User Reviews for Bunavail

Learn more about Bunavail.

Opiate Dependence 47 reviews 8 medications

6.2
Summary of Bunavail reviews 47 reviews 6.2

Reviews for Bunavail

For Opiate Dependence "I have depended on opiates for 16 years. I learned to shoot up my pills after about 2 years of snorting them. I continued this IV use for the last 7 years I used. I was just about totally broke. I lost my home & everything I worked all my life to attain. I was tired of having to worry about getting dope sick. I tired of the constant search for pills or heroin. I was easily using 20 pills a day. I was going through a much as $600 every day. I thought I was too far gone to ever get back & last a normal (ish) life. I thought I'd have to stop breathing to stop using. After a failed suicide attempt, I went to rehab. Today I am 3 days away from 900 days clean. It's a miracle!"

Belo (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Opiate Dependence "I was on 16mg of suboxone for about 3 months before I switched to Bunavail. On Suboxone I just couldn't maintain a normal life. I had such terrible headaches I relapsed every week. I couldn't keep switching from the medication to my addiction and I was sick of it all. I thought I was doomed to be an addict. My doctor suggested I switch to Bunavail and started me at 8mgs a day. It was, for me, a life changer. I wasn't experiencing the terrible headaches and I didn't keep relapsing. No cravings! Now I'm tapering off, I'm down to around a half mg a day. I don't think this was even possible for me on Suboxone."

HBP2017 July 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Opiate Dependence "Went from the regular strips to bunavail and it's absolute trash it doesn't dissolve it just turns into a gross gummy substance in my mouth even after waiting over an hour, I am now happily on 16mg of subtex pure buprenorphine tablets no more pesky nalaxone."

Lonzo2 (taken for less than 1 month) July 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Opiate Dependence "Hardcore I.V heroin/everything user saved by this drug. After 20 yrs of battling opiate/prison/whole bunch of crap, I leaned heavily on bupe. And broke a cycle that puts most people in a box 4 life. From subutex to subox, to bunivail, I moved up the ladder. I give credit to this drug and packing up moving south away from all connects. The drug aided me and opened up an opportunity to be productive. I was tired and 3 yrs later I sit clean, a beast job, chilling out on the beach. I read all the crying about this and that. Without this drug I was dead and to hear all this pampered rubbish about it rolling in your mouth, milligrams tricking you, man or woman - use it to be there for your loved ones."

Witt187 July 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Opiate Dependence "I would rather deal with the long dissolve time of Bunavail than the horrible taste, shorter effect and headaches you get from Subs (Suboxone orange sublingual strips). In my personal experience, it takes about an hour in my cheek to get the full effect, but not dissolve completely. That effect is an all-day one versus Subs. On the Subs, I'd have to use a little more after a few hours. Plus a pounding headache if I wasn't careful. On the Bunavail, all of my withdrawal symptoms are gone, I have energy and a great mood. It does the exact same thing as the Subs do, you just have to be patient with the way it's delivered into your system. Which is apparently something half the people out there aren't capable of, judging from the comments."

Tamd o' The Dark July 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Opiate Dependence "I switched from Suboxone 16mgs to Bunavail 8mgs and I have to say that it hasn't been a great experience for me. After adhering the Bunavail buccal film to my cheek, they curl up and leave an unpleasant sticky substance all over my mouth. Now, just the sight of the Bunavail packets make me feel like I want to gag. The half dose rule also really feels wrong to me. The first week took a lot of work to get used to. I am getting the Probuphine implant soon and can't wait until I don't have to get scripts filled anymore let alone use this cumbersome medication that is Bunavail."

JameySumm June 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Opiate Dependence "I was told my dosing of bunavail is equivalent to taking a whole 8mg suboxone I left the office still not feeling well I was told it is effective within 30 minutes it took 50 minutes to be able to stomach food and my headache lightened up a little. About two hours later I all of a sudden felt withdraw again. I thought to myself why is this happening why am I back to feeling worse and couldn't help but question what was happening I did some research. They're lying when they tell you it's equivalent to suboxone they straight up state they give you less bupenorphine so that there's less chances of bupenorphine on the street or less chance of being abused. Doesn't Matter how it's taken. They try tricking u."

