19, 2019

Bunavail (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "This medication is helping to get my life back, I was so tired of the whole circle of opiate dependency."

Gammakmb (taken for less than 1 month) January 17, 2019

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I like reading people success from this amazing drug and I do agree all the way with most all comments except for using subs for just the withdrawal period. Reasons why it is 4 to 6 months is kinda needed to retrain the brain and your body and build a stronger foundation so relapse does not occur. Then ya done and do not have to be medicated. Happy for all that beat their demons and God bless"

Grayday (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 15, 2019

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "There are no words to describe how wonderful life is now. Opiate addiction is the most horrible thing I ever went through and my heart breaks for anyone who is going through it right now. Suboxone literally gave me my life back. Although it doesn’t solve everything instantly, it does take away the sickness from withdrawal as well as the craving for more opiates, so you can start rebuilding your life! That along with some therapy to work through my issues (mostly the intense guilt I had from the time I spent being addicted) was all it took for me to start rebuilding what I had lost. I urge anyone who is looking for some help to try this. It is quite expensive if you don’t have insurance, but the cost is nothing compared to the cost of buying drugs on the street, and besides that the cost is so worth getting rid of the anguish that my addiction caused me!"

Julieschaeffe (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 12, 2019