User Reviews for Buprenorphine / naloxone

Opiate Dependence
8.5

Summary of Buprenorphine/naloxone reviews 8.4 688 reviews

Reviews for Buprenorphine/naloxone

Zubsolv (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I don’t understand all the negative reviews on Zubsolv. I started on Suboxone and recently switched to Zubsolv with no problems. It works just as well as Suboxone and I haven’t had any side effects. If it’s the same medication I don’t see why so many people are having problems..."

OppFree77 (taken for less than 1 month) August 13, 2018

Zubsolv (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I hate this medicine so much. I was a heroin addict for 2 and a half years and I stopped by taking suboxone. I’ve been taking suboxone for about 7 months and it worked perfectly fine. But then I lost half my script and when I went to the doctor to figure out what to do, he said he would prescribe me Zubsolv for the remaining amount of time cause he said the pharmacy wouldn’t prescribe be suboxone again. Zubsolv has been making me feel like I’m wired, but not in a good way, giving me horrible headaches, nausea, and making my BP go up so high and I don’t know why it’s doing this. I still have a week to go taking it and this is literally pure torture."

Alicia (taken for less than 1 month) August 9, 2018

For Opiate Dependence: "Had tried low dose prior when on methadone/clinic Dr. invited me to try out of his own office. Way too low dose but then decided to go off methadone and punished myself for 2 months /lost 45lb. My mom found 1 of 3 Drs in state with rights to prescribe/was still experimental. Once on right dose=16mg/4mg and I swear it was like I never had a problem!!! 10yrs later and finally ready to start tapering =]"

GypsyNomad (taken for 10 years or more) August 6, 2018

Bunavail (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I give this medicine of 5 because the medicine does what it is intended for. It does block the opiate receptors and it does keep physical withdrawals from happening. The fact that TennCare and other insurance companies pay for it rather than Suboxone is a fantastic thing. However, the method of absorption needs to be improved. I do not feel that it is as effective as Suboxone, buprenorphine or Subutex."

Sammie (taken for less than 1 month) August 4, 2018

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I had been using opiates for about 8 years and had gone to rehab once only to relapse after about 4 months of being clean. I had heard of Suboxone and did some research. I found a clinic about 60 miles away and went there. They have a great support system and outpatient treatment program. I followed all the instructions of my Dr. and have been on Suboxone for about 10 years now. I started at a dose of 24/6 mg a day. I reduced to 12/4 and have done great there. Continue to reduce but only down to a point. I intend to stay on a low dose for good. It works and I have my life back. It has been 10 years since I have used anything. I don't even drink anymore. It is a lifesaver for anyone who is serious about getting clean and willing to do what the Dr says. You cannot play around with your dosage or how you take the drug. Just use a s directed and get your life back."

Ned23 (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 1, 2018

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I’ve been hooked on oxy for over 2 years now. Started off taking the 10s here and there. Than I was taking them twice a day. My dealer didn’t have 10mg so I bought 30mg. It was downhill from there. At my worst l was popping 10-12 30mg a day. I have not lived the past two years. My life revolved around those pills. I couldn’t go anywhere do anything without them. I finally got the courage to go see a Dr. They prescribed me suboxone 4mg. I waited 17 hrs after my last oxy. Took my first strip this morning when I started having withdrawals. It took the withdrawals right away. I feel good. A little muscle/back pain but overall I feel good. Nothing like the symptoms that withdrawals brings on."

BigE (taken for less than 1 month) July 26, 2018

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "Absolute miracle drug and incredibly long half life. This will absolutely get your life back to normal. Highly recommended. Do not be afraid to talk with your doctor."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 13, 2018

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I started taking this for pain, but yet we are dependent upon this "Life Saver", and yet we are sober or clean,... can anybody go three days without taking? NO, not because of pain but because of withdrawals, now I find myself needing to go to rehab- but I can't, we would loose the house and we have babies,... Thanks to my choices and the "doctors" for making it worse, and they are free,...?"

