User Reviews for Buprenorphine / naloxone

Opiate Dependence
8.5

Summary of Buprenorphine/naloxone reviews 8.4 696 reviews

Reviews for Buprenorphine/naloxone

Zubsolv (buprenorphine / naloxone) for : "I switched from 2mg films (tried cutting 8mg into 1/4s). I'm HIGHLY allergic to aspartame and it took us months to figure out why I was having ulcers/swelling. Now I take Zubsolv 1.4 twice a day for pain. The only bad thing about this drug is that I get "wired." But if I take it at the same time each day, not only is my pain rated about a 2. I also avoid the headache and wired feeling. I do wish I could cut it in 1/4ths sometimes because I think I could take even less than I take and be fine. Oh, well. It's still an awesome alternative to pills! "

AFoxE October 4, 2018

Zubsolv (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "Recovering opiate addict that I got into while in college. Came back home to a world of pain but after treatment got started on suboxone. Went fairly well then insurance wanted us to switch to zubsolv. It’s pretty much the same but DO NOT try and go cold turkey off these meds. They will send you into the worst withdrawal of your life worse than oxy 80mg a day for months kind of stuff. They have really helped me get my life back and if you play by the rules and work the system you will get better. Trust the process and want to get better. We are all with you :)"

Jonkoch (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 3, 2018

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "Honestly this med saved my life. I have been treated with traditional abstinence based recovery and have spent over 75,000 dollars on in patient and out patient treatment. I am now stable, I have my own place and am working two jobs. Just a warning that dependence does develop but it is worth it."

T rizzle (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 27, 2018

Bunavail (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I'm on week two of treatment. Week one was Suboxone and it didn't work well for me. I'm on bunevil now and withdrawal has stopped but still having a hard time with the cravings. I'm hoping by next week that feeling goes away ."

Paisley (taken for less than 1 month) September 27, 2018

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I was addicted to Oxy's and whatever else I could find for 11 yrs and moved to Az where I decided to get clean. I've been on Suboxone for 7 yrs now and doing great. Not once thought of doing another pain pill since I've been on it. I can say I moved and had a hard time finding another Dr to proscribe them to me and the withdrawals were as bad if not worse than when I had with the withdrawals of pain pills. I went 3 weeks moved back I couldn't take it anymore that was the worst 3 weeks of my life.. But they do help just don't ever suddenly quit them."

Arizona (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 26, 2018

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I have been on Suboxone for two years now it has saved my life! I know I’m dependent on it but I’d rather depend on something legal as to be in jail or running the streets! I take the generic tablets which are cheaperp because I don’t have insurance and they work great according to the manufacture! My favorite would be manufactured by Reckitt Benckiser the orange octagon pill with N8 logo, today I tried the Dr Reddys generic film strip and it has a horrible taste and seems less potent! I just wanted to give my opinion in case anyone was wanting to try the generic films! I wouldn’t change the tablet whatsoever! Doesn’t help me at all! Thanks for reading I hope I’ve helped someone today if needed."

SkywalkerGal (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 26, 2018

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "This website crowds people into endorsing the product. I believe all of know suboxone will quell your withdrawals. Good luck finding a clinic that is accepting patients. Even though the field of providers was widened from just MD's being able to prescribe, few of the lesser included providers have opted to become certified to prescribe. There is still severely few DATA2000 (Drug Addiction Treatment Act of 2000) certified providers in the rural western US. Coincidentally this one of the hardest hit regions opiate crisis in the country."

JtAlmond August 28, 2018

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I've just started Suboxone a month ago and am afraid I may have to get off of it. It worked great for my withdrawal symptoms, but for some reason I started having panic attacks, for example it magnified my fear of heights I can't even watch a movie with high building because the fear is so overwhelming. I looked to see if this was a side effect but could find nothing. I don't know much about the withdrawal of Suboxone but I will cross that bridge when I get to it. But believe me when I say Suboxone can be a life saver. I was having so many side effects from the morphine and hydrocodone I was taking that I was slowly dying. I'm still going to give it a go and I hope I can get past the panic attacks side effects. That being said if I have to take Suboxone for the rest of my life just so I can live a happy normal life so be it. I just wish they would look into the panic attacks side effects more and see if they can find a solution. I hope it passes and I can stay on Suboxone"

