User Reviews for Buprenorphine / naloxone

Also known as: Bunavail, Suboxone, Zubsolv

Learn more about Buprenorphine/naloxone.

Opiate Dependence 597 reviews 8 medications

8.6
Summary of Buprenorphine/naloxone reviews 597 reviews 8.6

Reviews for Buprenorphine/naloxone

Zubsolv (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I was addicted to pain meds after surgery at 20. Then I started doing heroin to stay out of W/D. 7 long years later on heroin I heard a news clip for Suboxone heading here from Europe. I jumped on the phone and got an appointment. It went great. I went through W/D for 72 hours dying all the way through. The doctor started with 1-8mg. Sub., then 2, then 3. Finally it worked for me (24mg.) I have been on Suboxone almost 17 happy years. One day my doctor wanted to switch me to Zubsolv cause he had 15 free sample script and wanted me to try it . At first it was amazing (11-4) 2x's a day, 4 hours later I was W/D. It's horrible for me. It does not work for everyone. I'm back on Subs and back to my life. Zubsolv can't compare to my Suboxone!"

Autumnwishes (taken for less than 1 month) April 24, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I used to be a serious Roxy user but when my drug dealer ran out he gave me Suboxone instead.I didn't know it at the time but once I took that Suboxone it meant that I couldn't take another Roxy for at least three days after ingesting the Suboxone.Long story short,I ended up going to a doctor and he prescribed me Suboxone.They made feel good like a Roxy but without the hangover the next day after taking Roxy.I'm also going to support groups for drug addicts that are held at my doctors office once a month.I've been on Suboxone 8/2mg for eight years now and although it helps I really want to get off of them.It's so dang hard to get off of Suboxone though.Story of my life..."

CrazyTown813 (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 23, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Zubsolv (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I hate this stuff. Once over withdrawals, may as well be off it. Still crave narcotics every day and if I was able to get vicodin, wouldn't be on this stuff. Now I'm fat, constipated, zero energy and miserable. About cry every day. Can't afford therapy and NA doesn't want anyone on this stuff since not considered clean."

baar123 April 15, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "You have to be very careful taking this drug! I know the days with Roxy's were hell but I can't remember which is worse !It's just another drug! I remember when I first got on it I was so excited because I was living a life of hell but 5 years later it is nice not to go to the street and I actually have a doctor but that's the only advantage. I'm still addicted to drugs is a tough pill to swallow !pun very intentional"

acureforthacure (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 6, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I used to use Oxy 80's up to 3 per day and I was a druggy for 12 years. Suboxone saved my life for sure."

Sublifer (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 5, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Zubsolv (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "Ok my wife has been on this zobsolv for over a week now. At first it seemed, to help her yesterday she woke up with a rash on her lower arms. She has gotten really depressed her anxiety has gone thru the roof she snaps back at the slightest things. It is not helping with her cravings, its seems the longer she takes it the further my wife becomes a different person she was doing pain pills. I'm starting to think it was better she stayed on the pain pills. Has anyone else heard of anything like this before I'm at a lost for words and idk what i need to do or what to do at this point other than start cutting her dosages down and ween her of this garbage......"

concerned hub (taken for less than 1 month) March 21, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "This stuff cures my depression. I take 1 mg a day (I cut a 2 in half). I have been a pill abuser since the 1970s and I am bipolar (I did not want to accept this diagnosis so I got 4 second opinions). I feel NO desire to abuse Suboxone and I take LESS than prescribed. I used to run through 5 Norco scripts with some additional purchases on the side. My father and sister both committed suicide so I have an extensive family history of bipolar disorder. I have no plans to discontinue this medicine, my doctor agrees. SUBOXONE SAVED MY LIFE! IT IS HIGHLY ADDICTIVE but for me, it is worth it."

Ace Aardvark (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 21, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Opiate Dependence: "I started taking SUBOXONE sublingual films without insurance but could only afford to do so for one month because of the ridiculously high price the manufacturer placed on the drug! I then found a Dr. that prescribed multiple forms of buprenorphine/naloxone enabling me to take the generic 8mg/2mg sublingual tablet that is half the price of the brand name strips! Unfortunately with no insurance, even the cheapest of generics still cost me anywhere from $130-$240 a MONTH!! Which is absolutely ridiculous!! Aside from the outrageously high price of the meds, it does work! Taken sometimes twice a day it keeps withdrawals at bay and makes you feel normal again. The drug works but it is entirely too expensive!!"

