User Reviews for Buprenorphine / naloxone

Also known as: Bunavail, Suboxone, Zubsolv

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Buprenorphine/naloxone.

Opiate Dependence
8.5

Summary of Buprenorphine/naloxone reviews 8.5 655 reviews

Reviews for Buprenorphine/naloxone

Zubsolv (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "Please do not take this medicine with a SSRI else you may get serotonin syndrome. for example: Luvox CR"

He February 18, 2018

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "The medication works good but the side effects are more intense in some people."

Meems123 February 16, 2018

Zubsolv (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I started out on Suboxone strips at 12 mg a day( 4mg three a day) yes the subs worked but I absolutely hated taking them. They take forever to dissolve and tasted awful. I would almost rather go through oxy W/D than have to take a Sub. So I struggled taking subs as they were prescribed so I kept using for the majority of the time I was prescribed simply bc I thought they were that disgusting, not saying they weren't effective when I did take them. Anyways, recently I switched insurance companies and they didn't cover Suboxone so I had to switch to ZUBSOLV......WOW wish I knew about this a long time ago! I actually almost enjoy taking Zubsolv (I take 1 5.7/1.4mg pill a day) It tastes like one of those wintergreen lifesavers and dissolves waaaay quicker than Suboxone. I am extremely grateful for this medication. ZUBSOLV is a game changer."

Mick1010 February 15, 2018

For Opiate Dependence: "I was given Zubsolv for severe, ACUTE back pain resulting from a fall. I have many responsibilities and need to be able to function until my chiropractor can help, or I’m referred to a surgeon...I haven’t run across anything, seriously anything stating Zubsolv is used “off label” for pain...anyone have any experience using Zubsolv for acute pain?"

MJillian107 (taken for less than 1 month) February 13, 2018

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "Montana has a shortage of suboxone doctors. There is an internet list for this state but I found out this list is old and the doctors listed are retired, one is dead, and the others moved away. There is a telemedicine clinic which accepts medicaid. This states medicaid expansion is being cut back in increments. My insurance requires a face to face provider which another branch of the chain clinic features. I know another patient who has a mainline health plan but when the medicaid reimbursement funds dry up the clinic will close. It's doubtful they will stay open for 2 patients."

Ravilya S. (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 10, 2018

For Opiate Dependence: "I wouldn't recommend this generic to anyone who is accustomed to Suboxone. If you must switch to this generic, it's better than nothing, but not nearly as effective as Suboxone. This drug is subpar at best. You will experience withdrawal if you switch from Suboxone to this generic."

Elle077 February 1, 2018

Zubsolv (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I'm on Zubsolve for the first month. I was prescribed 5.7 mg 1 and a half times a day. I tried that dose, and almost went into full withdrawals. I've been taking 12 mg of Suboxone strips for a year now. And all of a sudden my insurance wanted me to switch. Today is day 22 and I've used all my meds. I left a message with my Doc and have not heard back yet. I wouldn't recommend this med to anyone. I'm in full withdrawal right now, and I'm going to a new doc on Friday. Please say no to it, I've been fine on 12 mg of suboxone until now!"

MsMark (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 24, 2018

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I started my opiate dependence like many others; Pain killers. I was taking 300mg of Percoset a day. It got expensive, then came heroin, never with needles. After my husband died of an overdose, I didn't even recognize the person that I was. Addicted for 10 years. So, I went to detox, and rehab. At detox I was put on 32mg of Suboxone. I now take 16mgs a day and have been clean for almost 9 months. Suboxone is a life saver. No cravings, no more obsession, no more living like a maniac. Suboxone has erased my depression completely."

SavannahSweets January 22, 2018

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "After two years and slow taper. After Christmas the 26 I ran out of the last little piece. That night the sweats/chills hit. Never slept all night for 15 days of RLS was the worst. Still not normal. The stuff worked wonders until its gone and out. Never again taking this the wd's aren't worth it."

Blazinnakax (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 10, 2018

Zubsolv (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I have been suffering with opiate addiction my whole life having been to 9 different rehabs in 9 years. Always relapsed. I have been sober since starting zubsolv a year and a half ago. No cravings, no side effects. I hate that I have to take a pill every day (2x a day) but I have a life again. after reading these comments, it seems like the only people who hate zubsolv are the ones that started off with suboxen and switched to this. from my experience, suboxen withdrawals are just as bad as or worse than heroin withdrawals, so I would guess that suboxen is just stronger or has different chemical make up (that I personally wouldn't trust) and that zubsolv doesn't exactly match up with."