John doe August 22, 2018

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "Some users seem to be confused about this medication. It is a true opioid the same as fentanyl or natural opiates like morphine. It could be considered natural in the same way as codeine and morphine as it' s made from thebaine a naturally occurring alkaloid in the poppy. It is very, very addictive the same as the others. Yes, we are trading one addiction to another in the same class of drugs. The major difference is that we don't have to visit dangerous areas of town or sick dealers who adulterate the product. We can go about our lives just like any non addict in society. There is also the antidepressant property due to the Kappa activity. You will have typical withdrawal symptoms if you stop suddenly. And just so you know, you do get a bit of a buzz from the stuff. More a feeling of everything is ok now. "

Clem August 17, 2018

Zubsolv (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I don’t understand all the negative reviews on Zubsolv. I started on Suboxone and recently switched to Zubsolv with no problems. It works just as well as Suboxone and I haven’t had any side effects. If it’s the same medication I don’t see why so many people are having problems..."

OppFree77 (taken for less than 1 month) August 13, 2018

Zubsolv (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I hate this medicine so much. I was a heroin addict for 2 and a half years and I stopped by taking suboxone. I’ve been taking suboxone for about 7 months and it worked perfectly fine. But then I lost half my script and when I went to the doctor to figure out what to do, he said he would prescribe me Zubsolv for the remaining amount of time cause he said the pharmacy wouldn’t prescribe be suboxone again. Zubsolv has been making me feel like I’m wired, but not in a good way, giving me horrible headaches, nausea, and making my BP go up so high and I don’t know why it’s doing this. I still have a week to go taking it and this is literally pure torture."

Alicia (taken for less than 1 month) August 9, 2018

For Opiate Dependence: "Had tried low dose prior when on methadone/clinic Dr. invited me to try out of his own office. Way too low dose but then decided to go off methadone and punished myself for 2 months /lost 45lb. My mom found 1 of 3 Drs in state with rights to prescribe/was still experimental. Once on right dose=16mg/4mg and I swear it was like I never had a problem!!! 10yrs later and finally ready to start tapering =]"

GypsyNomad (taken for 10 years or more) August 6, 2018

Bunavail (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I give this medicine of 5 because the medicine does what it is intended for. It does block the opiate receptors and it does keep physical withdrawals from happening. The fact that TennCare and other insurance companies pay for it rather than Suboxone is a fantastic thing. However, the method of absorption needs to be improved. I do not feel that it is as effective as Suboxone, buprenorphine or Subutex."

Sammie (taken for less than 1 month) August 4, 2018

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I had been using opiates for about 8 years and had gone to rehab once only to relapse after about 4 months of being clean. I had heard of Suboxone and did some research. I found a clinic about 60 miles away and went there. They have a great support system and outpatient treatment program. I followed all the instructions of my Dr. and have been on Suboxone for about 10 years now. I started at a dose of 24/6 mg a day. I reduced to 12/4 and have done great there. Continue to reduce but only down to a point. I intend to stay on a low dose for good. It works and I have my life back. It has been 10 years since I have used anything. I don't even drink anymore. It is a lifesaver for anyone who is serious about getting clean and willing to do what the Dr says. You cannot play around with your dosage or how you take the drug. Just use a s directed and get your life back."

Ned23 (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 1, 2018

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I’ve been hooked on oxy for over 2 years now. Started off taking the 10s here and there. Than I was taking them twice a day. My dealer didn’t have 10mg so I bought 30mg. It was downhill from there. At my worst l was popping 10-12 30mg a day. I have not lived the past two years. My life revolved around those pills. I couldn’t go anywhere do anything without them. I finally got the courage to go see a Dr. They prescribed me suboxone 4mg. I waited 17 hrs after my last oxy. Took my first strip this morning when I started having withdrawals. It took the withdrawals right away. I feel good. A little muscle/back pain but overall I feel good. Nothing like the symptoms that withdrawals brings on."

