User Reviews for Bunavail

Learn more about Bunavail.

Opiate Dependence 31 reviews 8 medications

5.7
Summary of Bunavail reviews 31 reviews 5.7

Reviews for Bunavail

For Opiate Dependence "This medication gave me headaches from the very first dose. They lasted 3 weeks. I volunteered to try bunivail, so I stuck it out for 3 full months. I have to admit these have been the worst three months ever. I would sweat all day. Hot yet had the chills, I couldn't enjoy food. I forced myself to eat. I would start having withdrawals 4-5 hours after I took it. The ungodly hunk of slim that was left over after an hour would float all over my mouth. This drug sucks. Today I got put back on subs and I kid you not I feel amazing. I am normal again, if I missed a dose of two of subs I was fine with this bunivail I had to do more than I was supposed to just to feel normal. I wouldn't recommend anyone to switch to this crap.."

LilDOh (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 2, 2016

For Opiate Dependence "This medicine initially killed the withdrawal, but after five days I realized I was still having cravings really badly. Also, it felt like I was dragging a thirty pound weight around with me coupled with severe depression. Most pharmacies do not carry this medication and most pharmacists I spoke with had not even heard of this drug. All in all I had to hunt this med down and special order it only to find out it sucks. And yes I was taking it correctly the print side facing out towards my inner cheek lining. I am going back to the doc to ask for the one and only Suboxone."

Alculo November 1, 2016

For Opiate Dependence "I hope no one makes a desicion based on other peoples opinion. I didnt at first like it becuz o fcouse 8/2 sounds like more than 4/2, so as an addict more is always better, But all of our bodys absorb meds diffrently, it can depende on alot of things. Subs do give u more energy and takes an hour to dissolve I wake up an hour before it is time to get up and put it in then go back to sleep for an hour so that I'm good to go when I wake up...smart huh"

Opyaddy (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 1, 2016

For Opiate Dependence "Absolutely hands downs the best! I read some of the neg posts on here and you must be taking it wrong. no nasty taste and mine actually dissolves in like 10 minutes once I started leaving it alone after I put it in. Doc made me watch a YouTube video that helped. Plus it's free for me!!!!!"

Volsfan99 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 16, 2016

For Opiate Dependence "I switched to Bunavail because its alot cheaper then suboxone films and even the generic tablets. I have no problems with it. Yes the gummy stuff takes a minute to get used to but less medicine and same results. Works wonders staying on the program."

Good stuff (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 2, 2016

For Opiate Dependence "Horrible, was on 8mg suboxe a day for a week and my doctor just switched randomly after I told him I did not want bunavail he gave me 3 weeks worth and it sucks the depression I get in the middle of the day I still feel shitty and still want to use! I actually went and relapsed after taking 2 4.2 mg tabs and almost felt the full feeling from the relapse was falling out a lil bit and everything! That never would have worked if I was even on 8mg of Suboxone. Can't wait to get back to doctor and make him switch me back. The depression I get from even the slightest withdrawal off bunavail is awful. Tell your doctor u don't want bunavail! I believe the true reason they made this stuff is because people cannot inject it like they can suboxone"

Stevie ray August 18, 2016

For Opiate Dependence "Insurance would not pay for Suboxone so I was given Bunavail and it sucks in comparison. Bunavail gave me headaches and I had to take twice the amount to fell ok but still gave me a down and out feeling. It did however keep the urge of using down but made me wish I had never started taking these."

jlcvols (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 3, 2016

For Opiate Dependence "I am new to opiate addiction but not new to this world. After 3 years of prescribed oxy and oxycontin at 60 mg with a doctor who would not increase my dose due to my tolerance, i found a hook up that helped me increase my 60 mg to 210 mg a day habit. Needless to say, I was becoming broke. At the beginning of July i had a friend check me into a four t o five day clinic at my 26th hour of no oxis due to an effective DEA seizure I guess. I was hurting and delusional. I asked the question of which one was easiest and Bunavail won!! I think they are amazing!"in thev28th hour I received my first 4.2 patch- it is suppose to be equivalent to an 80 mg oxi.. I have had no withdrawals minus that first day I put myself through hell."