DTron (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 26, 2017

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "Suboxone helped remove the shame of opioid dependence. I learned it's not a character defect to become dependent on a prescription. Its chemistry. Stopping the Opana ER (hydromorphone) didn't remove the pain from joint replacement. Became dependent on OPANA ER, which was removed from the market by FDA request (too addicting). Suboxone was a huge success. It also helps treat residual pain from joint replacement. If I ever choose to stop it, there is a procedure for reducing mg slowly. Although it causes dependency, the method of slow tapering can be pain free compared to withdrawal from most common opioids."

Off Opana (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 4, 2017

Zubsolv (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I finally checked myself into a clinic after 5 years. I have chronic pain issues, but I just couldn't take it anymore, I had to be off of the 75-90mg a day Percocet habit. My doctor prescribed the Zubsolv (15 free while we wait for my PA with my insurance). He said I could take the meds at 12hrs but I was so afraid of precipitated withdrawals that I decided to wait 24hrs. My husband held my hand while I cried uncontrollably because of the shaking awful WD's I was in, and I have serious medication anxiety and I was so scared. As soon as I popped it under my tongue it began breaking down. The flavor was pleasant enough. Within just moments I felt like a new person. Highly recommend so far!!"

ShayBay7 (taken for less than 1 month) November 3, 2017

Zubsolv (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I tried this before and it gave me headaches and got me restless and wore off in a few hours and was a horrible negative experience. Of course that wasn't true but if they were to get that P.A. back saying, if the patient just wants suboxone because that's all he's known and used and doesn't want to switch, 100% guarantee deny. They said unfortunately more times than not insurance companies deny these P.A. Requests, I was scared especially after reading so many comments on here about my same situation and it brings horrible! I prayed! The next day, Thursday, my Doctor called and said...... I WAS APPROVED!!! WOO! So guys, YOU CAN appeal an insurance decision to only trying to cover zubsolv and not suboxone like you're used to , it was easy and fast!"

READ COMMENTS! IMPORTANT! October 28, 2017

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "Suboxone stopped my addiction & drug use *dead in its tracks*. There was no withdrawal at all. Now, 4 months into the maintenance phase, the daily Suboxone dose totally prevents cravings. Even cravings for alcohol are gone. I am comfortable & happy. BUT, is extremely important to be on the right dose of it, AND then to adhere to the dosing exactly as prescribed -- with no fooling around. It seems that some people play games with it (snorting it, taking it rectally, alternative ways of taking it rather than under the tongue) and then complain that Suboxone was a catastrophe. Well, no wonder it was, in those cases. But it has helped make *major* positive changes in my life. No bad side effects."

Greg Almond (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 21, 2017

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I just started my suboxone treatment. After years of heavy oxycodone use. At my worst I was doing six to eight 30 mg oxys per day! I quit cold turkey once I revealed my problem to my family, had the worst week of my life from the withdrawal as you can imagine given my amount and length of use. After 6 months of relapsing here and there and having constant terrible cravings I finally got on suboxone. From day one this has been a lifesaving med for me. My cravings are gone , I don’t drink alcohol and my outlook on life is a million times better. If you are having a rough time with addiction then please seek help and know that suboxone literally saved my life ."

Insidious1 (taken for less than 1 month) October 17, 2017

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "Just started, no evaluation yet as only been on it a few days"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 15, 2017

For Opiate Dependence: "Good over all. Got my life together, saved my life u could say, yes. I have a slow heart rate , other vitals well in healthy person blood pressure range "

low pulse (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 4, 2017

Zubsolv (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I was addicted to heroin in high doses for almost a year and was unsuccessfully trying to get clean the whole time, getting all the way through cold turkey detox and relapsing once I felt better and the cravings took hold. I'd taken suboxone in the past but only because it got me REALLY high and not as a maintenance med. After a week clean with immense cravings I started on Zubsolv maintenance and have had almost zero cravings since. I much prefer the taste and dissolve time to subs, however I do find that if I sleep in too long and don't take my morning dose on time I wake up very sick and start vomiting (extremely painful vomiting at that) until my dose kicks in after 30-60 minutes. I still highly recommend it, I have my life back!!"

