User Reviews for Correctol

Constipation
5.5

Summary of Correctol reviews 5.9 32 reviews

Reviews for Correctol

For Constipation "Worst experience EVER! I took 2 of them on Sunday night around 8pm. I had several bowel movements the next morning when I woke up. Felt fine. As I began my day, I started to feel queasy. I had a light breakfast and drank some tea. By noon I was throwing my guts up and blood like too. After I threw up I was fine, there was nothing on my stomach. I ate a bowl of chicken noodle soup/crackers and ginger ale....couldn't even keep it down an hour and threw it all back up. Mine was coming up and not out. Around 6pm ate a few more crackers/ginger ale because I was so weak. I broke out in a horrible sweat and it was coming out of both ends. WORST EXPERIENCE EVER!!! I will use natural products in the future."

Ginger (taken for less than 1 month) October 30, 2018

For Constipation "I took Correctol at 8 PM on a Friday evening. By 3PM the next day after not having had a decent BM in a week it worked. I did not have terrible cramping but cramping is the body's natural way to signal and initiate evacuation of the intestines and I guess that cramping can get really bad. I can not say this medicine has ever led me to have longer lasting cramping or worked within an hour as some reviewers have stated. I think if cramping occurred within an hour of taking this drug it was strictly coincidental. The product worked as advertised and gently did what it states it is intended to do. In total it took about 15 hours to work and when it did work it was not as though I had to find the facilities within minutes. I was able to "hold off" until convenient."

Neededanudge (taken for less than 1 month) August 28, 2018

For Constipation "Omg, I will never take this drug again. Like the other people here who stated it caused nausea, stomach cramping, and so on, yep I had the same side effects as well. I took one yesterday around 4pm and it kicked in about an hour later. Today it's 10am and I am still getting the abdominal pain occasionally. Yes, it definitely does the job but the side effects are downright horrible! I had the chills, worst stomach/back pain ever, nausea, fatigue, and generally overall feeling like crap. Thank goodness I didn't have to work today. If you have a sensitive stomach do not take this!"

Moe (taken for less than 1 month) July 16, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "I am usually a clean eater, this week I decided to eat junk food. BIG MISTAKE ! Leaving me feeling horrible. My stomach felt like I hadn’t used the bathroom in weeks. I instantly think cleanse and detox but first I needed a laxative of some sort. And my mother recommended Correctol (I’m 26 btw). She told me to take one at bed time and wait until the next morning which I did. An hour after waking up I started needing to using the bathroom. I went back and forth for about an hour, and now I feel fine. I highly recommend having something to hydrate you after taking his medicine (i.e vitamin water, pedialyte, or coconut water)."

Anna (taken for less than 1 month) June 28, 2018

For Constipation "I took this pill on Thursday when I came home from work. This is the worse experience I've ever had with this pill. When I initially started taking it, I also took it with a swig of Milk of Magnesia. Yea, I had cramps or whatever but NEVER this long. So it was maybe 7 or so when I took this pill on Thursday. It did take time for it to work as told on the package. I had a little discomfort & everything but it worked. But then Saturday night comes (now) & I've been experiencing this severe pain off and on since about 6pm. I've been to the bathroom several times and also felt like I have to throw up but I haven't yet. I just so happened to look up the reviews & it led me to this website. Currently debating on going to the E.R."

Anonymous December 17, 2017

For Constipation "Worst stomach pain of my life. Agonizingly painful. Never again. Took 3 for severe constipation. Debating on going to the ER if the pain comes back..."

Tlm000311 August 31, 2017

For Constipation "Oh my God! I read the instructions. It says 1 to 3 tablets at bedtime. I took 2. I honestly believe that 3 would've killed me dead!! Worst stomach pain and cramps of my life. I was sure I was dying. Vomiting, sweating and laboured breathing as well as shaking and panic stricken. I am sure that people that took 3 of those demon pills died on their bathrooms a painful and slow death. Rest on peace! ."

Help911dontdoit!! June 2, 2017

For Constipation "I took 2 at bed time and slept once I woke up I had to use the bathroom which is a good thing. I love it"

I'm good now (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 8, 2017

For Constipation "I tried the lower doses & never worked. Finally I tried the 3 pill dose & it worked. I took 3 pills a few different times thinking maybe it was worse because of something I had eaten before taking the laxative. Nope! They are just horrible. I only gave a 6 because yes, it does work. But the stomach pain is TOO MUCH. I've taken the pills at 6:30am & by 10am I'm in serious pain & running to the bathroom! I have to have a full 24hrs before I leave home because it literally cleans everything out all day. It makes me go 4-8 times in 24hrs. I'm wondering if myself & others may be severely allergic to an ingredient inside the pill? Ask your doctor before use, pls!!"

Netta813 March 2, 2017

For Bowel Preparation "Had a little stomach cramping and nausea just as with any other laxatives I've taken. I'm very satisfied though because it really cleaned me out. Exactly what I wanted!!!. Thank you!!!"

Sharjl4321 (taken for less than 1 month) March 1, 2017

For Constipation "I have just finished reading all these reviews and after just taking only one of the pills I'm quite frightened at the thought of being in the bathroom all night as I am a moronic 19 year old and decided to take it at 8:30 something (the box really should be more specific) I'm tired and have not even reached the 6 hour mark. I'm on a lot of pills that most likely don't like being messed with especially one that I just found out is highly incompatible with this laxative and has a slight chance of killing me. I'm already an overly panicked woman. Please tell me you all are still alive after these nightmares."