Sexilexi (taken for less than 1 month) July 29, 2016

For Opiate Dependence "I was put on Bunavail because of the constipation I was having on the Bup's. I used to take 2mg twice a day...my Doc told me how great this new Bunavail is, yada yada. The first two days of it, I was going thru WD's! My moods were awful, I was clammy but hot, sweating, chills, no appetite. So my Doc tells me to double my dosage, and finally I feel better...no more WD's, but my gosh...the mood swings...I'm like a crazy woman on her period, ready to snap on the next person that irritates me. That's NOT like me, I'm always rainbows and butterflies, and I hate this. While the constipation has gotten better, it's still there. I'd rather have to take laxatives then deal with these mood swings. I'll give it another month until my next appointment"

LindseyLouLou June 19, 2016

For Opiate Dependence "I absolutely love this drug! I hated taking my subs and this is hands down 100% easier to take. It does take some getting used to that gummy feeling on my cheek but I don't even notice it now."

76'erfan (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 31, 2016

For Opiate Dependence "This medication is awful. It rolls up every time you put it in your cheek. It literally takes hours to dissolve. One 4.2mg bunavail doesn't even come close to the equivalent of one 8mg suboxone. It's a shame that these shady pharmaceutical companies can use money to push inferior medicine through the fda and get it to addicts who can't even figure out how to take the stuff let alone use it as a replacement therapy to stay clean."

Kaboness (taken for less than 1 month) May 29, 2016

For Opiate Dependence "I have been on Suboxone type medications since 2002 and it is now 2016; therefore, I would consider that I have tremendous experience with buprenorphine over the years. Suboxone Tablets then film for 7-10 years, tried Zubsolve, which was an awful experience. Finally Bunavail. I was taking 24-32 mg of Suboxone and I've been very very happy with Bumavail because I'm down to 12.6 mg a day. This is the only medication that I can take as prescribed and am feeling less medicated. I absolutely love it. Those who say it's terrible; maybe, but I have an inkling that he or she is just stuck and fears trying something new."

noonce (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 26, 2016

For Opiate Dependence "awful!this med is soooo bad.doesn't stick to cheek or absorb the BUP.It had me doubting myself?And........ahhhhhhh."......Why are they pushing this BS??????worst 2 weeks I have had in treatment..........Sick,withdrawing, but go back toDr Tuesday to change back to suboxone,almost relapsed"........Hating the Insurance now for only covering this stuff?"

Chickmunk April 30, 2016

For Opiate Dependence "More research and testing needed to be done on this drug before people could get on it. It is very true to MG and does not have higher absorption than Suboxone, period. Bunavail would not be an appropriate substitute for a patient who is stable on Suboxone at higher doses beside you would have to take so much past the legal limits of Bunavail to not be sick. BDSI - you REALLY need to raise the amount of Buprenorphine in the buccal film or figure out how to increase the absorption."

Al1985Jandro April 14, 2016

For Opiate Dependence "I switched to bunuvail like most people because my insurance stopped paying for my suboxone. I have been on subs for a year. The bunuvail does what it's supposed to as far as keeping me from having cravings. The only bad thing about it in my opinion is I hate how long it takes to dissolve and it tastes terrible to me. But it does what it's made to do"

MNBD16 (taken for less than 1 month) March 27, 2016

For Opiate Dependence "Horrible drug , besides the fact of it taking so long to dissolve with the left over gunk in your mouth. I've been on suboxone for 3 years and tried this out because I needed a week for my preauthoraziton to go through.... I've been throwing up after I woke up the second day with out my subs I'm still going through withdrawals all day hot and cold no energy the usual misery. DO NOT TRY THIS DRUG IF YOU HAVE BEEN ON SUBOXONE FOR ANY AMOUNT OF TIME. Nothing about the being able to talk ( due to the slimy like10x subs at once in your mouth but a different texture. Any of the reasons they give for it being a lower dose doesn't even work because it barely sticks to your cheek so it basically doesn't even have a blocker in it so your constantly craving."

