User Reviews for Aripiprazole

Also known as: Abilify, Abilify Discmelt, Abilify Maintena, Aristada

Learn more about Aripiprazole.

Aripiprazole Rating Summary

6.6/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 16 medications used in the treatment of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.

Reviews for Aripiprazole to treat Post Traumatic Stress Disorder

"My 14 year old daughter and I were hit head-on by a drunk driver on Xmas Eve of 2015. We both spent weeks in the hospital and she sadly passed 6 months later. I subsequently went into a downward spiral and tested positive for PTSD. 1 mg of Abilify per day has seemingly been transformative. Within a week my symptoms were cut in half. They were reduced further after another week. I am now on week three and doing even better. My only reservation is that I don't sleep as well and have had a few insomniac nights. I'm going to start taking it in the morning and see if that helps."

Theologicae June 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've been clean for almost 4 yrs. 1st time in my life. I got off all these medications because I was so messed up.I had a Combination of the diagnosis listed and PTSD. When I detoxed I was blessed to be in a facility that took me off all of the meds. I was taking for all my diagnosis. Replaced it all with exercise, NA mtgs., working with my sponsor, my therapist and talking to my Hp everyday. The first yr. I was so out of it but I eventually felt so much better. This medication caused me to become manic, having anxiety attacks, my upper abdomen became distill, I became incontinent and couldn't go poo to save my life. Basically, I went back to Oaklawn and was honest with the pysiciatrist I have now and I told her how hard I was working to not have to go back to having to put this crap in me."

Chris st.3216 December 2, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I started taking Abilify 3 days ago to go along with paxil and vistral and I feel great the reacurring negative thoughts are more under control and sad feelings are gone. I am so thankful"

KiaB (taken for less than 1 month) July 28, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Abilify Discmelt (aripiprazole): "Had simmilar antipsychotic effects of Seroquel, and yet had far less sedative and flattening effects on the psyche. A great alternative to other medications with similar applications."

ptsd February 7, 2012

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Abilify (aripiprazole): "So far I would recommend taking this at night. Instead of having insomnia it made me very sleepy."

bandit64 April 20, 2011

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Abilify (aripiprazole): "While this medicine helped, and really did snuff out the symptoms associated with my trauma disorder. It also had so many side effects. Taking it would put me into a sleepy sort of fog, and felt very out of it. We then tried Minipress, and have had much more success with that. I now use Abilify as an emergency medicine. It acts as a great last resort to stop all of the overly emotional symptoms associated with an attack/flash back, and helps put you back in a better place, even if it gets a bit foggy. I haven't used it for a couple weeks now, but I haven't also worked on the trauma issues for a while as well. I'd give it a 10 for rare emergency use, and a 5 for day to day use due to its side effects, thus the 7"

jk13 August 27, 2010

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Post Traumatic Stress Disorder was the most awful thing that I've ever experienced, bringing me back to terror unlike anything I've felt for over 15 years. My love for my kids saved my life. I already have depression, Fibromyalgia, SAD, many anxiety types, and likely narcolepsy, currently taking 8 medicines that did nothing for the trauma. Only 2mg of Abilify stopped all of the symptoms, but made me very tired, falling asleep at 8pm (Narcolepsy). Other than that, I regard this medication as being extremely effective. I had bad side effects (even more sleepy) but took 7 days to lessen (now less sleepy than before), unlike the 2 days typical of these medicines."

jk13 July 23, 2010