User Reviews for Atorvastatin (Page 2)

Also known as: Lipitor

Hyperlipoproteinemia 2.0
Summary of Atorvastatin reviews 4.3 208 reviews

Reviews for Atorvastatin

Geo October 11, 2019

For High Cholesterol: “After using over 30 days my face skin got severe itching with dry skin. Without knowing this cause I continue to take for another 10 days and by then my face skin looks like burned and damaged altogether with severe dry skin and itching.”

Sphen October 5, 2019

For Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease: “I was diagnosed with heart disease 10 weeks ago with main artery blocked 90%, other blocked 70% and some others 40% and 30%. Underwent a stent for main blockage and cardiologist put me straight on medication including 80mg of Lipitor. I suffer from reaction to medication and straight away had back pain mainly in middle and down right side. The plain was not good, but I decided I needed to beat this thing and the best way was to push through hoping my body would adjust. I underwent major lifestyle changes in what I ate and drank, exercised at least 150minutes a week and keep taking the Lipitor dispute the pain. I can say that after about 10 weeks I have started to feel better. Cholesterol is down to 2.8, numbness on soul of feet is 90% better, back pain is also 80% better. Feeling the best I have for years. ”

Cat · Taken for 2 to 5 years October 4, 2019

For High Cholesterol: “Been taking 80mg atorvastatin since 2016. Dr. lowered to 40mg. I took for two days and felt dizzy, had headache, felt lightheaded. Not feel very good! So I took another 40mg to make it 80mg like before. Within two hrs. my symptoms were gone. Think I will stay on 80 mg”

Tahoe929 October 3, 2019

For High Cholesterol: “I have been on atorvastatin for a few months. Started out at 40mg per day. I had something going on with my legs to the point where I thought I had blood clots. I told my cardiologist that I had leg pain this past June (2019). I said it may be the medication, but he said I should not be having any muscle pains in my legs. He upped my dosage to 80mg per day. Well, I can barely walk and I mean barely. The leg cramps at night and the pain in my legs is terrible. I saw this website yesterday (10/2/19) and read some of the comments. I contacted my doctor immediately and told him what was going on. I feel like I'm an 80 year old woman and how painful it is in my legs. He took me off immediately and told me to never go back on atorvastatin again.”

Anonymous September 28, 2019

For High Cholesterol: “atorvastatin worked bringing down my Triglycerides. But my joint pain forced me to change meds. My wrist have arthritis in them yes, but I never had pain until I took this med. The pain was unbearable.”

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 30, 2019

Lipitor (atorvastatin) for High Cholesterol: “Delayed side effects. Took years to realize statins give MEMORY LOSS BIG TIME and muscle pain and mood issues. And now discovering risk from high LDL is massively exaggerated. Having sufficient HDL is what matters. IF YOU KNOW SOMEONE LOSING MEMORY ASK THEM TO THINK BACK IF IT STARTED GETTING WORSE WITHIN A YEAR OF STARTING STATINS. Someone once did that for me. ”

Rob August 23, 2019

For High Cholesterol: “I was put on 20mg of Atorvastatin in April 2019 by a new Cardiologist. I started to feel fatigued the first week and lowered the dose to 10mg (split the pill). I was checked recently and my LDL was lower from 147 to 121mg/dL. The last few months the side effects have started to really cause me problems, severe leg muscle cramps and pain in my upper arms. In the morning I find that my voice is very hoarse and this is starting to affect my speech pattern. I asked my own PCP about the side effects and all he could tell me that there are no other known remedies for lowering one's cholesterol?? I decided after reading all the reviews that I would take a time out on this drug and try Niacin. I'm a 55 healthy male who walks everywhere and I can't afford to lose my mobility at such an early age. I really have no trust in the US Medical system and only see it as a money making enterprise with an unsustainable bureaucracy.”

Larrio · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 14, 2019

Lipitor (atorvastatin) for High Cholesterol: “I took lipitor for three months, then went thru a unbelievably hard time for 3 years due to side effects. I had myopathy ,neuropathy, rashes, upset stomach, extreme muscle pain, E D ,. Pyronnies, constipation, arthritis, short term memory loss, could not lift my arms above my head and horrible fatigue.”

John · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 13, 2019

For High Cholesterol: “Since being on atorvastatin I have had a cold, wheezing, asthma, short of breath and also peeing more often”

Product user · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 16, 2019

Lipitor (atorvastatin) for Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease: “I was put on Lipitor after a mild heart-attack and stent placement. A short time after starting the script, my hands started hurting daily. They woke me up at night. Then the pain spread through out my body . It got so bad I could not push up off a chair or bed. Nothing helped. It was nerve and muscle pain. Took it for a year before the doctor finally heard me and took me off Lipitor to see if that was the cause. Within days the pain started letting up . Now 4 months later I’m back to normal. The pain was so bad I thought I was terminal and felt that way to the point of writing out a will . Not everyone has this reaction . But pay attention if you start taking it and then have body pain. It can be dangerous. I don’t know what long term effect may show up later from it. Now my hands still hurt daily from it . But less than when I was on the pill.”

Tj · Taken for less than 1 month June 27, 2019

Lipitor (atorvastatin) for Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease: “Worst side effects I could imagine. The pelvic and leg pain was so bad I couldn't sleep for six days until my Dr told me to stop!! The pain was worse than anything I have experienced. Including child birth!!! Drs should not be so quick to jump to this drug!!!!! It also messed with my kidneys have been on antibiotics for 2 weeks trying to get them back to a normal level. My opinion BAD DRUG!!!!!!”

Al · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 23, 2019

For High Cholesterol: “I have tried on several occasions to stick with a daily dose. But each time I had to back off due to muscle pain and severe diarrhea. The diarrhea got so bad (needed to go urgently) that I found myself not wanting to socialize as much or leave the house for long periods. Several close calls made me apprehensive. When I did take this starting my lipid panel was back to normal. But the side effects were to much to stand. So I will be not be going back to daily statin doses. And yes I have tried other stations down through the years. Same negative results.”

Lyn June 22, 2019

For High Cholesterol: “I have experienced light coughing that slowly advanced over 18 months to wheezing, hoarseness, uncontrollably coughing. I was treated for asthma and allergies with no relief. I researched this medicine and had all the side effects. This week I stopped taking it and all asthma treatments. After 5 days I'm breathing much better and not using inhaler or breathing treatments. I sleep through the night without gasping and coughing. I fully believe 18 months of this medication has taken a harsh toll on my lungs. I'm seeing my doctor this week and can't wait to see what she thinks about my changes and findings”

Not impressed · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 18, 2019

For Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease: “I started on 80 mg of atorvastatin after receiving a stent following a blocked coronary artery . " After researching . I told GP I wasn't happy , and she suggested a lower dose 40 mg. After one and a half years I ended up with diabetes 2, memory problems , heartburn , blurred vision , joint pain , stiffness , cramping . My memory recovered as did digestive problems a few weeks after stopping them . I wish I hadn't taken them at all .horrible !”

Boxers2 · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 30, 2019

For High Cholesterol: “I have been on this this for several years. I have felt nothing but miserable while taking it. I have had the cramping, muscle pain in legs, stomach issues, headaches and pain in arms. Kept asking my primary doctor if this could be the cause of all this and he kept saying no. Well I have changes my primary doctor and done away with this terrible medication.!!”

changed · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 27, 2019

Lipitor (atorvastatin) for High Cholesterol: “The Lipitor worked for years then suddenly I had upper arm pains and couldn't move my arms without crying. I couldn't get up from the toilet or bathtub etc. I was a cripple. My cardiologist took me off the drug immediately and said not to every go back to it. After months the pain subsided a little but never came back to my original health. Can't walk much and have to stop every minute or so to rest my aching legs etc. Can't take care of my apartment anymore.”

Steffan · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 10, 2019

For High Cholesterol: “Side effects of atorvastatin included weight gain, muscle cramps, constant sore throat and digestion/gas issues. Have stopped taking after 3 months of these issues - it's taken another 4 weeks of stomach pains to make a recovery. They did do the job as readings reduced from 6.1 to 4.1, but not worth the pain.”