BigE (taken for less than 1 month) July 26, 2018

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "Absolute miracle drug and incredibly long half life. This will absolutely get your life back to normal. Highly recommended. Do not be afraid to talk with your doctor."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 13, 2018

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I started taking this for pain, but yet we are dependent upon this "Life Saver", and yet we are sober or clean,... can anybody go three days without taking? NO, not because of pain but because of withdrawals, now I find myself needing to go to rehab- but I can't, we would loose the house and we have babies,... Thanks to my choices and the "doctors" for making it worse, and they are free,...?"

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 10, 2018

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I had been on many different pain killers over the last 15 years and it was getting to the point where nothing was helping with the pain so I tried Suboxone and it really helped a lot. I have been on it for a year now and I feel like I am finally living my life - without all the pain and the dr has me on 2 a day but most of the time I only need 1 a day. If the pain is bad then I take 1 1/2 and that beats taking 6 to 8 pain killers a day"

feeling great (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 6, 2018

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "For me, the initial dose of Suboxone totally killed withdrawal symptoms. Within 20 minutes it did, replacing the WD & mental depression with a 'bright' & 'refreshed' feeling that lasted until my next dose. (This far exceeded my expectations). Now, over a year later, I'm still on once-a-day maintenance. I feel like I'm actually living now -- seems like with a new body & mind. The wonders of Suboxone are many, but for me it's mainly the fact that it lasts sooo long -- thereby breaking the addict cycle of 'needing' to dose something every few hours. Also I can eat all I want, when I want -- without interference to the medicine."

Alltoward Infinity (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 2, 2018

Bunavail (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "So I've been on Suboxone several years and just got switched to Bunavail because my insurance will pay for it so I figured what the heck, I'll try it. I read some reviews on here that had me worried about the switch, people saying they had withdrawals on it, it was horrible, etc. I'm on day 3 and have no real complaints at this point. Actually I feel great and just one 4.2mg film last me all day. Only problem was the 1st day it rolled up as soon as I put it in my cheek, that's pretty annoying. I read on here where someone said to fold all 4 corners back 1st and I tried that and it worked great! Thanks to whoever that was. As I said, so far I'm really liking it and the fact my insurance covers it is a huge plus."

Bo-1966 (taken for less than 1 month) July 1, 2018

For Opiate Dependence: "Taste is horrible"

David (taken for less than 1 month) June 26, 2018

Zubsolv (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I started taking suboxone twelve years ago( 2006) and initially I was prescribed four 8mg tablets a day (32mg) which in all honesty was too much. I had a nearly a 30 year heroin addiction and have the same war stories everyone else has with their addiction. I stayed on the suboxone up until three years ago when my insurance no longer covered them and was switched to Zubsolv pills. I started taking one 5.7 tab and then two 1.4 tablets a day. I once tried to wean myself off of the suboxone and did fairly good getting down to a 2mg piece. When I looked at how small a 2mg piece is I had the brilliant idea that since it was so small of a piece I could just stop, never been more wrong about anything in my life!! Now that I've been on the Zubsolv for three years, I've asked my PCP to start titrating off of them and have gotten down to just the one 5.7mg and one .70mg tablet and feel fine."

scorpio012 June 23, 2018

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "Works very well for opioid dependence. Immediate results when taken properly. "

Bo (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 22, 2018

Zubsolv (buprenorphine / naloxone) for : "I took suboxone for about 5 years. Then my insurance changed and I was switched to zubsolv. I ended up on it in a strange way for pain and PTSD symptoms. During the time I changed brands, I was starting to feel weak, usually emotional, low energy, which is not the type of guy I normally was..I assumed it was the zubsolv. I continued to struggle on it for years. Then I got a new GP when I moved and she looked at my meds and my complaints and ordered a testosterone test. It came back indicating I had the levels of an 80 year old man and I was 30. Getting off Zubsolv was pretty rough. Going through opioid withdrawal is hard enough, but feeling so weak and emotional on top of it. It took me quitting my job, and focusing completely on rebuilding myself mentally and physically for a year. Still, my quality of life during that time was so much better."

armchairpharmacist (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 11, 2018

For Opiate Dependence: "It’s ok gave me crazy dreams and some stomach issues"

Hey (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 30, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...

Micromedex® Care Notes