User Reviews for Mevacor

Learn more about Mevacor.

High Cholesterol, Fa...ial Heterozygous 1 reviews 15 medications

High Cholesterol 2 reviews 47 medications

Summary of Mevacor reviews 3 reviews 8.0

Reviews for Mevacor

For High Cholesterol "This worked better than Lipitor. I changed due to cost and my blood work is beyond excellent. I've had no adverse side effects. "

Zanesgrammy (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 14, 2014

For High Cholesterol "Lowered cholesterol about 65% as well as Lipitor. Had eventual adverse effects after 1.5 years of use. Caused extreme joint and muscle tendon pain in the fingers, hands, wrists, elbows, shoulders, hips, thighs and knees. This was with the typical starting dosage for Mevacor. Lipitor has NOT had any side effects for me in over a decade of use. Different statins have different effects on different individuals, but Mevacor's side effects were crippling for me until I discontinued use. About a year later, I began 20 mg of Lipitor."

wwaldok November 1, 2011

For High Cholesterol, Familial Heterozygous "I have been on lovastatin for many years. I started with Mevacor and then tried later statins, but seemed to experience minor muscle aches from the newer ones and I requested to stay on lovastatin. "

tyler57 August 13, 2008