User Reviews for Atropine / hyoscyamine / phenobarbital / scopolamine

Also known as: Alkabel-SR, Antispas, Antispasmodic, B-Donna Tablets, Barbidonna, Bellalphen, Bellatal, Bellatal ER, Chardonna-2, D-Tal, Donnaphen, Donnapine, Donnatal, Donnatal Extentabs, Elixiral, Haponal, Hyosophen, Kinesed, Me-PB-Hyos, PB-Hyos, Phenohytro, Quadrapax, RE-PB Hyos Elixir, Se-Donna PB HYOS, Servira, Spasmolin, Spasquid, Vitetal …show all brand names

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Atropine/hyoscyamine/phenobarbital/scopolamine.

Enterocolitis

1 review 44 medications
Duodenal Ulcer
9.5

Irritable Bowel Syndrome
9.3

Summary of Atropine/hyoscyamine/phenobarbital/scopolamine reviews 9.6 29 reviews

Reviews for Atropine/hyoscyamine/phenobarbital/scopolamine

Donnatal (atropine / hyoscyamine / phenobarbital / scopolamine) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I have been suffering extreme abdominal upper/lower right side and have gastroporesis, unknown weight loss , severe abdominal pain that dr’s can’t find seem to find out why I’m unable to hold down fluids/foods no longer than 10-15 min. My GI put me on this and it helps so much but, my pain management dr told me to stop it due to my other pain Med and I’ve been in my bed so sick, in such pain, severe n/v, abd. pain,headache, so I don’t know how to tell my pain dr that this was saving me"

dawnette (taken for less than 1 month) January 6, 2018

Phenohytro (atropine / hyoscyamine / phenobarbital / scopolamine) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "This drug is suppose to the generic for Donnatal, I am 63 and I have had IBS-D since I was twenty. I have tried most of the name brand drugs and Donnatal work the best for me. This drug does work and cost the same as Donnatal."

Ma Wood (taken for less than 1 month) September 21, 2017

Donnatal (atropine / hyoscyamine / phenobarbital / scopolamine) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I Have had IBS for 30 years now ago. My PCP recently wrote me a script for Donnatal Elixer. Unfortunately, my prescription insurance is denying me this medication stating, "Non-Essential Medication...Rejected, Not Covered." I want to know when my prescription insurance company received their medical degree and at what time have they ever examined me and/or read through my complex medical conditions/history. To add insult to injury I also have Common Variable Immune Deficiency which is known to cause major G/I complications, including infections and intestinal inflammation/pain. I plan to appeal the denial for the Donnatal Elixer. Also, the intestinal cramping I suffer renders me paralyzed with pain, unable to sit or walk."

Smilie Jo August 29, 2017

Donnatal (atropine / hyoscyamine / phenobarbital / scopolamine) for Duodenal Ulcer: "I use this medication to treat severe acid reflux. Mixed with Mylanta or Mallox liquid it works extremely well. It's very old school and insurance won't pay for it, for that reason, but I still pay the $200 plus to get."

I'm just me (taken for 10 years or more) August 18, 2017

Donnatal (atropine / hyoscyamine / phenobarbital / scopolamine) for Duodenal Ulcer: "It really helped when I had a stomach pain.This is a common symptom with Behcet's disease. I'd suffer from doubled over stomach aches and Donnatal gives me relief. It is available as a pill."

Kris1845 July 5, 2017

Donnatal (atropine / hyoscyamine / phenobarbital / scopolamine) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "This is the best thing since sliced bread (don't mean to really say this but...) Went off of it due to the price being so high. The replacement prescription did not work at all. After two months of problems again, I gave up and called in for the pills. Lifesaver, worked immediately, now I am happy again. Can go out, live normally. Took eight years off hell with IBS and other gastrointestinal problems until my doctor gave me this as a last resort, thank goodness he did. I went thru many, many, addictive medicines and such, very happy I found this."

Dedbear (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 5, 2017

Donnatal (atropine / hyoscyamine / phenobarbital / scopolamine) for Duodenal Ulcer: "Donnatal is so expensive. Go to donnatal website. There is a link to click on drug assist. I called. They sent me a prescription for free. Also my doctor had a coupon. I only had to pay $15 for 90 pills"

Debdt October 30, 2016

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "Had great results with this medication."

Ryrid August 20, 2016

Donnatal (atropine / hyoscyamine / phenobarbital / scopolamine) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "One of the BEST medicines ever for IBS. I suffered Cdiff for a long time and the aftermath led me having severe stomach muscle spasms , they would knock me off my feet. I tried every medicine you can think of, the only medicine that compared to helping is Librax but it didn't work as good as Donntal, however it's extremely expensive, for a 30 day supply is 285$. But when in so much pain you do what you have to. Hope the best for everyone reading this."

Renee12345678 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 15, 2016

Donnatal (atropine / hyoscyamine / phenobarbital / scopolamine) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I'm 35 and one of the first memories I have is me at about four reeling in pain from IBS-D. I have often thought about just taking the easy way out due to the constant agony. Then one day an amazing gastro suggested Donnatal and within about three hours of taking it I was pain free. This stuff is a life changer for me at least."