Letsbereal13 (taken for less than 1 month) June 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Opiate Dependence "Bunavail work great for detox and keeping away from opiates but there is one major draw back and that's getting the film not to roll back on itself in which you lose probably 1/4 of absorption not going into you cheek and instead it can sit in your mouth your saliva hoping to get it distributed elsewhere like the underneath of tongue. I have tried bending the corners to prevent the rolling which helps a little but the film still wants to roll, bend corners 90° for best results. Not supposed to cut the films but manys docs say to do it which is fine because the bup and nalox is equal distributed, I called bunavail to check. But when you cut the films seems to be worse on rolling up because less surface that the film has to stick to your cheek"

Recoveryman (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Opiate Dependence "My biggest problem was ease of use. The patch did not stick well to my cheek. It would often almost immediately start to roll in on the edges, sometimes ending up as a small cylinder and other times ending up completely stuck to my teeth. The rate of absorption was thus very different from dose to dose. I wasted quite a few Patches because I would often have to re apply. For me, this dosage form was not easy to use and not consistent.."

Rph77 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Opiate Dependence "Give it time to get your method of application mastered. I bend the four corners in slightly to make them stick better so they don't peel up. Also don't put the film directly over you saliva duct on your check, try putting it below or in front of it. With manufacturer coupon and BCBS I pay $30 for # 60 Bunavail 4.2/0.7mg films. Bunavail is a tier 3 medication, manufacturer card pays $100."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Opiate Dependence "Bunavail is a great alternative to Suboxone films. There is no 30 minute wait for it to dissolve, and one can carry on with normal activities while it is adhered to the cheek. It also has far better bioavailability, so less of the medicine is wasted in the digestive tract. Also, I've had less headaches from Bunavail than Suboxone. The only problem is getting them to properly adhere to your cheek. Sometimes they roll up like a scroll, or wad up and turn into a ball of mush. This wastes a film, and none of us have "extra" Bunavail to use if this should happen (as the manufacturer suggests)! There are no instructions as to how long they should remain adhered, either. I love Bunavail, but this issue is beyond frustrating!"

Wish they would stick properly (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Opiate Dependence "This medication is a JOKE!! Stay on subs before you try this. Omg it's horrible. I can't believe the scam these pharmaceutical companies are pushing out with this horrible medication. Feels like I'm withdrawing all over again!!"

Hatethisshit January 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Opiate Dependence "I was on Suboxone for about 5 years when I became pregnant. During my pregnancy my Doc had me on Subutex and then after my pregnancy it was time to go back to Suboxone. My Doc gave me Bunavail instead. Like somebody else mentioned, it said it was 4.2 mg instead of 8 and my addict brain immediately did not like that. And when I first started it, I HATED it. I would take a whole piece in my right cheek and it BARELY touched my withdraws. I had to wait for it to melt, which takes FOREVER, and then take another one. BUT, one day I put it in my left cheek just to mix it up, and I was SHOCKED that it worked! So well that I actually felt nausious. Ever since I've been using my left cheek and have had no problems, besides the time it takes to melt."

TeriLynn419 January 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Opiate Dependence "I was an absolute mess for 17 years until 7 years ago when I found the answer to my prayers, suboxone, and ever since I became established with a doctor and insurance life's back to normal. So I am an absolute supporter of bupenorphine/naloxone and I switched to Bunavail because I could no longer tolerate the taste of the subs. And 5-6 months later I have had not 1 problem with them. My daughter also tried them but she experiences withdrawals within a few hours and she doesn't like them. Just goes to show how much it varies from person to person. My advice is to at least try them if you for whatever reason are considering making the switch. The taste is definitely tolerable and the convenience of being able to talk while dosing is great!"

Gammiemay January 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Opiate Dependence "I was on Percocets for 7 years and then I started using Suboxone when I was ready to quit I used suboxone for two years,I ran out of subs one month and one of my friends gave me 10 strips of bunavile and I had to take 3 strips to stop withdrawal it didn't give me half the feeling that the sub gave me so I end up quitting Suboxone and everything cold turkey very very tough but I did it... I relapse 6 months later used for a month and decided to quit again this time I didn't use any suboxone I went straight to the bunavile I actually cut the patch in half and took 1/2 each day for the first 5 days after that I just stopped just to see if I was going to have any withdrawal but it never came now I'm just trying to be strong and stay clean..."

