User Reviews for Buprenorphine / naloxone

Also known as: Bunavail, Suboxone, Zubsolv

Learn more about Buprenorphine/naloxone.

Opiate Dependence 580 reviews 8 medications

8.7
Summary of Buprenorphine/naloxone reviews 580 reviews 8.7

Reviews for Buprenorphine/naloxone

Bunavail (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "Bunavail is a great alternative to Suboxone films. There is no 30 minute wait for it to dissolve, and one can carry on with normal activities while it is adhered to the cheek. It also has far better bioavailability, so less of the medicine is wasted in the digestive tract. Also, I've had less headaches from Bunavail than Suboxone. The only problem is getting them to properly adhere to your cheek. Sometimes they roll up like a scroll, or wad up and turn into a ball of mush. This wastes a film, and none of us have "extra" Bunavail to use if this should happen (as the manufacturer suggests)! There are no instructions as to how long they should remain adhered, either. I love Bunavail, but this issue is beyond frustrating!"

Wish they would stick properly (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 22, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Zubsolv (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I have been using oxy for over a year and half daily for the last 3 months. I knew I needed help to get off of these drugs, and so I went to seek help from a doctor. He prescribed me zubsolv ... and after 15 hours of being in withdrawal I took my first dose and went hard into precipitated withdrawal. The doctor was sure that enough time had passed using the Clinical Opiate Withdrawal Scale (COWS method), but maybe I have a slow metabolism?!? It was terrible for the first 24 hours. However I am now finishing up my second day on the medication taking two pills a day and my withdrawal symptoms are gone. I still feel very achey in my joints and just have been lying in bed but this medication has really given me hope that I can stay strong and off of using. Give it a chance!"

Fardotop (taken for less than 1 month) February 9, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Zubsolv (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I have been on suboxone for several years, first for addiction to pain pills now for pain management, I was switched to zubslov for insurance reasons and I was in withdrawals in 3 hours, I don't understand why or how most of these ppl on here say it works for them but for me it has been awful ! Why do the drug and insurance companies have to mess with something that is working !!"

CF DEL (taken for less than 1 month) February 8, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Zubsolv (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I took Zubsolv 5.7mg (2/day, #60 tabs per month) and this is no where near the same dose as the strips, I'm sorry but I don't buy it. I never woke up in sweat from Suboxone strips like I do when I take Zubsolv (I need to take another half in the evenings because they don't last as long) and it certainly is a sucky drug. I have state funded health insurance (it doesn't cover many name brands) either and use their coupon but it is still SO expensive! $211 after the coupon for one box, or $496 for both boxes. If you need 3 boxes, forget it! My Suboxone film is $12 cheaper per box with their own coupon. I gave Zubsolv more than a shot, I put up with it for several months!"

zubsolvSux (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 2, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I am extremely pleased with this medication. I am a recovering addict who turned to methadone maintenance 6 years ago. I unfortunately continued with methadone for almost 5 year and found it to be a hinderance. It did save my life but all these medications should be for short term use. I began my prescription of Subutex around 11 months ago. I am very pleased. After the first week the euphoria stopped after taking my dose. This helped me get adjusted to feeling "normal". My dose has been gradually decreased and I am almost off completely. This is an addictive drug but if done correctly with your doctor you can detox with min. discomfort. The biggest problem is price. Without insurance....forget it. $834 for 120 Subutex."

Doingwellfinally (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 28, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Bunavail (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "This medication is a JOKE!! Stay on subs before you try this. Omg it's horrible. I can't believe the scam these pharmaceutical companies are pushing out with this horrible medication. Feels like I'm withdrawing all over again!!"

Hatethisshit January 25, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Zubsolv (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "The taste is DISGUSTING. I was on suboxone for years, now have to take this via my insurance. I now have chronic stomach pain and nausea and like others have said, it barely stays in your system. I feel sick every morning until I take it."

Anonymous January 24, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I was hooked on opiates for 10 years! Mostly snorting oxy and perks for the first 7 to 8 years and the last 2 years I was introduced to morphine H and hydromorphone as well as the needle. Although I was a mess all these years it wasn't until I tried the needle that opened my eyes to my addiction. I went downhill fast. I tried everything but there was no stopping this. I tried cold turkey to quit a few times and almost went crazy and died from sickness. The sickness I started to feel from the needle was way worse than it ever was sniffing. I knew I had to get off but I tried methadone before and it didn't help me it made me feel the exact opposite of how suboxone makes me feel. Subs=energy,happy,stable,no urges, not stoned"

YourTypicalCanadianGuy (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 16, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "It was time to stop the use of pain meds. However, I was terrified of the possible withdrawals & I still needed something for pain. So my research pinpointed Suboxone as a positive option. The good seemed to outweigh the bad because I was also concerned about it itself becoming a problem. So my pain dr agreeded it was a good option 4 me w/ so many issues (Fibromyalsia, Osteoarthritis, PCOS, a botched c section incision w/ tramped nerves, a lower abdomen hernia, a torn achilles in left ankle, & tendinitis in my left elbow, just to name a few!) The hardest part was going 24 hrs w/o meds. It ended up being 36hrs. I started it monitored in my Dr office 8mg/2mg films. No precipitated withdrawals & I felt great. I feel like me again! Lifesaver!"