Suzie · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 5, 2019

For High Cholesterol: “Atorvastatin lowered my cholesterol but the leg pain I had was unbearable. I went off it because of my legs hurting enough that it was interfering with my day to day life.”

Cathy · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 3, 2019

For High Cholesterol: “I have been on Atorvastatin for about three months . I kept telling my doctor that my legs hurt. So she ordered a EMG [Electromyography measures muscle response] which I refused. She’s trying to make it sound like I’m crazy and it’s all in my head that my legs hurt or that there something else wrong when in fact it’s from the atorvastatin . I’m sorry to say this but I think doctors are all about the money because if she would’ve told me the side effects of this drug I wouldn’t of taken it in the first place. I feel horrible all the time I feel like I have to throw up all the time my legs hurt my foot is numb I called her up today and said I’m not taking that medicine ever again I’ll be taking niacin instead that also helps to lower your cholesterol”

Rossy April 1, 2019

Lipitor (atorvastatin) for High Cholesterol: “How is this stuff legal? 5 urgent care and 2 ER trips, and no one related the Lipitor to my pains. I had severe muscle cramps everywhere. Deep excruciating pain in glute muscles that had me in physical therapy. Itching and tingling on face and extremities. Sharp pain in various muscles that concludes with lasting aches and difficulty with motion. Fatigue too. Been on for over a year then looked up side effects and called my doctor. Took statin specific blood test and have to have test to see if my muscle fibers have broken down. I'm a walking side effect commercial...and it's not fun.”

USC · Taken for 5 to 10 years March 31, 2019

For High Cholesterol: “I have had high cholesterol for years so was put on Atorvistatin and it was a nightmare. Besides muscle pain and aches, the worst side effect is muscle weakness. I'm talking flat out atrophy of my leg muscles. I'm in my 50's, and the effect has been horrible on quality of life. I fall easily. I finally got off of this drug and switched to another Statin”

Beanee · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 25, 2019

For High Cholesterol: “Have been taking lipitor for for 2 months. Went to Dr for yearly check up and blood work. My white blood count was low at 2.8 the only changes I have made since last check up is the addition of lipitor and Keto diet. The last 2 weeks I have been dizzy and have headaches and insomnia. Not sure if I should quit taking the drug or quit my diet.”

sadie51 March 21, 2019

For High Cholesterol: “My Dr prescribed me atorvastatin 10mg, 8 weeks ago. My numbers are in the 200's. I was very hesitant because of the bad side effects I have heard other people tell me about but everyone is different, so I decided to give it a try. As of today, I took myself off of it. I have gained 12 lbs, experienced muscle weakness, muscle aches, back pain, brain fog, memory issues, confusion, headaches, and fatigue. I explained to my Dr that I was having bad side effects and she told me to stay on it and just "wait it out" and the good will outweigh the bad. I have become very inactive and sleep all the time. I haven't exercised at all and with the weight gain, that has made my health deteriorate....not improve. I am going to try Niacin instead. In the long run, I realize that eating healthy and exercise is the best way to keep my body in the best shape possible. My health is important to me, but so is my quality of life. Try this drug at your own risk.”

PJ · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 1, 2019

For High Cholesterol: “I believe atorvastatin caused me to have restless legs and adversely effected my sleep. My RLS is much better since I quit taking it.”

rivervan February 20, 2019

For High Cholesterol: “Wish I could rate this a zero. After only 3 days on atorvastatin 20mg I experienced constant headache, muscle pain and weakness, dizziness, couldn't sleep, tingling in the arms and legs and ringing in the ears. Well turns out after doing more research into these toxic drugs I was indeed being slowly poisoned. Stopped after 9 days and things are improving slowly. These drugs stop the essential HMG-CoA pathway in the body which produces many molecules that are essential for cellular health. They also build up in muscle tissue in their toxic lactone form. This is especially serious if you have an acidic blood pH. There are genetic variations in the bodies ability to clear these through the liver that can lead to a dangerous build-up of these drugs in your body. This basic biology is all hard science and confirmed by peer-reviewed studies. Educate yourself and make your own decision before letting your doctor scare you into taking these dangerous drugs.”