Mistakes were made December 24, 2016

For Constipation "I took this pill about 10 pm and by 2 am I went to the restroom. I had cramping which was normal but I had threw up while I was doing the restroom then I was jittery it even lowered my blood pressure and I wanted the horrible feeling to go away I felt like I was about to pass out!! Won't ever take it again!!"

Maytet05 November 24, 2016

For Constipation "I took one last night, only worked a little, took one more today, hope it works by morning without bad side affects. I used to take 2 laxatives at once but experienced faintness, nausea & severe hot flashes. So I only will one and not repeat dose for at least 12 hours."

Gypsy2 November 16, 2016

For Constipation "My God, people, how much are you taking? More is not better! For me a half a pill gets the job done nicely and comfortably overnight without duress."

Anne Can November 11, 2016

For Constipation "I will never use Correctol again. It felt like the claws of death were raking themselves through my intestines. I was nauseated, hot and I felt like I was going to throw up. Yes, it most certainly cleaned me out, but it definitely was not worth it."

Sickened (taken for less than 1 month) October 19, 2016

For Constipation "Took at 10 pm, by 3 am I was having burning horrible painful cramping in my intestines I almost went to the hospital it hurt so bad! Yes it cleaned me out but exlax is much less painful. My husband also took it & he was throwing up w/burning cramping & sweating profusely. We took 2, nothing extreme. I'd suggest any other laxative besides this horrible drug"

Marlena1971 (taken for less than 1 month) October 10, 2016

For Constipation "3 out of 10 only because it does clean out your system. However, the pain I feel with them is horrible. I had never taken any laxatives before and this was my first one, so when I first took it a few months ago I thought the extreme cramping, sweats and pain were normal experiences and just what happens when consumed. I took them last night around 2am before I went to bed, and when I was in the shower this morning around 8 am all the symptoms hit me at once. I ended up having to quickly get out and threw up before I even dried off. After I threw up, the pain got worse and not only could I not get off the toilet but I could not stop throwing up at the same time. The symptoms last for hours and is not worth it!"

bpeder August 4, 2016

For Constipation "Just night sweats, a little cramping, no poop! I took two pills and nada."

Just sweat July 26, 2016

For Constipation "Holy cats. I took it at around midnight. Woke up at 8 the next morning feeling off by 9 I was vomiting a bloodlike substance and was cramping so bad I felt like I was dying. After the third or fourth round of violent vomiting to the point I had urinated on myself my fiance called 911. I was soaking wet dripping with sweat and he said he was afraid I was dying because I turned grey. I scheduled for an endoscopy next week but after reading the other experiences on here I will certainly be talking to my newly acquired gastro doc to see if this innocuous pink pill could have reaked this much havoc. The emt thought I might have been having a heart attack it was rather terrifying. I am just now putting the pieces of this puzzle together."

Seventy-six July 8, 2016

For Constipation "DOESN'T WORK! Only gave me the worst night of my life. I had the worst cramps ever! It felt like labor and theres no way you can lay/ bend to fix the pain. I was throwing up while trying to go to the bathroom. Couldn't go to the bathroom, couldn't breathe, sweating, and in panic. It works for some but if your not sure if it works for you, don't try it, its not worth it!"

Anonymous July 1, 2016

For Constipation "At first I thought since 1 pill was for kids I guess I'll take 3 pills since I've always had problems with constipation.. WORST MISTAKE EVER! I took these 3 horrid pills at 2am.. Thinking they would work overnight.. Here I am at 12:25pm.. With extreme nausea & vomiting my guts out & major diarrhea.. My stomach feels like I'm going into labor these cramps are just too unbearable.. I shouldn't have taken 3.. I took 1 too many and now I'm learning my lesson the hard way.."

TOOKTOOMANYPILLS (taken for less than 1 month) June 24, 2016

For Constipation "I took it before going to bed 11pm and woke up around 3am with excruitiang back pain and stomach pain. I was literally on the floor breathing like I was in active labor. The pain was getting worse by the second and then I started sweating so badly that my pj's and hair were literally soaked and it was dripping off of my face and chest. I couldn't tell if I was going to throw up, poop or if I was having a legit heartattack. I couldn't even yell for help to my sleeping husband because I was in so much pain. I was honestly scared at this point because I've taken Exlax and never had this sort of reaction. I started to push and massage my abdomen which helped alleviate a little bit of the pain/cramping that I was having."

SRR816 May 7, 2016

For Constipation "I've used it in the not recent past with some pain and it's been effective but last night was horrible. I took it just before bed and I've had terrible cramps, broke into sweats, and spent part of the night on the bathroom floor in pain. I wasn't even able to go to work today. It is working but the side effects are horrible. I still have sharp pains and it's noon of the next day."

Susanmiami January 11, 2016

For Constipation "My gosh...worst pain ever. Seriously woke me up at 4am with the worst stomach pain I've ever had which forced me to vomit. The pain was almost unbearable! Never taking again. Awful awful awful. That being said ... It did force quite a few bowel movements but at terrible cost"

Bk October 6, 2015

For Constipation "Horrible! I took it before I went to be around 10 p.m. Bad cramps all night, even worse in the morning. Had diarrhea all day! I will never take this again."

Megan D. (taken for less than 1 month) July 30, 2015