Rue Girl (taken for less than 1 month) January 15, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "Suboxone is an absolute god send for opiate detox. I've been to rehab twice for Opiates, including Heroin, Methadone, and Oxycodone. I felt next to NOTHING, no withdrawal after doing a Suboxone detox. The first time it was a 7 day detox.. then 2nd time it was a 12 day detox. it shouldn't be used any longer than that.. 14 days MAX. Unless you want to do maintnance for life. You have to wait AT LEAST 24 hours of NO opiate use before you can take Suboxone.. 72 hours for methadone! or you'll go into precipitated withdrawal! which is the worst!"

EuphoricDetox (taken for less than 1 month) January 14, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Bunavail (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I was on Suboxone for about 5 years when I became pregnant. During my pregnancy my Doc had me on Subutex and then after my pregnancy it was time to go back to Suboxone. My Doc gave me Bunavail instead. Like somebody else mentioned, it said it was 4.2 mg instead of 8 and my addict brain immediately did not like that. And when I first started it, I HATED it. I would take a whole piece in my right cheek and it BARELY touched my withdraws. I had to wait for it to melt, which takes FOREVER, and then take another one. BUT, one day I put it in my left cheek just to mix it up, and I was SHOCKED that it worked! So well that I actually felt nausious. Ever since I've been using my left cheek and have had no problems, besides the time it takes to melt."

TeriLynn419 January 12, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Bunavail (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I was an absolute mess for 17 years until 7 years ago when I found the answer to my prayers, suboxone, and ever since I became established with a doctor and insurance life's back to normal. So I am an absolute supporter of bupenorphine/naloxone and I switched to Bunavail because I could no longer tolerate the taste of the subs. And 5-6 months later I have had not 1 problem with them. My daughter also tried them but she experiences withdrawals within a few hours and she doesn't like them. Just goes to show how much it varies from person to person. My advice is to at least try them if you for whatever reason are considering making the switch. The taste is definitely tolerable and the convenience of being able to talk while dosing is great!"

Gammiemay January 10, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I see all of the bad reviews and information that is not really the way things work for me. So in the year of 2000 after being injured causing permanent disability eye doctor introduced me to Lortab 10 milligram and oxycodone 5 milligram. By the end of my pill habit was on over 1000 pills a month and tried many different narcotics to help with my pain that really was just helping with my addiction. I was very scared. Just take Suboxone. I had to take Suboxone because Florida's Crackdown on over prescribing. Don't be scared to take Suboxone. I took my first Suboxone wow I couldn't believe it I was sober and not feeling like I was dying"

FloridaEpidemic (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 6, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Opiate Dependence: "I hate Bunavail! It makes my legs ache, and the tops of my feet feel bruised all the time to the point I can hardy walk!"

Lisa1123 January 6, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Zubsolv (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I was on Suboxone for the past 5+ years, first on the original,orange, stop sign shaped pills(2years), then switched to the Suboxone Strips for the past 3&1/2 years, but recently had to change to Zubsolv, due to my insurance no longer covering any other form of buprenorphine, other than Zubsolv. At first, I was very nervous about it, since I was taking 24mg per day of the strips & the Zubsolv equivalent was only 17.1mg per day(3- 5.7/1.4mg Tablets). I decided to just keep an open mind & not get to caught up in the different mg totals, since Zubsolv is better absorbed. It took a few days to get used to, but I honestly can't tell any difference, other than taste "

Kris235 January 5, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "Dear Hopeful and I wish you all luck, Because you will need all the luck in the world if you choose this way to get clean from an addiction problem. It will never happen it is actually 100 times harder to get off subs than any drug. It will make you loose any personality you have not to mention friends, sig others, all your sex drive. You will be depressed tired mean moody and miserable all the time. Trust me this is no way to end ur problem will only create bigger ones than before. U will loose interest in your family your dreams and life. So suck it up its 7-10 days be sick trust me it will beat the mos of misery getting off of subs . I promise don't put a bandaid on something that you will live through. Trust me the hell isnt worth it"

manda83 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 4, 2017

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Opiate Dependence: "Pretty good so far is helpful alot"