AnthonyRS (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 18, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Zubsolv (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I've been on subs off an on for years my insurance recently made me switch to zubsolve and it SUCKS!! I feel like I'm in withdrawal most of the day it has some good effects it dissolves quicker and not as constipated but as far as being better than subs no way I feel like I'm constantly craving one all day almost and if u don't take it the same time everyday your sick as hell till u do...."

Josh h March 14, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "My husband was given this medicine for opiate addiction after back surgery. He took opioids for years, and went into rehab to get off pain meds. They gave him suboxone. He was only supposed to take it for about a month, but the Dr kept giving it to him for overs year and a half. He became just as easily addicted to Suboxone as he did the opiates, and then went through terrible withdrawal. He should have been admitted for rehab , but with the help of a psychiatrist, his willpower, and myself, his wife, we managed. DO NOT EVER let your loved one take this medicine. It will keep the addiction in process. It won't make it better, it will give them something else to be addicted to."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 14, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "This medication is excellent for suppressing my cravings, for opioids! Unfortunately I cannot stay on them for more than a month due to the horrible side affects. I literally would not, sleep more than 1-2 hours a night, therefore causing hallucinations after 4 days. No bowel movement for a week at a time, and even then, would have to drink magnesium citrate. My legs would swell so bad, my lower back would hurt and put on 10-15lbs of water. Severely agitated and depressed."

Warrior from NY ny (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 13, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "This medication save my life from Methadone side effect."

Latinopr (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 9, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I started taking Suboxone, 6 years ago because I was getting off of Roxy's. I heard, at the time that it wasn't hard to get off of and was a way better choice than the roxys. Little did I know that what I was told about getting off of the Suboxone was easy was a COMPLETE LIE!!!!!! I regret the day I ever started taking them! I've tried numerous times to wean myself off, only to fail MISERABLY! I also have tried to medically detox but of course you know what happened.. FAIL.. If you are thinking of trying this or Subutex PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT... It may take a week to a week and a ½ to get over the withdrawals of roxys, Loritab, even oxys but getting off of the Suboxone/Subutex takes at least 3-6 months.."

Kla.ET March 6, 2017

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I got hooked on painkillers because of chronic neck pain and have been so for the last 9 years. I have detox cold turkey at least a hundred times off of painkillers. Each time I wanted to die. This time I finally got on some suboxone and I mean to tell you that stuff is a miracle drug. First day I took 4 milligrams second day 4 milligrams third and fourth day. I'm going to cut the last 8 milligram strip into quarters and take that for four days and then I'm going to be done and I I'm never going to go back on the painkillers again it's too hard to get off of but that Suboxone works like a miracle."

Tobe or not Tobe (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 5, 2017

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Zubsolv (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "My experience. Man I've used heroin since I was 16 years old. Finally found suboxone 7 years ago. Started at three 8 mg strips a day. I still used here and there. Two years ago I was put on zubsolv having weaned myself a lil over the years I was put on an 8.6 a day equal to a 12 and never used since being on it. I feel great, make 80 grand a year, have no side effects besides my teeth but now have implants. The world is an awesome place. Zubsolv saved me. I was still using 4 out of 7 days with the strips now I won't even answer my phone to old drug friends. It's a whole new life"

Happy in Granville (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 5, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Zubsolv (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I've been taking Suboxone for about 5 yrs, buying them from a friend. She tends to oversell her extras, and at least a few times per year, I end up in withdrawal when I run out. I finally went to a doctor to get my own script, but since my insurance doesn't cover Suboxone, he put me on Zubsolv. So far, I feel fine. My only issue is the pill form. I was taking 4mgs of Sub a day, half of a 8mg film. Now I'm taking half of a 5.7mg Zubsolv tablet, which means cutting the tab in half. I've accidentally crushed half, and had to scoop it up & get it under my tongue, which worries me, because I'm afraid I'm losing some of it this way. The taste is actually better, like a breath mint. I miss the strips, but I'm keeping an open mind!"