Beatnholler (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 11, 2017

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I am neither drugs nor suboxone user. However, VERY unfortunately my husband is. It's been 6 years he has been using this stuff that calls Suboxone. He is like a serious drug person, like those who use heroine and so on. He cannot live without it. Even he no longer uses opioid, he is still an addicted and sick person. Once, he tried to stop it, after minimizing his dose till minimum.But you cannot imagine what I saw that time.He was not himself, he got such terrible withdrawals. It was terrible. So he failed. And started to use it again. He was suffering for 9 days and couldn't stand it anymore. The Drs they just make money, but not thinking about other people's life who has to deal with it"

BrUklyn (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 5, 2017

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "Just puts off withdrawal. Eventually if you come off subs you will feel it. However while taking subs it makes me normal. I ironically used Vicodin to wean off subs. But I was working a great sober program. Eventually I did relapse and here we are again. I'm hoping to go on it short term instead of the 15 months I took it before. We will see. Before I was given 2-4 strips per day. Found out later 1/4 of a strip would've done fine. This time I will not take so much."

Shmeglyn (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 3, 2017

Bunavail (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I have depended on opiates for 16 years. I learned to shoot up my pills after about 2 years of snorting them. I continued this IV use for the last 7 years I used. I was just about totally broke. I lost my home & everything I worked all my life to attain. I was tired of having to worry about getting dope sick. I tired of the constant search for pills or heroin. I was easily using 20 pills a day. I was going through a much as $600 every day. I thought I was too far gone to ever get back & last a normal (ish) life. I thought I'd have to stop breathing to stop using. After a failed suicide attempt, I went to rehab. Today I am 3 days away from 900 days clean. It's a miracle!"

Belo (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 20, 2017

For Opiate Dependence: "I've been addicted to oxycodone/perks for about 7 years now. Ranging from 30-120mg a day (needed at least 30mg to be somewhat functional). Since losing cars, a house, copious amounts of money and almost losing my family and simply myself, I decided to really stick with the suboxone. Before, I just had it as a back up to keep withdrawals away if I couldn't get anything. It truly is a miracle drug but, they should warn you of the withdrawal symptoms that are very much like full blown heroin/methadone withdrawal. Day 1: 2mgs in morning, Day 2: 1mg in am 1mg bedtime, Day 3/4: 1mg Day 5/6: 0.5 mgs. By day 7 you should be .25mg or nothing. It helps to always have 1 around just in case you have that one very bad day, that could send you backwards."

Chrissyi1 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 5, 2017

Zubsolv (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "Hey guys! I wonder if the release dates of Zubsolv and Suboxone were reversed and Zubsolv came out 1st would all these stories be the same.I had been on pain pills since 2009, with severe neck and back pain from a oil tanker accident. Oct 2016 after all the pain clinics started closing and I got fed up with withdrawals. I started buying subutex, they weren't the greatest but I wasn't sick. Then I found another friend to buy strips from. I was talking 2-3 a day. In Feb 2017 I found a clinic and my insurance only covers Zubsolv. I felt 4 sure they wouldn't work. 1st couple months I kept using, Dr told me give 1 month clean and see. Well it's been 4, I feel great!! I'm on 8.6am and 5.7pm! Can hold my wifes script for oxy 15mg and NOT TOUCH THEM!"

CleanNhappy (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 28, 2017

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "Suboxone nearly killed me. The first time it was ever prescribed to me, I placed one film under my tongue and within 3 minutes, I started getting a headache, feeling dizzy and then I started having difficulty breathing. I allowed the film to dissolve and placed the second film under my tongue, the symptoms described above seemed to get worse and I started noticing hives forming on my neck. Before I knew it, I was covered with hives and could not breathe, my partner gave me liquid Benadryl and rushed me to the doctor. I had to receive steroids and other medications and carried the hives for a few days. I am highly allergic to the Naloxone AND artificial sweeteners in the Suboxone and it's alternatives. Be careful with this medication!"

AmberWV304 (taken for less than 1 month) July 21, 2017

Bunavail (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I was on 16mg of suboxone for about 3 months before I switched to Bunavail. On Suboxone I just couldn't maintain a normal life. I had such terrible headaches I relapsed every week. I couldn't keep switching from the medication to my addiction and I was sick of it all. I thought I was doomed to be an addict. My doctor suggested I switch to Bunavail and started me at 8mgs a day. It was, for me, a life changer. I wasn't experiencing the terrible headaches and I didn't keep relapsing. No cravings! Now I'm tapering off, I'm down to around a half mg a day. I don't think this was even possible for me on Suboxone."

HBP2017 July 17, 2017