Duke Holliday December 28, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Opiate Dependence "I was taking suboxone for about a year in a half I found new Dr. They gave me Bunavail 4.2 twice a day I get 60 a month and I split it with my lady we both take 1 a day. We are good I love the taste of them compared to subs I don't like the subs. I was prescribed 2x a day for subs too and I did the same sharing so same effect with the medicine. I'm blessed and happy loving life Day by day...."

kukhahn313 December 14, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Opiate Dependence "This medication gave me headaches from the very first dose. They lasted 3 weeks. I volunteered to try bunivail, so I stuck it out for 3 full months. I have to admit these have been the worst three months ever. I would sweat all day. Hot yet had the chills, I couldn't enjoy food. I forced myself to eat. I would start having withdrawals 4-5 hours after I took it. The ungodly hunk of slim that was left over after an hour would float all over my mouth. This drug sucks. Today I got put back on subs and I kid you not I feel amazing. I am normal again, if I missed a dose of two of subs I was fine with this bunivail I had to do more than I was supposed to just to feel normal. I wouldn't recommend anyone to switch to this crap.."

LilDOh (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 2, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Opiate Dependence "This medicine initially killed the withdrawal, but after five days I realized I was still having cravings really badly. Also, it felt like I was dragging a thirty pound weight around with me coupled with severe depression. Most pharmacies do not carry this medication and most pharmacists I spoke with had not even heard of this drug. All in all I had to hunt this med down and special order it only to find out it sucks. And yes I was taking it correctly the print side facing out towards my inner cheek lining. I am going back to the doc to ask for the one and only Suboxone."

Alculo November 1, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Opiate Dependence "I hope no one makes a desicion based on other peoples opinion. I didnt at first like it becuz o fcouse 8/2 sounds like more than 4/2, so as an addict more is always better, But all of our bodys absorb meds diffrently, it can depende on alot of things. Subs do give u more energy and takes an hour to dissolve I wake up an hour before it is time to get up and put it in then go back to sleep for an hour so that I'm good to go when I wake up...smart huh"

Opyaddy (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 1, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Opiate Dependence "Absolutely hands downs the best! I read some of the neg posts on here and you must be taking it wrong. no nasty taste and mine actually dissolves in like 10 minutes once I started leaving it alone after I put it in. Doc made me watch a YouTube video that helped. Plus it's free for me!!!!!"

Volsfan99 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 16, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Opiate Dependence "I switched to Bunavail because its alot cheaper then suboxone films and even the generic tablets. I have no problems with it. Yes the gummy stuff takes a minute to get used to but less medicine and same results. Works wonders staying on the program."

Good stuff (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 2, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Opiate Dependence "Horrible, was on 8mg suboxe a day for a week and my doctor just switched randomly after I told him I did not want bunavail he gave me 3 weeks worth and it sucks the depression I get in the middle of the day I still feel shitty and still want to use! I actually went and relapsed after taking 2 4.2 mg tabs and almost felt the full feeling from the relapse was falling out a lil bit and everything! That never would have worked if I was even on 8mg of Suboxone. Can't wait to get back to doctor and make him switch me back. The depression I get from even the slightest withdrawal off bunavail is awful. Tell your doctor u don't want bunavail! I believe the true reason they made this stuff is because people cannot inject it like they can suboxone"

Stevie ray August 18, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Opiate Dependence "Insurance would not pay for Suboxone so I was given Bunavail and it sucks in comparison. Bunavail gave me headaches and I had to take twice the amount to fell ok but still gave me a down and out feeling. It did however keep the urge of using down but made me wish I had never started taking these."

jlcvols (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 3, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Opiate Dependence "I am new to opiate addiction but not new to this world. After 3 years of prescribed oxy and oxycontin at 60 mg with a doctor who would not increase my dose due to my tolerance, i found a hook up that helped me increase my 60 mg to 210 mg a day habit. Needless to say, I was becoming broke. At the beginning of July i had a friend check me into a four t o five day clinic at my 26th hour of no oxis due to an effective DEA seizure I guess. I was hurting and delusional. I asked the question of which one was easiest and Bunavail won!! I think they are amazing!"in thev28th hour I received my first 4.2 patch- it is suppose to be equivalent to an 80 mg oxi.. I have had no withdrawals minus that first day I put myself through hell."

Sexilexi (taken for less than 1 month) July 29, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Opiate Dependence "I was put on Bunavail because of the constipation I was having on the Bup's. I used to take 2mg twice a day...my Doc told me how great this new Bunavail is, yada yada. The first two days of it, I was going thru WD's! My moods were awful, I was clammy but hot, sweating, chills, no appetite. So my Doc tells me to double my dosage, and finally I feel better...no more WD's, but my gosh...the mood swings...I'm like a crazy woman on her period, ready to snap on the next person that irritates me. That's NOT like me, I'm always rainbows and butterflies, and I hate this. While the constipation has gotten better, it's still there. I'd rather have to take laxatives then deal with these mood swings. I'll give it another month until my next appointment"

LindseyLouLou June 19, 2016