Niseybee March 2, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Bunavail (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "Give it time to get your method of application mastered. I bend the four corners in slightly to make them stick better so they don't peel up. Also don't put the film directly over you saliva duct on your check, try putting it below or in front of it. With manufacturer coupon and BCBS I pay $30 for # 60 Bunavail 4.2/0.7mg films. Bunavail is a tier 3 medication, manufacturer card pays $100."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 27, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Bunavail (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "Bunavail is a great alternative to Suboxone films. There is no 30 minute wait for it to dissolve, and one can carry on with normal activities while it is adhered to the cheek. It also has far better bioavailability, so less of the medicine is wasted in the digestive tract. Also, I've had less headaches from Bunavail than Suboxone. The only problem is getting them to properly adhere to your cheek. Sometimes they roll up like a scroll, or wad up and turn into a ball of mush. This wastes a film, and none of us have "extra" Bunavail to use if this should happen (as the manufacturer suggests)! There are no instructions as to how long they should remain adhered, either. I love Bunavail, but this issue is beyond frustrating!"

Wish they would stick properly (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 22, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Zubsolv (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I have been using oxy for over a year and half daily for the last 3 months. I knew I needed help to get off of these drugs, and so I went to seek help from a doctor. He prescribed me zubsolv ... and after 15 hours of being in withdrawal I took my first dose and went hard into precipitated withdrawal. The doctor was sure that enough time had passed using the Clinical Opiate Withdrawal Scale (COWS method), but maybe I have a slow metabolism?!? It was terrible for the first 24 hours. However I am now finishing up my second day on the medication taking two pills a day and my withdrawal symptoms are gone. I still feel very achey in my joints and just have been lying in bed but this medication has really given me hope that I can stay strong and off of using. Give it a chance!"

Fardotop (taken for less than 1 month) February 9, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Zubsolv (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I have been on suboxone for several years, first for addiction to pain pills now for pain management, I was switched to zubslov for insurance reasons and I was in withdrawals in 3 hours, I don't understand why or how most of these ppl on here say it works for them but for me it has been awful ! Why do the drug and insurance companies have to mess with something that is working !!"

CF DEL (taken for less than 1 month) February 8, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Zubsolv (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I took Zubsolv 5.7mg (2/day, #60 tabs per month) and this is no where near the same dose as the strips, I'm sorry but I don't buy it. I never woke up in sweat from Suboxone strips like I do when I take Zubsolv (I need to take another half in the evenings because they don't last as long) and it certainly is a sucky drug. I have state funded health insurance (it doesn't cover many name brands) either and use their coupon but it is still SO expensive! $211 after the coupon for one box, or $496 for both boxes. If you need 3 boxes, forget it! My Suboxone film is $12 cheaper per box with their own coupon. I gave Zubsolv more than a shot, I put up with it for several months!"

zubsolvSux (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 2, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I am extremely pleased with this medication. I am a recovering addict who turned to methadone maintenance 6 years ago. I unfortunately continued with methadone for almost 5 year and found it to be a hinderance. It did save my life but all these medications should be for short term use. I began my prescription of Subutex around 11 months ago. I am very pleased. After the first week the euphoria stopped after taking my dose. This helped me get adjusted to feeling "normal". My dose has been gradually decreased and I am almost off completely. This is an addictive drug but if done correctly with your doctor you can detox with min. discomfort. The biggest problem is price. Without insurance....forget it. $834 for 120 Subutex."

Doingwellfinally (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 28, 2017

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Bunavail (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "This medication is a JOKE!! Stay on subs before you try this. Omg it's horrible. I can't believe the scam these pharmaceutical companies are pushing out with this horrible medication. Feels like I'm withdrawing all over again!!"

Hatethisshit January 25, 2017

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Zubsolv (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "The taste is DISGUSTING. I was on suboxone for years, now have to take this via my insurance. I now have chronic stomach pain and nausea and like others have said, it barely stays in your system. I feel sick every morning until I take it."

Anonymous January 24, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I was hooked on opiates for 10 years! Mostly snorting oxy and perks for the first 7 to 8 years and the last 2 years I was introduced to morphine H and hydromorphone as well as the needle. Although I was a mess all these years it wasn't until I tried the needle that opened my eyes to my addiction. I went downhill fast. I tried everything but there was no stopping this. I tried cold turkey to quit a few times and almost went crazy and died from sickness. The sickness I started to feel from the needle was way worse than it ever was sniffing. I knew I had to get off but I tried methadone before and it didn't help me it made me feel the exact opposite of how suboxone makes me feel. Subs=energy,happy,stable,no urges, not stoned"

YourTypicalCanadianGuy (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 16, 2017