SteveBruleMD November 27, 2015

Donnatal (atropine / hyoscyamine / phenobarbital / scopolamine) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "Works great for irritable bowel syndrome! I am so comfortable at work only down side it is expensive."

lizzie1416 October 11, 2014

Donnatal (atropine / hyoscyamine / phenobarbital / scopolamine) for Duodenal Ulcer: "Was given this medication as an liquid form along with a couple of other liquid medications. I had to drink like a half of gallon non stop, but within 5 to 10 minutes my Irritable Bowel Syndrome relaxed and I started flautuating like crazy in the emergency room in front of the doctor and nurse. The doctor said that's what we wanted. Within 1 hour my IBS was completed gone. The problem now is my doctor prescribed me Donnatal and the prescription is $600.00 with insurance, so now I'm back suffering with IBS day after day knowing if I could just get that medication I would be fine again. "

De De August 28, 2014

Donnatal (atropine / hyoscyamine / phenobarbital / scopolamine) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I have used Donnatal for over 2 years mainly for Irritable Bowel Syndrome. It works every single time I have a flare-up like nothing else I have ever taken. Hands down the best medication in my opinion. No side effects, reduces sweating but that also helps me since I tend to sweat a lot. It also has helped me with anxiety as well as during weaning from opiate medications. GREAT MEDICINE. Only con is that not all pharmacies carry it anymore. "

ehh80 (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 5, 2014

Donnatal (atropine / hyoscyamine / phenobarbital / scopolamine) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "Excellent for irritable bowel syndrome symptoms like gas and general stomach malaise. Works fast but is expensive!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 19, 2014

Donnatal (atropine / hyoscyamine / phenobarbital / scopolamine) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "Prescribed for me in ER when I was there for nausea and vertigo from Irritable Bowel Syndrome...probably the ONLY medicine I ever took that worked immediately and did just what it advertised...truly effective medicine!"

Cossack (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 27, 2013

Donnatal (atropine / hyoscyamine / phenobarbital / scopolamine) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I am a 45 year old male who has suffered from IBS since my teens. Nothing has been successful until I went to Italy and learned about Donnatal. When I returned to the States i asked my Dr. about Donnatal and he said it was an old medicine, which he hasn't prescribed in years. He gave me a prescription and my pains, and loose bowl movements have stopped. I have been taking this medicine for 3 months and now I can function normally.. now I have my life back. I reported this to my Dr. who was surprised and has started to prescribe it again with some great feedback. I find the liquid Donnatal works best. I can even drink Coffee again."

IBS in NJ (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 7, 2013

Donnatal (atropine / hyoscyamine / phenobarbital / scopolamine) for Enterocolitis: "I had been seeing G.I. specialist for months for intermittent nausea and vomiting that led to horrible stomach and chest pain. My G.I. tried everything, nothing seemed to worked, I even threw up on Zofran twice(strongest anti-nausea medicine you can get). I wind up in the ER about monthly for complications with dehydration and anemia, and at the ER I was put on Donnatal. Donnatal was a miracle! I can now function, leave my house most days, and no longer spend every day wishing I would just die because of the pain. It doesn't fix everything but without it I am really bad. "

Delahanty (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 23, 2012

Donnatal (atropine / hyoscyamine / phenobarbital / scopolamine) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "Better than anything else I've used."

Lao August 31, 2012

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I just found out about Crohn's disease. After three years of suffering this is the first time a doctor gave me a medication that actually works. I'm used to getting a GI cocktail at the ER, but to have this medicine in hand always makes me feel safe from embarrassing accidents. I'm 40 years old, and this began in 2007 at age 36. The ER doctors told me it was a virus go home, but now I know I'm not crazy. Thanks for this medicine, it's a miracle."

Cherry1970 September 14, 2011

Donnatal (atropine / hyoscyamine / phenobarbital / scopolamine) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I was recently diagnosed with irritable bowel syndrome and given Belladonna/Phenabarbital, as well as Dexilant (acid reducer). I felt great for the first week of being on these; however after that it has gone downhill, with severe diarrhea and headaches. I have lost 13 lbs since taking these medicines and concerned with which medicines cause this. The Dexilant seems to cause the diarrhea, but I'm left wondering why the headaches are so bad. Any assistance would be great...cannot function w/the headaches and nothing over the counter touches them."

Anonymous August 5, 2011

Donnatal (atropine / hyoscyamine / phenobarbital / scopolamine) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "My GI Doctor has tried half a a dozen different drugs for my IBS and none could seem to to do the trick. I pretty much gave up all hope until during my yearly physical my PCP (who has been practicing 35 years) mentioned I tried a much older drug called Donnatal. He told me it was an old drug but proven effective time and time again. I filled the script and immediately started taking it. I noticed improvement almost immediately and have been taking it regularly for 3 months now with no complaints. Donnatal is my miracle."

serenity0322 July 12, 2011

Donnatal (atropine / hyoscyamine / phenobarbital / scopolamine) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "It relieves my stomach pains due to severe bloating and gas. It is sedating. Once I take it, if I am somewhere comfortable, I can dose off. It is a very good medicine."

Anonymous June 28, 2011

Donnatal (atropine / hyoscyamine / phenobarbital / scopolamine) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I have used Donnatal for years for Irritable Bowel Syndrome diarrhea. It is a miracle medicine. I stop it when it stops working. I could not have worked or gone out of house without it. However I have high liver levels and wonder if the Donnatal caused this. I stopped it when went on Savella for fibromyalgia. The Savella also helps my IBS. Not on anything now, on FMLA at present. Will have to go on something if I return to work."

normal 1 March 3, 2011

Donnatal (atropine / hyoscyamine / phenobarbital / scopolamine) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "Calms me down and numbs the pain just a bit."

Anonymous January 13, 2011

Donnatal (atropine / hyoscyamine / phenobarbital / scopolamine) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I used Librax for IBS. Only been on this for 2 days, but I feel the drug is working well, will continue. I have had IBS for years, but it comes and goes and sometimes no symptoms for months. But I recently had a sinus infection and they put me on antibiotic LEVAQUIN. After using it, it brought back my IBS problems."

robertmacgregor March 19, 2010