Ferran2591 (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 28, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Bunavail (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I was on Percocets for 7 years and then I started using Suboxone when I was ready to quit I used suboxone for two years,I ran out of subs one month and one of my friends gave me 10 strips of bunavile and I had to take 3 strips to stop withdrawal it didn't give me half the feeling that the sub gave me so I end up quitting Suboxone and everything cold turkey very very tough but I did it... I relapse 6 months later used for a month and decided to quit again this time I didn't use any suboxone I went straight to the bunavile I actually cut the patch in half and took 1/2 each day for the first 5 days after that I just stopped just to see if I was going to have any withdrawal but it never came now I'm just trying to be strong and stay clean..."

Duke Holliday December 28, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Zubsolv (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "Okay. my zubsolv experience so far has been good when I actually had the medication. At this very moment I am out and the pharmacies in my area NEVER have them in stock. I switched from suboxone to zubsolv because the state insurance stopped covering suboxone and started covering Zubsolv. Now, I don't mind this, but it's a bitch to get! They need to have their pharmacies carry it or else a lot of you are going to be sick over the weekend because they have to order it and they don't receive shipments during the weekend. I'm going through this right now and tomorrow is Christmas. I called every damn pharmacy and they all told me the same thing. Other than all the issues that come with trying to get my medicine, zubsolv works well for me"

Shaypoots December 25, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Bunavail (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I was taking suboxone for about a year in a half I found new Dr. They gave me Bunavail 4.2 twice a day I get 60 a month and I split it with my lady we both take 1 a day. We are good I love the taste of them compared to subs I don't like the subs. I was prescribed 2x a day for subs too and I did the same sharing so same effect with the medicine. I'm blessed and happy loving life Day by day...."

kukhahn313 December 14, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Zubsolv (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I started on Sub 1 1/2 ago. My addiction blew up after a cancer dx. Sub caused mouth sores. I should have never ever started on these medications! Once an addict always an addict! The wean process is pure hell! I feel like this must be what heroin addicts go through in jail. I hate myself for agreeing to this. Don't do it! It's so hard to get off. You think Vicodin is hard just wait. I was happy too when I first started. Soon the addict in you will take a couple more in a day. U can't be on it forever. The pain from weaning is no joke! U will abuse this & come up short I promise youI!!"

Bearcan1230 December 13, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Zubsolv (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I feel like Zubsolv puts you into withdrawal too fast and that's after splitting mine up to 4x a day even. Suboxone never did this I could go hours past my typical dosing time and not even realize the time had passed. It does taste better but personally I feel it is less effective. I miss suboxone I feel like the Zubsolv is making me irritable and I bet its because I'm withdrawing even though they claim this is the same dose as far as what's absorbed. if that's true then I wouldn't feel this way. I have to stay on it though because with the copay card you can Google and print off it is costing me $0 which is so much better than $186 a month!"

randomwomen (taken for less than 1 month) December 9, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Zubsolv (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I have had GREAT success with Zubsolv! I started out on Suboxone Films, but the taste just got to be too much for me so my Doctor put me on Zubsolv instead. In my experience it is WAY better and I just celebrated my 1 year clean anniversary. I am CLEAN and enjoying life, please ask me any questions you have, if any, I would love to help!!! :)"

KaraKaye1818 December 9, 2016

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Zubsolv (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I've used heroin for 2 years after one year it became a everyday thing I was so hooked and scared to stop using as the withdrawals were horrible - it made me so scared not to have heroin. Being so tired of wasting money and disappointing my family I got the courage to call a Dr I found from suboxone.com..he prescribed zubsolv After a week on zubsolv I woke up one morning feeling in such a good mood I felt like I didn't need anymore opiates in my life and have so much more goals in life now!! And I can actually see me progressing in life and having the good things it offers....DONT BE SCARED TT GET HELP JUST DO IT!"

Finnally back! (taken for less than 1 month) December 4, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Zubsolv (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I switched to Zubs after being on Subs for 3 months. They are so much better. I'm not sure if people understand the dosing though. It's not a lower dose than Suboxone. Zubsolv has a higher concentration therefore the 5.7/1.4 is equal to the 8/2. The two medications are identical except Zubs taste a lot better and dissolves faster. I, like most of us, was a very heavy user, and I don't start to feel withdrawal symptoms after taking my Zubs for at least 3 days. I didn't read through all the posts, but the few I did, the people were still using, so of course you're going to experience withdrawal faster...you're still using!!"

Cheeky72 (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 3, 2016