Pookpooks February 4, 2016

For Opiate Dependence "Switched from Sub 24mg or so to buna, 15mg . Just fine, A little getting used to!! it only takes 15 minutes to (ABSORB) Not dissolve !!! I spit out the (Goo) after at least 15 minutes!!! 15mg to 9mg to 6mg !!! I'm probably going to stay here for a while ?? I don't want to screw up a good thing !! This is the best stuff out there For us CHRONIC Addict's ! I have my life back"

Bradlee619 (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 6, 2015

For Opiate Dependence "I have been taking 8mg Suboxone for 2 years and switched to Bunavail because myinsurance would cover it. I am switchng back after taking it for 2 weeks because 4.2 mg of Bunavail does not equal 8mg of Suboxone regardless of what the manufactor claims. I started feeling bad around day 4 of taking it and have not felt better. I would not recommend switching to this brand."

anonymous9161 November 22, 2015

For Opiate Dependence "Horrible!!! If ur doctor offers u this turn it down!!! I've been on subs for over three years and got put on this bull***** because of insurance. The fact that it dissolves in ur cheek is the only thing bunavail has going for it. I cannot get out of bed on this crap my whole body hurts 24/7 it's like I'm consistently going through withdrawals. Take my advice do not get on this medicine because it's free u will be stuck on it, pay for the subs because if u get on bunavail u will be back in the streets buying what got u on subs anyways"

Anonymous November 5, 2015

For Opiate Dependence "So I've been taking suboxone for 5yrs now and now this bunavail come out and big pharma convinces insurance companies that's it a better management drug when in reality its not even close! I see many people relapsing due to this! In my opinion bunavail is the worst, nothing about it does what it claims from the dissolving to the actual reason for using it. I'd give it a zero if possible, very disappointed!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 29, 2015

For Opiate Dependence "I was on Suboxone in rehab. Then I was put on Zubsolv. After 3 months I was lucky enough to be invited to join a clinical trial for Bunavail. It took me a couple weeks to get used to it. I learned that applying the patch where my cheeks meet my gums helped keep it in place & helped keep it from rolling up. I take 4 2.1mg patches a day. This helps me cope with my chronic pain & keeps me from craving drugs. I think it works as well as other forms of buprenorphine. I will admit that Suboxone seems to give me more energy. I don't know why?"

Belo (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 21, 2015

For Opiate Dependence "Won't dissolve, takes forever. Severe headaches after 20 minutes of taking ."

78562johnson22 October 16, 2015

For Opiate Dependence "Uncomfortable in mouth, does not stick to cheek , little B.Vail packages create a huge amount waste and unwanted attention. Who wants open a wrapper marked clearly , and then stick a film to their cheek that will not stay. Will not dissolve in less than 10 mins. Defiantly better than being a junkie. Not much difference if you have to hide your meds, you need . All because of the strange and untoward delivery system really , can't they just make a pill that dissolves in the lining of the stomach ????"

Anonymous October 11, 2015

For Opiate Dependence "I have been taking suboxone for about 3 years now and it always worked great for me. Well since my insurance will not cover it any longer, my doc wrote me out this new script of bunavail. I have to say this is the worst Meds I have ever tried. I still feel tired through out the day which makes my mind start to wonder into the wrong places. A huge con for me is how long it takes to dissolve, I held it in for 1 1/2 hours before I finally said screw it and dug it out. This is a pathetic excuse for a replacement. I will not be trying this again, come next week I will be paying for my subs, I don't care how much they cost. All this medication is going to do is get people using again."

This blows October 11, 2015

For Opiate Dependence "I've been maintained by suboxone for over 2 years and it honestly and truly changed my life around... but after being on it for so long my doctor switched me to bunavail since it was longer acting and you could still talk while it is dissolving. I was thus very disappointed upon first dose at how long it takes to dissolve and how difficult it is to really adhere it to your cheek, and even if it does stick temporarily it always comes off and floats around your mouth and ends up all over your teeth. This is made worse when you talk... and by the fact that it takes about 45mins to dissolve! I'm switching back to suboxone."

BrittBritt457893 (taken for less than 1 month) October 6, 2015