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 10, 2018

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I had been on many different pain killers over the last 15 years and it was getting to the point where nothing was helping with the pain so I tried Suboxone and it really helped a lot. I have been on it for a year now and I feel like I am finally living my life - without all the pain and the dr has me on 2 a day but most of the time I only need 1 a day. If the pain is bad then I take 1 1/2 and that beats taking 6 to 8 pain killers a day"

feeling great (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 6, 2018

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "For me, the initial dose of Suboxone totally killed withdrawal symptoms. Within 20 minutes it did, replacing the WD & mental depression with a 'bright' & 'refreshed' feeling that lasted until my next dose. (This far exceeded my expectations). Now, over a year later, I'm still on once-a-day maintenance. I feel like I'm actually living now -- seems like with a new body & mind. The wonders of Suboxone are many, but for me it's mainly the fact that it lasts sooo long -- thereby breaking the addict cycle of 'needing' to dose something every few hours. Also I can eat all I want, when I want -- without interference to the medicine."

Alltoward Infinity (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 2, 2018

Bunavail (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "So I've been on Suboxone several years and just got switched to Bunavail because my insurance will pay for it so I figured what the heck, I'll try it. I read some reviews on here that had me worried about the switch, people saying they had withdrawals on it, it was horrible, etc. I'm on day 3 and have no real complaints at this point. Actually I feel great and just one 4.2mg film last me all day. Only problem was the 1st day it rolled up as soon as I put it in my cheek, that's pretty annoying. I read on here where someone said to fold all 4 corners back 1st and I tried that and it worked great! Thanks to whoever that was. As I said, so far I'm really liking it and the fact my insurance covers it is a huge plus."

Bo-1966 (taken for less than 1 month) July 1, 2018

For Opiate Dependence: "Taste is horrible"

David (taken for less than 1 month) June 26, 2018

Zubsolv (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I started taking suboxone twelve years ago( 2006) and initially I was prescribed four 8mg tablets a day (32mg) which in all honesty was too much. I had a nearly a 30 year heroin addiction and have the same war stories everyone else has with their addiction. I stayed on the suboxone up until three years ago when my insurance no longer covered them and was switched to Zubsolv pills. I started taking one 5.7 tab and then two 1.4 tablets a day. I once tried to wean myself off of the suboxone and did fairly good getting down to a 2mg piece. When I looked at how small a 2mg piece is I had the brilliant idea that since it was so small of a piece I could just stop, never been more wrong about anything in my life!! Now that I've been on the Zubsolv for three years, I've asked my PCP to start titrating off of them and have gotten down to just the one 5.7mg and one .70mg tablet and feel fine."

scorpio012 June 23, 2018

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "Works very well for opioid dependence. Immediate results when taken properly. "

Bo (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 22, 2018

Zubsolv (buprenorphine / naloxone) for : "I took suboxone for about 5 years. Then my insurance changed and I was switched to zubsolv. I ended up on it in a strange way for pain and PTSD symptoms. During the time I changed brands, I was starting to feel weak, usually emotional, low energy, which is not the type of guy I normally was..I assumed it was the zubsolv. I continued to struggle on it for years. Then I got a new GP when I moved and she looked at my meds and my complaints and ordered a testosterone test. It came back indicating I had the levels of an 80 year old man and I was 30. Getting off Zubsolv was pretty rough. Going through opioid withdrawal is hard enough, but feeling so weak and emotional on top of it. It took me quitting my job, and focusing completely on rebuilding myself mentally and physically for a year. Still, my quality of life during that time was so much better."

armchairpharmacist (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 11, 2018

For Opiate Dependence: "It’s ok gave me crazy dreams and some stomach issues"

Hey (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 30, 2018

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "Suboxone took my opiate addiction away. Has saved my life. I now am having knee replacement. In much pain. Suboxone helps somewhat. I would like pain management. Until surgery and recovery. I would then go back to Suboxone. Hard to get opiates from any Dr right now. It is a wonderful drug. People say it doesn't work. You have to want to be clean."

Tessa (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 30, 2018

For Opiate Dependence: "I have pain due to back nerve removal and two knee replacement. I was prescribed Suboxone because I went to dual mental heath or/ and drug rehab. I did not have any drug problems I was on prescribed opiate prescriptions due to injuries and surgery from accident. I was diagnosed with major depression. The doctors changed me to suboxone the depression was successfully treated but the suboxone has been the worst drug I have ever been on. It helped pain for first six months. The side effects have been horrible. I am swollen, have back and side pain, burning mouth, constipation, nausea among others. I had two back surgeries the year the depression started, right knee replacement three years before and will have left knee replacement this month. What they do not tell you is you cannot have surgery on suboxone with naloxone because it stops pain medication from working."

Mag22 May 28, 2018

For Opiate Dependence: "Buprenorphine with naloxone is an excellent medication. Miracle drug. If you are addicted to opiate pain pills - this medication will stop your craving for opiates and stop your body from going into withdrawals. This medication does NOT get you high. If you are addicted to pain pills and you want to stop using- this medication is the cure."

Slim (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 18, 2018

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I am a multi drug user. Dependant on opioids for 20 years and stimulants off and on for 20 years. I was diagnosed with MDD in my twenties. Now 56. The medication has nearly eradicated my cravings for opioids and even more important for me I have no PTSD type flashbacks/cravings for stimulants eg. methamphetamine. The specific action at the Kappa receptors has mostly cured my depression. I have joy and excitement back in my life. The relief from depression occurred at around day two. I sometimes feel difficulty breathing, perhaps some edema. Some loss of sex drive. Some weight gain. Unless I decide to detox from this one day, I plan on staying on this medication for the rest of my life. Certainly as long as the antidepressant effect holds out."

Clem (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 14, 2018

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "For 5 years I was taking up to eight 30mg Roxicodone daily. I've been researching Suboxone for almost 2 years but was always too scared to make the switch. Well in January of this year I decided to go for it and so far it was the best decision I ever made. On the day of my induction I waited 24 hours from my last roxy dose and took a full strip. I waited about 10 minutes and didn't feel much relief so then I took another one and within 5 minutes I felt great. I think I needed two strips because of the high amount of Roxy I was on. Anyways, less than 5 months later I'm taking 4 mg a day and SO FAR I FEEL GREAT!! I am more motivated, I got most of my libido back, I'm not as constipated, I HAVE ZERO WITHDRAWAL SYMPTOMS. I feel much better and my mind is much clearer then its been in a long time. So for anyone who has agonized over taking suboxone and scared to make the switch, all I can say is DO IT. If you don't like it you can always go back, but you gotta try."

DecemberGuy May 3, 2018

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "After using norco' s Percocet, soma, tiazadine, morphine IR, ER, Kadian, for my chronic pain syndrome, DDD, knee, finger, joint pain. I just started with the subprime 2.0-5mg, I immediately suffering with a headache, shakes, and jittery feelings. Muscles got super tight. X is bad."

Turbo Tony (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 30, 2018

For Opiate Dependence: "The actavis, (half moon/155) buprenorphine 8/naloxone2mg are hands down the BEST generic form of suboxone. I actually like them much more than the strips. No taste, bitter or anything, and seems to paste at least as long if not longer than strips. Without that horrid taste!!!"

Hessssss (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 28, 2018

For Opiate Dependence: "Activus is the worst generic that I've ever taken. You will be in withdrawal if you use it. This comment won't get through, because they only take positive feedback."

jskess002 (taken for less than 1 month) April 24, 2018

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "Switched to tabs due to irritation and sores on tongue from the strips. Tabs made significant difference as I think I may have had reaction to a product in strips. Been clean and on suboxone for seven years. So thankful for this medication "

Jolene (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 18, 2018